Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I thought for sure that "went from doing nothing in NYC to getting nothing done in DC" would be Tea Leoni from The Naked Truth and Madame Secretary! And I never saw either one, but I assume that she was struggling mightily?

• Love 1

Just wanted to throw out there that most of the episodes of "Playing House" are available on USA network's site. I revisited them yesterday after listening to EHG and remembering how much I love the show.

The episode "Totes Kewl" lives on my DVR for the scene where Emma finds out that Maggie and Emma's mom have become friends, and that it was Maggie's idea to give her the syrup as a goodwill gesture. Emma threatens to eat her waffles without syrup, "Dry as a goddamn bone." Still gets me every time.

• Love 1

I could have sworn Moonlight was about werewolves, but I was wrong. I saw one episode 10? years ago. I should have checked it along with Tracee. I keep thinking that they have one too many kids on that show. When I was watching the show in October, I thought the little boy was the little girl's friend.

Revenge popped into my head when you all described the topic... though to be fair, I gave up on it during season 2, which was awful, and I have the impression its been wildly inconsistent since then?

I wish a Downton character had my name.

If I had a EHG Mini credit, I would ask the panelists how, and into which show they would insert a character bearing their names, and what that character would be like, how he or she would function in the plot, etc. I feel like David T. Cole should be on an animated show, not just because he -- allegedly -- dresses like a cartoon character.

• Love 3

I know you guys weren't necessarily fans of the show...but the Michael Emerson clue stating that the "duplicitous Islander" he played on LOST was "Henry" drove me crazy. His name was BEN, not Henry...Henry was who he pretended to be for like 4 episodes.

I AM NOT A CRACKPOT.

(I'm probably a crackpot).

• Love 3

I was yelling, "It's the Flash! It's The Flash! John, you just talked about The Flash!" at my speakers during the Grant Gustin question.

Poor John, this was not his jam.

• Love 2

Move the Charming family, including Regina, from Once Upon a Time to Arrow.

Snow can help Oliver out with reconciling his rich kid side and his bandit side and be a bow buddy.

David and Emma can meet Diggle and Felicity and Roy and bond.The former Sheriffs can aid Team Arrow secretly.  David and Emma, taking up Emma's pre-Saviour occupation of bounty hunter, can interact with Quinton periodically.  Maybe David becomes a cop?

Regina, meanwhile, catches Malcolm Merlyn's eye, then his (figurative) heart as she easily deduces who the Arrow is and tries to kill him because she's bored.

Henry goes to school and  occasionally sneaks in to DJ at Verdant for Thea. (Why not?)

Snow and Neal meet Lyla and Sara and have the coolest play dates ever, while Amanda Waller wonders why and how this guy Gold keeps calling her on her personal line.

The Flash on Supermarket Sweep! *g*

Same network: Constantine and Hannibal.  Both are flashy men who totally believe in their work. Both are sneaky buggers who are willing to sacrifice whoever they need to get their job done. Both could be considered masters of dark arts.  A dinner between John and Hannibal could be riveting TV. 

Different networks: black-ish and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Bow and Dre are in NYC for business reasons ( doctor's conference and meeting a client who's wavering, respectively.) Pops loses the kids in Central Park. Jack and Diane end up found by Broyles, who succumbs to Jack's cuteness while Diane scams him for whatever. Junior gets lost following a girl onto the subway and is found by Santiago, whom he hits on first, then is taken back to the 99 until family can be reached. Meanwhile Zoey and Diaz are taking down a fake handbag ring after Zoey is tipped to buying a fake (Don't-a-tella Verachay.)  Pops meets Peralta and end up just hanging out. A Silver Alert is issued after everyone but Pops is at the 99. Peralta and Pops stroll in, get stared at by Captain Holt, then Junior and Santiago present Bow and Dre with a scrapbook memento. Scenes of Bow and Dre are of them flipping out at the news, trying to decide where to meet up, and  at the station as their family slowly drags in. Dre's client is saved, barely, by Dre looking after his family in the face of losing a long-time client (misunderstanding Dre's absence) and Bow's symposium was called off because none of the other speakers showed up ( other ER docs with insane emergencies that prevented them from coming.)

• Love 1

Downton Abbey is my pick. As you all have mentioned on the main podcast, the show kind of started out as a smaller-scale, Upstairs/Downstairs drama. Aside from two really soapy things--the actual Soap-Bar Miscarriage, and the Death By Sex--I felt like most of the drama of the first season was rooted in manners, class friction, familial expectations, etc. Things like Matthew unintentionally disrespecting Molesly when he insisted on dressing himself, and then correcting that later, even though he was still uncomfortable about it--I found that more interesting and appealing than the over-the-top, repetitive soap the show quickly became. If that was as long as Fellowes could restrain his worst impulses, then I wish it had just been one and done.

You know, I haven't watched Deadwood, but a Game Time I submitted referenced an episode which led to everyone reminiscing over some apparent memorable injury (torture?) in a very amusing way. 

"...and the guy had the thing with the thing-"

"Yes!"

"And you could hear it going-"

"Yes!" [tone of voice said: "please stop talking about this"]

"Gentlemen, squirm in your chairs."

As a slightly older person, I have to give the Nonac version of the question to "The time Fonzie went blind for a single episode of Happy Days." (Season 6, Episode 4, "Fonzie's Blindness.") It is, of course, colossally idiotic (I knew this at age 10 already), but it IS kind of fun to try to picture the scene in the writer's room, starting with the guy at the head of the table saying, "Okay, everyone, THINK! What's something really funny?" 

Super enjoyed the podcast. I also listen to Joe on The Film Experience podcast but for some reason, I like the chemistry of this podcast more. Also, Katie Holmes really should have her own TV show, you are correct, Joe Reid.

• Love 1