Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: I Don't Like the Sound of Your Voice

• Start Topic

On the day of TomTom’s official opening party, Sandoval surprises Schwartz with his grandest gesture yet, while Lisa confronts Lala about her behavior at Billie Lee’s brunch. Katie sees the group’s vacation to Mexico as a chance to reconnect with her busy husband, but ends up exploding when Schwartz takes a seat in first class without her. Still smarting from his exclusion from the trip, James makes a shocking revelation about his sobriety.

Airs March 25, 2019.

I thought the Toms were going to go ballistic when Lisa opened that bottle of champagne to spray over the guys and the new motorcycle. It would spot their clothes (white suits) and leave a sticky mess. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I like the bar -- especially the outdoor patio!

Wish Lisa would put away her cleavage.  Sophia Loren did it much better.

Really - nobody wants to see saggin’ ol’ breasts any more than they want to see saggin’ ol’ balls. 

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought the Toms were going to go ballistic when Lisa opened that bottle of champagne to spray over the guys and the new motorcycle. It would spot their clothes (white suits) and leave a sticky mess. 

I would think they would be mad if she didn’t becaise it feeds into all their ridiculously basic and cliched dreams of living a “baller” lifestyle.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Geez, Tom seems done with Katie

7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Seems more in love with Sandoval.

I have said this forever.  They should have just married each other. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I have thought about this scenario, since my husband and I have been doing some traveling lately, and one of us doesn't get upgraded to first class unless both of us get upgraded to first class. Not cool Schwartzy, not cool

I have had this happen more than once and my bf gladly let me get upgraded and vice-versa. 

• Love 17

Yeah, I'd feel bad if my spouse got first class and I didn't.  So I don't blame Katie.

However, my spouse is big and tall and needs the space.  I'm just happy not to be in the middle seat, scrunching my arms between the armrests.    And I need his hand to squeeze on take-off and during turbulence.  lol

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I have thought about this scenario, since my husband and I have been doing some traveling lately, and one of us doesn't get upgraded to first class unless both of us get upgraded to first class. Not cool Schwartzy, not cool

And then he’s surprised that she rage-texted him during the flight. 🤔 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I had trouble listening to Tom and Katie fighting. Poor Ariana and Tom being next door and within earshot. 

Sandoval looked like he was having a blast listening to that marriage implode....

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I need to rewatch!

Did James lie?  His dad bought him a beer.  But I thought I saw the drink in Janes hand and he was explaining it was like an orange creamsicle. 

I appreciate the editors giving us context into Katie's rage.  Schwartz was horrible. Yes he's opening the bar, but most of the time it's like Katie didn't exist. At all.  Not even a see ya.  Not a I love you bubbs, but I'm so busy.  Zippo.

Both sides have valid points to the first class issue.  Stupendous Man had a horrible back and I wouldn't begrudge him.  On the other hand, Schwartz doesn't.  It's the airline's fault for not keeping couples together!

Beauzilla.  I love him.  I want him for my very own.  You're lucky Stassi that I'm old.  And he's trustworthy.  Wait.  He's more than trustworthy. 

He's sponge worthy. 

julia louis dreyfus happy dance GIF by Crave

4 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Sandoval looked like he was having a blast listening to that marriage implode....

Because in his heart of hearts he wants to be married to Schwartz! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Tom Scwartz sucks, actually.  I’m not saying katie is great but tonight just proved again, much like those bachelorette/bachelor parties that Tom isn’t a sweet funny guy. He’s actually kind of the worst. 

And what exactly has Tom been doing with TomTom for four months that led to Katie feeling ignored?  I don't think anything that actually had anything substantial to do with the bar.  I suspect he was using it as an excuse to fart around with Tom all the time.

Katie seems to have been trying to keep  the trouble off camera and set a mental deadline of the bar opening for things to get better and Tom kept ignoring her.

Also retroactively explains why Sandoval went off on Katie last week.  He always reacts to issues between Schwartz and Katie by blowing up at Katie about how horrible she is.

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, b2H said:

Katie needs some serious therapy to get to the bottom of her rage.

Ooooh, so true.  I completely understand why Katie felt neglected at the TomTom opening but she was wrong to do so.  This really was the Toms' night and wasn't the place for her to be acknowledged by association.  Ariana seemed to understand it, Katie didn't.  An EI miss (and surprised Tom referenced it).

However, Tom was completely wrong to take the upgrade over his wife.  Completely wrong.  I've been at cross-currents with my spouse and some how we got over it (frankly I think we were too busy to get divorced and then it all seemed to work out).  This is not advice I would give to anybody but I would say a drunken vacation trip is not time to pick at the scab.  

Seems like it would be nice for them to decide to vacation privately and meet everybody else at the airport at the way back.

ETA:  Even when we were at a bad place my husband would have completely given me his upgrade.

Edited by albarino
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

And what exactly has Tom been doing with TomTom for four months that led to Katie feeling ignored?  I don't think anything that actually had anything substantial to do with the bar.  I suspect he was using it as an excuse to fart around with Tom all the time.

Huh, maybe that’s why Arianna seems like she’s in a better mood.

She’s having to spend less time with Sandoval.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Katie seems to have been trying to keep  the trouble off camera and set a mental deadline of the bar opening for things to get better and Tom kept ignoring her.

Also retroactively explains why Sandoval went off on Katie last week.  He always reacts to issues between Schwartz and Katie by blowing up at Katie about how horrible she is.

Well you know Scwartz is a battered wife

mean girls eye roll GIF

• LOL 7

Eh like someone else said I think it’s more than the flight. And it also like someone else said explains shun fi went off on Katie. She’s always the problem. Scwartz never does anything. He’s just a sweet puppy. Like I said scwartz is awful actually. It takes two people to work on a relationship and most of the time scwartz isn’t, he’s off either making out with randoms or hanging out with the person he wants to be married to FI. Yeah he’s a real winner. I know katie isn’t the greatest but why is it her fault? Because she gets to a point wheee it bothers her so much and she can’t help but blow up? That’s not fair to our  it all on her.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Did James lie?  His dad bought him a beer.  But I thought I saw the drink in Janes hand and he was explaining it was like an orange creamsicle. 

I thought so too based on the flashback footage they showed of him with his dad, but I think that Creamsicle drink footage was from a while ago and wasn’t actually the most recent meeting with his dad.

Of course in his talking head he made clear that he’d had a drink a couple days before, but talking heads are filmed later so he may not have technically lying to Lisa in that moment. Although creamsicle drink aside I don’t really believe he’s not been drinking. We just don’t have evidence if you go by what he told Lisa.

• Love 4

Jax and Brittany need to go away. Jax (in the most monotone voice) Should we really be going on vacation when we are planning our wedding?

I can't wait for Brittany's stomach to explode in Mexico with her drinking alcohol logic.

And I'm guessing the Santa "danging" dream is actually a repressed memory.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

"You got me gloves? I love gloves. You got me goggles? I love goggles." Damn. Sandoval made his biggest grand gesture ever....and then had to push it to a gas station. And still, I wonder if Ariana is jealous?

I thought it was super sweet that Sandoval actually had a "Bubba" helmet made for Katie. Not that she deserves it. 

I'm over her. She spent years complaining that Schwartz had no gumption. Now he's doing some serious work and she's unhappy with THAT. 

I get being a bit miffed about the flight situation; but she is going to ruin everyone's fucking trip over it. Including her own. And I don't believe, for one minute, that Katie would give up first class for Tom.

I needed less Bubba fighting and more Sandoval packing. That hat box???? 

Also, I'd like a spin off of Jax bitching about wedding costs. I can't help it. He cracks me up. 

The HAT BOX!!!!!   LOLOL!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Britney's inability to not drink concerns me.  I think most of the cast would have a hard time not drinking but here she is given the choice to drink and puke her guts out or not drink and heal and she chooses to drink.  

This episode needed more Stassi and Beau

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Because she's the one that has an issue with her husband but doesn't communicate with him like an adult and instead rage-texts him like a wangsty sixteen year old and then freezes him out when they land - in front of the entire group so everyone knows - and then yells with him on their hotel balcony for everyone to hear? Sure, Tom could really benefit from learning some de-escalation techniques if those two are going to make their marriage last but she was the one with the issue, not Tom. 

But Tom also has a ability to not be able to handle confrontation at all. I said both of them are at fault, but scwartz always gets off easy when it comes to them and that’s what I was pointing out. Katie isn’t innocent but Tom isn’t either.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but I thought Beau's dinosaur moment was a bit too much "look at me, look at me!"  (Knowing he would be filmed.)

Good point!  I forgot about that.  Around here we have a local 5K racer who shows up in the costume.  Funny 5K?  Yes.  PV?  Uh, no.

13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Because she's the one that has an issue with her husband but doesn't communicate with him like an adult and instead rage-texts him like a wangsty sixteen year old and then freezes him out when they land - in front of the entire group so everyone knows - and then yells with him on their hotel balcony for everyone to hear?

She also called him "Mr. Green Pants" if I recall correctly.  

tumblr_inline_o1j43mByOR1t1avls_250.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 5