Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: I Don't Like the Sound of Your Voice

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think James would benefit from joining Alcoholics Anonymous.  He would be able to meet and make friends with people who have his best interest at heart and whose mission is to stay sober, so he won’t be tempted to drink.  

James has no intention of permanently quitting alcohol. He doesn't believe he has a problem. I have to admit that when I was his age, no way would I want to quit alcohol completely. However, I would probably set a limit for my drinks if there were complaints. James will prove himself to be a bonafide alcoholic if he cannot stop at 4 drinks. That seems to be when he's fun. a jokester, and hasn't turned into the evil bastard.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, politichick said:

Tom has an awful lot of growing up to do and hopefully this will help him. There's no way Sandoval wouldn't put him in his place if he did anything to ruin this great opportunity. He's not as stupid as he pretends to be, ergo, cacophony, but he's been extremely unmotivated and hopefully this is the push into adulthood he needs. Katie better watch out. If he gets to grown up he may question his choice of a wife.

I can't help but think Tom Toms is going to be a huge confidence boost for Shwartz, whereas Katie's nastiness is focused on making sure he stays down, and doesn't get too uppity. I have felt (since Lisa introduced the TomToms idea) that Tom Shwartz's 'real' wife is going to waltz into his bar and the attraction will be instantaneous. She's going to show up within the next 18 months. Sad, but true, and she's going to think he's amazing, which will make him work even harder.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Just watched the After Show or maybe just a clip (on Youtube), but Arianna talking about the dynamic between Lisa and the rest of the cast: yikes! "no matter how hard we try to improve she always wants us under her thumb" or something close to that. That's... a LOT. 

It must be hard though, given that Ariana is a smart gal with clear goals. To have my boss always be so condescending, while chuckling at what her 'children' are up to, would send me over the edge. The Toms do have a vested interest in this site, however, I can't fault Lisa because those two NEED to be managed all the time. Swartz because his ADD has him all over the place, Sandoval because he doesn't know how to rein in, or streamline his BIG ideas. Often he initially refuses to bring it down a notch. This must drive Ariana nuts because she doesn't like being 'handled.'

• Love 5
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Schwartz is a dick.  He could have at least given Katie a pat on the shoulder when he was standing over her or something like that to just acknowledge her presence instead of outright ignoring her at TomTom.  I'm not saying he needed to stop what he was doing and have a conversation, but at least let her know that he sees that she's there and he's happy about it.  

On reflection, I think Tom was deliberately ignoring Katie at TomTom.  Maybe they've been fighting about something off screen that left him with no patience for her wanting his attention at the opening and he decided to ignore her.  Schwartz was just too consistent at schmoozing with everyone but Katie while not even managing to look at her or hear.  t.

9 hours ago, b2H said:

Here's the additional thing for me:  Katie complained to Tom about how, because he took the upgrade, they weren't sitting together and didn't spend quality time together for the flight duration.  How would that have worked out if he'd relinquished his upgrade to her?  She wouldn't have been sitting with him anyway.  This is a fine example of her irrational rage.  There was no way she wasn't going to be ticked off and angry about something.

She wanted the seat.  After the fact, she decided that wanting to spend time with him would play better to the audience and her position in the fight she was having with Schwartz.  

9 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Regarding upgrade-gate... how did Katie not know that Tom's seat had been randomly upgraded until she boarded the plane?  Was she not with her husband when they checked in or when they were boarding the plane? 

Upgrades don't occur randomly.  They are based on status through frequent flier programs.  I've never flown an airline where your standing in the upgrade line isn't tracked on a screen at the gate.  If it was "random", then I would think it was gate attendants picking their favorites for an upgrade.

Actually, if it was the gate attendants, they did manage to upgrade the two cast members likely to create the most drama over something as mundane as an airline upgrade.  Big marital spat Schwartz/ Katie.  And will Lala lose her mind over Schaena getting an upgrade when she's going coach instead of in a PJ. 

9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I was thoroughly amused by the Toms on the bike – I just kept thinking I was watching a scene from Dumb and Dumber, haha.

This one?  tenor.gif?itemid=3572729

10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Katie just seems very needy and very sad.  I don't know - one day, you're a waitress at a locally popular bar/restaurant, living off a small salary and hustling for tips.  A year or two later, you're a reality TV "celebrity", where people recognize you on the street, ask you for photos and selfies, and are pulling in a lot more money than you ever were before - what the fuck do you have to be needy and sad about? 

Your husband, who, also had no direction or career path now "owns" a percentage of a trendy bar/restaurant that has his NAME on it!!  Give me a break with the "you don't pay attention to me" bullshit!  Which would you rather?  To be in the same place you WERE or where you are now?  You bitched for years that Schwartz had no ambition, blah, blah, blah, and now, he's actually working and trying to make his way and you're still bitching?  So, he can't sit around the apartment cuddling and "bubba-ing" you 24/7, because he's trying to make a career, finally?  People grow, people mature and he's working for you both - it's called marriage - be supportive and be happy or move on!

When Katie first started complaining about Tom's schedule, I did a double take because she was describing married couples with jobs.

I think a large part of the problem is that Katie has nothing going on.  Not that I think Schwartz is actually doing anything with the bar; but I think he is using it as a way to get out of the house and Katie's pocket for as much time as possible,  If Katie had anything going on besides Schwartz and the TV show, it would be such a big deal for her.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I can't help but think Tom Toms is going to be a huge confidence boost for Shwartz, whereas Katie's nastiness is focused on making sure he stays down, and doesn't get too uppity. I have felt (since Lisa introduced the TomToms idea) that Tom Shwartz's 'real' wife is going to waltz into his bar and the attraction will be instantaneous. She's going to show up within the next 18 months. Sad, but true, and she's going to think he's amazing, which will make him work even harder.

That would be a straight crazy plot twist. It would basically transition this aging group into a 'real housewives'-esque type drama-reality show instead of the MTV-esque reality show they are still managing to pull off right now even though they are quickly aging out.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

When Katie first started complaining about Tom's schedule, I did a double take because she was describing married couples with jobs.

What a great insight.  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It would basically transition this aging group into a 'real housewives'-esque type drama-reality show instead of the MTV-esque reality show they are still managing to pull off right now even though they are quickly aging out.

Yep.  When I was Jax's age I was retiring from the USAF after having had a variety of responsible positions.  I think many of us watch these shows to confirm our life choices.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/26/2019 at 12:14 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Well honestly I’m not on either katie or Toms side, my whole take is that Tom gets to walk away and be the wounded bird.. because everyone let’s him! And yes katie is rude and insufferable but damn.. I wouldn’t want to be in any type of a relationship with Scwartz. It really is like trying to be an adult around someone who acts like a child constantly and again I have to say it’s because everyone let’s him! He’s always the victim. According to his boyfriend he is.

I feel like Tom likely is someone who pokes and pushes buttons in a low key way that most people don't realize or see, while Katie is someone who is just upfront with what is bothering her.  I'm that sort of person, if I have a problem I will either ignore it or I will come out with it and say this is the deal and it needs to be resolved.  I have a sibling, though, who is a master at screwing with people and just poking away.  When we were kids, it was little stuff, like when adults weren't looking, kicking or pinching and then when you'd go to hit back, they'd scream and say you hit them out of nowhere, even though you'd ignored the first 12 times they pinched you because you knew how this was going to go.  We're now adults and they still try to pull crap, not physical, but will say shit to needle you and then play the victim.  The choice is to ignore them, which amps the antics up or to just not have any involvement at all, which is what I do. 

I don't think Schwartz is like this all the time, but I think when he's arguing with Katie, he definitely gets his digs in.  He knows the buttons to push and he goes for them.  He knows that Katie will say something and he knows he'll come out looking like the long suffering good guy, because it's easy for him to provoke her into a complete rage and then he's such a good boyfriend/husband for putting up with her being such a bitch.  

22 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Oh, PS, Brittany - Maybe everyone heard something I didn't and please correct me if we got a real diagnosis last episode, but it sounded to me like the doctor was just telling Brittany she had acid reflux and her and Jax are making it sound like she has some life threatening illness! LOL I have acid reflux.. I had a massive ulcer at one point as a teenager (normally happens when you are older) that left about 50% of my stomach lining scarred and thinner than it should be. At 16 I was put on Pepcid (not OTC), a year later they changed it to Nexium max strength, and about two years after than they told me to start taking two a day of those 'one a day' pills.

Now I just live with it. ~shrug~ It hurts, it's uncomfortable, sometimes I down a few of the stomach acid pills, sometimes I drink a Coke, which makes you burp, and it's gross but burping makes you feel a LOT better when it flares up... Point is, having a drink isn't going to harm you at all, it's just not going to feel great if your stomach flares up. Eating spicy food - same. And according to the doctor who used to treat me as a teenager when all this was diagnosed, while spicy foods and the 'normal' list of things are most likely triggers for it, each body is different and for someone it can be sugar instead of spicy, or bread because bread expands in the stomach and can cause more acid to be produced to break it down, or any other thing we consume just dependent on the individual's system and what affects it.

So yeah, Brittaany's fine, and her drinking is fine, and while they are trying to create a dramatic subplot here, it seriously sounded like just plain ol' acid reflux to me.

I'm not a big drinker but a while back I went on vacation and had unlimited alcohol, so I tried a bunch of different drinks.  And I drank more than normal (and by normal I mean like a drink once a month or so, I generally only drink when I'm out to eat or on vacation), drink with lunch, drinks in the afternoon, meet up with the friends we were traveling with for drinks before dinner, cocktail before dinner, drink after dinner.  Not drunk, just a nice buzz the whole time.  Two days into the trip I started waking up at night coughing and couldn't figure out why, I thought I'd gotten sick, I thought I must be allergic to something in the room, etc.  It kept getting worse.  Nope, it was reflux from suddenly increasing my alcohol consumption a ton.  I still have issues with it years later, if I'm not careful with what I eat (or drink!), and I can't believe Brittany couldn't cut out alcohol for 2 weeks to see if it helped!

14 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

My husband, who is not a watcher of this show but knows a few of their names, asked if Stassi had a boob job when he saw her in the green TH dress. He was shocked when I said she had actually had a reduction.

They usually do a pretty big lift when you get a reduction, so it's not crazy to think it looks like she got a boob job.  You can go from having bigger, saggy boobs to smaller but perkier ones.  I miss Dr 90210.  

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, smores said:

I feel like Tom likely is someone who pokes and pushes buttons in a low key way that most people don't realize or see, while Katie is someone who is just upfront with what is bothering her.  I'm that sort of person, if I have a problem I will either ignore it or I will come out with it and say this is the deal and it needs to be resolved.  I have a sibling, though, who is a master at screwing with people and just poking away.  When we were kids, it was little stuff, like when adults weren't looking, kicking or pinching and then when you'd go to hit back, they'd scream and say you hit them out of nowhere, even though you'd ignored the first 12 times they pinched you because you knew how this was going to go.  We're now adults and they still try to pull crap, not physical, but will say shit to needle you and then play the victim.  The choice is to ignore them, which amps the antics up or to just not have any involvement at all, which is what I do. 

I don't think Schwartz is like this all the time, but I think when he's arguing with Katie, he definitely gets his digs in.  He knows the buttons to push and he goes for them.  He knows that Katie will say something and he knows he'll come out looking like the long suffering good guy, because it's easy for him to provoke her into a complete rage and then he's such a good boyfriend/husband for putting up with her being such a bitch.  

I'm not a big drinker but a while back I went on vacation and had unlimited alcohol, so I tried a bunch of different drinks.  And I drank more than normal (and by normal I mean like a drink once a month or so, I generally only drink when I'm out to eat or on vacation), drink with lunch, drinks in the afternoon, meet up with the friends we were traveling with for drinks before dinner, cocktail before dinner, drink after dinner.  Not drunk, just a nice buzz the whole time.  Two days into the trip I started waking up at night coughing and couldn't figure out why, I thought I'd gotten sick, I thought I must be allergic to something in the room, etc.  It kept getting worse.  Nope, it was reflux from suddenly increasing my alcohol consumption a ton.  I still have issues with it years later, if I'm not careful with what I eat (or drink!), and I can't believe Brittany couldn't cut out alcohol for 2 weeks to see if it helped!

They usually do a pretty big lift when you get a reduction, so it's not crazy to think it looks like she got a boob job.  You can go from having bigger, saggy boobs to smaller but perkier ones.  I miss Dr 90210.  

Ah yes on the Tom stuff, I completely agree. I think Katie maybe has been trying to ignore it and it’s been bottled up for some time now. As she said Tom has been all about Tom Tom for a while now and she has let it go. And yeah the seat change is a little thing but she wanted to spend some time with her on the plane and yes this is a little thing but it’s the last little thing that just sent her over the edge. Not to mention that Toms easy insult excuse to her is the drinking thing. That’s rude and uncalled for. And again proves my point that Scwartz can’t deal with any confrontation and that’s why I think it seems like katie is just a bitch but a lot of the time I think she’s holding stuff in because she knows she can’t talk to her husband because he can’t have a conversation and he always gets to be the nice innocent one. And again it’s also because the people in their friend group allow this to go down. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I probably felt the same way as you prior to Gayle King's interview of R Kelly. Now I just want someone to Gayle King Lala.

"Lauren. Lauren. You grew up in an upper middle class suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah. A suburb whose population had only 1% Black individuals. Lauren, you registered to vote as a Republican 1 month before the historic election of Barack Obama in 2008. However, you claim a great affinity to the rapper Tupac from very early in your life. Can you explain the seeming contradiction Lauren?"

There's a 50% chance you get an R. Kelly reaction where Lala victimizes herself to distract from being called out as a huge ass phony and there's a 50% chance that she'll distract from answering the question by doing her best thug life impersonation on you and hope she's scared you into silence.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Schwartz is a dick.  He could have at least given Katie a pat on the shoulder when he was standing over her or something like that to just acknowledge her presence instead of outright ignoring her at TomTom.  I'm not saying he needed to stop what he was doing and have a conversation, but at least let her know that he sees that she's there and he's happy about it. 

Agree; as the GF of a performer, there is sometimes a bit of this issue. And I get it--I live with the guy, while these other people do not and sometimes people want to request a song or buy him a drink (or compliment him, and there's no way he's ignoring that!). Or friends want to hi because they haven't seen him in a while. While I know he's working and I don't expect him to rush to my side at some venue and fawn all over me (though he did exactly that when we started out, haha!), I think he should make a point to treat me a bit differently than all the other people he talks with when he's off stage or even just make sure he's got a few seconds to spare for his GF (especially on the few occasions when I am the solitary "band wife" at a bar because I braved the gig without a buddy or two!). Tom could have, say, asked Katie to come with him to do a little proud peacock walk around the place greeting people and whatever he was doing (rehearsing toilet paper replacement?); maybe she'd have said "no thanks" but still appreciated it?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14
On 3/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, rideashire said:

I feel bad for Scheana. It's obvious that she's desperate for a connection with someone and for actual affection and she goes about finding it in all the wrong ways. Every guy she's with seems annoyed by her. Yeah, she brings it on herself but it's still sad.

Of course Tom forgot to put gas in the bike.

Schwartz is a Golden Retriever in human form. When he was saying he loves gloves and goggles all I could think of is a dog that's over excited to do literally anything no matter how mundane.

Wow, you just made me feel really bad for Scheana. There must be something about her that makes men and women pull away from her.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, ghoulina said:

"You got me gloves? I love gloves. You got me goggles? I love goggles." Damn. Sandoval made his biggest grand gesture ever....and then had to push it to a gas station. And still, I wonder if Ariana is jealous?

I thought it was super sweet that Sandoval actually had a "Bubba" helmet made for Katie. Not that she deserves it. 

I'm over her. She spent years complaining that Schwartz had no gumption. Now he's doing some serious work and she's unhappy with THAT. 

I get being a bit miffed about the flight situation; but she is going to ruin everyone's fucking trip over it. Including her own. And I don't believe, for one minute, that Katie would give up first class for Tom.

I needed less Bubba fighting and more Sandoval packing. That hat box???? 

Also, I'd like a spin off of Jax bitching about wedding costs. I can't help it. He cracks me up. 

Completely agree, Jax bitching about wedding costs is hilarious.

re Sandoval, I can’t stomach the guy, he’s a whiny try hard. All this artifice with the packing a drink mixing kit, hat box, it’s just an annoying shtick. If Ariana had some confidence she would dump him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BlondeAmbition said:

Completely agree, Jax bitching about wedding costs is hilarious.

re Sandoval, I can’t stomach the guy, he’s a whiny try hard. All this artifice with the packing a drink mixing kit, hat box, it’s just an annoying shtick. If Ariana had some confidence she would dump him.

Gotta love his “stocking cap” do-rag, tho.

Reminds me of my dad.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Upgrades don't occur randomly.  They are based on status through frequent flier programs.  I've never flown an airline where your standing in the upgrade line isn't tracked on a screen at the gate.  If it was "random", then I would think it was gate attendants picking their favorites for an upgrade.

Actually, if it was the gate attendants, they did manage to upgrade the two cast members likely to create the most drama over something as mundane as an airline upgrade.  Big marital spat Schwartz/ Katie.  And will Lala lose her mind over Schaena getting an upgrade when she's going coach instead of in a PJ. 

No one would pick Scheana as a “favorite.”

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

How romantic! (I obviously don't like Katie!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I seem to recall when there was a group trip last season, she apparently was bombarding Rob with texts, phone calls, wanting to Facetime, etc. 

IIRC, he ended up pretty much telling her to leave him the fuck alone while she was on vacation and told her to go hang out with her friends.  

That's our Schaena Marie, definitely a Stage 5 clinger.  

Adam already saw it coming. He said he was going to block her on social media! Scheana has no chill. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My poor black heart is broken--there is barely anyone to root against anymore!

Don't get me wrong--I hate the vast majority of these people--but I don't hate-watch the way I hate-watched Scheana and Robbbbb last year.

Totally Team Katie in Tom vs. Katie--it's not so much the airplane as it was him ignoring Katie at the opening of TomTom when she clearly wanted attention.  But she is odious too, so who really cares at the end of the day?  I do like their fighting in big words.  I tend to revert to big words in argument when I am normally like, "hey, girl, hey!!"  

I didn't see what the big deal with Britteny's drinking was.  I was thinking, well, if she has an ulcer, wouldn't the alcohol keep it sterile?  Yeah, I'm not due to get my MD in 2019...but really, Jax can miss me with the faux concern, unless he is willing to put down the booze too.  I have always thought that one part of a couple should not expect their significant other to stop drinking unless they are willing to abstain too.  My dad stopped drinking when my mom was pregnant.  If it's not a big deal...why not?

I also think the gender trope of "woman spends all of man's money / man sweats bullets" is no longer funny.  Actually, I'm not sure I ever found it particularly titillating.  

Why do Stassi breasts seems uneven if she already had cosmetic surgery on them?  So glad to see that some are tiring of Beau the way that I tired of him upon becoming acquainted with his character.

I will probably watch this show until it's cancelled, let's face it--but I will think about giving it up if they don't pare down Lisa's role next season.  I can't stand her.  I can't stand Kristen sucking up to her.  I can't stand her bringing employees (Lala, Scheana) into an impromptu employee meeting when they are out on a social occasion.  I'm sick of James going to Villa Rosa, ostensibly to hang out with Max, only for Lisa to call the boys to tea, so that she can interrogate James.  How old are they, six?

But what really took the cake for me was when everyone was gathering outside the front of TomTom to see the Toms pull up and Lisa goes, "I'm the one who is supposed to be making the grand entrance."  Ugh, the woman canNOT help herself.  They are 20+ years your junior, it's their first big thing, their name is on the sign, but you, being you, revert to juvenile, "what about meeeees"?  Is this the world we live in? Lol

At this point, by process of elimination, my favorite character is Ariana.  In what world???

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Beau's tattoos, what the hell? Awful.

21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I probably felt the same way as you prior to Gayle King's interview of R Kelly. Now I just want someone to Gayle King Lala.

"Lauren. Lauren. You grew up in an upper middle class suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah. A suburb whose population had only 1% Black individuals. Lauren, you registered to vote as a Republican 1 month before the historic election of Barack Obama in 2008. However, you claim a great affinity to the rapper Tupac from very early in your life. Can you explain the seeming contradiction Lauren?"

LaLa: "Blk Elviz is my homie and I ate Hayes Pullard's asshole, you twat!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Adam already saw it coming. He said he was going to block her on social media! Scheana has no chill. 

Right?

Apparently both Rob and now Adam have decided dealing with Scheana-igans is not worth any amount of camera time and exposure.

41 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I can't stand Kristen sucking up to her.  

I tell myself that Kristen just does this to piss off The Queen.

She knows Lisa despises her yet she brings ratings, so Lisa was stuck with her being on the show even though Lisa fired her ages ago.

I hope Kristen grabs her, hugs her, and gives her ridiculous air kisses every single time she sees her in public, just because it would repulse The Queen.   

Bonus points if Kristen makes them inappropriately long and extra squishy hugs a la Eden Sassoon.  😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I completely forgot to add what I wanted to about the plane seat.  LOL! When that scene aired I looked at my husband and was like is this that hard? If both of us were on the flight together and were with single friends (like Lala or Kristen, who was without Carter), we'd say, here, you take it and then sit together.  Problem solved.  To me the issue was that they didn't even talk about it, Katie found out that they weren't sitting together when she was passing him on the plane and he was all "Hey look! I got an upgrade!" That seemed strange, I'm not sure why they weren't together prior to boarding, but whatever.  I'm totally capable of sitting without my husband, as he is without me, but we generally prefer to sit together and in a case like this either one of us would have handed off the upgrade.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

My poor black heart is broken--there is barely anyone to root against anymore!

Don't get me wrong--I hate the vast majority of these people--but I don't hate-watch the way I hate-watched Scheana and Robbbbb last year.

Totally Team Katie in Tom vs. Katie--it's not so much the airplane as it was him ignoring Katie at the opening of TomTom when she clearly wanted attention.  But she is odious too, so who really cares at the end of the day?  I do like their fighting in big words.  I tend to revert to big words in argument when I am normally like, "hey, girl, hey!!"  

I didn't see what the big deal with Britteny's drinking was.  I was thinking, well, if she has an ulcer, wouldn't the alcohol keep it sterile?  Yeah, I'm not due to get my MD in 2019...but really, Jax can miss me with the faux concern, unless he is willing to put down the booze too.  I have always thought that one part of a couple should not expect their significant other to stop drinking unless they are willing to abstain too.  My dad stopped drinking when my mom was pregnant.  If it's not a big deal...why not?

I also think the gender trope of "woman spends all of man's money / man sweats bullets" is no longer funny.  Actually, I'm not sure I ever found it particularly titillating.  

Why do Stassi breasts seems uneven if she already had cosmetic surgery on them?  So glad to see that some are tiring of Beau the way that I tired of him upon becoming acquainted with his character.

I will probably watch this show until it's cancelled, let's face it--but I will think about giving it up if they don't pare down Lisa's role next season.  I can't stand her.  I can't stand Kristen sucking up to her.  I can't stand her bringing employees (Lala, Scheana) into an impromptu employee meeting when they are out on a social occasion.  I'm sick of James going to Villa Rosa, ostensibly to hang out with Max, only for Lisa to call the boys to tea, so that she can interrogate James.  How old are they, six?

But what really took the cake for me was when everyone was gathering outside the front of TomTom to see the Toms pull up and Lisa goes, "I'm the one who is supposed to be making the grand entrance."  Ugh, the woman canNOT help herself.  They are 20+ years your junior, it's their first big thing, their name is on the sign, but you, being you, revert to juvenile, "what about meeeees"?  Is this the world we live in? Lol

At this point, by process of elimination, my favorite character is Ariana.  In what world???

I'm pretty sure Lisa was joking as she also said that the grand entrance was one of the reasons she wanted to partner with them and she loved it.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

She wanted the seat.  After the fact, she decided that wanting to spend time with him would play better to the audience and her position in the fight she was having with Schwartz.  

Of course, if Tom gave up the seat to her, no doubt her next order of business would have been to nag Scheana to give up HER seat so that Tom could be up there with her in first class.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

There's a 50% chance you get an R. Kelly reaction where Lala victimizes herself to distract from being called out as a huge ass phony and there's a 50% chance that she'll distract from answering the question by doing her best thug life impersonation on you and hope she's scared you into silence.

4 hours ago, gritz said:

LaLa: "Blk Elviz is my homie and I ate Hayes Pullard's asshole, you twat!"

Given Lala's responses when Jennifer Lawrence called Lala a c***, which was absolutely beyond rude, I suspect your prediction is correct @RHJunkie.

Lala either tweeted and said the following in response:

"Did Jennifer Lawrence really call me a 'c--t' on @bravowwhl? Annnnnd talk about my mama? Bitch, you better pray I don't see you in the streets. You're one of the highest paid actresses on the planet...you claim you are pro-women and you call another woman a c--t? You're gross."

"Congrats on two bombed movies in a row."

“Yeah, I think she’s that type of chick [to trade sex with Harvey Weinstein for a role].”

"Well, here’s the thing, now anytime you bring her up, like, I’m going to have nothing nice to say about her. I’m going say that she sucked everyone’s d**ks to get to where she is, I’m going to say that her hair sucks, her face is a little too pudgy like she needs to stop the drinking, you know? I said it, you don’t have to worry.”

The last two are rich coming from Lala who has basically admitted that this is the dynamic between Rand and herself. It's also ironic that Lala's insults devolved into slut and fat shaming during her "feminist" season.

It's funny because she actually did give one good adult response. She said, "the thing is, no one wants to be called the c-word, especially by an A-list celebrity on national television. I was such a huge fan of hers and it bummed me out. I thought that she had a little more class than that. You know, let’s leave the trash to people like me who do reality TV. Don’t try to steal my thunder, girlfriend!” Of course, she couldn't leave well enough alone and started running her mouth and said those things in the above quote box. She only stopped when her manager threatened to dump her as a client in 24 hours if Lala didn't stop. 

Between Hayes and Rand, I'm starting to think that the ass play is Lala's kink and not the guys she's been with.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I'm pretty sure Lisa was joking 

I don't doubt that she said it in a way that was supposed to come across as joking or jokey, but...where is the joke?  Doesn't a joke need to have some type of irony or surprise meaning?

There's no irony, because Lisa did make a grand entrance, just not an entrance as grands as the Toms'.  

What I suspect was that it was a knee-jerk reaction against the Toms upstaging her that was delivered in a "socially acceptable" way.

It's as if I had a niece graduating from college, the bulk of whom's tuition I had paid, and as she was getting ready to walk in her cap and gown, I said to her parents, "hey, shouldn't I be the one walking?"  It's inappropriate, attention-seeking, not at all funny, and displacing the subject matter away from the person who deserves the accolades.  My niece can thank me later, privately, or not at all.  It's not about me at that moment, and that's what Lisa fails to realize.

It's also classless and tacky, but I generally find Lisa classless and tacky, as well as petty.  Why is she so invested in the gossip of people her kids' age?  If my mom did this for love or money I would be very embarrassed and I would beg her to stop. I'd also beg her to put the cleavage away. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Given Lala's responses when Jennifer Lawrence called Lala a c***, which was absolutely beyond rude, I suspect your prediction is correct @RHJunkie.

The last two are rich coming from Lala who has basically admitted that this is the dynamic between Rand and herself. It's also ironic that Lala's insults devolved into slut and fat shaming during her "feminist" season.

It's funny because she actually did give one good adult response. She said, "the thing is, no one wants to be called the c-word, especially by an A-list celebrity on national television. I was such a huge fan of hers and it bummed me out. I thought that she had a little more class than that. You know, let’s leave the trash to people like me who do reality TV. Don’t try to steal my thunder, girlfriend!” Of course, she couldn't leave well enough alone and started running her mouth and said those things in the above quote box. She only stopped when her manager threatened to dump her as a client in 24 hours if Lala didn't stop. 

Between Hayes and Rand, I'm starting to think that the ass play is Lala's kink and not the guys she's been with.

I’m puzzled. I read an article that stated Lala made the Weinstein remark about Jennifer Lawrence. Then JL responded by calling Lala a c- -t.  Was Lala rude first?

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

There's no irony, because Lisa did make a grand entrance, just not an entrance as grands as the Toms'.  

She arrived how she arrives most times that she she shows up at any of her business establishments and was there before most of the guests probably because someone didn’t forget to put gas in her car.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m puzzled. I read an article that stated Lala made the Weinstein remark about Jennifer Lawrence. Then JL responded by calling Lala a c- -t.  Was Lala rude first?

Nope. Lawrence was rude first. Lawrence called Lala a c*** around March 1st. Lala made the Weinstein comment about March 20th. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Nope. Lawrence was rude first. Lawrence called Lala a c*** around March 1st. Lala made the Weinstein comment about March 20th. 

Wow! I’m surprised. A-list Academy award winner insulting a reality TV show cast member. Doesn’t seem necessary. 

And JL loves VPR, no?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow! I’m surprised. A-list Academy award winner insulting a reality TV show cast member. Doesn’t seem necessary. 

And JL loves VPR, no?

She was on WWHL discussing her love of VPR when she said it.

Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

And JL loves VPR, no?

She's a big fan of the show. She's made comments about the cast just like us. The real problem is that JLaw doesn't realize she's punching down and should have been a little bit more diplomatic in her comments. She's talked about how Jax is the worst, Scheana's narcissism, and the rest of the cast. She was mostly talking about Vanderpump Rules on that episode so it's not like her comment came out of nowhere.

• Love 4

FI Tom: My name is in lights!

Me: Your first initial is in lights. The rest of the sign doesn’t even light up. 

(The lighting on the TT sign is weird, IMO. Maybe it looks better in person?)

On 3/26/2019 at 4:00 AM, Mazzy said:

BTW, that past clip they threw in of him pouring a drink on her - in that clip, right before that drink is poured on her head, Schwartz's words: "You're a bully, Katie!" Yeah, she is!!

Katie might sometimes be a bully, but she certainly isn’t bullying Schwartz. I think you lose the moral high ground when you dump a drink on someone’s head. I also think you don’t get to act like a victim when you’re blackout drunk, banging other girls in Vegas (or wherever). I’m over this narrative (that Sandoval and others like to promulgate) that Schwartz is some innocent, “battered wife” or a guileless golden retriever. Katie and Schwartz both suck and the most disturbing thing is that Schwartz said on WWHL they’re very close to trying to start a family. I hope that’s not true because I would hate to see a child brought into that dysfunctional mess.

I do totally think production paid for the seat upgrades to try and incite more drama.

Re: James and drinking. On WWHL last week, he didn’t seem to be drinking and his personality was very muted (it was a completely boring episode between subdued James and some dumb woman from “Summer House”). But, when he was on WWHL earlier in the season, he was openly drinking. I don’t like James in the slightest, but I do hope he gets help and works toward actual sobriety (and not just pretend sobriety for Lisa).

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I feel the exact same way about Lisa.  Wouldn't miss her at all on this show.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

FI Tom: My name is in lights!

Me: Your first initial is in lights. The rest of the sign doesn’t even light up. 

Katie might sometimes be a bully, but she certainly isn’t bullying Schwartz. I think you lose the moral high ground when you dump a drink on someone’s head. I also think you don’t get to act like a victim when you’re blackout drunk, banging other girls in Vegas (or wherever). I’m over this narrative (that Sandoval and others like to promulgate) that Schwartz is some innocent, “battered wife” or a guileless golden retriever. Katie and Schwartz both suck and the most disturbing thing is that Schwartz said on WWHL they’re very close to trying to start a family. I hope that’s not true because I would hate to see a child brought into that dysfunctional mess.

I do totally think production paid for the seat upgrades to try and incite more drama.

Re: James and drinking. On WWHL last week, he didn’t seem to be drinking and his personality was very muted (it was a completely boring episode between subdued James and some dumb woman from “Summer House”). But, when he was on WWHL earlier in the season, he was openly drinking. I don’t like James in the slightest, but I do hope he gets help and works toward actual sobriety (and not just pretend sobriety for Lisa).

Do the Toms have a right to use the bar logo? Sandoval had the helmets customized with Dumplin’ and Bubba, but TomTom on the helmets/motorcycle looked very different from the TomTom appearances at the bar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

As I've said before, Lala is just like James except that James usually needs a couple of drinks in him to get THAT nasty towards other people (though he's fully capable of being a bratty, entitled idiot when sober). Lala just needs to get angry (no alcohol necessary) and she goes for the jugular and yet she thinks she's above other people, especially James. She hasn't changed. She's still the same angry, faux thug bitch she was in the past, the only difference is that the people who were shaming her in the past are now her friends that she takes on private jets so they ignore her behaviour because they aren't the target of it while demonizing James because he's not kissing their ass. The entire lot of them try to make it seem like it's about right and wrong but the reality is that they're all about what's convenient and beneficial to them. Being right is only a lucky coincidence for this lot of idiots. The saddest part is that this lot is mostly in or close to their 30s. None of them can use the excuse of simply being young and stupid.

• Love 6

The Katie/Schwartz argument really struck home with me. It reminded me of a rough patch in my own marriage.

First - I think Katie needs some more therapy. And I think they need regular marriage counseling, but someone who doesn't fall for Schwartz's golden retriever act. The posters above nailed it with that, and his wounded bird. Ariana is starting to see through the act when her boyfriend is getting blame for something Schwartz also instigated.  I'm not a Katie fan, but I still want to see people in general happy and healthy.

But Schwartz is an ass. He really is. He should look at his buddy, Tom Sandoval, and how he is involving Ariana. He took her to pick up the surprise, and involved her in the plan. He ditched his meeting to be with her (not that is a good thing, but it probably made her feel special). He even made Katie a helmet - I think he acknowledges that having love and support from your significant other can help to elevate your success, and they are making sacrifices too for you to achieve your dream. It as a small, but meaningful gesture.

And, at the opening night, when they walked into the back room, he immediately put his arms around Ariana, even if he was talking to other people. It is as someone said, make your significant other just feel a little more special than everyone else. 

Schwartz did walk over to Katie, but didn't acknowledge her. If he had given her a tiny hug, or just had his hand on her shoulder, or even just held her hand, it would have made her feel better. If he took her aside and showed her the bar and said something like "thanks for your support so we can achieve this" she probably would have felt pretty damn good. She was excited for him, and wanted to share that with him, and he didn't give her a chance at all.

I have more to add, but this post is already so long! Ha, this is almost cathartic!

• Love 20

SeatGate - Mr. DC and I would have flipped a coin for it and congratulated the lucky one. Though pissed off we weren’t the winner the entire plane ride.

I’m also curious how much the Tom’s are actually currently involved with the day to day running of TomTom. Schwartz seems to have a very short attention span and Sandoval doesn’t seem suited to the mundane tasks of actually running a restaurant/bar. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
ETA - neither of us would have sent “rage” texts or pay for WiFi on that short of a flight.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

I am sure that everyone who thinks Tom is at fault with Katie and brings it on himself with his immature behavior are right on the money.

Look at what he made her do.

Katie is responsible for her own actions. She really might benefit from therapy.

Tom is at fault for his actions. I think what people are saying is that he also contributes to their problems and fights. But he does it in a way that the majority of the blame falls on Katie, or the other people involved. He instigates just as much, he is just as rude, and he is just as angry. He is not an innocent battered spouse with no support and no out. 

• Love 9

If Tom were smart he would look for a way out.

Tequila Katie is toxic brew of entitlement and alcohol and he can do a lot better. Most of these relationship are based on their being on the show. His spot is solid now. He isn't here because he is Katie's boyfriend anymore. So he can cut her loose.

A single Katie would be a great plot move for next season. Tom can be king of the bar and take his pick of women. Why be tied to this angry sad sack. He can even marry his one true love.

Flatiron Tom.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2019 at 9:09 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Tom, Tom . . . Honey! Honey! Honey! . . . Tom! Tom! Bubba!”

Katie is like a toddler.

She and Scheana are so clingy with their guys. 

Yes...to this....

Honey honey..bubba bubba BS....

Katie...

you Katie...quit your botchin and moaning!!! He’s not doing enough?... now he’s doing what it takes...which takes TIME...

OKAY...I get it “now that you’re opening Tom...maybe we can get to have more time together” 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?...

Were you seriously talking about the night OF SAID OPENING?

Good lawd....you were the FIRST to be acknowledged when bike showed up....being included in the highlight of the night....before partner Lisa....which is fine and appropriate...there was presentation of your very own helmet to share the arguably the greatest filmed scene of VPR...(albeit T. Sandy planned that part and was thoughtful enough to get you the helmet)

Listen... your man is more timid than Tom1...lacks the (organic) swag....he’s nervous AF trying to not shyte his pants with a panic attack ( if “Pump” opening set him off...imagine how he was threading the needle in this sitch)

so you’re going to mouse around whisper/hollering “Honey-Bubba”?...

WTF...trying to set him up to fail so you can get pussed?

let the guy restock the women’s bathroom with toilet paper for Gawd sakes! It needs it....

you shyte...or get off the pot...

at least he’s going to make sure you have TP if you do!!!

enjoy the good ride for a minute...

Geeez..!!!

• Love 2
On 3/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, Mazzy said:

Said it before, say it again: Katie always needs to have someone to hate. Right now James isn't around, Kristin's BF isn't around, and she's now friends with Lala so that only leaves Schwartz to turn her constant hate-fire on to.

As for the TomTom opening, Katie seemed pretty obnoxious and Tom seemed pretty busy. We have no idea if at any point he DID acknowledge her and tell her 'Bubba I'm real busy right now', but the editing we get suggests he just ignored her. He didn't need to play it like that for sure and that is his fault, but she didn't need to make HIS night all about herself either. They were both dicks in their own ways here.

As for the flight, I don't know how long it's been since some people have been on flights; and it's been a long time for me too - less than a decade but more than a couple years for sure - but you can't just go switching seats anymore so that's one very practical issue with Katie's nonsense. So while it may not have been super chivalrous of Tom to take the upgrade and not sit with his wife, if a grown woman can't sit for 3 hours without a man without absolutely losing her mind then that woman has issues. She rage-texted for three full hours?!! WTF! What are you, 16?! And she seemed pretty wasted in the hotel lobby, so she not only rage-texted for three hours, she binge-drank like a kid at a high school party for three hours.

To top it all off, NOW Tom isn't busy opening his incredibly busy bar, and is RIGHT THERE for them to spend time together in this beautiful place but since Katie hates everything in her life and needs to project her hate-fire before it consumes her, Tom is the nearest and only target around and here we go for a terrible vacation. BTW, that past clip they threw in of him pouring a drink on her - in that clip, right before that drink is poured on her head, Schwartz's words: "You're a bully, Katie!" Yeah, she is!!

Yup...

okay if Katie was pissed because Schwartz was randomly upgraded..

i get it..especially if she was trending toward “Tequila Katie”...

what is totally $hitty is for Katie to have the intent and focus to take nearly 3 hours to rage text constantly....that’s an anger....debauchery (or both) on a different level. Katie was just looking for an opportunity to be mad.

MAD IS HER ‘M.O.”.... when she’s not getting enough attention (at the exact time she expects it)...

she cannot stand the thought of her baby man Schwartz possibly growing out of his ‘baby’ stage a bit...so she needs to “pull in the reigns” (as it were)... to keep him on track.

me thinks his confidence is gaining...little by little...

There might be a day when T.Schwa....might turn around and say

“FO Katie! You held it over my head those first seasons when you were cast member but I couldn’t cut it....speaking of cutting...you’ve been busting my balls for years..

“guess what Katie? You’re no longer the “shiny thing” that gets my attention! Guess what Katie!!! I’m shiny too!!!...deal with it WEHO!”

I feel sad/bad for what she went through...but nuff is enuff 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, nenya said:

The Katie/Schwartz argument really struck home with me. It reminded me of a rough patch in my own marriage.

First - I think Katie needs some more therapy. And I think they need regular marriage counseling, but someone who doesn't fall for Schwartz's golden retriever act. The posters above nailed it with that, and his wounded bird. Ariana is starting to see through the act when her boyfriend is getting blame for something Schwartz also instigated.  I'm not a Katie fan, but I still want to see people in general happy and healthy.

But Schwartz is an ass. He really is. He should look at his buddy, Tom Sandoval, and how he is involving Ariana. He took her to pick up the surprise, and involved her in the plan. He ditched his meeting to be with her (not that is a good thing, but it probably made her feel special). He even made Katie a helmet - I think he acknowledges that having love and support from your significant other can help to elevate your success, and they are making sacrifices too for you to achieve your dream. It as a small, but meaningful gesture.

And, at the opening night, when they walked into the back room, he immediately put his arms around Ariana, even if he was talking to other people. It is as someone said, make your significant other just feel a little more special than everyone else. 

Schwartz did walk over to Katie, but didn't acknowledge her. If he had given her a tiny hug, or just had his hand on her shoulder, or even just held her hand, it would have made her feel better. If he took her aside and showed her the bar and said something like "thanks for your support so we can achieve this" she probably would have felt pretty damn good. She was excited for him, and wanted to share that with him, and he didn't give her a chance at all.

I have more to add, but this post is already so long! Ha, this is almost cathartic!

They definitely need marriage counseling. Most certainly need it. They don't know how to communicate with one another and they don't seem that affectionate with one another either. All of the things that you said Schwartz should have done is nothing we've seen Katie do with him either. The problem between the two of them is that they have expectations of the kind of support they want from one another but they don't communicate those expectations and most importantly, for all the wants they have from one another, they aren't setting an example themselves. Katie wants affection but she's not affectionate. She wants attention but she doesn't seem attentive either. Schwartz wants to reasonably discuss their issues but he immediately goes for trigger buttons. They're both fucked up. It's not reasonable to demand something from someone that you aren't willing or able to give yourself and so far, all we've seen is Katie making the demands in their relationships of what Schwartz needs to be but she isn't any of those things herself.

Schwartz and Katie had a whole scene together before the party where they had a talk. Why interrupt and try to get his attention while he's making the rounds and taking in the congratulations he's worked for? It's his night so wait for a moment to pull him aside. These two knew what they had in one another and they still decided to get married...instead of working on ways to adjust to one another and build positive and healthy understanding in their relationship, they hold it against each other. Schwartz had said that for the plane, he had first said no to trading spots with her but it was a joke because he expected them to banter about it. When she just walked away, he went and offered the seat to her and she said no because she was already pissed at him so she decided to stay where she was and then rage texted him for 2.5 hours about it. Schwartz doesn't care about anything enough to hold on to it, stew on it and make himself genuinely angry over it. That's his personality. Getting angry that he's not behaving opposite to the way you've known him to act isn't a reasonable expectation. And same for Schwartz, he knows how Katie behaves and constantly poking at her and saying shit he knows will push her buttons isn't going to miraculously yield a different result. At the end of the day, the personalities we see on TV just don't seem compatible to me.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, MrsWitter said:

It doesn't.  I thought it was broken and since the place was only a few months old I wondered how janky it was to already be broken.  I was just driving/sitting in traffic though, so maybe it looks better if you get out of your car.

• Love 4
On 3/25/2019 at 10:09 PM, dosodog said:

Beauzilla.  I love him.  I want him for my very own.  You're lucky Stassi that I'm old.  And he's trustworthy.  Wait.  He's more than trustworthy. 

Haven’t read all the comments yet but regardless am pretty sure I’m all alone in this, but I don’t really like Beau.  I know he’s apparently trustworthy and loves Stassi for herself, which is what matters.  And different people obviously are attracted to different things.  But he’s way too twee for me,  with the bow tie and hair and shaggy dog behavior... and he’s way too camera hoggy for a brand new cast member.  Why does he get all these TH?  The dinosaur thing, ok, not my thing but it makes Stassi happy, I get it.  But it feels to me like he’s playing a character.  I can’t shake the feeling this big old “lovable teddy bear” was just looking for a way to be on camera, and single-looking-for-a-decent-guy Stassi was his ticket. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/26/2019 at 12:56 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Even though I’m a big Beau/Stassi fan, the dinosaur suit was obviously staged for easy extra screen-time. Such an overly cutesy “look how goshdarned *quirky* we are!!!” twee sorta scene, but that’s candid reality TV for you.

Literally left such a similar comment earlier, hadn't read the comments yet, just reading them now...even used the same word twee!   Great minds thinking alike, @Sun-Bun. And yes I feel the same, you’re right quirky is a perfect definition as well, he is just too over the top while making sure he’s getting screen time...But in my case, it prevents me from being a fan.  I feel he might be using Stassi to get on the show

• Love 2