Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Aaron's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I think the older he gets, the less patience he has for all the lying and whining.

I feel that way myself.

So his dad grounded him when he got out of line.   Cry me a river.

I think there is only one chair in Lola's office that will hold an obese person.  Cracks me up every time she tells someone to pick a spot to sit.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

What up, Pounders?!  I'm actually here for the very beginning!  My eating habit was roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  Not very healthy, but I didn't eat much of it.  Will probably have some "healthy" cookies and hot tea later.

Is there an Envy emoji?? I’m about to eat a salad but I’m the spirit of the show, I’ll add cheese, croutons, and a good glug of dressing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AnnaBaptist said:

New Braunfels looks beautiful. I tend to think of Texas as being mostly flat and brown, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Omg, the greatest state in the nation is anything but that! We have all types of geography! The hill country is gorgeous! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

What" TLC didn't offer Jazz another series? I was so looking forward to "My Fabulous Pretty Little Vagina."

Don't give them any ideas. lol

I thought Dad wasn't going to buy peanut butter anymore.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Uuuugghh said:

Omg, the greatest state in the nation is anything but that! We have all types of geography! The hill country is gorgeous! 

Yep. I grew up in Houston, left the state a long time ago, but if I ever lived in Texas again it would be in the Hill Country. 

Gee, that plate he just made for dad: grapes (they keep showing up), peanut butter AND banana sandwich, giant glass of orange juice, NOT diabetic friendly.

BTW, Lola did he mentioned that dad had a heart attack and may not need any added stress right now.

• Love 7

I wish Daddy would get some dentures that fit, and keep that damned tongue in his mouth.   

I suspect that if there was bullying at school, it wasn't the other kids doing it.   

He was targeting his dad, and pretty much blaming him for everything that went wrong in his life.    

He can lose a lot more weight, but he needs to take responsibility for his issues, and stop whining. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Is there an Envy emoji?? I’m about to eat a salad but I’m the spirit of the show, I’ll add cheese, croutons, and a good glug of dressing. 

Don't forget to top it off with a couple of peanut butter sandwiches, and maybe an orange. Or some grapes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wait - peanut butter AND bananas plus a giant sized glass of OJ for the diabetic father?  What are these people thinking? 20 yrs diabetic here - and yes, I eat PB (docs are fine with it, actually, but then, I'm not 600 lbs), but the bread & bananas and fruit juice?  People think if it's not straight up white sugar it's ok, but it isn't. Wow. Someone needs a diabetic nutritionist.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

The amount of stomach cut out looked like the size of a forearm...WTH!!!

I think that is the largest stomach we've seen.  What is even left in there?! 

I guess that is how you are able to eat yourself to 718.  Holy shit!

Dr. Now was enthralled...I hadn't seen that before either.

And he said that when full it could stretch the length of the table! 😯

2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Gee, that plate he just made for dad: grapes (they keep showing up), peanut butter AND banana sandwich, giant glass of orange juice, NOT diabetic friendly.

BTW, Lola did he mentioned that dad had a heart attack and may not need any added stress right now.

I don’t get the impression that there is much consideration for others. It’s all about the person. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

A manly type person??  What does that mean?

I think his daddy loves him.  It's the son's perception that is screwy.

Right? I think maybe Aaron was a "sissy" kid in his father's eyes.  Or that was Aaron's perception. And unless dad beat him black and blue, I've got very little sympathy for him being punished. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I know you’re kinda anti Lola, but in this instance, I think this guy really needed to speak to his father.  It seems to have been the right move in this case.

Edited by Oh My.
  • Love 6

OK, it seems Aaron is morphing into that other 600-pounder from a few seasons ago who proposed to his girlfriend. 

1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

I think his father needs to tell him to man up.

Kid needs to grow a pair and listen to his dad.   The past is the past its time to move forward -  kid needs to get over his own self.   Where's Dr. Paradise when you need him?!!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shouldbedancing said:

Okay. I just started watching. But let me say, showing this guy attempt to wipe his ass with the handle of his cane was a new low for this show. And no, that ass is not getting wiped.

Um, I'm afraid I have to disagree.  Jeanne's stank ass last week was the new low bar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Right? I think maybe Aaron was a "sissy" kid in his father's eyes.  Or that was Aaron's perception. And unless dad beat him black and blue, I've got very little sympathy for him being punished. 

I really doubt that little chat with dad is going to solve his eating obsession

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Good to know. I have been to Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, Odessa, and El Paso, so you can see where I got the impression that it is brown and flat. Looks like I need to visit the Hill country!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

OK, it seems Aaron is morphing into that other 600-pounder from a few seasons ago who proposed to his girlfriend. 

YES!  They look like twins...I kept thinking, "he looks familiar..." but I couldn't place it!  You nailed it!  Thank you.

• Love 1

Jeez, dad was probably upset that his little boy was grossly overweight from the time he was little.  I didn’t hear anything about abuse, just dad being strict.  Aaron is a real wimp.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I don't think I  would start trouble with my father if I had nowhere else to live.

Dad's an elderly, out of control diabetic who just had a heart attack. I could take him out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

It is.  But I’m one of those unlucky people who will gain 10 pounds just looking at it.  PB is the one food I actually refuse to let in the door, because if a jar is open my spoon and I will soon empty it.

Hee hee, for me it's Nutella. No jar of Nutella is safe with me!

• Love 3
Just now, Grammy said:

Jeez, dad was probably upset that his little boy was grossly overweight from the time he was little.  I didn’t hear anything about abuse, just dad being strict.  Aaron is a real wimp.

There were multiple mentions of getting hit with a belt or strap ("whooped").  I understand that others may not agree, but I consider that abuse.

• Love 8