Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Aaron's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

He gets exhausted and worn out driving to the store but is okay to walk outside everyday? 

He had to pull a chair up to the stove to cook canned ravioli. I can’t imagine being so immobile that three minutes on my feet was too much to handle without sitting down. 

Edited by MrsRopersCaftan
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I want my props for 718!

I can't lose weight if no one here is suppoooooorting me!!

You are the Queen of the Live Chat this week! Your prize is a lifetime supply of sugar free jam, yogurt and grapes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Seriously! But, three hours without a pee stop, that's where I draw the line 

I usually stop once or twice when I drive that far by myself, partly to pee, partly to stretch, and if there's a Starbucks at the rest stop, hot chocolate!

Just now, Donut Bear said:

I’m sorry but that father looks 20 years older than mid 70s

Bad health will do that; I believe he has diabetes which may not be well controlled and contributed to his heart attack.

• Love 5

He has his a few weeks post heart attack father drive him four hours to Houston!    OK, if I didn't dislike his whiny butt before, then I do now.    Bet Dad lost the weight when his diabetes flared, people often lose a bunch of weight until they're diagnosed (at least in my mom's family).  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I give him credit for looking after his sister's kids so that she could go stay with dad.

Totally agree, but the whole situation was seriously stressing me out.  I had my hand on my mouth.  I can't even imagine having to leave my kids with a 700-lb mostly immobile caretaker.  Very relieved that all turned out well.

• Love 5

@Suzywriter is our winner with an exact guess of 718 pounds!  She wins time with the tiny dog of her choosing, one free poorly drawn and horribly-placed tattoo, extra long, toilet paper holding kitchen tongs for her personal hygiene needs (much classier than a cane!), and of course the amazement of her fellow pounders! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

Also why do all these places have so much clutter and mess everywhere?

I guess when you wallow around scarfing down food all day, there just isn’t time to clean up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

Peanut butter on bread - yea that’s low carb

But he's "trying" to give it up.  Just Stop Eating It and Throw Away The Rest.  No, I'll be surprised if he even lost 20 pounds.

• Love 4

Cripes, I hope Dad doesn't kick the bucket during this episode.

Peanut butter sandwiches are not on the approved food list.

The narration sounds like he lost a few pounds, but I am not betting on his getting approved this time around.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

That plate of food was more than 400 calories especially followed by a peanut butter sandwich 

Noticed the participants manage no carb, low calorie, screw the diet but no combinations. So they’ll eat enormous amounts if they think it’s no carb...then think they can have just 1 or 2 carby things. Unfortunately they find that’s not how that diet works. That’s why Dr Now stresses carbs and calories.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I usually stop once or twice when I drive that far by myself, partly to pee, partly to stretch, and if there's a Starbucks at the rest stop, hot chocolate!

And Combos! Perfect road trip snack. No crumbs!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Okay. I just started watching. But let me say, showing this guy attempt to wipe his ass with the handle of his cane was a new low for this show. And no, that ass is not getting wiped.

Then he holds the handle of the poor, abused cane to hoist up off of the can. Yeeeeech!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

NO GRAPES! Those things are poison! Stealthy little fat bombs, those grapes. 

Grapes were part of my eating habit at lunch.

I will show myself out

• LOL 3