Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Fifty Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Remember last season when Dorit had a fit about the make-up on her shoot with Lisa V for jewelry? Lisa V did the EXACT SAME THING. She had the little dude that did the photo shoot angrily wax about how horrendous Dorit was and how her "bad energy" would not be in magazine. At the time I thought that was a pretty strong reaction for someone whose business is dealing with divas. Complaining about her hair and make-up, though annoying, can't be the worst thing models have done on photo shoots. At the time, I thought that Lisa was setting Dorit up for that and making the guy say what she couldn't (out loud). I guess she does it quite often.

POCKET-GAY.png

Wasn't that guy also the publisher of the magazine that the photo shoot was for?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Sorry, I didn’t see your other post.  I’ve been a fairly absent poster the last few months.

I get it...sometimes I have a touch of libertarian political tendencies but I look at this from a black/white parental perspective.  I have 3 young adult children, the youngest just graduated from college.  Every discussion we’ve had with them, the way they were raised, (Catholic upbringing) was to teach them to consider right/wrong and teaching them to do the right thing.  Every minute of my day, I am hoping, now that they are all on their own, that they don’t do crappy things like adopt, then dump a dog!  No one expects perfection, but I expect people to consider consequences of their actions.  It’s pretty simple.

I may not judge friends in the same way but I would certainly side eye a friend that would do what Dorit did...of course, I don’t have a@@hole friends like Dorit, so that makes it easier to not care.  If someone takes an action that may cause harm, I care...for example, if someone smokes pot I don’t care...if someone smokes pot and drives a school bus, then I would care.

Besides...it’s my job as a poster to be judgy of these harpies.😉

Oh no worries if you missed my post.  These boards go so fast and I miss stuff all the time.  I have to say I really, really respect you creed and philosophy on holding people accountable (and I also apologize for swearing so much.  My writing mouth has become like a sewer ever since I cleared up my mouth at work in an effort to better myself).  

I guess it didn't occur to me until i read your post the very low esteem with I have in these women. I don't expect them, especially Dorit, to operate on anything even approximating normal give and take for the most part.  Even if I have my faves and my least faves, I generally think they are all horrible people.  I compared LVP to Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm a few weeks ago, and someone pointed out that the characters on Curb and Seinfeld were funny because they were horrible people, and I only realized then that I hold the Houswives on par with fictional characters who are infamous for their selfishness and immorality.  

(No offense to anyone who has ever dropped their own dog off at a shelter), but I think dropping your dog (not a stray off the street, but a dog you went out of your way to acquire) off at a shelter without at least making every human effort to rehome it or get it into a rescue is a heinous act.  It's just my opinion, but you drop you dog off at a shelter, and you can save your tears for the pillow, because I'm not here for that.  I will stare you down with a judgmental face.  I was not thinking about Dorit as a human being prior to reading your post.  I really was thinking about her as a character.  The fact that she had a place to return the dog and it wound up in a flipping shelter in an adjacent county is disgusting.  I don't care if a shelter is "kill" or "no kill."  All "no kill" means to me is that the shelter won't euthanize on site, but there is nothing to stop them from sending the dogs to another shelter which will euthanize, so the "kill vs no-kill" debate is moot to me.

Now I am actually disgusted.  And I'm disgusted with the people (on the show) who support Dorit.  

I am NOT excusing LVP in any way, shape or form for her part in this.  Right is right, wrong is wrong, and Lisa should have taken this to the press IMO, rather than throwing rocks and hiding her hands.  You want to put a dog of mine into a shelter?  For any purpose under the sun?  Game on, biatch (I was doing so well without swearing, but this just makes me mad).  

I think Lisa is a coward who wants good press for her VDP, and she had no business giving this woman not one, but two dogs, knowing what a terrible person she is.  This is why I have never and will never lend money to a friend--because as soon as you lend the money with an intention of getting it back, you become a creditor, not a friend.  If a friend needs money so much, I will give it to them.  In the same vein, Lisa should not do business with co-stars as best as she can avoid it.  If she was going to give Dorit two dogs, she should have had the conversation with Ken beforehand as to what the party line was going to be if and when this goes tits-up.  The fact that they didn't have the conversation and Ken was vehement about sweeping it under the rug for the sake of his friendship with P-KAY?  Ken can go take a flying leap too. 

I am really going to sit in judgment of anyone who doesn't have a serious, frank, on-camera discussion with Dorit about the dog, yet continues to film with her.  Since that is no one, I am gutted by this whole cast.  Now I do understand why people are saying "this is about Lucy."  It's about Lucy, and it's about how horrible they all are, and how I couldn't see it because I just expected them to be evil, mustache-swirling cartoon characters.

5 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Jesus. Off topic, but now I'm wondering what the hell is going on over in Atlanta.

I think the people who tune into Bravo every Sunday night at 8 are also wondering what the hell is going on with Atlanta 🙂

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Clarity about shelter-shaming
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I believe LVP grief is sincere and if it's not then she has manipulated me into believing it is. Ha

However I do think she has played victim a lot, but so do all the other ladies. Didn't Rinna let 1 single tear fall from her eye about getting a cheap bunny back tat the reunion. It was hilarious like a long scene in a soap opera, I don't even know how that tear just paused on her cheek, great acting. *eyeroll*

This is an interesting parallel, everyone is trashing LVP for talking about the condolence note that Erika sent (and, as I've said before, I think it would have been better not said, but I think it popped out before LVP realized it, and she immediately apologized and said they were in a good place and she didn't want it to ruin the relationship), but, yet when Kim decided she had to give Rinna back the bunny, somehow people just shrug and say "Well, it's how she felt"  Why should she keep the bunny when she didn't think the feeling behind it was sincere? My thought then was, fine, don't keep it, just throw it out and move on with your life.  What was to be gained by bringing it back and giving it back at the reunion?  

9 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

What was the show about that it would cause a rift? I never understood that. 

I think the fact that it was about Kyle's childhood, which naturally then involves her siblings, means they get to have a say about it.  She didn't really bother to talk to them about the situation ahead of time and say, look, this is loosely based on our life, but I'm going to do x, y and z and it's not actually going to have real stories, she just announced it was about HER life and she couldn't get why they were all mad about it, because it's HER life and she has a right to tell it.  I mean, ok, but, if my siblings went out and talked about their childhood in a public way, I'd have some thoughts about it.  One of my siblings and I have very different opinions of how we grew up, which is fine, we experienced things differently and they are entitled to see it how they did.  I do not, however, appreciate the stuff that they have put out on social media about me and the role that they feel I've played in their life.  What they're saying is provably false, but, there's no point in engaging in the argument, there's a reason I'm not close to that sibling in the first place.  I don't care how they view things, but I do think that they don't have a right to go out and trash me or present parts of my life that I'd prefer not to have discussed publicly into the public square without my consent, and I'm guessing this is the crux of the issue with Kyle. 

8 hours ago, Reality police said:

@smores, Wow, a lot of work went into that timeline. Makes more sense with everything laid out like that. Thank you for posting it. 

https://keirnthomas.com/2019/03/14/lisa-has-receipts/

Just to be clear, I had nothing to do with either that timeline or that blog.  I just found them and posted them.  

8 hours ago, Reality police said:

Why is Teddi not upset at John B in all this mess? As others have pointed out all her info came from him, not one thing from LVP. Have not heard her question the veracity of his info once. If I was Teddi, I would be all over him. 

Interesting question, right? Seems like even if LVP was the puppetmaster, Teddi would either be standing WITH John B and saying WE were both used or she'd be mad at him as well as LVP for co-opting her into the whole scheme.  And, why hasn't she been upfront about the fact that her brother's girlfriend is an employee at VDPDs?  Did she really NOT get any info from that source?

7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Giselle, I liked  your thoughts on the cast’s reasoning for getting involved in the show, and and agree with the statement above. My favorite moment of this episode was seeing Kyle and LVP laughing together... And actually, as goofy as Denise was at dinner, that whole segment was kind of fun. Even Kyle “casually stopping by” The Agency wasn’t bad. I wish we had more simple moments in the show. I’m not the hugest fan of Kyle, but she, IMO, is the one who delivers the most and the best “normal” moments on the show. Her older daughters don’t overact for the camera, she has the cutest dogs, she has the best parties, and her scenes with Mauricio are the most relaxed of the bunch.  

Since Kyle likes to keep everything "real" and show us her actual life, I would really like to see some scenes of her dropping by the agency with a lunch so they can discuss the lawsuit that Mauricio is facing.  We got to see the party that was thrown on the property that he sketchily invested in, so let's see him get sued for the fraud it appears he committed.  

6 hours ago, Giselle said:

I believe after her brothers death everybody was quite supportive and sympathetic to Lisa and they are still in that matter. But Lisa was the one that was began being catty on camera about Kyle not attending the party playing her off of Teddy, She's seen by the others being rude & catty to Dorit in the plane and they have no idea why, she's criticizing (and that's what it was) Erica for not sending a Lisa approved response in front of everybody. She's now been caught in a lie. She gets to be called on that because she's hurt other people. It's happened before her brothers suicide, it's continuing and  it's happening after her brother's suicide.

Was this when Kyle was yelling "I have things going on in my life TOO Lisa!!!"  Or perhaps was it when Rinna texted her the cupcake covered in pills "because no one else had wished her a Happy Birthday"  Or maybe it was when Teddi decided that "just because someone is grieving, it doesn't mean they aren't responsible for what they did, so I'm going to hold her accountable" and proceeds to try to pin a whole bunch of stuff on LVP without actual proof.

6 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

Isn't Lucy the second dog that bit PK?  I can imagine PK and Dorit never spending any time doing basic obedience and socialization with any pet.  They seemed too self absorbed to put in the effort.  I doubt they took the time to introduce those dogs to their children and teach their kids SLOWLY the correct way to handle an animal.  

Madison (dog 1) bit PK, supposedly.  That's where the picture came from.  They then used that picture on tv as a bite from Lucy, but, Dorit has claimed that Lucy has bitten PK, "the kids" and also her daughter at various times.  The story just keeps changing.

3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

How is this all being deflected back on to Teddi who has admitted her part in this.... Teddi said I did this... there is no more lie there she ADMITTED her part in  it  she has apologized to the slimy Dorit for her part in it......Lisa has been caught in lie after lie and even bravo is so tired of it and is now showing flashbacks to those lies ... Lisa is apart of this she needs to put on her big girl panties and say yes im sorry so we can all move on and start hating Dorit for being a sleezeball pet owner 

I don't think Teddi has actually admitted her part, to be honest.  Teddi has admitted that she didn't tell everyone in the Bahamas that she was the one that sent the texts saying "have the dog there and I'll identify it" but that's about it.  She also specifically said she never told Kyle or Rinna.  Oddly enough, Kyle found out (on camera, perhaps she knew before from Teddi), because Teddi wouldn't let the subject drop at VDPDs, so, yes, she lied right there.  Teddi and Kyle wouldn't let the subject drop in the Bahamas, which is how Rinna found out, so again, Teddi isn't being honest and admitting her role.  

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

is it deflecting tho cause Lisa has been caught in the lie that she's not admitting to here not Teddi .... Did you text Dorit Teddi knows?

yes

how did you know ( again how did she know to send that text if she didn't know Teddi knew) 

I didn't know at the time....  

she has switched this story 3 times now and bravo has flashed back to it lol .... she didn't know then she knew then she didn't know ..... why does her story keep changing? at this point I dont care anymore but this is not some thing that Teddi just made up... Lisa is part of the set up .... Lisa just needs to say yes I wanted it out and be done with it at this point ... lets all move on 

It's not being caught in a lie.  People are cherry picking and jumping in to cut LVP off before she can finish a statement.  When Teddi had the conversations with Blizzard, LVP did NOT know about them.  She was unaware, which is what she is saying "I didn't know that Teddi knew at the time"

Then, she found out that Teddi knew, so she texted Dorit and said "Teddi knows, you should get out ahead of this, blah, blah"  At this point, she found out, and therefore, yes, she DID know and texted Dorit.  

The key thing, though, is that time elapsed between the 2 instances.  It would be helpful to have texts with time stamps, so you could see that this happened on Sunday at 6 pm (I'm making things up), for example, that's when they found out that the dog had been found at a shelter.  Then at 11 am Monday, Teddi was told by John Blizzard about the situation.  Then, LVP finds out Tuesday at 2 pm that John Blizzard told Teddi, so she texts Dorit at 3:30 pm to let her know.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, renatae said:

The clothes and sets were so nostalgic and accurately done that they were a real treat. I loved the blast into the past.

I understand what Giselle is saying about the "code of silence."  Yet I agree, Kyle portrayed her mother as such a Goody Two Shoes that they are being true idiots to carry on so. The show may have been meant to portray Big Kathy, but it turned out to be more like the Brady Bunch mom.

Agree--and I should add that I don't think @Giselle made bad points--not at all! My annoyance is at the ranks-closer sisters for making such a to-do about it. And while I do not know what the real truth is about Big Kathy, I am not above wondering if Kyle isn't maybe overcompensating for some gnarly stuff in her childhood by extra-romanticizing her mom. Just sucks that K & K couldn't/wouldn't see that there was nothing to make a fuss about.

• Love 5
On 3/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, Lizzing said:

I was as shocked to learn Camille was only 50 as I was learning PK was only 50 last year.  I would have believed she was 50 in S1, so it isn't the divorce/cancer/abusive ex that has aged her.  Maybe living with Kelsey or being Jesus did it. (I still cannot stand the woman, but she's right about Dorit.)

As for all this "LVP made me do it" bullshit....JFC, watch the show you are on so you know the players and their games.  If Teddi is that guillable, then someone get me her phone number and I'll call her to tell her she needs to pay off an IRS debt with iTunes giftcards ASAP.

So LVP drops out sometime shortly after Denise's wedding, right?  If they all do stop talking about her, what the hell are they going to talk about?  Drop LLAJ/LVP out of the story, and all we have is a handful of photoshoots and an infomercial for The Agency.  Oh, and Dirty Aaron's dick size.  (I think he's a scammer, but he did have the best line of the night when Denise went to get the other women to come back in to celebrate Camille's bd: "I think I'll go hide" or similar.)

Isn’t that the truth.  None of them have a storyline.  LVP owns this show, and I love her.  At least she doesn’t act like some high school twit.  She is truly successful in life.

• Love 12
On 3/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Raising my hand too!

I think the reason we don't see Rosia anymore is because she spends all day picking up shit and spraying Fabreze - that's just the house.

Have never seen a groundskeeper at LVPs, so I'm with you in thinking the ponies don't spend much time outside of the enclosure

Why would Lisa have her employees filmed?  No other HW shows their help, but LVP must.  It’s tiresome.

Edited by ButterQueen
Spelling
  • Love 16
On 3/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, IKnowRight said:

(Not sure if you are saying this from your point of view or opining on what the other ladies are thinking about this.)

It’s not about the fact the Lucy ended up okay...everyone is glad she’s A-okay.  It’s about what could have happened to her.  More importantly, the dog was taken to a shelter, in another county, not to another woman’s wonderful home as Dorit claimed originally.  Dorit/PK were not concerned with her welfare and that is getting lost in the conversation.  

It is the carelessness of them with Lucy that upsets people. 

For example, if your friend drove home drunk, after knowing 1)it’s breaking the rules/law 2)she knew she should have asked for a ride....you even offered her a ride...when she gets home without harming anyone else, herself or the car, is it still ok in the end?  After all, no harm, no foul?  Well, she’s fine, right?  No one was harmed, right?

That’s not the point.  I can think of lots of analogies, everything being okay in the end doesn’t excuse the bad original behavior of doing what’s wrong.

Lucy was lucky to end up back at VDP.  

I so wish Lisa wouldn’t have waived the 5,000 contract violation fee.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, ButterQueen said:

I so wish Lisa wouldn’t have waived the 5,000 contract violation fee.

I agree, but if she didn't?  Betcha it would be the damn same storyline!  Except that Lisa would be accused of some other manipulation.🤣😅

IMO that's where mixing business with personal bites you in the ass.

• Love 14

Teddi has confused the concept of being set up with being a coconspirator. She willingly went along with everything & then got pissed LVP left her holding the bag (allegedly).  Now she’s spouting off about proof...but her only proof is that she was gossiping with a guy who claimed LVP gave him the go-ahead. John Blizzard could have said the Pope told him to tell Teddi, but it doesn’t make it true. The texts don’t serve as legitimate proof.  Teddi made up her mind that she must have been taken in by LVP’s evil plot & she’s betting everything she has on it because she doesn’t want to admit that she could willingly agreed to do something she now feels bad about without being coerced.

Do I think LVP more than likely wanted Teddi to get the info, yes. But no one can prove it.

• Love 15
On 3/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, smores said:

From your keyboard . . .

We often see LVP being happy for Kyle, upset for Kyle, supportive of Kyle, taking Kyle's demands for support and friendship into consideration, humoring her constant "but Lisa, you don't do this for ME and I'm your BFF!" whining, and yet, what do we see Kyle doing?  "I'm going through stuff TOO Lisa!" when Lisa mentions the rough time she's had since her brother's sudden death.  Oh, and when she gets ganged up on at a table full of people "No, Lisa, don't go.  Oh, ok, you're going?  Listen, I don't speak for Lisa.  She's my friend, but I don't like all the stuff she does, she has a nasty side to her"  Way to have your friend's back 1000% there Kyle.

I don't know why those 2 are stuck together, but, I am SO over Kyle's splits.  Yep, she can still do them.  Woohoo! Kyle's got a party trick folks! Watch out! She's gonna twirl her hair next! There you have it, that's her entire repertoire! 

I also don't get how if you are someone who is so set on being ACCOUNTABLE, why do you care if you outed Dorit? I mean, listen, she DID dump the dog.  So, you could say, hey, look, I maybe shouldn't have taken part in things the way I did, or maybe I shouldn't have hidden my part the way I did in the Bahamas, but, at the end of the day, we wouldn't have had any of this conversation if Dorit had just returned the dog to VDPDs, so I guess I really don't understand why we aren't focusing on the root of the problem here.  Dorit didn't follow the contract and that's ultimately what put us all in this situation.  Had she been accountable for HER ACTIONS, no one else would be in this mess in the first place.  

The other thing that Teddi has conveniently left out is that her brother's girlfriend is the person who was caring for the dog during the spaying.  She is also the one who was trying to contact Dorit to follow up on how the dog was and not getting a response.  So she can keep saying that she got all this info from Blizzard, but how do we know she never got any of it from her brother and/or his girlfriend?

This, all of this.  LVP didn't know that Teddi knew at first.  When she found out, then she texted Dorit.  Kyle just decided to throw out some random questions and didn't bother to let her explain the timeline when she was playing Judge Judy, so it makes it seem like LVP is giving conflicting answers, but, the reality is, yes, at one point LVP did NOT know.  And then, at another, later point in time, LVP DID know and then she texted Dorit.  Funny how no one is bothering to match up any of this "proof" that LVP knew Teddi knew by showing dated/time stamped texts.  All of the texts I send have them.  It would do wonders for proving their side of the story and the fact that they don't show that kind of tells you something.

I'm going to leave this link here, because I think it makes the argument better than I could:

https://keirnthomas.com/2019/03/14/lisa-has-receipts/

I guess I also want to ask, why, if Teddi is SOOO accountable and truthful, did she say to Dorit (when confessing), that yes, she did out things but she DID NOT tell Kyle or Rinna?  Because oddly enough, Kyle found out "on camera" at VDPDs.  Because Teddi wouldn't let the subject go.  And then we see Rinna learn about it because Kyle and Teddi won't shut up about it.  So, poor little Teddi lies again.  

On the one hand, I kind of like the idea of a therapist who meets you in the situations in which you feel the most comfortable.  I think you might get more "work" done if you were out hiking or what have you, than if you were just sitting inside on a couch, but what about any sort of privacy laws? And notes? I guess this is probably something that is best suited for a life coach sort of thing vs a therapist and in any event, it really just feels like this person was a prop to try to redeem poor used Teddi.  What better way to absolve her of her guilt than to have a professional say, well, what else could you do?

It looks like the reunion was filmed on 3/27.  According to a timeline on reddit, 7/29 is when VDPDs gets the info that the dog was dropped off at the shelter.  Hannah had the dog at some point, in the middle of that timeframe for spaying and healing, and it's unclear when Dorit gave the dog to "the woman" if there was another woman.  But, she had the dog for somewhere around 4 months.  

Get Amazon cards, they're more versatile!

It never, ever does.  But, she'll sit there at the reunion and yell about how Lisa sticks up for Dorit and doesn't take her side, despite how Kyle is there for her friends 1000%!

This is what I don't get.  If someone came to me and was like, ok, I want you to say this when this happens, I'd be like, uh no, say it your own damn self.  I'm not your puppet.  And if you're my close friend I'm going to tell you what I think of things.  Just like Camille, I would have said "Why didn't you just return the dog to VDPDs?" That would have solved the entire thing.  I think there are some things you maybe don't say to people in public, because it could be hurtful to them (like, let's say I'm Nene's friend on RHOA, I might privately pull her aside and say that I don't think the tweets she's putting out about Gregg are a good look and say I can tell she's hurting and ask how I can help her), but, I do think you don't just blindly say stuff because someone asks you to, or overlook them because you're their friend.  

If you do jump in and say something because someone wants you to, I honestly think it's worse than if you just spoke up on your own.  That means whatever hurtful thing you said isn't even your own thoughts.  You're just willing to be nasty and hurtful because . . .? And I don't think LVP had a part in this, I think she meant what she said when she said she didn't give a fuck who found out (whereas Ken DID want to protect PK and Dorit), she was dealing with the opening of TomTom, the Vegas stuff and also the loss of her brother.  I'm sure she was pissed at the situation, but I do also think that she did believe Dorit that it wasn't on purpose and she just wanted to move on from the situation, but the others decided to move in for the kill.  

And here we are again with the rest of the group ganging up on LVP but the proof not vindicating Teddi.  She doesn't have any new texts.  None of them show that LVP has a hand in anything.  Her story that she was told that the dog was locked in a basement doesn't prove that LVP manipulated her.  She's still lying about not being the one to tell Kyle, she's not talking about the fact that her brother's girlfriend was the one who cared for the dog during the spaying and was also the one who had been trying to reach Dorit to follow up on how the dog was doing but not getting any answers (and hey, isn't this the most likely source of info for the dog being locked in the basement?).  She hasn't released anything with dates/times to prove her timeframe, nor is she releasing entire conversations, it's still bits and pieces.  And her whole "she joked that you should adopt the dog" being proof? It could be that LVP said that Blizzard should adopt the dog from Blizzard's texts.  It could be more info Blizzard made up, and it could very well be that LVP said, the day of filming "you're not going to adopt the dog, Teddi" to get her to shut up and stop talking about it precisely because she did not want it filmed, as she'd already said several times.

BRAVO

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Smacky55 said:

It’s because she hasn’t fully acknowledged  her part in it. “I did it but Lisa made me do it.”  That’s the same excuse my 4 year old gave when he and the 6 year old drew all over the walls....”Tyler made me do it.”  It did not get him any less punishment  

I don’t think that because we think Lisa is terrible then Teddi has to be good. They may just both be terrible people who do not want to fully admit to their part in this whole situation. Lisa is full on denying it and Teddy is “admitting” to it in a way that will gain her sympathy. She’s not admitting to it in a way that is accepting her own responsibility for what happened. And that’s what makes Teddi so despicable to me. And while that type of apology/playing the victim game is not a good look for anyone, it is worse in someone who calls themself an accountability coach. 

I agree, Teddi is a grown woman! It seems so many of these women wanna use LVP’s manipulation skills as a way of avoiding responsibility for their behavior. They act like LVP held a gun to their head and made them do it. 

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, 918lux said:

Teddi has confused the concept of being set up with being a coconspirator. She willingly went along with everything & then got pissed LVP left her holding the bag (allegedly).  Now she’s spouting off about proof...but her only proof is that she was gossiping with a guy who claimed LVP gave him the go-ahead. John Blizzard could have said the Pope told him to tell Teddi, but it doesn’t make it true. The texts don’t serve as legitimate proof.  Teddi made up her mind that she must have been taken in by LVP’s evil plot & she’s betting everything she has on it because she doesn’t want to admit that she could willingly agreed to do something she now feels bad about without being coerced.

Do I think LVP more than likely wanted Teddi to get the info, yes. But no one can prove it.

Yup. What Teddi is basically saying is she woulda gladly done it, had LVP backed her up, bc she’s too weak to go against Dorit on her own. 

• Love 22
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh, I don't care--I have no dog in this fight, but I did see the whole series; it wasn't great but, as far as sitcoms go, there are far, far worse, IMO. I watched it only for the '70s clothing and decor (I wish it was my job to curate the wardrobe for something like that, man!)

I would love that job too.  I also want to decorate a set.  I’m fascinated by all the cool things in Monica’s apt on Friends.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, langford peel said:

This is a very interesting and explains a lot of what’s going on. As Teddi has explained the “the dog is not important” to her.  What was important was that her lumpen piece of shit brother did not get a role on Vanberpimp Rules. He got a brief cameo that wasn’t even as prominent as James Kennedy’s misshapen brother or the cooks who made fun of Kristen. She got her idiot brother inserted into SUR and Vanderpump Dogs to make him a career. It fizzled as badly as Kyle’s attempt at producing. Maybe this whole bullshit story and gaslighting of Lisa is another Kyle Richards production.

There was indeed manipulation and deceit. From Teddi Melonhead and Vile Kyle. Lisa is listless and distraught and possibly medicated so she wasn’t sharp enough to respond to Teddi’s attack because her brother didn’t become one of the chuckleheads on Vanderpump Rules. Lisa was always nice to her as she often is to newcomers unlike other OG’s like Vicki or Nene. But she got a sick puppy who bites and shits on the floor. She should have dropped her off at a kill shelter. 

Then these vile bitches would take her side.

I watched my first episodes of Pump Rules today, and one was where Teddi went to SUR and asked Lisa to hire her brother.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, 88 keys said:

Thank you for mentioning this. Kyle was fuming that Lisa was saying she didn't want it brought up--she wanted Lisa to be furious with Dorit.

Then, acting like a 2 year old, Kyle stormed out of VPD with a "You like her better than me" attitude. Wah, wah, wah!" It's so obvious that Kyle is thrilled there is now a wedge between Lisa and Dorit/Teddi. She wanted this whole dog situation out there, front and center, from the beginning which is why she brought it up again in the Bahamas.

That scene made NO sense to me at the time.  Now, it makes perfect sense.  You are correct.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, smores said:

Interesting question, right? Seems like even if LVP was the puppetmaster, Teddi would either be standing WITH John B and saying WE were both used or she'd be mad at him as well as LVP for co-opting her into the whole scheme.  And, why hasn't she been upfront about the fact that her brother's girlfriend is an employee at VDPDs?  Did she really NOT get any info from that source?

Loved and agreed with your whole post, smores (just snipped for space). Teddi is now apparently very mad at John B. On WWHL, she was asked if she still talks to him and she said no and that he occasionally texts her messages (birthday greetings, etc), but she NEVER responds. Clearly Teddi is so honest and such an “innocent fawn in the woods” (tm Erika) that a 22-year-old was able to manipulate her too (at the direction of head psychotic manipulator LVP, of course).

I’m so over the show not mentioning Teddi’s brother and his girlfriend. And, while they mentioned it briefly in the first episode, Teddi keeps acting like she didn’t have a pre-existing relationship with John B. She worked on events for VPD and he coordinates events. Teddi has all kinds of relationships to VPD outside of LVP. 

I will end this on one good note about Teddi: I appreciate that she knew Shep Rose growing up and never dated him.

• Love 16
On 3/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, njbchlover said:

Going off the topic of the LVP/Teddi/Dorit b.s. for a minute here.  Has anyone else noticed how much Dorit is trying to copy Erika Jayne over the last couple of seasons? 

Erika wears a designer t-shirt dress to Dorit's for a party-next, Dorit shows up in an oversized shirt as a dress at LVP's.

Erika has a glam squad to go everywhere, do her hair and makeup - next, Dorit has her own glam squad (not quite as annoying as Erika's, but, still, a glam squad).

Erika, in every scene, always looks like the designer apparel floor of Saks threw up on her - next, Dorit can't be in one single scene without some type or multiple designer logos all over her.

Erika wears a different wig and hairstyle everywhere - Dorit, all of sudden, is sporting all kinds of crazy hairstyles/wigs - including the most recent looong ponytail.

These are just a few examples that I can recall.

Dorit is pulling some serious Single White Female shit on Erika, and Erika and her ego is loving it.  Not that I don't think that Erika could take down Dorit with one icy stare and a bowl shoved across a table, but I think that Erika, as well as Rinna and Teddi should be very careful which horse they are backing in all of this.  Dorit's main focus right now is to be the HBIC - she probably needs this show 1,000 times more than any of the others, so she will do whatever she can to secure her diamond.  

Dorit has been fashionable and wearing various hairstyles since day one - she isn't copying Erika.  Erika dresses more like a barbie doll or costumey.  Dorit is more high fashion.  I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Erika didn't take to Dorit at first was because Dorit brought the fashions just as much or more than Erika.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, langford peel said:

Lisa’s good deed of hiring Teddi’s Idiot brother got her punished by having her lead a mob to attack her nonstop this season.

I get that you hate Teddi, I guess I missed the part that her brother is an idiot.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, 88 keys said:

Thank you for mentioning this. Kyle was fuming that Lisa was saying she didn't want it brought up--she wanted Lisa to be furious with Dorit.

Then, acting like a 2 year old, Kyle stormed out of VPD with a "You like her better than me" attitude. Wah, wah, wah!" It's so obvious that Kyle is thrilled there is now a wedge between Lisa and Dorit/Teddi. She wanted this whole dog situation out there, front and center, from the beginning which is why she brought it up again in the Bahamas.

I find Kyle’s fretting about LVP not treating Dorit straight up in this situation as being very childish, and it may say a lot more than doggygate.  You are right, it’s like children being jealous over perceived favoritism.  Why was Kyle so agitated in episode 1?  Not to mention, such sympathy from Kyle regarding LVPs stress level, with Kyle’s, “I’ve been through a lot too” or whatever she was mumbling about at that moment. How empathetic!  Not.

I know it’s common for these Bravo housewives to shift alliances...in the real world, how common is that behavior?!  With that said, again how odd is it that almost everyone has had an issue with Dorit yet now they suddenly have interest in spending more one on one time with her.  How odd they many of them changed from disliking her to treating her as the put upon victim.  I’ve mentioned this before in an earlier post.  How convenient.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Rinna and Kyle finally saw an opportunity to freeze out LVP. 

As as far as the photo shoot where Dorit didn’t like the photos?  First of all, when has a model ever dictated what’s good and what’s not good for another companies photo shoot? This wasn’t for Beverly Beach swimwear, it was for a jewelry ad in Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.  I’m supposed to believe that LVP also manipulated that gentleman to be mad at Dorit?  She set that all up?  Did she also plan to make her makeup look bad in order to create the initial tension?   This is when the other ladies started to see they could separate Dorit from LVP by inserting themselves between LVP and Dorit, IMO.  I saw them suddenly acting sympathetic to Dorit at last years reunion, interesting.

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, snarts said:

While the article is not funny at all...it’s pretty unnerving actually but I’m laughing about the name Speck!  What?!  Speck and Hud?   Spell check keeps trying to type HUD for housing and urban development (U.S. Department of...)

Speck as when he was just a speck in your eye?  What?! 

Celebrities and what they name their kids...😬 Sheesh.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

While the article is not funny at all...it’s pretty unnerving actually but I’m laughing about the name Speck!  What?!  Speck and Hud?   Spell check keeps trying to type HUD for housing and urban development (U.S. Department of...)

Speck as when he was just a speck in your eye?  What?! 

Celebrities and what they name their kids...😬 Sheesh.

Speck was JMs grandfather's name. Hud was a character in a film.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I find Kyle’s fretting about LVP not treating Dorit straight up in this situation as being very childish, and it may say a lot more than doggygate.  You are right, it’s like children being jealous over perceived favoritism.  Why was Kyle so agitated in episode 1?  Not to mention, such sympathy from Kyle regarding LVPs stress level, with Kyle’s, “I’ve been through a lot too” or whatever she was mumbling about at that moment. How empathetic!  Not.

I know it’s common for these Bravo housewives to shift alliances...in the real world, how common is that behavior?!  With that said, again how odd is it that almost everyone has had an issue with Dorit yet now they suddenly have interest in spending more one on one time with her.  How odd they many of them changed from disliking her to treating her as the put upon victim.  I’ve mentioned this before in an earlier post.  How convenient.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Rinna and Kyle finally saw an opportunity to freeze out LVP. 

As as far as the photo shoot where Dorit didn’t like the photos?  First of all, when has a model ever dictated what’s good and what’s not good for another companies photo shoot? This wasn’t for Beverly Beach swimwear, it was for a jewelry ad in Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.  I’m supposed to believe that LVP also manipulated that gentleman to be mad at Dorit?  She set that all up?  Did she also plan to make her makeup look bad in order to create the initial tension?   This is when the other ladies started to see they could separate Dorit from LVP by inserting themselves between LVP and Dorit, IMO.  I saw them suddenly acting sympathetic to Dorit at last years reunion, interesting.

Yes, the abrupt turn about on Dorit and watching their (bad acting) reactions and Lisa's reactions, and the defensive blogging has me pretty much convinced that there were shenanigans at play from the others. I think a few of us have noticed that people who weren't at certain events seem to somehow know what was said and by whom, etc. Something's up.

I also think that Teddi had (for some reason that still mystifies me!) a very positive fan reaction last year, and they noticed that increasingly, over the years, people were talking more about LVP's "manipulativeness", so the HWs assumed that the audience would side with Teddi and co. over Lisa this year.  We know Rinna has been jonesing for a Lisa takedown, so of course she was all in. And poor old Kyle with her LVP-Mommy issues (can't take being second best again) saw a big opportunity to "be right" about Lisa and her chess playing. I would not be at all surprised to learn that they all (sans Lisa) discussed this either in advance, or as the season played out, and agreed to work together to ensure Lisa got hers. 

• Love 23
46 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Speck was JMs grandfather's name. Hud was a character in a film.

JM did a movie called Falling From Grace, Claude Akins played Speck Parks in the movie, he was JM's dad in the movie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am NOT excusing LVP in any way, shape or form for her part in this.  Right is right, wrong is wrong, and Lisa should have taken this to the press IMO, rather than throwing rocks and hiding her hands.  You want to put a dog of mine into a shelter?  For any purpose under the sun?  Game on, biatch (I was doing so well without swearing, but this just makes me mad).  

I think Lisa is a coward who wants good press for her VDP, and she had no business giving this woman not one, but two dogs, knowing what a terrible person she is.  This is why I have never and will never lend money to a friend--because as soon as you lend the money with an intention of getting it back, you become a creditor, not a friend.  If a friend needs money so much, I will give it to them.  In the same vein, Lisa should not do business with co-stars as best as she can avoid it.  If she was going to give Dorit two dogs, she should have had the conversation with Ken beforehand as to what the party line was going to be if and when this goes tits-up.  The fact that they didn't have the conversation and Ken was vehement about sweeping it under the rug for the sake of his friendship with P-KAY?  Ken can go take a flying leap too. 

I am really going to sit in judgment of anyone who doesn't have a serious, frank, on-camera discussion with Dorit about the dog, yet continues to film with her.  Since that is no one, I am gutted by this whole cast.  Now I do understand why people are saying "this is about Lucy."  It's about Lucy, and it's about how horrible they all are, and how I couldn't see it because I just expected them to be evil, mustache-swirling cartoon characters.

Yes, to this.  I don't get why Lisa didn't go up to Dorit and just tell the woman that what she did was wrong.  Dorit should have, could have called HER and told her about the issues they were having with the dog, case closed.  But Dorit probably thought Lisa would think badly of HER if she did that, so she did the sneaky thing. and went behind Lisa's back.

But that's stupid because wouldn't Lisa ask at some point, "how's Lucy Apple Juicy?"  I don't think Dorit thought that far. 

I don't know if Teddi or Lisa was wrong or right, but still I don't get why Lisa didn't tell Dorit that she was wrong about what she did.  It sounds like she didn't say anything because of Ken's relationship with PK, but so what?  Sometimes friends do bad things, and relationships repair.  

Silly women.

• Love 7

This pretty much sums it up for me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-9-episode-6/amp/

I also get it now that I’m watching RHNY based on posters suggestions.

On Season 5 now (lots of time on my hands). Finally know what Scary Island is! 

Sonja’s BK, Luann’s “open marriage”, etc. are openly discussed (unlike Teresa Giudice’s “don’t talk about my legal issues”).

These bitches outside very public woes (numerous) are never mentioned. Except of course when Ken and Lisa were being sued by shady dog rescue lady. LVP had no real issue with it being it was in the tabloids. Imagine if anybody brought up Mauricio’s, PK’s or Tom’s multi-million dollar lawsuits (that seem pretty credible). Heads would roll!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think idiot is part of the Vanderpump job description.

If you're talking about the Vanderpump Rules contingent--the ones that are also under Bravo contract--you might be partially correct. I doubt, however, that four hundred idiot employees would be able to help Lisa maintain her successful business ventures. There must be a couple of good ones in the group. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Remember last season when Dorit had a fit about the make-up on her shoot with Lisa V for jewelry? Lisa V did the EXACT SAME THING. She had the little dude that did the photo shoot angrily wax about how horrendous Dorit was and how her "bad energy" would not be in magazine. At the time I thought that was a pretty strong reaction for someone whose business is dealing with divas. Complaining about her hair and make-up, though annoying, can't be the worst thing models have done on photo shoots. At the time, I thought that Lisa was setting Dorit up for that and making the guy say what she couldn't (out loud). I guess she does it quite often.

POCKET-GAY.png

He was the new owner - having inherited from his mother. LVP was "Editor In Chief" - only lasted a year. LVP's luxury jewelry line never came to fruition either. They had printed a jewelry website name on the online magazine and the website never existed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I was very pro-Teddi last year because she was constantly being dogged by one of the most despicable, lying, victim-card-playing cast members to have curse us with her presence - Dorit. It was pretty much why I was so pro-Erika during the pantygate season as well. Dorit does something I really can't stand - she does something bad to someone else and then turns everyone against that person and makes herself the victim. She does it. EVERY. TIME. You'd think Teddi Accountability Mellencamp would notice something like that.

I gotta say, I fell for that in Dorit's first season. I felt bad for her re: pantygate. In my defense, I couldn't shake the fact that Kyle encouraged her ("Oh please do it when I'm there so I can see her reaction!") and I recoil when Erika gets confrontational with anyone because I can't stand her.  You're absolutely right, though, and you spotted it much quicker than I did. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, JillThePill said:

Have you ever had someone do something so heinous to you that you just close off?  At some point, you just numb off to that person and you can't even muster enough passion to really respond to them properly. That's what I think this dog situation did to LVP regarding Dorit. Add in LVP's personal grief and everything else going on and I just think LVP and Ken decided to move on from PK and Dorit; they just decided to do it quietly rather than light them up over it. I believe part of the reason for that was the potential impact publicity of this issue could have on their dog charity/rescue. Their only concern was with regard to their dog charity. Hence LVP's quip, "I don't care...... Just get the dog back"  I think that was an honest, uncalculated utterance. LVP cared about the dog and her dog charity coming out of all this and that's it.

Well, if someone did something heinous to me, I'd probably never talk to them again. 

I get what you mean, and in a normal situation, that's probably what would have been done.  But, you can't have it both ways, you can't agree to be on a reality show, and get paid for being on said show, which is supposed to show your real life, and then want to do things privately, especially when it's with a cast member.  Lisa's benefited by being on the show and with benefits, there are prices to pay, one of them being that your life is pretty much out there (which is why some might prefer to be "a friend of.)

• Love 7

Agreed, NeuroChick, and I wish that went for the rest of the cast as well. I'm just saying that I think, in LVP's state of mind, this was real life for her, this really is how she handled it. She told Bravo she wasn't into it this year and asked for this year off. They denied her that, and now we're seeing the results... LVP is not up to it, and these bitches sense it and have moved in for the kill. That's what makes this season so hard to watch, at least for me. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

This pretty much sums it up for me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-9-episode-6/amp/

I also get it now that I’m watching RHNY based on posters suggestions.

On Season 5 now (lots of time on my hands). Finally know what Scary Island is! 

Sonja’s BK, Luann’s “open marriage”, etc. are openly discussed (unlike Teresa Giudice’s “don’t talk about my legal issues”).

These bitches outside very public woes (numerous) are never mentioned. Except of course when Ken and Lisa were being sued by shady dog rescue lady. LVP had no real issue with it being it was in the tabloids. Imagine if anybody brought up Mauricio’s, PK’s or Tom’s multi-million dollar lawsuits (that seem pretty credible). Heads would roll!

There's a poster in the comments who said that Pandora LVP and Ken were laughing after Kyle and Teddi left VDP - is there any confirmation for that?

It’s amazing that the Lisa Vanderpump hate is so strong that people have to jump to the defense of Teddi Melonheads idiot brother. A lot of rain has fallen on that Scarecrow and his brain is mush. I have no doubt that they bribed his way into Duke.

Plus being a bus boy at SUR means you are an idiot by definition. Witness James Kennedy, his freakishly ugly brother and Max the child that made Lisa start adopting dogs by the dozen instead of more children.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, JillThePill said:

She told Bravo she wasn't into it this year and asked for this year off. They denied her that,

For some reason, I find that hard to believe.  Housewives have been moved to "friend of" for a season.  Why wouldn't they do that with Lisa?

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, langford peel said:

It’s amazing that the Lisa Vanderpump hate is so strong that people have to jump to the defense of Teddi Melonheads idiot brother. A lot of rain has fallen on that Scarecrow and his brain is mush. I have no doubt that they bribed his way into Duke.

Plus being a bus boy at SUR means you are an idiot by definition. Witness James Kennedy, his freakishly ugly brother and Max the child that made Lisa start adopting dogs by the dozen instead of more children.

Um, ouch. I was with you until that comment about Max. 

But Teddi does seem to have this effect on people. 

-sigh- I miss the days of tea parties in the garden... 

Edited by JillThePill
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh no worries if you missed my post.  These boards go so fast and I miss stuff all the time.  I have to say I really, really respect you creed and philosophy on holding people accountable (and I also apologize for swearing so much.  My writing mouth has become like a sewer ever since I cleared up my mouth at work in an effort to better myself).  

I guess it didn't occur to me until i read your post the very low esteem with I have in these women. I don't expect them, especially Dorit, to operate on anything even approximating normal give and take for the most part.  Even if I have my faves and my least faves, I generally think they are all horrible people.  I compared LVP to Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm a few weeks ago, and someone pointed out that the characters on Curb and Seinfeld were funny because they were horrible people, and I only realized then that I hold the Houswives on par with fictional characters who are infamous for their selfishness and immorality.  

(No offense to anyone who has ever dropped their own dog off at a shelter), but I think dropping your dog (not a stray off the street, but a dog you went out of your way to acquire) off at a shelter without at least making every human effort to rehome it or get it into a rescue is a heinous act.  It's just my opinion, but you drop you dog off at a shelter, and you can save your tears for the pillow, because I'm not here for that.  I will stare you down with a judgmental face.  I was not thinking about Dorit as a human being prior to reading your post.  I really was thinking about her as a character.  The fact that she had a place to return the dog and it wound up in a flipping shelter in an adjacent county is disgusting.  I don't care if a shelter is "kill" or "no kill."  All "no kill" means to me is that the shelter won't euthanize on site, but there is nothing to stop them from sending the dogs to another shelter which will euthanize, so the "kill vs no-kill" debate is moot to me.

Now I am actually disgusted.  And I'm disgusted with the people (on the show) who support Dorit.  

I agree with this wholeheartedly. 

Unfortunately I believe what you’re saying is true about “no kill” shelters being able to drop off animals at “kill” shelters.

My mother was big into feral cat colonies and rescue. Started from people in our very nice suburban neighborhood in LI leaving their housecats behind when they moved. She probably TNR’d hundred or so cats and adopted out about the same number of kittens. She got into it a little with the very reputable North Shore Animal League about the “no kill” label.

Full disclosure though - my mother is a little crazy and has been known to make stuff up out of thin air to fit her narrative (though generally applies to her political opinion and what she thinks me and my sister should be doing).

Apparently though VPD has adopted out over 850 dogs and LLAJ was the first one they had to go pick up from a shelter. I’m pretty sure this is not a business venture for LVP/Ken, and they’ve spent quite a bit of money (for us) starting and maintaining the Foundation.

I applaud her for doing it. I’m guessing getting a LVP dog is kinda like getting a Beth Stern cat. I wanted Buddy, the no-eyed kitten from years ago (like everybody else - see if you can find a video). 850 dogs is a lot in that time period. 

You go girls!

Haven’t watched in awhile - but check out Beth Stern’s kittens if you’re ever feeling down. She’s basically hand-raising them in their (I’m assuming very, very large for) Manhattan apartment. Much harder to do with puppies. 

I’m a bitch - so assuming they were probably incapable of house-training LLAJ too.

• Love 13

I think the fact that it was about Kyle's childhood, which naturally then involves her siblings, means they get to have a say about it.  She didn't really bother to talk to them about the situation ahead of time and say, look, this is loosely based on our life, but I'm going to do x, y and z and it's not actually going to have real stories, she just announced it was about HER life and she couldn't get why they were all mad about it, because it's HER life and she has a right to tell it.  I mean, ok, but, if my siblings went out and talked about their childhood in a public way, I'd have some thoughts about it.  One of my siblings and I have very different opinions of how we grew up, which is fine, we experienced things differently and they are entitled to see it how they did.  I do not, however, appreciate the stuff that they have put out on social media about me and the role that they feel I've played in their life.  What they're saying is provably false, but, there's no point in engaging in the argument, there's a reason I'm not close to that sibling in the first place.  I don't care how they view things, but I do think that they don't have a right to go out and trash me or present parts of my life that I'd prefer not to have discussed publicly into the public square without my consent, and I'm guessing this is the crux of the issue with Kyle. 

We don't know that she didn't try to explain. She has said ~967 times on this show alone that it is "inspired by" her life, so why assume that she never tried to give her sisters that same detail? maybe they don't understand what that means--or maybe the embarrassing gossip about their family is true and so they freak out at the mere hint of anything autobiographical?

• Love 2