Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Fifty Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

All "no kill" means to me is that the shelter won't euthanize on site, but there is nothing to stop them from sending the dogs to another shelter which will euthanize, so the "kill vs no-kill" debate is moot to me.

No no-kill shelter I have ever worked for would do this (correction: no by-the-book no-kill shelter; I cannot account for shady operations). An animal comes in and that animal lives, and is cared for, there* until it is adopted or it dies (naturally or due to illness-related euthanasia, in case that needs to be spelled out). There are not  hidden semantics, loopholes, technicalities, or seedy dark sides to honest no-kill animal shelters (and like we have the time or money to cart animals around just to have them destroyed. What even would be the point?). 

* If it gets too full at the shelter or if there is an animal who needs extra care for whatever reason, someone from the shelter will bring that animal home for the interim.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 13

I can understand why Kyle's sisters wouldn't want a show like that to be made whether it's intended to be kind, flattering, "inspired by," or whatever else. It just makes their childhood, upbringing, family, etc. fodder for debate, curiosity, and criticism. I know I wouldn't like my family being brought to the American market for entertainment. Maybe they couldn't stop Kyle, but they didn't have to like it. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Dorit has been fashionable and wearing various hairstyles since day one - she isn't copying Erika.  Erika dresses more like a barbie doll or costumey.  Dorit is more high fashion.  I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Erika didn't take to Dorit at first was because Dorit brought the fashions just as much or more than Erika.

They both look a hot mess.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, JillThePill said:

She did. She and Ken had a scene with Dorit and PK. There was obvious tension between all of them. Both Ken and Lisa told them that they did the wrong thing. PK was obviously annoyed throughout the entire scene but ultimately conceded that the dog should have been returned to VPD. The couples both agreed to move on after that. 

It's amazing to me that the big gripe about LVP is that she holds a grudge (another beaut set forth by everyone's good friend, Kyle), but now, in this instance, now everybody's mad that LVP wasn't carrying a grudge against Dorit long enough or, better yet, that she was mad at Dorit but not acting out about it enough. 🙄

Have you ever had someone do something so heinous to you that you just close off?  At some point, you just numb off to that person and you can't even muster enough passion to really respond to them properly. That's what I think this dog situation did to LVP regarding Dorit. Add in LVP's personal grief and everything else going on and I just think LVP and Ken decided to move on from PK and Dorit; they just decided to do it quietly rather than light them up over it. I believe part of the reason for that was the potential impact publicity of this issue could have on their dog charity/rescue. Their only concern was with regard to their dog charity. Hence LVP's quip, "I don't care...... Just get the dog back"  I think that was an honest, uncalculated utterance. LVP cared about the dog and her dog charity coming out of all this and that's it.

It goes back to the conversation LVP tried to have with Kyle on the balcony. I think the loss of her brother and her subsequent grief thrust LVP, for this season anyway, into real life (as opposed to reality tv) and that was the prism through which she was seeing everything at this time. 

I agree with everything, especially your last paragraph.  Lisa was trying to explain to Kyle that, in her grief, she was learning to let things go.  But Kyle was having NONE of that.  She barely let Lisa finish her thought before jumping back into puppygate.

I am so glad my good friends here cleared up that scene in episode 1 where Kyle lost her mind at VPD’s out of nowhere.  That had to be the weirdest episode I have ever watched.  It was like Bravo forgot it was episode 1.

It’s so sad, I so enjoy seeing Lisa and Kyle’s friendship....the shared laughs after lunch with Denise and the big penis, and the antics in the car after Camille’s birthday party.  I think Lisa forgives quite easily, or Kyle should be the first on her shit list.  I believe Kyle will do whatever it takes to be Queen Bee of this show before it’s cancelled....whether it’s outing her sister on camera or stomping on her friendship with Lisa....and being so flippant about Lisa’s loss.  She is horrible, and I’m surprised Mauricio doesn’t advise her better as to how two faced and untrustworthy she comes across.  Someone in makeup also hates Kyle with those dark red lipstick TH’s.  She looks horrible....and scary.

I hope they fire Erika, Teddy, Rinna and Dorit after this season....not only because I cannot stand them at all, but for also trying to take down Lisa, AGAIN, a longtime cast member who brings the wealth I long to see, during a very traumatic time in her life.  Rinna hasn’t had a storyline yet that hasn’t involved trying to hurt another cast member.  I only want Kyle to stay because I love LVP, and she loves Kyle. They can bring Camille and one of her friends on.  So far, I like Denise....although her scrunched up, tiny nose face isn’t pretty anymore.  However, she seems very nice.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

We don't know that she didn't try to explain. She has said ~967 times on this show alone that it is "inspired by" her life, so why assume that she never tried to give her sisters that same detail? maybe they don't understand what that means--or maybe the embarrassing gossip about their family is true and so they freak out at the mere hint of anything autobiographical?

Honestly, I think Kyle’s family thinks they are way more special and important than they really are, and their closing ranks is some royal family bull shit.  🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, snarts said:

Charming, aren't they?  When I was a kid, my parents explained to me in very clear terms that if we were attending something like a company picnic anything anyone in the family said or did would reflect on my father, the employee.  He was somewhat in charge, so we were told that we had to consider ourselves as hosting, and that if we were nasty to someone's kids or rude to an adult, then people would talk and it wouldn't be good for someone to be talking about how this manager's child was a horrible brat, so we had better be on our best behavior.  All of that seemed reasonable and it still does.  I would imagine that if I were a celebrity, I'd pretty much have the same sort of conversation with my child, that right or wrong, you're name is the one that is going to be leaked if you are at a party that is busted.  You have a fight, it's going to become news because of your association with me, so you need to be way more aware of what you are doing than the average person.  Not that this sort of fight would be ok for a non-celebrity child, but, still, it really makes you wonder.  

9 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I find Kyle’s fretting about LVP not treating Dorit straight up in this situation as being very childish, and it may say a lot more than doggygate.  You are right, it’s like children being jealous over perceived favoritism.  Why was Kyle so agitated in episode 1?  Not to mention, such sympathy from Kyle regarding LVPs stress level, with Kyle’s, “I’ve been through a lot too” or whatever she was mumbling about at that moment. How empathetic!  Not.

I know it’s common for these Bravo housewives to shift alliances...in the real world, how common is that behavior?!  With that said, again how odd is it that almost everyone has had an issue with Dorit yet now they suddenly have interest in spending more one on one time with her.  How odd they many of them changed from disliking her to treating her as the put upon victim.  I’ve mentioned this before in an earlier post.  How convenient.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Rinna and Kyle finally saw an opportunity to freeze out LVP. 

I think most of us have worked with a variety of personalities before.  I swear every workplace I've ever had has had at least one of the backstabbing middle-schoolish drama whores, one day they're your best friend and want to fill you in on all the gossip and then 3 days later, you're either being frozen out by everyone or you're getting in trouble from your boss for some tiny thing that has been blown way out of proportion or you didn't do and the blame has been shifted onto you.  It happened when I was at my first job, as a kid, and that's when I learned the concept of "work friends"  I'm social and polite to everyone, want to talk about your day? Ok. Tell me about the cute thing your kids did? Cool, I'm in.  I'll tell you surface stories about my life, the restaurant I ate at, where I went on vacation, a movie I watched.  We can gossip about tv shows or very, very generic work stuff (this person had their baby? this person is out because there was a death? thanks for letting me know, I'll send a card), but that's it.  You're not my BFF and I'm not going to give you the ammunition to use against me. 

This is what I suspect is going to happen after this season with LVP and the rest.  She's sort of always been this way with Kyle, because of Kyle.  She considered Kyle a friend, but Kyle has always been about Kyle.  Going forward, I think LVP will say hi, be cordial and that's that.  The days of Kyle or Dorit worrying about if they are LVP's top friend are over, I'm pretty sure the answer is that they aren't going to be on her friend list at all. 

7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, to this.  I don't get why Lisa didn't go up to Dorit and just tell the woman that what she did was wrong.  Dorit should have, could have called HER and told her about the issues they were having with the dog, case closed.  But Dorit probably thought Lisa would think badly of HER if she did that, so she did the sneaky thing. and went behind Lisa's back.

But that's stupid because wouldn't Lisa ask at some point, "how's Lucy Apple Juicy?"  I don't think Dorit thought that far. 

I don't know if Teddi or Lisa was wrong or right, but still I don't get why Lisa didn't tell Dorit that she was wrong about what she did.  It sounds like she didn't say anything because of Ken's relationship with PK, but so what?  Sometimes friends do bad things, and relationships repair.  

Silly women.

LVP did do this.  Hannah, an employee of VDPDs (and Hud's gf), had been calling to check on how Lucy was doing and not getting any response from Dorit.  Dorit called LVP to let her know that she had given the dog away after she'd already done it and LVP let her know then that she wasn't pleased and she would never be able to get another dog.  She asked her then for the name of the person who got the dog, so they could follow up.  Dorit said she had to get back to her.  Before she did, they got word that the dog had turned up in a shelter.  And then, she had the sit down to let her know that Teddi knew and told her that she wasn't happy about it there as well.

Also to note, Dorit got the dog somewhere in March or April.  LVP's brother died 4/30.  Dorit then gave the dog back to Hannah, who took it to be spayed and cared for it while it healed, before returning it, and then the dog was discovered in a shelter on 7/29.  So there's a fair amount of time in there that LVP was busy with stuff with her brother's death and then Dorit didn't have the dog. 

5 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

There's a poster in the comments who said that Pandora LVP and Ken were laughing after Kyle and Teddi left VDP - is there any confirmation for that?

I'm not sure what that would prove, though.  If they were seen laughing, so what?  They could have been laughing about any number of things, someone could have told a joke, a dog could have done something funny, etc.  It seems odd that they'd stand there cackling away maniacally that they'd gotten away with their plot to use Teddi to out Dorit.

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

We don't know that she didn't try to explain. She has said ~967 times on this show alone that it is "inspired by" her life, so why assume that she never tried to give her sisters that same detail? maybe they don't understand what that means--or maybe the embarrassing gossip about their family is true and so they freak out at the mere hint of anything autobiographical?

I'm basing what I said on the various interviews Kyle gave at the time saying stuff like this:

https://people.com/tv/kyle-richards-tension-sister-kathy-hilton-american-woman/

In the link she says, essentially that she hopes when Kathy sees the show she will understand and that she would never tell anyone else's stories and she felt bad because Kathy thought it was something that it wasn't.  If that's the case, it seems like Kathy hadn't seen any of the scripts and Kyle hadn't clearly explained the show to her.  I also remember Andy Cohen asking her about it, I don't remember if it was at the reunion or on WWHL, and she pretty much shrugged it off and said that she hoped she'd watch and then realize she hadn't done anything wrong.  To me, the first thing I'd do if I was going to do something like this would be go to the relatives that were seemingly involved and clearly explain that yes, it will seem like this is about us, but, it's NOT going to actually be that way and also ask if there are any particular boundaries they have.  Maybe there is a particular story they didn't want told, or they would want it handled a certain way, etc.  That seems fair to me.  

• Love 16
On 3/20/2019 at 9:15 PM, swankie said:

What I don't understand is how the hell did Dorit become the victim in a situation she created by not following the terms of her contract with Vanderpump Dogs?  She did a crappy thing to a poor innocent dog but God forbid anyone speak about it.  They need to stop taking the focus off of the guilty culprit and stop trying to make each other the bad guy.  Call a spade a spade and let Dorit know that what she did was crappy and just please make this whole thing go away and move on.  

Yes, yes a thousand times YES!!! I said last week that these eh ladies were totally losing sight of the original offense. Fucking Dorit and her hubby Lumpy. They did a shitty thing.  Is it really that important to the ahem ladies to take LVP down that they are willingly making Dorit look like the victim in all this? I am really hating this season and everybody on it except for Camille and Denise. Praise be my NYC loons are back.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Very interesting. Denise Richards old reality show highlighted her swearing problem, and she said she follows Lisa Rinna on Twitter. This was in 2009!!!

https://www.dailyfreeman.com/news/denise-richards-returns-to-reality-for-another-season-on-e/article_4c58aeb9-cfbb-5361-b635-b43bdf2f8b1b.html

I want to say that Kyle said that she, Denise and Lisa Rinna were part of a moms group back in the day.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. 

Unfortunately I believe what you’re saying is true about “no kill” shelters being able to drop off animals at “kill” shelters.

My mother was big into feral cat colonies and rescue. Started from people in our very nice suburban neighborhood in LI leaving their housecats behind when they moved. She probably TNR’d hundred or so cats and adopted out about the same number of kittens. She got into it a little with the very reputable North Shore Animal League about the “no kill” label.

Full disclosure though - my mother is a little crazy and has been known to make stuff up out of thin air to fit her narrative (though generally applies to her political opinion and what she thinks me and my sister should be doing).

Apparently though VPD has adopted out over 850 dogs and LLAJ was the first one they had to go pick up from a shelter. I’m pretty sure this is not a business venture for LVP/Ken, and they’ve spent quite a bit of money (for us) starting and maintaining the Foundation.

I applaud her for doing it. I’m guessing getting a LVP dog is kinda like getting a Beth Stern cat. I wanted Buddy, the no-eyed kitten from years ago (like everybody else - see if you can find a video). 850 dogs is a lot in that time period. 

You go girls!

Haven’t watched in awhile - but check out Beth Stern’s kittens if you’re ever feeling down. She’s basically hand-raising them in their (I’m assuming very, very large for) Manhattan apartment. Much harder to do with puppies. 

I’m a bitch - so assuming they were probably incapable of house-training LLAJ too.

I hate to quote myself - but too funny. 

I just got a request from the National Pyr Rescue to do a home check. First time I was ever asked. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
ETA - I adopted my Great Pyr mix from them two years ago.
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

As as far as the photo shoot where Dorit didn’t like the photos?  First of all, when has a model ever dictated what’s good and what’s not good for another companies photo shoot? This wasn’t for Beverly Beach swimwear, it was for a jewelry ad in Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.  I’m supposed to believe that LVP also manipulated that gentleman to be mad at Dorit?  She set that all up?  Did she also plan to make her makeup look bad in order to create the initial tension?   This is when the other ladies started to see they could separate Dorit from LVP by inserting themselves between LVP and Dorit, IMO.  I saw them suddenly acting sympathetic to Dorit at last years reunion, interesting.

9 hours ago, JillThePill said:

She did. She and Ken had a scene with Dorit and PK. There was obvious tension between all of them. Both Ken and Lisa told them that they did the wrong thing. PK was obviously annoyed throughout the entire scene but ultimately conceded that the dog should have been returned to VPD. The couples both agreed to move on after that. 

It's amazing to me that the big gripe about LVP is that she holds a grudge (another beaut set forth by everyone's good friend, Kyle), but now, in this instance, now everybody's mad that LVP wasn't carrying a grudge against Dorit long enough or, better yet, that she was mad at Dorit but not acting out about it enough. 🙄

I don’t think Lisa’s such a great manipulator; more just a shady bitch.  I think they were all annoyed by Dorit at the photo shoot - the guy said something like a normal person, and Lisa acts like it’s no big deal but then is all rude with the innuendo about them not being friends at her birthday party.  This year she does the dinner to supposedly settle things, tells the employees not to talk about it, and then she was having a grand old time insulting Dorit on the plane to the Bahamas. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Honestly, I think Kyle’s family thinks they are way more special and important than they really are, and their closing ranks is some royal family bull shit.  🤣🤣

All three sisters seem to have a petty mean streak and hold grudges.    Seems like Kyle has always been third fiddle in the family because she didn't marry rich or have the success as Kim had.  Kyle's already broken the family code with outing Kim.  Then, remember the Hilton's reaction when Mauricio struck out on his own with The Agency without telling Rick and Kathy?  Dollars to doughnuts that if Mauricio (or Maurice, as Kim likes to call him while taking his money) loses that court case and has to pay out what he's being sued for, there won't be a whole lot of sympathy from the family.  Then, the series.  Is it fear of portraying family secrets (which most of the posters here say they didn't see at all) or just jealousy?  That family is exhausting.

• Love 15

Am I the only one who heard that Dorit kept Lucy locked in the basement for months?   I'm not sure who said it but I think it was Teddi.   I admit that I dozed off while watching so i may not have the story right. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Am I the only one who heard that Dorit kept Lucy locked in the basement for months?   I'm not sure who said it but I think it was Teddi.   I admit that I dozed off while watching so i may not have the story right. 

I didn't see Teddi say it but John S has commented on Twitter about it. He states: "I’m aghast at the fact that Teddi would continue to reveil more information regarding a matter that has become very uncomfortable for our foundation. We never intended for the extent of Lucy’s journey or the entirety of what was told to us by the shelter manager to be revealed."

Speculation is that the puppy wasn't house broken yet and they kept her in the crate most of the time. From that you can surmise that no one trained or walked the puppy enough and she had several accidents. ???

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, JillThePill said:

Agreed, NeuroChick, and I wish that went for the rest of the cast as well. I'm just saying that I think, in LVP's state of mind, this was real life for her, this really is how she handled it. She told Bravo she wasn't into it this year and asked for this year off. They denied her that, and now we're seeing the results... LVP is not up to it, and these bitches sense it and have moved in for the kill. That's what makes this season so hard to watch, at least for me. 

This is the second time I've seen this mentioned.  I went through the articles, and all I could find was an article quoting Teddi where she implied that Lisa would have been able to get the time off as she (Teddi) would have been able to get the time off, and they work for the same production company.  Not that Teddi is exactly a truth cannon these days.  That's just what came up in my searches.

There was also an article quoting Andy Cohen saying to Lisa, "we should have given you the year off."  That's not really evidence of anything to me.  If my boss says, "oh, I shouldn't have given this to you," It's not an indication that I had previously asked him not to give me the assignment.  It's just an admittsion on his part that he had been incorrect. Where does the info come from that she asked for the year and was turned down?  Not saying it doesn't exist; just saying that I'm interested in this info, because it doesn't strike me as accurate, although I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

And, as always, Lisa could have walked away, regardless of what the production company would agree to.  People in the entertainment business walk away from creative projects all the time, sometimes for reasons just like Lisa's--family issues.  When any of them decide to let the cameras go up to film their lives, it's game on AFAIC.  It's always a choice, and we adults have to live with our choices.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I didn't see Teddi say it but John S has commented on Twitter about it. He states: "I’m aghast at the fact that Teddi would continue to reveil more information regarding a matter that has become very uncomfortable for our foundation. We never intended for the extent of Lucy’s journey or the entirety of what was told to us by the shelter manager to be revealed."

Speculation is that the puppy wasn't house broken yet and they kept her in the crate most of the time. From that you can surmise that no one trained or walked the puppy enough and she had several accidents. ???

Thanks.    I think Teddi said it during the episode.   I can't check because I deleted it from my DVR and won't watch it on demand because my cable company doesn't allow FF on demand.    

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thanks.    I think Teddi said it during the episode.   I can't check because I deleted it from my DVR and won't watch it on demand because my cable company doesn't allow FF on demand.    

Teddi said it during a talking head in this episode. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is the second time I've seen this mentioned.  I went through the articles, and all I could find was an article quoting Teddi where she implied that Lisa would have been able to get the time off as she (Teddi) would have been able to get the time off, and they work for the same production company.  Not that Teddi is exactly a truth cannon these days.  That's just what came up in my searches.

There was also an article quoting Andy Cohen saying to Lisa, "we should have given you the year off."  That's not really evidence of anything to me.  If my boss says, "oh, I shouldn't have given this to you," It's not an indication that I had previously asked him not to give me the assignment.  It's just an admittsion on his part that he had been incorrect. Where does the info come from that she asked for the year and was turned down?  Not saying it doesn't exist; just saying that I'm interested in this info, because it doesn't strike me as accurate, although I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

And, as always, Lisa could have walked away, regardless of what the production company would agree to.  People in the entertainment business walk away from creative projects all the time, sometimes for reasons just like Lisa's--family issues.  When any of them decide to let the cameras go up to film their lives, it's game on AFAIC.  It's always a choice, and we adults have to live with our choices.  

I'm in the same group where I haven't heard anything beyond this forum that suggested that LVP asked for the season off before filming started. To my knowledge, she asked for the time off after filming started. I was under the impression that she had simply stopped showing up for filming to which I had agreed with a previous quote posted here by Rinna where she was pissed that LVP just took off just like that without saying anything. But then reading more, it seems LVP informed production and I guess got their blessing but she hadn't informed anyone on the cast that she wouldn't be showing up for the rest of the season. Rinna was very disappointed that LVP didn't contact them personally to tell them, because she said they all wish her well. LOL.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm in the same group where I haven't heard anything beyond this forum that suggested that LVP asked for the season off before filming started. To my knowledge, she asked for the time off after filming started. I was under the impression that she had simply stopped showing up for filming to which I had agreed with a previous quote posted here by Rinna where she was pissed that LVP just took off just like that without saying anything. But then reading more, it seems LVP informed production and I guess got their blessing but she hadn't informed anyone on the cast that she wouldn't be showing up for the rest of the season. Rinna was very disappointed that LVP didn't contact them personally to tell them, because she said they all wish her well. LOL.

Rinna's nuts - ha ha - can't be doing with her and it's up to LVP's bosses if she phoned in sick - but it looked like she was up for filming but then with all the ganging up couldn't take it anymore and I can't say I blame her.

Because of the way her brother died it must have been worse than a normal death for her to take.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Rinna's nuts - ha ha - can't be doing with her and it's up to LVP's bosses if she phoned in sick - but it looked like she was up for filming but then with all the ganging up couldn't take it anymore and I can't say I blame her.

Because of the way her brother died it must have been worse than a normal death for her to take.

Yes, and also Rinna is an evil bitch, who criticizes an action not based on principle, but based on who she doesn't like.  She is an eight grade mean girl.

• Love 21
On 3/19/2019 at 11:03 PM, funnygirl said:

Dorit and PK are shitty. Dumping the dog at a kill shelter is reprehensible, Dorit playing the victim a load of bull, and the women who are willingly overlooking her negligence are despicable. Period. They're all actively choosing to ignore the elephant in the room in favor of this he said-she said-she said crap. 

I'm sure LVP will adopt an elephant to distract us all from her lying ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2019 at 7:46 PM, izabella said:

Teddi said it during a talking head in this episode. 

I am curious if anyone who works in a foundation like this for dogs can answer my question. Several years ago I had my dog at a local vets for care. One of the vet tech's mother was quite nosy about my life, and got her daughter to provide information about my dog to her, which she proceeded to blab all over our neighborhood. The vet tech was fired. My vet explained it to me, and apologized saying that they took the confidentiality about the owners and their animals as seriously as hospitals treat information about patients. While I am appalled at what happened with Lucy, wouldn' t it  be off-putting for any person thinking to adopt from that Foundation how many people have access to information about them and freely discuss it? Just because they are doing this to somebody who behaved badly, doesn't mean they don't speculate about other adopters ad lib.  At the very least, I feel it is a privacy issue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, RHJunkie said:

Rinna was very disappointed that LVP didn't contact them personally to tell them, because she said they all wish her well. LOL. 

Aw, poor baby. Tough bananas, Rinna. Didn't get another chance to cackle with glee at Lisa's expense? Tsk.

• Love 12

Does anyone know when LVP stopped filming, and when she'll stop appearing on the show?  Or does she film the rest of the season, but only by herself with the ponies or something, so we'll see clips of her the rest of the season but not with any of the HW's?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Does anyone know when LVP stopped filming, and when she'll stop appearing on the show?  Or does she film the rest of the season, but only by herself with the ponies or something, so we'll see clips of her the rest of the season but not with any of the HW's?

Reports circulated during production that she continues to film on her own (showcasing charity pursuits and whatnot) as well as potentially some scenes with Denise and Camille after she ejects Kyle from Villa Rosa. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I enjoy Rinna and have mixed thoughts about LVP not finishing the season as planned, but I always think it’s funny when people who are nothing more than coworkers expect you to check in with them as if you’re real friends or they’re your superiors. 

I don’t see why you’d pour your heart out to someone who is part of why you want out of the show or owe anything to anyone other than the bosses. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I enjoy Rinna and have mixed thoughts about LVP not finishing the season as planned, but I always think it’s funny when people who are nothing more than coworkers expect you to check in with them as if you’re real friends or they’re your superiors. 

I don’t see why you’d pour your heart out to someone who is part of why you want out of the show or owe anything to anyone other than the bosses. 

And that’s what the anger of Rinna and Co is all about from my perspective: they’re seething because Bravo demonstrably values Lisa to the extent that they permitted her to film independently of the cast at large for months, a concession unprecedented in the history of the franchise. The latitude that the network extended LVP this year in effectively dictating the nature of her own participation is as irrefutable of an indication (in my subjective opinion) of how much Bravo sees LVP as indispensable to RHOBH as the year-long delay on filming RHONJ season seven to accommodate Teresa’s incarceration. 

On 3/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, RHJunkie said:

“[Andy] said, 'You know, I think we should've given you a year off when you asked for it,’” she shares. “He said, 'I don't think you were in a mental state where you were really prepared to deal with it,' it was very emotional … 'With hindsight, we probably should've given you the year off.’”

https://www.etonline.com/lisa-vanderpump-wishes-she-had-taken-a-year-off-from-rhobh-exclusive-118906

• Love 9
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

“[Andy] said, 'You know, I think we should've given you a year off when you asked for it,’” she shares. “He said, 'I don't think you were in a mental state where you were really prepared to deal with it,' it was very emotional … 'With hindsight, we probably should've given you the year off.’”

https://www.etonline.com/lisa-vanderpump-wishes-she-had-taken-a-year-off-from-rhobh-exclusive-118906

I'd like to hear it from Andy before I believe it 😏

• Love 1
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

And that’s what the anger of Rinna and Co is all about from my perspective: they’re seething because Bravo demonstrably values Lisa to the extent that they permitted her to film independently of the cast at large for months, a concession unprecedented in the history of the franchise. The latitude that the network extended LVP this year in effectively dictating the nature of her own participation is as irrefutable of an indication (in my subjective opinion) of how much Bravo sees LVP as indispensable to RHOBH as the year-long delay on filming RHONJ season seven to accommodate Teresa’s incarceration. 

Thanks for providing a link. I guess she had already signed her contract before making that request. It's understandable why she would request leave from RH and not VPR - in VPR, she calls the shots and she's not embroiled in the drama though she may facilitate it at times.

• Love 1