Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: D Day Comes Early

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Kate's secret must be that Luke slept with her after she threatened divorce.  Just to keep her stringing along until Divorce Day.  

Yes I am thinking the same thing. That they actually had sex and that's why Kate was confused and continued to stay and deal w/ the way Puke was treating her.

I remember something similar happened with Sonia and  Nick. Sonia revealed that her and Nick had sex even though everyone thought he wasn't into her.

• Love 1

I remember when Steph said that in her previous relationships, things start out great and then go downhill and the guy cheats on her, forcing her to break up with him.  I see the same pattern in her relationship with AJ.  She's playing cool girl right now so that AJ thinks she's perfect and that the relationship is great, but all the cracks are already there.  She's either going to get fed up and start getting real by pointing out his annoying behavior and AJ's going to say she's changed and start cheating on her.  Or she's going to check out emotionally from the relationship and he's going to start looking for validation elsewhere and he is going to cheat on her.  She should be more real from the beginning so the guy can get to know the real her and she should also weed out losers like AJ way earlier.  She just wants a relationship, so she's playing it cool on a lot of red flags.

I think that Luke's secret next week is going to be a dud.  Similar to everything he's said to Kate off camera and the lame lie - my friend was in a drunk driving incident - he tells her things privately because he knows if he said it in front of reasoning adults they would point out his nonsense.  He only tells Kate "private" things to heighten her low self-esteem or to make her feel sorry for him.  If he would have slept with her, she wouldn't have said, "Luke told me a secret."  She would have said, "Luke and I did something and he wants me to keep it a secret."  Plus, she would have looked more happy about it.

I thought Keith's reaction to Kristine saying no to kids showed that he wasn't too married to the idea of having kids right away anyway.  He just switched it and said, "Ok, what about getting a dog first?"  Of course, Kristine said no to getting a dog either because she knows she'd be the main one walking it, but still, it doesn't seem like Keith was being a stickler about the kid thing.  Also, we never got to hear where any of the women said they wanted to be in 5 years.  What gives?

• Love 10

Keith’s comment about never getting to decide anything again reminded me of something my husband said after we first were married.The thing is you can’t decide yourself on something that affects another person but the other person can’t make the sole decisions either. In the end it should balance out but people who are married need to compromise. If you want children now and your partner wants to wait you may have to meet somewhere in the middle.

• Love 6

WTF...Jasmine serving dinner in her fancy nightie...

If Will was turned on..... then the meal would have been put on the back burner...pun intended

Will wanted to eat that asparagus and salmon more than have sexy time with Jazzy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

It’s only right that Blondie Sex Therapist puts Puke and Kate in the hot seat like she did to A.J. And Stephanie.  She told A.J. that he might take his frustrations out on Stephanie, troublemaker.  Why doesn’t she ask Luke why he is gaslighting Kate?  I can’t stand Blondie either.  Get rid of them all.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

On another note: Tomorrow is a HUGE DAY for me as I will find out if I am in remission and can return to work. It has been 15 months of pure hell. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.  I will be a nervous wreck from now until tomorrow's appointment.

I hope it all went well for you! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lids said:

I think that Luke's secret next week is going to be a dud...He only tells Kate "private" things to heighten her low self-esteem or to make her feel sorry for him.  If he would have slept with her, she wouldn't have said, "Luke told me a secret."  She would have said, "Luke and I did something and he wants me to keep it a secret."  Plus, she would have looked more happy about it.

Maybe he admitted that he’s gay? Lol.

*I don’t seriously think it would be that. Kate would have been devastated.

• Love 7
(edited)

I personally hate confrontation and just walk away or shut down instead of lashing out, but I swear if I were in Steph's place I'd start throwing hissy fits right back at A.J. Tell him he just needs to learn to deal with it, gah.

Also, it makes me really feel lonely and miserable when I drive back and forth to work by myself so I'd insist he chauffeur me. I'm never driving alone again!

15 hours ago, princelina said:

Because [Luke] wants to be the one to dump her, of course.

It could be the opposite, too, that he wants Kate to initiate the break-up so he can say he was the good guy who tried his best. He didn't know during filming that only his mother would still be buying it.

Edited by 2727
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

AJ's going to say she's changed and start cheating on her

I don't see AJ cheating on her. I think he knows he's lucky to have her. He didn't have a relationship for five years before her and I don't think it was for a lack of trying necessarily; he's tough to take. 

Maybe he admitted that he’s gay? Lol.

*I don’t seriously think it would be that. Kate would have been devastated.

I don't know - she might be relieved because then it really wouldn't be a rejection of her personally. I can just see Luke selling her some line of "if it was going to be any woman, it would be you" crap.

I think Luke is more likely to say he's bisexual than gay (whether it's true or not). I don't think that he will own up to being gay outright because that would mean that there was never any chance at all of the marriage working out (which might also be true but he would never admit it). 

I also think that Gaslighty Gasbag Luke is going to have an absolute FIT when he finds out that Kate, despite his directive, tells the experts his "secret." Then he's going to say that the demise of their relationship is because he realized he can't trust her.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Will is definitely not DTF, at least with her. She will never satisfy him intellectually because she’s not willing to grow and is oblivious to her shortcomings. 

Will will never be into Jasmine.  I think anything he says otherwise has been for the camera.  I'm guessing from the moment she walked down the aisle it was a big no for him.  He's just making the best of it until they get to the end.  

• Love 15
16 hours ago, lids said:

Well, that conversation between Luke and Kate was the first time I actually thought Luke might be gay. Whether he’s gay or not, he just asked Kate to beard for him. That would’ve been a no for any other woman. Sigh, our Kate is special.

I think you may be right.  Maybe coming out would harm his business?  When they were laying on the bed and he was trying to convince Kate that he was sorry and he didn't want a divorce I kept noticing how he kept looking off to the side.  He couldn't even look her in the eyes.  Kate needs a confidence building course and Luke needs to go away and leave her in peace.

• Love 5

What’s with Puke?  First he said Keith was drinking, then he said Kate was drinking, and now he says A. J.is drinking.  Is he insane?  Maybe next he’ll say his Mother is drinking.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What’s with Puke?  First he said Keith was drinking, then he said Kate was drinking, and now he says A. J.is drinking.  Is he insane?  Maybe next he’ll say his Mother is drinking.

Pretty much.  Every time he points that accusatory drinking finger at someone new, I think, "The lady doth protest too much!"  Might want to have a conversation (and a beer or five) with that man in the mirror, Puke.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Before the show started, I thought I wouldn't like "Queen" Kristine. It turns out that she is really sweet and it's actually Jasmine who is the insufferable, high-maintenance snob.

What point hasn't been made about Luke and Kate? Everything has already been said. I'm dying to know what the big secret is. My guess is, he hasn't really been living there. I don't know what the money situation is this time. Last season the couples got a $10k stipend but this season, homes were rented for them and they aren't getting handed wads of cash. I'm sure there's still money at play for even participating and perhaps they get a bonus or something if they make it to D-Day. That possibility is the only thing that makes sense to me re: Luke. He's in it for the fame and the money.

Current predictions:

AJ/Stephanie: will stay together on D-Day but will split up down the road. His temper and mood swings are a big NO and she knows it.

Keith/Kristine: will stay together on D-Day but will split shortly after the reunion.

Will/Jasmine: will stay together on D-Day (bc he's a nice guy and won't want to embarrass her) but will split shortly after the reunion.

Luke/Kate: won't even dignify this.

• Love 14
(edited)

Want AJ to get as drunk and just be as LOUD and obnoxious at Puke as possible...ridiculing him, calling him out, asking him why he treats Kate so badly, where was he on the one month anniversary...why didn't he have to document when the other couples did...

Keith tag teams with AJ and start asking why did he have the right to insult Kate, did he know all the wives think he is a terrible person, that Kate told the wives his insult to her on the honeymoon...that they all know what a massive jerk off he is...

Kate gets plastered and starts doing her best Puke imitation..his sad eyes...his halting word salad....his head tilt...

Everyone start making fun of Puke's too costly Audi payments, what's the deal with his hair weave.. his phoney baloney hipster facade.....now that's a par-tay.....

Then Blondie and Jon burst in pouring Patron Tequila shots and leading a congo line around the AirBnB.............

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lids said:

I remember when Steph said that in her previous relationships, things start out great and then go downhill and the guy cheats on her, forcing her to break up with him.  I see the same pattern in her relationship with AJ.  She's playing cool girl right now so that AJ thinks she's perfect and that the relationship is great, but all the cracks are already there.  She's either going to get fed up and start getting real by pointing out his annoying behavior and AJ's going to say she's changed and start cheating on her.  Or she's going to check out emotionally from the relationship and he's going to start looking for validation elsewhere and he is going to cheat on her.  She should be more real from the beginning so the guy can get to know the real her and she should also weed out losers like AJ way earlier.  She just wants a relationship, so she's playing it cool on a lot of red flags.

I think that Luke's secret next week is going to be a dud.  Similar to everything he's said to Kate off camera and the lame lie - my friend was in a drunk driving incident - he tells her things privately because he knows if he said it in front of reasoning adults they would point out his nonsense.  He only tells Kate "private" things to heighten her low self-esteem or to make her feel sorry for him.  If he would have slept with her, she wouldn't have said, "Luke told me a secret."  She would have said, "Luke and I did something and he wants me to keep it a secret."  Plus, she would have looked more happy about it.

I thought Keith's reaction to Kristine saying no to kids showed that he wasn't too married to the idea of having kids right away anyway.  He just switched it and said, "Ok, what about getting a dog first?"  Of course, Kristine said no to getting a dog either because she knows she'd be the main one walking it, but still, it doesn't seem like Keith was being a stickler about the kid thing.  Also, we never got to hear where any of the women said they wanted to be in 5 years.  What gives?

Stephanie is laughing at every little thing A.J. Says to put a feather in his cap.  It’s allright Not to laugh at every little thing.  If he’s a big boy, he can take it.  She is not true to herself.  Marriage is for better or for worse.  Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.  How will you then handle a crisis?  Not everything is honkey Dorey all the time.  There are highs and lows.  Marriage is not fun all the time.  Trust me.  I can talk as I am married a very very long time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, SnackyCakes14 said:

No wonder AJ has his own business because he bristles at criticism and authority. It was so uncomfortable watching him aggressively snipe at Dr. Jessica. When she suggested he use words and take a minute to calm down when frustrated, he was so dismissive, and was basically, nah, she'll figure it out from my temper tantrum. I also really didn't like how he kept stepping in to answer every question.

100% correct. I was married to an AJ (actually worse than what we've seen of AJ) and he never made it past a few months working for or even WITH anyone else. The 'sole proprietor' tag was the only way he could function -- because no one should 'tell him what to do.' The scene driving to the airport gave me flashback PTSD -- any comment/suggestion, even the most innocuous, was seen as criticism, and was not tolerated. The pissiness would start (if not outright verbal abuse) and it would end with a silent treatment chaser. These types are 'kings' in their own minds and the king shall not be criticized, even if your intent was in no way to criticize. What he decrees goes, and no one else has a worthy life view. It will only get worse with his age and their familiarity with each other as a couple. Stephanie will end up walking on eggshells so as not to make him mad and to keep the peace -- especially if they have kids.

• Love 14

I agree about Puke's secret. It is going to be another story he made up, just like the drunk friend. I do not think they had sex. She would look happier and that wouldn't be Luke's secret. It would be their secret. I wish it would be that he told her he was gay, but I am sure it isn't. At least then she wouldn't keep beating herself up for not being attractive to him. 

I do hope we get a mini-honeymoon intervention and the guys (and Kristine) take Puke out for a walk and we never see him again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I don't think that AJ will cheat on Steph. He seems to truly care for her (the best that he can), plus that would involve some other woman wanting to be with him, and I am not seeing that! But, I do think that Steph needs to push back on the tantrums and be real with him. And let him know that not everything he says is funny.

I think the 3 couples will stay together until the reunion, but not necessarily live together. They may as well get some more money. I think if Puke and Kate say they want to stay together, there really needs to be some pushback from the "experts" and the rest of the couples. Kate will lose any sympathy she has if she stays in. Even if they aren't living together. I so want Kate to be the one who dumps him. But, she won't without blaming herself for not being attractive to him. She will assume the problem for the "marriage" not working.

1 hour ago, 2727 said:

It could be the opposite, too, that he [Puke] wants Kate to initiate the break-up so he can say he was the good guy who tried his best. He didn't know during filming that only his mother would still be buying it.

I'm not even convinced his mom is buying it. 

(But I do think that is Puke's nefarious plan.) 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG, an exercise in kissing for Will and Jasmine.  What next.  She better wake up and smell the coffee.  He’s just not into her.  Good sex starts in the mind.  She is not on his mind.

If there's chemistry and sexual attraction you don't need a kissing exercise to make out. It comes naturally if you get my drift.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Before the show started, I thought I wouldn't like "Queen" Kristine. It turns out that she is really sweet and it's actually Jasmine who is the insufferable, high-maintenance snob.

What point hasn't been made about Luke and Kate? Everything has already been said. I'm dying to know what the big secret is. My guess is, he hasn't really been living there. I don't know what the money situation is this time. Last season the couples got a $10k stipend but this season, homes were rented for them and they aren't getting handed wads of cash. I'm sure there's still money at play for even participating and perhaps they get a bonus or something if they make it to D-Day. That possibility is the only thing that makes sense to me re: Luke. He's in it for the fame and the money.

Current predictions:

AJ/Stephanie: will stay together on D-Day but will split up down the road. His temper and mood swings are a big NO and she knows it.

Keith/Kristine: will stay together on D-Day but will split shortly after the reunion.

Will/Jasmine: will stay together on D-Day (bc he's a nice guy and won't want to embarrass her) but will split shortly after the reunion.

I think you may be right.  Everyone wants the perfect marriage.  There’s no such thing.  So they get a divorce.It really doesn’t matter, unless there’s kids involved.  Then it gets tough.

(edited)
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I think Stephanie will stay with AJ for the long haul because she's so desperate to have a husband. She'll tread lightly around his moods and every once in a while will blow up at all she's been holding in. He'll get all weepy eyed and she'll let it go. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

My real emotional investment is in Will and Jasmine. I will be so thoroughly disappointed if he says on the ending that he wants to stay married. 

Keith and Kristine I think will stay together for a while but once the honeymoon period is really over and she sees that his idea of a fun weekend is sitting on the couch watching sports, farting and burping, she'll hit the road.

I won't even mention the other couple either.

Edited by configdotsys
spelling
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I, too, give Will a lot of credit for not just having sex with Jasmine because she was readily available. He's just not that into her. Good for him for not taking advantage - and not giving her the opportunity to cry foul if he did sleep with her knowing he's not falling for her. She wasn't offering no-strings sex. 

That's kind of like when/if The Bachelor/Bachelorette has 3 consecutive nights of fantasy suite sex and then dumps two bachelorettes/bachelors within the next day or two. Eww. You KNOW he/she knows who he's/she's keeping, etc. -- to sleep with all three when there's no future with these human beings (with feelings) is unnecessary and icky.

• Love 5

Watching Luke play mind games on Kate so he can keep her around long enough to escalate into full on emotional abuse was beyond disturbing.  It is also disturbing that the experts know that he is gaslighting her and told Kate to have the discussion with Luke.  When someone is in an abusive situation you get them to a safe place first.  The experts should have been there for the convo or told Kate to stay with a friend for the night and talk to Luke later.  Luke is an awful human being and I don’t get why the experts are giving him a pass on everything.  

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

@Claire Voyant, I would be so happy if that is Luke's secret! Well, I am sure all she knows is that he is not sleeping in their bed, until it is time for their morning camera shots.

It just seemed odd that Kate behaved the way she did when the cameras caught her alone in the bed.  I think she doesn't lie easily and Puke doesn't tell the truth easily.   I have an intense dislike for him.  He's not a nice man.  He skeeves me out.  Such a little dink.  

I just pray for her safety.  She doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer and I mean that in the nicest, possible way and those inept asshole experts are about as helpful as a tit on a boar.  

Jazmine needed to channel her inner librarian if she wanted to seduce Will.  They seem so uncomfortable together, it's hard to watch them.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I wrote my post during the show because I just cannot WAIT to read your posts!

Yeah, great idea, Kate. He treats you like shit and your answer to that is to try to stay positive. How much does she need to fully realize that this is a sham and he does not care? If Kate learns anything from this show, it’s that she needs to grow a backbone. Okay Kate, you were hopeful and it does suck but you’re a grown up. Deal with it. If your heart is broken by a guy that you know for a month and through that entire month you have been treated like dirt, then you have a serious problem. 

It’s hard to say this without sounded cold hearted, which I really am not, but her crying fits evoke zero sympathy from me. It’s been obvious from day one that he is a low life that is not interested in her. She is crying for herself because she so desperately wants a husband and instead of accepting that they are in no way a match, she goes into the "I don't know what to do," which plays right into Luke's desire to fuck with her. 

Why does Kate think she needs to explain anything to Luke? And there she goes again using the word “might” with divorce. She is a wimp. Don’t talk to him, tell him: “I want a divorce, get out.” What’s confusing? He should have no say. “I know that you’re not into me so I’m not wasting any more time on you, so see ya.” He’s such a fucking lowlife and is eating up this thing of him treating her like shit and she keeps coming back. He opens his mouth and talks but says nothing but gaslight stuff. This dude is so revolting. And once again, Kate begins to cave. It should not matter what HE wants. She is so incredibly weak that it’s so hard to watch.

Stephanie wimps out when asked about AJ’s diva behavior. Sorry AJ, your tantrums are not good communication that show you care. Blame the show AJ for your tantrum about doing to lunch or moving out of the other apartment. Stephanie’s “I just want you be happy,” shows that she’s so desperate she’ll do anything to keep him because she’s just dying to be married. Have fun sucking up all of his babyiness.

And what is the praise bullshit from the doctor? These are grownups not 8 year olds. Should she clap and yell yay when he does a dish or decides to not be a dick to her? What the hell is that? Buy him a diaper. Put his face on the Trump balloon baby. You know what, AJ? You found your wife by going on the show. The show has an end point so suck it up and stop bitching about it. You wouldn’t have Stephanie if it wasn’t for the show. His insistence that his anger does not leak into the marriage was horse shit. Stephanie’s face screamed that it does. Stephanie made stupid contorted faces in an attempt to evade the questions about AJ because it seems she feels the need to keep a public image of them being perfect or he will blow his top. AJ is totally in denial about his issues and seems like a total time bomb. Meanwhile, AJ, Stephanie was being asked the questions to STFU and let her answer. 

Jasmine’s attitude is such a turn off. “Next time, I better get a 9.” Even the bowling match she viewed as a competitive thing. It’s one thing to joke in a competitive way but she takes everything so seriously like she has to win (or Will should hold back so she can win) because after all, “Happy wife, happy life.” Go away, Jasmine. Will, Jasmine is not playful at all. That was the Red Bull or whatever talking.

Will wanting to coach kids probably stems from his childhood and bitchface says it doesn’t generate money. It generates a lot more than money for Will who probably wants to help out kids and make a difference. Look at nearly every youth sports league in the country. They are supported and coached by volunteers who could be ringing the register at Target or doing something else to make money, but instead they come home from a long day, change clothes and get out there in the community. I've done it. It's wonderful and the feeling so much more than money. I can see Jasmine going to a game or something and having a puss on the whole time or a forced, fake smile. She just doesn't get it. Good for Will’s friends to say Jasmine’s attitude bothers them. Will seems like a good guy and deserves so much better.  

I don’t get this issue with communication that Will mentioned. They are communicating, they just don’t agree. Jasmine made it clear from the jump that she wants him to pay and provide. She tried to walk it back but it was obviously not sincere. They simply are not compatible. I loved the doctor explaining the difference between compromise and sacrifice and the resentment that comes with sacrifice. That is totally Jasmine. No amount of communication can change one’s core belief. What “all” did Jasmine risk here? If they split, the show ends and she goes back on the hunt for a moneybags guy to provide for her. 

So Keith is in "medical" school? I’d like more info about that. Working full time overnights and being in medical school? Does not compute. If you have a discussion with your spouse that the cooking situation is unfair and they take on some of that load, I guess I don't see why one has to dance around the kitchen singing about it as if it's some great sacrifice that the other is making to carry some of the load.

I see AJ is one of those people who turn into more of a lunatic once they get behind the wheel. Stephanie is affected by his attitude and admits that she doesn’t say anything to him. Every time, every single time Stephanie brings up something serious, the look on AJ’s face turns so dark to me. He looks like he’s fuming inside. AJ can be a happy guy. A lot of people are happy people when things are going their way but once it doesn’t, the anger comes out. AJ has been this way forever and he knows how he is. You can’t just flip a switch and turn that off, AJ or you would have had success in past relationships. How is he trying to fix it? By saying, “Okay, I will try not to do that anymore”? How long does that last? Stephanie's non-verbal reactions to him say it all. 

On another note: Tomorrow is a HUGE DAY for me as I will find out if I am in remission and can return to work. It has been 15 months of pure hell. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.  I will be a nervous wreck from now until tomorrow's appointment.

Oh, fingers and toes crossed for you, CONFIGDOTSYS. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Just finished watching this episode.

I just can't even anymore with either Luke or Kate. I know everyone loves Kate but I still think she's a rabbit boiler. She called that "expert" and even the expert wouldn't say anything positive about them staying together, even though it seemed like Kate was desperately fishing for some backup advice to stay together. And like others I don't even know what's going on with Luke. At least I can understand Kate is jsut one of those desperate clingy women who will convince herself of anything just to have a man at her side, while with Luke I can't figure out any angle at all. He doesn't like her, she's too clingy and needy for his personality. He isn't attracted to her, she's too not-wafe-y enough, too girl next door white bread, for his personal physical preferences. He very clearly wants nothing to do with her so why say you want it to work?? Here's your chance to run for the hills so why not take it? Kate's never going to if that's what he's waiting for. Kate will have a husband that can't stand the sight of her just to say she has a husband; she's stuck to him like cement!! So if he won't go then 40 years from now he will still hate her and she will still be asking everyone to basically tell her that somewhere deep deep down he really does love her. Ugh. Pathetic!

Jasmine - dump her!

AJ and Stephanie I thought would make it until this episode. He speaks for her without any permission to do so and won't let her even say a word for herself. They could be a great couple but AJ needs some behavioral adjustments to understand that Stephanie isn't a doll that he plays house with, she's a real live woman with her own thoughts and opinions that he needs to hear.

Edited by Mazzy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I just can't even anymore with either Luke or Kate. I know everyone loves Kate but I still think she's a rabbit boiler.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  I think she knows exactly what she's doing and she's just fucking with Luke.   I wonder if she's pulled that "poor Kate" act with friends?

• Love 3

Some people can not understand subliminal hints. Case in point Kate, she told Dr. Jessica she was considering divorce. Dr. Jessica said something around the lines of "If you decide divorce is an option, we'll support you." Translation: Get out! Poor thing missed the entire hint.

• Love 5

I'm done with Kate.  I have friends like her who continually ask what they should do, yet won't listen to what others say or act on it.  Kate asked and answered her own questions in this episode about how Luke was manipulating her and didn't really care for her.  Yet, she stays.  In a way, her situation with Luke allows her to be the center of attention as she asks for help while rejecting that help by continually asking for help.  Others have noted that if she did leave she might get the negative edit.  But, to whom does the edit really matter if the conditions of staying with a spouse are so horrific?  Unless, of course, one is seeking social media fame and/or a career in the entertainment industry.  Although I'm over Kate's seemingly indecisive behavior, I still support her 100% over Luke.  When he responds to Kate's questions, he's just putting words together without any meaning in order to appear to be befuddled about her hurt and perspectives.  But why would you think I don't like you just because of the way I've acted towards you and the things I've said to you?

AJ better take a look at his anger/frustration issues.  Stephanie won't tolerate it after the cameras leave (she may be at a 'wait and see' point to see if once production leaves his frustrations leave with them).

Jasmine just can't believe that Will isn't falling in line with her demands and expectations.  Whenever things seem to be going well, she starts in with money issues again thinking that Will will finally side with her because he is starting to be enamored with her.  Except for the simple fact that her continual digs at him and insistence on being supported mean that he will never be enamored with her.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  I think she knows exactly what she's doing and she's just fucking with Luke.   I wonder if she's pulled that "poor Kate" act with friends?

Yes I agree.  I see you Kate!  As another poster stated this is how Kate steals the show!  All eyes are on Kate!

Stephanie needs to let AJ  know it's not alright to continue his abusive behavior to the crew!  Blondie is right Stephanie is next!

Does anybody think Will has ever had sex?  He's not a sexual person at all!  True that Jasmine isn't all that but what red blooded guy wouldn't take what's being offered!  Questionable relationship for sure!

• Love 4

AJ last night was trying to say that the filming and production was making him get upset. He was trying to say it in a roundabout way, my guess is that he said it and then they did a retake. Dr. Jessica tried to say, you committed to the process, and he was saying as someone who has worked in a production capacity , there are ways the show could make it less stressful for the couples. It sounded like he wanted to try and help make change but Dr. Jessica brushed it off. 

AJ has been pretty stuck in a routine life for over 5 years alone. Suddenly he gets a wife and a camera crew for 7 weeks. It is not just the filming but the retakes. The show says we need to film you guys making a meal. You think that would be a hour? but it turns into 5-6-7 hours of retakes and it can be overwhelming. I have talked about this before, hey film tons of reality TV where I live. It is retake after retake with little care for if someone is sick, hungry, tired, has to go to school or work. There are 5 separate production companies I have watched film (and even been in a few scenes) on 5 different channels and it is the same. I am surprised more people don't complain. While I do think he has a temper or shorter fuse then others, I am willing to wait and see after the cameras leave how the next 7 weeks are for AJ and Steph. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

My real emotional investment is in Will and Jasmine. I will be so thoroughly disappointed if he says on the ending that he wants to stay married. 

I think he will say he wants to stay married on "Decision Day' because it is in the contract, highly think something is in the contract. Why would Danielle/Cody and Tristan/Mia even want to be near each other after "Decision Day", if there wasn't a contract?

It will be interesting!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

AJ last night was trying to say that the filming and production was making him get upset. He was trying to say it in a roundabout way, my guess is that he said it and then they did a retake. Dr. Jessica tried to say, you committed to the process, and he was saying as someone who has worked in a production capacity , there are ways the show could make it less stressful for the couples. It sounded like he wanted to try and help make change but Dr. Jessica brushed it off. 

AJ has been pretty stuck in a routine life for over 5 years alone. Suddenly he gets a wife and a camera crew for 7 weeks. It is not just the filming but the retakes. The show says we need to film you guys making a meal. You think that would be a hour? but it turns into 5-6-7 hours of retakes and it can be overwhelming. I have talked about this before, hey film tons of reality TV where I live. It is retake after retake with little care for if someone is sick, hungry, tired, has to go to school or work. There are 5 separate production companies I have watched film (and even been in a few scenes) on 5 different channels and it is the same. I am surprised more people don't complain. While I do think he has a temper or shorter fuse then others, I am willing to wait and see after the cameras leave how the next 7 weeks are for AJ and Steph. 

I think you make a lot of important points. Then added to the filming the cast is apparently still working their normal jobs, which makes MAFS very different from a lot of other reality shows because those participants usually have to take leave or something. The filming and retakes are why I laugh when people claim that the couples are getting a free vacation. But not so much because so much of the time is taken up with filming. On these shows, your time is not your own. And production is hoping for meltdowns because meltdowns are supposedly great tv.  The Bachelor is notorious for having a ton of alcohol around but not food, I read about a contestant that complained that if she was hungry she had to eat a hot pocket because there was little food around. On MAFS I guess production can't stop them from grabbing a snack from their kitchen if filming in the home but I'm sure they get a hard time about it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I know everyone loves Kate

I do not love Kate. Her mumbling indecisiveness and inability to straight up call out this jackass is extremely frustrating to watch. Grow a spine lady! Her sad sack Eeyore act is growing tedious to watch. When he said “make the best of it” why the hell didn’t she speak up?  She knows that is a shit answer, but she didn’t say that’s not good enough for me, I’m done. I’m sick of both of them. He is disgusting and she is annoying.

To me, AJ’s temper is not the worst thing about him. I am more offput by him speaking on behalf of Steph like she is incapable of answering for herself. In spite of that, I think they’ll make it. At least I hope they do.

And what is this fuckery of a getaway where they are all together?!? That’s how you know this show has crossed into absolute reality garbage. These people are not friends. They did not sign up to be on Big Brother or the Surreal Life or Real World. This is for drama only to force them to do this and this is not what people who watch this show are looking for. I’m with AJ - get shitfaced and go to town - that’s what production is looking for, right? 

Sorry for all the bad language. This show makes me crazy.......

• Love 21