Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: D Day Comes Early

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Seems Luke always looks for someone else to deflect attention to: bringing up Kate's drinking and all the gaslighting there, the comments about AJ back at the beginning when the four guys had their bachelor party and now bringing up AJ drinking in the preview. Not only does he point and comment about other people, he never says anything when he speaks. It's all doublespeak and questions and a psychotic face.

Big baby who needs a diaper needs to realize that if it wasn't for production, he wouldn't have a wife.

Totally agree. I'd tell them to sue me (not that I'd ever go on the show) but there is no way I'd put up with that for a minute.

Kate saying that Luke did not want Kate to talk about whatever with the experts sounds like a secret that they are both involved in. If it was just Luke's secret, I think she would have said something like, "He doesn't want you to know this about him but..." I was thinking, like others here, that they did sleep together, but if they did, then she's even more of an ass to allow him to dictate that she keep that a secret. 

P.S. I'm cancer free as of yesterday. Has not hit me yet. The last 15 months have been hellish. Thank you for all the good wishes.

The BEST news!  It put a smile on my face. It’s like hearing the war is over when you are on the battle line. Hard to believe. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Keith wanting kids now is shades of Jephte's baby fever before the season even finished. Hopefully there are not enough 'bonus baby bucks' for another MAFS season ending pregnancy announcement.

**Note, my comment on "bonus baby bucks" is speculative snark, but who knows...

Keith and Jephte have some similar backgrounds. Both did not have a father present and had a strong mother figure only. They both have fathers from the islands that went back and forth from their county to the US (Jephte Haiti and Keith Jamaica). The both had strong females in their lives took care of them and pushed for them to go to college. They both seem to be really into wanting babies. Both of them come from families that the family raises the baby more then just the couple. You can see Jephte struggling with it just being the 2 of them taking care of the baby because his family is in NY. I have this feeling Keith would be fine having grandma babysit and care for his kid as much as possible. I do not think Kristine views parenthood this way. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Seems Luke always looks for someone else to deflect attention to: bringing up Kate's drinking and all the gaslighting there, the comments about AJ back at the beginning when the four guys had their bachelor party and now bringing up AJ drinking in the preview. Not only does he point and comment about other people, he never says anything when he speaks. It's all doublespeak and questions and a psychotic face.

Big baby who needs a diaper needs to realize that if it wasn't for production, he wouldn't have a wife.

Totally agree. I'd tell them to sue me (not that I'd ever go on the show) but there is no way I'd put up with that for a minute.

Kate saying that Luke did not want Kate to talk about whatever with the experts sounds like a secret that they are both involved in. If it was just Luke's secret, I think she would have said something like, "He doesn't want you to know this about him but..." I was thinking, like others here, that they did sleep together, but if they did, then she's even more of an ass to allow him to dictate that she keep that a secret. 

P.S. I'm cancer free as of yesterday. Has not hit me yet. The last 15 months have been hellish. Thank you for all the good wishes.

Cancer free!!!!!!!! Praise God! I am so happy for you.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I have this feeling Keith would be fine having grandma babysit and care for his kid as much as possible. I do not think Kristine views parenthood this way. 

Even if in good health, Grandma's may not always be up to babysitting as much as possible, & Grandma's don't live forever, so hopefully that's not his plan.

• Love 4

I think Luke has disdain and disgust for all people regardless of whether they are men or women. The way he lies and throws out accusations without any concern for that person and how it could affect them in future is disturbing. The way he accused Keith of having a drinking problem a few weeks ago really stuck out to me. Luke and Keith have barely interacted in terms of the show and if they weren't put together for the purposes of filming a scene, they do not seem like two people who would hang out. Yet Luke was so insecure around Keith that he felt the need to try and take him down. The cast in general seems to feel Luke is terrible. The way Kristine was leaning away from him during Unfiltered the other week just spoke volumes IMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think Luke has disdain and disgust for all people regardless of whether they are men or women. The way he lies and throws out accusations without any concern for that person and how it could affect them in future is disturbing. The way he accused Keith of having a drinking problem a few weeks ago really stuck out to me. Luke and Keith have barely interacted in terms of the show and if they weren't put together for the purposes of filming a scene, they do not seem like two people who would hang out. Yet Luke was so insecure around Keith that he felt the need to try and take him down. The cast in general seems to feel Luke is terrible. The way Kristine was leaning away from him during Unfiltered the other week just spoke volumes IMO.

It’ll be interesting to see how they all interact next week. They all seem to be on the same page about him except for his wife. 

On 3/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, aphroditewitch said:

I hope Kate leaves Luke but I don't trust the show. 

I also take issue with any guy who 'wants babies right away' and gets in a sulk if that won't happen. No husband should immediately demand occupancy of his wife's uterus. There's more than enough time and her goals should come first.

• Love 2
(edited)

But didn't they film the entire season, including next week's episode, before any of them even filmed any Unfiltered episodes, oand before they watched any of the show? If so, then none of them would've really known yet about all of Luke's antics yet to give him a hard time. They would've only know the few things Kate had told the girls, but not all the details we/they know now after watching the season. So they probably won't treat Luke any different because they had no idea how he was at that time. I'm asking because I really don't know. 

Do they film Unfiltered after everything has been taped, but before any episodes actually air? And is Unfiltered filmed all in one or two days?

Edited by SallySarue

That is the unknown secret sauce of the show...when are Unfiltered filmed in relation to when they are aired....

Think the Unfiltereds are filmed in small batches...at timed intervals...perhaps 1 week in so get the reactions to the weddings and honeymoons, then another batch 2-3 weeks into the marriages  before the one month mark then some more before D Day...

Hard to guess the timeline...

Puke  intentionally acted like a rude, jerk off asshat from the jump...even as they toasted immediately after the vows he got all pissy she didn't recognize him from a few weeks ago, then he continued his insults at the reception and honeymoon.

He embraced and wanted the bad guy edit, it was his strategy to be a d bag to have the camera focused on him for the most screen time...

However, Puke didn't predict he would be such an inarticulate crybaby who didn't know how to redeem himself...but kept digging in deeper and deeper...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SallySarue said:

But didn't they film the entire season, including next week's episode, before any of them even filmed any Unfiltered episodes, oand before they watched any of the show? If so, then none of them would've really known yet about all of Luke's antics yet to give him a hard time. They would've only know the few things Kate had told the girls, but not all the details we/they know now after watching the season. So they probably won't treat Luke any different because they had no idea how he was at that time. I'm asking because I really don't know. 

Do they film Unfiltered after everything has been taped, but before any episodes actually air? And is Unfiltered filmed all in one or two days?

They would know whatever Kate told them during the season and  they could see it with their own eyes during group meetups. 

12 hours ago, SallySarue said:

I figured it was all in one or 2 days, because Jamie never changes her clothing.  Which I find annoying, btw, but I'm a stickler for that kind of petty shit.  My inner  Snarkie McSnarkerson was fashioned from pettiness.  😄  

Almost got dizzy last episode trying to keep abreast of her hair dee do, also.  It's strength of curl or lack thereof, along it's ever fluctuating variety of droopiness kind of distracts me sometimes.  It should stay in sync with the commentary and the topics at least, but alas, it didn't.  

I hope they stop doing that.  I'm like a dog with a squirrel sometimes. Easily distracted.  😄 

• LOL 4

JamieO would be tickled you noticed her luxurious and well curled extensions... fashioned  like a horsetail in last week's Unfiltered.....

First Unfiltered of Season 8 she petted and stroked her newly acquired extensions like they just won the Westminster Dog Show...

Everyone is supposed to wear the same outfit for continuity of filming for the whole season of Unfiltereds... except Keith who did not read the memo to come dressed as before....he didn't have Mom Mom or Kristine to dress/remind him....

• LOL 9

I would love to watch Unfiltered but I just can't with Jamie O-My-Annoyance.  I'd have to throw things at my t.v., and well, I just can't afford that.

So thanks to all of you who take one for the team and post about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

SO happy for you @CONFIGDOTSYS!! And @LOVECAT you'll be celebrating your one year cancer free very soon. Best wishes to both of you! 

The "experts" make such a huge deal out of all the study and effort that goes into matching these couples yet they never seem to cover the most basic things that are important in a marriage. Season after season couples seem surprised that their partner is the polar opposite on questions of when or if to have children. They match a man who wants a woman to be his equal partner with a woman who expects him to provide for her in the style to which she she'd like to become accustomed. They toss together a strong, self-reliant career woman and a guy who's looking for a housewife maid who will immediately pump out some kids? Really?

I've been happily married for nearly 40 years and while our expectations of each other have certainly changed over time, you can sure as hell bet we agreed on these sorts of basic questions before taking the plunge. Surely these "experts" could delve into the big stuff before matching people up. Or mayyyyybeeee they are just trying to make "good TV". Which I freely admit, I am watching. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 3/8/2019 at 7:28 PM, aphroditewitch said:

I think Luke is a despicable human being. The way he treats Kate is just awful.  Any woman who has seen the show would not be foolish enough to date him.... I hope.

• Love 5