Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 25 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Feb. 26 
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard (Hello Bello)

Wednesday, Feb. 27
 Tyler Perry (“Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral”)

Thursday, Feb. 28 
New York Times op-ed writer Bari Weiss; Natasha Lyonne (“Russian Doll”)

Friday, March 1 
Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie (ABC’s “American Idol”); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 1

Ok I see they moved Dax and Kristen's appearance to Tuesday.... I guess to make room to talk about the Oscars and all the news that went down last Friday.  I'll be at tommorow's live taping yet again.  I will report back here  if EV Nutmeg misbehaves behind the scenes again. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I'll be at tommorow's live taping yet again.  I will report back here  if EV Nutmeg misbehaves behind the scenes again. 

You mean "when" Nutmeg misbehaves, right?   

When those g-danged Hollywood lib-rulz start hootin' and hollerin' about politics at the Oscars!  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Natasha Lyonne has made some really poor life choices, but she's very smart and wickedly funny. She likes to make osbscure literary and pop culture references. I can't wait to see if she's on good behavior or if she lets her true self fly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Since when was Meghan for controversy and politics in Hollywood? Didn't she complain that awards were getting too political and she used these things to escape the real world?

if she changed then that's great, but I did a side eye when she said that she's always been for this because I feel like that isn't true.

I'm a little behind but just saw Meghan say she loves when celebrities use their platform to talk politics  what the actual F??

When did this opinion change? And no she hasn't always liked this.  

Eta: Is award season over?  I am so over Gaga and Bradley Cooper.  Dont get me wrong I love Lady Gaga's music. I've never been a huge fan of BC . I'm tired of hearing about them. They are actors and were acting for an award during award season.  Joy's right.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Since when was Meghan for controversy and politics in Hollywood? Didn't she complain that awards were getting too political and she used these things to escape the real world?

if she changed then that's great, but I did a side eye when she said that she's always been for this because I feel like that isn't true.

Thank you! I was about to post the same thing, but didn't want to look it up in case I was remembering wrong. 

I actually agree with Meghan on the Feinstein confrontation. I think it's wonderful for children to be politically aware and involved, but I'm not here for the way these kids approached   Sen. Feinstein and didn't seem to want to listen to her ideas about climate change.

Sunny seems to forget that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were playing characters who loved each other passionately. She's smarter than this. It's not like the poor, poor girlfriend just learned about Cooper's career as an actor that day. By the way, I liked the Oscars better without hosts.

• Love 19

Meghan last week: I assume all actors hate Trump!

Meghan today: I'm not one of those people who think actors should stay the blank out of politics

Spike Lee is not the one to mess with and he's very outspoken so that's probably why she suddenly changed her tune. She'll be back to trashing actors and their political beliefs soon, I'm sure. Abby said it herself - don't mess with Spike Lee, it won't end well. 

And I agree @Haleth , Sunny was annoying during the conversation about Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. They have incredible chemistry but they're also actors. I loved the performance, personally. And I also agree with you about actually liking the show without a host. I was flipping through channels but what I did see, I liked. 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Exactly. Is it Opposite Day?  She's the one who always complains about celebrities who get political on tv. 

I'm also annoyed with Sunny today. Her church lady side eye about Gaga and Cooper, actors performing while the girlfriend was in the audience was silly.  Really?  Sunny needs to stop projecting her cheating anxiety onto other people. Actors, Sunny!  (And, btw, the show was better without hosts.  We don't need dance numbers.)

My mother, who rarely says anything about these ladies (although she finds Meghan irritating), said to me:  "Abby is a prude from the 14th century", and talked of Sunny's pearly clutching.  My mom can be quite the prude herself, so this was saying a lot.

People who closely followed the Oscar campaign for months, seem to believe Gaga and Cooper can't stand each other.  The best chemistry is completely natural and does not require sex or even romance.  

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan last week: I assume all actors hate Trump!

Meghan today: I'm not one of those people who think actors should stay the blank out of politics

Spike Lee is not the one to mess with and he's very outspoken so that's probably why she suddenly changed her tune. She'll be back to trashing actors and their political beliefs soon, I'm sure. Abby said it herself - don't mess with Spike Lee, it won't end well. 

And I agree @Haleth , Sunny was annoying during the conversation about Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. They have incredible chemistry but they're also actors. I loved the performance, personally. And I also agree with you about actually liking the show without a host. I was flipping through channels but what I did see, I liked. 

Ahh, yes this makes sense regarding Spike Lee. I was like what the hell is this woman talking about? I started sputtering Colin Kaepernick's name, then realized I was alone and my dog was watching me lol.  Slipped him a treat. Promised him MM would not ruin our walk after the show was over.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

I want to be the first to crow and say: "I TOLD YOU SO!" I told y'all Whoopi wasn't gonna be a "gotcha! I'm hosting Oscars after all!" like some people consipirized! (Yes! I just made up that word!) Didn't believe that she was sick. I cracked up at Tiny, Amy and Maya walking up and fake posing for USA Today, that they were hosting!🤣🤣 I actually would have loved it if they had.

Meghan is just FULL OF SHIT. That is all. I only watched a few acceptance speeches, but I don't think, other than Maya, Spike, and someone else who I'm blanking on, and Rami, I think, got a little political. But so the fuck what?

Cooper and Gaga did NOTHING for me. I listened to the first few bars and then hit the fast forward. Despite that thing that Christian Bale continues to put on, hiding is very beautiful and sexay face, I was looking for each time the camera panned to him. What?

• Love 13

Sunny's church lady ways are so annoying. Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper are actors, it is their job to sell their characters' love for each other.  I am pretty sure Bradley Cooper's girlfriend has no problems with his line of work that pays him really well. Her bringing up Angelina Jolie was irrelevant, Jennifer and Brad Pitt's marriage was over before he got with Angelina, they just did not go public with it.  

Megan is such a liar and she knew wisely not to go after Spike Lee. It would not end well for her.  Black tweeter would have had a field day with her.  

I think that the Oscars should go host free from now on. I am bummed that Black Panther did not get the coveted Best Picture Oscar.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed Meghan's change of opinion that she know likes when celebrities state political opinions at Award Shows. Hopefully she is changing for the better, but I doubt it.

She expects us to let down our guard.   HAhaHAhaHA!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am bummed that Black Panther did not get the coveted Best Picture Oscar.

There were many moviegoer favorites, so I assume the same with the voters.  A lot of popular choices this year and too many split votes.  On a personal note, two of my son's good friends won the Oscar for "Spider-Man."  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

There were many moviegoer favorites, so I assume the same with the voters.  A lot of popular choices this year and too many split votes.  On a personal note, two of my son's good friends won the Oscar for "Spider-Man."  

It was a goodnight for Marvel... Black Panther got at least 3 Oscars and Spider-Man got an Oscar as well..

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I want to be the first to crow and say: "I TOLD YOU SO!" I told y'all Whoopi wasn't gonna be a "gotcha! I'm hosting Oscars after all!" like some people consipirized! (Yes! I just made up that word!) Didn't believe that she was sick.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  I DID believe that she was sick...but I thought she was malingering so she could be an Oscar presenter.  I apologize to YOU, GHScorpiosRule and to Mrs. Goldberg.  I also thought she was lying low during all the Blackface mess.

20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cooper and Gaga did NOTHING for me.

Their PR machine should get an award.  Lady Gaga's "looks of love" and professions of same at her various (too many)performances/talk shows/functions were meant to suck in romantics like Sunny.  It's an ACT, Mrs. Hostin.  They lusted for that win and worked HARD for it.  I commend Bradley Cooper for his hard work and hand in everything on that film...but was he/the film really THAT good?  I think even he was tired of the hype...finally.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny's church lady ways are so annoying. Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper are actors, it is their job to sell their characters' love for each other.  I am pretty sure Bradley Cooper's girlfriend has no problems with his line of work that pays him really well. Her bringing up Angelina Jolie was irrelevant, Jennifer and Brad Pitt's marriage was over before he got with Angelina, they just did not go public with it.  

Sunny is so sappy! For someone who is educated, she always  goes down a strange path at times!

There was no reason to bring up Angelina/Brad.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Anyone notice how lately MM has been interrupting Joy right at the beginning of the show: during the welcome, intro of first topic, or before Joy can open her mouth? 

She's  done it several times-- today and last week. 

I hate MM. 

Joy is a professionally awesome moderator. Or just awesome totally. 

Stay home,  Whoopi, as long as it takes for you to be really well. Or longer.  

Meghan is such a child. Engaging the audience before Joy opens the show is just her way of getting back at Joy for the "hissy fit" comment. Pandering to audience members is all a game.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  I DID believe that she was sick...but I thought she was malingering so she could be an Oscar presenter.  I apologize to YOU, GHScorpiosRule and to Mrs. Goldberg.  I also thought she was lying low during all the Blackface mess.

Their PR machine should get an award.  Lady Gaga's "looks of love" and professions of same at her various (too many)performances/talk shows/functions were meant to suck in romantics like Sunny.  It's an ACT, Mrs. Hostin.  They lusted for that win and worked HARD for it.  I commend Bradley Cooper for his hard work and hand in everything on that film...but was he/the film really THAT good?  I think even he was tired of the hype...finally.

Whoopie needed to not speak about the Blackface controversies and the show wisely avoided talking about them.

Lady GaGa was just too thirsty for the Best Actress Oscar and it probably worked against her.  Bradley Cooper is just so damn handsome; I know it is shallow but I like saying it, lol.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

(...We don't need dance numbers.)

Edited 51 minutes ago by Haleth

So you didn't see drag dance number on the Independent Spirit Awards?  It would have been fabulous at the Oscars.

(I hope this edit works...I accidentally quoted RedHeadZombie instead of Haleth)

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

People who closely followed the Oscar campaign for months, seem to believe Gaga and Cooper can't stand each other.

I LOVE this and yearn for it to be true...apologies to the hopelessly romantic, gullible, prudish...yet pontificating Former Prosecuter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Joy is a professionally awesome moderator. Or just awesome totally. 

Stay home,  Whoopi, as long as it takes for you to be really well. Or longer.  

Her comedic timing is great, her jokes land well, she knows when to be serious and she allows the ladies to talk without butting in and rambling on and on about nothing. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

There was no reason to bring up Angelina/Brad.

That is one couple out of thousands of onscreen couplings.  For Sunny to imply there was any hanky panky going on between Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper is insulting. To them and all actors.

• Love 17

I was just coming to post about the absolute hypocrisy that falls out of MM’s mouth but, y’all said it a lot better than I ever could.  I think instead of her husbands talking points and “so called facts” she keeps on her precious blue cards, she needs to keep a card specifically to remind herself of her previous opinions.  We all know you have no idea what you’re talking about Meg, don’t make it so obvious that you don’t either!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who found Sunny's 'horror' at GaGa and Bradley's supposed sultry duet childish.   Did she not think that number was choreographed to the hilt beforehand and that it was mimicking the movie characters?   When was she born, anyway?  Because she's acting like it's the 1950s.   it's hard to think of her as a once-tough prosecutor, as she is so incredibly gullible and naive.   I also question her self-confidence, because she's so suspicious of workplace romances.  (Not that they don't happen, but you know what I mean).  Manny probably has to sign a pledge before he goes off to the hospital that he'll only communicate with the nurses through a third party.  --  Sunny is really really really beginning to bug me.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Guys, I think we might want to check the weather report for hell freezing over because I agree with Meghan about those kids with Diane Feinstein.  I do think they were being used as props.  Granted, that doesn't me that these kids aren't truly worried about climate change.  I just saw an article about all the anxiety felt by people because of climate change.  But it just feels manipulative to use these kids to get an audience with the Senator.

And just when I was having good feelings towards Meghan, she asked Joy if Larry Kramer was a child.  Lord, it is so frustrating that Abby and Meghan don't know contemporary history.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I commend Bradley Cooper for his hard work and hand in everything on that film...but was he/the film really THAT good?  I think even he was tired of the hype...finally.

Haha!  I loved the movie and was hoping it would win more awards. They had amazing chemistry as characters (but I don’t believe the actors have anything going on).

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cooper and Gaga did NOTHING for me. I listened to the first few bars and then hit the fast forward.

Gasp!  

1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

So you didn't see drag dance number on the Independent Spirit Awards?  It would have been fabulous at the Oscars.

Nope. I never watch awards shows but only tuned in to this one to see Gaga perform and hoped they’d win a few. (Happy for Rami Malek too. He was fantastic.)

I love Joy but wish she’d make pop culture references that were a little more current. Bogart and Bacall?  Hepburn and Tracy?  It’s not 1950 anymore. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I seem to recall that a while ago, at the time it was announced there would be no host for the Oscars, Whoopi suggested that they should have Queen perform “We are the Champions” to begin the show. Obviously, the academy was  listening to her!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I can't believe they did a segment on the Dianne Feinstein video hoopla based on the edited version of the interaction she had with those kids. Who am I kidding? Of course they didn't care to discuss the full length video and how the encounter was twisted by some who are too quick to react. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I seem to recall that a while ago, at the time it was announced there would be no host for the Oscars, Whoopi suggested that they should have Queen perform “We are the Champions” to begin the show. Obviously, the academy was  listening to her!!

Or they had already decided for themselves to do that? I'm just a plebian, but I don't think the Academy has any say what songs they were going to perform?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, cathaireverywhere said:

And just when I was having good feelings towards Meghan, she asked Joy if Larry Kramer was a child.  Lord, it is so frustrating that Abby and Meghan don't know contemporary history.  

MM told Bradley Copper and Lady Gaga to "go ahead and pull the trigger"  because there's a child involved.  Then she follows it with asking if Larry Kramer is a child?!

She really reaches new levels of ignorance and stupidity everyday.  Her ignorance and stupidity is so strong and pervasive it's starting to affect Sunny.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I honestly think that Whoopi had zero to with Queen playing their stadium rock anthem. 

• Love 10

JanBroberg.jpg.8eb6eff390d932840370d0c3c9c21245.jpg

3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Guys, if you haven't, watch Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. That this woman was able to come out of it so strong and wonderful is absolutely amazing. 

Jan Broberg IS strong enough.

• The View's hair and make-up people did her no favors!
  • She has been a working actress for years; check out IMDB.
  • Here's a better photo without the scary eyebrows, shadow, and lipstick.
Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Tosia said:

Anyone notice how lately MM has been interrupting Joy right at the beginning of the show: during the welcome, intro of first topic, or before Joy can open her mouth?

I think it's starting to get to Joy too, because there was a moment, I can't remember exactly when, where Meghan again interrupted her and you saw for a brief second the irritation on Joy's face. Honestly, I'm impressed Joy can keep her cool at all, all those years as a teacher I imagine.

Sunny is definitely irritating when she gets in that mode. She gets this pleading, pouty tone in her voice which is so annoying. "I want to see them daaaaaaance." Ugh.

Joy was a bit thick today with Jan Broberg, when she could not understand how the alien story would appear to a child. That documentary is horrifying and fascinating and well worth watching, and the point Jan made there and made on the show again today which I thought was really well put is that when you are indoctrinated with the idea that there is a Mary, Joseph and Jesus and this story is presented as the truth, then it's hardly a stretch to go from that to believing your mother is your mother but your real father is an extraterrestrial being. I don't know why Joy was having trouble with getting that.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Bad, bad grammar. Oh so bad!
  • Love 11

I wouldn’t define taking kids to a tour or event at the Capitol as “using kids as a prop.”  It’s possible they simply ran into Sen. Feinstein or had an appointment with her.   Since Meghan was obviously not one of the smart kids in school, she probably doesn’t understand that there are children who are inquisitive, who do some research before going on an important field trip--and who care about our world and are yearning to discuss topics with an adult who could make a difference.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Sunny is definitely irritating when she gets in that mode. She gets this pleading, pouty tone in her voice which is so annoying. "I want to see them daaaaaaance." Ugh.

Yeah I found that childlike and silly. 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or they had already decided for themselves to do that? I'm just a plebian, but I don't think the Academy has any say what songs they were going to perform?

I agree, the production team decides.  The Academy is HUGE and diverse; no way would that work out well.  And that was THE most obvious song to sing!   

• Love 8