Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I thought Sunny’s reaction to Gaga and Cooper was funny.  Then Joy trying to make a point about chemistry names celebs who were romantically connected. It could have been a sketch on Saturday night live LOL. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Oh, Abby has the vapors again!   Actually!

“Their chemistry is so hot, it actually scared me!  You cannot act…” 

"I actually wanted to leave the room” because of the REAL-LIFE sexual tension between Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

I giggle over her silly and earnest comments!

Her early years of old-fashioned forced prudery have remained in the recesses of her brain............

Do you think that Sunny's and Abby's husbands actually think all women think and act like that?

Edited by HaaCHOO
Decided to feature "actually." Added the husbands.
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Guess there’s no reason to have awards for “best” actor, actress, etc.  Obviously, none of these people are ACTING.  They’re simply thrown into true passionate affairs, real bank robberies, real murders or running a government and it’s caught onscreen.   GEEZ, Louise!

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Joy, Joy, Joy…when are you going to adhere to the “jargon” of the show?  You don’t say simply, “Selma Hayak has been here many times.” 

You are to say, “Selma is A Friend of the Show.”  EGAD, woman!  Just be glad that Sunny didn't catch that one (her heart was still a-flutter from the Sexual Tension Exhibition Awards).

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Well, there was a new one today.....MM and using kids as a prop. Just who used those kids as a prop - Feinstein?

Seems to me- reading her twitter - she was hauled around as a prop growing up....and why she feels so entitled to be a pundint.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, ari333 said:

Ah bee has huge lips, but it looks like they use  liner around the outside of  her lips to make them look more huge

You're right..I see it now. Why make them look bigger...why?!

Oh, and thanks to whichever of you posted that Ahbee's lips looked like two wiggly worms, that's all I can see now. 🙄

rps20190225_194508.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Even Bradley said they wanted to give the audience what they wanted. I personally don’t care I love them both and the song. ❤️

Sorry everyone I was supposed to be at the show this morning but the high winds all last night and early this morning, knocked out my power. So I skipped the live taping. And besides just thinking about standing in the cold and dangerous high winds after standing 2 hours last week for Colbert, I’m pooped. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Even Bradley said they wanted to give the audience what they wanted. I personally don’t care I love them both and the song. ❤️

Sorry everyone I was supposed to be at the show this morning but the high winds all last night and early this morning, knocked out my power. So I skipped the live taping. And besides just thinking about standing in the cold and dangerous high winds after standing 2 hours last week for Colbert, I’m pooped. 

Excellent excuse!!  I don't blame you.  (I took my garbage to the bins in my back alley today & nearly froze to death!!!  Record low temperatures almost the whole month of February here in Calgary!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
Additional info.
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
8 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I seem to recall that a while ago, at the time it was announced there would be no host for the Oscars, Whoopi suggested that they should have Queen perform “We are the Champions” to begin the show. Obviously, the academy was  listening to her!!

Or they had already decided for themselves to do that? I'm just a plebian, but I don't think the Academy has any say what songs they were going to perform?

From Variety on 2/25:   Queen’s open might have been “Bohemian Rhapsody,” but that idea was shelved due to time constraints.  “Bohemian Rhapsody” is not a short song. That’s part of the reason why Queen and Adam Lambert ultimately went with the one-two punch of “We Will Rock You” and “We Are the Champions.”  “‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ was talked about because that’s a roller coaster of a number,” Mills said. “But at the end of the day, those two songs really had the right energy and you were able to get you right into the show.” 
The idea of Queen opening the show was inspired by the energy in 2017 when Justin Timberlake opened the ceremony. “You rarely get an opportunity to organically include some music,” Mills said. “Queen had just made sense because of the movie. It was great to be able to use a rocker to open the show. It wasn’t the normal, stately opening that you normally see.” 

(Mills is Rob Mills, ABC’s senior VP of alternative series, specials, and late-night programming). 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Joy was a bit thick today with Jan Broberg, when she could not understand how the alien story would appear to a child. That documentary is horrifying and fascinating and well worth watching, and the point Jan made there and made on the show today again which I thought was really well put is that when you are indocrinated with the idea that there is a Mary, Joseph and Jesus and their story is the truth, then it's hardly a stretch to go from that to believing your mother is your mother but your real father is an extraterrestrial being. I don't know why Joy was having trouble with getting that.

They also say the best lie is based on the truth.  So, Jan's molester using the story of Jesus Mary and Joseph to manipulate her was so scary. Joy was off her game today and she kept on interrupting Jan with her questions, instead of letting her tell her story. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who found Sunny's 'horror' at GaGa and Bradley's supposed sultry duet childish.   Did she not think that number was choreographed to the hilt beforehand and that it was mimicking the movie characters?   When was she born, anyway?  Because she's acting like it's the 1950s.   it's hard to think of her as a once-tough prosecutor, as she is so incredibly gullible and naive.   I also question her self-confidence, because she's so suspicious of workplace romances.  (Not that they don't happen, but you know what I mean).  Manny probably has to sign a pledge before he goes off to the hospital that he'll only communicate with the nurses through a third party.  --  Sunny is really really really beginning to bug me.  

Well, I WAS born in the 50's, and I didn't react at all the way Sunny did.  Nor did anyone I know, including my 87 year old mother.  I don't think we have to be of a particular age or even particularly savvy to realize that this was a performance by two people who are very good at what they do.  Singing a song is performing, and for sure they rehearsed every bit of it over and over beforehand.  How does Sunny not realize that?  

I agree that she often comes across as very gullible and naive.  She seems to view herself as a sophisticated, accomplished, and worldly woman, but so much of what she says just flies in the face of that.  She really does seem to be extremely sheltered and out of touch with the real world.

5 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Sunny is definitely irritating when she gets in that mode. She gets this pleading, pouty tone in her voice which is so annoying. "I want to see them daaaaaaance." Ugh.

That bugs me too.  She seems to think that little girl whiny, pouting thing is adorable.   Maybe it gets a good response from Manny.  Who knows?  But it's certainly annoying on this show.

She has gone down quite a bit in my estimation recently.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Well, I WAS born in the 50's, and I didn't react at all the way Sunny did.  Nor did anyone I know, including my 87 year old mother.

13 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

When was she born, anyway?  Because she's acting like it's the 1950s. 

Count me in: circa 1940.    I'm beginning to think she started creating "her" character when she was a pre-teen.  The good girl (the best girl). The perfect daughter.  The perfect Catholic.  The perfect wife and mother who YEARNS for the status and wealth of Barbara Streisand, Oprah Winfrey, Diana Ross, etc.  Somewhere in her may be a lot of fakery...we just have to watch and figure it out.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They also say the best lie is based on the truth.  So, Jan's molester using the story of Jesus Mary and Joseph to manipulate her was so scary. Joy was off her game today and she kept on interrupting Jan with her questions, instead of letting her tell her story. 

OMGosh! I just watched this on Netflix, and I can't believe how f'ing clueless that poor woman's parents were!

(I guess we were much more trusting back then.)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Well, I WAS born in the 50's, and I didn't react at all the way Sunny did.  Nor did anyone I know, including my 87 year old mother.  I don't think we have to be of a particular age or even particularly savvy to realize that this was a performance by two people who are very good at what they do.

You misunderstood me, but truthfully I couldn't figure out how to say what I really meant; I knew my post didn't convey my thoughts properly.  Sorry.  -   It's not that Sunny was acting like she was born in the 50s, but rather that she was acting 'buttoned up' or straitlaced about this subject (a 50s reaction?) .    I'm still not articulating it well at all.   Suffice it to say things are more 'enlightened' in this day and age, if that makes any sense.  -     On a lighter note, I'm not some young 'whipper-snapper', lol.  I was a child in the fifties and do not look upon that time through rose-colored glasses.  I think we're all much more self-aware now and more accepting.   --  Okay, I'll drop the subject now, as I can see I'm still not explaining myself well at all.   I just didn't want anyone to think I was being disrespectful of people of a 'certain age', and that I myself am that age. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I find they all interrupt their non-celebrity guests a lot. They want to get to the juicy part of their stories within the confines of a 3 min segment so it is rushed to the point of being rude. Morning shows do this a lot with cooking segments too, but at least it’s less cringey to rush a chicken dish than a horrific story of rape.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

I thought Sunny’s reaction to Gaga and Cooper was funny.  Then Joy trying to make a point about chemistry names celebs who were romantically connected. It could have been a sketch on Saturday night live LOL. 

When Joy was mentioning couples who did get together after acting together I couldn't decide if she was agreeing with Sunny or not.  The whole topic was stupid.  Actors get paid to make you think they are their character.  Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were both nominated several times during award season they obviously did their job well.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny sees it as disrespectful to Bradley Cooper's girlfriend - and then they all got a laugh, showing the girlfriend applauding, and saying she was "acting."  (meaning she was pretending not to be upset)  

first -  the girlfriend was acting, but the ACTORS were not? 

Second - talking about how Cooper and Gaga must be having an affair -  that is what is disrespectful to the relationship, not the performance.   Abby and Sunny "FEEL"  that something is going on between the two.  Oh really?  you FEEL it, therefore it's true? 

third - yes, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie had an affair while filming a movie.  But that doesn't mean that  EVERY onscreen couple  who ACT like lovers are actually having a relationship.  there are plenty of movies where the actors portray a steamy love scene, and it turns out the actors actually HATED each other offscreen.  And some actors and singers are gay, but do a fine job of ACTING like they're in love with their leading lady or their duet partner.

Sunny is being ridiculous, with her prudish ways.

🙄

Yeah, "Feeling" makes it true. What the Fuck Ever.

This drives me bonkers. And in other threads in the past, I've brought up the chemistry and friendship between Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfour from Outlander. People were CONVINCED they HAD to be DATING in real life because of the scorching scenes between Jamie and Claire; and that they felt "BETRAAAAAAYED!" When both insisted and finally said they were just friends; that Cait's fiance was fake, etc. I brought up in the past how other actors who can't stand each other have some amazing chemistry. I'll take it a step further--Classic Bollywood--where no onscreen kissing, let alone sex was ever shown, my favorite actor had crazy ass chemistry with nearly all of his co-stars. He was married; most of them were married; he had amazing chemistry with his wife, also an actress; By Abby and Sunny's logic, he probably had affairs with all of them!

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

You misunderstood me, but truthfully I couldn't figure out how to say what I really meant; I knew my post didn't convey my thoughts properly.  Sorry.  -   It's not that Sunny was acting like she was born in the 50s, but rather that she was acting 'buttoned up' or straitlaced about this subject (a 50s reaction?) .    I'm still not articulating it well at all.   Suffice it to say things are more 'enlightened' in this day and age, if that makes any sense.  -     On a lighter note, I'm not some young 'whipper-snapper', lol.  I was a child in the fifties and do not look upon that time through rose-colored glasses.  I think we're all much more self-aware now and more accepting.   --  Okay, I'll drop the subject now, as I can see I'm still not explaining myself well at all.   I just didn't want anyone to think I was being disrespectful of people of a 'certain age', and that I myself am that age. 

I understand what you mean: That Sunny, a grown ass woman living in 2019, is acting as if we are living in the 1950s with all its puritan and pearl clutching attitudes of the women. She's not naive; she's a goddamn prude. Does she think only single people should act as romantic partners in teevee and movies?

3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

When Joy was mentioning couples who did get together after acting together I couldn't decide if she was agreeing with Sunny or not.  The whole topic was stupid.  Actors get paid to make you think they are their character.  Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were both nominated several times during award season they obviously did their job well.

Ayup.

• Love 6

Thanks guys for explaining about the Gaga/Cooper choreography, because:

(Swallows hard, ‘cause I don’t believe I’m about to say this)….I was Team Sunny during their performance.  My eyebrow Spocked to the heavens while they were performing and I was telling Mr. Vixenstud that if I were Bradley’s woman I’d kill him when we got home.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

My eyebrow Spocked to the heavens while they were performing

That's what they were doing: Performing. Why anyone (not picking on you, Vixen), would think they were doing anything otherwise, I...just don't have the words.

1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

But can she spell paradigm?

She probably has it as: Pair a Dime.

• Love 5

LOL at Joy mocking the fact that they're about to cover the Kartrashians after 10 minutes. "These are the 'hot' topics these ladies want to talk about...." You know they're only talking about this garbage because McCain has bitchfits every 5 seconds during political topics.

Even today she was talking about how the media SHOULD focus on North Korea instead of Michael Cohen's testimony, never mind the fact that she didn't feel the Coast Guard lieutenant story was as relevant as the shiny celeb hoax last week and told Sunny as much. Her desire for the media to pay attention to the real issues seems to shift when necessary, just like all her other opinions.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

Meghan "implores" the media to not focus so much on Michael Cohen testifying before congress tomorrow. Ya hear that ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, ect.? Focus on North Korea because, ya know, Meghan said so. I guess she's never heard of news organizations reporting on multiple current events at the same time.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12

I kind of have some empathy for Sunny and Abby’s naivety because I was raised in a very Catholic home in an exclusively Catholic neighborhood and sent to Catholic school so....I know from sheltered. Lol! And I can understand how Sunny can be so worldly and intelligent in her working life but stunted a little in her sexual life. 

Bradley Cooper does nothing for me. I think he’s had some face work or something he looks sort of puffy and I don’t know just not my type I guess and I’m over him, the movie and the song. I’ve read the rumours that he and Gaga hate each other too. Who knows? They did have great chemistry and I know a lot of people in show business and affairs seem to be the norm rather than the exception even amongst the crew so I won’t be shocked if they had/have something going on and I won’t be shocked if they despise each other and it was an act. 

If Meghan interrupts Joy one more time during the intro 🤬 It’s got to be on purpose because it’s constant and she didn’t do it to Whoopi. 

• Love 12

I still like Abby. (She states her opinions and keeps quiet, which is enough for me)

But I think she's wrong with going after AOC's comments, because AOC is fine. Maybe she's a bit emotional since she's bringing two kids into this world. But as someone her age, how can you not be afraid for the next generation? I'm Muslim, our religion preaches having kids, but the politicians are destroying the planet and it's scary. Kids are getting puberty earlier, we have so many chemicals in our bodies, and the environment is in shambles. It's terrifying. And if you're not scared, then you're not looking at the world. I don't have kids and when I think of having them, I just wonder what I can do to protect them and keep them away from everything.

And Meghan changed the subject and didn't let Sunny finish, which is why Abby will always be better even if I disagree with her views.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
  • Screw you Abby aka Princess 2 the everyone does not care about the environment, keep living in your Ivory Tower because your precious party DOES NOT CARE about the environment otherwise they would stand up to 45
  • I knew the imaginary reformed nice Elsa would not survive. the B is out in full force!
  • STFU STFU STFU Elsa you do not know everything about ProLife and why would you believe anything coming from the Marxist poll.  Do you think the reason that she is so ProChoice because of the thing that she is married is telling her how to think or his family or maybe someone she knows wanted to have or something else and use your imagination.  The venom coming out of her voice and contempt as Sunny is ProLife took it to a new level.  Guess what after that exchange MY HATRED for ELSA went to another Level.  GO AWAY GO AWAY BE GONE OFF MY VIEW
  • Love 16

Well, whoever said the Repubs would be harping on late-term abortion was absolutely right!!  In the second segment Meggie wouldn't let Sunny make her point about the abortion LAWS & kept huffing & puffing & talking over her.  Joy tried to shut her up, but had to break to stop it!!!  What an insufferable ignoramus she is!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
correct spelling
  • Love 24

10:20 and I’m boiling already. The hypocrisy of meg going from our planet’s future discussion about do we even want to bring children into this world to her screaming “infanticide!” over and over. It’s a valid question that has nothing to do with abortion. Getting her point out and then just running that shrieking mouth while Sonny is trying to make her point. I swear I would tell her to shut up already to her face because an actual conversation seems out of her grasp. Joy’s letting Sonny rebut now but Meg is insufferable. Meghan just called Dems “The party of infanticide.” I really am starting to have nothing but disgust for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

While I like Joy as a moderator, I feel like the topics have been sanitized and lacking the same punch as before. There are a lot of political stuff happening and the View is all about the political stuff now, but it seems like there are more fluff topics and it's kind of boring.

Maybe this is meant to keep Joy and Meghan calm enough for fear that one will rage quit, but I don't like it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is an ignorant fool, what an awful person!  I feel that Joy did not reign her in enough and defaming the Democratic party by calling them the party of infanticide was a new low for Megan.  

I agree. Meghan was completely unhinged during that segment and Joy should've done a better job at stopping it.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Why is Meghan allowed to just up and change the entire hot topic like that? They went from talking about AOC to Meghan bitching about something completely unrelated to the hot topic. I don't know how Sunny remained so calm during that entire thing. 

She did the same in the first segment. Instead of talking about Michael Cohen, she decided to talk about North Korea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I understand what you mean: That Sunny, a grown ass woman living in 2019, is acting as if we are living in the 1950s with all its puritan and pearl clutching attitudes of the women. She's not naive; she's a goddamn prude. Does she think only single people should act as romantic partners in teevee and movies?

Thank you SO much for articulating perfectly what I was stumbling around trying to say.   That is exactly the point I was attempting to make while I dug myself a big old hole with my poor analogy.  And you even sweetened the pot:  "goddam prude".  I love you!😍

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Lmaoooooo @ Joy telling Meghan as she continues to rant about democrats and infanticide, "okay, okay we got it! Now we're talking about the Kardashians!" I don't even care about the Kardashians but that was great. Whoopi would never cut Princess NutMeg like that. 

bwahahahahaha  loved it!   

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is an ignorant fool, what an awful person!  I feel that Joy did not reign her in enough and defaming the Democratic party by calling them the party of infanticide was a new low for Megan.  

If I had been Joy I would have come back at Meghan with what her tribe is the party of.  And it ain't pretty. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Um... No offense, but only McCain is the problem here, imo. Joy does not become upset talking about topics to the point she talks over all her co-hosts and screams and hollers.

You're right. But I believe Joy had one blowout to the producers over Meghan's unprofessional behaviour. The producers may be worried that Joy will have enough of Meghan and leave the show and if that happens a lot of viewers will leave with her.

Meghan is the problem, but as long as the ratings are up the producers will keep her there and while that is the case they're going to try to appease her by picking fluff topics over political ones. It just feels like the show has taken a back seat to hot topics, especially considering how many news items are out there, in an effort to make sure everyone is relatively calm.

• Love 10