Type keyword(s) to search

S39: Spoilers & Speculation

mantakesfish
Message added by Whimsy

We are splitting this topic into two.  This one now is for the Season 39 Speculation & Spoilers ONLY.  Take season 40 discussion to the newly created thread.  Thanks!!

• Start Topic

It's the same reddit poster who semi-accurately spoiled that Kellee found three idols and was booted with one (it was two) and that the merge would be at 14 (it was at 13 but Jack was sent to jury at 14). So most on reddit are putting stock in their F4 spoiler of Noura, Tommy, Dean with Lauren losing the FMC.

Definitely not the same person who fake spoiled Dan and Elizabeth. That was SurvivorOutwitted who supposedly correctly (I can't remember spoilers from that season tbh) spoiled DvG.

If Tommy wins as seems likely, will he be the most boring and under-edited winner since Vecepia?

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

It's the same reddit poster who semi-accurately spoiled that Kellee found three idols and was booted with one (it was two) and that the merge would be at 14 (it was at 13 but Jack was sent to jury at 14). So most on reddit are putting stock in their F4 spoiler of Noura, Tommy, Dean with Lauren losing the FMC.

Definitely not the same person who fake spoiled Dan and Elizabeth. That was SurvivorOutwitted who supposedly correctly (I can't remember spoilers from that season tbh) spoiled DvG.

If Tommy wins as seems likely, will he be the most boring and under-edited winner since Vecepia?

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.  I thought it was the same person who spoiled everything.

As for Tommy, I think he’d be a more annoying winner.  Boring and under edited probably goes to last seasons champ, Chris, but I don’t know if anyone comes close to Natalie White (which isn’t her fault that she wound up in a season with Russell).

• Love 1

Reading some of the recent exit interviews with Jamal, Aaron, and Missy, I don't think there's any chance Dan is getting removed from the game.  Unless it was a medical reason, or TPTB were able to keep the real reason about it under wraps for this long.  Everyone that's spoken about it so far seemed very much in the dark about what happened.  Including Dan getting a warning, whatever that ended up being.  If Dan were removed from the game for the obvious reasons, I would think they would all find out why, and have some idea of what was going, and look back on that conversation with production.  

• Love 1
On 11/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, kassandra8286 said:

If you were talking about the ? spoiler I wrote about, it definitely wasn't from Reddit.

12 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

A different theory on the Dan is sent home reports. What if Dan is voted out and ignores the instructions he is given to leave Kellee alone at Ponderosa and he is sent home for continuing to harass her at Ponderosa?

Could Dan be that stupid?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Ellee said:

Could Dan be that stupid?   

Dan doesn't think that he did anything. Elisabeth and Missy lied to Dan about what they said to Janet. Missy probably never told Dan that his touching was uncomfortable and that she agreed with Kellee. It is possible that Production told Dan to stop touching people and he did just that.

I could fully see Dan going to Ponderosa, feeling like the entire thing was something blown out of proportion and insisting on talking to Kellee even after being told to leave her alone. Janet has apologized to Dan for everything because she thinks that Missy and Elisabeth were lying to her. Elisabeth was lying to Janet. Missy was not but lied to Dan.

• Love 4

Sadly, it's looking like a final 3 of Noura, Dean, and Tommy is happening.  Aside from Janet and Elaine, Tommy's really the only one whose edit hasn't been as bad, strange, or overconfident as the others.  I've heard both that Elaine goes to fire, and that Lauren goes to fire.  

3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Sadly, it's looking like a final 3 of Noura, Dean, and Tommy is happening.  Aside from Janet and Elaine, Tommy's really the only one whose edit hasn't been as bad, strange, or overconfident as the others.  I've heard both that Elaine goes to fire, and that Lauren goes to fire.  

If that happens I hope Noura and Dean get roasted by the Jury. 

• Love 2

Maybe Noura wins the whole thing. Maybe she goes on a monster immunity run and, well, Tommy has really been blah and Dean is awful....so maybe Noura wins it all. SHe has had the bigger edit of the 3. 

• Love 2

Take this how you want, but the person who spoiled the final 4 and that Kellee had the idols, is saying Elaine is next, That Janet finds another idol, and Dan still has an unconventional exit.

It seems fairly obvious Elaine would be next, as she’s the bottom of the totem pole.  I figured it’d be her or Janet.

If true, then I’m going into a finale rooting for one person, and clearly she ain’t making the final 3.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It seems fairly obvious Elaine would be next, as she’s the bottom of the totem pole.  I figured it’d be her or Janet.

While I don’t want this to happen, it would not surprise me one bit.  Noura’s outing of Elaine’s idol did double damage: it not only exposed the idol, but it also exposed Elaine as a member of the “bottom three” who could find idols - so from the perspective of the remaining “upper alliance” members, Elaine could easily be considered the primary target. 

9 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Can’t remember how it happened but wasn’t someone ‘voted out’ without getting a vote?

Maybe that is Dan’s unconventional exit. 

You’re thinking Cirie in Survivor: Game Changers; ended up being “evicted by default” as she was the only person at that TC not to be either (a) wearing an immunity necklace or (b) carrying an immunity idol. 

Edited by Nashville
Cirie, not Circe - damn autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Survivors United (who I think has Sandra as a spoiler source?) is still saying there is a medevac.  Maybe that's the unconventional way Dan gets booted? 

With no idols left in the game so far (we'll see if anyone finds any between next week and the final 5 when they can't be used anymore, but I'd say the odds are good someone will), I don't think we'll see a Cirie situation.  Which ordinarily I never want to see one of those ever again, but if it happened to Dan?  I'd stand up and applaud. 

I can see Elaine going next week, Janet/Dan finding themselves on the outs and getting picked off in 5th and 6th place.  I wonder how Lauren is picked for fire, and who she goes against.  Unless there's some agreement in place with Tommy, I don't see him sending her there if he wins F4 immunity.  Of those left, Noura has the best track record when it comes to wins.  Could she pick Dean to go to the final 3 because she thinks she has a better chance of beating him?  And send Tommy and Lauren to fire?  That would actually make sense. Or will Dean win the one immunity challenge that really counts, and take Tommy out of loyalty (what loyalty I don't know), and send Noura and Lauren.

Also another rumor to take with a grain of salt (I read this at Clubs That Suck, but the source is apparently Jonny Fairplay, so...) but it sounds like Dan might not be at the reunion, and that others might be absent as well.  The rumor claims they are asking Kellee who she wants at the reunion and who would make her uncomfortable, but I don't believe that part.  Kellee has been pretty forgiving, and I don't think she would want even Dan excluded.  She would likely want everyone there that has come under criticism to have the chance to explain themselves, and use it as an opportunity.  I don't even think the show would give her the chance to direct the narrative.  I could see Dan choosing not to attend the reunion, but I don't know if Jeff would pass up the opportunity to save face after how this was all handled in the first place, and yell at Dan. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Beyond a medevac, there's only one other way there could be an "unconventional" exit for Dan.

Dean would have to be voted out next.  Then he could "will" his "Legacy Advantage" to Dan.  Knowing that it could only be "played" at 6, Dan might try to absorb all the votes, then play the "Legacy" to be the one to decide who goes.  Only to find out the truth in the end when Peachy burns the Legacy, and then snuffs Dan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The only other thing I can think is, Elaine goes next, Dan discovers he and Janet are on the bottom (either because Janet gets blindsided at the final 6, or he and Janet are told ahead of time they are the next to go).  He goes on a Brandon Hantz style rant and gets ejected from the game.

Or just quits because he’s a big baby about it.  

On 12/6/2019 at 2:40 AM, LadyChatts said:

The only other thing I can think is, Elaine goes next, Dan discovers he and Janet are on the bottom (either because Janet gets blindsided at the final 6, or he and Janet are told ahead of time they are the next to go).  He goes on a Brandon Hantz style rant and gets ejected from the game.

Or just quits because he’s a big baby about it.  

Or he tries to give Noura a tongue bath and they drag him out by the neck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If there are still rumblings of a medevac, I wonder if the lingering close-up on Janet's bloody foot after the last immunity challenge might have been purposeful foreshadowing.

Edited by omophagia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, omophagia said:

If there are still rumblings of a medevac, I wonder if the lingering close-up on Janet's bloody foot after the last immunity challenge might have been purposeful foreshadowing.

That thought had crossed my mind as well.

Or....  The previews are showing Jeff drawing a name from a bag.  What if the shocking unconventional exit is simply Jeff drawing a name and booting that person right there?  And ALL the names in the bag were "Dan"?

Eh.  It is probably just choosing who goes to the next set of lessons and coaching from Boston Rob and Sandra on the island of the big heads.

• LOL 2

Disappointing, but I think Elaine probably does go tonight.  The episode description is basically someone is voted off before the big finale, and the previews I've seen are pretty dull.  The one that keeps circulating is them on the beach, pulling a name out of the bag (probably for IOTI).  I'd love it if Elaine goes back and manages to find something to save herself.  Sadly, if not her, then probably Janet.  Who would probably be blindsided to go, but I wouldn't consider it one.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

(probably for IOTI).  I'd love it if Elaine goes back and manages to find something to save herself.

Another thing they've never clarified is if someone can go back to IOTI more than once.  I guess I assumed that once they'd been there, their name was removed from the button bag (with apologies to Project Runway).

I don't understand why people say Tommy didn't have a winner's edit. Episode 1 everyone talk about how much they like him. Episode 2 he says the line "I have to leave teacher Tommy out of the room and bring in the player Tommy" or something similar. He was saved by so many players showing his good social game. He was the one he decided to evict Molly in episode 2. After that and till the merge his tribe didn't lose almost at all so he didn't get many confessionals. He is a power couple with Lauren but he can stay under the radar. He has participated in all decision makings after the merge. I don't see him as a winner who doesn't deserve the win.

Plus I have predicted he is winning since the first episode. 😉

So it looks like the spoilers are aligning-Elaine went this episode, Janet found an idol, Dan had an unconventional edit, and they alluded to Lauren making fire tonight (I'm guessing against Noura maybe).  Janet probably goes next week due to the idol nullifier.

So does this mean Dean doesn't get to make a fool of himself with the legacy advantage, since it could only be used up until the final 6?

Edited by LadyChatts
53 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So it looks like the spoilers are aligning-Elaine went this episode, Janet found an idol, Dan had an unconventional edit, and they alluded to Lauren making fire tonight (I'm guessing against Noura maybe).  Janet probably goes next week due to the idol nullifier.

So does this mean Dean doesn't get to make a fool of himself with the legacy advantage, since it could only be used up until the final 6?

Or she could play her idol for Tommy thinking they’re voting for him when in actuality they are putting her name down and the idol for Tommy gets nullified and Janet goes home the “normal” way.  I’d prefer it that way because then Dean would have played the nullifier wrong which I am in favor of.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

He still makes a fool out of himself helping Tommy win the game. 

• Love 3

Honestly, I'm just so over this season, they should just announce the winner and skip the reunion show.  I feel like it is going to make it so much worse.  

I don't know if I fully believe Varner, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the contestants are siding with Dan.  In addition, I am sure TPTB probably are worried about getting called out.  Maybe not for the reasons Varner said, but for how they handled the situation in the first place.  

• Love 2

Dan’s exit and Varner’s semi-explanation tells why the reunion won’t be live. And the non-disclosure agreement they sign costs them a million bucks if any current cast members blab. We may never know the truth about what really went on behind the scenes. But it does sound like Dan tried some hanky-panky with a crew member, to me.

More from Varner:

it’s not my story to tell. But I’ll say what everybody left that show thinking, it’s not even close to that. That full screen giving the impression he’s in the jungle grabbing producer’s private parts is over the top out of line. It created an image that’s not fair. Like getting a life sentence for spilling milk. That bad. It’s why I’m so upset tonight.

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

More from Varner:

What an ass Varner is.  I’m sure he is from the school of thought that a little touching of non sexual parts of the body is no big deal and if the touchee doesn’t like it they are being too sensitive or a bitch.   

• Love 8

That post makes me feel terrible for Kellee. No matter why Dan was ultimately ejected, we saw what he did to her. And now she has to read that “most” of her cast mates still don’t believe her. I read Jeff’s further comments and he’s all “editing, you idiots believe everything they show you, blah blah” and it makes me so angry. Editing did not create the times we saw Dan physically touch Kellee and her repeatedly ask him to stop.  That all happened! 

What a freaking mess all of this is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

What Varner doesn't understand is that unwanted touching is offensive whether it is sexual or not. Dan seems to think that he can touch young women's bodies however he wants. How they feel about it is irrelevant to him. He acts like they are inanimate objects that he can reach out and use however he wants and because it's not "sexual", it's ok. He thinks he can use them as props or braces or whatever he wants. He thinks that young women's bodies are his for the taking, as long as it's not sexual.

The thought of Dan touching me in any way makes my skin crawl. It would piss me off that in order to participate in the game, or do my job in the production of the show, I had to put up with him touching me. If he needs help to keep from falling, he should get a cane, not use young women's bodies as a brace.

No matter how innocuous the final incident was, he had been warned and I'm glad that production FINALLY booted him.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 14

I sort of feel sorry for Dan, even as a manhater.  Aren't we all supposed to have the right to face our accuser?  
No one knows what happened but of course he is being damned with the worst possible thoughts.  Sure, maybe something happened.  But you can also be sure that CBS et al are covering their legal asses and it may have been something misconstrued regardless of whether Dan is a creep or not.  

He is having his life ruined and no one can say why.  He cant defend himself.  That is BS.  

I'd love for someone to rewatch every episode of Survivor and count the number of times man/women touch each other.  
And of course then there is Hatch who spent 2 seasons naked. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I sort of feel sorry for Dan.  Aren't we all supposed to have the right to face our accuser?  
No one knows what happened but of course he is being damned with the worst possible thoughts.  Sure, maybe something happened.  But you can also be sure that CBS et al are covering their legal asses and it may have been something misconstrued regardless of whether Dan is a creep or not.  

He is having his life ruined and no one can say why.  That is BS.  

Well he was warned earlier and clearly didn't heed the warning.  He might even have been told that if he continued unwanted touching he'd be ejected from the game.  I'm assuming that Survivor is well within its rights based on contractual terms.

But of course we already know that Dan doesn't understand/heed warnings or requests to stop (see Kellee).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I sort of feel sorry for Dan, even as a manhater.  Aren't we all supposed to have the right to face our accuser?  

He is having his life ruined and no one can say why.  He cant defend himself.  That is BS.  

I'd love for someone to rewatch every episode of Survivor and count the number of times man/women touch each other.  
And of course then there is Hatch who spent 2 seasons naked. 

CBS should have learned their lesson from Hatch. I believe they paid out a settlement to Sue because of what hatch did. The reality is that Survivor has been crap when dealing with this type of stuff.

I don't feel sorry for Dan. Kellee told him multiple times to stop and he continued to touch her. He can't defend himself because we saw him touching Kellee and Kellee telling him to stop and him coming up with reasons for why he can touch her.

We saw the images of him stroking Missy's leg and touching other women in questionable places. We heard a good number of women discussing how feely he is. We heard Lauren say that she told Dan to stop and Dan listened to her.

So yeah, Dan might not be forcing people to have sex with him or touching boobs but he is being inappropriate and not listening to people who tell him to stop. He is harassing people, we saw the evidence.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Dan has locked down his social media and chosen to not release any statements. Likely due to legal advice, but it has still been his choice in the end to not make any statements in his own defense.

• Love 7

Whether Varner is correct or not (& I hope he's not), it was the production company & CBS who chose to remove Dan, & cast members were not consulted so their opinions carry no weight except in the 'court' of public opinion. The company would not have done so without being damn sure that they had sufficient documentation to protect themselves against any action that Dan, or anyone else, might take for their doing so.

Of course, one wonders why it took so long! After all, they had, & have, tape showing that Dan to continue to touch women inappropriately for more than a MONTH, a company that 'warned' him a couple of weeks into the show, but did nothing, until a production member received the same treatment that contestants did. Something finally compelled them to act, & it must have been a biggie.

• Love 5