Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Let's Make It Official

• Start Topic

As Porsha and Dennis prepare for their baby's arrival, the ladies speculate about when they will take their relationship to the next level; Eva deals with the stresses of wedding planning; Kandi and Todd struggle with the decision to use a surrogate.

Edited by swankie

I feel like Eva’s storyline about the wedding is a recycled version of a RHOP storyline last season.  I don’t remember the  Potomac Housewife’s name but I do remember she was going to call off the wedding because her fiancé didn’t hold her purse. (That memory has nothing to do with Eva.  It’s just the only memorable part of the storyline when it was on Potomac).

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, swankie said:

I hope while watching these episodes Gregg realizes what an uncaring, self serving person he married twice and reevaluates his relationship with her.  

Gregg has no money of his own. He needs to hang tight with Nene for as long as he's still living. Can you imagine divorcing that shrew? She would fight to the end in order to not give him a penny of her hard earned money. 

• Love 13

I don’t know why but I just am really happy for Porsha. I was crying during the whole proposal scene.

Eva bores me. In the group scenes I don’t mind watching her but her scenes on her own I FF thru. I just don’t care about her stupid wedding. It’s her own fault she’s going over budget so I don’t feel sorry for her. You can have a pretty good wedding without going like $50K over budget.

Nene is horrible. It’s disgusting how she is acting. I watched my grandma die of cancer and she turned into a real jerk during it not gonna lie but my grandpa would never say or act how Nene acts. Yes maybe Greg is being a jerk but he has fucking cancer. Nene disgusts me. She’s so upset it’s not all about her right now.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Marley said:

Eva bores me. In the group scenes I don’t mind watching her but her scenes on her own I FF thru. I just don’t care about her stupid wedding. It’s her own fault she’s going over budget so I don’t feel sorry for her. You can have a pretty good wedding without going like $50K iced budget.

True, and that's why I like her storyline.  I have had so many friends who planned a wedding and those plans just went to hell and back.  What a person has to realize is for many people weddings are a business and their object is to get you to spend more and more money:  the dress, the flowers, the food and it goes on and on and on.  It's also hard if you have family that encourage it.

Nene is awful, but then again I don't know how I'd be if I were in her shoes, so for me it's best not to judge her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Right?  It was really hard for me to feel bad for her that one of her three dresses didn't work out.  Somehow I managed to get married, have a reception, and leave in only one dress.  I think she could make it work.  <eyeroll>

She keeps talking about how she has gone way over her budget...maybe not buy 3 dresses?

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I found this episode even more boring than most of the episodes so far this season.

We've seen this wedding storyline played out often but it seems authentic so I don't mind it. I can appreciate seeing Eva going through the ebbs and flows of planning a wedding and managing her family than I would want to see her fighting every week with her mom who wants to control every aspect of her life. Eva's panic is not unfamiliar to many brides and it seems that no matter how big the budget, as long as there's a budget, it seems almost expected that there are going to be decisions that could throw your budget out of whack.

Good for Porsha, things are falling into place for her and she seems genuinely happy. Not going to lie though, the whole proposal sequence seemed hella awkward to me. Just the sequence of events and then he asked her 'are you ready' before getting down on one knee and proposing and then having all of those cameras get right up on them to take pictures. I know people hire photographers for proposals but I thought they were supposed to be discreet so that they aren't sharing the moment and space with the couple. The performance was great...love the song but I almost feel like the performance should have come after the proposal...maybe they could have danced to the performance as a newly engaged couple...they just kinda of stood there staring during the performance...no singing along, no kind of movement...Porsha seemed so overcome with what was about to happen that as the performer, her reaction didn't really show how much Porsha really appreciated the performance (which I'm sure she did).

It seems starting from next week is when the season should start heating up with the drama...looks like 'nobody knows what I go through' Nene is going to try to put hands on someone. I will not judge the difficulties she has to face being someone's primary caretaker, I will call out the hypocrisy of her  complaining about someone taking their shit out on her when she proceeds to take her frustrations out on other people. She did it with Tanya and I don't know if she's about to do it to Marlo but Marlo would have to do something quite significant for me to think Nene had good cause to try and chase after someone and put hands on someone who was in her way).

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6

The producers must hate Nene.   I can't believe she would just drop Gregg off at the hospital, or that she didn't carry his suitcase for him.  But the producers made it look like she did just that.

I read the comments before watching the show, not quite believing that Nene was as bad as what I was reading.  If anything, she was worse.

She has no self-awareness at all.  Unbelievable.

• Love 11

Your husband is going in to have a surgery, which you yourself describe as potentially difficult and complicated, yet you choose to drop him off and go elsewhere? Wow.  And the disdain she had when sharing that someone had texted him well wishes....  Even Cynthia commented that Nene isn't considering what Greg is going through (which you know Nene will be pissed about when she sees it).

I think I got a speck of dust in my eye during Porsha's engagement, cause I was bawling!  It was very sweet.  

• Love 13

I don't think Eva's wedding is over budget because she has 3 dresses.  It's over budget because she was crying that she was originally supposed to have 150 people and now it's at 220+ people.  You know Mama an nem want to invite Ms. Jenkins down the street, Polly her Bingo Buddy, Miss Delores the president of Usher Board #1, Cousin Effie so she can stunt, Cousin Sheila because Sheila has invited Eva's mama an nem to all their weddings and don't forget Miss Carolyn who's son you shoulda been marrying in the first place.

Porsha's proposal was sweet and emotional.  The beginning of the song is a proposal so it wouldn't have made sense for Lil Mo to come in singing it after Dennis popped the question.

I wonder if Shamari uses a tissue to get the boogers out of the twins' noses or does she dig for gold.  That right there was nasty.

Looks like next week Marlo is trying real hard to be patient and understanding with Nene.  I'm figuring Marlo tells her about herself and she goes on her lil rampage.  I understand a pregnant woman not wanting to be in the middle of a fight, but I was LOL at the preview of who I'm guessing is Porsha saying "I'm scared, I don't wanna be here no mo."  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I don't know about the longevity of that relationship but I was happy for Porsha. Nice to see her get the dream she had been dreaming and crying for for years all in one fell swoop - a man, love, a child and an engagement. The whole time watching the proposal, I was thinking Kenya would still have a paying job if she had done this. 

That ring was ridiculously large. Is it real? Is Dennis's pockets large like that?

5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Your husband is going in to have a surgery, which you yourself describe as potentially difficult and complicated, yet you choose to drop him off and go elsewhere? Wow.  And the disdain she had when sharing that someone had texted him well wishes....  Even Cynthia commented that Nene isn't considering what Greg is going through (which you know Nene will be pissed about when she sees it). 

Even flip flopping spineless Cynthia is taken aback by Nene. 

Cyn looked stunning in her new talking head in the red dress and big curly wig. 

I don't understand her wine venture but I wish her the best. 

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Looks like next week Marlo is trying real hard to be patient and understanding with Nene.  I'm figuring Marlo tells her about herself and she goes on her lil rampage.  

Lawd, when Margo is calling your ass out as selfish ... Its a wrap!!

I've never been in the position of caretaker but my mother sure as hell has to my dad who had 2 bouts of cancer and now heart failure I know it is thankless. Dad seems a jovial saint to all others but takes out all his ire on my mom. We can't afford maids, caregivers, nurses or chefs. The chef and maid part would be a god send, but I digress. So in some respects, I get it with Nene. Where she loses me however, is in the pettiness of her complaints and almost seeming to not get that the man is facing his morality dead in the face. She wants to sit in a bar for drinks with Greg? The man has a colostomy bag - maybe he doesn't feel comfortable or well enough to be doing that. She doesn't feel supported but when he asks her what stuff she has going on, she catches an attitude. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Even flip flopping spineless Cynthia is taken aback by Nene. 

2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Lawd, when Margo is calling your ass out as selfish ... Its a wrap!!

Exactly to both for these! When even Margo (who I can’t stand stand in any way whatsoever) is disgusted with your behavior... 

Edited by Stats Queen
Missing I’m
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Good for Porsha, things are falling into place for her and she seems genuinely happy. Not going to lie though, the whole proposal sequence seemed hella awkward to me. Just the sequence of events and then he asked her 'are you ready' before getting down on one knee and proposing and then having all of those cameras get right up on them to take pictures. I know people hire photographers for proposals but I thought they were supposed to be discreet so that they aren't sharing the moment and space with the couple.

There was a moment when the photographer slipped on the petals on the floor and almost fell.

I'm happy for Porsha too. She's been pretty clear all along that she wants marriage and a family - while the working vs. housewife thing has changed, she's always wanted marriage and a family - so it's nice to see it happen for her, with a man who truly loves her. They definitely seem more like equals than she and Kordell did. To quote @ZaldamoWilder, they got the same cognition set up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Did I actually see Shamari stick her finger into her husband's nose and clean something out of it? *rewinds DVR and checks* Yes, yes I did. 

I am struck speechless.

Those two are always picking at each other.  They remind me of a couple of chimpanzees with all the grooming, sniffing and touching they do.  Some things need to be left off camera, mkay?!  And what did she do with the booger after she plucked it out of his nose?  

Edited by swankie
Corrected a misspelling.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2019 at 2:05 AM, Marley said:

I don’t know why but I just am really happy for Porsha. I was crying during the whole proposal scene.

Me too - she has driven me nuts ever since she split for Kordell but I'm really happy she's getting the baby she's always wanted and I hope this relationship works out. 

On 2/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, TexasGal said:

Right?  It was really hard for me to feel bad for her that one of her three dresses didn't work out.  Somehow I managed to get married, have a reception, and leave in only one dress.  I think she could make it work.  <eyeroll>

Like WHO needs a FAREWELL DRESS?!?!  bitch please....

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I had a going away dress when I got married the first time in 1987...it was the thing to do back then, even my mother wore a going away suit way back in 1952 but now the bride leaves the wedding in the wedding dress.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a going away dress when I got married the first time in 1987...it was the thing to do back then, even my mother wore a going away suit way back in 1952 but now the bride leaves the wedding in the wedding dress.

I had one in 1986. We never would have left in the wedding dress. You normally were leaving right then on the honeymoon. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, bichonblitz said:

Gregg has no money of his own. He needs to hang tight with Nene for as long as he's still living. Can you imagine divorcing that shrew? She would fight to the end in order to not give him a penny of her hard earned money. 

Nene and Gregg signed a pre-nup, she won't have to give him anything he didn't come into the marriage with. Whatever he earned is his and the same for her.

Edited by byrd

I am pa-ray-ink that Nene is doing this as a story line.  It is misguided and stupid, but ... consider the source. 

Otherwise, she is the narcissists of all narcissists.   Like, I STILL think their divorce was either for a story line or done for tax purposes so if they went broke she could keep some money.  Hell, maybe this is being done for the same reasons, if they split.   Confession:  I have no idea how bankruptcy, divorce work, but this is how it works in my head.  I just know for a minute she was making money with a network show and everything.  She is not now.  

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, Marley said:

Eva bores me. In the group scenes I don’t mind watching her but her scenes on her own I FF thru. I just don’t care about her stupid wedding. It’s her own fault she’s going over budget so I don’t feel sorry for her. You can have a pretty good wedding without going like $50K over budget.

Nene is horrible. It’s disgusting how she is acting. I watched my grandma die of cancer and she turned into a real jerk during it not gonna lie but my grandpa would never say or act how Nene acts. Yes maybe Greg is being a jerk but he has fucking cancer. Nene disgusts me. She’s so upset it’s not all about her right now.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, Irritable said:

I don’t know why people think Nene’s being a jerk.  She could have told Gregg to call an Uber to take him to surgery, or drive himself, or walk, but she dropped him off herself, even though she’s going through stuff and things! And she apparently made a brief appearance in his hospital room afterward! So strong, so brave.  Pray for Nene, y’all, Gregg having cancer has prevented him from meeting her at the local bar sometimes, and that’s the kind of marital challenge people don’t talk about. She’s living in a nightmare with a husband who is grumpy while battling cancer and it’s so bad she almost didn’t enjoy her trip to Japan at all. 

I teared up during the proposal. So happy for Porsha.  I’ve had a soft spot for her ever since she dragged Kenya by her hair.  I don’t advocate violence, but i forgave Porsha for that because it was so funny, and I’ve enjoyed her ever since.

I’ve reached the point where I FF past everything with Kandi and Todd. Zero interest in their lives.

Nene is acting like a real ass.. I understand I cared for my father that had cancer and a mother with alzheimers. Yes they can be rude and somewhat combative at times, but you know it's the illness and not them. Gregg at least realized the way the treated her and tried to make amends by sending those lovely flowers and a special heartfelt note.  Gregg must really be acting a fool with Nene for her to get physically violent with Marlo. I believe she's a little selfish , but I have to give her credit for trying because everyone is not good at being a caregiver and she's not able to do it. If it were me I would cuss his ass out and say you are getting a nurse whether you like it or not.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, Marley said:

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, funnygirl said:

I love that Lil Mo song! 

Me too ! I'm so very happy for Porsha and Dennis. I think they are good for each other. I believe Dennis really loves her. I can't wait until P.J. arrives..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Did I actually see Shamari stick her finger into her husband's nose and clean something out of it? *rewinds DVR and checks* Yes, yes I did. 

I am struck speechless.

Yes she did, just nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl, you could have whispered in his ear and let him excuse himself and go clean his nose ..instead you use your false nail to grab that booger ?????

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

She keeps talking about how she has gone way over her budget...maybe not buy 3 dresses?

Also, I would have stayed with the original guest list. Dam paying for all of those extra people.

Edited by byrd
spelling
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

I am pa-ray-ink that Nene is doing this as a story line.  It is misguided and stupid, but ... consider the source. 

Otherwise, she is the narcissists of all narcissists.   Like, I STILL think their divorce was either for a story line or done for tax purposes so if they went broke she could keep some money.  Hell, maybe this is being done for the same reasons, if they split.   Confession:  I have no idea how bankruptcy, divorce work, but this is how it works in my head.  I just know for a minute she was making money with a network show and everything.  She is not now.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, byrd said:

Online Boutique, Swag in Miami and Atlanta storefronts.. RHOA..  Hosting Comedy Tours , talk shows and other promotional events. I believe her salary is the highest or among the highest at least for RHOA.. If she doesn't calm down and get her self together , she will be fired or demoted. Nene mouth will be her downfall, she narrowly escaped with the Uber insult. She digging her financial grave if she doesn't watch it. Nene has a lot on her plate  , the primary breadwinner, she's under a lot of stress, but her attitude was bad before Gregg was diagnosed. It's just her needing to calm down and not everything you think needs to fly out of your mouth.

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Me too - she has driven me nuts ever since she split for Kordell but I'm really happy she's getting the baby she's always wanted and I hope this relationship works out. 

Eva can have an extra dress, but maybe only her wedding dress and farewell, not understanding changing 3 times.  Chile, keep you wedding dress on at the reception because you will be taking a million pictures anyhow. Then just before leaving change into something else. good grief.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, swankie said:

Those two are always picking at each other.  They remind me of a couple of chimpanzees with all the grooming, sniffing and touching they do.  Some things need to be left off camera, mkay?!  And what did she do with the booger after she plucked it out of his nose?  

Girl, I think she flicked that BOOGER !!!!!!!!!!!! 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, swankie said:

Swankie, you are killing me !!!!l Lol !!!!!

17 minutes ago, byrd said:
24 minutes ago, byrd said:

Online Boutique, Swag in Miami and Atlanta storefronts.. RHOA..  Hosting Comedy Tours , talk shows and other promotional events. I believe her salary is the highest or among the highest at least for RHOA.. If she doesn't calm down and get her self together , she will be fired or demoted. Nene mouth will be her downfall, she narrowly escaped with the Uber insult. She digging her financial grave if she doesn't watch it. Nene has a lot on her plate  , the primary breadwinner, she's under a lot of stress, but her attitude was bad before Gregg was diagnosed. It's just her needing to calm down and not everything you think needs to fly out of your mouth. I admire Nene's hustle, but don't let your mouth cause you to lose it.  

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, byrd said:

Eva can have an extra dress, but maybe only her wedding dress and farewell, not understanding changing 3 times.  Chile, keep you wedding dress on at the reception because you will be taking a million pictures anyhow. Then just before leaving change into something else. good grief.

Right?  She's going to miss half of her reception because she'll be spending the whole time changing outfits.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, byrd said:

Awesome.. 

I love Bondi, she's hysterical.  And I have to agree with her about Eva's wedding, that it's all about keeping up with the Jones'es.  She was on TV and feels she has to have this huge wedding to prove she can afford it.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I haven’t watched in years but the channel was on after something I watch,  could someone tell me what kind of cancer Gregg has? 

No words for the nose picking my coffee almost came back up. 

Colon cancer. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Colon cancer. 

Thanks , that’s terrible. So I haven’t seen his behavior. I think she was parking at the hospital and making it the shortest walk for him.  Either way she should not be piling on him about her stress. Join a caregivers group see a therapist. Cancer doesn’t give you free reign to be an asshole to everyone but anger is understandable. She can afford extra help that many can not. 

• Love 2