Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Maja's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

If she acted like that with the Dad, then I can see why he went with the second family and never looked back.    Grandma, and Mom want to do that too, but Maya keeps finding them.     I wonder if the Aunt they're trying to get to move to Houston realizes what a b-word Maya is, and how they'll be treated by her?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

She wants to volunteer -  how about a paying job.

My thought exactly. She's mobile, fairly articulate, get a freakin' job.

I think this is a different wig. Wasn't last week's wig shorter?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, TonyasBlueEyeshado said:

Spouse, partner, boyfriend, whatever.... dead

That was a pretty weird answer to that question.

Once again Maja is blaming everyone else - even asking Dr. Lola why asking her questions would be of benefit to her.......wow, she puts the "S" in selfish.   Dr. Lola feels encouraged?  I'm glad she does, because I'm not so sure.

Scared, path, journey - not sure if she wants to do this right now...yadda, yadda, yadda,,,,,,this girl is something else.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if the Aunt they're trying to get to move to Houston realizes what a b-word Maya is, and how they'll be treated by her?  

I'm sure she does. That's why she hasn't shown up yet, if ever.

• Love 8

I think it’s a way of not blaming a parent but addressing stuffed down issues.

i mean, her dad basically created an entire new family and then stopped coming to see her and excluded her from even family photos.  Her dad isn’t sh*t for that and she needs to address it.

After that she needs to take hard look at herself and assign blame on herself where it is due.  She is an adult who got up to nearly 700lbs.  At some point, you have to point the finger at yourself.  This woman is emotionally immature AF.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey it's Lola! Still like her hair. Not sure I am on board with Lola's advice to have a candid conversation with dad. That could help or go really bad really fast.

I feel like she needs a hell of a lot more tools to help her deal with that kind of confrontation. 

• Love 5

Baby steps, not ready to do that yet, it’s all magical thinking. If she plans to do something it’s as good as actually doing it, in her mind. 

Edited by MJS
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I feel like she needs a hell of a lot more tools to help her deal with that kind of confrontation. 

Absolutely. You don’t make that kind of recommendation on the first visit. That kind of stuff isn’t addressed until way down the road in therapy.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

"No the first fiance didn't marry her after she found out having kids wasn't going to happen, so he bailed."

That's what SHE says.   Wanna bet he's got a different opinion on that??

Seconded and thirded!

• Love 5

If she acted like this at the Dad's house, then I bet the new wife didn't want her around her babies.     She's so full of rage, and anger about everything that I wouldn't want her in my house.    I bet she treated everyone like Christian, and that's scary.  

She's taking a break!     Let me guess what that means.    Even the shopping bags she's carrying are horizontal stripes.   

So is she moving back home, or staying in Houston?     He wasn't her spouse, they were just shacking up.    However, in Texas they still have common law, so if they said they were married, then Christian will need a divorce.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Lola and Dr. Paradise are masters at spotting the manipulation game.  

I remember when The one chick who faked cancer so everyone would still wait on her hand and foot tried it and Dr. Paradise shut her all the way down.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

So Maja is one of those people that nothing is ever their fault. They blame everyone else for their problems. I have a brother like this and it's very frustrating.

Google....narcissism.   Read some of the considerable first hand articles.  Life changing advice with dealing with family issues that are not your fault.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV; realize Dr. Lola and Paradise are psychologists - wonder if any of Dr. Now's patients see a psychiatrist?  Many of them appear to be clinically depressed and may benefit from some mood elevating meds.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Wayment...sushi, pizza, pasta...last time I checked these items were not on Dr. Now's 1200 calorie diet.😂

Sushi will not make you fat unless you're consunming whole fish and 5 pound bags of rice at one sitting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

At least she really did start volunteering.  If anything, she cannot sit and eat while her hands are busy getting gift bags and balloons together.

Also, endless supply of new people to whom she can whine as a bonus!

• Love 10