Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Brandon's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The three who died last season were Lisa (of Herburt fame), Robert, and LB James Bonner died of suicide.   

Brandon is going to have more crises later, I saw it on the preview.  

For those who guessed higher than 718, there's still time for that when he comes back after being expected to lose 120 in two months, so instead of losing he could very well gain.   So it's not Lymphedema?    Ick!!!

Please get his pants back on.    He didn't see a doctor for eight years minimum?   

I can't believe James K is still alive.

• Love 10

Well, that’s a first.  Someone has an anxiety attack over a blood test. What does he thinks going to happen when he has surgery? I’ll kinds of needles involved.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

You could get a job guessing morbidly obese people’s weight at Cedar Point.

Okay, tonight on Jeopardy there was a question about Cedar Point, and also a whole opera category.

2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

She has a name and is actually a nurse!!!!

I love her expressionless face. I always wonder what she's thinking.

Having less sympathy over the panic attack now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

She has gained significant weight over the years this has been on.  She has been on since the beginning.

I knew that but never knew she did anything besides weigh them in and anyone in the office could do that. Taking blood is a skill. Plus a name makes her a person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Wanda said:

My diabetic son has gotten needles multiple times every day of his life for over 23 years you freaking wuss ass

Yup. I use the pens, which are mostly painless. Weak as water, weak as water.

• Love 1

Wow, his girlfriend acts like she's seen this panic attack stuff before. Hey I can't snark because I've had them before and they are horrifying. My first one was while I was driving on Interstate 395, a local highway in the D.C. Metro area, and going at least 65 miles per hour. Terrifying.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, shouldbedancing said:

I love how the medical assistant doesn't care. she's seen so many big babies.

I loooooove her! Her face perfectly encapsulates how I'd feel having to deal with the majority of these folks on a daily basis. 

resting bitch face happen GIF

2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

I knew that but never knew she did anything besides weigh them in and anyone in the office could do that. Taking blood is a skill. Plus a name makes her a person.

I know...took a decade for her name to be called...smh...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Oh lord, DUDE!!! 

And can that nurse be any less caring?

oy!

You would have hated me as a mom. When my girls were young and had to get blood drawn (which for my middle one happened a lot) or shots, all these parents are with their kids coddling them through, promising lollipops or stickers etc. I’m the one who said - stick out your arm and suck it up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

I'm a nurse and this gets old. People will have piercings and tattoos all over but can't handle the very tiny butterfly needle for lab work.

I was in the ER this weekend and the nurses were apologizing for just doing their jobs. Told them don’t worry, just put the needles in, warned them of my rolling veins, and told my husband to leave the room cuz he’s not good at watching lol. Then thanked them and said they did a good job.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wow, his girlfriend acts like she's seen this panic attack stuff before. Hey I can't snark because I've had the before and they are horrifying. My first one was while I was driving on Interstate 395, a local highway in the D.C. Metro area, and going at least 65 miles per hour. Terrifying.

!!!!  I had mine on the highway too at 65 MPH.  I think it left me with PTSD.  Panic attacks are NO JOKE.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I can't believe James K is still alive.

Say it again for the people in the back.

His legs are literally rotting away and he is still alive.  

I know this is cruel, but I would have thought his girlfriend would have killed him off by over feeding him by now.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wow, his girlfriend acts like she's seen this panic attack stuff before. Hey I can't snark because I've had the before and they are horrifying. My first one was while I was driving on Interstate 395, a local highway in the D.C. Metro area, and going at least 65 miles per hour. Terrifying.

OMG - I’m having a panic attack just thinking about that!!!! 

(Fellow DC area friend. Don’t you just love the traffic?!?!?!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

Aren’t you supposed to fast for blood work? Why are they doing it now?

Not these days. They are probably looking for the current blood glucose level and will also run the Hba1c, which gives the average blood glucose reading over something like the prior 90 days (I think). There are lots of other things they can check in blood workups without the patient having to fast. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

"I need help"...yikes

She should stealth insert the needle (and it was a butterfly needle...they don't hurt).

I once had blood drawn and it took three people four tries before they finally got a vein; the last one was a butterfly. I was 27 and no I didn't cry. (My veins are deceptive; I have very light skin so they are very visible but they often have trouble getting a needle in.)

1 minute ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

I'm a nurse and this gets old. People will have piercings and tattoos all over but can't handle the very tiny butterfly needle for lab work.

On the other side, but the easiest blood draw I ever had was done by a guy who had several piercings in each ear and at least two in his face, and IIRC at least one large tattoo on his arm. 

Just now, Azubah said:

She had a very "Oh, fuck this noise" vibe, didn't she?

She always does.

• Love 2

As I've gotten older, my tolerance for needles and blood draws has gone down.  It's actually not getting stuck as much as the needles just sitting there in my arm as the blood drains out...I think it goes back to a badly placed IV I had once.  I have to force myself to keep breathing.  Never actually panicked, though.

3 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

LB died? that's sad

He committed suicide.  😞

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

He's scared of needles?    What a wimp, and I bet he's going down any second. 

Sorry for that tech.  I'm glad I don't have to try to find a vein under all that fat.  

He's acting like a 2 year old with a blood draw.

Uh Oh, he's going to pass out from having that little needle.  If he's having anxiety now, just wait until he gets to the hospital and they start his IV's.  His girlfriend needs to slap his silly ass face. (not really, he's lucky to have her, she seems to understand how to "get him out" of his panic mode).

Think Dr. Now needs to send him to Dr. Paradise before his surgery, this guy has a lot of issues..but then what else is new.  He's not very likeable to me.

Just betting that he'll have to stop at a drive-thru after this ordeal and pick up a couple of burgers and milkshake and fries to help him recover.

• Love 5