Type keyword(s) to search

You're the worst!

• Start Topic

You're the Worst!   POLL OPEN

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Steven A. is a huge douche but the only thing that holds me back on voting him the worst is that he has a severe addiction (to not only food) but to drugs. Powerful drugs. That dude is almost a victim to the medical field that so casually allows him to continue to be an addict. What kind of doctor prescribes hundreds upon hundreds of pain pills to a schmuck that has no self control? 

I want to vote for all of them!!  I never did subject myself to the horrors of the Steven A and still have no desire to, but the rest were all pretty awful.  Had to go with Ow Mah Laygs in the end.

• Love 6

Oh, man. This was some Sophie's-Choice level kind of selections. It was a tough call between James K., Penny, and Juggalo Nicole, but Penny was the one who got my vote.

And I'm still completely annoyed that Penny hasn't gotten a third follow up or her own TLC show.

While I felt that Steven A. was superficially more horrible, I feel like he's too broken to qualify as my personal worst. James K was just pathetic. Penny got my vote because of her narcissism, delusion, lies and manipulation. I felt like a positive outcome was more attainable for Penny than some others, but that simply wasn't what she wanted. She wants her husband and son to be her slaves while she spends the rest of her life in bed. She's the one I really love to hate. She gets bonus points for setting up a "public figure" social media presence in advance of the first airing, which she quickly shut down when she realized she wasn't going to receive Beyonce-level adoration.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

While I felt that Steven A. was superficially more horrible, I feel like he's too broken to qualify as my personal worst. James K was just pathetic. Penny got my vote because of her narcissism, delusion, lies and manipulation. I felt like a positive outcome was more attainable for Penny than some others, but that simply wasn't what she wanted. She wants her husband and son to be her slaves while she spends the rest of her life in bed. She's the one I really love to hate. She gets bonus points for setting up a "public figure" social media presence in advance of the first airing, which she quickly shut down when she realized she wasn't going to receive Beyonce-level adoration.

^^^This. IIRC, during her initial episode we saw that she was on oxygen. Dr. Now told her, on camera, that she didn't need to be on oxygen. But she insisted on keeping it. I believe she was collecting a monthly disability worker's compensation payment (which would have been a determination based on some kind of injury or illness incurred by her in the course of employment). I know a little about workers' comp and if she'd been determined to have a "temporary" disability, her case would be subject to periodic review. If her condition had improved to where she didn't need to be on oxygen - she might have lost part or all of that monthly disability check. So she had a serious interest in keeping that oxygen going.

I thought she was a manipulative narcissist - no, I'm not a shrink nor do I play one on TV. But she lied and fussed and had everything her way. She claimed to love her son but IMO that was bullshit. She wasn't serious for a second about getting her ass out of that bed and DOING things for her kid. 

She's just vile.

• Love 6

I think Steven is in a class by himself. The opioid addiction puts him in a separate category, as far as I'm concerned. It's at least theoretically possible that he wouldn't have been as vile if he didn't have the combined addictions. So I've got no trouble classifying Schenee as the most abhorrent.  I have a feeling that if we had never seen Penny back in her season, but saw her or someone like her now, we wouldn't even blink. The levels that the poundticipants have decended to over the last few seasons are levels I never knew could possibly exist.

• Love 3

They're all bad.    Plus Karina, the one who hurt her leg, and then used it as an excuse to stay bed bound in her parents living room, and did anything she could to get everyone's attention.   The one who blamed her overeating on her mother working two jobs.    The one who had two medium pizzas, 24 wings, and a family size brownie dessert all by herself, and that was with a gastric balloon in her stomach at the same time.   

Kirsten, who popped out two kids, dumped them on her parents for many years, and after her dealer boyfriend was busted, her mother only let her move in while she stayed off drugs, and did something about her weight.      That's the one who's son Nico got left behind with her.    

Lupe was bad, she seemed like a victim of her husband in the first episode, but in the second it showed exactly what she was like.  Though she did give us all the amazing moment when she broke the toilet at Dr. Now's office, and the fire department had to rescue her.    Lupe's first husband, or whatever he was Gilbert was a peach.    However, she proved to be pretty bad in her update when she moved on to some old boyfriend.      

Michael, of Michael and Ronni proved to be able to lose weight, but still be an abusive jerk.    Ronni, his wife also had bypass surgery, lost a bunch, and then during a fight Michael crushed the end of her finger in the door by leaning on it.     I only hope that when he disappeared, he didn't move back to their home town, which is where she moved to.  

Lee and Rena, where Lee said he wasn't abusive because he didn't hit Rena every day was another major cretin.  

Bettie Jo, and her husband Josh (?), were another couple of fools.   Biopsy by telescope was certainly memorable. 

For enablers I think Sean's evil mother was the worst.   She turned him into someone who will never have a life.

Then number two is James K's Lisa, who from the update episode was shown to be evil personified.  

And Herburt (Lisa's squeeze), who traded tons of food for happy time.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

For enablers I think Sean's evil mother was the worst.   

She turned him into someone who will never have a life.

Then number two is James K's Lisa, who from the update episode was shown to be evil personified.  

And Herburt (Lisa's squeeze), who traded tons of food for happy time.  

While he doesn't technically fit in here, you can't forget Zsalynn's husband.  "Why have a hotdog when you can have a STEAK?"   Then as the weight started dropping he got meaner and crueler - finally divorcing her because she wan't the size of an Orca whale.

The title of this thread is "You're the Worst" and while I was reading about Zsalynn just now I discovered someone I have to nominate.  Although he's not a 600 pounder, he was the spouse of one and he is the WORST!!   From the article I was reading:

Lupe Samano

Although her husband Gilbert Donovan took care of her while she was bedridden for 10 years, fans weren't happy at how he treated her. One particular instance that shocked everyone was when he forced her to have sex right after she had skin removal surgery, which caused her stitches to open and become infected. Although Lupe originally defended her husband to haters, when she found out he was cheating on her during her weight loss journey, she decided to leave.

"I'm done with his cheating, his drinking, and his abuse," she said at the time. "I've seen that as I lose weight more, it's getting worse. His insecurities, his jealousy. That's not a life for me."

Today, she's 300 pounds slimmer and, according to her Facebook dating a new man.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 5

It was a tough choice, but Bettie Jo got my vote.  The lump in her back, her "cancer" blah blah blah.  It was the "cancer" that tipped the scale for me.  James is my second choice.  Pulling his kid out of school to wipe his humongous ass was a big no go for me.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, toodles said:

It was a tough choice, but Bettie Jo got my vote.  The lump in her back, her "cancer" blah blah blah.  It was the "cancer" that tipped the scale for me.  James is my second choice.  Pulling his kid out of school to wipe his humongous ass was a big no go for me.

Oh ......n...o.......   I haven't seen that one yet.

Lupe made my skin crawl.  The squalor surrounding her, including Gilbert, seemed almost appropriate. She would be my vote for worst.

Repeating myself from other years, I don't believe Penny spends her days in bed laying on a pee pad.  She has the system worked to the max, with her work related "disability" and a totatally compliant enabler who was as nasty as she was.  However, Penny wasn't able to work Dr. Now's system and failed.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:20 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, man. This was some Sophie's-Choice level kind of selections. It was a tough call between James K., Penny, and Juggalo Nicole, but Penny was the one who got my vote.

And I'm still completely annoyed that Penny hasn't gotten a third follow up or her own TLC show.

Penny got my vote too; based on the fact that she has a child she should be trying to improve her health for.  I consider Assanti to be more of a TLC sideshow and not a poundticipant I would take seriously; he was just an anomaly for me.

• Love 2

Not necessarily my vote, but I will always laugh thinking about Schenee telling Dr. Now that she does believe the hand of God will reach down and grab her if she jumps off a building.  First, free will; you chose to take the leap Schenee. Second, God can't slap that donut out of her hand?  And now I want a GIF in which exactly that happens.  Pounders, get to work! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The best part of the Schenee v. Dr. Now standoff was the fact she was sitting on her potty chair, with her pants around her knees.  

Schenee also gets extra points for the poor dog.    The Pit Bull that was in the cage outside during the filming at her place, and she said on her FB that she gave him away, and something awful happened to him.      She should be on the rotisserie in Hell for that. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

Schenee got my vote: manipulative AND delusional. Penny is manipulative but not crazy.

I agree that Steven Assanti is a freak show and in a class by himself, he was never a serious poundticipant.

I would like to add that as awful human beings, Lee and Michael rank up there as well.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, 7788BeaconHighway said:

Schenee got my vote: manipulative AND delusional. Penny is manipulative but not crazy.

I agree that Steven Assanti is a freak show and in a class by himself, he was never a serious poundticipant.

I would like to add that as awful human beings, Lee and Michael rank up there as well.

I do think he is the worst but I also think he is a very, very mentally ill man as well as an addict as opposed to the others who are delusional. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 7788BeaconHighway said:

I think that's something that really bothers me about Penny.  I can forgive people who are mentally ill - I may want to shake them until their teeth rattle, but they honestly can't help it - they have warped weird little minds.  (Mine is warped and weird too, but I still have two toes over the line of sanity!)  PENNY was just manipulative and calculating and selfish and entitled.  I cannot tolerate entitled people.

• Love 10

Penny has my vote too.  Her episode was just aired recently and totally forgot a "Pennyism".  She just had her surgery after being in the hospital for a few months and she's still there.  She lost like 10 pounds when she would have lost a LOT more.  

"No one told me I was supposed to lose weight in the hospital".  She whined.  

We did see Edgar bringing her ice cream.  Anyway, to her credit, she had the best sound bites of anyone.  

As an aside, hope little Liam is doing okay.  He seemed to be a really sweet and happy little boy and he loves/d his mom even though she did nothing but break promises to him.  I say "loved" because he's older, must be 12 or 13.  

• Love 8

I voted for Steven as the worst, because I found him unrewatchable.  I've never rewatched Schnee, though she was as awful as Steven.
If we're talking of who you love to hate, wow, that's a tough choice.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

We need to add No-Hy-Jeanne to this poll!  She ranks right up (down?) there with these people!

Yes, she is a candidate.  I am sure had she not had that appointment with Dr. Now where he saw the condition of her mother, her mother would be dead now because Jeanne would not have bothered to do anything about it.   Maybe she would have called 911, before her mother was too far gone, but I rather doubt it.

Sean's mother was the worst of the enablers, followed by Lisa.

I put James K at the top of my list, because his dad had to get a second mortgage to pay for his trip to Houston, and the dad expected James to lose the weight and return to help him on the farm.   So much of Steven Assanti's problems were drug related, so I have trouble separating the drug addiction behaviour from that of the food addiction. 

Of all the people that I have seen on the show,  Sean's mother was the worst.

• Love 5
On 2/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, Miracle Maxie said:

I think Steven is in a class by himself. The opioid addiction puts him in a separate category, as far as I'm concerned. It's at least theoretically possible that he wouldn't have been as vile if he didn't have the combined addictions. So I've got no trouble classifying Schenee as the most abhorrent.  I have a feeling that if we had never seen Penny back in her season, but saw her or someone like her now, we wouldn't even blink. The levels that the poundticipants have decended to over the last few seasons are levels I never knew could possibly exist.

I also think that Stephen (and probably his brother too) had some Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder condition, whether diagnosed or not. Their mother drank heavily while pregnant with both of them, IIRC and they seemed to display some of the common symptoms. 

I can't vote. So many of them are equally horrible. Could we have a "they are all equally terrible, each in his/her own special snowflake kind of way" voting option?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Too many.

I can’t remember the name now, a woman who made her girlfriend travel to Houston to take care of her and then basically dumped her when she was feeling better.

Just remembered, Annjeannette.

Edited by El maestro
  • Love 2

My understanding is the same dog that was in the cage outside during the first part of the episode, was given to someone else, and it froze to death then.  However, she had two similar looking dogs at the apartment in Houston, and she can't keep her stories straight, so who knows what the truth is.    Schenee is horrible for the way she talked to Dr. Now, and the nasty things she said about him since, along with her confederate in delusion, Freddie. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Which one had that guy named CHRISSHUN!!!

But Schenee probably has my vote.  Or Penny

Was that Maja (or Maya or something similar)? I think that dude finally got away from her. 

• Love 2
On 8/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, Hannah94 said:

Was that Maja (or Maya or something similar)? I think that dude finally got away from her. 

That was Maja, best remembered for calling Mommy from Dr. Now's office and screaming that her boyfriend Christian was ruining her life.

As for the worst ever: I picked James. So whiny, so unwilling to do anything to help himself, so willing to put others in discomfort for his own sake, culminating when he demanded Lisa sleep on the floor next to him instead of her own bed because "What if something happens to me during the niiiiiiiight?" Just a worthless human being.

Something in me still chuckles over Lisa hiding a Lay's potato chip bag (or whatever it was) in her belly folds, though. Dr. Now had all kinds of fun grilling her about that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm going to go with James K.

Steven Assanti was just too over the top horrible, and with him I feel equally angry with the producers for continuing to use this clown for ratings.

Penny is lazy and annoying and delusional, but she's relatively nice compared to James K. and Steven A. 

The rest of them are disqualified for me because I don't remember them.

• Love 2
On 2/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Not necessarily my vote, but I will always laugh thinking about Schenee telling Dr. Now that she does believe the hand of God will reach down and grab her if she jumps off a building.  First, free will; you chose to take the leap Schenee. Second, God can't slap that donut out of her hand?  And now I want a GIF in which exactly that happens.  Pounders, get to work! 

Ick.  Makes me think of the man, trapped in a flood, insisting that God will save him as 2 boats and a helicopter come by to save him.  In Heaven, the man asks God why He didn't save him.  Then God says "I sent two boats and a helicopter!"

God was helping Schenee lose weight.  He sent Dr. Now.  God doesn't work in big flashy miracles.  He doesn't bail us out the way a father might rescue a helpless toddler.  We're adults.

• Love 6
On 2/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, man. This was some Sophie's-Choice level kind of selections.

I literally spit my drink out when I read this!!! LOL.  It’s so true!

• Love 2

Is the Lisa on the list the woman with the boyfriend who gave her food in exchange for oral sex?

If so she was a NASTY old bitch!!

Anyways I voted for "Owww ma laigs" because he was literally rolling in his own shit but still acted like a jerk and bossed everyone around.  😲

• Love 2
On 1/3/2020 at 2:05 PM, ClareWalks said:

I voted for Assanti but mostly because there is absolutely no entertainment value in him. It makes me very uncomfortable to watch episodes with him. He is clearly so far gone on all levels.

I hate to admit it... I'm an adult woman in fairly good condition, I can run if I need to but Steven Assanti frightens me.

He's just soooooo crazy that I wouldn't put anything past him.  😬

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

All of them are horrible in their own ways. This is like trying to decide which pile of dog shit smells less worse than the other piles of dog shit.

I've been watching a few of these eps to remind me of what not to do post-surgery and it's been a lovely refresher for me. Watching Penny crying in her toilet/bed/kitchen is endlessly entertaining in a mean-spirited way.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I think so far this season Bethany is the worst we've seen. The only relationship she values is the one she has with food. Did we see her being affectionate with her husband or her kids? No, not even once. And the lies she told about what she was eating. "Oh, in the morning I'll have, like, a protein bar. And then for lunch I'll have another protein bar and maybe some cheese." I guess this is what she thinks healthy people eat. She could have at least memorized some meals from Dr. Now's list of approved foods. She didn't want to do the hard work, All she wants is a conveyor belt that constantly provides her with terrible food options.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

"Oh, in the morning I'll have, like, a protein bar. And then for lunch I'll have another protein bar and maybe some cheese." 

She did some creative editing.  I suspect in honesty it was:

"Oh, in the morning I'll have, like (a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon, followed by) a protein bar (or three or four).  And then for lunch I'll have (three pizzas and) another protein bar, and maybe some (extra) cheese (on my Double Whopper with two large orders of fries and two milkshakes)."

• LOL 8
On 1/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, Hana Chan said:

All of them are horrible in their own ways. This is like trying to decide which pile of dog shit smells less worse than the other piles of dog shit.

I almost spit out my coffee reading that!

We should update this poll and add Angie J to the list.  She was just MEAN.

• Love 5

Maybe we could pick a worst for each season and then choose a champion from the season winners.  But I think we'd have to take Steven Assanti out of the running because otherwise it's just too obvious who wins. (Wins? Sometimes English just isn't adequate!)

• Love 7
On 2/4/2020 at 1:08 AM, auntjess said:

I just watched Angie J, who first aired 5/19, and she's a real contender.
She argued with Dr Now, and ultimately flunked the drug test.
One of the nastiest.

Wow, I came here to post about her too. I saw a repeat of her episode a few days ago and I had almost forgotten about what a vile, lying, manipulative, rude, sleaze bag of a human being she is.

That epic smack down by Dr. Now when she face timed him with her lack of progress and she tried in vain to bully him was priceless. I especially loved how he nailed it when he said she sounded funny, like she was on drugs and she got indignant and said she had been sick. Dr. Now then said that he knows the difference between someone who is sick and someone who is high! 😁 Then the beast had the nerve to sarcastically say that she planned on working hard at moving to Houston and asked him what his plans were, and he said his plans were to end that conversation! Oh snap!

She definitely has a place on our worst list.

• Love 6