Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Don't Wanna Go Home

druzy
  • Start Topic

Jenelle addresses rumors spurred by the 911 call.

Kailyn’s sister shares major news when they reconnect in Dallas.

Briana visits a new beau in New York.

Leah takes Ali to another important doctor's appointment in Columbus.

Aubree starts third grade.

Airs February 4, 2019

Preview:

• Love 4

Look at Barb, growing some insight!  Imagine how different Jenelle's earlier years might have been if Barb had been in therapy then to deal with her own domestic violence.  We might not have ever had to have been introduced to David!

• Love 12

I know this is really superficial but Leah and Kail’s “work” aka plastic surgery/fillers/injections looks awful. And Nathan has aged horribly too. Yeesh. It feels as though Jenelle will be forced out or quit the show - everyone else is filming and she keeps refusing. So ridiculous. 

• Love 9

Who are all these random people MTV recruits to play Kail's friends? This latest one looks like she was lured from her streetcorner with a bologna sandwich and a bag of meth. 

Brianna's family is Puerto Rican? Why did I think they were Dominican? 

Aubree looked really cute for her first day of school. 

Did anyone else notice how quickly Leah changed the subject when Dr. Tsao brought up the power wheelchair? 

Jenelle's refusing to film? Wow, how did I miss this?

Kail's dad reminds me of Lucky from King Of The Hill. IIRC, Tom Petty used to voice the character. Kail calling people hillbillies is rich considering she's three baby daddies deep at 25. 

Eta: I randomly caught the first five minutes of Lindsay Lohan's beach club, and holy crap that girl has such a strong Long Island accent. I never noticed it back when she was in Hollywood.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
Just now, BitterApple said:

Who are all these random people MTV recruits to play Kail's friends? This latest one looks like she was lured from her streetcorner with a bologna sandwich and a bag of meth. 

Aubree looked really cute for her first day of school. 

Did anyone else notice how quickly Leah changed the subject when Dr. Tsao brought up the power wheelchair? 

Jenelle's refusing to film? Wow, how did I miss this?

Kail's dad reminds me of Lucky from King Of The Hill. IIRC, Tom Petty used to voice the character. Kail calling people hillbillies is rich considering she's three baby daddies deep at 25. 

I recognized the heavy set black guy- they’ve been friends for a few years, but I think he moved away for a bit. 

Aubrey did look cute for school! I appreciate when young girls are allowed to express themselves with fashion that’s age appropriate and doesn’t sexualize them. A child can look cute and fashionable without imitating a grown woman. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I recognized the heavy set black guy- they’ve been friends for a few years, but I think he moved away for a bit. 

Aubrey did look cute for school! I appreciate when young girls are allowed to express themselves with fashion that’s age appropriate and doesn’t sexualize them. A child can look cute and fashionable without imitating a grown woman. 

Yep, I remember him, I was talking about the girl in Dallas and the one from the previous epi.

I agree about Aubree. I'm tired of seeing children dressed up like miniature showgirls.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Yep, I remember him, I was talking about the girl in Dallas and the one from the previous epi.

I agree about Aubree. I'm tired of seeing children dressed up like miniature showgirls.

Oh I don’t recognize those people either. Lmao. 

It seems that since her Exs aren’t filming with Leah she is only filming with her boyfriend. 

• Love 4

Aubree is such a doll. I loved her feeding Cole art the cupcake place. 

Ali is a doll too. It was nice seeing her have a more positive visit than the last one. 

Leah's boyfriend seems very nice and supportive; but he also seems a little overly involved. Thoughts?

Is Brianna auditioning her next baby daddy? I don't know about you, but I'm not 16 anymore. I don't want to spend an entire visit with my man's BF and his thirsty-ass GF. 

Man, Kail is dragging all the family members out for a storyline, ain't she? I think she's got a lot of nerve, shitting on Suzie for not reaching out. Didn't SHE cut her MOM off? If Suzie HAD tried to talk to her, Kail would complain that her mom wasn't respecting her boundaries. 

Her sister seems sweet, though; and very petty. I just feel bad,because she's basically being used for a storyline. 

Jenelle's cover-up of the night 911 was called was so obviously fake. And rehearsed. It's disturbing to watch. I'm just worried she's going to be making excuses in regards to something happening to those kids. 

Barb. Sigh. I've always been conflicted wth her. Lately I've been largely disappointed in her choices. But I do understand where she's coming from - with not wanting to let David totally isolate her. 

I will say this-the kids being asleep is no excuse to get wasted and at a fool. What if they needed you? Breaks my heart.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Leah's boyfriend seems very nice and supportive; but he also seems a little overly involved. Thoughts?

Is Brianna auditioning her next baby daddy? I don't know about you, but I'm not 16 anymore. I don't want to spend an entire visit with my man's BF and his thirsty-ass GF. 

I'm not sure how long Leah and Whats-His-Name had been dating by this point, but yeah, the way these people rush to blend families kind of skeeves me out. It looked like the Girlses and Addie had an entire set-up of toys, clothes and school stuff over at his house. 

I thought that guy's girlfriend was kind of rude. I don't like Brianna but she was at least pleasant and polite while the girl kept throwing shade at every turn. I agree that setting it up as a double date was so juvenile. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

But why?  I’m asking sincerely.  

The ones I know mostly worked with pacemakers and such. They would sometimes be there for procedures. I wasn't really clear on the nature of their involvement. 

Here's a link that describes "a typical day for a medical device sales rep": https://www.advancerecruitment.net/a-day-in-the-life-working-in-medical-sales which confirms there can be a good deal of back and forth with device reps during procedures. 

Edited by akr
  • Love 5

My brother in law sells some sort of replacement fake (or animal) skin (I think?) used in surgeries when the person doesn’t have enough skin of their own to close the wound. Or, maybe it goes under the skin? I can’t recall because he’s kind of an idiot and I tend to tune out when he talks about his job. But, he claims that he spends a lot of time watching surgeries live. In case the SURGEON needs help. Lol. I’m doubtful that a surgeon would need his help, but I do believe that he’s sometimes present during surgeries for some reason. 

• Love 8

I will admit that I zoned in and out during the episode.

So wait, did Kail actually get in contact with Suzie?  I heard where she said she cut Suzie off but Suzie is trash for not reaching out to her. Sorry, Kail but you can't be mad at Suzie for honoring your wishes. 

I guess the threat of another ass-whopping is enough motivation for Jenelle to try to sell that bullshit cover story. 

• Love 8

So Janelle admits that she and David were partying and drunk while at home with the kids, plus the DV incident is caught on tape, and yet MTV continues to film her?  Paying her to document this dangerous life?  At what point is MTV complicit?  

And then there’s Barb, once again turning a blind eye to DV, saying she’ll figure it out on her own time...  Are you f*cking kidding me?  Both Barb and the producers now have proof that David is beating the shit out of Janelle, and the kids are in a dangerous situation, and all are living in a house with a stockpile of guns fit for a militia, and all they care about is the show.  It’s disgusting, and I’m ashamed I watch it.

• Love 13

Jenelle was so sad. She's still a terrible person, but its so clear she's lying. 

When has she EVER taken responsibility for something? And then, she says the thing with David was a misunderstanding on her part? Um hmmm.

Kailyn's sister is much prettier than Kailyn. #sorrynotsorry

• Love 14

I wonder if this is going to be the last season of the show. It seems like they are really struggling for content. 

Those random blips of Jo and Javi were nothing but desperate filler.

Kail's sister is nice, but it's pretty obvious neither side has any real interest in maintaining a relationship considering they haven't talked in over two years. She's "reconnecting" with family because the well's run dry as far as storylines go. 

Chelsea's life has leveled out, along with Leah's. 

Jenelle's still a mess, but this year it's crossed into darker territory. Nobody enjoys watching children placed in grave danger while the adults stand around and shrug their shoulders. Somebody in that swamp is going to end up dead. I hope Barb and MTV can live with themselves if it ends up being one of the kids. 

• Love 24
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jenelle's still a mess, but this year it's crossed into darker territory. Nobody enjoys watching children placed in grave danger while the adults stand around and shrug their shoulders. Somebody in that swamp is going to end up dead. I hope Barb and MTV can live with themselves if it ends up being one of the kids. 

Yes!  This is what I was trying to say in my earlier post.  

• Love 3

I totally believe the original 911 call was legit and the new story is an obvious coverup to protect David and her current living situation. I just don't think Jenelle can ever admit that David was a big mistake and that she needs to leave him. I think she is so invested and would feel humiliated if she were shown to be wrong about him. She seems completely emotionally dependent on him also. He is such a textbook controlling abuser.  He has manipulated her right where he wants her. She is a terrible person but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
edited because I don't want to start a thing.
  • Love 19

So, I'm getting ready for work, watching the show this morning.  As I am brushing my hair into a neat pony tail, the scene with Karl and her half sister is on.  I cannot stand how messy Karl's hair is.  It's obvious she just grabbed her hair, yanked it back into a pony tail without even attempting the arduous task of running a brush through her hair. If that isn't pathetically lazy, I don't know what is.  Brush your damn hair - it's not the Boston Marathon.  It takes very little expenditure of energy. 

• Love 5

I think this will be the last season. But they cancelled Teen Mom:OG and then brought it back when Amber was released from jail. They brought Briana on to liven things up, which didn’t happen. 

I think the only thing that would for certain end the show would be a death on the land. I wouldn’t be surprised if David killed everyone and then himself. 

• Love 13

After watching all of this, it's clear that no matter what happened in that house on the night Jenelle called 911, those children were not in a safe environment. Drunk and volatile adults screaming into the night while responsible for three kids is not EVER okay. MTV knows this, of course. They've all witnessed David's outbursts and received his threats, they know exactly what he's like, and maybe they think they're ethically in the clear because they're refusing to film him, but they're wrong. Continuing to document a story of domestic abuse and allowing Jenelle a platform to spin David's behavior as just a drunken misunderstanding, or as a justifiable offense, is nothing less than shameful. 

I'm disappointed in Barb, too. I can understand that she's holding her tongue about David in order to build a relationship with her daughter. I totally get that she wants to build trust with Jenelle so that if/when she reaches out for help, Barb can be there for her. But Barb has an obligation to her grandchildren, too. I question whether she's willing to sacrifice the well-being of three kids in service of maintaining a connection to Jenelle. So far, it seems like she is. It's a sticky situation Barb is embroiled in, and perhaps there's no easy path to take, but I don't think she's making the right call here.

• Love 21

Jenelle is so hard to watch now.  Before it was a "hate watch" and now it's just sad and frustrating to watch DV be portrayed on a tv show and no one do anything about it.  I never got to post last week but it made me laugh when she was bragging about their prepping and then talked about her house leaking and sinking.  So one of the main things you need to do fore serious preparedness is make sure you have a secure shelter. Dummy.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Don't you remember the Puerto Rican baby shower?? LOL

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Brianna’s boyfriend’s cousin (????) was funny.  She’s going to start watching the show 🤣🤣.  

She made me laugh. And she's not surgically enhanced, therefore looks prettier and sexier than Brianna. hahahahahahahaha

6 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Jenelle was so sad. She's still a terrible person, but its so clear she's lying. 

When has she EVER taken responsibility for something? And then, she says the thing with David was a misunderstanding on her part? Um hmmm.

Kailyn's sister is much prettier than Kailyn. #sorrynotsorry

Every episode that features Jenelle features her lying about David. Last week he was "just joking" with the threatening texts. This week she tripped and fell (while she was yelling and cussing at poor innocent David, who did nothing wrong!). Next week she walks into a door. Just a wild guess. Seriously, what a mess. Those kids are in danger. 

Kail's sister is very pretty. Kail looked even more sloppy, slovenly and haggish in comparison. hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yes I'm shallow. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

My brother in law sells some sort of replacement fake (or animal) skin (I think?) used in surgeries when the person doesn’t have enough skin of their own to close the wound. Or, maybe it goes under the skin? I can’t recall because he’s kind of an idiot and I tend to tune out when he talks about his job. But, he claims that he spends a lot of time watching surgeries live. In case the SURGEON needs help. Lol. I’m doubtful that a surgeon would need his help, but I do believe that he’s sometimes present during surgeries for some reason. 

Many device reps are actually required to be there when their product is being used. The podiatrist I worked for did surgeries utilizing specialty products; the rep was always present for those surgeries.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I thought that guy's girlfriend was kind of rude. I don't like Brianna but she was at least pleasant and polite while the girl kept throwing shade at every turn. I agree that setting it up as a double date was so juvenile. 

Yes. I mean, Briana set herself up for this, by being on the show. So I don't really feel sympathy for her. But that chick just looked like an ass. 

8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Even if he needs to use them while “helping” a doctor (heh!), dude does not need to wear them at home.  He’s not on call!  

He’s like Dirty John!  

Oh my gosh. I am now terrified of the dude. He IS Dirty John!

7 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

So Janelle admits that she and David were partying and drunk while at home with the kids, plus the DV incident is caught on tape, and yet MTV continues to film her?  Paying her to document this dangerous life?  At what point is MTV complicit?

It's so gross. Oh, and I forgot - she mentioned David was spotlighting. Ugh. I have no issue with serious hunters. Trophy hunters can fuck off. But if you're respectful, eat your meat, etc. - go ahead, do your thing. Spotlighting is shit. It's unfair to your prey. It's for the inept and the cowardly. Just another reason to hate David. 

8 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

So wait, did Kail actually get in contact with Suzie?  I heard where she said she cut Suzie off but Suzie is trash for not reaching out to her. Sorry, Kail but you can't be mad at Suzie for honoring your wishes. 

No. Kail apparently mentioned to some "friends" that she was thinking of reaching out to her mom. Said "friends" apparently tracked Suzie down. When Kail found out her mom was "ONLY 2 HOURS AWAY" (why, did she have reason to believe her mother had suddenly headed for the west coast??), she decided it was super shitty that SUZIE had never reached out to HER in all that time. So she decided to drop the issue. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Even if he needs to use them while “helping” a doctor (heh!), dude does not need to wear them at home.  He’s not on call!  

He’s like Dirty John!  

Get out of my head!  🤣

Can you just see Mama Dawn?  Leah’s dating her a doctor, y’all!

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yes. I mean, Briana set herself up for this, by being on the show. So I don't really feel sympathy for her. But that chick just looked like an ass. 

Oh my gosh. I am now terrified of the dude. He IS Dirty John!

It's so gross. Oh, and I forgot - she mentioned David was spotlighting. Ugh. I have no issue with serious hunters. Trophy hunters can fuck off. But if you're respectful, eat your meat, etc. - go ahead, do your thing. Spotlighting is shit. It's unfair to your prey. It's for the inept and the cowardly. Just another reason to hate David. 

No. Kail apparently mentioned to some "friends" that she was thinking of reaching out to her mom. Said "friends" apparently tracked Suzie down. When Kail found out her mom was "ONLY 2 HOURS AWAY" (why, did she have reason to believe her mother had suddenly headed for the west coast??), she decided it was super shitty that SUZIE had never reached out to HER in all that time. So she decided to drop the issue. 

Lol! So when Suzie was 3 hours away in Allentown, PA, it wasn't a problem, but two hours away in Maryland and she is trash for not reaching out? What a difference an hour makes!

• Love 9

This was probably the quickest watch of this show ever. There was so much to FF through. 

Briana: FF. Not intersted. Go away please. And take a shower.

Chelsea: Boring as usual but I was so happy that she let Aubree get out of the car and walk to the school building alone and didn’t act like she was sending her off to war like some parents do. I nearly fainted when they were at the cupcake shop and she got a cupcake for her, one for Watson and a cup of ice cream for Aubree and it was almost $18. dollars! 

Jenelle: This won’t end well for her. It’s infuriating to watch this. Most women who are in abusive relationships have no means to get out. They may have no money and nowhere to go. Jenelle has resources to get herself and the kids out of there and to even hire a personal security guard but she stays with this lunatic anyway. 

Leah: Not interested. First we have to hear the rehash of the willchair thing on the first day of school. Then we have to sit through Leah talking   about the upcoming doctor appointment, then we see the appointment, and then we have to sit through her telling the boyfriend everything we already saw.

Kail: Boring. They put a lab coat on Kail to make her feel special, throw shit together probably as cheaply as possible and slap a label on it so Kail feels like she’s this big business person. Please. Her sister will become a bother to Kail once the novelty of "reconnecting with my family" wears off. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, druzy said:

Leah needs to stop lying. Ali doesn't use her wheelchair as much as Leah wants the doctor to believe. Also why is Leah buying Ali high heel shoes?

I don’t watch, but between this comment and the ones from the first day of school, it’s clear Ali is not using the wheelchair like she should be (all the effing time).  

I find it very hard to believe that the bus driver doesn’t know this little girl by now, yet showed up without a wheelchair accessible bus?  That doesn’t happen.  At least not in our school district.  Unless the parents are complete idiots who didn’t read but signed off on the IEP.  My son’s IEP includes curb to curb bus service, they pick him up at our house.  There is a subsection in the transportation portion of the IEP that goes on to include any additional services needed (this is where wheelchair access would be marked).  And don’t even get me started on the fact that EVERYONE in that school is well aware of who Ali is and what services she should need.  You’re going to tell me that this little podunk school that she is in 3rd (?) grade at doesn’t know who she is and what help she needs?  That’s BS.   I’d be willing to bet that whole town knows sho she is.  How many elementary school girls in that district are wheelchair bound?  I know it’s not right, but come on, she is the little wheelchair girl whether we want to acknowledge that or not.   Leah is lazy and dumb.  There is NO reason for her not to be over involved at the school st this point.  FFS, she could get certified as a para and work in Ali’s class if she wanted to.  But nope, she needs to get back home to bed in the morning, or whatever it is she does all day.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Chelsea: Boring as usual

Jenelle: This won’t end well for her. It’s infuriating to watch this. Most women who are in abusive relationships have no means to get out. They may have no money and nowhere to go. Jenelle has resources to get herself and the kids out of there and to even hire a personal security guard but she stays with this lunatic anyway. 

Leah: Not interested. First we have to hear the rehash of the willchair thing on the first day of school. Then we have to sit through Leah talking   about the upcoming doctor appointment, then we see the appointment, and then we have to sit through her telling the boyfriend everything we already saw.

Kail: Boring. They put a lab coat on Kail to make her feel special, throw shit together probably as cheaply as possible and slap a label on it so Kail feels like she’s this big business person. Please. Her sister will become a bother to Kail once the novelty of "reconnecting with my family" wears off. 

Agree with all of the above! 

How long before Briana is pregnant with this dude?! Why is she talking about him meeting her children already?!! And as another poster said, how juvenile of him to bring along another couple on his date, make it all stop !!! 🙈

Chelsea dropped her daughter to school and couldn’t even manage that without being needy af and calling Cole AT WORK? to say what? I’m just here dropping Aubree to her first day of whatever grade? Like they didn’t JUST discuss that the previous evening?! Like it doesn’t suffice for Cole to say goodnight to Aubree and best of luck at school tomorrow have fun hun ?! The repetition is beyond painful and Chelsea’s inability to function without Cole is so damn unattractive I’m sorry.

Also, is this “first day of school” really such a big deal in the USA?? I might understand first day of school ever ever, but not every year ? My parents sent us off on the school bus in the mornings and went to work like regular people. 

Every conversation Leah has with Jason is so obviously staged, and as @configdotsys pointed out, this entire episode was the appointment build up, appointment itself, and 2-3 rehashes of what we just saw, I’m only surprised she didn’t also ring Corey so that we could hear it all some more !!! 

Jenelle is sad and covering up, as is obvious to all. I have to say that I understood where Barb was coming from and get why she felt she was powerless until Jenelle herself came to her.

I disagree with a lot of posters here about MTV being in some way responsible for this DV situation. If Jenelle were never on MTV there’s a good chance she would still be in an abusive relationship today, either with David or another David type character. Equally, if MTV stopped filming her tomorrow, it wouldn’t change a thing. She is not at the point herself where she can admit David’s abuse and get herself out of there, & until she’s at that point, she is staying exactly where she is, doing exactly what she’s doing. Actually, I think MTV would be more helpful to her situation BY filming David again, as it would undoubtedly further expose and document his abuse to the world. Without cameras around, its all hidden without any real proof. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Leah is lazy and dumb.  There is NO reason for her not to be over involved at the school st this point.  FFS, she could get certified as a para and work in Ali’s class if she wanted to.  But nope, she needs to get back home to bed in the morning, or whatever it is she does all day.  

^^This^^

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think the only thing that would for certain end the show would be a death on the land. I wouldn’t be surprised if David killed everyone and then himself. 

I think he's too egotistical to kill himself.  He'd try to sell some story about how he was justified.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Is spotlighting legal? 

• Love 2