Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Don't Wanna Go Home

druzy
  • Start Topic

I don't want Leah's BF to be a shady asshole.  It was cute when he said "hey girl hey" on the Facetime to Ali.  and he correctly used the word "conundrum", thereby earning his spot as Most Intelligent Person on This Franchise.  there I said it.

If Jenelle was wasted, and she told David to stay with the kids while she went to the hospital instead of taking an ambulance, does that mean she was driving under the influence? 

Nova was LAUGHING and HAVING A GOOD TIME when she was doing gymnastics with Roxanne!

hi, Jo!

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, druzy said:

Is spotlighting legal? 

Not where I come from.  It’s poaching.  And highly frowned upon by respectable hunters.  

But remember, the law doesn’t apply on the laaaaand!  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, BARISTA said:

Also, is this “first day of school” really such a big deal in the USA?? I might understand first day of school ever ever, but not every year ? My parents sent us off on the school bus in the mornings and went to work like regular people. 

I don't know who does this. Maybe Pintrest-y people do it, or people who live for Instagram. But most of use are just, you know, living our lives. My son started kindergarten in 2000. We took a couple of pictures at home, I took him to school, took one picture, and handed him off to his teacher. My husband had work early so he wasn't there at all. (Somehow, as a family, we have all survived this). In subsequent years I took him to school, met his teacher, and handed him over. No tears, no pictures, no props. I never saw anyone indulging in such foolishness as Briana and the coven. After kindergarten the kids are familiar with the school and know the teachers, pretty much, don't they? We certainly did at our little school. My son had his chosen fifth grade teacher all picked out by the end of first grade! (he got him too!)  

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 15

Leah: now we see why she and Jason broke up for a while over the summer. Leah "accidentally" moves into his house, and her chaos spreads everywhere!!! My jaw dropped when I saw all those clothes all over the floor (and it looked like a hallway, not bedroom). They had just moved in, so I'm sure over the next several months, she junked it up Leah style. Jason definitely seems like the most intelligent person on this show, except for possibly Randy. Love his house too! And obviously he is a good housekeeper, because it looks great apart from Leah's junk, and we all know she isn't lifting a finger!

chelsea: I feel like she is letting her personality show more this season! She acts less like the girl who's been on a first date for the last four years, trying to look perfect, and I love when she let she loose and acts silly with the kids. Aubree's bedroom was super cute too. I do wonder though how many times a day Chelsea calls Cole at work. I wonder how it would have gone for her if she'd married someone in a job like teaching, where you could never, ever answer your phone. 

Kail: her sister seems so sweet! It bothered me when Kail asked, "when were you going to tell me?" so confrontationally. Kail acts like she deserves to be the first to know everything. I hope her sister doesn't get used, but I'm sure she will. I'm also glad to see Mark back in her life! He has some sense, and it's good to see that she can have long term friendships. 

Briana: I was surprised that she doesn't speak Spanish! I always assumed she did because she has an accent. Guess every person is unique though! It annoys me how every time she dates anyone, her friends ask if she sees a future with him, and she makes a face like she's going for actress of the year and wails, "I don't knoooowwwwww!" I mean, very few of us are CERTAIN that we have met the right person early on, but it seems easy enough to me to put someone in a category of "might have a future with" or "fling." Doesn't mean you can't be wrong about the person later. 

Jenelle: just too sad. I agree with what everyone else has said. And I totally think that phone call was real. David will kill her one day. 

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Leah: now we see why she and Jason broke up for a while over the summer. Leah "accidentally" moves into his house, and her chaos spreads everywhere!!! My jaw dropped when I saw all those clothes all over the floor (and it looked like a hallway, not bedroom). They had just moved in, so I'm sure over the next several months, she junked it up Leah style. Jason definitely seems like the most intelligent person on this show, except for possibly Randy. Love his house too! And obviously he is a good housekeeper, because it looks great apart from Leah's junk, and we all know she isn't lifting a finger!

chelsea: I feel like she is letting her personality show more this season! She acts less like the girl who's been on a first date for the last four years, trying to look perfect, and I love when she let she loose and acts silly with the kids. Aubree's bedroom was super cute too. I do wonder though how many times a day Chelsea calls Cole at work. I wonder how it would have gone for her if she'd married someone in a job like teaching, where you could never, ever answer your phone. 

Kail: her sister seems so sweet! It bothered me when Kail asked, "when were you going to tell me?" so confrontationally. Kail acts like she deserves to be the first to know everything. I hope her sister doesn't get used, but I'm sure she will. I'm also glad to see Mark back in her life! He has some sense, and it's good to see that she can have long term friendships. 

Briana: I was surprised that she doesn't speak Spanish! I always assumed she did because she has an accent. Guess every person is unique though! It annoys me how every time she dates anyone, her friends ask if she sees a future with him, and she makes a face like she's going for actress of the year and wails, "I don't knoooowwwwww!" I mean, very few of us are CERTAIN that we have met the right person early on, but it seems easy enough to me to put someone in a category of "might have a future with" or "fling." Doesn't mean you can't be wrong about the person later. 

Jenelle: just too sad. I agree with what everyone else has said. And I totally think that phone call was real. David will kill her one day. 

Yes ! Briana always makes that same face when people ask her if she likes the guy or if there’s a future . Just answer the damn question ! We know anyone on this series cannot just have a casual relationship without it ending in at least a pregnancy . 

Also , I love how last season Kail and Briana were about to kill each other and got into multiple fights .. and now there’s no mention of each other or javi .. he was that worth it ,huh ? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Linny said:

After watching all of this, it's clear that no matter what happened in that house on the night Jenelle called 911, those children were not in a safe environment. Drunk and volatile adults screaming into the night while responsible for three kids is not EVER okay. MTV knows this, of course. They've all witnessed David's outbursts and received his threats, they know exactly what he's like, and maybe they think they're ethically in the clear because they're refusing to film him, but they're wrong. Continuing to document a story of domestic abuse and allowing Jenelle a platform to spin David's behavior as just a drunken misunderstanding, or as a justifiable offense, is nothing less than shameful. 

I'm disappointed in Barb, too. I can understand that she's holding her tongue about David in order to build a relationship with her daughter. I totally get that she wants to build trust with Jenelle so that if/when she reaches out for help, Barb can be there for her. But Barb has an obligation to her grandchildren, too. I question whether she's willing to sacrifice the well-being of three kids in service of maintaining a connection to Jenelle. So far, it seems like she is. It's a sticky situation Barb is embroiled in, and perhaps there's no easy path to take, but I don't think she's making the right call here.

This.  I’m sure MTV wanted Barb to be the one to address the DV incident with Janelle, especially after acknowledging that she was once a victim.  But when she said pass in order to not alienate Janelle and keep the gravy train running, they just shrugged.  And continue to allow Jace to stay at that house.  #complicit

• Love 4

Jenelle is a classic case of an abused woman. Making excuses for her husband's behavior; twisting the truth to make him look innocent of abuse; puts husband before the well being of her kids; defended her husband even when the abuse is evident to everyone else. I'm afraid Jenelle is damaged beyond repair. She grew up in a home where her mother was abused and that's what she's comfortable with...it's what she's known all her life. Why isn't she in therapy? Oh...that's right, David wouldn't allow it. And so the cycle continues. Barb and Doris need to join forces and do whatever they can to save their grandchildren. Jenelle cannot be saved at this point. Barb lost my respect after she called Nathan up and told him Kaiser was being physically abused and then stabbed him in the back when he and his mom acted on Barb's information. Sorry...she's just as manipulative as her daughter. She put her relationship with Jenelle ahead of keeping Kaiser safe and Jace for that matter. Personally, I believe Barb used the Kaiser situation to secure her status as primary custodian of Jace...cozying up to David and Jenelle probably seemed like a good angle in order to keep them focused on the Kaiser situation and steer away from going forward with any further action on getting full custody of Jace. So essentially, she threw one kid (Kaiser) to the wolves in order to selfishly secure her own position with Jace. She should be ashamed.

Is it me or does it seem that MTV is promoting Kail's stupid podcasts and now her hair product line in almost every show? What goes on in the meetings prior to the season being filmed? Do they sit down and try to thump out a storyline for her based on what she's selling and then throw in a storyline about her long lost family? If she cared so much about her sister she would have emailed her, called her or texted her in the last several years. Her astonishment that she hadn't been told yet about her sister's pregnancy was so Kail...her entitlement attitude is beyond ridiculous at this point. Digging up her old friend from Pennsylvania was a sad moment...that guy could care less about Kail's problems...she probably hasn't spoken to him since she moved to Delaware. I get the feeling Kail runs through friends very quickly due to her demanding personality and lack of empathy or interest in anyone else's life or problems.

Poor Jason...he seems pretty organized, mature and steady. Even Leah has come a long way, she's still a handful for any guy. I notice they do all the filming at his immaculate and well decorated home. Leah moving in with her mess and lifestyle would be hard for any guy to deal with even if the sex is incredible. As for Ali, Dr. Tsao probably watches the show so he sees that Ali isn't using the wheelchair a whole lot...I guess Cory isn't involved in Ali's health issues since he hasn't gone to a Dr. Tsao appointment in a number of years. That's sad for Ali.

Brianna has another guy in her life...frankly, I would have liked to see her put her kids first and spend her time off from work getting Nova involved in an activity like dance or gymnastics. Instead she's jetting  up to NYC to play with another guy. Brianna's mom isn't a qualified gymnastics instructor...but at least she's doing something with that poor child. It looked like their double date couple weren't too impressed with her or the whole relationship. Did I hear right that this new guy was basically stalking her? Just wait till he meets the coven...now there is a storyline!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Is spotlighting legal? 

I really have no idea. It varies by state, and then there's different regulations based on the gun you're using, permits, etc.

Legal or not, I think it's shitty as hell. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Is it me or does it seem that MTV is promoting Kail's stupid podcasts and now her hair product line in almost every show? What goes on in the meetings prior to the season being filmed?

oh, no!  does that make Kail the "Bethenny" of the TM franchise???

• Love 1

One funny thing I forgot to mention was the fact that Kail's "business partner" looked about twenty years too old for the hair and makeup she was sporting. It reminded me of the lady who partnered with Jenelle for that now-defunct makeup line. 

• Love 11

I thought Kail was wearing a bathrobe at the lab.   

I FF'd Briana's segments and now I regret it because I want to see that girl throw shade. 

I'm so glad Ali didn't show any decline this visit.  I hope her parents don't take it as a sign that she'll get stronger if they ignore medical advice. 

Aubree wanted Chelsea to send Cole the picture she took of her.  She got a great dad after all! 

I don't even know what to say about Jenelle.  Things are really bad. 

• Love 12

I'm okay with Brianna's dude making it a double date. They don't know each other that well, he's going to be on television, which adds to the awkwardness, so why not have them along to ease some of the tension. And they get to be on TV, too, for a few minutes.

I also was surprised that Brianna doesn't speak Spanish, especially since she has an accent. I wonder if Brittany and the mother speak Spanish. 

Why can't they show Leah and her boyfriend doing and talking about something that doesn't involve Ali or any of her other children?

It may be difficult for Cory to get away from work for the time required to go to Ohio. Why do they not ever fly? Then it could very possibly be just a day trip.

Loved the line from another poster about how Chelsea acts like a girl who's been on a first date for the last four years. I'm happy for her and it's nice to see one normal family on this show. Their children are adorable. I can't wait to hear Watson speak and have conversations, so I hope the show lasts at least till then.

Jenelle and Kailyn--no words.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I also was surprised that Brianna doesn't speak Spanish, especially since she has an accent. I wonder if Brittany and the mother speak Spanish. 

Kids pick up whatever the parents or caretakers are putting out there.  I assume her mom speaks spanish, and she picked up her mom's slight accent.  My sons had spanish-speaking nannys and they both started speaking with a very slight accent - and though they understand it, they don't speak spanish.  It still comes out sometimes.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm not sure how long Leah and Whats-His-Name had been dating by this point, but yeah, the way these people rush to blend families kind of skeeves me out. It looked like the Girlses and Addie had an entire set-up of toys, clothes and school stuff over at his house. 

I thought that guy's girlfriend was kind of rude. I don't like Brianna but she was at least pleasant and polite while the girl kept throwing shade at every turn. I agree that setting it up as a double date was so juvenile. 

I agree with the quick blending of families, though this bf does seem heads above the others. 

What really rang so phony to me was at the Dr appointment when she AGAIN went into the aide is not the same one as last year they really wanted to have the same aide stay with Allie.

I was really sad to watch Allie at the appointment. I know they were trying to be all praising and uplifting for her benefit but its such a sad situation.I guess I just get so frustrated with Leah because  while I know it can't change things overall, if she had  more of a clue and was a tad more competent, Allie would at least be getting so much more support.

And on the REALLY superficial level, what is up with Leah's eyelashes? Half asleep and eye lashes that must weigh a pound and a half.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I grew up in the 80s and the first day of school consisted of my mother handing me my lunch and telling me to have a nice day as I walked out to the bus stop. No pictures, no chalkboards with future dreams written on them, no hovering in the classroom, no big productions. The only time I remember the neighborhood moms being outside with us was the first day of kindergarten and that was it. 

It's the age of social media.  First day of school was never a big deal when I was growing up either (elementary school in the eighties.)  But now that everyone posts every mundane detail of their lives for validation and affirmation online, we've become an inherently narcissistic culture who has begun to believe that if something isn't documented publicly, it didn't really happen.   Thus, the "first day of school extravaganza" every year.

So what's the over/under on when Brianna will announce her pregnancy by "chicken shop John"? 

10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Not where I come from.  It’s poaching.  And highly frowned upon by respectable hunters.  

But remember, the law doesn’t apply on the laaaaand!  

Do I even want to know what "spotlighting" is?

• Love 10

It's not going to end well for Jenelle is it?  Her stories are such obvious lies.  The 911 call recording clearly says she was scared to death of David and he hurt her.  Oh, just a misunderstanding on my part.  Almost the same as these old excuses for abused women:  yeah, I got this bruise, because I tripped'; yeah the black eye - I ran into a wall, I'm so clumsy; it was my fault because I know better to say xxxxx because it makes him so mad.  

The whole David was angry because he couldn't be at the pumpkin patch was BS.  He was angry that he was excluded from anything.  It could've been a landfill they were walking though, and he'd be all 'riled up'.  The producers/crew have to be a little nervous when they're filming anywhere in the area.  He's like a powder keg ready to go off at any time.

Leah's moving too fast with new boyfriend.  I will say he's more mature, sensible, and intelligent than what normally is on the show.  No wonder they broke up.  

Dr Tsao is great.  I live in the metro Columbus area, and Children's Hospital does such a wonderful job with all sorts of sick children.  We've done some charity type events at work for them.  They accept patients up to 18 or 19.  There is an MD center at OSU hospitals just up the road, so I would imagine Ali gets referred to that facility once she ages out of Children's.  OSU also has an MD research center there for MD.

Agree about Kail.  Way too aggressive with her seemingly nice sister.  The tats are on her arms are not attractive.  Chelsea is so normal, but glad to see one has a nice family.  Brianna - ugh.  Another one who HAS to be with a guy at all times.

It was never a big deal for first day of school back in the olden days, when I was a kid.  Kindergarten, I may have been walked to school.  Maybe.  It was a long 6 to 7 block walk.  I didn't know anyone along the way (to run up to a house if threatened) except within maybe 1 block from my house.  Yet, I walked alone every day.  It would never happen today.  The biggest thing that happened was our local drug store chain had a back to school coupon book.  When my friends and I were in around grades 6 to 8, a big deal to go and buy supplies, all the little new gimmicky items they had to sell that was on sale.  A lot of it was junk, but we spent our own money on it, thinking it was golden.

I was thinking about the moms when this show ends, as it will at some point.  Chelsea will be ok.  Kail will make it as she is a street fighter.  Leah, not sure.  Brianna will be hurting.  Jenelle, not a good outlook regardless of the show lasting any amount of time.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Every episode that features Jenelle features her lying about David. Last week he was "just joking" with the threatening texts.

I know!!!  And she totally just laughed it off.  Telling a producer she was going to make her crap her pants. SO FUNNY.  The producers need to grow a pair and just tell Jenelle that is a shitty thing to do and say and they don't appreciate his crude humor. 

I agree about Leah.  Why isn't she taking the girls all the way to school?  And why does she not help in the class?  This will ensure Ali get the proper care she needs.  Schools fuck up all the time.  I have to fight tooth and nail for my son and make sure his 504 is being followed and am relentless in contacting people district wide, I know a lot of parents who have children that need extra help and they are there.  Leah just can't count on them and complain - she needs to be present.  I work full-time and have a toddler, do a lot of other community volunteer time and currently a debilitating medical condition and still am the President of the Booster Club at school.  I have always volunteered in class.  Maybe this is going too far but if you know Ali's time may be limited then why aren't you gobbling up every minute with her?  

I feel like a lot of the time I post I'm saying how much I do compared to these girls and it makes me sound braggy. Sorry!!

• Love 11
On 2/5/2019 at 12:39 AM, LotusFlower said:

So Janelle admits that she and David were partying and drunk while at home with the kids, plus the DV incident is caught on tape, and yet MTV continues to film her?  Paying her to document this dangerous life?  At what point is MTV complicit?  

THe answer is when they were filming her about overdosing with Keifer, and every day since. Not only complicit, though. Accomplices. Without their funding, most of these girls would have figured out how to live their lives in some sensible way, instead of developing these delusions that they're somehow important contributors or actual celebrities. They wouldn't have leased 25 cars, gotten full arm sleeves of tattoos, filled their asses with plastic surgery, none of that, if they'd canceled this program when it was the responsible thing to do. Instead they made a deal with the devil, and one day not far in the future, something really shitty's going to happen, and the people who work these shows every day, the production folks, one of them won't be able to sleep at night ever again. Larry or whoever will be just fine. The camera person who didn't call the police? That person's going to have a lot to live with one day. 

That these girls act as if they're actual talent, like they've achieved something, makes me wonder if the lions or cheetahs or gorillas in a zoo feel like they're so much more special than the ones in the wild, because no one's looking at those dummies! It's so much better to be cooped up so long as everyone's paying attention to you. 

This has been an Uncle Juice interruption. Please resume keeping me informed of how terrible this show is :). 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I know!!!  And she totally just laughed it off.  Telling a producer she was going to make her crap her pants. SO FUNNY.  The producers need to grow a pair and just tell Jenelle that is a shitty thing to do and say and they don't appreciate his crude humor. 

I agree about Leah.  Why isn't she taking the girls all the way to school?  And why does she not help in the class?  This will ensure Ali get the proper care she needs.  Schools fuck up all the time.  I have to fight tooth and nail for my son and make sure his 504 is being followed and am relentless in contacting people district wide, I know a lot of parents who have children that need extra help and they are there.  Leah just can't count on them and complain - she needs to be present.  I work full-time and have a toddler, do a lot of other community volunteer time and currently a debilitating medical condition and still am the President of the Booster Club at school.  I have always volunteered in class.  Maybe this is going too far but if you know Ali's time may be limited then why aren't you gobbling up every minute with her?  

I feel like a lot of the time I post I'm saying how much I do compared to these girls and it makes me sound braggy. Sorry!!

I am not watching so I am not seeing every detail, but I can totally understand why Leah is not taking them to school every day.  Now, it depends on the length of the drive, etc, but if it is anything like in my rural area--it takes 25 minutes to get to the school, and that is if you are not riding down the road with all of the buses going to the same place--that would take longer.  So if I was lucky enough to stay home/work from home/ or anything from home, I would most likely not want to spend an hour a day getting my child to school when a bus comes right across the street from me.   

With Leah there could be an exception noted to what I said--the fact that she is concerned about the wheelchair, etc, could be justification enough.  But at the same time it is also nice to try to treat the kids with needs as normal as possible.  I also am not sure what she does during the day, so if it is nothing, well then I say she could probably take the time to drive to the school.  lol

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, alexa said:

With Leah there could be an exception noted to what I said--the fact that she is concerned about the wheelchair, etc, could be justification enough.  But at the same time it is also nice to try to treat the kids with needs as normal as possible.  I also am not sure what she does during the day, so if it is nothing, well then I say she could probably take the time to drive to the school.  lol

I thought that was the point of my whole post was that Leah could do these things because she does not work outside the home and had all the extra concerns. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, alexa said:

I am not watching so I am not seeing every detail, but I can totally understand why Leah is not taking them to school every day.  Now, it depends on the length of the drive, etc, but if it is anything like in my rural area--it takes 25 minutes to get to the school, and that is if you are not riding down the road with all of the buses going to the same place--that would take longer.  So if I was lucky enough to stay home/work from home/ or anything from home, I would most likely not want to spend an hour a day getting my child to school when a bus comes right across the street from me.   

I can understand to a degree that she wants Allie to get everything she is entitled to and should be getting that the school should be providing.

However, she (Leah) is so incompetent and that is why we are faulting her for not doing enough. Then again, how could she get her nails did and her lash extensions and so on.? this all takes time and she would be too distracted "helpin" out at the school. My guess is school is not a high priority for these folks in the holler.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, BARISTA said:

Also, is this “first day of school” really such a big deal in the USA?? I might understand first day of school ever ever, but not every year ? My parents sent us off on the school bus in the mornings and went to work like regular people. 

It depends on the family.  My family made a big deal about what my parents considered milestones.  First day of kindergarten.   First day of first grade.  Then middle school.   Then high school.  Things like that.  But they did always kinda make a big deal about each years first day of school making sure we all at least made a good first impression.  You know making sure none of us went to school naked and without lunches or lunch money.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I thought that was the point of my whole post was that Leah could do these things because she does not work outside the home and had all the extra concerns. 

I understood that but sometimes people that don't live in the areas where the schools are far away understand that the driving to and from school isn't as easy as it sounds.  There are many parents where I live that probably initially thought they would drive their kids because they are home for whatever reason--but once reality kicked in on how long it takes with the drive, sitting in the circle at the school, and repeating that in the afternoon, many of them would switch to having the children take the bus.  Seriously, in my area that would be 2 hours of the day to take them to school and pick them up.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Not at all, as the same thing has crossed my mind.  I’d be spending as much of her day with her as I could.  Hell, she could become a lunch lady and work 4 hours a day at the school, just to be around her kids.  She could be the PTA liaison, she could be a library helper, the list goes on....for all I know all these girls are active in their kids schools, maybe we just don’t see it on camera.  But I don’t hear it mentioned much by any of them either.

And, like you, I work full time, but take every opportunity to help at the school as a parent volunteer.  Thankfully my employer is very encouraging when it comes to community service, so it’s never been a conflict.  But Leah doesn’t work outside the home.  And all 3 of her kids are in school now.  Her house is a mess, for the better part of 10 years we’ve never seen her interested in cooking, so....????  

And honestly I don’t care how far the drive to the school is for her.  That was her choice to live that far away.  She has a child with special needs, she needs to be available at all times to get to that school.  What if there was an emergency?  She just says, I live out in the holler, I’ll get there when I can?  I would be a nervous wreck.  I hate having to go over 30 minutes away from our school for work functions, when required.  And she clearly has no problem driving to town for her own needs.  

I don’t shame her for having Ali take the bus, but she is the one who is trying to shame the school and transportation department.  She has been provided her parents bill of rights at every single team meeting, USE IT.  

I know I sound like I’m coming down on Leah for no reason, but she irritates me.  She lied for years about her drug use.  She didn’t care one bit about getting those girls ready for school or to school on time.  Now she has a fancy boyfriend who wears scrubs and she’s little Miss crusader for Ali’s rights?   

• Love 16
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

And honestly I don’t care how far the drive to the school is for her.  That was her choice to live that far away.  She has a child with special needs, she needs to be available at all times to get to that school.  What if there was an emergency?  She just says, I live out in the holler, I’ll get there when I can?  I would be a nervous wreck.  I hate having to go over 30 minutes away from our school for work functions, when required.  And she clearly has no problem driving to town for her own needs.  

Totally agree. She made the choice to live far away and doesn't do anything all day so if it takes a long time, she needs to deal with it.  Or, as Judge Judy says, "AH-MOVE!" It's not about her convenience when she has a special needs child.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Totally agree. She made the choice to live far away and doesn't do anything all day so if it takes a long time, she needs to deal with it.  Or, as Judge Judy says, "AH-MOVE!" It's not about her convenience when she has a special needs child.

Right?! It annoys me that Leah chose to move so far away when she's inconveniencing everyone else in the process, but freaks out about a minor inconvenience to her. It's unfair to Corey, who has a busy schedule, having to drive further to get the kids, and it's inconvenient for the kids, having such a long bus ride every day. If Leah had to live far away for a job, I would understand, but it makes no sense. I wonder how far her boyfriend's house is from the school. It's weird to me when people seem blind to the ways they're inconveniencing others. If I shared custody of kids, the first thing I'd consider when moving is how it would affect the other parent, and not move far unless I had to for work. I guess as princess of the hollar, Leah is used to everyone working around her whims. 

• Love 8
On 2/5/2019 at 1:17 PM, eskimo said:

I'm so glad Ali didn't show any decline this visit.  I hope her parents don't take it as a sign that she'll get stronger if they ignore medical advice. 

I know Leah and Corey still have some real growing to do in this regard; but I did hear Leah tell her bf that Ali won't ever "get better". He was asking about these visits, something about if they see improvement. Leah seemed mature enough to be able to articulate that there are plateaus and declines, but never improvements. I'm sure it's hard to be honest about a situation like this; so I try to cut her some slack, even though I want to wring her neck some times! But.....baby steps? 

18 hours ago, lezlers said:

Do I even want to know what "spotlighting" is?

It's a hunting technique for nocturnal animals. They use high powered spotlights, flashlights, even the headlights of off-road vehicles. The practice is ostensibly JUST to be able to see the animals more clearly, but the animals often become stunned by the lights and are, therefore, easier to kill. 

I just find it cheap and disgusting. None of the hunters I know would ever do such a thing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

This episode had 1.1 million viewers.  I wonder if viewership will slide below a million as the season drags on.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-february-4-2019

FEB 4  1,106,000

JAN 28 1,142,000  Jenelle's 911 call

JAN 21  1,134,000

JAN 14  1,184,000

Wow. That's still decent ratings for an MTV show, but I think once upon a time the ratings were in the 3 million range. That said, I don't think the Challenge has ever broken a million viewers and that's an even longer running show (albeit more ridiculous every year) so I don't think TM2 will get cancelled just due to ratings. Production might decide though that they want to cut their losses before one of these kids gets killed on their watch.

• Love 4
On 2019-02-05 at 7:41 AM, BARISTA said:

I will admit to taking a photo of my son every year on the first day of school. Nothing fancy, just “stand there”, one photo and then in the car to school. I also take one on the last day of school as it’s interesting to see the changes over the year and it’s a set start and end date. 

As much as I can’t stand Janelle, there’s a very small, tiny part of me that feels for her as everyone knows she’s in an abusive relationship but her sheer desperation to maintain the facade of “a happy family”, has her force laughing that threatening texts are actually just a joke  and that she phoned 911 but it was all a “drunk misunderstanding on her part” and she phoned the police because she was “pissed off”. As you do.  She would rather look like a straight up idiot then admit to what’s going on. 

• Love 8

Fingers crossed intelligence isn’t genetic...poor Nova has a rough climb.

I also loved when little Aubrey lit up when Cole told her she looked nice.  Such a sweet kid.

I don’t think Janel has the capacity to make good decisions or if she could benefit from therapy.  These aren’t teen moms anymore. They’re pushing 30.

• Love 6
On 2/5/2019 at 7:41 AM, ghoulina said:

No. Kail apparently mentioned to some "friends" that she was thinking of reaching out to her mom. Said "friends" apparently tracked Suzie down. When Kail found out her mom was "ONLY 2 HOURS AWAY" (why, did she have reason to believe her mother had suddenly headed for the west coast??), she decided it was super shitty that SUZIE had never reached out to HER in all that time. So she decided to drop the issue. 

Kail's excuse for why she is wanting to reconnect with her family is BS. I think she has realized that she will be sitting at home alone when all of her children are at the plethora of Daddy's houses that she will be required to let them spend time with on the holidays. She probably thinks it will give her some kind of leverage if she has some of her own family that they can spend time with on those designated days. 

Kail to Baby Daddy's- "I think it would be better if they stayed here this Christmas since my third cousin removed will be visiting and they need to get to know my family too."

Baby Daddy's- That's not how it works, Kail. That's not how any of this works.

Jenelle- I am not a fan at all but to see how she explained away the 911 call was chilling. Her eyes just make it look like she is completely dead inside. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

Kail's excuse for why she is wanting to reconnect with her family is BS. I think she has realized that she will be sitting at home alone when all of her children are at the plethora of Daddy's houses that she will be required to let them spend time with on the holidays. She probably thinks it will give her some kind of leverage if she has some of her own family that they can spend time with on those designated days. 

Kail to Baby Daddy's- "I think it would be better if they stayed here this Christmas since my third cousin removed will be visiting and they need to get to know my family too."

Baby Daddy's- That's not how it works, Kail. That's not how any of this works.

I agree but I don’t. Kailyn is AWFUL and pretentious etc but she is still a human being. The woman has no one. And had no one. It’s not as if her Mom was shit but her grandma/grandpa were loving towards her and she has the memories and they recently passed away. She’s not NO Familial or familial type intimate relationships (besides her sons, whom she does love but are too young now to be any emotional comfort towards her).

Now this is still primarily her fault- what normal, healthy people do in these situations is cultivate a community based on “family of choice”, and if she hadn’t been such a hosebeast and a decent person, I think Jo and Javi’s family would be more welcoming toward her even if she wasn’t in a relationship with them any more (like my Mom had with the paternal side of my family, she had lunch with me and some of my older cousins the other day). 

So I can believe that Kailyn does want family, but I can also believe she’s not emotionally healthy enough to choose people to create her “family” who may actually love and support her (even if they aren’t biologically related). 

• Love 8
On 2/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I agree but I don’t. Kailyn is AWFUL and pretentious etc but she is still a human being. The woman has no one. And had no one. It’s not as if her Mom was shit but her grandma/grandpa were loving towards her and she has the memories and they recently passed away. She’s not NO Familial or familial type intimate relationships (besides her sons, whom she does love but are too young now to be any emotional comfort towards her).

Now this is still primarily her fault- what normal, healthy people do in these situations is cultivate a community based on “family of choice”, and if she hadn’t been such a hosebeast and a decent person, I think Jo and Javi’s family would be more welcoming toward her even if she wasn’t in a relationship with them any more (like my Mom had with the paternal side of my family, she had lunch with me and some of my older cousins the other day). 

So I can believe that Kailyn does want family, but I can also believe she’s not emotionally healthy enough to choose people to create her “family” who may actually love and support her (even if they aren’t biologically related). 

Right!!! I still have a relationship with my ex's mom, and I have a loving family too. It's nice to have that support from someone who lives in your area. Kail could have easily kept Janet and Eddie in her life, as well as javi's family. His mother used to live with them, for crying out loud! After living with a (nice) person and raising kids together, it seems like you would keep some kind of relationship. That just shows how awful Kail is if none of these people want to remain in her life, ESPECIALLY knowing that she has nobody. It's such a shame, too. I'd love to see where Kail could be if she'd been raised by Randy and Mary, for example. She has intelligence and drive, and I think she could have learned to treat people better, unlike Jenelle who i think is unable to empathize with anyone. Heck, even if kail had been raised by barb, they probably would have had epic fights, but Kail would have shown some appreciation and humanity towards her. If she'd never had to develop the defense mechanisms that she has, she might have had a shot at being a reasonable person. And I really think that without the show, she would have tried harder to make her marriage with javi work, not that he was a saint either. I feel bad for her because I feel like she doesn't see all of this, but at the same time, it's not hard to be decent to people. 

• Love 9
On 2/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, BitterApple said:

I grew up in the 80s and the first day of school consisted of my mother handing me my lunch and telling me to have a nice day as I walked out to the bus stop. No pictures, no chalkboards with future dreams written on them, no hovering in the classroom, no big productions. The only time I remember the neighborhood moms being outside with us was the first day of kindergarten and that was it. 

Having watched both Fyre Festival documentaries I conclude that millennials must be on social media all the time and must keep their "brand" up.  We were walked to school on the first day of kindergarten and then it was, "Good luck".

On 2/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, geauxaway said:
On 2/5/2019 at 10:02 AM, druzy said:

Is spotlighting legal? 

It is pretty much illegal in most states.  In Michigan you can't even hunt until dawn and must be done by dusk.  It is considered not fair to the animals.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, eskimo said:

Aubree wanted Chelsea to send Cole the picture she took of her.  She got a great dad after all! 

I love Cole!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Did I see Karl on a preview of a new singles show with Pauly D?...say it ain't so!

You did!!! I am a little confused though cuz isn't she trying to make it sound like her and Chris are a half ass item? So now you have three different baby daddies and you are going on a dating show? I'm sorry but if one of those guys were my son I would tell him to run as far away from all of her baggage as he can. 

• Love 8

Quote of the episode definitely goes to Kail, talking about her cousins (I know some of the names are wrong), "My cousins are Marly, Karly, Kailyn, Kaitlyn and McKayla.  All of our names rhyme!" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

You did!!! I am a little confused though cuz isn't she trying to make it sound like her and Chris are a half ass item? So now you have three different baby daddies and you are going on a dating show? I'm sorry but if one of those guys were my son I would tell him to run as far away from all of her baggage as he can. 

Yes but it likely got her a well deserved vacay or some such perk not to mention it will give her another 20 seconds of being relevant for her brand.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, druzy said:

Do pharmaceutical sales people wear scrubs? 

Apparently some do and googling it revealed lots of people arguing about whether or not that was proper on various sites, lol!

On 2/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I recognized the heavy set black guy- they’ve been friends for a few years, but I think he moved away for a bit. 

I love Mark, glad he’s back!

On 2/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, TexasGal said:

As often as Jenelle lies, you’d think she’d be better at it by now.

True story. Whenever Jenelle is described as intelligent I’ll remind myself of this.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I like Mark. He should replace someone from the show.  

He’d probably make a great father to Kaiser, etc. I’m pretty sure he’s gay so maybe he can educate them about the things David has taught them to be ignorant and hateful about.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:18 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I totally believe the original 911 call was legit and the new story is an obvious coverup to protect David and her current living situation. I just don't think Jenelle can ever admit that David was a big mistake and that she needs to leave him. I think she is so invested and would feel humiliated if she were shown to be wrong about him. She seems completely emotionally dependent on him also. He is such a textbook controlling abuser.  He has manipulated her right where he wants her. She is a terrible person but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I don’t think she wants to leave. I think she truly thinks they have a good relationship even though he probably scares her momentarily at times. She’s warped and messed up. I don’t think she’s ever actually even considered truly leaving him and I don't know that she ever will. She doesn’t know what love or a healthy relationship looks like.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:01 AM, geauxaway said:

Can you just see Mama Dawn?  Leah’s dating her a doctor, y’all!

Lol! I remember long ago when Dawn basically tried to pass herself off as a nurse and that was found to be bullshit.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:08 AM, configdotsys said:

Jenelle: This won’t end well for her. It’s infuriating to watch this. Most women who are in abusive relationships have no means to get out. They may have no money and nowhere to go. Jenelle has resources to get herself and the kids out of there and to even hire a personal security guard but she stays with this lunatic anyway. 

There’s no evidence Jenelle even wants to leave. Jenelle is an irrational person so we can’t use rational thinking to understand her behavior, which is what I’ve been doing too. We all are thinking that David is scary, who wouldn’t want to leave that? But Jenelle isn’t a normal person and her brain probably isn’t working in the same way.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, DangerousMinds said:

How,the hell did Brianna get an accent if she doesn't even speak Spanish?

I’ve never thought of it as an accent, but more as an affected way of speaking. I don’t think I her accent has a lick to do with being Hispanic or around Hispanic accents.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:40 AM, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

She had that stupid quote “chris and I are together even when we aren’t together, if that makes sense,” which it doesn’t make sense but I guess that doesn’t apply when she’s “hustling” for more money to pay for his stuff.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:04 AM, Mr. Minor said:

That's just what I'm looking for, a hose beast with 3 kids from 3 different dads...said by no single guy in his early twenties ever!

It looks like all the “love interest clones” on the new show she’s on are female but I doubt they want any of that either!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
On 2/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, MaggieG said:

Jenelle was making my head spin with her story. Lies!

Kail is such a sourpuss.

Brianna needs to invest in a better bra, her boobs were super saggy during the date

Every time she's onscreen, I think about how she had this plastic surgery and just looks awful, boobs sagging and big ass. She just looks trashy.

• Love 3