Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Twelve Seconds

• Start Topic

I know, who eats at 8? lol

I was kind of distracted with the "filler", the Eddie scenes, the car lessons, but at least the ending started the ball rolling. Jeri didn't want building sold because it wasn't about money, it was about who was there and what it represented to him. Why Ashley wont tell, who knows, but she is off to Spain for a while. Did they really think viewers would think she'd jump too?

I hope they tie up more lose ends but I was disappointed still no words to the kids. I like how he framed his pain and his marriage was a balm, I don't like how the children weren't mentioned, words to them, and how he never got help. I don't think the story line gels very well and Delisah's total disinterest even in his photo albums or memorabilia is strange.Maybe there are clues there stupid!   She really doesn't care and Eddie would take a chance to get back with Katherine in a second. Such shallow characters. Gary will be the savior to tie the ends up. He's the only one who has free time and a brain it seems. Rome is busy and Eddie, well, he's Eddie.

Time will tell, but I was a bit underwhelmed. I knew the woman was Jeri and not much happened but the reading of the letter and Maggie calling her mom.

Another thought, was that letter wasn't the one Jon wrote in the beginning, similar but without the Ashley will know what to do and word "implicated"  Bad writing or did Jon write one and Ashley the other?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 8

So Rome is short for Jerome!

I'm not quite sure about throwing Ashley out of the house. Sure, be mad at her, but she could still be useful as they unravel Jon's past.

Is Katherine helping Delilah out pro-bono? She's spending a lot of time with her.

• Love 10

The eating at eight cracked me up so much! And she was still cooking, when the hell were they going to eat? Eleven at night?!

I was totally convinced that Ashley was going to kill herself when she called Gary and said she was saying goodbye. Really, for all the talk about suicide, I was amazed that they didnt think of that! Thank God she was just going off to Spain instead. Honestly, I thought Delilah and Gary were too hard on her. Yes, she should have told them the whole truth earlier, but she was at least actually trying to help. Delilah was the one running around behind Jons back (who, as it turns out, never cheated on her) with his best friend, and was planning on dumping him and breaking their family up for him. She aint really one to judge on keeping secrets, and her only reason seemed to be "Jon and I hit a rough patch and I was bored". 

Is Katherine getting paid for doing all of this work? And now people in her office are working on it too, she is putting in so much work on this, way more than everyone else. I say it again, Katherine is a damn saint. her and Eddie getting divorced is probably the best thing for everyone in the long term. At least this is better for Theo than Eddies original plan of just running off and explaining himself later. 

At least we are finally getting some answers!

• Love 12

I guess Delilah saved her home by selling the buildings but did not become a millionaire if she would have waited and won the vote.  Thought they were pretty mean to Ashley, why did Gary have to yell "get out" too.  Sometimes he is too much. Apparently he was the closest with Jon.  Feel sorry for Katherine, wait till it comes out that the baby is her husband's.  As usual Delilah's tone and pathetic demeanor continues to annoy me.  

• Love 14

Oh man that was good stuff. I seriously thought Constance Zimmer was Barbara Morgan (I never read spoilers/speculation) so that came as a complete surprise.  So some questions answered and still more raised. I loved all the stuff with Eddie, Theo, and Katherine too. Great episode.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

The eating at eight cracked me up so much! And she was still cooking, when the hell were they going to eat? Eleven at night?!

I was totally convinced that Ashley was going to kill herself when she called Gary and said she was saying goodbye. Really, for all the talk about suicide, I was amazed that they didnt think of that! Thank God she was just going off to Spain instead. Honestly, I thought Delilah and Gary were too hard on her. Yes, she should have told them the whole truth earlier, but she was at least actually trying to help. Delilah was the one running around behind Jons back (who, as it turns out, never cheated on her) with his best friend, and was planning on dumping him and breaking their family up for him. She aint really one to judge on keeping secrets, and her only reason seemed to be "Jon and I hit a rough patch and I was bored". 

Is Katherine getting paid for doing all of this work? And now people in her office are working on it too, she is putting in so much work on this, way more than everyone else. I say it again, Katherine is a damn saint. her and Eddie getting divorced is probably the best thing for everyone in the long term. At least this is better for Theo than Eddies original plan of just running off and explaining himself later. 

At least we are finally getting some answers!

Yes, Delilah puts on the act for the kids, but the $ is the only reason she is vested in this. See how she threw down the albums and didn't really question why he had an apartment? My God I'd be all over that place. lol 

I think the driving lessons were WAY too long and made the commercial breaks seem even longer. It's funny how the passion was making Eddie want to run with Delilah and then he's after Katherine if she opened the door. Such a man-baby for sure.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, debraran said:

Yes, Delilah puts on the act for the kids, but the $ is the only reason she is vested in this. See how she threw down the albums and didn't really question why he had an apartment? My God I'd be all over that place. lol 

I think Delilah's first priority was keeping a roof over their heads. Now that she has saved the house, at least for now, I would be surprised if she wasn't curious about that apartment and what else was going on with Jon. I would definitely search every inch of that place!

• Love 10

Nice touch that Rome is short for Jerome. For some reason I really like that.

Katherine is one of my favorite characters, but two things I didn't understand:

Why was she so mad about the way hot guy told her about making partner?  Will they be forbidden to date once he's officially made partner?

And why did two breakfast plates automatically mean she had a sleepover?  Isn't is possible (and actually more likely) that one of her friends knew she was having a rough time, and feeling lonely because Theo was with Eddie, and came over for breakfast?

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think Delilah's first priority was keeping a roof over their heads. Now that she has saved the house, at least for now, I would be surprised if she wasn't curious about that apartment and what else was going on with Jon. I would definitely search every inch of that place!

Same here. Especially after finding out about the picture and the original view. Sorry, but I be: "Ok, the house is saved, what the hell is with this apartment? How about ask the landlord the years he was there just walking in an out and paying to keep the place. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I say it again, Katherine is a damn saint. her and Eddie getting divorced is probably the best thing for everyone in the long term.

Remember how Katherine was vilified by almost every character at the beginning?  Well, we now know that was because she's better than the lot of them (with the exceptions of Regina, Rome and Theo) combined.  And squared.

10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Why do people on TV always have dinner at 8?

Now all I can hear in my head is Sinatra's "She gets too hungry for dinner at 8."

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Edited because Regina, Rome and Theo are cool.
  • Love 17
Just now, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, they were all always going on about how Katherine was so awful, and Delilah was so wonderful. Turns out, it’s the opposite! 

I think they are both just regular old flawed human beings. Katherine's not a saint and Delilah's not a demon. 

Delilah just found out that the husband she lost to suicide, the one who had been distant and emotionally absent for a long time, had been suffering for years and never told her, and kept many secrets from her. I'm sorry but that is going to mess with your mind. People might not like how she expresses herself, and of course no one is going to applaud cheating, but she is a loving mother and has suffered a huge loss, one that is turning even more messy and confusing as time goes on. Yeah, I'm going to cut her some slack on this for now.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think they are both just regular old flawed human beings. Katherine's not a saint and Delilah's not a demon. 

Delilah just found out that the husband she lost to suicide, the one who had been distant and emotionally absent for a long time, had been suffering for years and never told her, and kept many secrets from her. I'm sorry but that is going to mess with your mind. People might not like how she expresses herself, and of course no one is going to applaud cheating, but she is a loving mother and has suffered a huge loss, one that is turning even more messy and confusing as time goes on. Yeah, I'm going to cut her some slack on this for now.

No one is a saint, but I'm pretty sure that Delilah comes pretty close to being a demon.  While she claimed that her husband was absent, instead of actually doing anything about it, she took up with one of his best friends.  Then, she expects her lover to deny his own child because that makes things easier for her.  And she is lying to everyone.  There is no way I'm able to cut that woman slack for anything after all that.

But, yeah, I think it is pretty pointed that these two characters are pretty much the opposite of how they were introduced.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

No one is a saint, but I'm pretty sure that Delilah comes pretty close to being a demon.  While she claimed that her husband was absent, instead of actually doing anything about it, she took up with one of his best friends.  Then, she expects her lover to deny his own child because that makes things easier for her.  And she is lying to everyone.  There is no way I'm able to cut that woman slack for anything after all that.

But, yeah, I think it is pretty pointed that these two characters are pretty much the opposite of how they were introduced.

But it's never been stated that she did nothing about it. For that matter, it's never been stated that Eddie did nothing about his situation with Katherine either. Maybe they tried to talk it out and got nowhere. Both Eddie and Delilah were ready to take the final step and end the marriages, so things had gotten to the breaking point for them. And it didn't seem to come as much of a surprise to Jon that Delilah was unhappy and stepping out on him. Wrong, absolutely, but it's very clear after this episode especially that Jon was not being honest with his wife and was keeping many secrets from her - and that also is very wrong.

• Love 7

I thought it was odd to see how upset Eddie was about the two breakfast plates and what it implied.  He was going to leave her high and dry a few weeks before and now looks crushed she is living her life.     

Katherine waaaayyy over reacted to the partner news.  I guess she is just very, very guarded now and anything that could look insincere even a little bit, throws her over the edge.  I did not for 1 second think he didn't tell her just to have sex with her.  To have a nice evening, yes.  Only for sex, no way.    

• Love 14

So...the whole big secret with Jon really is just a boring real estate deal? I mean...what can the significance of a woman he used to know and a building he used to live in really amount to in terms of actual surprise? He's not a bigamist with two families (presumably) so.... eh. I just can't imagine this plotline really going anywhere all that interesting or satisfying. 

And why was Ashley such a drama queen about keeping it a secret? Eh.

And Jon must have been a hell of an actor because hiding so much pain for years and years....I dunno. I get that  in real life it happens, but in a narrative story, that kind of reveal with zero actual hints or clues pointing to it is really kind of...contrived and cheap. 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I thought it was odd to see how upset Eddie was about the two breakfast plates and what it implied.  He was going to leave her high and dry a few weeks before and now looks crushed she is living her life.     

Katherine waaaayyy over reacted to the partner news.  I guess she is just very, very guarded now and anything that could look insincere even a little bit, throws her over the edge.  I did not for 1 second think he didn't tell her just to have sex with her.  To have a nice evening, yes.  Only for sex, no way.    

And you could tell Katherine was upset about Eddie saying they should get a divorce - and she was brought to tears when she realized that Eddie had seen the two plates.

Human emotions are so complex. Getting a divorce is probably the best thing for all involved, but I certainly understand why both Eddie and Katherine would be saddened, and why they would both have weird feelings about the other dating. Eddie was swept up in his emotions for Delilah when we were first introduced to him, but after the crap hit the fan, he had time to come down to earth and realize what leaving would mean. He and Katherine were happy at one time and I'm sure they both have good memories - a lot of that comes flooding back when facing the end of a marriage, often regardless of the circumstances.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 13

Carter just joined Katherine, Theo and Colin on my favorite characters list. I love how supportive of Katherine he is. 

I’m glad the mystery is finally moving but it still feels like it’s limping to an unsatisfying conclusion. The writers are just making things up that makes no sense whatsoever. Even if Ashley is the trustee she can’t just claim an insurance payout on behalf of four other people. That’s just not how it works. The insurance company would have mailed out paperwork to each of the beneficiaries.

The financial problem ended up being completely mundane and city council meetings are not exactly riveting television. 

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Balki Bartokomous! In a.. corset... I was totally not following what was happening in that scene, btw.

Seriously, what the hell was happening in that scene. 

2 hours ago, debraran said:

I think the driving lessons were WAY too long and made the commercial breaks seem even longer. It's funny how the passion was making Eddie want to run with Delilah and then he's after Katherine if she opened the door. Such a man-baby for sure.

Absolutely. Just with I think Eddie and Delilah can’t be any more unlikeable the show proves me wrong. 

ETA: That’s not the same letter that was shown in an earlier episode. 

Edited by Guest

"I sold the apartments. I told Katherine in the hallway."

"Uhhhh....why didn't you tell us? What possible reason was there to keep us, your friends, in suspense? Why would you wait until after the vote? You get that we thought that your life was ruined because of the vote, right? Why wouldn't you tell us? There was no benefit to keeping that a secret, right? And Katherine - you knew, too, why would you not saying anything? Why were even all here if the result of the vote didn't matter?"

Delilah might just be evil. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
18 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Delilah might just be evil

Truth.

I’m underwhelmed. A huge build-up to why Jon committed suicide and then just a letter referencing he’d been in pain for years. I know it is realistic as far as suicide, but building up to it for so long combined with the “will ashley kill herself or not” fakeout made it feel really cheap.

Im glad Maggie is telling her parents, but overall the driving scenes were so boring. 

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

"Uhhhh....why didn't you tell us? What possible reason was there to keep us, your friends, in suspense? Why would you wait until after the vote? You get that we thought that your life was ruined because of the vote, right? Why wouldn't you tell us? There was no benefit to keeping that a secret, right? And Katherine - you knew, too, why would you not saying anything? Why were even all here if the result of the vote didn't matter?"

Delilah might just be evil. 

I wish someone would have said that. The last few minutes rendered most of the episode completely useless and gave Delilah a magical out to all of her money problems. 

Was it really necessary to have Constance Zimmer’s character in the pilot just for this one episode?

Edited by Guest

I'm pretty sure that's when we ate dinner when I was a kid.   My parents both worked downtown until around 6.  Then they picked me up from afterschool care.  Then we drove home (an hour commute to the burbs -my mom hated that house probably for that reason) and then meal prep or going out and so dinner at 8 and then straight to bed for me. 

Katherine being on the partner track (until recently) she's had a whole lot of dinners a heck of a whole lot later than 8.  

Team divorce because Katherine can do so, so, so much better but I hate Eddie is the one asking for it.  Maybe I just hate Eddie.   Oh, wait, I do.

BALKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!    That was the highlight of the episode.   I mean I have no idea what the issue with the wedding album was or anything but BALKI!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 10

I almost feel like they were going to go in a different direction with Jon, Ashley, and Constance Zimmer but for some reason chickened out.  Now we have this extremely lame real estate deal....this is all that was in that blue envelope that was saw flashes of for 12 episodes?  This is the big secret? I’m not buying it, simply because this big build up wasn’t worth what we got. 

• Love 6

Why is Eddie even on the tour if he I just going to show up at home every episode? Is the tour bus just circling Boston? If it’s this easy for him to come home why did he miss Christmas with Theo?

I am really confused by Jon’s apartment. He bought the building in the last few years and is that when he moved his stuff in? Moving all your old stuff into your college apartment nearly 20 years later is just weird. Where was he keeping that stuff all this time? If it was at his house didn’t Delilah notice him moving out all of his memorabilia? 

Did he continue to rent it all these years? Secretly keeping your college apartment for 20 years is also really weird. I have problems with both scenarios. 

Edited by Guest

The actress who plays Ashley said it would be served piece meal in an interview. The "clues" as Nash likes to call the plot, will come out for a while and she said, maybe some things you wont know. (?)  It wasn't just the real estate deal and money Jon killed himself. He lost a lot of money trying in his unbalanced mind, to keep status quo his real estate deal. Selling those buildings was not want he wanted and I'm sure he could have before.  Hopefully Barbara or her family will be able to tell what Jon did to give him lifelong guilt and since he has no friends or family, fill in some blanks. Since he and Delilah were at odds, it didn't surprise me the writers would have her sell since he didn't want that and maybe repercussions will come out about that later. I did see a nice large picture of Jon with another woman before she closed the photo book.  "This was before me" she said with disinterest,  was such a typical Delilah statement. ; )

I have to suspend reality a lot and since it's not a sitcom and supposed to be about a serious subject, I was hoping they'd treat the subject with more drama and less twists. The fact his phone is somewhere and Ashley had the password and  no one has looked into his past gives me a headache. Who did he speak too, contact in his last days, etc. Katherine looked into the bank accounts but how did Ashley take money from the guys life insurance? She said she got the money from policy's Did I understand that correctly or did I hear wrong? The beneficiaries get the money and don't life ins companies know who they are?

I knew Ashley would never jump or the show would be a joke but it was disturbing to see the cars and people below. It brought back how awful a death it was and how in reality it could have hurt others. I assume blood tests came back without drugs (that's usually a standard with suicide unexplained) I just wish they showed some detective work. It has been quite a few weeks, holidays have passed, so many holes left in the aftermath that could have been done by people who weren't friends.

Also how is his office still open? Is someone paying the rent? It's been weeks and things are still there.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Moving all your old stuff into your college apartment nearly 20 years later is just weird. Where was he keeping that stuff all this time? If it was out his house didn’t Delilah notice him moving out all of his memorabilia? 

The visual for this cracks me up. Oh please have a flashback showing Ron Livingston squirreling away stuff from his house like Phoebe did in that one flashback episode of Friends when she was trying to move out of Monica's apartment. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, kazza said:

The visual for this cracks me up. Oh please have a flashback showing Ron Livingston squirreling away stuff from his house like Phoebe did in that one flashback episode of Friends when she was trying to move out of Monica's apartment. 

There really wasn't much there, some trophy's and albums and Harvard pennant that you could see. Picture might have been at office too with other stuff. I work with a large group of doctor's and one has a lot of college memorabilia in an old office that isn't used much anymore. We joked his wife wanted it out of the closet but truth is most have homes that it could be absorbed easily. He also had a nice but amateur painting a friend made him. Since we know nothing of Jon's background, how rich his parents were, did he get money at their death (if they are dead) he might have rented the apartment for a while and then bought it later. I thought that was how it went but conversations aren't always so clear. I'm sure since Barbara painted that from the scene out the window, she lived with him and I will venture a guess, "maybe" the girl in the album.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

Dinner at 8 is very continental, or European. When you go over to Europe, the only people in restaurants at 6 are other Americans, LOL,

I could watch the Carter and Katherine show all night! Love that dynamic!  

And I think Katherine felt that her 'friend' was a bit too cavalier is bringing up "Oh, hey, forgot to mention it last night, but I was made partner and accepted it right before I showed up here. I got your spot, that you turned down."  I'd be a bit upset myself. 

But I still want to know if he has tattoos.  :)

• Love 11
5 hours ago, deaja said:

I’m underwhelmed. A huge build-up tonwhy Jon committed suicide and then just a letter referencing he’d been in pain for years. I know it is realistic as far as suicide, but building up to it for so long combined with the “will ashley kill herself or not” fakeout made it feel really cheap.

The storytelling lacks an emotional payoff. Maybe that’s the point - it wasn’t anything big but just “ a million little things” that made Jon commit suicide. But as a drama, it hasn’t connected for me, maybe because I haven’t become invested in the central characters. Jon is still an enigma. Delilah is unlikeable as is Eddie and I haven’t seen anything to redeem them. Gary is overbearing. Rome is the most interesting but is treated as ancillary, as is his wife and Katherine. Maggie seems to be a plot device. The show lacks depth and emotional resonance and, given the subject matter, that’s damning. 

• Love 9

Delilah is such a special cupcake that it never even occurs to her that the woman whose husband she was having an affair with might deliberately give her bad legal advice, or try to sabotage her, or anything. I mean, I sure would be tempted, if I were Katherine, to torpedo the bitch, but Katherine is too good and decent a person to do that, obviously. But it never even crosses D's mind that anyone wouldn't want to help her, not even the betrayed wife.

I didn't really understand the shrieking reactions of Delilah and Gary with Ashley either. She SHOULD have given Delilah the papers before, but she was trying to help and she had actual answers and explanations to some questions that they didn't even really take the time to bother to ask before they threw her out. Gary's yelling at her was over the top and made me want to punch him a little.

It does seem like they wasted Constance Zimmer. I wanted her to be Jon's ex wife or sister or something, tho maybe that's who/what Barbara Morgan is. I look forward to seeing Drea De Matteo, tho. Wonder if Walking Dead's Carl is her kid or something.

When I was single and dating, on the rare occasion I offered to cook for someone (I hate cooking, mostly), I'd probably tell them dinner was at 8 too, especially if I'd had to work all day and then go home and get ready, etc. Sometimes the honey and I eat at 8, due mostly to laziness, lack of planning, the aforementioned dislike of cooking, and cuz Jeopardy is on at 730 and I have priorities.

I don't know all the politics of a legal office, so I didn't quite get why Katherine was so upset at her handsome co worker for the he told he'd made partner either.

It's a shame that the most interesting, compelling character on this show, and the finest actor, is dead.

I dug Maggie's pink wig.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

I didn't really understand the shrieking reactions of Delilah and Gary with Ashley either. She SHOULD have given Delilah the papers before, but she was trying to help and she had actual answers and explanations to some questions that they didn't even really take the time to bother to ask before they threw her out. Gary's yelling at her was over the top and made me want to punch him a little.

That's the problem with the whole Ashley storyline.  Earlier she was portrayed as some secret agent working behind the scenes.  The reveal was just so. . . Boring.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, kazza said:

And here it is...this week's Friends did it better moment!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kazza said:

So Rome is short for Jerome!

I'm not quite sure about throwing Ashley out of the house. Sure, be mad at her, but she could still be useful as they unravel Jon's past.

Is Katherine helping Delilah out pro-bono? She's spending a lot of time with her.

I get it. In that moment, Delilah and Gary were just furious. They just found out that not only had Ashley been (sort of) grieving alongside them while withholding very important answers to so many questions, she then gives them the suicide note that she's been holding all this time. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. At that moment, if I were Delilah, I would have gone for Ashley's throat. So yeah, it was best she be somewhere else while the others digest this latest bombshell.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, debraran said:

I have to suspend reality a lot and since it's not a sitcom and supposed to be about a serious subject, I was hoping they'd treat the subject with more drama and less twists. The fact his phone is somewhere and Ashley had the password and  no one has looked into his past gives me a headache. Who did he speak too, contact in his last days, etc. Katherine looked into the bank accounts but how did Ashley take money from the guys life insurance? She said she got the money from policy's Did I understand that correctly or did I hear wrong? The beneficiaries get the money and don't life ins companies know who they are?

Yep, you heard correctly about the life insurance money. If Ashley was able to get the money it would require her committing fraud by claiming to be each beneficiary. 

2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I don't know all the politics of a legal office, so I didn't quite get why Katherine was so upset at her handsome co worker for the he told he'd made partner either.

It was an overreaction but I understood why she was upset. Waiting until after they slept together to tell her something potentially upsetting feels a little bit manipulative. That combined with her insecurity and the crap Eddie piled on her makes her reaction realistic to me. 

32 minutes ago, TVForever said:

get it. In that moment, Delilah and Gary were just furious. They just found out that not only had Ashley been (sort of) grieving alongside them while withholding very important answers to so many questions, she then gives them the suicide note that she's been holding all this time. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. At that moment, if I were Delilah, I would have gone for Ashley's throat. So

Not to mention the envelope was ripped open already 😳. I am halfway enjoying the show but I don’t see how they can run this multiple seasons without having to rehash most of it over and over.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I wasn't a fan of Gary's reaction here either.  I'm wondering if they taped this scene multiple times and the director repeatedly asked him to make it louder and angrier.  Delilah's anger with Ashley I understand and Gary was trying to help Delilah but this was certainly not his best moment. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I'm pretty sure that's when we ate dinner when I was a kid.   My parents both worked downtown until around 6.  Then they picked me up from afterschool care.  Then we drove home (an hour commute to the burbs -my mom hated that house probably for that reason) and then meal prep or going out and so dinner at 8 and then straight to bed for me. 

My father worked a 7-3 shift when I was a kid so dinner at my house was at 3:30pm! It seemed to me that back then most people ate dinner between 5 and 6pm. Now, my husband and I work nights and have weird hours so dinner is whenever. 

11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'm assuming that by the time they got into the room things were about to start. So unless she wanted to engage in a whisper campaign during the proceeding, keeping her mouth shut was just being polite. Besides, how would we have had the drama of the reveal if she told everyone before the vote? 

Random thoughts:

Eddie is absolutely wonderful with Theo. I loved all the stuff on the bus.

Carter is awesome, he can stop by anytime. I loved the phone pep talk he gave Katherine.

I liked the scenes with Maggie and Sophie. And Sophie rocked that Def Leppard shirt and 90s choker!

(Shallow alert!) I don't think Katherine's work suitor is all that - too pretty and model-ish. David Guintoli blows him out of the water in the sex appeal department. 

The actress who plays Ashley, Christina Ochoa, is gorgeous.

I'm glad Gina told Rome how she felt about him going off his meds. 

• Love 5

The fact that Ashley opened and read a private letter meant for Delilah was reason enough to tell her to get out in my opinion. I think she is shady as hell and was obviously in love with Jon, from her endless flashbacks of him. As to why Delilah didn’t spend time looking through Jon’s yearbooks I think she had limited time to try and save her house and was probably in shock as to why he had the apartment at all. 

• Love 21

I skipped several episodes of this show and didn't miss it. Then last week was drawn back in because I thought they were gonna give some answers. So then I watch this week hoping for answers and am disappointed.

I thought fast forwarding through the boring parts would make it better. Nope. This show is so cliched.

Delilah always talks in breathy whispers. No one ever turns on any lights in these rooms. I guess all of them have lost power. The stupid fake outs; The vote didn't pass, guess Delilah and her kids will be living under a bridge. Nope. She sold the building but decided to go ahead and sit in and listen to the vote even though it had no bearing on her life. Ahsley's gonna jump. Nope. She's just going to Spain.

Why does lawyer lady continue to help Delilah? Delilah was screwing her husband until recently. If some floozy was sleeping with my man, you can bet I wouldn't be helping her with anything.

And why did Beardy McBeardson get so mad at the other philanderer and not forgive him but seems totally okay with still being friends with and helping Delilah? Double standard much? Plus, Delilah is just awful.

Yeah, Ashley should've revealed that information to Jon's family earlier, but to yell at her to get out was ridiculous. As someone up thread said, she could still have valuable information that they need to figure out what happened and why. And Beardy yelling at her to get out after Delilah (who apparently didn't care about her husband at the end of his life anyway) told her to get out reminded me of Brick Tamland yelling "LOUD NOISES!" He knows other people are upset and he wants to be upset on their behalf but doesn't quite understand everything that's going on.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Delilah is such a special cupcake that it never even occurs to her that the woman whose husband she was having an affair with might deliberately give her bad legal advice, or try to sabotage her, or anything. I mean, I sure would be tempted, if I were Katherine, to torpedo the bitch, but Katherine is too good and decent a person to do that, obviously. But it never even crosses D's mind that anyone wouldn't want to help her, not even the betrayed wife.

It does seem like they wasted Constance Zimmer. I wanted her to be Jon's ex wife or sister or something, tho maybe that's who/what Barbara Morgan is. I look forward to seeing Drea De Matteo, tho. Wonder if Walking Dead's Carl is her kid or something.

When I was single and dating, on the rare occasion I offered to cook for someone (I hate cooking, mostly), I'd probably tell them dinner was at 8 too, especially if I'd had to work all day and then go home and get ready, etc. Sometimes the honey and I eat at 8, due mostly to laziness, lack of planning, the aforementioned dislike of cooking, and cuz Jeopardy is on at 730 and I have priorities.

It's a shame that the most interesting, compelling character on this show, and the finest actor, is dead.

I dug Maggie's pink wig.

It's borderline unethical for Katherine to represent Delilah, because of the affair and looming divorce.  Even though Delilah asked for her help, there's just too much of a possibility of Delilah later claiming Katherine didn't have her best interests at heart.   And she can't be doing it pro bono, Delilah has too much money/property for that to be reasonable, and as an associate at the firm Katherine doesn't have the clout to just declare the firm is representing her pro bono.

Did new partner/non-boyfriend advise Katherine to make the demand to have 6-8pm guaranteed "out of office" time when she was trying to accept the partnership offer?  I'd be pretty pissed if that happened, and then they gave "her" offer to him.  But that's not really how law firms work anyway, generally there's a "class" of new partners, everyone is announced at the same time.  Wasn't she supervising him not that long ago, indicating he was a younger associate?

I don't believe that Jon committed suicide over the property deal.  Someone above mentioned it was probably "a million little things" which makes sense (though finding out one of your best friends is screwing your wife isn't "little").  Though note, Wikipedia says the show title is a reference to friendship being a million little things.  They are showing him as this massively successful real estate developer, ok, he blows it, he declares corporate bankruptcy and moves on.  Tough on the family that he took a mortgage out on the house (and seriously, they had that house paid off???, there's serious money from somewhere), but without any other problems he gets up and starts again.  The show may be trying to say he was never that successful and it was always a house of cards just waiting to fall, but that doesn't make the victim very likeable, and doesn't explain the mystery apt.

I have to believe the apartment and whatever happened there, or happened that caused him to no longer live there, is involved.  And everyone is right, Delilah not being interested in the apt made no sense. Heck, her statement that she didn't know any of the people in the photo album because "that was before I met him" makes no sense.  Did he NEVER talk about his college years? 

How old are these people anyway?  If in early 40's (Delilah managed to get pregnant without any medical intervention), and she and Jon have a 16 year old, she didn't meet him that long after college.  Say Delilah is 42, she had her daughter at 26!  And Wikipedia says Gary was 35 when Jon died.  I know the plot has the guys meeting in a random elevator and bonding over hockey, so they don't all need to be the similar ages, but still.  I guess Jon could be significantly older than the others, but they haven't really shown that.

• Love 4

I often get home at 7, so dinner is at 8, and sometimes later.

7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I think Katherine felt that her 'friend' was a bit too cavalier is bringing up "Oh, hey, forgot to mention it last night, but I was made partner and accepted it right before I showed up here. I got your spot, that you turned down."  I'd be a bit upset myself. 

3 hours ago, Dani said:

It was an overreaction but I understood why she was upset. Waiting until after they slept together to tell her something potentially upsetting feels a little bit manipulative. That combined with her insecurity and the crap Eddie piled on her makes her reaction realistic to me. 

Yes, this.  He knew she had been going for partner and reluctantly turned it down.  A much better approach would have been to tell her, before the date "I hope you don't mind, but since you turned it down, I asked to be made partner."  Then based on her reaction, temper how you tell her that he was accepted.  I she seems happy, then offer dinner as your treat.  Otherwise, back off.

2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Eddie is absolutely wonderful with Theo. I loved all the stuff on the bus.

Except for "that woman has a mustache!  heh heh heh."  Way to get Theo to think that making fun of people's differences is cool and fun.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

The actress who plays Ashley, Christina Ochoa, is gorgeous.

Yes she is gorgeous, in a way that kind of sneaks up on you.  It wasn't until I saw her boarding the plan that i realized, "Damn, she's a knockout."  Up till then I'd been distracted by all the faux shadiness, which we now know was much to do about nothing.

• Love 1

It took me a while to get through this, thanks to my internet cutting out (the dangers of streaming!).  I have to join the "underwhelmed" club on this.  I guess part of the problem is I don't care about Jon's shell game or even who Barbara Morgan is.  I just want to see the characters that are already here trying to straighten out their problems.  

Other thoughts:

• I really hope that Nash's intention was for the audience to realize that wasn't Jon's suicide note but rather one written by Ashley.  I mean, I would think that it would be obvious, but given some of Nash's past moves, I can't completely rule out the possibility that he thinks no one will notice and he's trying to retcon.
  • That proposed subway better have been to sell 6-inch sandwiches, because no one who is from Boston, lives in Boston, has visited Boston, or has seen a Boston sports team play calls it the "subway."
  • Maggie's pink wig was awesome!
  • I don't understand Eddie's tour.  I get that they are touring New England, but he picked up Eddie when they stopped on their way through Boston to Connecticut and he brought them back...on his way back through Boston?  And they didn't perform that night?  Did they just go to Connecticut to go to Red Robin?  Also, why were they eating at a Red Robin-like establishment when Eddie has all these dietary restrictions for Theo?  
  • I hope that the sale of the buildings gave Delilah enough money to save her house and pay the legal bill I hope Katherine slaps her with.  I mean, it is fucking unbelievable that Katherine would be helping her anyway, much less pro bono.  And now she has her co-workers on it?  Not only is this so far out of the realm of reality that no suspension of disbelief can make it work, but I would think that Katherine could get in professional trouble for all this work without the billing hours to show for it.
  • This show is consistent in one way: it makes me despise Delilah a bit more every single episode.  Has she totally farmed out the parenting of her own children to all her friends?
  • So, the photographer guy Regina was dealing with.  I don't get it at all.  But I also felt like I had seen that somewhere before, maybe a Steve Martin movie?   Something like there is a bride and he is her father?  Hmm.
  • I'm glad Regina finally told Rome to go back on his meds, but that one scene really doesn't undo the damage this show has already done on this topic.
  • I seriously want the Katherine/Theo/Carter show.  Even the characters I like in this show (Rome and Regina) are becoming boring.  But Katherine, her gay work husband, and her precocious son are the one ray of light here.
  • I have more thoughts about Katherine, but I think I'm going to talk about those in the character thread.
Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 2