Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Help, I'm Alive

• Start Topic

Meredith questions Link’s laidback approach over a patient’s treatment. Maggie worries that Richard, Jackson, and Catherine haven’t come to terms with Catherine’s diagnosis. Meanwhile, Deluca steps up in the O.R. when Owen faces a setback.

Promo:

Original Canadian air date: 1/23/19
Original American air date: 1/24/19

Every time they referred to Catherine as Dr. Fox, I was like "who?" 

Why is Teddy back and pregnant with his kid if Owen's just going to end up with Amelia? I guess throwing Tom Koracick into this mess keeps him away from Meredith where there's potential to overshadow tptb's plans for Meredith/Andrew Deluca's tru wuv. 

I'm warming up to Link. His laid back attitude is refreshing in that he's confident but not in a pompous way. Brownie points for not bowing down to Meredith, but he was also kind and is open with her without being too pushy or overstepping; unlike the aforementioned Andrew who's only personality trait is leering predatorily at Meredith and invading her personal space. At least Link is fresh and new, he makes her laugh (as did Koracick), and he didn't date her sister. 

If Derek Bailey Shepherd, who was born at the end of season 9, is just now turning 5, then tptb are clearly ignoring the huge time jump after Derek died. And then some. The GA timeline is wild. 

• Love 18

Poor Koracick. They seem to now be hinting at him and Teddy getting together, which...no thanks. I'm already annoyed enough by Teddy's presence. I don't need Koracick to get involved with her so that Amelia/Owen can get some semblance of a happy ending. 

They are giving Link a bit more to do, so that's nice. Finally they show why he's a contender for Meredith's love triangle, since before this episode, I didn't understand. Chris Carmack is charming so that does help, but they've finally given Link some maturity with his role in the birthday party and helping with the kids. The reason I can't see Deluca as an endgame option for Meredith is because I can't see him being a father to her three kids. With Link, it's not like I can completely see it either but at least I don't see him as just a glorified babysitter like I do if Deluca and Meredith ended up together. 

I will forever repeat this; Casey Parker is their best new intern still. At least he doesn't freaking stutter when introducing himself as a doctor, unlike Glasses...who is now using contacts so now I must call him Contacts.

6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

If Derek Bailey Shepherd, who was born at the end of season 9, is just now turning 5, then tptb are clearly ignoring the huge time jump after Derek died. And then some. The GA timeline is wild. 

Yeah, that confused me because I thought at first it might have been for Meredith and Derek's youngest kid, but then I realized that wouldn't have worked either. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The reason I can't see Deluca as an endgame option for Meredith is because I can't see him being a father to her three kids. With Link, it's not like I can completely see it either but at least I don't see him as just a glorified babysitter like I do if Deluca and Meredith ended up together. 

I will forever repeat this; Casey Parker is their best new intern still. 

The unbelieveability of Andrew being any sort of father-figure to the Shepherd kids is one of many reasons why I find him unsuitable for Meredith. But they highlighted this at the end of the episode where, Meredith's home hosting her son's birthday party after a day of work and, even if Andrew didn't know that the event was taking place, he completely disregards that she has three kids at home by sending her a nighttime booty call because he did a thing all by himself for the very first time. Meredith is in a whole other league, on a whole other level. But the tea leaves tell me that tptb are set on making that square peg fit into a round hole regardless of there being better options out there for the Leading Lady. 

And I agree, Casey Parker is the best intern of that group. I'd place Dahlia Qadri in second, but because both have been severely underused, we don't know much about them. The other two are incredibly annoying but I think we're supposed to think they're funny? (I don't.) 

• Love 7

There's been very little writing for Casey Parker, which may explain the Best Intern impression. Ditto for Qadri.

When Meredith asked Linc why he didn't explain his decision in the ER and he replied because he didn't have to explain his decisions to Meredith, my household shouted "But you need to explain yourself to the intern to teach him!" Also, how about if there is a professional disagreement you explain your position to your colleague who is on the board of the hospital instead of ignoring her concerns? Even if he was Mr. Charming at the party, he still came off as a jerk there.

I never liked Catherine so her pulling the "I have cancer card" did not surprise me. Maybe she could try talking to her husband and son since she's lucky enough to have them both. (Just to make sure that I'm not being hypocritical, I checked with my family and they confirmed that I never pulled the cancer card myself.)

I'm very pleasantly surprised that the Owen triangle ended so quickly and without major angst. Of course there still is plenty of potential for it since Teddy is apparently not over Owen, getting upset at seeing him intubated and tenderly stroking his brow, but so far, not as bad as I had feared.

Is Koracick making a move on Teddy?  It seems weird to me to want sex with a woman who is pregnant with another man's baby. That said, wow, the actor has chemistry with everybody.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

They are giving Link a bit more to do, so that's nice. Finally they show why he's a contender for Meredith's love triangle, since before this episode, I didn't understand. Chris Carmack is charming so that does help, but they've finally given Link some maturity with his role in the birthday party and helping with the kids. The reason I can't see Deluca as an endgame option for Meredith is because I can't see him being a father to her three kids. With Link, it's not like I can completely see it either but at least I don't see him as just a glorified babysitter like I do if Deluca and Meredith ended up together. 

I don't understand. Why does anyone have to be "endgame?" Meredith can't date/have a couple flings without having to end up with said fling?

I am asking honestly.

• Love 4

So this was better than last week I guess. If only for the fact that I actually enjoyed 1.5 storylines this time.

I'm liking Link more and more. I like his laid-back attitude and he's fun and I find him all around enjoyable. I can see him with Meredith way more than DeLuca and I say that as someone who likes DeLuca. Link with little Bailey was very cute, even if it was just a quick moment. I also liked how he sat and talked with Meredith after the party. They looked very comfortable with each other.

Back to DeLuca: I really liked that he got to shine as a surgeon this time. IIRC they've reduced him to a love interest in most episodes since he's joined the show, so it's refreshing they're letting him step up as a surgeon.

Is it just me or does recurring character Catherine Avery... pardon me, Catherine Fox of course, have more of a story than OG Alex Karev? Frankly I'm tired of this crap. He gets some scenes here any there, sometimes they're even good, but there's nothing I could remotedly call a storyline. Why is it that no matter who runs this show and who the writers are, there never seems to be anyone who advocates for Alex to get a storyline? Jo's situation is not much better, her inovation fellowship story has been MIA for a while now, but with her I have more hope that a story might show up on the horizon eventually, not professionally, but hopefully a personal one.

I have zero interest in anything Maggie, Jackson, Glasses and HAOG. And even less so in Teddy, Amelia or Owen and of course those 3 are the characters the writers have to hit us over the head with over and over. Can they take a backseat already? Not just because they annoy me, but because there are other characters who haven't had the spotlight in quite a while *cough*Alex&Jo*cough*.

In my opinion Teddy doesn't fit into the show anymore. Owen was such an idiot this episode. He was obviously quite sick, but of course he refuses to go home. I was not sorry when he was knocked out. He only had himself to blame  for that.

• Love 12

Owen's insistence on continuing to work in the pit while he was clearly sick made me so mad. There are already sick people so quit acting like you're a martyr whose skills are so necessary that it's worth risking giving everyone else whatever it is you have. There's no need to give all the patients and staff the flu. GO HOME.

I liked that when Maggie was being petulant, Teddy steered her back to trying to be more professional and Maggie admitted that she'd heard nothing but good things about her work. Yes, please put your personal feelings aside for two seconds and act like an adult who is at work!

Jo is next on my STFU list. I know she was defending Linc, but as he pointed out, it was not her place to tell EVERYONE IN THE OR that he had cancer. Why is it so hard for these people not to share other people's information?

Deluca gets points for taking over Owen's surgery and calmly supporting Schmitt. He will be a good teacher to the interns (even though isn't he in the same class with Schmitt?).

It was nice of Hellmouth to offer to put Schmitt's contacts in for him, but I was like GURL, YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST!

How was Linc the only adult at the birthday party? Where were Maggie and Amelia and everyone else who should be there to celebrate Bailey's birthday? Maybe they figured since it's his fifth time turning five, they didn't really need to be there.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

And I agree, Casey Parker is the best intern of that group. I'd place Dahlia Qadri in second, but because both have been severely underused, we don't know much about them. The other two are incredibly annoying but I think we're supposed to think they're funny? (I don't.) 

Actually, we know more about Casey Parker than any of the other interns. We know he's transgender, spent time in the Air Force, and that he has a criminal history for hacking. 

What do we really know about Glasses/Contacts or Intern Amy Schumer? Besides their romantic interests, not much. But Casey IS underused, so I definitely agree with that. 

• Love 6

Really curious as to why Maggie feels she has any right to be mad at Teddy when Teddy could have had her lose her license for the MASSIVE HIPPA violation earlier this season, but I guess we aren’t supposed to remember that. And Maggie and Amelia’s aren’t sisters, so Maggie can take a seat.

@statsgirl, was the youngest boy of the two belonging to the stressed-out aunt little Aiden from GH?

Teddy whining to Owen that Maggie hated her and seemingly not taking any real responsibility for why that was pissed me off. Maggie isn't mad at you because you are pregnant, Teddy (or at least she shouldn't be, IIRC Owen and Amelia weren't technically together at that time), she's mad at you because you have been in Seattle for almost a month and only now told Owen you were pregnant. I didn't like that Owen offered Teddy his job. She was the one that came to Seattle to Grey-Sloan with no plan, she should figure it out. Why can't she take over Bailey's job? Alex doesn't want it.

• Love 3

My favorite part was when Owen asked for someone to break his fall, and nobody did.

I can't stand the Mere/DeLuca/Link love triangle. It's so unrealistic that two hot young men would be competing for a single mother in her late 40s, especially one who is their superior at work. Yes, Meredith is supposed to be a "brilliant" surgeon, but I still don't buy it. Plus, it makes my skin crawl that she's even thinking about having sex with her sister's ex-boyfriend.

When Jo walked in on Amelia and Koracik fighting, smugly told them about the super-futuristic tumor excision technique, and asked for their tablet, I was expecting her to show them some cool visualization. Instead, it was a page of Google search results. Is googling considered the "future of medicine" now?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

@statsgirl, was the youngest boy of the two belonging to the stressed-out aunt little Aiden from GH?

Teddy whining to Owen that Maggie hated her and seemingly not taking any real responsibility for why that was pissed me off. Maggie isn't mad at you because you are pregnant, Teddy (or at least she shouldn't be, IIRC Owen and Amelia weren't technically together at that time), she's mad at you because you have been in Seattle for almost a month and only now told Owen you were pregnant. I didn't like that Owen offered Teddy his job. She was the one that came to Seattle to Grey-Sloan with no plan, she should figure it out. Why can't she take over Bailey's job? Alex doesn't want it.

Yes, I think it was the same boy.

While I don't want Owen giving Teddy his position, I'd like it even less if she were surgical chief, which on this show is not only running the surgical department but the whole hospital.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Inerttt said:

Isn’t Trauma a completely different speciality from Cardio Thoracic surgery? How the hell does it make sense for Teddy to become the new head of trauma? 

My only guess is cause she was in the military? I’m not sure how that works. 

Man I can not get over maggie. Just what she’s allowed to get away with. Remember Cristina the first time she met teddy and how teddy handled that. I wish she’d handle Maggie’s self righteous attitude the same way. Teddy didn’t ruin anything for amelia, amelia and Owens stupid ass back and forth did this. Yes teddy should have told him and her reasons for not doing so we’re stupid but nuance and “grey area” is so lost on maggie.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

@statsgirl

Shouldn't Teddy be the one judging Maggie for breaking HIPAA?

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Inerttt said:

Isn’t Trauma a completely different speciality from Cardio Thoracic surgery? How the hell does it make sense for Teddy to become the new head of trauma? 

Yes. But worse is why is a surgeon of any sort in charge of the ER when there are doctor who actually specialize in Emergency Medicine?

35 minutes ago, Layne said:

Shouldn't Teddy be the one judging Maggie for breaking HIPAA?

HIPAA has only been around since 1996 under Clinton. And HIPAA is not perfect, An overly strong compliance can lead to problems with both research and clinical care.

Why was HIPAA created?  My guess is that it was to encode what we feel is morally right, which is that a person's personal information should remain private unless the person agrees to its disclosure (except when it's a legal issue, then there is a legal duty to disclose).

In terms of moral rights, should Teddy have told Owen that she was pregnant with his baby given that she was going to raise the child? It seems that most people think so.  In 25 years there may be a law that says that a woman has to tell a man if she is pregnant with his child if she is going to carry the child to birth so that he can have a voice in what happens, just as 25 years ago there was no HIPAA.   It was only in the 1970s that doctors were forbidden from sleeping with their patients.

So while right now Teddy has the legal high ground in terms of HIPAA, she doesn't have the moral one because they both were wrong.

• Love 2

I started wearing contacts as an adult about 4.5 years ago, and it took me a solid week to be able to put them on in under ten minutes; I hate Glasses, but that made me giggle.  Also, Hellmouth, OH MY GOD, WASH YOUR HANDS!!!  I went into my fugue state during the Glasses/HAOG, chemistry-free makeout session; it really does help.

Owen, Jesus Christ, no one wants your disgusting plague.  Stay. the fuck. home.

Maggie, watch your step, girl.  Teddy could (and probably should) report your ass to HIPAA, get your medical license revoked, and take over your job herself.

Teddy, what happened to the awesome doc who mentored Cristina Fucking Yang?  I miss that version of you; this version is a whiny, annoying ass.

Catherine, I wish I could sympathize with you, but you are such a self-righteous asshole that I cannot muster an iota of interest in your possible cancer death.

Linc embodies bland to me, I don't think Meredith and DeLuca match up well, and I just find that whole triangle so tedious.

Koracik, you do you, boy.

• Love 11

I like Koracik in every scene he’s in, and the show overall is not that bad if I pretend seasons 1-10 never happened. If I compare this season to any season that included Christina and Derek, I end up hate watching. But as a stand alone season, this one has been decent. 

Also, Teddy makes me super uncomfortable anytime she’s on screen because the actress who plays her is far far too thin and has been since she first showed up. Looking at her skeleton wrists and hands just worries me too much. 

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 4

When did Teddy become awful?

Owen has always been awful.  

Linc sucks.  Please stop.  

If Catherine wanted secrecy, she should have gone to another hospital and used other doctors. Who consults with both her son and husband’s colleagues? 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 6

I'm baffled as to why an adult wearing glasses is viewed as such a bizarre oddity. 

It's not, but Glasses had a crazy incident in which his glasses fell on or into a patient during surgery, if I recall (someone correct me or embellish the recollection, please). He had an aversion to wearing contacts (also can't remember if that's correct) and then settled on wearing a strap on his glasses to keep them firmly in place. So it's not that ANYONE wearing glasses is seen as odd, it's that for HIM, his glasses caused a hugely humiliating situation and remind him of his lack of confidence. And then, as he said at the end, he wanted to now look as different as he suddenly felt, after his positive experience.

I'm one of the very few people who likes Catherine. She has said and done some awful things, absolutely, but it's a soap opera, so someone has to be the over-the-top drama queen. I'm fine with that. I actually liked the scene at the end with the three of them screaming at each other. At least they were being fairly honest and open. I didn't even mind her playing the cancer card. I know I did when I was going through my cancer experience - perhaps not in the same way she did, but yeah, there were a few times when I did. Was it right to do so? Maybe not - but Catherine, as a newly-diagnosed person, gets a pass from me for the moment. I don't think I was exactly the epitome of grace or benevolence in the first week or so following my diagnosis. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Biggie B said:

It's not, but Glasses had a crazy incident in which his glasses fell on or into a patient during surgery, if I recall (someone correct me or embellish the recollection, please). He had an aversion to wearing contacts (also can't remember if that's correct) and then settled on wearing a strap on his glasses to keep them firmly in place. So it's not that ANYONE wearing glasses is seen as odd, it's that for HIM, his glasses caused a hugely humiliating situation and remind him of his lack of confidence. And then, as he said at the end, he wanted to now look as different as he suddenly felt, after his positive experience.

I'm one of the very few people who likes Catherine. She has said and done some awful things, absolutely, but it's a soap opera, so someone has to be the over-the-top drama queen. I'm fine with that. I actually liked the scene at the end with the three of them screaming at each other. At least they were being fairly honest and open. I didn't even mind her playing the cancer card. I know I did when I was going through my cancer experience - perhaps not in the same way she did, but yeah, there were a few times when I did. Was it right to do so? Maybe not - but Catherine, as a newly-diagnosed person, gets a pass from me for the moment. I don't think I was exactly the epitome of grace or benevolence in the first week or so following my diagnosis. 

I like Catherine too she’s just infuriating sometimes 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Deluca gets points for taking over Owen's surgery and calmly supporting Schmitt. He will be a good teacher to the interns (even though isn't he in the same class with Schmitt?).

It occurred to me, since Jo is now an attending, doesn't there need to be a new chief resident?  Hmmm...

9 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Teddy, what happened to the awesome doc who mentored Cristina Fucking Yang?  I miss that version of you; this version is a whiny, annoying ass.

Between Teddy, Meredith, and Miranda, this is the season of regression. 

• Love 7
On 1/24/2019 at 9:15 AM, Lady Calypso said:

With Link, it's not like I can completely see it either but at least I don't see him as just a glorified babysitter like I do if Deluca and Meredith ended up together. 

With all the references to him as "Cancer Kid", maybe his treatments have rendered him incapable of fathering children.  Thus making him ok to be stepdad in a Meredith Grey ready-made family.  And I agree, he comes off better suited than Andrew. 

Catherine's surgical patient was a perfect example of what cancer treatments can do to reproductive systems.  Maybe that was the point of her story.  

Coincidence? 

And I did, do and will always hate Maggie.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It was nice of Hellmouth to offer to put Schmitt's contacts in for him, but I was like GURL, YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST!

RIGHT?!??  Hospitals are dirty, dirty places; god knows what her paws have picked up since she last washed them!  

• Love 14

Did I hear correctly that Teddy became the chief of trauma? What about Owen? I admit I didn't pay too much attention to that episode so... Could anyone explain that to me? :)

Edited by lorbeer
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, marceline said:

How can Owen just give Teddy his job? Does the hospital even have a Human Resources department? The way these people just decide among themselves who should have what job is ridiculous.

I was coming here to ask that same question? Say what? Owen can just give his job to someone else??? just like that???

Not interested in anything Owen/Amelia (Though she bugs less now that the tumor has been removed!) and Teddy. As someone said up thread--- the actress playing Teddy is anorexia skinny. Feed that poor woman a sandwich.

I don't mind Meredith dating/having a fling or two. It's nice to see her smile.

But that Linc dude? no...just no. And they gave him the childhood cancer card? Didn't Stephanie (who got all burned up in the season finale a couple years back ) have the same story? Childhood cancer-- lots of time spent in hospitals -- becomes doctor because of it. Yeah I remember too. Wash rinse repeat.

And I laughed out loud and little Derek being 5 years old! hahaha! Grey's timeline is so effing funky! How is that child still only 5?????

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lorbeer said:

Did I hear correctly that Teddy became the chief of trauma? What about Owen? I admit I didn't pay too much attention to that episode so... Could anyone explain that to me? :)

Teddy makes this big speech about sacrifices.  Even though she left Germany on her own and no one asked her to do anything.  Then she basically references working for a 20 year old Maggie which isn’t true and is completely offensive.  Owen feels bad like a chump and gives her his job even though he never checks with HR or the hospital and Teddy the last time I checked was a heart not a trauma surgeon 

Also I hate Linc, he’s annoying. But in general I hate people who act blase about everything 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

In terms of moral rights, should Teddy have told Owen that she was pregnant with his baby given that she was going to raise the child? It seems that most people think so.  In 25 years there may be a law that says that a woman has to tell a man if she is pregnant with his child if she is going to carry the child to birth so that he can have a voice in what happens, just as 25 years ago there was no HIPAA.   It was only in the 1970s that doctors were forbidden from sleeping with their patients.

So while right now Teddy has the legal high ground in terms of HIPAA, she doesn't have the moral one because they both were wrong.

But it's not like Maggie went to Owen and told him. She told Meredith.  Which would easily lead to it just spreading around.  

I don't think the two are equivalent. At that point, Teddy was in the first trimester of a pregnancy and had just found out that the father was in what she thought was a committed relationship. What if she was considering termination?  Maybe she was deciding not to tell Owen until she knew for sure she was keeping it because as his friend, she knew how hard Cristina's abortion was on him.  Maggie didn't consider any of this. Just "I can't keep a secret so let me tell Meredith who also can't keep a secret."  

Just now, deaja said:

But it's not like Maggie went to Owen and told him. She told Meredith.  Which would easily lead to it just spreading around.  

I don't think the two are equivalent. At that point, Teddy was in the first trimester of a pregnancy and had just found out that the father was in what she thought was a committed relationship. What if she was considering termination?  Maybe she was deciding not to tell Owen until she knew for sure she was keeping it because as his friend, she knew how hard Cristina's abortion was on him.  Maggie didn't consider any of this. Just "I can't keep a secret so let me tell Meredith who also can't keep a secret."  

But teddy was in town because she was keeping it.  If she decided not to keep it she could have done that in Germany 

Just now, dmc said:

But teddy was in town because she was keeping it.  If she decided not to keep it she could have done that in Germany 

At this point, yes.  But at the point where Maggie told Meredith, it was unclear.  

1 hour ago, dmc said:

Teddy makes this big speech about sacrifices.  Even though she left Germany on her own and no one asked her to do anything.  Then she basically references working for a 20 year old Maggie which isn’t true and is completely offensive.  Owen feels bad like a chump and gives her his job even though he never checks with HR or the hospital and Teddy the last time I checked was a heart not a trauma surgeon 

Also I hate Linc, he’s annoying. But in general I hate people who act blase about everything 

Thank you! :) Also I like kinda like Linc ;) But you're right that acting that way is annoying :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Stephanie had sickle cell, and had an experimental bone marrow transplant at five or so.    It's hard for me to keep the back stories straight, so I googled it. 

I didn't bother to google it-- I was just trying to remember.. she had something as a child requiring her to stay in hospital for long time-- I thought cancer?

Maggie is fucking insufferable. I'm completely on Catherine's side here. Meredith should have never told Maggie. But Maggie should have never told everyone else. Why isn't Mere yelling at her? I like Mere and Linc.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, deaja said:

At this point, yes.  But at the point where Maggie told Meredith, it was unclear.  

I thought Teddy had decided at to keep the baby at that point.  Whether or not though, there was nothing that Teddy said to Maggie that suggested that she might not have the baby so naturally Maggie assumed that she was keeping it.

It makes sense to me that a child who has suffered a life-threatening disease and survived because of medical care would want to grow up to be a doctor. It's also true in real life.

33 minutes ago, Court said:

Maggie is fucking insufferable. I'm completely on Catherine's side here. Meredith should have never told Maggie. But Maggie should have never told everyone else. Why isn't Mere yelling at her? I like Mere and Linc.

Maggie's mother hid her illness from Maggie and Maggie feels that she lost out on valuable time with her mother because of it.  She was also angry at Jackson that he knew but didn't tell her.

Maggie was in the wrong (although Meredith was the one breaking HIPAA here, not Maggie) but she was doing for Jackson what she had wanted done for her in her own mother's case and didn't get. I can understand why she did it.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought Teddy had decided at to keep the baby at that point.  Whether or not though, there was nothing that Teddy said to Maggie that suggested that she might not have the baby so naturally Maggie assumed that she was keeping it.

It makes sense to me that a child who has suffered a life-threatening disease and survived because of medical care would want to grow up to be a doctor. It's also true in real life.

Maggie's mother hid her illness from Maggie and Maggie feels that she lost out on valuable time with her mother because of it.  She was also angry at Jackson that he knew but didn't tell her.

Maggie was in the wrong (although Meredith was the one breaking HIPAA here, not Maggie) but she was doing for Jackson what she had wanted done for her in her own mother's case and didn't get. I can understand why she did it.

Whars killing me though, she’s not the first to be like this but the first to not be called out and the first to be given the high ground by the show.

maggie is not thinking of anyone else but herself. Not Jackson, not Richard, and certainly NOT the women who has cancer and has lost all agency. It’s driving me crazy how this is just being shrugged off. 

Maggie has been like this, it’s about what *she* thinks is right and on *her* timetable. It gets put under the guise of “I tell the truth” but nuance is dead with her. Meredith kind of gets like this too back in the day, she would def take sides, but Meredith also would hear the other out and realize that life doesn’t work in a black and white way and that sometimes there’s not always a villain. They are even trying to develop maggie into any semblance of a mature human being. 

And speaking of her mother, I wish maggie would think about why her mother kept her illness from her. Why she went on an “end of my life” world tour WITHOUT her daughter. 

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 8
On 1/24/2019 at 3:20 AM, funnygirl said:

There was a time jump after Derek died, but there were also a couple seasons that I don't think were supposed to be a full year in Grey's time. But Jo started her residency at the beginning of season 9 and finished it at the end of season 14. And this is five years. So Bailey being born at the end of season 9 and just turning 5 sort of matches that.

10 hours ago, transitfan said:

It occurred to me, since Jo is now an attending, doesn't there need to be a new chief resident?  Hmmm...

Yes, but I don't think Deluca is only one year below her in the residency program, was he? I think we don't know anyone who should currently be a 5-year resident. 

• Love 1

Oh God. So Teddy did give up her perfect life in Germany so she could be close to a man who's rejected her THREE times now. FFS. I just can't.

I'm still 100% sure that Catherine is going to be just fine in the end, so I can't bring myself to care about her tragic story. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, dmc said:

Then she basically references working for a 20 year old Maggie which isn’t true and is completely offensive. 

Was it offensive when Jackson and Callie called her "like 12" or when Cristina said she rode in on her big wheel? 

21 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, but I don't think Deluca is only one year below her in the residency program, was he? I think we don't know anyone who should currently be a 5-year resident. 

DeLuca was an intern at the end of Season 13 so he's at most a 3rd year resident. He's a year ahead of Glasses. 

2 hours ago, taanja said:

I didn't bother to google it-- I was just trying to remember.. she had something as a child requiring her to stay in hospital for long time-- I thought cancer?

Sickle cell anemia. 

• Love 6

My nitpick of the week: opening sequence has Meredith with her hair all French-braided. Next scene, waiting for the ambulance to arrive, it's down and loose. Even though it is the very same shift of the very same day.

Which says much more about my caring for any other drama during this episode.

• Love 6
On 24.1.2019. at 9:20 AM, funnygirl said:

Every time they referred to Catherine as Dr. Fox, I was like "who?" 

There's been so much ridiculous nonsense on this show over the years, but the entire "Harper Avery is a sexual predator" storyline and especially its resolution is one of the few genuinely revolting ones. I still can't believe it was actually picked up and approved. 

• Love 8
On 1/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, statsgirl said:

Is Koracick making a move on Teddy?  It seems weird to me to want sex with a woman who is pregnant with another man's baby. That said, wow, the actor has chemistry with everybody.

Greg Germann is awesome-I'm hoping they make him a regular, not recurring, on the show.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, IrishPirate said:

My nitpick of the week: opening sequence has Meredith with her hair all French-braided. Next scene, waiting for the ambulance to arrive, it's down and loose. Even though it is the very same shift of the very same day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, moonorchid said:

Whars killing me though, she’s not the first to be like this but the first to not be called out and the first to be given the high ground by the show.

maggie is not thinking of anyone else but herself. Not Jackson, not Richard, and certainly NOT the women who has cancer and has lost all agency. It’s driving me crazy how this is just being shrugged off. 

Maggie has been like this, it’s about what *she* thinks is right and on *her* timetable. It gets put under the guise of “I tell the truth” but nuance is dead with her. Meredith kind of gets like this too back in the day, she would def take sides, but Meredith also would hear the other out and realize that life doesn’t work in a black and white way and that sometimes there’s not always a villain. They are even trying to develop maggie into any semblance of a mature human being. 

And speaking of her mother, I wish maggie would think about why her mother kept her illness from her. Why she went on an “end of my life” world tour WITHOUT her daughter. 

I also like to know why Maggie never got any information on why her mother felt "smothered" by her husband. She even said whens he finally left him: "I feel I could finally breathe." Yet Maggie never once goes; "Why, why would you ever feel like that? Dad was never like that to me." Yet, it was just ignored or Maggie did her: "Ok, I'm just going to give you my deer in the headlights look and stop talking and go buy milk later." They can't turn Maggie into a mature person, because she constantly acts like she is 9. I know everyone on the show acts like they are in middle school, but Dear God! Maggie never grows as a character or anything and as much as the writer staff seems to love the actress, her character is horrible. 

• Love 7