Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

Is VK really that bad?

I know she is a goofy, ganglyoutgoing, slightly awkward teenager.  But I actually love her extrovert personality.  I think we are expecting a lot from a teenager.

Her dancing is not perfect, but DCC is littered with meh dancers.  Is she worse than all those girls who never, ever move up in the formation or make show group, even after years on the squad?  I'm looking at Jessika, Yuko, Savannah, etc., just to name a few.

People seem to hate how much she was featured on the show.  However, she is reality television gold.  She always appears natural in her talking heads (which I believe are highly directed, if not fully scripted). Also, her storyline makes sense and doesn't lose much in the editing process.  One of the most powerful scenes was the office scene of her and Jinelle.  Jinelle was pissed and VK was embarassed.  It was true emotion on both their parts.  That is what I'd rather see, than those highly edited scenes with Vivian and Gina, designed to put drama where none really exists.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Is VK really that bad?

I know she is a goofy, ganglyoutgoing, slightly awkward teenager.  But I actually love her extrovert personality.  I think we are expecting a lot from a teenager.

Her dancing is not perfect, but DCC is littered with meh dancers.  Is she worse than all those girls who never, ever move up in the formation or make show group, even after years on the squad?  I'm looking at Jessika, Yuko, Savannah, etc., just to name a few.

People seem to hate how much she was featured on the show.  However, she is reality television gold.  She always appears natural in her talking heads (which I believe are highly directed, if not fully scripted). Also, her storyline makes sense and doesn't lose much in the editing process.  One of the most powerful scenes was the office scene of her and Jinelle.  Jinelle was pissed and VK was embarassed.  It was true emotion on both their parts.  That is what I'd rather see, than those highly edited scenes with Vivian and Gina, designed to put drama where none really exists.

Short answer: no, she’s really not that bad IMO, especially if you’re talking about dance ability. She’s not the best, but if she made the team, I doubt she would stick out to the average fan. Her weight gain during training camp was glaring, but if she can keep it under control for a few months during tc, I actually don’t see why she wouldn’t make it. 

Beyond that, she really just strikes me as a sheltered, spoiled girl who lacks a filter, which as you said, makes for good reality tv. I don’t really see anything sinister about her though I get why she grates on people’s nerves, and Kelli, Kitty, and Charlotte set her up by pretending like she was the best ever before she had ever set foot in training camp. That’s not her fault.  Also, I do think she would be better off if she moved away from home and grew up a bit away from everything-DCC-at all times, but going away for college isn’t everything, nor for everyone.  Plenty of kids go to college as immature brats and leave the same way that they got there. Likewise, plenty of ppl stay home and never move their entire lives and are happy with no regrets. Perhaps she really is pursuing what she (not just her mom) wants..

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, hypeman said:

Is VK really that bad?

Like you said she’s young and immature. I thought the issue with her was the obvious special treatment she received and better dancers being cut before her. Veterans have been called out and cut for falling out of pirouettes. She got “ bless her heart.”

As for how much she was featured, the editors loved making her look ridiculous. I’m not sure that she should want that treatment again.

I found her to be spoiled and entitled. Other girls her age have been on the show and not had her obnoxious personality of pushing to the front, etc.   Even that wouldn’t be quite so bad if she wasn’t, as you said, a mediocre dancer.  

Edited by rose711
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, hypeman said:

Is VK really that bad?

I wouldn't say she's THAT bad, she's . . . average.  I think it's mostly her attitude (either in real life or perceived) and the preferential treatment she got that has put up most people's backs.  She seemed entitled, spoiled, unused to criticism and FAR too comfortable with someone who had the potential to be her boss.  Every round, starting at the preliminary round, it was rumored she was telling people she was guaranteed to make it to the next round so didn't have to worry.  It was rumored (with some substantiation from what was seen on the show, albeit not as much as we would have liked) that Kelly essentially shut down the other judges in Semi-Finals and Finals and told them that Victoria was moving on.  In Finals, we've seen so many times that a girl who falls out of basic moves like pirouettes or otherwise falters tends not to make it to Training Camp.  Some do, however.  However, the things we've seen Victoria do, both before and during Training Camp, have gotten other girls cut.  Move out of formation even after being warned (also indicates that there were other dance mistakes as well as not being able to absorb, retain and incorporate it into the next performance)?  Usually leads to being cut.  Gaining weight?  Cut.  Just ask Hannah and the numerous other girls who were cut for gaining 5 pounds or less yet Victoria can gain at least 11 pounds (and was told judges thought she was "fluffy" or heavier at Auditions) and Kitty (as well as Kelli) said to "give her the respect she deserves to lose it".  This, from the woman (Kitty) who called out at least five veterans (including Nicole Bulcher) and told them they were too heavy and needed to lose weight (most needed to lose much less than the 11-15 Victoria had to lose) as well as Veronica, Brittany Schram, and numerous other girls. Victoria was also given a chance to work with both a nutritionist and Jinelle to improve her diet (and have it paid by the organization even if the nutritionist works/worked for Cowboy Fit).  No other girl was given that.  The closest we have ever seen the DCC come to help a girl with her weight is either the MyFitFoods thing for certain girls or the psuedo-nutritionist who said carbonation causes cellulite.

Frankly, if Victoria had been ANY other girl with NO connection to Kelli and/or Kitty, she wouldn't have made it into Training Camp and maybe not even Finals.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

What surprises me about VK is the number of people in her life who don't correct her, inform her, teach her, etc?  Seriously, not one dance teacher talked to her about her moving into someone else's space.  No one, including veteran and alumni DCC's have spoken to her about pushing to the front.  She showed no respect to Jinelle and Kelli really didn't seem to care.  Kelli didn't even seem to care that her own orders were disobeyed.  Like @EricaShadows said above, Kitty wants VK to be respected but screw everyone else.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Short answer: no, she’s really not that bad IMO, especially if you’re talking about dance ability. She’s not the best, but if she made the team, I doubt she would stick out to the average fan. Her weight gain during training camp was glaring, but if she can keep it under control for a few months during tc, I actually don’t see why she wouldn’t make it. 

Beyond that, she really just strikes me as a sheltered, spoiled girl who lacks a filter, which as you said, makes for good reality tv. I don’t really see anything sinister about her though I get why she grates on people’s nerves, and Kelli, Kitty, and Charlotte set her up by pretending like she was the best ever before she had ever set foot in training camp. That’s not her fault.  Also, I do think she would be better off if she moved away from home and grew up a bit away from everything-DCC-at all times, but going away for college isn’t everything, nor for everyone.  Plenty of kids go to college as immature brats and leave the same way that they got there. Likewise, plenty of ppl stay home and never move their entire lives and are happy with no regrets. Perhaps she really is pursuing what she (not just her mom) wants..

Beyond weight and fitting into the DCC uniform, VK is a media risk. She comes across as immature, unpolished and unprofessional. Her dancing isn't the best, isn't the worst; but there is no way she could be trusted to do interviews after what we saw last season. Maybe that improves with time and age and life experience, but given what we know about what she hasn't done during this 'off' season I'd say we're gonna little to no real maturity growth this go around. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

What surprises me about VK is the number of people in her life who don't correct her, inform her, teach her, etc?  Seriously, not one dance teacher talked to her about her moving into someone else's space.  No one, including veteran and alumni DCC's have spoken to her about pushing to the front.  She showed no respect to Jinelle and Kelli really didn't seem to care.  Kelli didn't even seem to care that her own orders were disobeyed.  Like @EricaShadows said above, Kitty wants VK to be respected but screw everyone else.

Oh, I'm sure dancer teachers along the way have talked her about these things, but that is why she is known as a studio hopper until finally mommy's money talked. There is a reason she doesn't branch out into other studios and also why she wasn't a highlight in the competition circuits. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Beyond weight and fitting into the DCC uniform, VK is a media risk. She comes across as immature, unpolished and unprofessional. Her dancing isn't the best, isn't the worst; but there is no way she could be trusted to do interviews after what we saw last season. Maybe that improves with time and age and life experience, but given what we know about what she hasn't done during this 'off' season I'd say we're gonna little to no real maturity growth this go around. 

I don't disagree, but I'm one who believes that they're strategic about what interviews that they send girls out to do. I think media risk is more something that they use to cut girls when they need a reason or are actively looking for one. My guess is that if they really loved Taylor last year, she would've made it and the #metoo comment never would've seen the light of day on the show, or they would've created a redemption story for her. I doubt VK would be sent out to do a bunch of hard hitting interviews...appearances where she interacts with kids at Costco or grandparents at the residential home - yes, but a bunch of one on one interviews, probably not. I think she comes as more ditzy than anything, and while I'm sure they prefer a polished person like Miranda, I'm not sure it's actually as much of a dealbreaker as they let on. 

• Love 3

Sorry, I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask, but I'll ask anyway. 🙂 Does anyone know what time the candidates arrive on preliminaries morning? And how long they stay that day?

Edited by Sblady

I’m sorry but even Yuko and Jessika are better dancers than VK. Their problem is that they are boring and in Yuko’s case that she can’t dance “sexy”. At least they have correct technique, they don’t look spastic or out of control and don’t go into other people’s spaces. So yes, she is worse than them.

i’m not even go into the fact that vets have been cut for less weight gain or the fact that she lied to Kelli’s face and they acted like it never happened.

• Love 10

Would we usually have more retirement announcements by this time of the year? Seems like nobody is announcing this year!  Anyone know when Calendar shoot is taking place this year for a definitive answer as to who is retiring? 

Edited by PhoebeKelly1992
Nevermind, I saw Amber just posted that Calendar Shoot is in 40 days!
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Would we usually have more retirement announcements by this time of the year? Seems like nobody is announcing this year!  Anyone know when Calendar shoot is taking place this year for a definitive answer as to who is retiring? 

Wondering if they are going back to Bimini or going somewhere different 

• Love 2

So that’d make calendar the week of April 21. I guess they’re taking the chance and bringing all returning vets this year before any get cut in finals. I liked that they did it in the gap of finals and TC last year (or year before?). 

50 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

So that’d make calendar the week of April 21. I guess they’re taking the chance and bringing all returning vets this year before any get cut in finals. I liked that they did it in the gap of finals and TC last year (or year before?). 

I think they changed it this year due to the weather issue they had last calendar shoot 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Former and current DCCS tried to work with her, but she did not want the help and/or advice. She probably thought she had it in the bag since she told she already had a spot on the team and did not have to work for it.

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Briana and ciana are both confirmed that they are re auditioning 

Sooooooo like besides KaShara and Lacey are we getting ANY retirements lol. I'm trying to think and wasn't there one year on the show where they had like over 30 vets re-auditioning? Seems like that's what's going to happen this year.....

• Love 1

Hasn’t Briana already been on the podcast? I think she was on with Taylor. I was hoping Jessika would be on the podcast because although she’s been on the team for 3yrs I feel like I know nothing about her. Has she ever been on the podcast? 

55 minutes ago, Monique said:

Hasn’t Briana already been on the podcast? I think she was on with Taylor. I was hoping Jessika would be on the podcast because although she’s been on the team for 3yrs I feel like I know nothing about her. Has she ever been on the podcast? 

Jessica was on the podcast last year. Briana was on the podcast with Taylor. From what I recall neither was asked about re auditioning.

6 hours ago, Lona said:

Sooooooo like besides KaShara and Lacey are we getting ANY retirements lol. I'm trying to think and wasn't there one year on the show where they had like over 30 vets re-auditioning? Seems like that's what's going to happen this year.....

Retirements are being kept quiet for some reason 

• Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, hypeman said:

Is VK really that bad?

1. When I see other teenagers who have tried out on MTT, they've at least had a modicum of maturity (although Megan F, may she RIP, had precious little her first time in TC). VK came across as very immature. She came across as a sheltered, spoiled girl who has been told since she was born that she's guaranteed a spot on the team. I don't think that makes her a bad person. But to gain maturity so she won't be an ambassador risk, she needs to move away from home for a while to get out of that bubble and get some real-life experience that has nothing to do with DCC or her mother.

2. She dances so big she gets in others girls' spaces, which I think is rude. And I don't think her technique is very good.

3. Have we ever seen a TCC told to get with a vet and then just not do it then say, "You don't have a weight problem." Anyone else would be TOAST. Another sign of her immaturity.

4. Have we ever seen Kitty give any other TCC a complete pass for gaining that much weight? Compare this to Kitty calling out Brittany Schram in her last season for gaining weight when she wasn't even close to looking big in the uniform.

5. You are absolutely right that VK is reality television gold and CMT knew it.

6. If VK would work on her weight (long term in a healthy way), gain some maturity and work on her technique, I'd be okay with her making the team this year. She is a pretty girl with some talent, yes. But my bet is she comes back after a crash diet looking somewhat leaner with little dance improvement and still controlled by Mom.

7. I forgot to tell you that regarding your comment a while back about Jenna, I wish her well in Shreveport. I can think of much worse things she could be doing. I hope things work out for her. She was a fantastic dancer and was very fun to watch when she was a DCC.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Back to guessing who is retiring:

1- Lacey confirmed

2- KaShara confirmed

3- Kelli

4- Khalyn

5- Tasha 

6- Yuko

7- Lauren

8- Maddie

9- Christina

10- ?

Edited by J-R

Here's an updated list of the vets:

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - 

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - Confirmed returning

Bridget - 

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - Confirmed returning

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Heather - Confirmed returning

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, J-R said:

1- Lacey confirmed

2- KaShara confirmed

3- Kelli

4- Khalyn

5- Tasha 

6- Yuko

7- Lauren

8- Maddie

9- Christina

10- ?

Jessika or Amy. Or both of them and Maddie is staying 

• Love 1

I really hope Alanna is returning next season she was my favourite rookie, they didn’t focus much on her on MTT but I remember Lacey saying she is great and never makes mistakes. She’s been quiet online about it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, J-R said:

1- Lacey confirmed

2- KaShara confirmed

3- Kelli

4- Khalyn

5- Tasha 

6- Yuko

7- Lauren

8- Maddie

9- Christina

10- ?

Jessika maybe they are going to Mexico for calendar shoot this year 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, char.texasqueen said:

I really hope Alanna is returning next season she was my favourite rookie, they didn’t focus much on her on MTT but I remember Lacey saying she is great and never makes mistakes. She’s been quiet online about it.

I think all the rookies are all re auditioning 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Alanna - 

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Bridget - 

Christina - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Rookie, Erin, Madeline, Ashlee, Bridget and Caroline all confirmed they are going to the calendar shoot soon on their insta so they are returning. 

Alana did too I believe. 

• Love 2
Just now, NotthebadVictoria said:

Rookie, Erin, Madeline, Ashlee, Bridget and Caroline all confirmed they are going to the calendar shoot soon on their insta so they are returning. 

Alana did too I believe. 

Yuppers going to Mexico 

• Love 1

Does anyone know if Tara is reauditioning? I haven't been on here in awhile so sorry if it's already been discussed. I really liked her and I thought they were insane for cutting her. maybe there was stuff that wasn't on the show that would have made it more obvious but I really liked her. And the way she handled herself afterwards. 

• Love 4
On 3/15/2019 at 6:55 PM, EricaShadows said:

Alanna - 

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Bridget - 

Christina - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gina - 

Hannah - 

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Hannah said during the podcast that she is re-auditioning.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Hannah said during the podcast that she is re-auditioning.

Yes she did I think all the  rookies are re auditioning 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

I think if as many people return as we think might, Christina really needs to step her game up at finals to make the team again. And, sadly, so does my girl Brennan (even though I love her so so much) because they don't always seem convinced by her at auditions. I could see Khalyn, Tasha, Tess, and Lauren all retiring - hope none do.

• Love 1

Alanna - Possibly returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - Possibly returning

Bridget - Possibly returning

Christina - 

Daphne - Possibly returning

Erin - Possibly returning

Gina - 

Hannah - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - Possibly returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - Possibly returning

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Thought I'd gotten Hannah on there before, but evidently not.  Thanks for pointing that out.  As fir going on the calendar shoot, does that guarantee a girl is returning?  I put "possibly returning" by all the rookies because we don't know if they're reauditioning or not, though several people think they're all coming back.  As for Christina, I've ALWAYS thought she needed to step her game up as I thought one reason she made the team two years ago was because they wanted to "reward" her for auditioning so many times and not sucking quite badly enough to get cut (though if they'd waited until after Canton to make the next cut, who was cut at that time would likely have changed).  Personally, I think her luck might be about to run out, that she realized she might not get lucky for a third time at Finals (as, for two years, we've heard that her auditions solos weren't nearly at the level they should be), and just calls it a day, never to return.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Alanna - Possibly returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - Possibly returning

Bridget - Possibly returning

Christina - 

Daphne - Possibly returning

Erin - Possibly returning

Gina - 

Hannah - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - Possibly returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - Possibly returning

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Thought I'd gotten Hannah on there before, but evidently not.  Thanks for pointing that out.  As fir going on the calendar shoot, does that guarantee a girl is returning?  I put "possibly returning" by all the rookies because we don't know if they're reauditioning or not, though several people think they're all coming back.  As for Christina, I've ALWAYS thought she needed to step her game up as I thought one reason she made the team two years ago was because they wanted to "reward" her for auditioning so many times and not sucking quite badly enough to get cut (though if they'd waited until after Canton to make the next cut, who was cut at that time would likely have changed).  Personally, I think her luck might be about to run out, that she realized she might not get lucky for a third time at Finals (as, for two years, we've heard that her auditions solos weren't nearly at the level they should be), and just calls it a day, never to return.

Yes when they go on calendar they only take the girls that are re Auditioning! 

• Love 2

They have not taken girls who were trying out again. Angela and Melissa the Mentor did not go on the shoot after changing their minds after saying they were retiring. Melissa did not try out for her third year, but Angela made it back for fifth and last year.

Kinda random but I was watching the podcast with Christina and Lauren earlier today and find it interesting that they talked so openly about Christina and her boyfriend Slade having been a couple for a year. I know Christina did not know Mandy but it is kinda juicy that he is Former DCC Mandy's ex of 6 years.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I read on one of the girls instagrams this past week they will be going to Riviera Maya for their calendar shoot this year.

The Allen Ice Angels did a calendar shoot there a few years ago.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Isn't it where the DCC used to go as well?

Yes, they did. I remember they went to Riviera Maya to shoot one year and it was on the show. I think it was 2013?

I guess the different resorts offer them incentives to come and they probably pick the sweetest deal. 

During the airing of this last season, I remember that a poster who is "in the know" indicated that some of the girls would potentially retire and not return for another year if they had to deal with VK. I don't recall who said it, but it was someone with inside information. Does anyone else recall it? And if so, do we suspect that will actually have some bearing on anyone's decision this year?

6 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

During the airing of this last season, I remember that a poster who is "in the know" indicated that some of the girls would potentially retire and not return for another year if they had to deal with VK. I don't recall who said it, but it was someone with inside information. Does anyone else recall it? And if so, do we suspect that will actually have some bearing on anyone's decision this year?

Doesn't seem to be true since there's like no confirmed retiring except Lacey and Kash. Pretty much all the vets seem to have confirmed they're re auditioning this year.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Doesn't seem to be true since there's like no confirmed retiring except Lacey and Kash. Pretty much all the vets seem to have confirmed they're re auditioning this year.

Also total BS bc retiring bc you don't like Legacy Royalty, even saying in jest, would guarantee YOU ARE TOXIC AND NOT EVERY COMING BACK. It is what it is. 

Maybe it was diff in the 80s and 90s but not so easy now to just take off a year then bounce back. These girls are so much more advanced now that it just does not happen. Not saying it will never ever happen but it really has not happened. 

• Love 2