Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

Gabby looked rough in the video they just shared with the group choreography---very boxy and wiggly for the very small amount of time we saw her. I think she's gorgeous, but unfortunately, staying the DCC standard doesn't come naturally to her,

VK's face looks thinner...that is the only positive comment I can make. 

No doubt that VK will come back thinner. She's working with a top notch trainer who has a 90 day program for models. She's going to look great. Of course it won't be maintainable but it will be enough. My problem is that there were other critiques that she didn't work on. Kelli and Judy both said she danced out of control and was a beat behind because she was "taller." It won't matter  of course because VK will be on the team. either way. But it's annoying that VK only heard the "lose weight" critique - and not everything else. She has a lot of fans on Instagram telling her how amazing she is. She's not bad. It's just annoying that she thinks she's sooooo good when in reality she is talented but average.

• Love 3

Gabby is so pretty. I personally don't think she looks heavy. She's not very tall, so that probably doesn't help. She is in some of the Cowboys fit ads that I've seen floating around. I don't think she would be doing ad work for them if she had a weight issue. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Gabby looked rough in the video they just shared with the group choreography---very boxy and wiggly for the very small amount of time we saw her. I think she's gorgeous, but unfortunately, staying the DCC standard doesn't come naturally to her,

VK's face looks thinner...that is the only positive comment I can make. 

Where can we find this video?

On 3/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

I can see the spacing issues that people were talking about with Victoria before in that video

I agree. Also she reminds me of Caila. Her dancing is so heavy.

im not meaning in weight. I mean just seems to be weighed down. It’s like I expect dancers to be airy and light and it’s not.

• Love 6
On 2/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, rose711 said:

Victoria won’t stick to a 90 day strict diet. She’s not capable of it and my guess is that she like many people uses food to deal with stress. She needs those milkshakes!

I doubt they learned anything from last year. I feel they blamed Kelli. 

My sad assessment is that Victoria will never move outside her comfort zone and her super controlling mom won’t allow her,  even if she wants to do so. It’s hard to tell how much Victoria does just to please her Mom and how much she does for her own self.

I feel her on the diet thing. I can’t stick to a 9 day diet myself. I like cake, cookies, candy, chips, salsa...I could go on, but now I’m hungry.

one of my friends teaches in an affluent area of DFW (Prosper-it’s near Frisco-like the new Coppell and Highland Park imo) Anyway, the control parents have over their kids lives is astounding. As a child, I was basically left to my own devices at around 8. Babysat my sisters at home by myself. (This was the 80s.) now, these parents are living their dreams through their kids and it’s sad how little choice kids have. Anyway, my kiddos don’t get that here in podunk, Texas as much.

I know she can be extra and annoying, but I also feel sorry for her in a way. Her whole life has been dictated for her. I’d drink milkshakes too.

• Love 8
(edited)

Has anyone compiled a list of other girls (non DCC, other teams, etc.)  who are auditioning?

I wonder if any DCCs will announce their retirements on social media. Someone mentioned at the beginning of this thread they have until February to let Kelli know if they're retiring or auditioning again.

Edited by MrsEVH
On 3/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Bless her heart.  She still struggles with falling out of turns.  With so much on the line, I would have expected her to have turn, turn, turned since training camp. 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

Bless her heart.  She still struggles with falling out of turns.  With so much on the line, I would have expected her to have turn, turn, turned since training camp. 

I'm thinking Victoria's so sure that she's going to be on the squad this year that she doesn't think she has to work on anything (other than possibly her weight, if that).  After all, if she's such an experienced dancer, she shouldn't be falling out of turns so often.  While it happens to even the best dancers (they even fall down in the middle of performances; see the "Biscuit Ballerina" Instagram page as well), they practice each move to the point where it's a rare occasion when a fall occurs.  With Victoria, it seems to be more common occurrence which means she either isn't trained as well as she (and her camp) want people to think or she hasn't practiced enough to correct the issues.  At least in the last video, she can't blame falling out of the turn on never having danced on turf before.  It's the same type of marley as she's danced on before (and even in the same studio) so there should be absolutely no OUTSIDE reason for her to fall out of the turn other than she can't do double and triple turns well and on a consistent basis which, at her level, she SHOULD be able to do.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Has anyone compiled a list of other girls (non DCC, other teams, etc.)  who are auditioning?

I wonder if any DCCs will announce their retirements on social media. Someone mentioned at the beginning of this thread they have until February to let Kelli know if they're retiring or auditioning again.

It will be up to each dcc when they announce on their social media 

7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Most of the DCCS we've heard about have either been via the show last season or via "These Boots. . . "; other than that, nothing that I know of has been shared on social media.  As for those not already on the squad, someone had made a list a while back, but I haven't seen it updated lately.

4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm thinking Victoria's so sure that she's going to be on the squad this year that she doesn't think she has to work on anything (other than possibly her weight, if that).  After all, if she's such an experienced dancer, she shouldn't be falling out of turns so often.  While it happens to even the best dancers (they even fall down in the middle of performances; see the "Biscuit Ballerina" Instagram page as well), they practice each move to the point where it's a rare occasion when a fall occurs.  With Victoria, it seems to be more common occurrence which means she either isn't trained as well as she (and her camp) want people to think or she hasn't practiced enough to correct the issues.  At least in the last video, she can't blame falling out of the turn on never having danced on turf before.  It's the same type of marley as she's danced on before (and even in the same studio) so there should be absolutely no OUTSIDE reason for her to fall out of the turn other than she can't do double and triple turns well and on a consistent basis which, at her level, she SHOULD be able to do.

Falling out of turns might also have to do with core strength or a changing body. Weight gain/loss changes your body's balance points so it might take some time adjusting

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Regarding retirements, i kinda think they are not “allowed” to break the news first. Maybe they want the girls to reveal it on the podcast or hold off until the show airs?

That are maybe they aren’t ready to announce it just yet on social media 

25 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Falling out of turns might also have to do with core strength or a changing body. Weight gain/loss changes your body's balance points so it might take some time adjusting

Could be, but she falls out of them so consistently it's probably more lack of technique than anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm thinking Victoria's so sure that she's going to be on the squad this year that she doesn't think she has to work on anything (other than possibly her weight, if that). 

How did that line of thinking work out for her last year? 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

How did that line of thinking work out for her last year? 🙂

It nearly DID work out for her last year and, from the rumors, Kelli was desperately trying to find a way to either expand the team enough to put Victoria (and Malena) on or cut enough people so that Victoria could get on.  

• Love 2

Read somewhere Kelli wanted to keep the last two girls cut, but Charlotte said no. Kelli wanted to keep Kalyssa because she was a favorite of hers, but she was overruled by Charlotte. Makes me wonder if Kelli and Judy wanted to cut Keyra to her toxic attitude and being late twice, but Charlotte said no. Keyra was probably given strong hints not to try out again because she probably would be cut, but she did not want to listen.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Read somewhere Kelli wanted to keep the last two girls cut, but Charlotte said no. Kelli wanted to keep Kalyssa because she was a favorite of hers, but she was overruled by Charlotte. Makes me wonder if Kelli and Judy wanted to cut Keyra to her toxic attitude and being late twice, but Charlotte said no. Keyra was probably given strong hints not to try out again because she probably would be cut, but she did not want to listen.

I think Keyra was cut because she was friends with Erica.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I think Keyra was cut because she was friends with Erica.

I think Keyra was cut because, from what I saw on the show and heard on the Podcast, she was rude, snotty, full of herself and disrespectful.  In addition to being late for appearances.  She was also friends with Cersten and they love Cersten.  I do not think being friends with Erica had anything to do with it.

Edited by J-R
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, J-R said:

I think Keyra was cut because, from what I saw on the show and heard on the Podcast, she was rude, snotty, full of herself and disrespectful.  In addition to being late for appearances.  She was also friends with Cersten and they love Cersten.  I do not think being friends with Erica had anything to do with it.

She was rude and shotty on a podcast? I don't listen to the podcast when Shannon is hosting.

Does anyone know when they usually announce that the show will be returning in the fall? Is the renewal announcement usually around this time of year? 

Kalyssa reminded me of the girls who walk into the room and only pay attention to the guys, though I think she was smart enough to pay attention to everyone until she was for sure on the team.  Then, I wouldn't be surprised if it was all bets off and she was focused on the guys again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

She was rude and shotty on a podcast? I don't listen to the podcast when Shannon is hosting.

I thought she was very snotty and rude.  I remember thinking, wow..no wonder she got cut.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Kalyssa was CUT? I thought her and Alexandria walked off mid season as their own decision. Interesting.

• Love 1

Wow, they really are milking these girls out. They are not only signing up for an underpaid dance gig that requires full time hours while being considered ‘part time’, but to have a chance they need to attend the official prep classes, notable alumna prep classes, info sessions etc. that’s a lot of wasted money on a potential part time job...

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wow, they really are milking these girls out. They are not only signing up for an underpaid dance gig that requires full time hours while being considered ‘part time’, but to have a chance they need to attend the official prep classes, notable alumna prep classes, info sessions etc. that’s a lot of wasted money on a potential part time job...

It’s not mandatory tho to take those classes tho it’s their choice if they want to take them or not 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, pisces125 said:

Kalyssa was CUT? I thought her and Alexandria walked off mid season as their own decision. Interesting.

From what we know...Kalyssa left after football games were done, but she still had DCC obligations that she was supposed to fulfill. There's rumors that she was cut, but nothing has been proven other than that she left.

• Love 4
On 3/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, Holly85 said:

True true lol I could see gabby being cute for weight 

After listening to Gabby on the podcast, I could see her beings cut for sounding as if her rookie season was overwhelming. She made comments about how much harder it isn't than she thought. Overwhelming. Missing her family.  Struggling with "adulting". 

8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It’s not mandatory tho to take those classes tho it’s their choice if they want to take them or not 

Yes but those classes would definitely help them with technique and maybe more importantly, it allows the girls to ingratiate themselves with TPTB. Maybe they wouldn't say it on TV, but Kelli and Judy would definitely select someone who's been going to the alumni classes rather than someone who just showed up at auditions all things being equal.  It's a brand, not just a straightforward dance team. And I think going to these classes is a way to show Kelli and Judy you can gel with the brand

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pisces125 said:

Yes but those classes would definitely help them with technique and maybe more importantly, it allows the girls to ingratiate themselves with TPTB. Maybe they wouldn't say it on TV, but Kelli and Judy would definitely select someone who's been going to the alumni classes rather than someone who just showed up at auditions all things being equal.  It's a brand, not just a straightforward dance team. And I think going to these classes is a way to show Kelli and Judy you can gel with the brand

I think we got confirmation already that they basically need to attend those to get recommendations let’s say. 

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think we got confirmation already that they basically need to attend those to get recommendations let’s say. 

Sure, being seen and getting to know insiders is always a plus, but there are also girls who come from out of state who seem to do just fine. Unless they're flying in and out, they're not attending these classes.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Sure, being seen and getting to know insiders is always a plus, but there are also girls who come from out of state who seem to do just fine. Unless they're flying in and out, they're not attending these classes.

Exactly Lexie who lives here for example she didn’t take prep classes and she Made it her first try 

To be fair, in Victoria's lyrical video, she is the only one doing a triple and in bare feet no less. Some of those girls couldn't even do a clean double. The DCC don't do a lot of turns and nothing over a double, so practicing triples is how to perfect your double. Now if this were a performance and not a class I would be more critical.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, pisces125 said:

If you look at the current rookies, most took either 1 or 0 prep classes. A majority of the rookie class is from out of state-they were not flying in and out each weekend for an hour and half long class. Kelli and Judy do not attend these classes, save for the Director's chair class.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pisces125 said:

Yep, and I think this is especially true of the Dallas area girls. It’s one thing if you’re from out of town (Kelli likes being able to talk about how they have girls from multiple states and colleges), but if you live in the area, it seems like girls could be at a disadvantage if they didn’t attend any of the classes and get face time. This isn’t a blind process. Like most jobs, there’s an element of politics to it, and attending these classes is part of it. That doesnt mean it’s mandatory of course, and a girl showing up and acting like a brat could decrease her chances of making it.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, TexasBorn said:

Sorry, too distracted by the other thin, on count, pretty dancers to notice VK.

LOL. I just want to know who was taking the video. It obviously was not her phone sitting on a tripod because the video moves to stay with her. It obviously wasn't someone who was supposed to be taking a video of the "whole group" because VK is front and center the entire time. It was a video of her. So, VK clearly has her own videographer (her mom?) with her at the prep classes. One would think that would lead to more self-awareness. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

LOL. I just want to know who was taking the video. It obviously was not her phone sitting on a tripod because the video moves to stay with her. It obviously wasn't someone who was supposed to be taking a video of the "whole group" because VK is front and center the entire time. It was a video of her. So, VK clearly has her own videographer (her mom?) with her at the prep classes. One would think that would lead to more self-awareness. 

I was reading threw the comments on her video someone asked her why she wants to be a dcc so bad and don’t say bc your mom was one I was like damn lol 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Only if you are actually using the video as a teaching tool

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I was reading threw the comments on her video someone asked her why she wants to be a dcc so bad and don’t say bc your mom was one I was like damn lol 

So that person probably won't be acknowledged like the ones who post nice things:)

• Love 1
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Only if you are actually using the video as a teaching tool

So that person probably won't be acknowledged like the ones who post nice things:)

Oh she commented back 

(edited)
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

17A9D8B2-7953-481F-B8FB-CD46156B31AD.jpeg

Yeah just saw it🤮

It's always because of her mom, or other DCC - why can't it be cause she wants to?  Cause she wants to forge her own path.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4