Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

I don't think I could pick a bad performance out of Black Panther with a gun to my head (though I do think Chadwick Boseman was better in Civil War than his own movie), but Shuri just didn't stand out among all the other excellent characters to me.

4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't think I could pick a bad performance out of Black Panther with a gun to my head (though I do think Chadwick Boseman was better in Civil War than his own movie), but Shuri just didn't stand out among all the other excellent characters to me.

I thought T-Challa was much more of a badass in civil war than in Black Panther.  I loved his martial art skills, speed agility and the Russo Brothers captured that much more than Coogler did in Black Panther.  

• Love 4

Hell, the one moment in Endgame when he comes back and it turns out he is still alive had more subtle acting to it than the whole of Black Panther. Sadly he was the most boring character in his own movie, somehow.

T-Challa is a great character when he's played as royalty from a technologically advanced society. He is the most privileged hero in comics, more so than Bruce Wayne and even Namor.

What strikes an odd note is when he's portrayed as a stand-in for an African American and he's battling against Harlem gentrification as a member of the Crew.

I loved T'Challa in Civil War but BP wrote him as a partly passive and subdued character who reacted to events more than anything, whereas Nakia, Okoye and Shuri (and Killmonger) all had much more proactive and charismatic personalities. That doesn't make T'Challa a bad character, but it's kinda like when the main character plays the straight man to more eccentric and interesting characters. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JessePinkman said:

I AM FREAKING OUT

Reveal spoiler

Wanda is VERY PREGNANT. WANDA AND VISION ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF TWO BASSINETS. WICCAN AND SPEED CONFIRMED???

The rest looks great too! I didn't think they'd have anything from Loki to show.

That’s my guess. It seems in line with the comics and where the MCU seems to be headed. 

Spoiler

In the part with the bassinets it’s two pacifiers that pop up.  One is blue and it looks like the other is pink.

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Dani said:

That’s my guess. It seems in line with the comics and where the MCU seems to be headed. 

Reveal spoiler

In the part with the bassinets it’s two pacifiers that pop up.  One is blue and it looks like the other is pink.

Yeah, I slowed it down and clicked frame by frame after I screamed in delight and nearly woke the entire household up. 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

I AM FREAKING OUT

Reveal spoiler

Wanda is VERY PREGNANT. WANDA AND VISION ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF TWO BASSINETS. WICCAN AND SPEED CONFIRMED???

The rest looks great too! I didn't think they'd have anything from Loki to show.

If it's real. My spec is the whole show is a reality constructed by Wanda.

If they

Spoiler

genderflip William/Billy Kaplan into a girl to make the character's romance with Teddy Altman more palatable to the masses, my new hobby will become the Most Dangerous Game with Marvel execs as the quarry.

• Love 6

If they

Hide contents

genderflip William/Billy Kaplan into a girl to make the character's romance with Teddy Altman more palatable to the masses, my new hobby will become the Most Dangerous Game with Marvel execs as the quarry.

I really hope they wouldn’t be that stupid.

8 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

If it's real. My spec is the whole show is a reality constructed by Wanda.

That my guess to but 

Spoiler

it’s still possible that twins will be real since they were always a result of Wanda’s powers.  

So, which shows are they parodying? I mean, the "Facebook" one is obviously Roseanne (which would be 1990s), and the LinkedIn one is something out of the 1950s, while the Tinder one is late 1960s/early 1970s...which I guess would mean that the Instagram one is either 1980s or a modern show?

6 hours ago, swanpride said:

So, which shows are they parodying? I mean, the "Facebook" one is obviously Roseanne (which would be 1990s), and the LinkedIn one is something out of the 1950s, while the Tinder one is late 1960s/early 1970s...which I guess would mean that the Instagram one is either 1980s or a modern show?

I went with Bewitched as Instangram and maybe Rhoda for Tinder.

Facebook is so Family Ties I can barely function. That wallpaper is the wallpaper in their kitchen and that stained glass behind in some shots...

IT'S FAMILY TIES!! I am stunned at how ingrained that set is on my brain to be completely honest.

Edited by Dandesun
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, swanpride said:

LinkedIn is takes from a few shows like The Dick Van Dyke Show and Bewitched. There’s not enough of the Instagram one showing but it reminds me of Modern Family. Tinder is Brady Bunch. 

5 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

Facebook is so Family Ties I can barely function. That wallpaper is the wallpaper in their kitchen and that stained glass behind in some shots...

IT'S FAMILY TIES!! I am stunned at how ingrained that set is on my brain to be completely honest.

Facebook is Roseanne. That meme doesn’t include the Family Ties shot. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5fa75ee6eb36c6e066f402625f65ac01.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dani said:

LinkedIn is takes from a few shows like The Dick Van Dyke Show and Bewitched. There’s not enough of the Instagram one showing but it reminds me of Modern Family. Tinder is Brady Bunch. 

Facebook is Roseanne. That meme doesn’t include the Family Ties shot. 
image.thumb.jpeg.5fa75ee6eb36c6e066f402625f65ac01.jpeg

I'm going to have to die on this hill. Facebook is Family Ties. That is the Family Ties kitchen in the background with the dark wood. Roseanne did not have that wood or that wallpaper. I mean, the above is obviously Family Ties as well but that shot in the kitchen is too.

Instagram's the one that's really getting to me, though. I feel like I've seen those stairs before and I cannot place where...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, swanpride said:

The wider shot of the Tinder screencap is the Brady Bunch.  I can see the distinctive floating stairs, and Wanda has Marcia Brady hair.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Instagram's the one that's really getting to me, though. I feel like I've seen those stairs before and I cannot place where...

Those stairs HAVE to be from Bewitched! 

image.png.23ce7d348660471ed8301ce5dd5c3c4a.png

Edit: Actually I don't know anymore but I'm gonna keep hope alive. It just makes sense, right? Bewitched, Scarlett Witch. 

76bb9876_o.png

Edited by JessePinkman
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not to derail the WandaVision conversation, but I'm intrigued by the brief Loki tease with the curious jumpsuit:

4ae1ac3149349d3c8c49fa2c786f5121.jpg

Obviously, Loki's gone undercover with the Tennessee Valley Authority and plans to take revenge on Earth by bogging down flood control policy in the mid-south U.S. in interminable bureaucracy. Mwahahahahaha!

Seriously, it looks like he's an unwilling guest of the Time Variance Authority.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Not to derail the WandaVision conversation, but I'm intrigued by the brief Loki tease with the curious jumpsuit:

loki-disney-plus-release.webp?w=737&f=11O

Obviously, Loki's gone undercover with the Tennessee Valley Authority and plans to take revenge on Earth by bogging down flood control policy in the mid-south U.S. in interminable bureaucracy. Mwahahahahaha!

Seriously, it looks like he's an unwilling guest of the Time Variance Authority.

Not to mention that Bucky got a hair cut!

1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

Honestly, WandaVision looks so whackadoo that I think I'm looking forward to that one most of all.

I think I'm finally gonna be interested in Wanda.

I'm looking forward to this one the most. Aww, look at those two getting along.

09ElqKC.png

• Love 3
On 2/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, JessePinkman said:

I AM FREAKING OUT

Reveal spoiler

As far as kids go:

Spoiler

Didn't Wanda and Vision also have fake kids at one point that were basically a combination of her powers and a deal with the devil (Mephisto if I remember). We already know she is showing up in the next Dr. Strange movie and Strange already fought 1 marvel devil.

Also do we have any info on other people cast in Wandvision? Just thinking of classic sitcom tropes, it would be hilarious to see Pietro as the classic tv bachelor brother. Or Fury showing up in an episode where Vision surprised Wanda by bringing his boss home for dinner.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

As far as kids go:

Hide contents

Didn't Wanda and Vision also have fake kids at one point that were basically a combination of her powers and a deal with the devil (Mephisto if I remember).

As far as I'm aware they're one and the same through some reincarnation magical mutant comic book stuff.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also do we have any info on other people cast in Wandvision? Just thinking of classic sitcom tropes, it would be hilarious to see Pietro as the classic tv bachelor brother. Or Fury showing up in an episode where Vision surprised Wanda by bringing his boss home for dinner.

The ones confirmed are Monica Rambeau, Darcy from Thor, Agent Woo from Ant-Man and Kathryn Hahn. 

I actually don't want Sam and Bucky to get along. I enjoyed them the most when they were bickering over who is Steve's Bestie.

But I approve of the hair cut. It just makes sense for Bucky to reclaim HIS identity instead of staying in the Winter Soldier style.

And Facebook is SO Roseanne. I will die on THIS hill. The plaid, the bushy hair, the pose she takes, even her facial expression is soooo Roseanne. Roseanne in her kitchen, to be precise. Look it up, it is clearly the wallpaper from the set….

I wonder if in her mindbreak every room in the house will look like it is from another sitcom….

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Dani said:

The ones confirmed are Monica Rambeau, Darcy from Thor, Agent Woo from Ant-Man and Kathryn Hahn. 

Is Katherine Hahn old enough to play either Wanda or Vision's mother in law. Every hacky classic sitcom needs a mother in law. If she is too young, nosy neighbour is also an option.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
41 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Is Katherine Hahn old enough to play either Wanda or Vision's mother in law. Every hacky classic sitcom needs a mother in law. If she is too young, nosy neighbour is also an option.

I believe she was announced as the nosy neighbor. 

Bob Igor announced that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will premiere in August and WandaVision in December. 

WandaVision looks absolutely bonkers and I am here for it. DC TV seems to get all of the good crazy wacky shows, its time that the MCU got one too! 

So much to chew on. Bucky finally gets a haircut! Wanda in her old comics costume! And, as per usual, I have no clue what Loki is up to. So from what I understand, this is about the 2012 one right? That fucked off during the time travel shenanigans during Endgame?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Those stairs HAVE to be from Bewitched! 

image.png.23ce7d348660471ed8301ce5dd5c3c4a.png

Edit: Actually I don't know anymore but I'm gonna keep hope alive. It just makes sense, right? Bewitched, Scarlett Witch. 

76bb9876_o.png

I agree with you on this guess.  My first impression was that those were the Bewitched stairs and that Wanda was wearing her Scarlet Witch costume like Samantha would wear her "flying suit".

The staircase doesn't quite match but I guess they could have simply gone for something similar instead of identical. I mean, it is not like Roseanne, where the set is still right there for them to use, right?

I might be wrong, but I think they only picked sitcoms which aired on ABC.

14 hours ago, swanpride said:

I actually don't want Sam and Bucky to get along. I enjoyed them the most when they were bickering over who is Steve's Bestie.

I'm thinking they'll be more buddy-cop protagonists antagonists. Only partnering for the greater good while becoming friends along the way.

5 hours ago, swanpride said:

I might be wrong, but I think they only picked sitcoms which aired on ABC.

Dick van Dyke Show was on CBS and Family Ties was on NBC, the rest are ABC though.

18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I think if Vision's parents appear in the show, they have their choice of Tony Stark, Ultron, Dr. Helen Cho, and Bruce Banner (with Thor as the OB/GYN who delivered him). Let's see, which of those would present the least logistical and financial hurdles?

Ellen Burstyn would be my dream casting for Agatha Harkness if the character should appear as the Endora analog in the Bewitched segment/episode.

• LOL 1

I think if Vision's parents appear in the show, they have their choice of Tony Stark, Ultron, Dr. Helen Cho, and Bruce Banner (with Thor as the OB/GYN who delivered him). Let's see, which of those would present the least logistical and financial hurdles?

It would be awesome if they got James Spader, just as himself not Ultron playing Wanda's father in law.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Can we take a moment to appreciate how clever the title of the show is? I mean "wandaVision" sounds weird but it hints at Wanda and Vision both being in the show, Wanda getting marriend and hence becoming technically "Wanda Vision", since this is apparently all a result of her powers, we also get to see Wanda's Vision, and we will get to see the Wanda version of various Television shows.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, swanpride said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate how clever the title of the show is? I mean "wandaVision" sounds weird but it hints at Wanda and Vision both being in the show, Wanda getting marriend and hence becoming technically "Wanda Vision", since this is apparently all a result of her powers, we also get to see Wanda's Vision, and we will get to see the Wanda version of various Television shows.

I agree. I’ve loved the title since it was first announced just because it reminded me of old tv and movie advertisements. It fits the description of the show perfectly with multiple meanings.