Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm weirdly disappointed John Amos isn't included.

image.png.74b4c166eb8aa859ffeec447b485015f.png

I'm not familiar with most actors on there, but I appreciate the inclusion of Captain Sisko.

Wow the 80s coloring was a bit hard to look at.  They cast Avery Brooks wrong, he should have been M' Baku and, they should have used his 80's image as Hawk from Spencer for Hire instead of Sisko from DS9

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Anduin said:

I'm not familiar with most actors on there, but I appreciate the inclusion of Captain Sisko.

Lets see in the 80's :

Black Panther, just coming off of St Elsewhere and starting to get staring roles in movies, Now the reigning King

Killmonger was a child sailor on Apocalypse Now

Shuri 21 Jump Street maybe a relationship with Johnny Depp's lead

Okoye, stunt casting pop star but did play a Bond Henchman

King, the Black acting king from the previous generation

Queen, Kunta Kinte's wife on Roots

Nakia, the other woman on an All My Children storyline

Uncle, highly respected actor from the previous generation he played Alex Haley in Roots and was more active at this point but there is only one King.

CIA Agent Mork from Ork

Turncoat border tribe leader, Hawk from Spenser For Hire although they have him in Commander Sisko thumbnail, not the later Captain Sisko who was Hawk

The separated tribe's leader, not much until the 90's maybe Willie Mays Hayes from Major Leagues

The dead father of Killmonger. The new hotshot lawyer to join LA Law's cast.

• Love 1
(edited)

What it's really like when a Marvel movie shoots on your street
BY GILLIAN RHYS   MAY 30, 2020
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32682942/marvel-filming-mcu-eternals-kit-harington/ 

Spoiler

Marvel movies might not be filming right now, but earlier this year, The Eternals carried out the London leg of its production.

So what is it really like when a major Marvel movie shoots in your hometown? Here's one Digital Spy writer's first-hand account.
A small smattering at first but by midday, there were enough to clog up "the village" – an enclave of shops and restaurants at the centre of my north-London neighbourhood – including people hanging out of flat windows and on a rooftop to watch the action.

We were told before Christmas by a location assistant going door to door that a "big" movie would be shot here in mid-January, with the production notice calling it Sack Lunch.

A quick Google search revealed it to be The Eternals, the latest Marvel movie starring Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Gemma Chan and Kit Harington.
The art gallery alongside was shuttered, its sign replaced with one reading 'Eve's Nail Salon'. A purple metallic car was placed in front of the launderette, with a license plate that said 'Kingo'.
Kingo, though, is Kumail Nanjiani's character and he arrived on set with director Chloe Zhao. It was so cold that Nanjiani, who memorably unveiled his buff "Marvel body" on social media last year, was wearing a voluminous padded jacket in bright orange.
On the other hand, his co-star Gemma Chan arrived stealthily, barely recognisable beneath a black padded jacket and a beanie hat.
Everyone was wondering when exactly anything was going to happen when the crew were informed about the scenes they would be filming, finishing with the cryptic, "Shooting you know who out of the window".

It turned out that You Know Who was not in fact Lord Voldemort but Kit Harington.
A car drove slowly through the village, extras walked along the pavement and mulled outside the shops. Chan, now wearing a long-belted green coat, and Nanjiani, dressed in all black, left the flat, with Nanjiani loading vintage-looking luggage into the purple car's boot.
In the moody set-up, Harington and Chan kissed in front of the far-from-romantic launderette in the freezing cold.
The Eternals is set for release on February 12, 2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So what with being stuck essentially at home since March I finally got bored enough to watch Agents of ShIeld season 6. It is not great (but I was desperate for something different)and that was my opinion even before I remembered that it came out between Infinity War and Endgame but made no mention of Thanos. 

But it got me thinking, if Joss Whedon had been an actual professional and not whined and complained about how hard shooting Age of Ultron was would he have been given a shot at directing IW/EG? And if he was the director would he have shared plot points with his brother the AoS showrunner? Because an Agents of Shield season set during the blip sounds a lot better than what I watched last night. Or were the Russos always in line for those movies based on the success of their Cap movies and the general awesomeness of Winter Soldier?

• Love 3

Oh man. An AoS season dealing with the Blip? I'd have watched the hell out of that. I'm still annoyed that we cut to 5 Years Later. I know it had to be done but I wanted to see how pieces got picked up. 

• Love 2

Anthony Mackie Gets Candid About Marvel Studios' Lack of Diversity

When "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" comes out, I'm the lead. When "Snowpiercer" comes out, you're the lead. We have the power and the ability to ask those questions. It really bothered me that I've done seven Marvel movies where every producer, every director, every stunt person, every costume designer, every PA, every single person has been white. But then when you do "Black Panther," you have a Black director, Black producer, you have a Black costume designer, you have a Black stunt chroeographer. And I'm like, that's more racist than anything else. Because if you only can hire the Black people for the Black movie, are you saying they're not good enough when you have a mostly white cast?

He's right. Marvel was smart to hire predominately black people for Black Panther but when you have the rest of your movies with nothing but #FFFFF people behind the scenes, what are you saying? That you only hired black people for BP to avoid backlash basically.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

More that for Black Panther they actively looked for Black people for the first time and gave them a chance. I am pretty sure that there was more diversity behind the scenes for Captain Marvel, too, but that is because Brie Larson has a diversity clause in her contract.

Anyway, we will have to see how Marvel Studios develops in the long run. Everyone knows that diversity was a fight when Perlmutter was in charge and that the first movies which were created after the studio was moved under Disney's control with Feige at the helm, the situation changed. It is also a matter of the director hired who is running around behind the scenes. They want for a female Asian director for the Eternals, so I guess they are getting away from the notion to hire diverse people only for diverse properties. Took them long enough but I guess slow process is still better than no process, even if process always takes way to long when it comes to those matters.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I finally finished the franchise. No idea what people’s perceptions are as haven’t followed the franchise online.

I didn’t love Natasha but hated her death and that barely anyone acknowledged it once Tony died. She’s been part of the franchise since the beginning so hated how her death was just brushed over.

Are there plans for another Guardians? I’d love to see Quill and Gamora work things out. 

Thor was always funny and Ragnorak is my favourite film out of the franchise. It’s brilliant. I was surprised though to see New Asguard as thought his entire ship of survivors was destroyed by Thanos at the start of Infinity. 

Infinity was Meh. I watched it right after Thor and found it really boring in comparison. I can’t Stand Dr Strange though and they were definitely trying to make him Happen in that film.

just my lil ol thoughts

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Are there plans for another Guardians? I’d love to see Quill and Gamora work things out. 

Thor was always funny and Ragnorak is my favourite film out of the franchise. It’s brilliant. I was surprised though to see New Asguard as thought his entire ship of survivors was destroyed by Thanos at the start of Infinity. 

Infinity was Meh. I watched it right after Thor and found it really boring in comparison. I can’t Stand Dr Strange though and they were definitely trying to make him Happen in that film.

just my lil ol thoughts

The Guardians director got unfired by Disney and is back in line to direct Vol.3. However he had committed to a DC film when he was originally let go so the production was delayed even before COVID put everything behind schedule. 

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

They missing scenes for Falcon and the Winter Soldier were supposed to be filmed in Europe right?

Yes. That’s supposed to happen soon but I haven’t seen a estimated date. The filming in Georgia may be reshoots. I read that WandaVision is starting reshoots this month. 

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Black Widow will stream on Disney Plus for $29.99 this fall. 

Double checked and it’s November. 

What's your source? I can't find anything.

22 minutes ago, Anduin said:

What's your source? I can't find anything.

It's been an hour and now I can't find it. It was one of those entertainment sites that wants to be the next Variety/Hollywood Reporter/etc. Hmmm...maybe it was tweeted too soon and they took it down?

6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Black Widow will stream on Disney Plus for $29.99 this fall. 

Double checked and it’s November. 

So they are thinking roughly the price of two regular tickets at a theatre plus the Disney + subscription price?  Unless there is some inflation from the theatres to make up for fewer seats post lockdown it does seem to rich a price.  Now Disney might leak that it will remain exclusive and never get the $7 release to all the other outlets that most movies get but it is not the end of a 10 year story

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Now Disney might leak that it will remain exclusive and never get the $7 release to all the other outlets that most movies get but it is not the end of a 10 year story.

No, but it is the start of the next generation, pretty much. ScarJo has all but confirmed that they'll be passing the Black Widow mantle off to Yelena Belova, so it's still a milestone. Back in May, the new release date for the theaters was announced as November the sixth, but the AMC chain sent out an email around the same time that their locations would be re-opening in mid July, which didn't happen. If the theaters still aren't open close to the end of the year, maybe they should put it on the streaming service. I'm excited to see what Florence Pugh will do with the role if she does go forward in the franchise, though like Brie Larson this will be her first outing with the MCU juggernaut. I hope she's prepared.

3 hours ago, Raja said:

So they are thinking roughly the price of two regular tickets at a theatre plus the Disney + subscription price?  Unless there is some inflation from the theatres to make up for fewer seats post lockdown it does seem to rich a price.  Now Disney might leak that it will remain exclusive and never get the $7 release to all the other outlets that most movies get but it is not the end of a 10 year story

For Mulan the $30 gives you the movie as long as you’re a subscriber. So that should be approximately 3 months exclusive access which makes it a better value than it first appears. 

10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

It's been an hour and now I can't find it. It was one of those entertainment sites that wants to be the next Variety/Hollywood Reporter/etc. Hmmm...maybe it was tweeted too soon and they took it down?

Could have been a troll. I've seen one of those, claiming it'll be on D+. I don't know what they stand to gain, outside of annoying people. Just seems petty. Either way, it's not official yet. In a month, who knows?

My corner of the world is doing pretty well. The worst seems to be behind us. But I'm not sure I want to go back to the cinema yet. And I was doubtful about BW to start with. Sure, I've seen average trailers for good movies. But it still didn't grab me.

I've been hearing so many rumors lately about future Avengers and Marvel movies.  I'm getting the impression the ideas are just pilling up while the theaters are closed.  By the time things open up again, they may have their next 10 years of films set.

2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Has there been any indication if CM2 will pick up where the first one left off and still be set in the 90's or will it be more of a sequel to the events of Endgame. Because I would love to see Carol take the fight back to the Supreme Intelligence. Plus it would be interesting to have them fill in the blanks for what happened to Ronan between the 90's and when he was working for Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Has there been any indication if CM2 will pick up where the first one left off and still be set in the 90's or will it be more of a sequel to the events of Endgame. Because I would love to see Carol take the fight back to the Supreme Intelligence. Plus it would be interesting to have them fill in the blanks for what happened to Ronan between the 90's and when he was working for Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy.

According to the Hollywood Reporter the setting will be present day. I assume that mean post-Endgame. 

23 minutes ago, SeanC said:

A very brief clip from Peyton Reed discussing the third Ant-Man film:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/filmmaker-peyton-reed-status-ant-140000385.html

He says that they've figured out the story and are planning (provisionally) to film for a 2022 release.  This, assuming everything goes according to plan, will make him the first director to handle a whole trilogy of MCU films.

They'd better get rid of him for whatever random reason comes to mind. Can't break the pattern!

• LOL 1

I saw this when I woke up, and genuinely thought I was still dreaming. Awful news, still a young man and he only got married last year.

Looking back, his weight loss was noticeable but I figured it was for a role - either slimming down or just dropping the muscle that playing Black Panther required.

What a great man, to keep doing Make A Wish visits and comforting sick fans, all while he was fighting illness himself.

• Love 7

I’m in shock.  Just woke up to see this news.  Wow. 😢

12 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I saw this when I woke up, and genuinely thought I was still dreaming. Awful news, still a young man and he only got married last year.

Looking back, his weight loss was noticeable but I figured it was for a role - either slimming down or just dropping the muscle that playing Black Panther required.

What a great man, to keep doing Make A Wish visits and comforting sick fans, all while he was fighting illness himself.

Yes, I remember seeing a pic a few months ago and he didn’t look well, but like you, I assumed it was for a role.  Wow. 

• Love 1