Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E34: Backstage Pass

druzy
  • Start Topic

The Teen Mom reunion special may be over, but the drama didn't end there! See what happens when the cameras keep rolling behind-the-scenes. Amber demands respect, Cory teases Cheyenne with a proposal, and the whole cast bonds over parenthood & family.

Airs: January 7, 2019 at 9:00 PM 

• Love 4
On 1/6/2019 at 8:37 AM, druzy said:

The Teen Mom reunion special may be over, but the drama didn't end there! See what happens when the cameras keep rolling behind-the-scenes. Amber demands respect, Cory teases Cheyenne with a proposal, and the whole cast bonds over parenthood & family.

Airs: January 7, 2019 at 9:00 PM 

They can pretty much say Amber demands respect in their description of every episode and reunion show that airs from now on.  Of course we all know she can demand it all she wants but it will never happen.

• Love 16

Guess I’m I the minority here, but I’m finding this much more interesting and watchable than expected. Dakota seems fairly lucid and happy, which is nice to see. And Bristol is coming off as almost likable! Cheyenne too.

Amber...meh. Whoever said she is morphing into the white version of Precious’ Mom nailed it, at least appearance-wise. Good luck maintaining your lifestyle if you really quit the show, Amber

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 18
59 minutes ago, druzy said:

I have the closed caption on. Cate walks into the hotel room grabs a slice of pizza and talks while chewing. The closed caption says "Chomping". 

Amber gave the camera the finger when she walked into the studio. She's on something.

And I tweeted Scumber and her flip off. Cuz FUCK HER! 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, druzy said:

Cate told Maci that Ryan needs to get a job and do outpatient therapy when he gets out of rehab.

Tyler is strung out!

Well that's really rich. Considering it's CATE! FFS I hope Tyler is NOT strung out. He shouldn't even play considering his family history.

Just now, druzy said:

She's probably going to flip out!

GOOD. I'll wait....

• Love 10

Amber:  Hi Dakota, nice to meet you for the very first time ever, in this room full of people, when we're about to be filmed for national television.  Let's talk about Iraq and Afghanistan.  Right now.  At our first ever interaction. 

Me: *Cringes*

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Bridget said:

What I really want to know is whether or not she sent you love! 😉💚

Nope not yet. She has sent me no love. Sad really. Had a short exchange with one of her fans or whatever. No one was seriously injured yet. LOL!

Janelle freak on another thread tho.....LOL! 

• Love 10

WTH with Amber coming in being all loud and aggressive and flipping everyone off. Why is she always yelling? And I love her screaming, "I've worked my ass off!" How does she figure? When has she ever worked?

Cate looked so miserable, never smiled, such a joy suck.

Dakota has grown on me; I think I like him.

Jaders is the cutest.

• Love 18

I find it so irritating watching these losers, who have no education/skills/work experience, getting paged to the hair and makeup chair, spouting off their opinions. So annoying. 

Maci's skin is terrible. 

Cate is a slob. 

Amber and her filthy mouth and ridiculous attitude, ugh,yelling at the producer guy. Amber, a year from now, you will be rounding up shopping carts at the Kroger, wishing you were back on MTV, sending love !

WTH was wrong with Tyler ? When the dads were bonding, he was manic about Corey not getting married. How embarrassing for Cate.

• Love 15

I am watching this trash now. Y’all know I will be posting soon.  Just here for spoilers! 🥳

omg!  Amber’s scene is on and her first sentence is....I have Post Partum Depression.

If Amber and Andrew were smart they would cash in that and make a new show about PPD.

Sorry, Catelynn doesn’t get time off.....like that.  She purposely checks into spa rehab and then her therapists tell the show she is under medical care and cannot film. Then MTV is threatened with HIPPA violations. The law is the law.

This might explain her numerous spa rehab trips. 

When Catelynn told Amber to go to spa rehab....Amber declined.   So, that is that!  

This chick collecting 300K to sit on her couch for 10 whole years.......now trying to stop production......and, maybe even staffs paychecks.  Some nerves! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SuzyQILoveYou said:

And I love her screaming, "I've worked my ass off!" How does she figure? When has she ever worked?

I wish it would occur to Amber that the only people who are actually working when they film is the crew.  They get up, get ready, and leave the house to perform a function so that SHE can 'work her ass off'?  WTF Amber.  You dumb broad.  Will you think of someone besides yourself for a minute.  She can do anything in the world she wants while they are there and they accommodate that.  Well they would if it were necessary, but it's not in her case.  She is seriously confusing airing her dirty laundry for hard work. 

Also Amber, it's not that the audience isn't seeing who you really are, it's that you are seeing who you really are, and you don't like it.  If you want to see who you actually are in the world, just watch yourself from afar and all will be revealed.  In addition to all the money these twerps make, they are in a unique position to see themselves from the outside, and to use that to become better people.  Instead, Amber's behavior gets worse and she becomes even more unlikable.  I've almost felt sorry for her a couple times, she's obviously broken, but then in 3 seconds flat she's crazy-ass ranting at someone and my pity dissolves as fast as she went to an 11. 

And finally one positive note-at least that bun on the top of her head is gone. 

• Love 18

I have been a Dakota fan, but no more.  I'm shallow.  His veneers are *way* too fucking big for his mouth.  I'm surprised he can talk at all, much less that pressured mile-a-minute blah blah blah he's machine-gunning out there.  He's on something, and that's fine because god knows he's earned it.  Bristol-Meyers' veneers are way too big, too, but not ghastly big like his are.  Their flirting makes me puke.  And that's all I have to say about that.

Amber is looking for ways to demonstrate how big her brain is, that's why the whole "meeting you for the very first time let's talk Afghanistan" shit.  All those New Yorker magazines are osmosing into her head--well, at least some of the cartoons are.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

When Catelynn told Amber to go to spa rehab....Amber declined.   So, that is that!  

Amber had said she'd have been too guilty to leave James.

Cate, you need to check yourself when AMBER is the more concerned parent in the conversation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Did anyone’s screen on this website just went black??? weird.

Butch-  I need a bath every time he comes on screen.  Makes a lot of excuses for being a shitty absent dad....but, NEVER misses a MTV taping in 10 years.

Someone...EXPLAIN???!  Maybe he should have given birth to a camera! LMAO

Amber-  She should go to school and become psychologist. She LOVES to talk about mental health.  Bonus!  She gets to sit on a couch all day.  Probably still earn her 300Ks. 

Omg!  On that last scene it is Andrew pushing the stroller.  I have never seen Amber touch the new baby.

Bristol- We get it!  You are divorce. We are not deaf.  We heard you the first time. She low key flirts with Dakota.  He won’t flirt back and it drives her nuts.

Cheyenne to Cory-  Let’s go to THERAPY!  She will do anything to manipulate Cory into spend time with her. Cory eating cake without boyfriend responsibility....why buy the cow?

Maci- 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴‼️

• Love 4

Was Cory going on a safari after this? As much as Tyler Jr. annoys me, I loved him calling out Amber. He's used to The Challenge atmosphere which is pretty much "start talking shit & pissing people off immediately upon meeting", and you could tell Amber didn't know what to do with that. 

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:
15 hours ago, druzy said:

I have the closed caption on. Cate walks into the hotel room grabs a slice of pizza and talks while chewing. The closed caption says "Chomping". 

Hahahaha, that's awesome. Did you see the look Tyler gave her? He's disgusted by her. 

Go closed captioning! LOL! And yes, I also saw the look Tyler gave her. I think I was giving her the same one. She IS disgusting., She's starting to remind me of Audrey from National Lampoon's European vacation in that one scene...

audrey.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I'd love to see the Teen Mom producers call Amber's bluff and just not care that she wants to quit the show.   Corey is right that it is all about hysterics and she has no intention of quitting the show.   I wish that they would just say "Okay, we'll have the lawyers get you the paperwork you need to sign off and then we'll be all set" and watch her just sputter and back track.  

I always feel a sense of dread with Dakota.   He is playing nice and all, but take a look at his face anytime they are in a group setting and he voices an opinion and someone disagrees.   He's pissed.   It happened a few times in the reunion, most notably when he was telling Tyler not to take a 30 day break from his marriage.  

Tyler said something interesting to Cory.   He said something to him about how he'll end up marrying Cheyenne sooner or later because they will nag and basically make him.   That said more about what happened with Tyler than about anything to do with Cory and Cheyenne.   It made me laugh.   

• Love 17

Gawd, Amber is just. the. WORST. "Hi Honey!!" "he's about to get scratched". Girl you aren't hard. You're just trash. Someone above said she acts hoity toity, and that's exactly it. Tries to walk in like she's so much better than everyone, but she's just not. Her affectations/mannerisms still have that trash stink. I really wish they'd call her on her bluff and fire her ass. I hate her as much as Jenelle. 

I need Bristol's sweatshirt "Jesus Drank Wine." I'd love to wear it around my Southern Baptist inlaws, who think Jesus really drank grape juice and think alcohol is a sin. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I always find these types of shows more enjoyable than the regular reunion episodes. I'm not a Corey fan, but I was living for him laying some truth down on Amber - "You don't want to quit; you just want to SAY you do." YUP. "Oh, I forgot; this is the Amber show." YUP. YUP. YUP. 

Dammit. Now I have to restore it from my deleted items and watch this.  

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Gawd, Amber is just. the. WORST. "Hi Honey!!" "he's about to get scratched". Girl you aren't hard. You're just trash. Someone above said she acts hoity toity, and that's exactly it. Tries to walk in like she's so much better than everyone, but she's just not. Her affectations/mannerisms still have that trash stink. I really wish they'd call her on her bluff and fire her ass. I hate her as much as Jenelle. 

I need Bristol's sweatshirt "Jesus Drank Wine." I'd love to wear it around my Southern Baptist inlaws, who think Jesus really drank grape juice and think alcohol is a sin. 

Amber does try to act hoity toiitey, but mostly she acts like everyone else is stupid for asking her reasonable questions. She pulls “that face” which conveys OMG you are so ignorant! Which irritates me to no end.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Did anyone’s screen on this website just went black??? weird.

Butch-  I need a bath every time he comes on screen.  Makes a lot of excuses for being a shitty absent dad....but, NEVER misses a MTV taping in 10 years.

Someone...EXPLAIN???!  Maybe he should have given birth to a camera! LMAO

Amber-  She should go to school and become psychologist. She LOVES to talk about mental health.  Bonus!  She gets to sit on a couch all day.  Probably still earn her 300Ks. 

Omg!  On that last scene it is Andrew pushing the stroller.  I have never seen Amber touch the new baby.

Bristol- We get it!  You are divorce. We are not deaf.  We heard you the first time. She low key flirts with Dakota.  He won’t flirt back and it drives her nuts.

Cheyenne to Cory-  Let’s go to THERAPY!  She will do anything to manipulate Cory into spend time with her. Cory eating cake without boyfriend responsibility....why buy the cow?

Maci- 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴‼ï¸

Dance4Life, I think your keyboard is having a stroke....

3 hours ago, snarts said:

Do they get to bring as many family members as they want?  I noticed Tyler's meth-head sister in one of the shots.

Mackenzie was there with her baby too!  She was in the scene with Gary's birthday cake and I don't think they showed or mentioned her at any other times.

• Love 8

I could not even understand what was being talked about when the dads where all together. All they did was talk over each other, especially Tyler, Cory and Dakota.

Where is that gif of Roxanne because I CAAAAAAANNNN'TTTT with Amber! Worked her ass of doing what exactly? She acts like she's been working 15 hours days in a mine with no breaks an no sunlight. Bitch, GTFO.

Jayde and Ryder are adorable

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I could not even understand what was being talked about when the dads where all together. All they did was talk over each other, especially Tyler, Cory and Dakota.

Where is that gif of Roxanne because I CAAAAAAANNNN'TTTT with Amber! Worked her ass of doing what exactly? She acts like she's been working 15 hours days in a mine with no breaks an no sunlight. Bitch, GTFO.

Jayde and Ryder are adorable

I co-sign the CAAAAANNNNN'TTTT with Amber.    I literally laughed out loud when she put her pointy nail finger in the air to Larry and said she worked FOR A WHOLE YEAR STRAIGHT.   I know these girls are used to not actually having to work for a living, but it was something.   I'd like to inform Amber that I've worked for about 22 YEARS STRAIGHT in an actual job as an underpaid thankless social worker.   Have many seats.  

Yes, Ryder in particular is all kinds of cute.   And from someone who has watched a lot of the Challenge....while I would often roll my eyes at Cory, his male whoreness and the women who were all about him....from watching him on Teen Mom, I get it.   He's charming as fuck.   I laughed at him when Cheyenne gave Ryder to him and Ryder was squirming around, so he just put her down and said "go live your best life."   Sign me up as one of the stupid suckers for Cory and his damn charm.   

• Love 22

Amber has worked her ass off for a WHOLE YEAR straight. Welcome to the real world my delusional friend.

Also, for some reason, I found it funny when Ty told Corey to stay single or “they will PRESSURE COOK you to marry her”. Like Corey is a pot roast.

Ahh... TM, the gift that keeps giving. Good times.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Wednesday-Addams said:

Amber has worked her ass off for a WHOLE YEAR straight. Welcome to the real world my delusional friend.

Ahh... TM, the gift that keeps giving. Good times.

I really want to know what constitutes "work" in Amber's mind.  Let alone "working her ass off." 

She must wonder what all of her neighbors are up to when they drive off early in the morning and don't return until late in the evening, day in and day out.  Maybe she thinks there's a really long line at the Post Office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I really want to know what constitutes "work" in Amber's mind.  Let alone "working her ass off." 

She must wonder what all of her neighbors are up to when they drive off early in the morning and don't return until late in the evening, day in and day out.  Maybe she thinks there's a really long line at the Post Office.

Haha that's amazing.

the only working her ass off she does is when she gets her ass off the couch and transfers it to her bed.

Whyyyyy are these producers kissing her ass and nervous around her. You are her BOSS!

• Love 10
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris Knight said:

Amber and her filthy mouth and ridiculous attitude, ugh,yelling at the producer guy. Amber, a year from now, you will be rounding up shopping carts at the Kroger, wishing you were back on MTV, sending love !

No! she'll still be in her fucking bed on permanent disability for one of her many mental conditions. She truly is a repulsive, poser, POS dumbass!

• Love 11

I actually enjoyed this episode, surprisingly. It’s cool to see the cast members interact in a less staged setting. Maci still comes across as stuck up, but I have to say that most of the others came across really well. Cory, Cheyenne, Dakota, Bristol , Gary, all came across to me as v likeable. Bristol with her - “wait til you guys see my new tape come out” line had me laughing. Dakota and Bristol had good chemistry which we never saw all season ?! 

This won’t be a popular opinion, but outside of Amber’s flipping off the camera, general disrespectfulness & making other peoples problems about herself, she came across as more caring and interested in people than I think I’ve ever seen her. Her interactions with the children, Corey, Dakota, came off well imo. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I have rarely seen Amber do anything besides sit on a couch.

• Love 5
On 1/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, BARISTA said:

I actually enjoyed this episode, surprisingly. It’s cool to see the cast members interact in a less staged setting. Maci still comes across as stuck up, but I have to say that most of the others came across really well. Cory, Cheyenne, Dakota, Bristol , Gary, all came across to me as v likeable. Bristol with her - “wait til you guys see my new tape come out” line had me laughing. Dakota and Bristol had good chemistry which we never saw all season ?! 

Add that to her Jesus Drank Wine sweatshirt while hugging Kristina goodbye and saying: “you’re so sweet” and I kind of liked her.

I can’t find the sweatshirt that Bristol wore anywhere online, but that phrase (which is new to me) is available on everything and anything from Amazon to Etsy. 

I believe it was @MyPeopleAreNordic who originally said it, but BP undoubtedly has great manners and it showed. I do think she was sincere with Kristina though. Who doesn’t love our girl Kristina?

Was Dakota drunk when the dads were together or did he borrow some of Tyler’s Adderall? The whole talking over each other thing was really hard to watch, but quite telling (no pun intended) about their personalities. I know these guys didn’t attend social skills classes, but I find it to be such bad etiquette when interrupting others and to continue talking. It’s not like they all blabbed at the same time for 10 seconds, realized what they were doing and then stopped. Nope. Not our dads. They did that shit for 10 minutes! I’d like to know why that clip was even played; we couldn’t decipher what anyone was saying the majority of the time. 

I do admit that I am guilty of interrupting people sometimes, but it’s usually because I don’t want to forget to say or ask something, like during a visit to the doctor. However, I am very aware of it and work hard not to do it. 

I think Dakota & Bristol still like each other. I wonder if they’d still be together if they didn’t have their girls? Maybe the stress of having two little ones that are so close in age compounded with how hard marriage can be, his PTSS (I learned it’s not a disorder; it’s a syndrome) and Bristol’s self-admitted uptight demeanor was a recipe for divorce? I don’t mean to suggest that Sailor and Atlee are the reason for the dissolution of their marriage (I know several of you have children who are close in age), but they seemed to actually like each other. I could almost imagine how they acted while they were dating.

That said, based on my limited knowledge of post-combat PTSS and the struggle veterans face when coming home, I am dying to know what Bristol was thinking by having a second baby with him. Following the timeline of their relationship, as short as it was, I find it hard to believe that Bristol wasn’t privy to Dakota’s struggles and outbursts. Does anyone know her stance on birth control?

I wonder if Bristol and her legal team will “strongly encourage” Dakota to get some help for his PTSS after this show aired, especially when it comes to custody. I don’t know about my fellow posters, but I couldn’t tell if he was extraordinarily proud that he hasn’t gotten help or if he’s totally clueless that it’s much more common for males, especially veterans, to get mental health treatment. 

Shout out to Cory for giving Amber shit the minute he met her. I don’t watch The Challenge, and I believe that he’s obnoxious and a camera whore, but God love him! Between his exchange with Amber and telling Ryder to go live her best life, I can’t hate on him on this show.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Bridget said:

I think Dakota & Bristol still like each other. I wonder if they’d still be together if they didn’t have their girls? Maybe the stress of having two little ones that are so close in age compounded with how hard marriage can be, his PTSS (I learned it’s not a disorder; it’s a syndrome) and Bristol’s self-admitted uptight demeanor was a recipe for divorce? 

I think it was so that she didn't have to take care of those annoying girl-children.  

Seriously, though, this is everyone's opening line for each episode.

AMBER:  "I was depressed so I couldn't see Leah..."

CHEYENNE:  "We're having a party to celebrate..."

CATELYNN:  "I've really been struggling with depression..."

MACI:  "I haven't heard from Ryan..."

BRISTOL:  "Dakota has the girls..."

• Love 15
On 1/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I really wish they'd call her on her bluff and fire her ass. I hate her as much as Jenelle. 

I'd really like to see inside Larry's head when the girls are going off on him like that.  Like does he go home and cry because he has to be pussy-whipped by them every time he seems them??? C'mon Larry, grow some balls and agree with her that she should quit!  They can keep Gary and Christina. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, teapot said:

I think it was so that she didn't have to take care of those annoying girl-children.  

Seriously, though, this is everyone's opening line for each episode.

AMBER:  "I was depressed so I couldn't see Leah..."

CHEYENNE:  "We're having a party to celebrate..."

CATELYNN:  "I've really been struggling with depression..."

MACI:  "I haven't heard from Ryan..."

BRISTOL:  "Dakota has the girls..."

Maybe post-divorce he made her agree not to film with them?

• Love 3

See that behavior from Amber is the whole reason I stopped watching. Fuck her. She thinks she is so much better than everyone and no one can tell her anything if she doesn't agree with it the butthole face starts and she starts screeching and pointing her pointy fingernail. Bitch thinks she is so tough but honestly that is not how a classy bitch acts Amber, that's how a trashy bitch acts, she has never changed, just changed who she is yelling at. MTV just needs to not renew her contract and let her go. 

• Love 9
On 1/8/2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris Knight said:

WTH was wrong with Tyler ? When the dads were bonding, he was manic about Corey not getting married. How embarrassing for Cate.

In my opinion Tyler has bipolar (II, probably) disorder. And the irony is he is one of the few cast members NOT (mis)diagnosed with it.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, teapot said:

Amber had said she'd have been too guilty to leave James.

How wonderful she’s never had any such difficulty leaving Leah and not seeing her for weeks or months at a time. I’m sure when Leah reads and hears this type of shit she’ll feel super great about it all.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, shelley1234 said:

Tyler said something interesting to Cory.   He said something to him about how he'll end up marrying Cheyenne sooner or later because they will nag and basically make him.   That said more about what happened with Tyler than about anything to do with Cory and Cheyenne.   It made me laugh.   

I just watched the episode with their original proposal- it was all Tyler. So the fact he’s trying to say he was forced into it is ironic. He forced himself into it so he could continue to be the “golden boy” of this franchise. His own ego is what is trapping him. He proposed and then basically immediately was all, we shouldn’t even be engaged yet bc we’re so young. And Catelynn says  why are we engaged then? If you don’t think we should be then we shouldn’t be. And he replies saying that he WANTS to be engaged and that just because they shouldn’t be engaged doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to be. Wut? He constantly fucked with her about it all, holding marriage over her head to get her to do what he wanted, just like how he “made” her place Carly for adoption to keep him. Tyler loves to be the long suffering victim. Just get a fucking divorce already and stop complaining!

On 1/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, Wednesday-Addams said:

Amber does try to act hoity toiitey, but mostly she acts like everyone else is stupid for asking her reasonable questions. She pulls “that face” which conveys OMG you are so ignorant! Which irritates me to no end.

And then screams, “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????” Whenever someone says something she doesn’t like. It’s almost as iconically annoying as Jenelle’s, “leave me alooooooone” to me.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:04 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

I’m watching season 2 and Amber just got a part time job at a tanning salon. I think she said it was 15 hours a week. Walking people to a tanning bed and then wiping it down. The bitch OBVIOUSLY knows hard work, “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???” 

EDIT: I just figured it out - Amber works her ass off “sending love” to everyone!! How could we all be so ungrateful as to not realize the toll it must take on her to type that out each and every time she does so. Yet she still does it. She’s a real humanitarian!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 16
On 1/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, Bridget said:

Shout out to Cory for giving Amber shit the minute he met her. I don’t watch The Challenge, and I believe that he’s obnoxious and a camera whore, but God love him! Between his exchange with Amber and telling Ryder to go live her best life, I can’t hate on him on this show.

Edited yest. 03:24 PM by Bridget.

When I watched it it almost seemed like they were both joking around because Amber didn’t get mad.

But then I saw the tweet with her and Cory “arguining” where he says “you new what you signed up for”. Can anyone confirm if Cory and Amber were really arguing on twitter or were they doing that fun banter like they did in the backstage episode? 

TL; DR

Why do I care? 🤪

• Love 5
On 1/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, Rebecca said:

In my opinion Tyler has bipolar (II, probably) disorder. And the irony is he is one of the few cast members NOT (mis)diagnosed with it.

And then (Amber) screams, “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????” Whenever someone says something she doesn’t like. It’s almost as iconically annoying as Jenelle’s, “leave me alooooooone” to me.

This. Is. So. True.

I never made the connection before your post, but you’re 100% correct in that comparison.

• Love 7