Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Half Week Thread for 1/2 to 1/4/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, ari333 said:

YES THIS ALL CAPS INTENDED!!

satirical? what?

and cutting that young man's hair was hard to watch.  WTF? why didn't someone step in and stop it?

They all had their backs against the wall because it was an important match and the referee had all the power to not let him compete (for a BS reason.) 

The kid didn't want to let his team down, so he asked his coach to quickly cut it for him.

I hope that he sues that referee's ass off.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 16
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

I have never understood Louie CK's appeal.  Just not my cup of tea.  But with all the gross stuff he did in front of female comics I do not understand why  when trying to make a comeback he would be so insensitive.

I used to be a fan and was shocked by all the stuff. He has blown his career. and is just making it worse instead of better.  I wish I knew what Sunny meant by satirical WHAT>?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

They all had their backs against the wall because it was an important match and the referee had all the power to not let him compete (for a BS reason.) 

THE kid didn't want to let his team down, so he asked his coach to quickly cut it for him.

In sports you’re at the mercy of the ref or the ump. Doesn’t matter if they’re wrong or right....it’s their call and you best abide by it. My son plays three sports and I can’t tell you the contradictions we’ve seen. One ref says he can wear his qb towel. Another makes him take it off. One lets him wear a thing around his bicep, another won’t. My point is I doubt his parents will get much traction in a law suit, this kid wants to move onto bigger and better things and while no one wants to admit it, messing with the refs can have unspoken repercussions for the kid. I’ve seen it first hand. Sucks but it a reality. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

In sports you’re at the mercy of the ref or the ump. Doesn’t matter if they’re wrong or right....it’s their call and you best abide by it. My son plays three sports and I can’t tell you the contradictions we’ve seen. One ref says he can wear his qb towel. Another makes him take it off. One lets him wear a thing around his bicep, another won’t. 

I just don't think those are comparable examples, IMO. 

This felt a lot more invasive.

(I know hair can grow back, but I have a feeling he grew that for years.)

ETA: just rewatched, and they said the ref had made racial slurs before, and had actually been suspended for a year.

(I googled it, and it seems to be true)

What a creep.

Edited by ChiCricket
to add more info
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

In sports you’re at the mercy of the ref or the ump. Doesn’t matter if they’re wrong or right....it’s their call and you best abide by it. My son plays three sports and I can’t tell you the contradictions we’ve seen. One ref says he can wear his qb towel. Another makes him take it off. One lets him wear a thing around his bicep, another won’t. My point is I doubt his parents will get much traction in a law suit, this kid wants to move onto bigger and better things and while no one wants to admit it, messing with the refs can have unspoken repercussions for the kid. I’ve seen it first hand. Sucks but it a reality. 

I see your  point, but it still feels so wrong

• Love 7

To top it all of Louis CK had to insert a fat kid 'joke' while he was spewing all that disgusting stuff about the Parkland survivors and victims. (I said this in another thread where he was mentioned too.)

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I just don't think those are comparable examples, IMO.  This felt a lot more invasive.

What I’m saying is there’s a difference in how refs interpret the rules. Other refs let the kid go with the dreads and this guy wouldn’t. The kid was allowed to put on the appropriate head gear, but there wasn’t enough time and the kid said to cut it. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have never understood Louie CK's appeal.  Just not my cup of tea.  But with all the gross stuff he did in front of female comics I do not understand why  when trying to make a comeback he would be so insensitive.

Because he hasn't learned a thing and is a big stupid idiot?

Again, former fan here (don't judge) so it's not like I disliked him before he threw his career away.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan barely let Abby talk about her own pregnancy.  

"I knew you were having twins!"

"I love twins," and on and on and on. She somehow manages to make every topic about her - what she likes, who she knows, what friends she lost, ect.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 24
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That’s the argument I’ve heard from those defending his jokes but I don’t understand why he couldn’t come up with a better way to relay that message without including the Parkland shooting.

If you think he should have written his material in a way that was more PC and non-offensive, then it's probably safe to say that his brand of comedy isn't for you and many others. There were many comments online that seemed to think the set was funny and of course, far more it seems that found it offensive. That's always been what comedy is about. I certainly don't think it's unfair to be offended, especially for those close to the Parkland incident but I can't pretend to be outraged by this either. While I didn't find the 'jokes' funny, I didn't interpret it as being malicious and actually making fun of the Parkland victims and survivors. Now if I see the full set, I may have a different interpretation of things.

If this was said by Trevor Noah or Hasan Minhaj, I would be far more disappointed because that's not their brand of comedy and I find them funny precisely because they don't go for cheap laughs.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

THE kid didn't want to let his team down, so he asked his coach to quickly cut it for him.

I hope he realizes what a hero he is. Taking one for his team like that was a noble sacrifice. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Much as I dislike Meghan, she looked nice today, the black outfit and the hair looked good.

I agree that the top liked very nice, but why is she wearing her grandma's old sofa upholstery on her bottom?

Whoopi, that romper/overalls/potato sack looks even worse from the side.

rps20190102_234109.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

I just don't think those are comparable examples, IMO.  This felt a lot more invasive.

yes.

18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

To top it all of Louis CK had to insert a fat kid 'joke' while he was spewing all that disgusting stuff about the Parkland survivors and victims. (I said this in another thread where he was mentioned too.)

I agree with Sunny. use your dollars... or not.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Because he hasn't learned a thing and is a big stupid idiot?

Again, former fan here (don't judge) so it's not like I disliked him before he threw his career away.

yep I kind of thought he could come back and be normal but ... nope

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If you think he should have written his material in a way that was more PC and non-offensive, then it's probably safe to say that his brand of comedy isn't for you and many others. There were many comments online that seemed to think the set was funny and of course, far more it seems that found it offensive. That's always been what comedy is about. I certainly don't think it's unfair to be offended, especially for those close to the Parkland incident but I can't pretend to be outraged by this either. While I didn't find the 'jokes' funny, I didn't interpret it as being malicious and actually making fun of the Parkland victims and survivors. Now if I see the full set, I may have a different interpretation of things.

If this was said by Trevor Noah or Hasan Minhaj, I would be far more disappointed because that's not their brand of comedy and I find them funny precisely because they don't go for cheap laughs.

Colbert is pretty sensitive and on point with jokes about tragedies. However, fairly recently, he made a joke that I thought was just wrong and tone-deaf so soon after the fact. I can't remember what the subject was -- one of the latest tragedies, natural disasters. I felt uncomfortable when I saw where he was going. When he got to the punchline, you could hear some tentative, nervous laughter from the audience. His intentions were not ignoble. There's no equivocation with him.  I think it was just a rare miss. Some other comics--- who knows.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I actually used to kind of like him and occasionally watched his series Louis years ago. He definitely has a dark sense of humor that I didn't really mind. Comedy is subjective and his type of humor isn't for everybody.

That being said, one would think he'd be more focused on redeeming himself after multiple women came forward about his sexual misconduct (probably next to impossible now) instead of digging himself a deeper grave by asking the audience why they should be interested in what teenagers involved in a mass shooting have to say. I get that some people found it funny - it's clear from the audible laughter if you listen to the clip - but it didn't sit well with many more people, imo. But I guess that's the road he wants to go down. All I know is I stopped being a fan long ago.

16 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Colbert is pretty sensitive and on point with jokes about tragedies. However, fairly recently, he made a joke that I thought was just wrong and tone-deaf so soon after the fact. I can't remember what the subject was -- one of the latest tragedies, natural disasters. I felt uncomfortable when I saw where he was going. When he got to the punchline, you could hear some tentative, nervous laughter from the audience. His intentions were not ignoble. There's no equivocation with him.  I think it was just a rare miss. Some other comics--- who knows.

I can't remember the joke either but I think I know what you're talking about. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Nah..not her fault. I saw this on the news. This was his coach, and he asked her to cut it so he wouldn't forfeit the match. The referee was an asshole who wouldn't let him compete if it wasn't cut. (And she had to do it fast or else he still would've gotten eliminated.) Again, he asked her to do it. Poor kid.

Made.me.sick.

Glad to hear it was his coach, but the wearing gloves part like his hair was contaminated was a little offensive. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

That being said, one would think he'd be more focused on redeeming himself after multiple women came forward about his sexual misconduct (probably next to impossible now) instead of digging himself a deeper grave by asking the audience why they should be interested in what teenagers involved in a mass shooting have to say. I get that some people found it funny - it's clear from the audible laughter if you listen to the clip - but it didn't sit well with many more people, imo. But I guess that's the road he wants to go down. All I know is I stopped being a fan long ago.

This is what stood out to me when I heard about the jokes. Good intentions or not, it was downright stupid for him to go there with that joke knowing full well that he's still repairing his image and attempting to revive his comedy career. 

• Love 7

I adore Joy, she’s the only reason I still watch, but boy she was tone deaf on that wrestler.  To equate it to her ex wearing a wig to hide his long hair, and then saying people of all color have experienced this - I was very disappointed. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I adore Joy, she’s the only reason I still watch, but boy she was tone deaf on that wrestler.  To equate it to her ex wearing a wig to hide his long hair, and then saying people of all color have experienced this - I was very disappointed. 

Yes. I love Joy, but she slipped on this one

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

"I knew you were having twins!"

"I love twins," and on and on and on. She somehow manages to make every topic about her - what she likes, who she knows, what friends she lost, ect.

We've all known someone like Meghan. Haven't we all thought, "What a bad conversationalist!"?

• Love 8

Meghan is so thick waisted that the skirt doesn't look good on her.  I have to agree that her hair looked very nice.

I don't think the skirt is that bad, but it belongs a thinner person (as almost everything Meghan wears does).

1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Much as I dislike Meghan, she looked nice today, the black outfit and the hair looked good.

I agree that the top liked very nice, but why is she wearing her grandma's old sofa upholstery on her bottom?

Whoopi, that romper/overalls/potato sack looks even worse from the side.😂

rps20190102_131657.jpg

Edited 18 minutes ago by ChiCricket.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

As a former fan of Louie CK , he just went too low (and he has gone very low before.)

I liked these two tweets about this

Screenshot_20190102-114622.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-114531.jpg

Also this one:

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I interpreted it as him pointing out the ridiculousness of society and the relationship between older and younger generations that ultimately, no matter what the younger generation does, there will always be those among the older generation wanting to dismiss them, especially when they don't fall in line.

That’s the argument I’ve heard from those defending his jokes but I don’t understand why he couldn’t come up with a better way to relay that message without including the Parkland shooting.

With this, I yelled 'FUCK YOU SUNNY, YOU STUPID TWAT!' when she got all 'emotional' over the young man who had to get his hair cut.  Thankfully, he still gets to live, the Parkland students don't.  Would she have said such stupidity if it had been one of her kids?!  For once I was on Abby's side when she responded.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

I agree she looked lovely today. And then she opened her mouth.

To show us the lipstick all over her teeth.😜

Isn't she Richie Rich level rich?

Can't she buy herself some lipstick that won't smear?🤔

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Glad to hear it was his coach, but the wearing gloves part like his hair was contaminated was a little offensive. 

Trainers wear gloves when they stretch out someone’s leg.  She’s not a hair stylist, what if she cut herself and got blood on him....then everyone is all “why isn’t she wearing gloves”. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

We've all known someone like Meghan. Haven't we all thought, "What a bad conversationalist!"?

Yes and it sure is a good thing that being able to have a conversation isn't part of Meghan's job ..... as a co-host ..... of a talk show... heh

• Love 9
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Megan said she is not easily offended.   

Yet how long ago was she OUTRAGED at Pete Davidson making a "Pirate"  joke about a veteran with an eye patch?   

Meghan was more upset than the target of the joke, who then appeared on SNL the next week to laugh about it.   

And then turned around and made Davidson's openness over his suicidal thoughts that was in part caused by the hatefulness stirred up by people like her into a moment for her to sympathize with herself. She's such a disgusting human being all around.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16

Meghan tweeted about Bre's death that she was "gutted" when she heard about it.  Then again today on the show she said she was "gutted."  I think that is a strong word and I wonder if she was gutted by Bre's death, what was she about her father's death. Words matter.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Trainers wear gloves when they stretch out someone’s leg.  She’s not a hair stylist, what if she cut herself and got blood on him....then everyone is all “why isn’t she wearing gloves”. 

If she cut herself she'd still get blood on him.  Those are latex gloves not thick gloves to avoid scissor injuries.  I'm simply sharing my view of what I saw, and the optics were bad.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 3

Good lorden, that was a mess. Megan was her usual annoying self but extra loud and ...pay attention to me... me , let’s talk about me! Ok we get it you love to drink. I saw an old New Years episode on Bravo with Andy Cohen and Megan was one of the guest. It was 2011 and  I was shocked at how much slimmer she was. Still shrill and loud though.  I also saw pictures of her previous appearances on the View before she became a regular.  She looked more put together. 

Wardrobe must hate her because they don’t know how to dress her to flatter her figure. Plaid is not your friend. 

Sunny who I normally tolerate and like was irritating to me  with her I’m easily offended by everything and I cried ugh. 

Whoopi reminded me that yard waste pickup is coming soon. 

Congrats to Abby who I knew was pregnant when I saw her person. She was holding her belly between commercial breaks and I saw a little  belly through the dress she was wearing. 

Joy is still a Joy to me and the only one I can agree with on the majority of issues.  

I can’t wait to see Ana again. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Meghan tweeted about Bre's death that she was "gutted" when she heard about it.  Then again today on the show she said she was "gutted."

I think it's a new piece of British slang she picked up. She tends to reuse words she's just learned.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Good lorden, that was a mess. Megan was her usual annoying self but extra loud and ...pay attention to me... me , let’s talk about me! Ok we get it you love to drink. I saw an old New Years episode on Bravo with Andy Cohen and Megan was one of the guest. It was 2011 and  I was shocked at how much slimmer she was. Still shrill and loud though.  I also saw pictures of her previous appearances on the View before she became a regular.  She looked more put together. 

Wardrobe must hate her because they don’t know how to dress her to flatter her figure. Plaid is not your friend. 

Sunny who I normally tolerate and like was irritating to me  with her I’m easily offended by everything and I cried ugh. 

Whoopi reminded me that yard waste pickup is coming soon. 

Congrats to Abby who I knew was pregnant when I saw her person. She was holding her belly between commercial breaks and I saw a little  belly through the dress she was wearing. 

Joy is still a Joy to me and the only one I can agree with on the majority of issues.  

I can’t wait to see Ana again. 

Get Meghan on Broadway in Frozen. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Meghan is so shrill and hyper today..what the hell is she on?! 

Well she' said she just flew in from Vegas, so yeah,  still  grieving. 

B.S.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Since this happens on the regular now, we can safely add the makeup dept to the growing list of behind-the-scenes staff who hate her.  She is to blame, too, though because at what point does a person just, oh, I dunno, STOP wearing the stupid lipstick??!  One and done for me.  But this idiot keeps coming out week after week looking like the Joker.

6 hours ago, ari333 said:

whoopie looked like she was going to harvest cranberries in a wet bog

Love this!  Ha! Awesome.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9

Whoopie, honey, we have to talk.....YOU ARE REALLY OBESE GIRLFRIEND and need to go on a diet before you have a heart attack. Or stop wearing potato sacks. Had to say something after seeing that picture. I'm not watching this shit fest any more but I am hanging out with you all.  Sounds like a horrible day at The View. Hey, is Meghan's father still dead? Just checking. 

I am happy for Abbey though.....I LOVE TWINS....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa --- she said with snark in her heart. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

@WonderWuman73 - and you kept the secret.  I think it's cool since it has no impact on your spot-on reporting and Abby does deserve to tell people when she wants.

So MM actually said her husband is the person behind The Federalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She said it on the episode!  I have to collect myself...................................

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Meghan is so shrill and hyper today..what the hell is she on?! 

She was truly unbearable.  That high pitched-screeching is so obnoxious, and she did it today more than usual.  I don't know why she feels she needs to make her voice go so high.  It comes across as very childish, and I imagine it must have worked for her as a little girl.  On a grown woman, it's unpleasant and ridiculous.

As for Sunny, I was really disappointed that she was so tolerant of what Louis CK said, and yet cried about the wrestler.  I heard the Louis CK thing, and he was completely out-of-bounds, IMO.  He said more than just "Why should we care what the Parkland kids think?"  He mocked survivors, said they "pushed some fat kid" in front of them to save themselves, etc.  I understand that not everyone has the same taste in comedy, but I was appalled.   It was not only insensitive and hitting below the belt, but it wasn't funny.   One family (the Guttenbergs) not only lost a daughter in the Parkland shooting, but also have a son who was there and survived.  Imagine the agony that this "humor" must be for them.  I don't see how it's "satire".  If that was Louis CK's intent, he certainly didn't make that clear.   It actually makes no difference to me, anyway.  I have no problem with pushing the envelope or being edgy, but I thought this was just childish, lazy comedy.  And not even close to being funny.

I guarantee that if Sunny knew a family that had been impacted by Parkland, she would feel differently.  I've noticed before that her level of compassion is very inconsistent.  I'll leave it at that.

Edited by DebbieM4
misplaced quotation marks
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm not Richie Rich level rich, and somehow I manage to keep my lipstick off my teeth!  I don't understand why this chick is such a hot mess in so many ways.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

@WonderWuman73 - and you kept the secret.  I think it's cool since it has no impact on your spot-on reporting and Abby does deserve to tell people when she wants.

So MM actually said her husband is the person behind The Federalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She said it on the episode!  I have to collect myself...................................

Yeah lol I figured it was going to come out anyway. Besides I was so distracted by Megan’s meltdown that day, 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan "Both Side" McCain is back, you all! Most people know government shutdowns have happened before, Meggie. And Whoopi asked Meghan how long those other shutdowns lasted but I guess she forgot to write that down on her blue cards because she didn't answer.

And anyway, Trump admitted on live television that HE would "hold the mantle" should the government shutdown. Now he's completely changed his tune and blames the Democrats, so shut it with your "both sides" BS, Meghan. This is a #TrumpShutdown.

Megs DID reply to Whoops question.  She said "that's not on my card". Ugh, I can not tolerate her.

• Love 12