Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Half Week Thread for 1/2 to 1/4/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Wednesday, Jan. 2
“The View” returns with a Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Jan. 3 
Alan Dershowitz (author, “The Case Against the Democratic House Impeaching Trump”)

Friday, Jan. 4 
Amy Robach (ABC News’ “20/20: The Bobbitts- Love Hurts”)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wasn't Dershowitz on recently?  Is this a repeat?

I have zero interest in a show about the Bobbitts.

He seems to be making the rounds on various shows again. Most of his appearances so far have been on Faux according to IMDB.

• Love 3

I guess Abby can't hide a twins pregnancy under those horrible ugly sweaters of Whoopi's, now that the holidays are over! 

Congratulations to her, but she's going to have her hands full!!  

I wonder if Ana will come on full time when Abby leaves?  (hoping.....)

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan barely let Abby talk about her own pregnancy.  

Okay, so that wasn't just me and my lousy, lousy cold I've had since last year. 

2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan "Both Side" McCain is back, you all! Most people know government shutdowns have happened before, Meggie. And Whoopi asked Meghan how long those other shutdowns lasted but I guess she forgot to write that down on her blue cards because she didn't answer.

And anyway, Trump admitted on live television that HE would "hold the mantle" should the government shutdown. Now he's completely changed his tune and blames the Democrats, so shut it with your "both sides" BS, Meghan. This is a #TrumpShutdown.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about Meghan's cards.

(At most, she takes dictation while her husband tells her what she thinks. More likely he or her producer jot down "her" insights.)

Happy New Year, View crew. (Sorry Joy, but it is only the 2nd.)

• Love 8
Just now, Haleth said:

Darn. I've already lost count of how many times Meghan has already said "my father."  

That and she's talking or trying to talk over everyone and making smart ass comments to the audience. I thought I'd try to watch today and Meghan is reminding me why I basically quit watching....

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I agree with everything you said, except the part about Meghan's cards.

(At most, she takes dictation while her husband tells her what she thinks. More likely he or her producer jot down "her" insights.)

I have no doubt in my mind that he's the one feeding her this BS.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Y'all called it.  Abby is pregnant with twins. 

Congrats to her! I don't know if I ever mentioned it on the forum because I know initially didn't want to assume a pregnancy when it may have just been the last remnants of her pregnancy weight but I was definitely thinking it was possible she was pregnant. When she would walk out, her loose tops would brush against and show the outline of a small protruding belly.  Did she mention how far along she is? Maybe she was waiting for her first trimester to be done before announcing and given that its twins, it would make sense why she would be showing so early. Good vibes to her and her hubby throughout the rest of the pregnancy and life...3 kids all under 2 years old will be a handful for quite some time.

• Love 9
Just now, RHJunkie said:

Congrats to her! I don't know if I ever mentioned it on the forum because I know initially didn't want to assume a pregnancy when it may have just been the last remnants of her pregnancy weight but I was definitely thinking it was possible she was pregnant. When she would walk out, her loose tops would brush against and show the outline of a small protruding belly.  Did she mention how far along she is? Maybe she was waiting for her first trimester to be done before announcing and given that its twins, it would make sense why she would be showing so early. Good vibes to her and her hubby throughout the rest of the pregnancy and life...3 kids all under 2 years old will be a handful for quite some time.

I don't remember who mentioned it (including me) but we definitely speculated. She was really thin when she started the show -- no leftover weight from baby #1, then she started wearing really blousy things. She had this fuschia top that was so untailored it seemed obvious (to me). 

I'm happy for her and her husband. That's going to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun too, and let's face it, while I don't know if they'll choose to use it, they can afford household help if need be, and at least won't be sweating whether or not they can splurge on a pizza on Friday. 

I also think it's likely she'll go away after she has the babies and that's okay with me, too. 

• Love 14
Just now, General Days said:

I don't remember who mentioned it (including me) but we definitely speculated. She was really thin when she started the show -- no leftover weight from baby #1, then she started wearing really blousy things. She had this fuschia top that was so untailored it seemed obvious (to me). 

I'm happy for her and her husband. That's going to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun too, and let's face it, while I don't know if they'll choose to use it, they can afford household help if need be, and at least won't be sweating whether or not they can splurge on a pizza on Friday. 

I also think it's likely she'll go away after she has the babies and that's okay with me, too. 

I remembered her wearing form fitted outfits as well but was too lazy to actually go back and check to see if I was making up stuff or if that was, in fact, the case. I know for sure that she looked thin and her stomach looked flat when she filmed The View promo stuff where she was wearing a black jumpsuit so I kind of used that as my basis for growing more and more convinced that she was pregnant. Yeah, money certainly does help in situations like this where you can pay for conveniences in places.

If she does a surprise reveal of the sex of the baby on the show with her husband and daughter in tow, I would actually watch the show to get the genuine reactions out of her and her husband as they find out. Tamera Mowry found out live on her talk show and her reaction was adorable.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan said she's barely offended by anything.

LMAOOOOOOOO, y'all... April Fool's Day is too far off for this crap.

And what did Sunny mean by she thought Louis C.K.'s jokes about the Parkland shooting kids were "satirical"? I wish she would've elaborated on that. I listened to it and didn't find anything satirical about it. Did I misunderstand what she was trying to say?

I even said out loud that RBM's comment about not being easily offended was a load of bullshit.

Sunny saying that she thought Louis CK's 'jokes' about the Parkland shooting were satirical kinda shocked me since she has kids around that age. She's said tone deaf stuff like that before but today she kinda shocked me.

• Love 12
Just now, Jaded said:

Sunny saying that she thought Louis CK's 'jokes' about the Parkland shooting were satirical kinda shocked me since she has kids around that age. She's said tone deaf stuff like that before but today she kinda shocked me.

But if he said he supported condoms in high school bathrooms, imagine the horror!!

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And what did Sunny mean by she thought Louis C.K.'s jokes about the Parkland shooting kids were "satirical"? I wish she would've elaborated on that. I listened to it and didn't find anything satirical about it. Did I misunderstand what she was trying to say? off makes me see red, especially as a woman of color. I can't even comment on it right now. 

I am still so offended by Louis CK's behavior (in short, for those who mightn't know, he coerced underlings into watching him masturbate), that I couldn't let myself listen to Sunny. In fact, I still don't know what he said about the Parkland kids, because I just want him to disappear, forever.

1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

If she does a surprise reveal of the sex of the baby on the show with her husband and daughter in tow, I would actually watch the show to get the genuine reactions out of her and her husband as they find out. Tamera Mowry found out live on her talk show and her reaction was adorable.

I'm pretty sure she said they're having twins: a boy and a girl, and her husband fainted at the doctor's office. Am I making that up?

Seriously, ya''ll, this cold has me loopy and I haven't even taken any cold meds today. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Is this the first time Meghan has mentioned that her husband is co-founder of The Federalist on the show?

I remember her mentioning it once in passing. She talks very little about her husband and his career.  Probably because of the not so nice things in his career past.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

I am still so offended by Louis CK's behavior (in short, for those who mightn't know, he coerced underlings into watching him masturbate), that I couldn't let myself listen to Sunny. In fact, I still don't know what he said about the Parkland kids, because I just want him to disappear, forever.

I also just want him to go away. He dug his own grave a long time ago. It's time for him to bow out and fade into obscurity. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

We are to feel sorry for the Hosts having to come in and work the day after New Year 

• False - the every day people have to work at jobs that pay alot less then what you overpaid  hosts make  - I am especially looking at you Elsa, Abby and Whoopi

When did the day after a holiday become a holiday?  Last year I heard someone say Easter Monday.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

Friday, Jan. 4 
Amy Robach (ABC News’ “20/20: The Bobbitts- Love Hurts”)

Can't 20/20 find anything better? What  a waste of time.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If she does a surprise reveal of the sex of the baby on the show with her husband and daughter in tow, I would actually watch the show to get the genuine reactions out of her and her husband as they find out.

She said she's having one of each. 

Happy new year and welcome back, everyone!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

I'm glad Whoopie dropped the "we had to come back to work on a Wednesday" crap since most people have been back to work since December 26th.  And, no surprise that daughter Alex was in the audience and not at a job anywhere.

Very little offends Meghan?  HAHAHAHA!

• Love 21

For once a non Meghan complaint from me. BOOK FUCKING HOO about having to come back to work on a Wednesday...then speak out for the REAL people affected by the shutdown. Most of the real people I know had to actually work right up to the Friday immediately before Christmas if not Christmas eve. They then worked between Christmas and new years as well as new years eve....it all came off as spoiled and out of touch. 

Oh, and whoopi it could have been worse..as a retired math teacher, my former colleagues all had to return to rooms bursting of children/teens. You only have to return to 1 child for only an hour. (Sorry had to get one small MM jab in there..it just did not feel normal otherwise) I think you will survive.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Also, when show first opened, she had lipstick all over the front of her top teeth, no?  Anyone else see it?

How could you miss that big glob of lipstick on her teeth?!

And WTHeck is Whoopi wearing? A wrinkled brown bag?

pixlr_20190102111700430.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 24
36 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And what did Sunny mean by she thought Louis C.K.'s jokes about the Parkland shooting kids were "satirical"? I wish she would've elaborated on that. I listened to it and didn't find anything satirical about it. Did I misunderstand what she was trying to say?

Full disclosure, I did not see the full routine but I did read several quotes from the routine and the references to Parkland and I will say that I do agree with Sunny in my interpretation of the jokes but I won't defend it as C.K's intention because I don't know anything about him outside of his controversies and can't sit here and give him the benefit of the doubt. And admittedly, my interpretation of his comments may have been influenced from reading earlier, unrelated comments online that really resonated with me and it said that when older generations talk about millennials they have one of two faces - either they are spoiled, lazy, superficial and stupid (tide pod challenge, anyone?) and so they say 'you can't take them seriously' but when this same generation is spearheading movements and marches, getting more politically vocal and lending to an increase in younger voices speaking out, they say 'they're young and what do they know?'. So in hearing C.K's jokes, I interpreted it as him pointing out the ridiculousness of society and the relationship between older and younger generations that ultimately, no matter what the younger generation does, there will always be those among the older generation wanting to dismiss them, especially when they don't fall in line.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And whewwww... the incident with the young man getting his dreads chopped off makes me see red, especially as a woman of color. I can't even comment on it right now. 

The thing that bothered me the most was the "white girl" cutting his dreads with such vigor, like she was enjoying it.  I still can't get over it & why no one stepped up for him!!!

• Love 15

Did anyone else think today's show was a hot mess?  

Whoopi's voice,  seemed they all had to drag themselves in to be there,  talking over each other, ticked that they had to come in a day after a holiday. I turned it off early.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

How could you miss it?! And wth is Whoopi wearing? A wrinkled brown bag?

pixlr_20190102111700430.jpg

Oh Whoopi, why???

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

The thing that bothered me the most was the "white girl" cutting his dreads with such vigor, like she was enjoying it.  I still can't get over it & why no one stepped up for him!!!

It just enrages me. That's such a public and horrific violation to suffer. I wonder if people really understand that cutting off someone's hair against their will (and it was against his will. It was cut your hair or forfeit--let down his team--that is giving an athlete no choice) is an assault?

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I also just want him to go away. He dug his own grave a long time ago. It's time for him to bow out and fade into obscurity. 

As a former fan of Louie CK , he just went too low (and he has gone very low before.)

I liked these two tweets about this

Screenshot_20190102-114622.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-114531.jpg

• Love 23

Louis C.K. is a sick POS, but, when I first saw his Parkland piece, I wondered if it was satirical or not. I, honestly, don't know if he was excoriating Congress (we know which ones & the NRA) or the Parkland victims and kids in general. 

ETA
Either way, I'm more disgusted in the audience laughing. If he was taking a dig at the kids, the reaction is deplorable. If he was taking a dig at Congress, a normal reaction would be nodding in agreement or yelling, "Yes."
Maybe I'm missing something. Was there anything before or after that clues us in to his stance/meaning?

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

As a former fan of Louie CK , he just went too low (and he has gone very low before.)

I liked these two tweets about this

Screenshot_20190102-114622.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-114531.jpg

Also this one:

24 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I interpreted it as him pointing out the ridiculousness of society and the relationship between older and younger generations that ultimately, no matter what the younger generation does, there will always be those among the older generation wanting to dismiss them, especially when they don't fall in line.

That’s the argument I’ve heard from those defending his jokes but I don’t understand why he couldn’t come up with a better way to relay that message without including the Parkland shooting.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Nah..not her fault. I saw this on the news. This was his coach, and he asked her to cut it so he wouldn't forfeit the match. The referee was an asshole who wouldn't let him compete if it wasn't cut. (And she had to do it fast or else he still would've gotten eliminated.) Again, he asked her to do it. Poor kid.

Made.me.sick.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

The white girl was the team’s athletic trainer and I saw no joy at all. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

And whewwww... the incident with the young man getting his dreads chopped off makes me see red, especially as a woman of color. I can't even comment on it right now. 

YES THIS ALL CAPS INTENDED!!

satirical? what?

and cutting that young man's hair was hard to watch.  WTF? why didn't someone step in and stop it?

whoopie looked like she was going to harvest cranberries in a wet bog

I used to like C K. He has become unhinged

• Love 13