Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Half Week Thread for 1/2 to 1/4/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan will defend her family no matter what.  Even if they murder someone, Joy asks, yes, says Meghan, mutter mutter, something about her father, because that's how she rolls.  Also, when show first opened, she had lipstick all over the front of her top teeth, no?  Anyone else see it?

P.S. and by the way, Congrats to Abby and I am happy for her and all of that goodliness, but I do not want to hear about babies and pregnancy for the next 6 months.  I don't need to hear about her progress and every ache and pain.  Call me evil or mean or whatever.  But no.  Not interested.

IKA.  Groaned when she made the reveal.  I'm happy for her but don't want to hear about it for the next 6 months. Might I suggest burning that chair after she goes on ML.  It has magical properties lol. Or at least steam clean it hah.  Maybe do an exorcism on it.  I definitely wouldn't want to sit in it and end up preggers!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

She was truly unbearable.  That high pitched-screeching is so obnoxious, and she did it today more than usual.  I don't know why she feels she needs to make her voice go so high.  It comes across as very childish, and I imagine it must have worked for her as a little girl.  On a grown woman, it's unpleasant and ridiculous.

As for Sunny, I was really disappointed that she was so tolerant of what Louis CK said, and yet cried about the wrestler.  I heard the Louis CK thing, and he was completely out-of-bounds, IMO.  He said more than just "Why should we care what the Parkland kids think?"  He mocked survivors, said they "pushed some fat kid" in front of them to save themselves, etc.  I understand that not everyone has the same taste in comedy, but I was appalled when I read exactly what he had said.   It was not only insensitive and hitting below the belt, but it wasn't funny.   One family (the Guttenbergs) not only lost a daughter in the Parkland shooting, but also have a son who was there and survived.  Imagine the agony that this "humor" must be for them.  I don't see how it's "satire".  If that was Louis CK's intent, he certainly didn't make that clear.   It actually makes no difference to me, anyway.  I have no problem with pushing the envelope or being edgy, but I thought this was just childish, lazy comedy.  And not even close to being funny.

I guarantee that if Sunny knew a family that had been impacted by Parkland, she would feel differently.  I've noticed before that her level of compassion is very inconsistent.  I'll leave it at that.

Although I agree that the ref was wrong and I felt very bad for the kid, sunny was disproportionately upset about it vs the parkland comments. Sunny is like Sherri Shepherd like that. Anyone who remotely reminds them of their sons and they get very momma bear. If a boy who reminded her of her son was involved in parkland she would be all over it. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Megs DID reply to Whoops question.  She said "that's not on my card". Ugh, I can not tolerate her.

Meggie was spitting all that info on her blue card off so fast, I didn’t catch it. Ugh.

• Love 8

Thanks for all the input, everyone. It made me decide to skip my recording of the show today. I'd like to start the New Year off on a cheery note, not swearing at the TV because of the shrewish, harpy Meghan McCain. If Ana is on on Friday, I might get up the nerve to watch, but until they get rid of McCain, I feel like I'm flogging myself when I watch The View.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Glad to hear it was his coach, but the wearing gloves part like his hair was contaminated was a little offensive. 

Were they like medical gloves?  Or white gloves?  I didn't see, but it could go both ways.  She might have something communicable.  I kind of see it as   food service workers with the gloves and hair nets etc.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Although I agree that the ref was wrong and I felt very bad for the kid, sunny was disproportionately upset about it vs the parkland comments. Sunny is like Sherri Shepherd like that. Anyone who remotely reminds them of their sons and they get very momma bear. If a boy who reminded her of her son was involved in parkland she would be all over it. 

Exactly!  That's kind-of what I was getting at.  :-)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wouldn't have lipstick on her teeth all the time if she wore some regular lipstick, instead of that gloppy bright gloss.   Lip gloss tends to stay wet and sticky and gets all over everything.  Long hair is a hazard with lip gloss, if the wind blows your hair in your face, you end up with hair stuck to your mouth, and then sticky stuff in your hair.  And it gets all over your teeth.  

Meghan saying she LOVES TWINS seemed weird to me.  Two babies, two individual people, not objects.  I don't know what she meant by saying that she LOVES twins.   Except to make it all about herself.  

Whoopie looked like she was wearing something from a movie - like an Amish dress, or something a servant would wear.  

The discussion of Louis CK - I liked Joy's comments (almost lost by the fact that Meghan talked over everyone today, so that nobody got to complete a sentence).  Joy said successful comics learn to "punch up"  instead of "punch down."  make fun of the people in power, the rich, the politicians, the celebrities, etc., NOT the people who have suffered misfortune, or who are disadvantaged in some way.  Making fun of minorities, LGBTQ, survivors of violence, is mean-spirited.   When Louis CK was accused of sexual abuse, he made a speech expressing regret for his actions and a promise to do better.   

What REALLY bugged me was Meghan talking about Aziz Ansari, and how he still had an audience, was appearing in Las Vegas.

Backstory for those who missed it:    OK, nobody but the two people involved know what really happened.   BUT - if you read the account of the woman accusing Ansari, she talked about being in his apartment, NAKED, and cuddling, performing oral sex on each other, and her giving non-verbal cues that she didn't want to have sex, but that he didn't pick up on the cues.  When she told him the next day she felt violated, he said he was surprised, as she never indicated that she wasn't OK with anything.   this led to a lot of discussions on the meaning of consent, and how men need to ask for verbal consent.    It was very weird to me, because, going to a man's apartment and being naked, then expecting him to pick up on "non-verbal cues"  that you're not into having sex with him?  seems to me the NAKED part is the non-verbal cue that he's going to pay more attention to than your lack of enthusiasm.  

Anyway, it seemed that Meghan was, as she has done before, throwing Ansari's name out there because he is politically liberal, and equating his behavior with that of others - in this case Louis CK.   It is not the same.   Not even close.  

Excuse me, I'm old, but how in hell would a man pick up on non-verbal cues when they're doing MUTUAL oral sex!!???  Just asking???

• Love 21
34 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Excuse me, I'm old, but how in hell would a man pick up on non-verbal cues when they're doing MUTUAL oral sex!!???  Just asking???

I'm old too, and have been married a long time.  Maybe the rules have changed, and women have to give verbal agreement to sex?    But it seems to me, if I'm on a date with you, and then in your home, kissing you,  and we both have our pants  off,  consent is implied.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Umm, Meghan, are there people who don't like twins??

I don't like creepy little girl twins standing at the end of a hallway in a deserted haunted house.

Any other twins are fine. 🙃

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wouldn't have lipstick on her teeth all the time if she wore some regular lipstick, instead of that gloppy bright gloss.   Lip gloss tends to stay wet and sticky and gets all over everything.  Long hair is a hazard with lip gloss, if the wind blows your hair in your face, you end up with hair stuck to your mouth, and then sticky stuff in your hair.  And it gets all over your teeth.  

Meghan saying she LOVES TWINS seemed weird to me.  Two babies, two individual people, not objects.  I don't know what she meant by saying that she LOVES twins.   Except to make it all about herself.  

Whoopie looked like she was wearing something from a movie - like an Amish dress, or something a servant would wear.  

The discussion of Louis CK - I liked Joy's comments (almost lost by the fact that Meghan talked over everyone today, so that nobody got to complete a sentence).  Joy said successful comics learn to "punch up"  instead of "punch down."  make fun of the people in power, the rich, the politicians, the celebrities, etc., NOT the people who have suffered misfortune, or who are disadvantaged in some way.  Making fun of minorities, LGBTQ, survivors of violence, is mean-spirited.   When Louis CK was accused of sexual abuse, he made a speech expressing regret for his actions and a promise to do better.   

What REALLY bugged me was Meghan talking about Aziz Ansari, and how he still had an audience, was appearing in Las Vegas.

Backstory for those who missed it:    OK, nobody but the two people involved know what really happened.   BUT - if you read the account of the woman accusing Ansari, she talked about being in his apartment, NAKED, and cuddling, performing oral sex on each other, and her giving non-verbal cues that she didn't want to have sex, but that he didn't pick up on the cues.  When she told him the next day she felt violated, he said he was surprised, as she never indicated that she wasn't OK with anything.   this led to a lot of discussions on the meaning of consent, and how men need to ask for verbal consent.    It was very weird to me, because, going to a man's apartment and being naked, then expecting him to pick up on "non-verbal cues"  that you're not into having sex with him?  seems to me the NAKED part is the non-verbal cue that he's going to pay more attention to than your lack of enthusiasm.  

Anyway, it seemed that Meghan was, as she has done before, throwing Ansari's name out there because he is politically liberal, and equating his behavior with that of others - in this case Louis CK.   It is not the same.   Not even close.  

I didn't watch the show (and I don't plan on it) but here's why your summary of Meghan's comments and comparison of C.K. and Ansari is really interesting to me:

November 10, 2017 - Joy was heated about this and Meghan was in line with everything her cast members said and even described the situation as said because she had met Louis and genuinely liked him and she also addressed the fact that these women had their power removed and subjected to his indecency. Not a single word uttered in defense or what could be insinuated as defense of C.K.'s behaviour.

January 16, 2018 - Meghan did not consider Grace's story to be part of the #metoo movement and didn't believe that there was any use of power or force by Ansari over Grace. She repeatedly said she's not trying to shame Grace and that was because she wanted to convey that while Grace may have felt uncomfortable, she didn't establish boundaries and relied on non-verbal cues to express her discomfort meanwhile her physical reaction was to engage with intimate interaction.

There was zero reason for her to bring up Ansari. I get that outside of C.K., perhaps no other comedian was put in the spotlight the way Ansari was but if the situations aren't even remotely close then you should have some sense to not reference the name and infer that there's a relevant comparison to make. I don't know if it was her trying to target a liberal...it could just be because she says a lot of stupid things and makes a lot of stupid analogies and this may just be one of them.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

That and she's talking or trying to talk over everyone and making smart ass comments to the audience. I thought I'd try to watch today and Meghan is reminding me why I basically quit watching....

Lately I have been falling sleep while watching the show - today included.  Finally decided  Meghan is one of the reasons.   Between her squeaky and screaming voice, she says nothing of interest to me.  

• Love 7

Joy brought up the survey that revealed that 70% of people in one poll (dear Abby or Ann Landers)  said that they regretted having children.   SO they all talk about it as though this were something meaningful.   Hold up, ladies!  this was a survey done in the 1970's!  so, women who gave birth to their kids in the 50's, and 60's,  saying that if they could do it over, they would not have had kids.  Women at that time didn't have access to higher education, to higher paying jobs, most didn't own cars.    Women had few choices back then, and the expectation was to get engaged right out of high school, get married as soon as possible and start making babies.  Oh, and there was no access to birth control, so they just kept on having babies!  a house full of kids, a husband who came home from work expecting a martini to be handed to him, dinner cooking in the oven.  women did all he housework, laundry, cooking and childcare, had no power to make decisions about anything.  

So, yeah, a "housewife" in the 70's  who had 6 kids before age 30 might say she regretted the life she chose, because it was the only choice she had.    that has no bearing on women of today who can go to college, have careers, choose to have  children if and when they want to.   I have no idea why they would even talk about this survey as though it reflected anything other than that 40 years ago a lot of women  thought their lives sucked.  

• Love 16
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Joy brought up the survey that revealed that 70% of people in one poll (dear Abby or Ann Landers)  said that they regretted having children.   SO they all talk about it as though this were something meaningful.   Hold up, ladies!  this was a survey done in the 1970's!  so, women who gave birth to their kids in the 50's, and 60's,  saying that if they could do it over, they would not have had kids.  Women at that time didn't have access to higher education, to higher paying jobs, most didn't own cars.    Women had few choices back then, and the expectation was to get engaged right out of high school, get married as soon as possible and start making babies.  Oh, and there was no access to birth control, so they just kept on having babies!  a house full of kids, a husband who came home from work expecting a martini to be handed to him, dinner cooking in the oven.  women did all he housework, laundry, cooking and childcare, had no power to make decisions about anything.  

So, yeah, a "housewife" in the 70's  who had 6 kids before age 30 might say she regretted the life she chose, because it was the only choice she had.    that has no bearing on women of today who can go to college, have careers, choose to have  children if and when they want to.   I have no idea why they would even talk about this survey as though it reflected anything other than that 40 years ago a lot of women  thought their lives sucked.  

As much as I like joy she does often seem to still think it’s 1970-1990 with her cultural references.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When did the day after a holiday become a holiday?  Last year I heard someone say Easter Monday.

A very large percentage of people get the week off between Christmas and New Years and many are also off all of this week and don’t go back until the 7th. So I do get what they are complaining about. However, it’s hard to feel sorry for them as they brag about flying in late from vacations in Mexico or Las Vegas. Poor Sunny and Meghan. I would sure like to have that as one of my problems.

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

With this, I yelled 'FUCK YOU SUNNY, YOU STUPID TWAT!' when she got all 'emotional' over the young man who had to get his hair cut.  Thankfully, he still gets to live, the Parkland students don't.  Would she have said such stupidity if it had been one of her kids?!  For once I was on Abby's side when she responded.

Yeah. Sunny rarely makes sense to me and usually bases her opinions on emotion rather than on facts. At least she was honest by saying that she is easily offended. I give her props for that.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

A very large percentage of people get the week off between Christmas and New Years and many are also off all of this week and don’t go back until the 7th. So I do get what they are complaining about. However, it’s hard to feel sorry for them as they brag about flying in late from vacations in Mexico or Las Vegas. Poor Sunny and Meghan. I would sure like to have that as one of my problems.

I would be willing to bet that those in that percentage group had to take personal leave to get those consecutive days off. Relatively speaking, only a very few industries close for the 2 weeks and by default, their employees also get that time off. Most industries are open for business in between Christmas Day and New Years Day (banks, retail, health, governments, etc.). The topic is definitely a relatable one to the average person but it rings a bit hollow when it's coming from a group of women who not only had the luxury of an extended holidays without having to use any of their vacation leave and likely didn't have to lose any pay over it (and even if they did, their job compensates them in a way the average person's job does not).

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I would be willing to bet that those in that percentage group had to take personal leave to get those consecutive days off. Relatively speaking, only a very few industries close for the 2 weeks and by default, their employees also get that time off. Most industries are open for business in between Christmas Day and New Years Day (banks, retail, health, governments, etc.). The topic is definitely a relatable one to the average person but it rings a bit hollow when it's coming from a group of women who not only had the luxury of an extended holidays without having to use any of their vacation leave and likely didn't have to lose any pay over it (and even if they did, their job compensates them in a way the average person's job does not).

I honestly can only think of two groups of industries that have a two week Christmas vacation.  Schools and show business.  Although a lot of show business still works.  Broadway being an example.  Whoopi came across as spoiled with her rant.  And WTF was that about when she said black people start celebrating NYE on a Monday and it lasts the whole week?

• Love 12

I am effing disgusted. MM interrupts everyone. Then Sunny tries to speak and MM interrupts her and Whoopi goes to break and Sunny gets to say nothing in rebuttal to MM. This happens over and over.

I wish someone would SCREAM "I AM STILL TALKING" at mm. damn

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I'm still talking

Joy: I'm looking at my watch

Meghan: Okay I'll stop talking

Joy: *laughs*

lmaoooooo what happened to Meghan "I'm barely offended by anything" McCain? 

Oh, how I wish someone from here was in the studio today!  After that conversation, as they went to the commercial break, you could see Joy and Meghan still arguing.  Dying to know what was said!  

• Love 16
Just now, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan brought up a story about an undocumented immigrant who killed someone and when Sunny decides to rebut this about demonizing immigrants, they go to break and come back to a topic about not lumping Republicans with Trump.

That doesn't sit right with me. If Whoopi goes to break (she should be home since she sounds horrible) then they should come back and discuss the topic that they stopped. They use to. I mean, I remember that they did that before, right? So why are they not able to do it again here. Let Sunny finish her point and then change the topic. If it becomes emotional or whatever, then isn't that what the higher ups want?

thank you YES. Sunny gets shut down a lot

It is not only undocumented folks who are killing people. 

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I'm still talking

Joy: I'm looking at my watch

Meghan: Okay I'll stop talking

Joy: *laughs*

lmaoooooo what happened to Meghan "I'm barely offended by anything" McCain? 

Just another example of Megs not getting offended easily! 🤣

• Love 16
14 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I'm not watching this shit fest any more but I am hanging out with you all. 

I'm not watching anymore either, but still hang out here as well.  It was easy to quit watching, but harder to quit reading. Probably because everyone here is likable!

59 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Relatively speaking, only a very few industries close for the 2 weeks and by default, their employees also get that time off. 

The only companies I know of that close around here over Christmas is home reno companies, because most people don't want their homes under construction at that time. But they go back to work on Jan 2nd. 

13 hours ago, Tammee said:

Might I suggest burning that chair after she goes on ML.  It has magical properties lol. Or at least steam clean it hah.  Maybe do an exorcism on it.  I definitely wouldn't want to sit in it and end up preggers!

Had to do a little Googling to understand the above, but I now see that Sara's pregnant again. Congrats to her!   About the chair, a similar thing happened at my sister's work. People who replaced the new mom on maternity leave kept getting pregnant.  I think they *did* eventually get rid of the chair. LOL.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

If we have a 2008 kind of turnout, the rustbelt voters won't matter.  I'm so tired of hearing about them, I'm tired of hearing that we must respect them and figure out how to move them...like, what about EVERYONE ELSE?  Do we not matter?  

Ugh MM gives me a headache. 

Amen! I wish that people would remember that we are the majority. Plus, not everybody in the rust belt is Conservative. Plus, the largest bloc of voters in this country are those who are eligible to vote and choose not to.  

Megan is still a nasty uninformed brat and I did not appreciate her demonizing immigrants. Evil come in all colors.  Being a White woman, Megan is more likely to be a victim of a crime perpetuated by another white person and not a brown or black immigrant. 

Abby is very aggressive today.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good lord, both Meghan and Abby are driving me nuts today. 1SimonMom hit all the lowlights. Obnoxious twits. 

This is why I had to change the channel. Meghan and Abby were driving me up the freakin' wall.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I never liked abby (ah-bee) and hate MM. I will be going to hell but I hope I dont have to hear about pregnancy for the next 6 months. 

But Abby is still miles better than MM. Her disagreements don't feel like attacks and even when she is trying to defend Tucker Carlson, she is still nice about it and listens. She's similar to Paula in that sense that they could come out and say some messed up stuff, but still get along and not ruin conversations.

With MM.....every conversation is a void and she looks miserable right now. She's tone down, which is great, but she is also feels like a fish out of water right now.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

It’s laughable that Meghan considers herself a political analyst .  Sitting there with a scowl on your face does not make you look smart!  If she is, I am!  And what was she trying to say to Joy, something about if Abby is a Trump supporter, “do you want to railroad her -“ off the show?  Did anyone catch that?  

I caught that,  Megan has a slick mouth. She did not like how Joy was questioning Abby about why she supports the President. It was very friendly and chill on Joy's part.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

It’s laughable that Meghan considers herself a political analyst .  Sitting there with a scowl on your face does not make you look smart!  If she is, I am!  And what was she trying to say to Joy, something about if Abby is a Trump supporter, “do you want to railroad her -“ off the show?  Did anyone catch that?  

i caught it

• Love 10

Today has been a good show, surprisingly. I think the only reason that happened is because McCain blew up like a balloon after Sunny gave her bitchiness right back to her in the first segment. Then McCain shut up for most of it which allowed the rest of the women (including Abby) to have an actual conversation like adults--without the screaming and temper tantrums. How nice it would be to have this show everyday again. Only one co-host is holding the entire show back.

• Love 15