Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Half Week Thread for 1/2 to 1/4/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎03 at 11:46 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie's amazing command of the English language:  Blah, blah, blah, Abby & I subsist very well together.  Gawd!!!

I thought Abby & Meghan were good friends, not subsisters.

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, GOMAVS41 said:

She’s the angriest person on TV. I’m so sick of her interrupting everyone, but then snapping when someone does it to her. She’s the worst.

What is worse than 'the worst'?   Because that what NutMeg is.  She worster.  Worstest. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, bannana said:

Meggie's husband's co-worker, who sadly died at a very young age, but who is not known to most viewers, got more coverage than Penny Marshall's death.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.  A journalist who worked with Meghan's husband died.   That's sad, but most of the audience never heard of her.    
Penny Marshall was and actor and director, and we all knew her.     

• Love 22
21 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

She just thought that Ann Coulter line so funny, she just had to keep saying it! And Joy is right. Coulter, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are all just bad comics. Unfortunately, Trump is their biggest fanboy. Stephen Colbert is a genius for taking the piss out of these people for years. 

Didn't both Meg and Abby say Ocasio-Cortez didn't know the 3 branches of Government? That's a blatant lie. They should be forced to apologize for that. 

I did love Meg trying--yet again--to get a shout out for Dan Crenshaw (because wounded veteran, y'know), and failing to get a response from the audience. 

Meghan mentioned the three branches of government, while Abby mentioned that Ocasio-Cortez has a lot of big plans but hasn't really explained how she's going to accomplish them.

This kind of goes back to a point I made earlier about Meghan agreeing with Abby on everything even though they kind of view things differently. It makes it seem like Abby and Meghan are one person, when they're not. Meghan has said "I agree with Abby" and then launched into a meltdown before, even though Abby's point was different. Abby has many flaws, as do all of the women, and she may agree with Trump on a lot of things while not showing it on the show. But I think Meghan is trying to put the two of them together so Meghan doesn't get as much heat as before. She can say, "People hate me even when Abby agrees with me."

I'm reading in too much with it, but it's something I've noticed.

19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Definite hypocrisy.  If you watched/read Game Change, you know "fuck" was one of John McCain's favorite words.  Hopefully I haven't violated the rule.  The topic was a politician who cursed, so it feels right.

Doesn't Lindsay Graham swear on TV a lot?

He recently said bullshit as well on TV just recently. I hope it's not off topic, but a certain someone said the c word towards his wife while on the campaign trail before as well. I believe the quote was, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." Not to mention that the President called African countries shit holes and used others. All three of them are Republicans and it's apparently okay to curse if you're part of that side, but if you're a Democrat then you can't say anything?

I don't get their logic. I'm glad Joy was the only one commenting back about the hypocrisy.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The panel pissed me off with their moral outrage over that Democratic congresswoman using bad language. Why do Democrats always have to be nice, what the hell has that gotten us?  Joy was actually rolling her eyes at the snowflakes, I was doing the same.. I am really tired of the hypocrisy and double standards.. 

I hear you. I was sitting in the car waiting for my husband.  I started to watch the clip and busted out laughing,  as my husband got into the car ,he said you're having a good time 😁.  yep sure am. Showed him the clip and we were both 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 5

I am enjoying the hell out of all your hypocrisy comments.  It's so infuriating.  I half-watched the show today, but every time I glanced up Megs was scowling and frowning and then that squealing kazoo voice of hers would make my ears bleed, so mute.   I cannot be the only one doing this, and it can't possibly be good for the show's ratings when so many people tune out because they Just.Can't.Stand.It. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She wanted to make a difference and be an example to her children, when you see something is wrong in your community, you do something to change it.  So what! if she used colorful language at a party for her.. 

Some highly religious people (my dh) think swearing is a terrible sin.

I fucking don't. So what, who cares? 

What about separation of church and state?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 15

I love Ana on the show, but I remember the Ana I didn't like on Bill Maher's show.  If Ana starts strongly pushing Romney, I may start disliking her again.  I kinda sorta liked Meghan and Abby pushing back on the Romney love.  Having said that, I find Abby disingenuous in her attacks on Romney without mentioning her own father has personal beef with Romney regarding the Utah Olympics, and his endorsement of McCain over Romney in their presidential bid.  She's biased in her opinion, very much like Meghan is always biased in her own.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I really don't see how Meghan can keep her job much longer. On Twitter the comments are 100 percent against her and ABC is tagged in all of them. So, they know. Maybe that's one of the reasons she is so angry, besides just being as surly bitch.

I think ABC loves all the twitter activity. Means people are watching and making the effort to complain.  All good.  

• Love 18

When NutMeg was ragging on Ocasia-Cortez, Sunny noted that she was just elected a Congresswoman, suggesting she is doing something right, and NutMeg without looking at Sunny or pausing to take a breath said, I am still speaking.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I find Abby disingenuous in her attacks on Romney without mentioning her own father has personal beef with Romney regarding the Utah Olympics, and his endorsement of McCain over Romney in their presidential bid.  She's biased in her opinion, very much like Meghan is always biased in her own.

It is very obvious that both of them have personal issues with Romney that have little to do with his flip flopping or form shifting ways.  Which seems to be their only criticism.  Not a Romney fan at all, but his political moves and motives are not different than any other politician.   

On a lighter note, Sunny's hair was beautiful today.   The wardrobe department there sucks, but the makeup and hair department does a really good job (on most days)

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

When NutMeg was ragging on Ocasia-Cortez, Sunny noted that she was just elected a Congresswoman, suggesting she is doing something right, and NutMeg without looking at Sunny or pausing to take a breath said, I am still speaking.

That was actually funny.  No raising her voice...just a few extra words added to her sentence.  Maybe she wants to claim she DID NOT SAY THAT!

In other news, Abby continues to be feisty...but gets embarrassed when she has to back down.   Coaching as progressing as expected.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think ABC loves all the twitter activity. Means people are watching and making the effort to complain.  All good.  

It's the old Geddie "Make Sparks" theory, still goin' strong.   I've decided Meghan will outlast me/many of us.  No one cares:  The View, their sponsors, etc.

4 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

Didn't both Meg and Abby say Ocasio-Cortez didn't know the 3 branches of Government? That's a blatant lie. They should be forced to apologize for that. 

...and we know THAT will never happen, although I do expect Ocasio-Cortez to bring it up if she's on the show again.   Our President doesn't know there are any branches of government other than his newly created emperor branch.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, BradleyK said:

At the risk of sounding slightly stupid,one slight thing she said that left me confused (With me still adapting to the american lingo,i might of got the compelty wrong end of the stick) During i think it was Wednesdays show she said she was from a border state,before later also saying she was from Middle America....now coming from england to me i would think of a border state is a similar thing to a border county,so would be next to another country (so in England,we have Cheshire on the border with Wales,Northumberland on the border with Scotland) whilst Middle America to me,simply sounds like the middle of the country surrounded by other states....so my question is how the hell can a border state be in the middle of the country?! ,is it MM talking out of her backside or am i completly thinking of it the wrong way. Sorry if its a simple answer & i`ve just confused myself

No, Bradley, you are correct. Meghan for so long has spoken for red, middle of the country states that she forgets that she wasn't born or raised there. Arizona is indeed a border state, not midwestern. (And it's getting bluer with every election.)

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, bannana said:

I missed that, but Sunny and Meghan both avoid eye contact when they disagree.  It's like a table of children.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No, Bradley, you are correct. Meghan for so long has spoken for red, middle of the country states that she forgets that she wasn't born or raised there. Arizona is indeed a border state, not midwestern. (And it's getting bluer with every election.)

Thank you for clarifying, it was playing on my mind watching the other 2 episodes after she said that in the 1st!

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Some highly religious people (my dh) think swearing is a terrible sin.

The way I look at it, there are things like taking the Lord's name in vain (which is prohibited in the Ten Commandments) and then there's good old-fashioned profanities, like the one the new Congresswoman used. I try to stick to profanities. ;-) 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

The way I look at it, there are things like taking the Lord's name in vain (which is prohibited in the Ten Commandments) and then there's good old-fashioned profanities, like the one the new Congresswoman used. I try to stick to profanities. ;-) 

See..I swear like a sailor, but I don't dis his God, and he still gets mad.

I even always write OMGosh instead OMG, because I was raised religious too, and it still make me feel squidgy.

But again, if I wanted to take the Lord's name in vain..my choice..because we are supposed to have separation of church and state ...DAMMIT.  (not aimed at you)

That's what really chaps my hide about the whole thing.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7

Joy looked fabulous today. Everyone did (except Abby - she has gorgeous hair (if at times distractingly shiny) and it doesn't look good pulled behind her ears). But they all looked really nice today: clothes, makeup, and hair!

• Love 6

I also swear like a sailor.   If I type the letter f my phone thinks I want to type fuck.  Do I think politicians should be saying motherfucker while Congress is having a session?  No. But this Congresswoman was meeting privately with supporters or staff right?  Meghan is trying to portray herself as some puritanical pearl clutching conservative.   Does she think we all forgot she wrote a book with the word sex in the title?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

It's the old Geddie "Make Sparks" theory, still goin' strong.   I've decided Meghan will outlast me/many of us.  No one cares:  The View, their sponsors, etc.

...and we know THAT will never happen, although I do expect Ocasio-Cortez to bring it up if she's on the show again.   Our President doesn't know there are any branches of government other than his newly created emperor branch.

Imagine if Geddie returned. It would be like the 4th of July or New Year's Eve. 

• Love 3

When I hear/read mf'er, I remember (& laugh) about Blake saying he loved Shakira (sp?) on one of those talent shows because she used "juxtapose" & "motherfucker" in the same sentence.  I think mf'er is a private swear, but it was funny when she said it!!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The panel pissed me off with their moral outrage over that Democratic congresswoman using bad language. Why do Democrats always have to be nice, what the hell has that gotten us?  Joy was actually rolling her eyes at the snowflakes, I was doing the same.. I am really tired of the hypocrisy and double standards.. 

It's not about the language. The Democrats (Congress) are furious because Tlaib gave the Republicans a talking point to confirm what they've been saying all along -- that the Dems are playing politics with impeachment and that's what they're really after.  This soundbite and the sentiment will be used against the Dems and Mueller to energize the Reps' base. Pelosi & Schumer have been very careful and tactical about when & if they will seek impeachment. They just came in to balance power, right some wrongs and show that they are the party to rely on in the next election. Since I no longer watch the show, I don't know if the panel missed the whole point about, not only what was said, but how it was said. What Tlaib did was, in my opinion, incredibly stupid and selfish. People voted these Dems in because they're sick of the clusterfuck and abnormality that's been going on and because the Dems are above the language, etc. People want normalcy back. Decorum is part of it. You can be tough as nails and be cool as a cucumber - Pelosi is an iron hand in a velvet glove. She's playing the game, this time, as it should be played. The Dems were on the offensive. This declaration, needlessly, put them on the defensive. 

I'm sorry if I'm rambling. I'm tired. Anyway, the time for Tlaib to have said what she did was before she was elected, not now-- she's derailing the party's message. They're waiting for Mueller's reports and other incontrovertible evidence. Then they will proceed.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I even always write OMGosh instead OMG, because I was raised religious too, and it still make me feel squidgy.

I have a friend who still says "sugar!" when we all know what she means. My mother (born in 1916) told me that they were barely allowed to say, "Cheese and Crackers," but everyone knew they were saying "bad words."  For me an expletive is an expletive...and we should be able to say any of them we choose...or create. Live and let live.  Taking the Lord's name in vain (and that requires explanation) is a problem only for those who believe in Him.   The Word of HaaCHOO!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, cathaireverywhere said:

I'm clearing out my DVR and just got to hear that per Abby, there's "an astigmatism towards people who don't want to have kids."  I don't want to have kids, so I'm wondering if Lasik will clear that right up for me.

I forgot about this one.  I heard it too...and had closed-caption on.  They gave her a break and showed "stigma."

3 hours ago, cathaireverywhere said:

It feels like Abby was brought aboard to convince us that Megan isn't the shrill and obnoxious harpy that she shows herself to be everyday.  Megan McCain is literally the worst.  The GD worst.

And Abby's coaches are trying their best to move her to the Meghan crockpot.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

It's not about the language. The Democrats (Congress) are furious because Tlaib gave the Republicans a talking point to confirm what they've been saying all along -- that the Dems are playing politics with impeachment and that's what they're really after.  This soundbite and the sentiment will be used against the Dems and Mueller to energize the Reps' base. Pelosi & Schumer have been very careful and tactical about when & if they will seek impeachment. They just came in to balance power, right some wrongs and show that they are the party to rely on in the next election. Since I no longer watch the show, I don't know if the panel missed the whole point about, not only what was said, but how it was said. What Tlaib did was, in my opinion, incredibly stupid and selfish. People voted these Dems in because they're sick of the clusterfuck and abnormality that's been going on and because the Dems are above the language, etc. People want normalcy back. Decorum is part of it. You can be tough as nails and be cool as a cucumber - Pelosi is an iron hand in a velvet glove. She's playing the game, this time, as it should be played. The Dems were on the offensive. This declaration, needlessly, put them on the defensive. 

I'm sorry if I'm rambling. I'm tired. Anyway, the time for Tlaib to have said what she did was before she was elected, not now-- she's derailing the party's message. They're waiting for Mueller's reports and other incontrovertible evidence. Then they will proceed.

I understand what you are saying, but, I am really tired of the Dems constantly trying  hard to not piss off the right and risking their disapproval. Enough!  They will always find something to say or invent to trash Democrats and their policies. Look at how Megan spreads lies and half-truths about Ocasio-Cortez every chance she gets. Megan knows nothing about her, but, says her talking points meant to defame and demean her. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Definite hypocrisy.  If you watched/read Game Change, you know "fuck" was one of John McCain's favorite words.  Hopefully I haven't violated the rule.  The topic was a politician who cursed, so it feels right.

Forget john McCain,  meghan's twitter page used to have "fuck cancer " all over it.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand what you are saying, but, I am really tired of the Dems constantly trying  hard to not piss off the right and risking their disapproval. Enough!  They will always find something to say or invent to trash Democrats and their policies. Look at how Megan spreads lies and half-truths about Ocasio-Cortez every chance she gets. Megan knows nothing about her, but, says her talking points meant to defame and demean her. 

I agree about the Dems having been too timid in the past. But, I don't think this is about demurring or not pissing off the Right. I think that ship sailed in November of 2016. Dems aren't afraid anymore. They're just more methodical and savvy in what they're doing right now (I hope ☺). It's not about the Right's disapproval. It's about winning over the Independents, the Undecideds and those who sit out elections. 

ETA

I think I have to stop because I'm veering off of the main topic of the show at this point

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I agree about the Dems having been too timid in the past. But, I don't think this is about demurring or not pissing off the Right. I think that ship sailed in November of 2016. Dems aren't afraid anymore. They're just more methodical and savvy in what they're doing right now (I hope ☺). It's not about the Right's disapproval. It's about winning over the Independents, the Undecideds and those who sit out elections. 

ETA

I think I have to stop because I'm veering off of the main topic of the show at this point

I get your point and you are right we need to be careful not to veer off topic..

• Love 2
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Exactly! Look how long Bitsy lasted.

• Love 4

Just caught up on Hulu.  Did MM say she knows the middle of the country because she is from the middle of the country?  Arizona, in my mind, is in the south west and would be comparable more with Texas than the midwest.

• Love 7
On 1/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, ChiCricket said:

How could you miss that big glob of lipstick on her teeth?!

And WTHeck is Whoopi wearing? A wrinkled brown bag?

pixlr_20190102111700430.jpg

Maybe Whoopi was heading off to a children's theatre production of The Paper Bag Princess after the show!

"a dragon arrives who destroys her castle, kidnaps Ronald, and burns all her clothes, so she must look for something to wear, and her only option is a paper bag"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Just caught up on Hulu.  Did MM say she knows the middle of the country because she is from the middle of the country?  Arizona, in my mind, is in the south west and would be comparable more with Texas than the midwest.

She has said Arizona is the middle of the country several times.  Maybe we should send her a map.

And her continually stereotyping of people who do live in the middle of the country as Republican conservatives annoys the fuck out of me.  For someone who identifies herself as a political analyst she is clueless.  Demographics are changing and the Democrats won quite a few seats in the midterms.  And has been mentioned on this very board her beloved Arizona is turning blue.   She needs to just shut up and watch the Real Housewives.

• Love 21