Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I would love to see "Chicago" cast with all the NY housewives except Luann.

Luann and Kelly Bensimon can go on the road with "Systematic Bullying On Ice".

The pirate can drive the Zamboni

Oh, my gosh! You are hilarious!!! Thank you for making me laugh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I just started watching The Masked Singer.  Haven’t really caught on to the whole clue thing yet.  Anyhow last night one of the judges guessed one of the singers (as you can see I paid really close attention. 🙄) was Kandi Buress.   

Kandi can sing but I laughed when I heard that.  My immediate thought was ‘Will LuLu be working it to get on Season 3? 😁 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

NY Times writer weighs in on Luann de Lesseps’ misleading ‘review’ on cabaret poster

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/23/reviewer-talks-luann-de-lesseps-license-with-review-of-her-cabaret-show/

Last week, we reported that Luann de Lesseps claimed the New York Times called her cabaret show “inspiring,” when in fact the paper noted in a profilethat the show sold out fast, “inspiring” her to add a second date.

Rachel Dodes, who wrote the Times story, told us, “I’d say that Luann’s creative license is inspiring, though not as inspiring as her commitment to the performing arts.”

Meanwhile, the reality star continues to flaunt her relationship with Gersh agent Rich Super following a Page Six report that they were back together but “hesitant to call themselves a couple.” They were just spotted at Nerai and celebrating his birthday at House of Blues New Orleans.

Edited by divsc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

That's.... kind of sad and typical and also hilarious.

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/17/luann-de-lesseps-includes-misleading-reviews-on-cabaret-poster/

An online ad for Luann de Lesseps’ cabaret show, “Countess and Friends,” includes a quote from a glowing review in the New York Times. Or so it seems.

Journalist Anna Peele tweeted on Wednesday that she was surprised to see that the Gray Lady had called the show “inspiring,” so she checked out the review.

Turns out that the full quote — which was in a profileof the “Real Housewives” star, not even a review — reads, “Tickets to the first performance of #CountessandFriends went on sale on Dec. 10, and quickly sold out, inspiring Ms. de Lesseps to add a second date, which sold out within 24 hours.” 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In fairness to Luann, I seriously doubt that she insists on editorial control over her marketing/advertising materials.  Some over handsomely paid publicist's third assistant likely wrote the ad copy.

Who knows.  When we hire artists most want to see the ads before you are allowed to run them.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Who knows.  When we hire artists most want to see the ads before you are allowed to run them.

I mean, I think whoever wrote that did a great job. Like one of the twitter comments said, it was very on brand! 😁

• LOL 3

This “inspiring” matter reminds me of the movie poster spoofs I saw as a kid (can’t remember if they were in Mad Magazine, or on some TV show, or what). The poster would say something like “Stupendous!”—New York Times, and the real quote would be something like “This movie was a stupendous waste of time, money, and craft services!”

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I think it was a real thing in the late 90s, too. I think there was an article about people doing it back then by EW, if I remember correctly.

The often pay for reviews and than write who wrote the review in really tiny letters. I forget his name but there was a critic who literally gave positive reviews of every movie so was frequently quoted and you knew if he was quoted the movie sucked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, divsc said:

NY Times writer weighs in on Luann de Lesseps’ misleading ‘review’ on cabaret poster

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/23/reviewer-talks-luann-de-lesseps-license-with-review-of-her-cabaret-show/

Last week, we reported that Luann de Lesseps claimed the New York Times called her cabaret show “inspiring,” when in fact the paper noted in a profilethat the show sold out fast, “inspiring” her to add a second date.

Rachel Dodes, who wrote the Times story, told us, “I’d say that Luann’s creative license is inspiring, though not as inspiring as her commitment to the performing arts.”

Does this remind anyone else of that Far Side cartoon (please know that, while it makes me laugh, I love, cherish and respect dogs with all my heart and soul): 

What we say (to our beloved dogs): Okay, Ginger! I’ve had it! Stay out of the garbage, Ginger! Do you understand me, Ginger? Stay out of the garbage!

What they hear: Blah blah Ginger! Blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah Ginger! Blah blah blah Ginger? Blah blah blah blah!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Does this remind anyone else of that Far Side cartoon (please know that, while it makes me laugh, I love, cherish and respect dogs with all my heart and soul): 

What we say: Okay, Ginger! I’ve had it! Stay out of the garbage, Ginger! Do you understand me, Ginger? Stay out of the garbage!

What they hear: Blah blah Ginger! Blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah Ginger! Blah blah blah Ginger? Blah blah blah blah!

I frequently tell my family, 'When I talk it's like all you hear is 'blah blah blah Ginger'" and they have zero clue what I'm talking about so thank you for making me feel recognized on a Sunday afternoon.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I frequently tell my family, 'When I talk it's like all you hear is 'blah blah blah Ginger'" and they have zero clue what I'm talking about so thank you for making me feel recognized on a Sunday afternoon.

Oh, you’re a very fun parent!!! (Have you ever shown them the cartoon?)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What we say (to our beloved dogs): Okay, Ginger! I’ve had it! Stay out of the garbage, Ginger! Do you understand me, Ginger? Stay out of the garbage!

10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I, too, quote this all the time 🤣

My guess is that some of the RH’s minds work this way too. BLAH BLAH BLAH LuAnn BLAH BLAH Cabaret Star BLAH BLAH BLAH

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Um the person dressed like her might have handcuffs on but the other two have full on smeared clown makeup and look like shit which I think had more to do with why she reposted this photo than laughing at herself.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Um the person dressed like her might have handcuffs on but the other two have full on smeared clown makeup and look like shit which I think had more to do with why she reposted this photo than laughing at herself.

Assuming the Erika imposter's hand is strategically covering the danglers.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Lu looked great tonight on WWHL special. (( Check it out. All Bravo cast as guests) New hairstyle big improvement. For some reason Tinsley kept yelling Now she can drink!! She said it several times! WTH?

I haven’t been reading lately. 

Pregnacy scare? 

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I just hope we aren't subjected to 50-11 performances next season.

If I were the other women I would have had it written into my contract that they were only going to one cabaret related event.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 1/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

What could go wrong? (tbh, I don't believe she was really sober in the AA sense, for more than a few days at a time).  Also, is the "driver's seat" the right metaphor to use here?  lol  Oh Lu.

Oh my, LuAnn.  You didn't learn a thing from AA, did you!  I think that we all pretty much knew that she was just biding her time until she could raise a glass again.  I don't see this ending well, but hey, good luck with that decision, LuAnn.  I hope for her sake and the well-being of those around her that she doesn't fall off the wagon (or into the bushes). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Her drinking is her business. Until she has another episode on RHoNY or ends up in jail again. She made it clear to me that she didn't think she had a problem. It's no surprise.

I seriously imagine she popped the cork on a bottle of champagne the minute her probation ended!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Luann de Lesseps leaked drinking admission to People to dodge other outlets

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02/luann-de-lesseps-leaked-drinking-admission-to-people-to-dodge-other-outlets/

Luann de Lesseps announced to People magazine Thursday that she’s “drinking responsibly again” now that she’s completed her probation.

But while the story reads like the celebration of a milestone on her path to recovery, we’re told that de Lesseps felt compelled to address her boozing because reporters were sniffing around the story that she’s off the wagon.

The “Real Housewives of New York City” star — who’s done two stints in rehab since she was arrested after a drunken rampage in Florida in December 2017 — had insisted as recently as November that she’s sober.

But sources tell us that she’s been drunk in public at two different events and that the media was starting to take notice. We’re told that she went to People to get ahead of the story, which announces that “she has recently made the decision to allow herself a drink on occasion.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 5