Type keyword(s) to search

Dream Costars: Who Should Do A Movie Together?

• Start Topic

Here's another TWoP (RIP) transplant thread, this time to ask, "Who do you want to see do a movie together?" Me, I would love to see Michael Fassbender, Tom Hiddleston, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba either do a heist film, a buddy cop film or a Shakespeare film together. Given Fassbender and his X-Men: First Class & X-Men Days Of Future Past co-star's James McAvoy's chemistry, the more they work together, the better, IMO.

Another one of my dream teams is to see former 12 Years A Slave co-stars Ejiofor and Lupita Nyong'o  do a rom com together. Of course, I'd love to see Lupita work with Jared Leto at least once.

• Love 1

I would like to see Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher in a romantic or comedy movie. I think they would

work well together

I would like to see Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in comedy movie too. just to see

• Love 1

I would love to see Amy Adams and Bill Murray star in something together, and Joseph Gordon Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe to do a musical...and yes, that is because of their appearances at the Oscars.

Heck, I'd love Daniel Radcliffe to do a movie with Ewan McGregor.  There's no such thing as having too much British/Scottish hot in a movie ;)

• Love 2
(edited)

I think all super hero & captain Chris' (Evans, Pine, Pratt, Hemsworth) should do a movie together --- just because, well imagine all the pretty.

Daniel Radcliffe simply must star in a movie with Richard Armitage and Dane DeHaan needs to be in a film with Leonardo DiCaprio; the resemblance between each pair is amazing.

Edited by OakGoblinFly

I think all super hero & captain Chris' (Evans, Pine, Pratt, Hemsworth) should do a movie together --- just because, well imagine all the pretty.

This is brilliant! I'd be in even without a true plot. I'm comfortable swimming shallow.

Preferable something in uniform, like firefighters, or cops.  Hell, they just do a Magic Mike and wear all of them at once.

Another one of my dream teams is to see former 12 Years A Slave co-stars Ejiofor and Lupita Nyong'o  do a rom com together.

Dream team indeed.  Throw Naomie Harris in the mix and I'll be there opening day.

Tom Hiddleston and JJ Feild need to play brothers (maybe even twins), with Emma Thompson and Gary Oldman as their parents.

Dream team indeed.  Throw Naomie Harris in the mix and I'll be there opening day.

Tom Hiddleston and JJ Feild need to play brothers (maybe even twins), with Emma Thompson and Gary Oldman as their parents.

I'm there for both of those films, but what is JJ Feild doing lately? He never really made it into film. Maybe Hiddles can also get with Feild's former costar Felicity Jones in the romantic department.

(edited)

Leonardo DiCaprio and Sandra Bullock. When they were sitting next to each other at the Oscars this year, they looked good together. It would be nice if they played a couple in something and that she's older than him wasn't a big story issue.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
I'm there for both of those films, but what is JJ Feild doing lately? He never really made it into film. Maybe Hiddles can also get with Feild's former costar Felicity Jones in the romantic department.

I've only seen him in Austenland, and just fragments of that.  But he can hold a scene well enough, and I don't know if he's doing anything else.

I don't know about Felicity Jones' work, so I can't speak on that.

JJ Field is currently playing Major John Andre in AMC's TURN. The show just wrapped up its first (and hopefully not only) season.  While it was a bit of a slow go at first, it really started to pick up about half way through its run (around episode 5 or so).  

• Love 1
(edited)

I would like to see Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher in a romantic comedy movie. I think they would work well together.

I would like to see Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in comedy movie too. just to see.

I respectfully disagree. Kutcher and Kunis worked together for years in That 70s Show, so I doubt that many people would pay to see something they could watch at home for free. As for Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz, if Dream House, the critical/commercial flop they co-starred in is any indication, unless they plan to reprise their  Broadway roles in a film version of The Real Thing, I don't see them working together again anytime soon.

I think all superhero & captain Chris' (Evans, Pine, Pratt, Hemsworth) should do a movie together---just because, well imagine all the pretty.

Preferable something in uniform, like firefighters, or cops. Hell, they just do a Magic Mike and wear all of them at once.

Or they could do something like the male equivalent of Charlie's Angels and play brothers (one of whom just happens to be gay) who inherit either a detective agency or a bounty-hunting business, both of which would give them plenty of chances to wear costumes and indulge in at least partial nudity.

I would also love to see Daniel Day-Lewis and Michael Fassbender play father and son.

Edited by DollEyes

Rachel McAdams and Michael Fassbender

Michelle Williams and Michael Fassbender

Jessica Chastain and Michael Fassbender

Mila Kunis and Ryan Gosling

Emily Blunt and Robert Downey Jr. 

Reese Witherspoon and Robert Downey Jr.

Chris Hemsworth and Margot Robbie

Michael Fassbender, Ryan Gosling, and James McAvoy

Natalie Portman and Leonardo DiCaprio

• Love 2
(edited)
Rachel McAdams and Michael Fassbender

Michelle Williams and Michael Fassbender

Why, SallyAlbright (love that movie, love that screen name!), one would get the impression you're a Fassbender fan… come and sit by me!

Seriously, though, I would love Fassy to work with either Anne Hathaway or Amy Adams. No reason except they're two of my favorite actresses working today, and it would be cool.

Michael Fassbender, Ryan Gosling, and James McAvoy

So awesome my head almost exploded.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 3

Off the top of my head, it's difficult to think of an actress I love who is in his age range, but I'd love to see Fassbender in a straight romance (as opposed to romance mixed with some other genre) with someone his own age. I have managed to miss all of Jessica Chastain's movies but she seems to be a quieter actress so if they were ever paired it would probably be in a moody drama. But I think he could really pull off one of those traditional leading man roles we don't see in movies that often nowadays. While there are lots of great younger actresses, there's something to be said for pairing up actors closer in age with the same level of experience. Acting experience, life experience, it shows in their faces (regardless of how well-preserved they are) and I think it reflects in their performances. 

Dolleyes. I can see about Kunis and Kutcher. I forget about "that 70's show". I would like to see them work together more.

As for Craig and Weisz Dream house wasnt a comedy. At least it wasnt supposed to be. I liked weisz in theMummy. I reserve my opinion until I see another movie with them. Imho

(edited)

There was a rumor recently that Matt Damon would be back in the next Bourne movie and I thought that was fairly exciting. I'd love to see and Jeremy Renner team up in an action flick. Unfortunately the rumor turned out to not be true. No biggie. I like Renner and thought Bourne Legacy made sense within the framework of the Bourne Universe so I have no problem with the next movie being just him.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Renner and Daniel Craig do the same thing because they kinda look alike. Renner could be James Bond's younger brother or something.

Edited by wlk68

Joseph Gordon Levitt and Emma Watson... and, yes, that's solely based on their presenting together at the Oscars. Ideally, I'd want them in some crazy, witty, Steampunk adventure.

• Love 5
I would like to see Javier Bardem and Jeffrey Dean Morgan do a thriller together where they mess with the heads and confuse the heck out of the other characters.

In this vein, I would like to see James McAvoy and Gregory Smith as brothers. Or Kevin Zegers and Zac Efron. 

Throw in Helen Mirren and I'd watch the shit out of that movie.

Helen Mirren and Liam Neeson use to date in the 80s. Hot couple! I think they are still good friends so let's hope they get reunited onscreen at some point! 

• Love 2

Joseph Gordon Levitt and Emma Watson... and, yes, that's solely based on their presenting together at the Oscars. Ideally, I'd want them in some crazy, witty, Steampunk adventure.

Yes i would like ths too

I wish I was computer savvy enough to line up photos side by side because I have always thought that these guys all resemble each other to a degree, at least when I try to visualize them. 

Colin Ferguson

John Hamm

Mike Rowe (not an actor, strictly speaking, I guess)

Kevin Sorbo

It would be neat to see some of them cast as siblings.

• Love 1

I'm gonna need Richard Armitage and Hugh Jackman to play brothers, and should both of them lose their shirts at some point, I won't complain. Someone make this happen.

Well, my mind just went to a happy place. Guess I won't be getting any work done for the rest of the day...  :D

For years and years I wanted to see a movie that put Christopher Walken and Al Pacino together. Theoretically the screen would explode from all the awesomeness, right? Then Gigli came out...

And the moral is: Be careful what you wish for.

• Love 5

Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone in a buddy cop movie. Come on. No brainer.

Amy Addams and Isla Fisher playing sisters in a movie.

Ryan Gosling and Ben Foster in a gritty indie drama.

Oh good.  Then maybe I could finally tell Amy Adams and Isla Fisher apart.

I could have sworn I'd seen Ryan Gosling and Ben Foster in a movie together, but I can't think of what.  But if not, I agree.

• Love 1