Type keyword(s) to search

Dream Costars: Who Should Do A Movie Together?

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Okay after seeing this I definitely want to see these two in a movie together. One could argue they're too similar but I detect a reservedness in Stone while Lawrence is the more wilder one:

I feel like I've been wanting an Emma Stone/Jennifer Lawrence cop buddy movie for 5 years.

• Love 4

Have Dallas Bryce Howard and Jessica Chastain play sisters in anything.  I always have to pay attention when either is in a movie I spent the entirety of Jurassic World thinking Howard was Chastain and when I was explaining to my friend my difficulty with the female lead corrected my misapprehension.  I know I am not the only person who has done this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I would be fascinated at the thought of seeing Reese Witherspoon and Kirsten Dunst playing sisters in something. Either that, or rival co-workers at a company. I don't think they look a like or anything, but there's something about their energies that I'd be interested in seeing how they'd play against each other, especially now that KD has kind of evolved into playing quirky character types.

• Love 3

It's a shame that Cameron Diaz and Jim Carrey don't work often anymore.  I have a sad dream that they will reunite.

I liked Idris Elba and Kate Winslet in that mountain movie but I thought the movie would have been majorly improved if it was just a straight romance or romantic comedy.  The mountain distracted from how cute/sexy they were.

4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'd really like to see Zoey Deutch and Glenn Powell do another movie together, but something with a tighter script. I liked Set It Up, but it kind of meandered a bit too much. However, they did have really good chemistry.

I have good news but maybe not great news.  They're doing another movie together for Netflix.  But it's with the same writer who wrote Set It Up.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/glen-powell-zoey-deutch-set-it-up-team-set-new-rom-1206576

• Love 2
(edited)
On 1/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, dusang said:

I would watch this three times in theatre.

Same here, but while I can see Taraji as Elise, if Latifah & Angela Bassett couldn't play Brenda & Annie, I would cast Octavia Spencer & Viola Davis.

On 1/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'd go with Zendaya as the secret jailbait and Gugu M'batha Raw as the golddigger. And Kiersey Clemons as the lesbian daughter.

Halle Berry as the discarded first wife who commits suicide?

If Zendaya couldn't do it, I'd cast Yara Shahidi. As for Shelly, Gugu M'batha Raw would be great, but so would Lupita Nyong'o.

In the Dr. Rosen role, my pick: Tracee Ellis Ross. As Duarte, the interior decorator, my choice: Billy Porter, which would be a nice bit of meta from the original First Wives Club, because of "Suddenly Alone." As Guinilla, the Maggie Smith role, I'd pick Jenifer Lewis.

For the husbands, I'd cast either  Wendell Pierce or Craig Robinson as Morty, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Aaron and  Mahershala Ali as Bill. Cicely Tyson as Catherine, Annie's mom. For Cynthia's ex-husband Gilbert,  I'd pick Idris Elba with Rihanna, Halsey or Janelle Monae as his trophy wife.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

I would like to see Daniel Radcliffe and Emilia Clarke do a quirky romcom together.

And I know Denzel Washington and Viola Davis did Fences together, but maybe they can play another married couple in another movie where he doesn't treat her like shit?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And I know Denzel Washington and Viola Davis did Fences together, but maybe they can play another married couple in another movie where he doesn't treat her like shit?

Has Denzel ever done a movie where he's in a happy, stable marriage? I'm blanking on this. I guess he and Eva Mendes were happy having sex together in Training Day, but I wouldn't call that a happy marriage.

I think this is a function of the fact that Denzel usually sticks to gritty action movies, thrillers, or gritty dramas. His one foray into romantic comedy (The Preacher's Wife) didn't do well. Happy stable marriages usually only exist in romantic or action buddy comedies.

*I guess Remember the Titans would count? As far as I remember, his character had a good marriage.

I know this will never happen, but Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield, and Tobey Maquire in a Spiderverse crossover. You could probably get the first two, but I don't think you'd ever get Tobey.

Edited by methodwriter85
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Has Denzel ever done a movie where he's in a happy, stable marriage?

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

*I guess Remember the Titans would count? As far as I remember, his character had a good marriage.

Yes.  Carol Boone was very much just the "coach's wife" character, so we didn't see much of her or their marriage, but we did see one conversation between the two of them after Gerry's death.  Herman is second-guessing himself on a few fronts, seeks her counsel, and she gives it; one has the sense this is the sort of thing that goes on between them.  Their little moments of interaction throughout the film give absolutely no indication of strife within the marriage despite all the external stressors; they're in this together.

(In real life, Coach Boone was more of a jerk than he is in the film, and she was very private and soft-spoken, so who knows what kind of marriage they actually had.  But the marriage of the film is happy and stable, yes.)

• Love 2

Regina King and Brad Pitt not something I ever knew I wanted but when she handed him the Oscar something clicked and kind of want to see them together in a movie not even sure why.

Speaking of the Oscars when Oscar Issac and Salma Hayek in a fun romantic comedy. Because they seem fun and also they would be very pretty on a screen together.

• Love 5

Totally random, but I would love to see Minnie Driver do something with Antonia Thomas (The Good Doctor). Both are beautiful British actresses who do convincing American accents. And that's all I got. 

• Love 2
(edited)

After I saw the publicity stills for Netflix's upcoming reboot of Rebecca, while they look pretty good, it made me wish for a modern-day, all-Black version with either Idris Elba or Chiwetel Ejiofor as Maxim, KiKi Layne, Anna Diop or Aja Naomi King as the Second Mrs. De Winter, Naomie Harris, Gabrielle Union or Lupita Nyong'o in the title role (in flashbacks) and Viola Davis, Angela Bassett or Regina King as Mrs. Danvers.

Edited by DollEyes
Edited to get names right.
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

After I saw the publicity stills for Netflix's upcoming reboot of Rebecca, while they look pretty good, it made me wish for a modern-day, all-Black version with either Idris Elba or Chiwetel Ejiofor as Maxim, KiKi Layne, Anna Diop or Ana Naomi King as the Second Mrs. Dr Winter, Naomie Harris, Gabrielle Union or Lupita Nyong'o in the title role (in flashbacks) and Viola Davis, Angela Bassett or Regina King as Mrs. Danvers.

That sounds so much better than the version Netflix has made.  Bonus points if the filmmakers make Mrs. Danvers's queerness overt.  

• Love 2

My slightly mean first thought seeing that "Rebecca" trailer was: "They're still trying to make Arnie Hammer happen?" 😉

Topic: Ray Liotta could use a nice vehicle, when he popped up in "Marriage Story" and did so well, I was reminded that he can be really good. Perhaps together with Angela Bassett? They both have a ferociousness about them, and I don't need another mafia film for Liotta LOL.

Edited by katha

Now that Nicole Beharie's career is coming back to where it should be, I am gonna need her and Simone Missick to play sisters in something.

Also I still have the long shot fantasy of a rom-com with her and Tom Mison.  I always thought that if they adapted Jasmine Guillory's The Wedding Date into a movie she and would be perfect.  The heroine in that book is nicely no-nonsense and the hero emotes with his hands a lot.

• Love 6

After watching Broadchurch, I would like to see Olivia Colman in a comedy with David Tennant. Their comedic timing was perfect and my favorite thing from that series. They could do a romantic comedy, or a regular one, I would take either of those. I would also like to see DT with Catherine Tate again, they were always hilarious together. Now that I think about it, all three of them could maybe do a comedy together, I'm sure it would be great. 

From a more behind the scenes approach, I am morbidly curious what would a set with both Miriam Margolyes and John Barrowman look like. They are both "larger than life" types, I wonder whether they would click together or clash.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

After watching Broadchurch, I would like to see Olivia Colman in a comedy with David Tennant. Their comedic timing was perfect and my favorite thing from that series. They could do a romantic comedy, or a regular one, I would take either of those. I would also like to see DT with Catherine Tate again, they were always hilarious together. Now that I think about it, all three of them could maybe do a comedy together, I'm sure it would be great. 

It is my dream to see those three in anything together. I'd happily take them sitting in a room reading random tweets if that's all I could get. Tennant and Tate are the greatest BFFs I have ever seen. 

• Love 3
On 4/29/2021 at 7:53 AM, JustHereForFood said:

Get out of my brain! My dream is for them to be in a comedy where Olivia Colman and Catherine Tate play David Tennant's ex-wives.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Popples said:

Get out of my brain! My dream is for them to be in a comedy where Olivia Colman and Catherine Tate play David Tennant's ex-wives.

Who bond over discussing all David's drawbacks as a husband. I would watch the hell out of that. 

• Love 2