Type keyword(s) to search

20/20 - General Discussion

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, DanaK said:

This Friday’s episode covers the case of Michelle Carter, whose text messages pushed her boyfriend to kill himself and she went on trial for it

I think I remember this case, and would have watched if my TV was working.

Anyway, is it available online somewhere?

1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

I think I remember this case, and would have watched if my TV was working.

Anyway, is it available online somewhere?

Not sure if Hulu or another streaming service streams 20/20. Hulu is releasing a limited scripted series called The Girl from Plainville about the case starring Elle Fanning

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Actually, I just looked on Hulu and 20/20 does stream there. If you don't have Hulu, you can access the show from abc.com (if your cable company allows it I think)

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2022 at 1:34 PM, iwantcookies said:

2 of the Turpin girls have been molested by their foster parent. My heart breaks for them.

Oh, FFS. People can really be monsters sometimes.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, DanaK said:

This Friday’s episode covers the case of Michelle Carter, whose text messages pushed her boyfriend to kill himself and she went on trial for it

I wasn't going to watch, but started coming down with a migraine so I took something and tried to find a distraction.... I have stayed a bit away from true crime shows recently but this seemed to be the only thing on network tv. I had seen Elle Fanning on one of the late-night talk shows promoting the show, and she said something about Michelle being painted as "one-dimensional" that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Michelle's own struggles with mental health do not absolve her of the role she played in this. If I were the judge I would have given her the 20 years.

Needless to say, I have no interest in seeing the show Elle was promoting. Don't have hulu and do not have plans to get it anytime soon anyways.

Edited by A.Ham
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

I wasn't going to watch, but started coming down with a migraine so I took something and tried to find a distraction.... I have stayed a bit away from true crime shows recently but this seemed to be the only thing on network tv. I had seen Elle Fanning on one of the late-night talk shows promoting the show, and she said something about Michelle being painted as "one-dimensional" that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Michelle's own struggles with mental health do not absolve her of the role she played in this. If I were the judge I would have given her the 20 years.

Needless to say, I have no interest in seeing the show Elle was promoting. Don't have hulu and do not have plans to get it anytime soon anyways.

Sorry about the migraine!  It's certainly disappointing that Elle Fanning has taken that stance.  She's the actress portaying Michelle Carter in the series The Girl From Plainville, so what does that say about her acting?  LOL.

Edited by CrystalBlue
Added name of series.
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, A.Ham said:

10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Sorry about the migraine!  It's certainly disappointing that Elle Fanning has taken that stance.  She's the actress portaying Michelle Carter in the series The Girl From Plainville, so what does that say about her acting?  LOL.

Actors playing villains or despicable characters typically find SOMETHING about the character that they can relate to or sympathize with so they can give a nuanced and more realistic portrayal. Otherwise, these characters would all literally be mustache-twirling bad. Michelle obviously doesn’t think she’s a monster (she is), so Elle saying this doesn’t worry or concern me. I think Elle did a phenomenal job in that series and does capture that Michelle is a delusional, narcissistic sociopath, despite that comment. 

It’s just so weird how abruptly Michelle’s texts changed. It’s like she had a psychotic break. I don’t buy the drugs being the excuse. I didn’t like that Dr that testified for the defense. 

The sentencing was a joke, but I’m still glad she was convicted since it sets a precedence for future cases. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, Whimsy said:

It’s just so weird how abruptly Michelle’s texts changed. It’s like she had a psychotic break. I don’t buy the drugs being the excuse. I didn’t like that Dr that testified for the defense. 

If you are going to diagnose someone as had suffered from a psychotic break, then you should be aware that taking drugs can cause that.  It is called Substance Induced Psychosis.

ETA: Just finished watching this 20/20 edition and that doctor for the defense just made up his version of Michelle's drug-induced psychosis and it isn't in the Physicians' Desk Reference!

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

How does this girl ever live in society again. She is going to need to change her name, move to another country, and get plastic surgery (or at least eyebrow surgery). 

I wish she would at least say why she did it. Her not saying anything makes me think it was indeed just to be the center of drama and attention. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

How does this girl ever live in society again. She is going to need to change her name, move to another country, and get plastic surgery (or at least eyebrow surgery). 

I wish she would at least say why she did it. Her not saying anything makes me think it was indeed just to be the center of drama and attention. 

😃

I honestly don’t know how her looks changed so drastically. It can’t be just the eyebrows. She was cute when she was a younger teen. Then bam—she just looks like a completely different person. 
I don’t know if she should’ve gotten 20 years but she should’ve gotten a little more than 15 mos. That other case they referenced, she didn’t get any jail time just probation. She should’ve gotten some too. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Anyone see the episode from this Friday about the serial killer in NC in the early 90's? He killed 10 women before being found. They did not even suspect a serial killer early on, even though young, black women kept being murdered in similar fashion. It turns out that they all either worked at one of two fast food restaurants or knew someone who worked there. Both restaurants had one man in common. He knew them all and was a "nice guy" so they freely opened the doors to their home to him. He would strangle them--and then go to their funerals to hug and console the families. Just horrific.

The "police work" was more than sloppy. And then they held press conferences saying they had done an excellent job. And complained about not having enough resources and staffing. I don't know how much staffing is required for someone to ask "where did she work" and "who did she trust". The last question about trust is the one that actually led them to the killer, but not quickly enough for him to not kill one last victim.  And at some point the police even blew off one of the victim's cousins who actually suggested the killer as a suspect. So of course he kept killing more and with more frequency, which finally got him caught.

Edited by A.Ham
Attempt to fix grammar.
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, A.Ham said:

Anyone see the episode from this Friday about the serial killer in NC in the early 90's? He killed 10 women before being found. They did not even suspect a serial killer early on, even though young, black women kept being murdered in similar fashion. It turns out that they all either worked at one of two fast food restaurants or knew someone who worked there. Both restaurants had one man in common. He knew them all and was a "nice guy" so they freely opened the doors to their home to him. He would strangle them--and then go to their funerals to hug and console the families. Just horrific.

Was it a new one?  I was planning to watch it on Hulu, but it isn't up there yet.  Usually new episodes are available the next day...

5 hours ago, jabinlbc said:

Was it a new one?  I was planning to watch it on Hulu, but it isn't up there yet.  Usually new episodes are available the next day...

I started watching it on Hulu when it finally was available, paused after it got started because I was tired, and when I went to watch it again, it was gone!  Now it's up again and I started watching it but haven't finished it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jabinlbc said:

I’m pretty sure. It was listed as new, but I deleted it already so not sure. Sounds like it’s back on Hulu, though…

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I started watching it on Hulu when it finally was available, paused after it got started because I was tired, and when I went to watch it again, it was gone!  Now it's up again and I started watching it but haven't finished it.

Thanks!  Just checked and it is back on Hulu - weird how it disappeared.  I know what I am watching tonight...😀

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, partofme said:

Did anyone watch this week’s episode about Brandon Woodruff?  I’m not saying he’s necessarily innocent, but I wasn’t convinced he was guilty. 

I was cringing at the one argument one of the...investigators, was it?...brought up about how ,if he was able to lie about his sexuality, that meant he was likely lying about the murder, too. Like...no, that's not how that works. I was glad that some people pushed back on that "argument" and called it out for the nonsense that it was. 

• Love 8

Brandon came off as sympathetic when he was interviewed by John.

....but...

Who else would have possibly murdered his parents?! The only other name even mentioned was the kid who fell out with Brandon when Brandon started hanging with a different crowd. But I'm quite sure that kid did not murder and slice up two people and frame Brandon because Brandon started wearing Armani! Also, the dagger was in Brandon's dorm room and then later found in the Heath barn. That is not something that friend could have accomplished. 

...however...

The innocence project taking an interest is not something they would do unless they have some reasons to believe that he is innocent. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was cringing at the one argument one of the...investigators, was it?...brought up about how ,if he was able to lie about his sexuality, that meant he was likely lying about the murder, too. Like...no, that's not how that works. I was glad that some people pushed back on that "argument" and called it out for the nonsense that it was. 

I believe it was his sister who was the first to suggest that thought process.  

I thought the part about him having something in a suitcase in the back of the truck was suspicious.  Just driving the truck at that time was suspicious.  The missing gun from the girlfriend's house was suspicious.  Living a double life looks suspicious.  Then there's the dagger.

I think he comes across as guilty.

Hard to believe his mom just gave him that truck, but that's what he told his friends.

• Love 7

In the Woodruff parents case, to me the amount of stab wounds, gunshot wounds, added up to a lot of damage for a person that didn't know the couple.  Often when there's a big number of wounds, it's personal, and I suspect it was in the Woodruff case too.      I found it ridiculous that one statement said it wouldn't have been believable for Brandon to talk on his phone or act normally during and after the murders, because there have been many case of people doing exactly that.   The blonde hairs, that could have been from Brandon too, especially if his hair lightened up from sun.    I find it interesting that Brandon's girlfriend had a gun and bullets stolen from her house.  

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/brandon-woodruff-convicted-killing-parents-2009-fighting-freedom/story?id=84755134

I saw a rerun of either Dateline or 20/20 on OWN, and saw the case of the Suttons, where the mother was killed, and father was blinded, with a lot of gunshots, and wounds, and it was their son who hired a hit man.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I laughed that his friends believed he was modelling for Armani.  Did they look at the guy?  I thought he could model for the Sears catalogue but that was it.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 5/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, LakeGal said:

I laughed that his friends believed he was modelling for Armani.  Did they look at the guy?  I thought he could model for the Sears catalogue but that was it.  

Reminds of when a woman from my dorm in college came back from summer break telling us how she was “discovered” in a mall in Florida, and was signed to a modeling contract.  She bragged about photo shoots, traveling, being near D-list celebrities.  It was pre- Google and social media days, so we had no idea if she was exaggerating.  Turns out, she was in a grocery store with her grandmother and Nana was the 1000th shopper or something.  So Nana’s picture was taken, with Miss Imma Model next to her. The picture was hung up in all the chain’s stores and appeared in the local paper. 

• LOL 7
On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, partofme said:

Did anyone watch this week’s episode about Brandon Woodruff?  I’m not saying he’s necessarily innocent, but I wasn’t convinced he was guilty. 

But who would be this case’s Pam Hupp?  They were murdered, Brandon was the last known to person to see them alive, was in close proximity to a now-stolen possible murder weapon, and drove away in the truck his mother was using as part time of an on-going move, and a missing knife with his father’s blood was found in a location he’s was seen in after the murder.

If not Brandon, who?  I think there’s more reasonable doubt about Pam Hupp/Betsy Faria than there is in this case.  And I don’t think Pam’s case(s) will be taken up by an Innocence Project anytime soon.  

About the blonde hair in the mom’s hand: wasn’t she blonde, at least in some of the photos?  Couldn’t it have been her hair?

• Love 4

So, I don't know about you all, but in my view, if someone's in jail in relation to a murder case involving a young child, and has a long history of committing other various crimes (including having already committed a murder years prior, no less!), and, when they're about to be let out on bond, has a list of conditions and restrictions regarding their release about where they can and can't go and what groups of people they're supposed to avoid (like, say, children), because of the threat they might pose to them/you're afraid they might try to flee...

...call me crazy, but maaaaaaaaybe all of that should indicate that they shouldn't be getting released on bond in the first place, and should remain in jail instead?

I'm just saying. Thank goodness that detective happened to be at the mall the same day David and Laura decided to go there, and they were eagle-eyed enough to spot Laura even with her wig. Lord knows what she might've done had she not been caught. 

Truly, truly disturbing story, this. Laura was a real piece of work in her interviews - she acted like she was so appalled and offended by all the things people were saying and accusing her of and all that, but it all just felt so very showy. Panicking and blanking on exactly how to deal with a life-threatening situation when a child is in danger is one thing, I can see that happening,  but yeah, she had so many options and avenues to take to try and help save Taylor's life and she chose absolutely NONE of them. 

I was also side-eyeing David pretty heavily throughout the episode, too. I'm glad he finally came around on realizing Laura wasn't worth defending, but my god, the dude had SERIOUS blinders on for way too long. His reasoning for looking her up online shortly before Taylor's death had me going, 'Hm...". He'd been in a contentious back and forth with Kelly for some time, and he's just deciding to research Laura, supposedly in relation to the custody battle, now? And he doesn't immediately distance himself and his young son after finding out about her prior murder charge involving a man she'd been in a relationship with? He sees nothing suspicious about the fact that two people she was alone with ultimately wound up dead - first her boyfriend, then Taylor? Okay, dude. I was kind of rolling my eyes at the "morality clause" thing early on in the episode - I agree that anyone who's got a child needs to be wise about who they bring around them when they start dating again, but calling it a "morality clause" rubbed me the wrong way.

But after all of this, honestly, maybe that was the right term to use, 'cause David was being way too lax on the "morality" aspect of his relationship with Laura. I feel so bad for Kelly. And I think it's pretty easy to see now why Laura and her own son grew so distant. I would imagine he and his father are breathing a huge sigh of relief that she's out of their lives. 

Or maybe they're not - apparently Laura seems to have some weird power over men, to where she can wrap them around her little finger and get them to do her bidding and support her no matter what, so...who knows.. 

Yeah. Just a horrible, tragic story all the way around. Thank goodness Laura's finally where she belongs, at least. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

So, I don't know about you all, but in my view, if someone's in jail in relation to a murder case involving a young child, and has a long history of committing other various crimes (including having already committed a murder years prior, no less!), and, when they're about to be let out on bond, has a list of conditions and restrictions regarding their release about where they can and can't go and what groups of people they're supposed to avoid (like, say, children), because of the threat they might pose to them/you're afraid they might try to flee...

...call me crazy, but maaaaaaaaybe all of that should indicate that they shouldn't be getting released on bond in the first place, and should remain in jail instead?

I'm just saying. Thank goodness that detective happened to be at the mall the same day David and Laura decided to go there, and they were eagle-eyed enough to spot Laura even with her wig. Lord knows what she might've done had she not been caught. 

Truly, truly disturbing story, this. Laura was a real piece of work in her interviews - she acted like she was so appalled and offended by all the things people were saying and accusing her of and all that, but it all just felt so very showy. Panicking and blanking on exactly how to deal with a life-threatening situation when a child is in danger is one thing, I can see that happening,  but yeah, she had so many options and avenues to take to try and help save Taylor's life and she chose absolutely NONE of them. 

I was also side-eyeing David pretty heavily throughout the episode, too. I'm glad he finally came around on realizing Laura wasn't worth defending, but my god, the dude had SERIOUS blinders on for way too long. His reasoning for looking her up online shortly before Taylor's death had me going, 'Hm...". He'd been in a contentious back and forth with Kelly for some time, and he's just deciding to research Laura, supposedly in relation to the custody battle, now? And he doesn't immediately distance himself and his young son after finding out about her prior murder charge involving a man she'd been in a relationship with? He sees nothing suspicious about the fact that two people she was alone with ultimately wound up dead - first her boyfriend, then Taylor? Okay, dude. I was kind of rolling my eyes at the "morality clause" thing early on in the episode - I agree that anyone who's got a child needs to be wise about who they bring around them when they start dating again, but calling it a "morality clause" rubbed me the wrong way.

But after all of this, honestly, maybe that was the right term to use, 'cause David was being way too lax on the "morality" aspect of his relationship with Laura. I feel so bad for Kelly. And I think it's pretty easy to see now why Laura and her own son grew so distant. I would imagine he and his father are breathing a huge sigh of relief that she's out of their lives. 

Or maybe they're not - apparently Laura seems to have some weird power over men, to where she can wrap them around her little finger and get them to do her bidding and support her no matter what, so...who knows.. 

Yeah. Just a horrible, tragic story all the way around. Thank goodness Laura's finally where she belongs, at least. 

Thank you for writing all of this bc I am still at 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Love 6

I'm not even done with this and wtf is wrong with this David character? You left a known murderer with your child unsupervised. 

I don't think she's innocent at all but let's pretend the drowning was an accident for a moment. All her actions afterwards were insane and she made no effort to save him. You call 911 immediately not drive 12 miles to a hospital. You attempt CPR.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Court said:

I don't think she's innocent at all but let's pretend the drowning was an accident for a moment. All her actions afterwards were insane and she made no effort to save him. You call 911 immediately not drive 12 miles to a hospital. You attempt CPR.

This. Hell, if there were all these other people on the beach, if she was blanking and feeling helpless at what to do and all that, she could've simply gone running to one of them. I would assume there were lifeguards somewhere nearby, too, they could've certainly been called in for help. Saving people from drowning is kind of a major part of their job, after all, so...

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

This. Hell, if there were all these other people on the beach, if she was blanking and feeling helpless at what to do and all that, she could've simply gone running to one of them. I would assume there were lifeguards somewhere nearby, too, they could've certainly been called in for help. Saving people from drowning is kind of a major part of their job, after all, so...

She evidently picked a completely deserted beach. She actually drove down from a beach with more people until she found a desolate spot.

The show made a point when they were discussing how her claim that it was the kid's idea was wrong. She first said that they went to the house which made no sense since he had obviously changed in the SUV. So it was pretty clear that she had planned to take him to the beach and find a deserted spot and then drown him.

I wonder whether she actually drowned him or just watched him get swept out. One of the accident experts said that if the accident had happened as she claimed she would never have gotten to his body that quickly - if at all so it was likely she was close by. Which leads me to think that she might have actively drowned him.

Another of these women with magic vaginas. At least - unlike the last couple of shows in which the women manipulated men - she was the stereotypical blonde bombshell. Peacock had an interesting series on Angelyne who was an Los Angeles icon of the 1980's and was the original famous for being famous "celebrity".

• Love 9
(edited)

I have no doubt that Laura drowned her step son, and likely was right there in the water when it happened. As the expert testified, he would not have floated, he would have sank. So the likelihood of her being able to find him would be pretty slim I would think unless she was right there. 

The fact that she smiled and waved to the fisherman as she left the beach cinched it for me. But everything pretty much added up to her making up the story about her step son wanting to go on a picnic, and  Laura making sure she was in a deserted spot.

I am always amazed at how these women manage to find so many losers to marry them. Though the guy she left for David seemed like a good guy, but women like that are always looking for the next fix and need for something new. I actually laughed at the loser who was I think her first husband? The one she met in jail who blubbered and said he would always love her. And then there is the guy who is waiting for her to get out. WTF is with these morons? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16

Laura is a monster and deserves to be in jail forever. There’s no disputing that, but I thought her probation restrictions of not being able to be near schools or in malls because children were there seemed over the top to me.  It’s not like she snatched some random kid and killed them.  She had very selfish and self-serving reasons to kill Taylor.  She just never should’ve been released on bond at all, as was mentioned by a poster before me. 

It always amazes me to see the “bombshells”/femme fatales after a few years in jail. Strip them of the makeup, hair dye, clothes,,etc it just shows they just weren’t as attractive as they thought they were. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 6/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, amarante said:

I wonder whether she actually drowned him or just watched him get swept out.

Until the fisherman was interviewed, my husband and I were convinced she had never even gone to the beach, and had drowned the kid at home.  "Check the towels for sand!!" "Was the water in his lungs chlorinated??"  "Is the house closer to the hospital than the beach??"  It was like Statler and Waldorf all up in here.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2022 at 4:20 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I have no doubt that Laura drowned her step son, and likely was right there in the water when it happened. As the expert testified, he would not have floated, he would have sank. So the likelihood of her being able to find him would be pretty slim I would think unless she was right there. 

The fact that she smiled and waved to the fisherman as she left the beach cinched it for me. But everything pretty much added up to her making up the story about her step son wanting to go on a picnic, and  Laura making sure she was in a deserted spot.

I am always amazed at how these women manage to find so many losers to marry them. Though the guy she left for David seemed like a good guy, but women like that are always looking for the next fix and need for something new. I actually laughed at the loser who was I think her first husband? The one she met in jail who blubbered and said he would always love her. And then there is the guy who is waiting for her to get out. WTF is with these morons? 

I thought videotaping the swimming lesson was defensive groundwork.  
I feel so sorry for the mother, Kelly.  

• Love 8

And what kind of parent let’s their 6 year old go swimming in the ocean that far away without a life jacket because he begged her to? Even with one, I’d be in the water with an arms length.

This was so hard to watch; I had to split it over two nights. 

• Love 8
On 5/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I was thrown off by that argument  as well. It actually made me question their entire case. But as mentioned above, who else could have done it? In the sense that everything is circumstantial - the most damning to me was that he had his sisters truck, the difference between he and his sisters initial interviews, where hers was a nuanced portrait of a family life his seemed to be fake. Also, that he used to beat his sister with a whip. I know my brother and I did some major fighting when we were kids, like bad stuff, but he never actually physically hurt me. That bull whip thing is extreme. I think he did it. 

• Love 3

Taylor was definitely drowned by Laura. I hope she dies in prison.

Wow she must be some flirt to get a man from prison. What does she have that men are dying to be with her? Even Taylor’s dad was blind with love and stuck with her AFTER the trial/conviction.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I know right? The first husband cried talking about how much he loves her. I was like dude you were married for 5 minutes a few decades ago. Haha

• Love 3

I think she drowned Taylor because she didn’t want to share the husbands love/and he wouldn’t spent $ on child support. It was probably all for greed! Or maybe she hated Taylor.

The motive wasn’t discussed. 

What kinda psycho kills a child? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Watched the rerun of the Gabby Petito episode last night.  The video of the stop in Moab is heartbreaking.  So many if only-isms apply that one hour.

But another thing I found disturbing?  The ambition to make a living by getting others to pay to observe your life.  If you do that, can you ever have a real life?  Are you living for yourself or your audience?  And if you’re living for yourself, why would people pay for the privilege of observation?  I never did get the appeal of the Kardashians, so I’m not part of any target audience.  The Truman show had a happy ending only when he left the set and the cameras behind.  20 years ago, that movie wasn’t a cautionary tale.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, nora1992 said:

But another thing I found disturbing?  The ambition to make a living by getting others to pay to observe your life.  If you do that, can you ever have a real life?  Are you living for yourself or your audience?

When you're young and free, I think it's just a way to make quick money for the rest of your life--pay college debts, buy a house etc. I think it's fun.  I think it's difficult to extricate yourself from it, though--look at all those "real housewives." But actors and athletes do it--many successfully. And many not.    

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

When you're young and free, I think it's just a way to make quick money for the rest of your life--pay college debts, buy a house etc. I think it's fun.  I think it's difficult to extricate yourself from it, though--look at all those "real housewives." But actors and athletes do it--many successfully. And many not.    

But actors and athletes are recognized for something else.  The idea that people will pay to watch the life of someone is hard to fathom.  There are lots of curious, enthusiastic and maturing people: what sets on apart from any other?  One can live vicariously through thousands of people; what attracts one over any other?  As I said earlier, I’m not the target demographic.  But neither can I understand the appeal.

Bloggers/influencers are the next generation of multi-level marketers.  A few live well, but most struggle to keep up.

Edited by nora1992
Example
  • Love 1

Y'all I just watched the ep with the Turbin sisters and I have a question. Im not trying to be judgmental or rude, I just honestly don't understand. Jordan had a phone from an older sibling who was no longer in the house? She called at least one older sibling on the phone and talked about taking a cab to Nevada. Why didn't that older sibling call the cops? They were presumably out of the parents reach and control as they no longer lived at home so why didn't they help? 

Also, how did those awful people know to run around and unchain the kids before answering the door that fateful day? Did they recognize a cop knock? Did they realize Jordan escaped?

Did anyone watch last night?  What a sad story.  I think the husband did not do the crime.  He's having difficulty getting a new trial.  They say he's up for parole next year, but will he have trouble if he is supposedly required to admit his crime to get parole?  The guy who confessed knew a lot of detail--about stopping at the Texaco station and driving to a particular place.  I think he did it. 

• Love 8