Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

If Ramona was demoted she has nobody to blame but herself. She's not open to discussing her personal life/Mario,

I know that this is a common reaction to Ramona's refusal to discuss the divorce and Mario but I have to respectfully disagree.

I've been through a divorce and it's not a good time for anyone, especially if there are children involved (whatever their ages), especially if it's a long term relationship with a lot of history (both good and bad) behind it.  Even if a divorce is the best solution for all involved, the pain is real, the feelings of failure--reasonable or not--exist and don't go away with the final decree.

Obviously I don't know the details of the contracts for these shows but, even in a faux reality show, there are some things which, frankly, aren't anyone's fucking business. Andy was within his rights to ask the questions, Ramona was within her rights to decline to answer, piss off her boss though she did.

Edited because I can't type.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 3

She probably could have gotten away with not disclosing details if she hadn't been so petulant and defensive in her response. The woman was in downright denial that anything was amiss. I won't rehash the other details of her hypocrisy (Luann already did that), but in terms of Ramona's response to Andy, this is one of the few times where I have to side with the dirty old man in the control booth. 

• Love 1

Why is everything on Sonja's side of the table?

To make it easier to dump it all in her purse?

Oh my goodness -- thank you so much for my belly laugh of the day.  Well, except everything Sonja has on her side of the table is booze.  I don't think she's taking that home.  Guaranteed it was all consumed right then & there.

It's weird.... it's like if they are experimenting two different seasons and temperatures at the same table, lol !

The thing is they're both dressed wrong for the season.  Ah, but Moaner will wear sleeveless shit, open-toed shoes & shorty dresses even if it's 50 below.  So dat's her deal.  And Sonja will pick out whatever she has left that hasn't been eaten away by the mothballs.  So this time it was an outfit old man Morgan gave her to mind the horsies.  Actually looks newish.  She probably only wore it a few times & stored it away in 1995.

Obviously I don't know the details of the contracts for these shows but, even in a faux reality show, there are some things which, frankly, aren't anyone's fucking business. Andy was within his rights to ask the questions, Ramona was within her rights to decline to answer, piss off her boss though she did.

Of course you're right, but we know full well by now Moaner is just not good at dealing with people.  She didn't handle it right.  Bottom line -- she was extremely disrespectful to her boss.  Not good.  And she refused to do something that is a basic part of her job -- to reveal all.  Sure she has the right to refuse to discuss her marriage.  But she could also get fired cuz of it.  Anyhoo, guess there were no consequences for Moaner in the end cuz there was NO mention of her being demoted by Bravo.  Maybe at the time of the reunion she didn't want to share deets, but she's fine with it now.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

The thing is they're both dressed wrong for the season.

If Sonja is Adderall'd up, as speculated, she might be one of those who has the side effect of being cold all the time.  And Ramona is menopausal so that might explain why she's dressed for dinner pn St. Bart's.

• Love 2

Sure she has the right to refuse to discuss her marriage.  But she could also get fired cuz of it.

Yup, moved and seconded.

I am glad that she is showing Avery that a woman doesn't have to put up with stuff, if she always looks out for herself in life.

Dear god--a RH show which actually taught a valuable lesson. Yikes!

• Love 1

I thought Ramona explained in her blog that Mario asked or coerced her into not talking about their marital troubles at the reunion. The reason being they were trying to reconcile their problems at the time it was filmed. She said that after it was filmed things changed and she moved on. So perhaps we will see something different in Ramona when she comes back, regarding what she lets me shown on the show. And I have got to give Ramona props, she walks the walk when it comes to giving a man the heave ho. She made sure in her lifetime of building a fortune that she was financially able to say get out. He might not be out, if what is reported is true that he is refusing to move out, but she is done with him. Unless things change in the future, which will still be on her terms, I think. I am glad that she is showing Avery that a woman doesn't have to put up with stuff, if she always looks out for herself in life.

That was the impression I got, that she is actually ready to spill the beans because she's done with him and pissed. It'll be awkard if he's still living there but would also probably make for good tv.

• Love 2
She will be back. If they demoted Ramona, I think they made a mistake. Does anybody know if this was her idea or Bravo's?

No mention by Bravo of Moaner being demoted.  Er, hint -- think it would be Moaner's idea to make significantly less dough?  Cuz that's what being demoted would entail.  Is she that stuck on being tight-lipped bout Mario she would sacrifice all that dough?  Could be, but me thinks not.  Wonder if Moaner is making her usual 600 thou or if they cheaped out & are paying her less & demoting her, but not tellin' us.  Sounds like Satan Andy's tactics.

Have they filmed yet? It could be that we haven't heard of her demotion because they haven't decided. Wasn't that the case with Porsha on RHOA? She found out after the filming had wrapped that she was demoted. And of course, last season with Lu, but everyone seems to think that had more to do with her prolonged contract agreement.

Now  I just need a shot of Ramonja snarking over Mario's profile over a glass of pinot...

...I don't ask much for Christmas...

• Love 1
I don't get the young guy thing. To me men start becoming attractive around 40.

I'm with you.  Honestly, it skeeves me out when both men & women do this -- I mean go after people decades younger than themselves.  It just seems so blech.  And yet, I guess it's expected and predictable Moaner was gonna do this.  Yawn.  How bout doing something unpredictable & finding a guy around your age, Moaner?  Well, I guess it won't be as fun to watch, eh?  We expect her, now pushing 60, to be panting after 19 year old college boys, right?  Honestly -- ew.

• Love 1

And if Moaner is smart, & I think she is, she's gonna do exactly that.  She might dabble a bit with young guys.  But she knows that ain't gonna get her anywhere.  Cuz she ain't truly wealthy.  We know that cuz Mario really ain't all dat rich.  She better get her list together of the 50 richest men, just like Audrey did in Breakfast at Tiffanys & start workin', hun.  Why Sonja hasn't done this is anyone's guess.  But you can be sure Moaner isn't gonna make the same dumb mistake.  She likes the rich fancy schmancy lifestyle too much to have to scale back & she gonna probably have to do that now to some degree (probably to a great degree).  She needs a rich hubby.  Wonder if she'd try sniffing 'round Bobby.

• Love 1

I don't think Ramona needs to be constantly sexually desirable like Sonja. Ramona likes men to think she's good looking and younger than she actually is, but I don't get the impression that she's a freak between the sheets. I too think Ramona really wants a handsome and wealthy man her own age.

I can't even picture her hitting it with a younger man other than flirting. I think with Avery's age that would be uncomfortable for her. Though I'm sure she wants Mario to know young men want her.

• Love 2

Unless Ramona comes out with money, who is going to want to marry her. She is annoying as hell.

I have really not found it to be true IRL that the best people have the easiest time finding relationships. I think sometimes it's about how much a person needs to be in a couple. I know some pretty lame folks who have never been single more than 6 months in their lives and awesome folks who go years without meeting anyone. If Ramona wants to I'm sure she could get remarried. She's a celebrity, she's very pretty, I'd bet she'll end up financially stable even if she does take an initial hit, her only child is out of the house. If all she cares about if finding some man, any man, then I'm sure there will be plenty of takers. I mean, Taylor Armstrong got married 2 years after Russel died and she was a broke single mom with a young child and no positive personality traits.

• Love 2

I'm doubting Ramona is all that desirable to the type of man you are describing.  And Sonja sure as heck isn't going to hook the wallet 2.0. 

If you'll notice Sonja isn't really that desirable to younger men either.  She simply seems to attract gigolos and hangers on. 

I am starting to wonder if the condo was originally in Mario's mother's name- because that is the only excuse for her mentioning they lived with her MIL for something like the first 15 years of her marriage. The business was definitely inherited.  So at that point the only big ticket item to haggle over is the house in the Hamptons that Ramona claims to have bought on her own.  If they do argue over that we'll know that was a lie. 

If we don't get to see this divorce played out I will feel thoroughly gipped.  Camille/Nene/Luann/Sheree all shared some part of their divorce so the Moaner should as well. 

• Love 2

I figure once they split everything neither one of them is gonna be in the same position as they were.  Moaner better start trolling those richest men lists.  Sonja is just too dumb & horny to know better.  Oh, don't worry.  Once Moaner has to take the crowded Hamptons Jitney (actually I don't think it's so bad at all, but Moaner would certainly look down her nose at taking a bus -- oh the horrors), I suspect she'll get crackin' on finding a rich hubby.

Nope, that's her menopausal pouch.

What do ya bet Moaner is gonna call it her pooch?  Cuz Sonja will advise that will sound cuter to those 20 year olds.  Would they buy that?  Maybe.  If ya pour enough Pinot in 'em, Moaner.

If you'll notice Sonja isn't really that desirable to younger men either.  She simply seems to attract gigolos and hangers on. 

I don't think Sonja is all that sexually desirable to younger men either, but she desperately wants to be. Sonja equates sex with being "sexy". Sure, she can get a young guy to throw her a hard one now and then, but he's not going to stick around for long. I don't think Sonja has anything else to offer other than sex. Its her number one priority. It's going to be very sad when her looks go (which will be sooner than later) because she's as deep as a puddle other wise.

Was anyone concerned for the Moaner that she was following in Sonja's cougarish footsteps & now having sex with teenagers?  Ah, not to worry.  The Moaner denies she was going off to have sex with some barely legal boy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/patrick-schwarzenegger-miley-cyrus-game-article-1.2011609

I believe her. I don't think Ramona is looking for a boy toy.

• Love 2

I don't think Sonja is all that sexually desirable to younger men either, but she desperately wants to be. Sonja equates sex with being "sexy". Sure, she can get a young guy to throw her a hard one now and then, but he's not going to stick around for long. I don't think Sonja has anything else to offer other than sex. Its her number one priority. It's going to be very sad when her looks go (which will be sooner than later) because she's as deep as a puddle other wise.

I believe her. I don't think Ramona is looking for a boy toy.

I agree with all of this, especially with what you wrote about Sexy J Miss Morgan.  I really don't think her sexual lure is going to work for her with younger men, or possibly even men in her age range, for much longer at all.  Ramona seems relatively asexual to me.

Agreed with jinjer that Ramona's personality is off-putting to a degree that dating (if we assume a sane potential partner) might be more of a challenge than she anticipates - but who knows?  It is true that some of the best folks you ever meet don't have a lot of luck, romantically, while maniacs jump from partner to partner or rope in a victim for life.  I also agree that if Ramona's MIL was in the apartment for a decade-plus, that there was likely some serious economic benefit to the Singers that nasty Ramona with her talk of 'absolute financial independence' (I've never bought this from her 100%) would never, ever admit to and that a serious tussle over the lovely Hamptons home could show that she is as full of shit as many of us believe her to be. 

• Love 1

Is she really silly enough to be motivated by revenge?  I'm not so sure.  Anyhoo, all she really has to do is just let Mario make a total fool of himself all on his own -- which he predictably is doing.  

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/mario-singer-ramona-singer-kasey-dexter-chantelle-fraser/

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article3935584.html

Ya married a jerk, Moaner.  Everyone has known it except for you, hun.  And maybe you knew it too, but denied it to yourself.  

Ugh, don't go for the young things, please, Moaner, I beg ya.  It's just so demeaning.  Leave that for the desperate ones like Sonja & Carole.

• Love 1

I doubt anything is really going on with Ramona and younger guys. I think it's more of a public "f*ck you" to Mario than anything, and it's about being seen by gossip rags and giving the perception of having some cubs in the cougar den. 

I think Ramona goes out, has a good time, then comes home, does her arm weight exercises, has a glass of pinot, checks her work email and then goes to bed.

• Love 3

Good god. Watching Season One on Bravo(must be showing past seasons to get ready for premiere-SCARY ISLAND next week!!!) and man Mario is a fucking slime ball. Ep. 2 and poor Ramona is saying to the camera Is she flirting with my husband. The girl points out he has no ring.  R first response was to blame the woman, who rightfully pointed out no ring. How was she to know? I can't wait to watch these but at the same time am cringing.

Ramona always knew. Maybe not names etc but subconsciously she always knew. She is batshit but I do feel sorry for her. And Avery as well.

• Love 3
I can't wait to watch these but at the same time am cringing

It's always interesting to watch old seasons, knowing what's to come. Particularly if a HW started out married and then became single. Things that seemed so minor at the time suddenly carry a lot more weight, or provide an "aha….!" moment, like Mario appreciatively eyeing a woman on the street.

There's a little bit of comeuppance in that Ramona was often smug about her marriage. She was vocal about what she thought of other HWs' marriages and family lives, particularly LuAnn. At the same time, I do feel sorry for Ramona too. I wonder how much of her craziness last season was due to keeping it all together and putting on a brave face, and whether she'll be a bit more relaxed this season, now that it's all in the open and she's moving on with her life. (Well, "relaxed" for Ramona…she'll always be unfiltered, hyper, and bouncing off the walls.)

• Love 2

I rewatched the first episode of Season 6 and had forgotten one of Ramona's malapropisms/mixed metaphors. She was talking about going out with Aviva for drinks and giving Aviva another chance. In a TH, she said, "Aviva's sucking up my ass big time!" No, Ramona, she's either sucking up to you, or kissing your ass...not sucking up your ass. Talk about an unwanted visual in my head!

• Love 4

It looks like Ramona is actually telling the truth about the dress being a 3 figure Halston dress and not a Herve Leger 7 figure dress like B claimed http://picvpic.com/w...#khaki~jacquard

Too late, B corrected that in a tweet when Lu said it was a Herve Leger.  And as far as I'm concerned, Ramona just said she stole and lost the dress.  Her only weak excuse was that a line producer gave it to her.  I bet she did.  She gave it to you to wear because you spilled something on your dress.  She did not give it to you for the rest of your life.  If you went shopping for a replacement it was because you got a call that said bring the dress back you thief.  

• Love 3

Too late, B corrected that in a tweet when Lu said it was a Herve Leger.  And as far as I'm concerned, Ramona just said she stole and lost the dress.  Her only weak excuse was that a line producer gave it to her.  I bet she did.  She gave it to you to wear because you spilled something on your dress.  She did not give it to you for the rest of your life.  If you went shopping for a replacement it was because you got a call that said bring the dress back you thief.  

I could believe Ramona thought it was a freebie from the show, if she didn't have a history of stealing dresses. I just find the story hilarious and wonderful, even moreso because it's not a particularly expensive dress.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Last night I was washing dishes and accidentally sprayed the entire front of my shirt. I immediately yelled at the faucet, "Who are you to get me wet???"

No one in my family got it. I think I need to move to a PTV commune.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 15