Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

My friend just got her Western Blot results back post the Doxy treatment.  It showed negative before, but after the Doxy, it has the positive results.

She's on a new AB now, she says it's better than the Doxy, which she had more side effect taking, and no eating restrictions.  She has another appointment to go over what it all means, and the future.  Note, regular MD, respectable, not Dr. Klingon type, which she would reject immediately.  She says she really wishes it wasn't Lyme, but is staying positive.  Her hands and feet aren't tingling since the Doxy, which she thinks is a good sign.  Energy levels are still a problem. 

She says there is a stigma about having Lyme because there are so many quacks out there, she's lucky to have a sensible MD.

Please keep us posted on her progress. I find it interesting since as I've mentioned here before have friends who are now with naturopathic doctors for their Lyme among other things like celiac issues. I can never pin them down on what diagnostic tests they've had so love hearing about a mainstream path.

• Love 2

I'm sure one reason Yo is drawn to Dr. Klingon is because he gives her attention which is truly her life source. David didn't, Mohammed has Shiva, Gigi and the non-Gigi's have their own lives, so she's got to get it from someone. Her bank account, reputation, and health are but a small price (in her mind) to pay for some validation and attention.

I giggled at "Gigi and the non-Gigi's."  Hilarious!

• Love 1

Please keep us posted on her progress. I find it interesting since as I've mentioned here before have friends who are now with naturopathic doctors for their Lyme among other things like celiac issues. I can never pin them down on what diagnostic tests they've had so love hearing about a mainstream path.

I will a bit.

For now, while she's a bit happy to finally have a diagnosis, she's bummed that it's Lyme, since it's so controversial, and outcomes vary so much, also since it's her doctor's feeling she was exposed to Lyme years ago (she grew up on a mini ranch in northern California.)  The MD called to confirm it was Lyme, but her appointment isn't until next week.  As I said, she visited many other doctors, while all kinds of other things were ruled out.  During those batteries of tests and exams one thing they did notice was an allergy to gluten, so her doctor does want her to avoid gluten for a month, which is not making her happy either.  She'll learn more during her appointment, and hopefully it's positive stuff, with a good action plan.

worlds collide

• Love 5

She's now taking selfies in the bathtub extolling the wonders of epsom salts!   Will her vanity never end.

Next thing you know she will become a doctor, without a degree, like she's an interior designer without a degree.  Yep, why get an education when you can just marry money and claim you have knowledge.

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 7

She is a victim of the nuts she seeks but she is a flake even without them.

Oh, this is so true!  Very nicely put.  :-)

According TO Brandi Yolanda said she didn't want to film this season. LOL

Brandi can say whatever she wants (and she certainly has!), but I don't believe her.   If Yolanda didn't want to film this season, then she wouldn't have.  For what reason would she have given in?  Either Yolanda fed that bullshit to Brandi or Brandi came up with it on her own, but either way I am not buying it.  I'm quite sure Yolanda was chomping at the bit to start filming.  She clearly can't get enough of cameras of any kind.  People who are perfectly healthy don't put that much energy into keeping themselves front & center, and it's pretty obvious that she has an agenda.

It's really, really easy not to film another season if you don't want to.  Just don't sign on again.  But she did.

eta:  I was recently asked to return to a job I left.  I opted not to do that, even though there were all kinds of promises, flattery, and pressure.  It took me less than 20  minutes to respectfully decline, and then I went on with my life.  There is no reason why Yolanda could not have done the same if she really did not want to return.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 8

YoWoe seeks out these nut job doctors and they aren't the ones claiming to be brain dead, in bed for 7, 9, whatever months, claiming not to wear make up yet wearing it, etc... Those nut job doctors should be accountable for their actions (lose license, criminal charges...what knows but they should be investigated) however YoWoe is responsible for her choices. She is a victim of the nuts she seeks but she is a flake even without them.

Like a dreadful cereal, the imperfect start to any day.  Flavorless and claims to be healthy but in the end nothing really from nature, all contrived from additives.

• Love 11

Oh, this is so true!  Very nicely put.  :-)

Brandi can say whatever she wants (and she certainly has!), but I don't believe her.   If Yolanda didn't want to film this season, then she wouldn't have.  For what reason would she have given in?  Either Yolanda fed that bullshit to Brandi or Brandi came up with it on her own, but either way I am not buying it.  I'm quite sure Yolanda was chomping at the bit to start filming.  She clearly can't get enough of cameras of any kind.  People who are perfectly healthy don't put that much energy into keeping themselves front & center, and it's pretty obvious that she has an agenda.

It's really, really easy not to film another season if you don't want to.  Just don't sign on again.  But she did.

eta:  I was recently asked to return to a job I left.  I opted not to do that, even though there were all kinds of promises, flattery, and pressure.  It took me less than 20  minutes to respectfully decline, and then I went on with my life.  There is no reason why Yolanda could not have done the same if she really did not want to return.

I agree! I should have inserted "rolling my eyes" in my post to better show how ridiculous Brandi's claim is IMO. Next we will hear Brandi claim that production held a gun to Yolanda's head and forced her to film this season. LOL That said, I do think both Brandi and Yolanda came up with this excuse for her, Yolanda's, returning this season because of the backlash she is getting FOR returning.

• Love 6

I agree! I should have inserted "rolling my eyes" in my post to better show how ridiculous Brandi's claim is IMO. Next we will hear Brandi claim that production held a gun to Yolanda's head and forced her to film this season. LOL That said, I do think both Brandi and Yolanda came up with this excuse for her, Yolanda's, returning this season because of the backlash she is getting FOR returning.

The fault is mine.  I was agreeing with you, and I don't think that came across.  I knew you were rolling your eyes!  :-)

Interestingly enough, I almost wrote something like, "How big was the gun they held to Yolanda's head?", so we are definitely thinking alike on this issue. And yes, I also suspect damage control.  People are questioning why Yolanda signed on for another season if she's so sick, and now she wants to get the word out that it  wasn't her fault.  They forced her.  Against her will.  Because the idea of being on camera is just so repulsive to her.  Especially when she's sick.

She really underestimates our intelligence.

Let's put it this way.  Brandi would have received her information from Yo who is as big a liar as Brandi.  So we have a liar telling another liar something.  Yeah.  Credibility?  Nope. 

Exactly.  I wouldn't trust either of them.  Separately or together.  Both have been proven to be liars and manipulators with no remorse or sense of accountability.

• Love 8

Now we're just being silly.  There was no gun, but Yolanda also had no choice because:

• While her dear friend Erika Jayne may have 6 (8?) disco hits she'd have had no place on this show without Yolanda.  Yolanda had to film to help her friend.
  • Without Erika Jayne and Yolanda the producers would have had an empty cast.  She had to film to help save the show and, in a way, to keep Bravo alive.  They couldn't very well lose Nene Leakes and Yolanda Foster.
  • As a sufferer of chronic Lyme she has a responsibility to the community, to show that even the strongest, most intelligent, healthiest, and most beautiful among us can be felled by this disease.  She had to film to help save us.
  • Bonus: we previously were led to believe her daughter irresponsibly got a DUI.  Yolanda had to come back to clear her name.

We've mostly all seen Spiderman or heard the quote: with great power comes great responsibility.  Yolanda can't simply turn away.  Being on reality television is not an option.  No, it is an obligation!  A service, if you will, and we should all show more gratitude.

Or something. 

(This is the post that will send me to hell, and yet I'm doing it anyway. I need to work on my empaty.)

• Love 16

Several pages back, Wirewrap had posted a link about YoFo's Belgium doctor, the one who diagnosed her with LD. Her doctor, Dr. Kenny Meirlier, seems to also be a quack and there was a call for his resignation. This is an interesting read, especially this part here:

http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/CallForResignation.htm

De Meirleir also promotes the experimental drug, Ampligen in his book
as he has for years.  He never mentions, however, the money he got for every
patient he put on the drug from Hemispherx Biopharma.  It is known, from patents
owned by the manufacturer of Ampligen, Hemispherx BioPharma, that Ampligen
contributes to apoptosis (cell death) causing the road to malignancies to be far
shorter.  DeMeirleir is now promoting Acclydine, another herbal extract that he
knows will help the patient feel a bit better but will, in no way, stop the process
that is leading toward ME/CFIDS ending up fatal.  By helping just one arena that
is causing such a vast amount of damage in the body, the others go on unchecked
and the professor knows this all too well having protected his work in expensive
patents.  Yet he, evidently, feels a compulsion to lighten the wallets of patients
with fairly useless drugs.

From Wikipedia:

He researches chronic fatigue syndrome and has created two tests:

a breath test to diagnose overgrowth of bacteria in the gut.
    a urine test to detect high levels of hydrogen sulfide. The test is related to the diagnosis and treatment of CFS/ME.

In this tv interview, YoFo talks about having gone to doctors before going to Belgium where she was finally diagnosed with LD:

Sorry for this photo as it shows Yo's feet. She is now posting how Epsom salt removes the toxins from her body:

ZqhbB7S.png

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Yolanda's latest fishing expedition for Instagram comments. A camera taking a photo of it's reflection needs to be facing it's reflection a little more. No way did that camera take that photo.

903ytl.jpg

​NEW FOR 2016. 

THE YO-LARIOD SCAM-ERA.

​New features include Awful-Ocus Lens that puts a pallor on any subject.

New Lighter Weight for people who have had a chest/shoulder surgery

Auto Hashtag feature - With new disease index!

Low on Brain Function?  Easy to use!!

One Button Posts directly to the internet!

• Love 11

Several pages back, Wirewrap had posted a link about YoFo's Belgium doctor, the one who diagnosed her with LD. Her doctor, Dr. Kenny Meirlier, seems to also be a quack and there was a call for his resignation. This is an interesting read, especially this part here:

http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/CallForResignation.htm

From Wikipedia:

In this tv interview, YoFo talks about having gone to doctors before going to Belgium where she was finally diagnosed with LD:

Sorry for this photo as it shows Yo's feet. She is now posting how Epsom salt removes the toxins from her body:

ZqhbB7S.png

Is there ever an end to Yolanda's detoxing?  I mean at some point these toxins should be out of her body.

• Love 13

Now we're just being silly.  There was no gun, but Yolanda also had no choice because:

• While her dear friend Erika Jayne may have 6 (8?) disco hits she'd have had no place on this show without Yolanda.  Yolanda had to film to help her friend.
  • Without Erika Jayne and Yolanda the producers would have had an empty cast.  She had to film to help save the show and, in a way, to keep Bravo alive.  They couldn't very well lose Nene Leakes and Yolanda Foster.
  • As a sufferer of chronic Lyme she has a responsibility to the community, to show that even the strongest, most intelligent, healthiest, and most beautiful among us can be felled by this disease.  She had to film to help save us.
  • Bonus: we previously were led to believe her daughter irresponsibly got a DUI.  Yolanda had to come back to clear her name.

We've mostly all seen Spiderman or heard the quote: with great power comes great responsibility.  Yolanda can't simply turn away.  Being on reality television is not an option.  No, it is an obligation!  A service, if you will, and we should all show more gratitude.

Or something. 

(This is the post that will send me to hell, and yet I'm doing it anyway. I need to work on my empaty.)

Why you could almost say she saved the show! Add that to the list of the people Yo has saved this week.

If indeed, Andy/bravo begged her to come back ( that's a BIG IF, because consider the source) they did knowing full well a backlash was brewing. Toward the end of last season there were many posters on this very board calling BS .

• Love 5

Is there ever an end to Yolanda's detoxing?  I mean at some point these toxins should be out of her body.

Lyme neurotoxins are stored in fat cells and it actually can take a long time to get rid of them all - meanwhile, they cause pain because the body's immune system reacts to them. You can experience horrific pain if too many are released at one time using baths, niacin or other detox aids - different bodies handle detox at different rates so you have to find a tolerable balance.
  • Love 3

Man, it is hard to keep up with Yo's bullshit remedies for bullshit problems!  It's like she is a homing pigeon for every bit of quack and woo out there.

Osmosis only moves water around from one place to another, NO PARTICLES of anything, toxic or otherwise.  There are no sulfateS in Epsom salt - there is only one:  magnesium sulfate and that's it.  Epsom salt does not detox anything by osmosis, reverse osmosis, nor by any other process.  Epsom salt pulls nothing out of the body.  Epsom salt does not flush toxins ( even mysterious, unnamed toxins!) nor heavy metals out of the body.    This is not science - it is woo.

Epsom salt makes your skin feel soft, that's it - see home water softeners that use salt in order to soften hard water.  Hot water makes your muscles feels better, that's it.  That is the sum total of benefit you get from baths with Epsom salt in it.

You can swallow it as a laxative, though.  That's real.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 19

Lyme neurotoxins are stored in fat cells and it actually can take a long time to get rid of them all - meanwhile, they cause pain because the body's immune system reacts to them. You can experience horrific pain if too many are released at one time using baths, niacin or other detox aids - different bodies handle detox at different rates so you have to find a tolerable balance.

What are these toxins? Wouldn't the liver deal with fat soluble toxins?
  • Love 2

Our bodies do not store toxins.  Our liver and kidneys eliminate them 24/7; that is their job and they do it well unless the liver and kidneys are damaged in some way or non-functional, in which case you have big problems not solved by Epsom salt or cleanses or lemons.  The liver uses chemical reactions to convert toxins into other products that can be eliminated into the kidneys or bile.  The kidneys send it into urine and out it goes, every day all day long.  They don't store any toxins, and they don't need to be cleansed.

Detox is a myth, and detox products and rituals eliminate nothing except your bank balance.

• Love 14

Our bodies do not store toxins. Our liver and kidneys eliminate them 24/7; that is their job and they do it well unless the liver and kidneys are damaged in some way or non-functional, in which case you have big problems not solved by Epsom salt or cleanses or lemons. The liver uses chemical reactions to convert toxins into other products that can be eliminated into the kidneys or bile. The kidneys send it into urine and out it goes, every day all day long. They don't store any toxins, and they don't need to be cleansed.

Detox is a myth, and detox products and rituals eliminate nothing except your bank balance.

Thank you!! That's what dialysis is for, not Epsom salt. Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 10

Shit! How do all those fatigued people have the strength to attack the doc?

The same way Yo can show up at every red carpet event all coiffed and made up and looking fresh and ready to party?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

Thank you to all of you for making me laugh, guffaw even. Lyme disease is serious and does affect many people, but it is impossible to take YoYo and her persecution and endless suffering seriously. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Love 9

Thank you to all of you for making me laugh, guffaw even. Lyme disease is serious and does affect many people, but it is impossible to take YoYo and her persecution and endless suffering seriously. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If, by some chance we all go to hell for laughing?

When you walk in, look to the left. I will be there at the first table - with drinks - welcoming the rest of the gang!

• Love 16

Shit! How do all those fatigued people have the strength to attack the doc?

Their own "Lyme literate" doctors seem to draw strength from the confrontations, for example, Dr Joseph Burrascano Jr.. However Dr Steere, studying rheumatology at Yale at the time of his discovery, and now a professor of medicine at Harvard, has sadly became withdrawn and depressed.
  • Love 4

Does anyone know if Yolanda got new implants?

ETA I did listen to Brandi's podcast with Jill Zarin, where the comments (asides really) about Yo being asked to come back, coaxed, whatever, were made.

I tend to believe Brandi.

1.  The show was already losing Brandi and Kim, I don't think they wanted to lose 3 established housewives in one season.

2.  What we are seeing on the show.  According to Brandi, she was told she didn't have to film much, and could do it on her schedule, as her health permitted.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

What are these toxins? Wouldn't the liver deal with fat soluble toxins?

Here's an article that explains it pretty well, published by a medical group in California that no doubt will be snarked about here - but those of us who have recovered learned to deal with neurotoxins, so I hope some lurker will benefit from the info.

http://www.gordonmedical.com/unravelling-complex-chronic-illness/neurotoxic-disorders-reactivity-to-lyme-coinfections-molds-and-petrochemicals/

• Love 1

Here's an article that explains it pretty well, published by a medical group in California that no doubt will be snarked about here - but those of us who have recovered learned to deal with neurotoxins, so I hope some lurker will benefit from the info.

http://www.gordonmedical.com/unravelling-complex-chronic-illness/neurotoxic-disorders-reactivity-to-lyme-coinfections-molds-and-petrochemicals/

That article doesn't identify any toxins caused by Lyme bacteria. Dr Steere did the hard science when he identified Lyme Disease. Why can't "Lyme Literate" doctors provide details on their own findings? Where is their clinical data?
  • Love 5

That article doesn't identify any toxins caused by Lyme bacteria. Dr Steere did the hard science when he identified Lyme Disease. Why can't "Lyme Literate" doctors provide details on their own findings? Where is their clinical data?

You could ask the doctors you're talking about, if you're curious.

Because they aren't doctors?  The person credited for that article, Wayne Anderson, has an N.D. after his name, Naturopathic Doctor, which is not an actual doctor who studied in medical school.  (Naturopath certification programs are taught by other non-doctor, non-medically trained naturopaths, and do not teach science based medicine.)

These are his credentials, from his own website: http://www.gordonmedical.com/practitioners/wayneanderson.html

With a background in education, Dr. Anderson understands the role of teaching in medical care. Working with grade school students he saw that diet and environment impacted student’s mood and behavior. This sent him back to school for training as a Naturopathic doctor. A growing focus on natural healing approaches in clinical practice in Oregon caused him to broaden his assessment and treatment skills and he earned the designation of Physician Assistant.
Edited by izabella
  • Love 9

Our bodies do not store toxins.  Our liver and kidneys eliminate them 24/7; that is their job and they do it well unless the liver and kidneys are damaged in some way or non-functional, in which case you have big problems not solved by Epsom salt or cleanses or lemons.  The liver uses chemical reactions to convert toxins into other products that can be eliminated into the kidneys or bile.  The kidneys send it into urine and out it goes, every day all day long.  They don't store any toxins, and they don't need to be cleansed.

Wish this was true - those sick from lead in Flint, MI (a potent neurotoxin that is stored in the body) would have nothing to worry about.

• Love 5

Here's an article that explains it pretty well, published by a medical group in California that no doubt will be snarked about here - but those of us who have recovered learned to deal with neurotoxins, so I hope some lurker will benefit from the info.http://www.gordonmedical.com/unravelling-complex-chronic-illness/neurotoxic-disorders-reactivity-to-lyme-coinfections-molds-and-petrochemicals/

While some of the material appears farfetched, I also recall a time when the public at large did not realize that some heart diseases and some cancers could be caused by bacteria.

So it is possible that neurotoxins play a role in some afflictions.

If one can avoid toxins, why not?

• Love 3

Wish this was true - those sick from lead in Flint, MI (a potent neurotoxin that is stored in the body) would have nothing to worry about.

Well, the people of Flint are suffering from lead poisoning and lead is a heavy metal, which is different from vague, unnamed "toxins" that Yo is trying to flush out with Epsom salt baths. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 16

How can Yoyo be that gullible?

I'm actually not surprised at how gullible she is. Her haughty personality doesn't allow her to admit that she is wrong or doesn't know or understand something. So, she doesn't believe that anyone could ever pull the wool over her eyes because she is too smart for it. That belief alone sets her up as an easy mark. 

• Love 11

This idiot reminds me of the people that drop dead because they purge every meal. I get the feeling that she googles her name and reads the posts, then puts out MORE propaganda thinking that she will show 'those naysayers'.

She is a FN vampire that gains her power from the 'negativity' people show her. She is going to make sure that people know she is ill.

Because she has a 'hidden disease' it makes it easier to go on with her charade.

She went on a public relations tear and stated that her spawn does have Lyme and they are also participating in some kind of 'super cleanse' regime....

• Love 4

What I find baffling is where Yolanda's high level of metal toxicity comes from?  Or what metals?  It has been three years now and I would think with her various treatments she would be free of metal toxicity-or it never existed or the treating docs have a very low set point. 

As far as Flint MI. residents, a true American tragedy.   One can only hope all suitable medical resources will be directed to the sufferers of this tragedy with Godspeed.   

• Love 5

What I find baffling is where Yolanda's high level of metal toxicity comes from? Or what metals? It has been three years now and I would think with her various treatments she would be free of metal toxicity-or it never existed or the treating docs have a very low set point.

As far as Flint MI. residents, a true American tragedy. One can only hope all suitable medical resources will be directed to the sufferers of this tragedy with Godspeed.

According to the article I posted waaaay back a particular lab in California was working in conjunction with the Lyme literate doctor and giving false positive test for heavy metals. I will try to find the name. Does the Instagram post of her lab results show the labs name? Omg I'm having an Meghan King Edmonds moment!! Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 14

According to the article I posted waaaay back a particular lab in California was working in conjunction with the Lyme literate doctor and giving false positive test for heavy metals. I will try to find the name. Does the Instagram post of her lab results show the labs name? Omg I'm having an Meghan King Edmonds moment!!

Take a DEEP BREATH, CALM DOWN! Unless you are NOW wearing a sparkly head band, you have NOT been infected with the dreaded MKE's disease! LOL Oh and IF you are wearing said head bands, run, don't walk, to the nearest emergency stylist/therapist close to you. LOL

• Love 8

What I find baffling is where Yolanda's high level of metal toxicity comes from?  Or what metals?  It has been three years now and I would think with her various treatments she would be free of metal toxicity-or it never existed or the treating docs have a very low set point. 

As far as Flint MI. residents, a true American tragedy.   One can only hope all suitable medical resources will be directed to the sufferers of this tragedy with Godspeed.

The doctor sells the heavy metal test kit

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/catalogs/practitioner-tools-5-15.pdf

• Love 8

One of many red flags: no references cited

not all toxins, or even all neurotoxins, are the same. Some kill rapidly whereas others are dealt with by the liver. What toxins are we talking about? My favorite toxin (lol, like I have a favorite) is tetrodotoxin.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5

Well, the people of Flint are suffering from lead poisoning and lead is a heavy metal, which is different from vague, unnamed "toxins" that Yo is trying to flush out with Epsom salt baths.

Your statement, "Our bodies do not store toxins" is simply untrue. In some cases, our natural detox systems can't handle the toxins (lead, Lyme, mold, etc.) - especially if there are genetic factors that impact methylation.
  • Love 2