Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

What I find baffling is where Yolanda's high level of metal toxicity comes from?  Or what metals?  It has been three years now and I would think with her various treatments she would be free of metal toxicity-or it never existed or the treating docs have a very low set point. 

As far as Flint MI. residents, a true American tragedy.   One can only hope all suitable medical resources will be directed to the sufferers of this tragedy with Godspeed.

What I've heard is that some people with Lyme have trouble getting rid of metals (like those coming from fillings) so they accumulate instead of naturally detoxing, but that wasn't an issue for me so I haven't researched it.

I saw a woman from Flint speaking about her family's health - each person had many horrible symptoms. Heartbreaking.

• Love 1

Your statement, "Our bodies do not store toxins" is simply untrue. In some cases, our natural detox systems can't handle the toxins (lead, Lyme, mold, etc.) - especially if there are genetic factors that impact methylation.

Yes, you're right.  I overstated that.  I should have qualified my meaning:  Our bodies do not store toxins that can be "flushed out" by Epsom salt and cleanses.

• Love 11

Your statement, "Our bodies do not store toxins" is simply untrue. In some cases, our natural detox systems can't handle the toxins (lead, Lyme, mold, etc.) - especially if there are genetic factors that impact methylation.

Toxins is a vague term imo. Anyway, there are biotoxins (biological toxins) and environmental toxins. A build up of Vitamin A in the body (stored in the body) can lead to toxic levels of it.

I was trying to find a way to describe layman's use of the word toxin (nontechnical use of the the word) since for example, you can think of Vitamin A as a toxin when you have excessive amounts of it. But it isn't really (technically) a toxin but it dangerous at high doses (can be stored in the body and excessive amounts of it can adversely affect one's health. So when looking for ways to describe this, I found the following from Wiki (not the best reference source but it's good enough for this):

"In the context of quack and alternative medicine the term "toxin" is used to refer to any substance supposed to cause ill health. This could range anywhere from trace amounts of potentially dangerous pesticides to safe food ingredients such as table sugar or controversial food additives such as monosodium glutamate, splenda and aspartame.[23]"

• Love 7

Here's an article that explains it pretty well, published by a medical group in California that no doubt will be snarked about here - but those of us who have recovered learned to deal with neurotoxins, so I hope some lurker will benefit from the info.

http://www.gordonmedical.com/unravelling-complex-chronic-illness/neurotoxic-disorders-reactivity-to-lyme-coinfections-molds-and-petrochemicals/

I'm so glad you recovered.  I think what it comes down to is that Lyme and other bacteria can cause a huge amount of damage.  And we don't fully know what that damage is all about.  I do think the immune system plays a serious role in all this.  I kind of liken it to HPV.  Some immune systems can kill it.  Others don't.  It persists and becomes dysplasia and in some cases, cancer.  In the case of Lyme and other tick born bacteria and toxins, that person's particular immune system has a hard time fighting and suppressing it. 

We've got a lot to learn when it comes to tick born bacteria just like we had a lot to learn about the causes of Cervical Cancer fifteen years ago.  It's just unfortunate that Yo has declared herself the face of Lyme.  She's more harmful than helpful.  And her ulterior motive is to give herself fame. 

Hopefully the legitimate doctors who are dedicating themselves to the science of Lyme will come up with answers and eventually will develope a vaccination against the disease, just as the drug companies have developed a pretty successful vaccination for HPV.  I also hope that there will be more proven treatment for people who are suffering from post Lyme symptoms. 

• Love 7

I'm actually not surprised at how gullible she is. Her haughty personality doesn't allow her to admit that she is wrong or doesn't know or understand something. So, she doesn't believe that anyone could ever pull the wool over her eyes because she is too smart for it. That belief alone sets her up as an easy mark. 

That's exactly it.  She really thinks she's far more intelligent and savvy than she actually is.  He mind is open only to things she wants to hear, and she easily &  quickly rejects everything else.  Her overblown sense of superiority is really showing itself loud and clear.

ETA I did listen to Brandi's podcast with Jill Zarin, where the comments (asides really) about Yo being asked to come back, coaxed, whatever, were made.

I tend to believe Brandi.

1.  The show was already losing Brandi and Kim, I don't think they wanted to lose 3 established housewives in one season.

2.  What we are seeing on the show.  According to Brandi, she was told she didn't have to film much, and could do it on her schedule, as her health permitted.

I don't think anyone here is saying that Bravo didn't try to sign Yolanda on for another season.  That's not difficult to believe. The issue (for me, at least) is that Brandi claimed Yolanda really didn't want to do it, thereby making an excuse for her.

Yolanda easily could have opted out.   No matter how much they twisted her arm or threw promises at her, it was completely in her power to say no.  Resorting to childish, "But mommy, he MADE me do it!" tactics is ridiculous.  It's damage control, intended as a response to all the people who were wondering why someone so ill would sign on for another season.  The fact is that she did sign on, and Bravo should not be taking the blame for a choice that she made.  Yolanda as victim is really getting tiresome.

If she really didn't want to film, she would have said, "Thanks, but no thanks.  I have to concentrate on getting well".  But she did sign on and she seems to be filming more than ever.  Personally, I think being on this show is something she wanted very much.  No matter what kind of contractual talks went on behind the scenes, I have no doubt that she was counting on being on this season.  It's a fabulous showcase for her, and that's what she's all about.

• Love 15

Is Yolanda planning to test market her own line of detoxing superfood regimen?  Reading the comments it appears as if someone named Elissa Goodman has already developed that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBQDD4pos7G/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

Is this what she is referring to in her Bravo Blahg this week?

"As my health and brain function slowly improve, I'm having creative visions that I am eager to unleash. The discoveries I've had to make along the way these past four years will lead to something amazing. I hope to share this with all of you, so we can be the change we want to see in the world."

Or maybe this is the book she is (threatening us with) planning to unleash?

People say that she can't be compared to Brooks because she has nothing to gain from her lies but I think it's just a matter of time. I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I am beginning to suspect that she is no better than Brooks and Vicki.

Yes, I am going there.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 17

Is Yolanda planning to test market her own line of detoxing superfood regimen? Reading the comments it appears as if someone named Elissa Goodman has already developed that.

"As my health and brain function slowly improve, I'm having creative visions that I am eager to unleash. The discoveries I've had to make along the way these past four years will lead to something amazing. I hope to share this with all of you, so we can be the change we want to see in the world."

Or maybe this is the book she is (threatening us with) planning to unleash?

People say that she can't be compared to Brooks because she has nothing to gain from her lies but I think it's just a matter of time. I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I am beginning to suspect that she is no better than Brooks and Vicki.

Yes, I am going there.

Another fucking cleanse? Shouldn't her insides be super clean by now?
  • Love 9

The quotey thing won't work.

"Another fucking cleanse? Shouldn't her insides be super clean by now?"

We have yet to see some sort of hair cleanse.

You know, to get rid of all of those nasty hair toxins.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7

The quotey thing won't work.

"Another fucking cleanse? Shouldn't her insides be super clean by now?"

We have yet to see some sort of hair cleanse.

You know, to get rid of all of those nasty hair toxins.

When she shaves her head, I'll LMFAO.....She'll look like a cross between Yul Brenner and Patrick Stewart?

QUICK someone tweeter her with some kind of story about hair being bad for people with Lyme?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 8

I don't often read the blogs unless they are posted here ( my iPad hates the bravo site) but I did read Yo's and wondered of her new endeavor was the book she is threatening to write.....holy hell if she is going to market some cleanse I'm going to loose my shit! Ha Ha it's a joke, but not really.

• Love 9

Is Yolanda planning to test market her own line of detoxing superfood regimen?  Reading the comments it appears as if someone named Elissa Goodman has already developed that.

Or maybe this is the book she is (threatening us with) planning to unleash?

Yes, I am going there.

She is WAY WORSE than Brooks! Look at all the misinformation (which she presents as facts) she spreads and her advocacy (with a huge social platform) of nontraditional "treatments". She is a public health threat! Not many people have heard of Brooks compared to YoWoe.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 7

My thoughts on Yolanda.  I think she started out with whatever, and after not finding the answer that provided an immediate cure, she sought out chalatans (maybe not intentionally) that would provide her with a script and take in every malady she complained of.  I think Yolanda was overwhelmed when she first arrived and expected as the newly wed Mrs. David Foster, with 16 Grammys on the piano, she would be the one holding court.  "Who is Adrienne Maloof?", was a big clue to me.  I think Yolanda figured her ex was richer (probably not) and she was married to the oh so famous and connected David Foster and how dare these women not pay proper homage.  By the time the show aired, every misstep could be easily explained away with just a simple Lyme Disease.  After weeks of indoctrination into the wide, wide world of Lyme Disease, Yolanda found her everything excuse.  If she didn't want to travel with David, it was the Lyme. (I honestly think Yolanda was probably torn between leaving Gigi and even the non-Gigis to don another designer frock and strap in the platinum hair extensions.)  If she didn't want another conversation like the one in Las Vegas, she would just cut people off blaming them for the rancor and dashing any hope of resolve and say "my jet is waiting", she does not allow others to finish their thoughts and she came in with little knowledge of the others and pre-conceived notions.

So either lack of knowledge, lack of intelligence or maybe a personality flaw where she is quick to judgments and light on listening, Yolanda found the perfect cover for all her shortcomings Lyme Disease.  People in white coats have a profound ability to heal and they also can read people.  I just believe these quacks with their little bit of crazy and big egos told Yolanda anything she wanted hear.  Bella acts out-Lyme disease, Anwar doesn't get a starting position on the team-Lyme Disease.

Most of all she now wants to be the face of Lyme Disease.  When that was not enough and people began to question her quest for the cure she became the beautiful face of invisible diseases (she really is getting an award for this affliction this month) sufferers everywhere.  According to Brandi, who I believe, (whew, no lightening struck my house) Yolanda goes the entire season without make-up.  So to Mr. or Mrs. Wasp in, Connecticut, that both work and have 2.5 children and one suffers from Lyme and the all the bad things non physical things that go with a chronic illness, inability to earn, medical bills and isolation, Yolanda selling all these "cures to nowhere" should be offensive and very frustrating.  I think Lyme Disease sufferers much like Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, sufferers before them have a hard time getting their invisible diseases out there.  My guess is commercials for Lyrica (such a pretty name for a drug) brought more awareness to Fibromyalgia because if there is a prescription drug it must be a real thing--right?  I think Yolanda wants to be the next Lyrica-but that would mean she would have to get well.

(I totally believe in Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia and was acquainted with people years ago who were diagnosed and felt the side eye from others that thought they were faking it.)  I also believe in Lyme Disease, I just don't think it is at the heart of Yolanda's problems.

• Love 8

I'm so glad you recovered.  I think what it comes down to is that Lyme and other bacteria can cause a huge amount of damage.  And we don't fully know what that damage is all about.  I do think the immune system plays a serious role in all this.  I kind of liken it to HPV.  Some immune systems can kill it.  Others don't.  It persists and becomes dysplasia and in some cases, cancer.  In the case of Lyme and other tick born bacteria and toxins, that person's particular immune system has a hard time fighting and suppressing it. 

We've got a lot to learn when it comes to tick born bacteria just like we had a lot to learn about the causes of Cervical Cancer fifteen years ago.  It's just unfortunate that Yo has declared herself the face of Lyme.  She's more harmful than helpful.  And her ulterior motive is to give herself fame. 

Hopefully the legitimate doctors who are dedicating themselves to the science of Lyme will come up with answers and eventually will develope a vaccination against the disease, just as the drug companies have developed a pretty successful vaccination for HPV.  I also hope that there will be more proven treatment for people who are suffering from post Lyme symptoms.

Anyone with a chronic disease should have genetic testing imo - a lot of research has been done on some genes already, and there are things we can do to counteract what's known as mutations or snps that impact our health in lots of ways. Very soon everyone will have testing at birth - so babies finally will come with an instruction manual of sorts!
  • Love 3

One of the most dangerous 'side effects' about medicine these days is the internet.

​It's a wonderful place for physicians/docs/healthcare providers to get information about illnesses and diseases, but it can be a dangerous place if you are one of the many people who 'self diagnose' or are susceptible to suggestion?

Yoyo's problem is that she knows more than any doctor/MD/physician - she lives it, had read about it and specializes in it.

Yoyo is the WORST KIND of person to be the face of anything. Imagine losing a loved one who falls for some of the twattery she is spouting? I can see people overdosing on vitamin C or having so many colonics their rectum prolapses?

I wonder at what point the Lyme Foundation will realize that she is more of a hindrance than a help?

• Love 10

If, by some chance we all go to hell for laughing?

When you walk in, look to the left. I will be there at the first table - with drinks - welcoming the rest of the gang!

I like Scotch. please.  I will set up the snack table next to you with finger sandwiches.  

• Love 9

I like Scotch. please.  I will set up the snack table next to you with finger sandwiches.  

I was going to load up on margaritas, but it depends on the availability of 'lymes' in hell?

But, I stand firm on NO LEMON BASED DRINKS, at all!

• Love 7

Dr Allan Steere discovered Lyme disease. Guess which movement tried to destroy him? He ended up requiring a level of security similar to that required for potential Unabomber targets.

This poor man.

It reminds me of the documentary How to Survive a Plague https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Survive_a_Plague

Which was about the successful activism in the early days of HIV/AIDS. The difference is the government and the medical community isn't ignoring them ( self proclaimed chronic Lymes sufferers) they are simply saying this isn't the disease you have. Who knows ,perhaps they all have a yet to be discovered illness , that will be common knowledge 10 years from now. But bullying the medical community into giving you an unwarranted diagnosis and giving you unneeded treatment is not the way to go.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 7

This poor man.

It reminds me of the documentary How to Survive a Plague https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Survive_a_Plague

Which was about the successful activism in the early days of HIV/AIDS. The difference is the government and the medical community isn't ignoring them, they are simply saying this isn't the disease you have. Who knows ,perhaps they all have a yet to be discovered illness , that will be common knowledge 10 years from now. But bullying the medical community into giving you an unwarranted diagnosis and giving you unneeded treatment is not the way to go.

I hate to sound old, but back in the day, before AIDS/HIV was 'discovered', people were admitted to the hospital where I worked with the diagnosis of "F.U.O." Fever of an Unknown Origin. They didn't know anything about this new sickness.

When the medical community began to see a pattern of who was getting sick, the joke was that you had to be a black, Haitian, gay, IV drug user to become infected. Then the reality of HOW it was transmitted - bodily fluids and it wasn't  'just' a Haitian/gay/IV drug user sickness?

People sat up and began to notice.....AIDS is an insidious disease that is ugly and ravages the person and the people around them - our treatment and control have improved over the years.

Lyme isn't transmitted between people so, in a sense, there is no hurry to find an answer or to find a 'cure'?  And since it is so hard to really isolate the illness, it may be a while before we get any answers and until then?

People like yoyo may be doing more harm to the cause, than then do to help it.

• Love 4

I hate to sound old, but back in the day, before AIDS/HIV was 'discovered', people were admitted to the hospital where I worked with the diagnosis of "F.U.O." Fever of an Unknown Origin. They didn't know anything about this new sickness.

When the medical community began to see a pattern of who was getting sick, the joke was that you had to be a black, Haitian, gay, IV drug user to become infected. Then the reality of HOW it was transmitted - bodily fluids and it wasn't  'just' a Haitian/gay/IV drug user sickness?

People sat up and began to notice.....AIDS is an insidious disease that is ugly and ravages the person and the people around them - our treatment and control have improved over the years.

Lyme isn't transmitted between people so, in a sense, there is no hurry to find an answer or to find a 'cure'?  And since it is so hard to really isolate the illness, it may be a while before we get any answers and until then?

And there is no money to fund research nor will  there be.  Same thing with migraines, there will never be a cure because the number of those who have them are not high enough.  Horses of a different color but money a common denominator.  

• Love 1

Your post reminded me of something I wanted to say when we were talking about Yo's AIDs comments.  Although she should have never compared LD to AIDS the way she did, I think I know what she was/is trying to convey.  And also why I just can't joke about how or why or what she's sick with. Like you said, when AIDS was first diagnosed, the 'joke' was only on the gays. Doctors who treated AIDS patients got death threats. Then the Haitians and then IV drug users were diagnosed.  And hemophiliacs. And babies from infected mothers. And whaddayaknow, heterosexual women. 

Lots of misunderstanding and jokes in the beginning but when I think of how ostracized the gays were in the beginning and how they suffered....That was a scary time. I don't know what Yo has. I know she's the butt of jokes.  But I think her brain has been damaged by something. Combine that with her need to be the center of attention and it's the perfect storm of tomfuckery.  I hope she finds a fix for whatever is ailing her.  But her brain is so scrambled that she can't do it alone.  And then you have the quacks and Bravo who are trying to capitalize on her mental/physical illness along with her need for attention and the $$ and Boom.  Perfect storm.

• Love 3

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=Lymes&Search=Search

If Yo really wants to help people she should sign up for a clinical trail.

In a former life my hubby did clinical research at the NIH. Part of his job was getting samples from various people around the world who had spontaneous remission of cancer. He said they would roll out the red carpet for these folks and treat them like rock stars although the had no idea what they were looking for or if it ever would yield any results .35 years later Genome therapy for cancer is the result. The scientific method is slow and cumbersome but for now it's the best method we have.

• Love 7

And there is no money to fund research nor will  there be.  Same thing with migraines, there will never be a cure because the number of those who have them are not high enough.  Horses of a different color but money a common denominator.

Just wanted to add that there are plenty of migranes studies too at that site. If you are accepted they pay for all of your cost including travel. It worth taking a look
  • Love 2

I don't doubt Yolanda is sick, I just don't think there's any evidence that Lyme disease, after all the treatments she's tried, is the cause. And considering all the Lyme disease treatments she has tried, with very limited improvement, Lyme disease is probably not what's making her sick.

• Love 7

I don't doubt Yolanda is sick, I just don't think there's any evidence that Lyme disease, after all the treatments she's tried, is the cause. And considering all the Lyme disease treatments she has tried, with very limited improvement, Lyme disease is probably not what's making her sick.

Maybe.  No one knows what's made her sick. Including her.  But sick she is. And sounds like she's going to try every cock and bull remedy there is to try to feel better. 

I've been reading up on Gardasil.  So many teens getting deathly ill, allegedly, from this vaccine.  The one I was reading about was originally diagnosed with Lyme.  All the various treatments for that didn't work.  The parents went to dr. after dr. trying to find out what was wrong with their daughter.  She had all the same symptoms as Yolanda (a foot long tapeworm wasn't mentioned, though.).  My point....I think Yo was originally diagnosed with Lyme.  And maybe that was correct.  I agree that she's probably done further damage with all the treatments she's had and the snake oil she's ingested.  But she's going to keep going.  Because that's what you do when you're chronically ill. Or you give up.  She's going far and beyond where a normal sick person might go for a cure because she's got the means.  And she's also not normal - she's got 40% brain damage and a dollop of narcissism that prevents her from just going away to privately find a cure without all the cameras further clouding her vision.

I just find it all very sad.

• Love 3

Lots of misunderstanding and jokes in the beginning but when I think of how ostracized the gays were in the beginning and how they suffered....That was a scary time. I don't know what Yo has. I know she's the butt of jokes.  But I think her brain has been damaged by something. Combine that with her need to be the center of attention and it's the perfect storm of tomfuckery.  I hope she finds a fix for whatever is ailing her.  But her brain is so scrambled that she can't do it alone.  And then you have the quacks and Bravo who are trying to capitalize on her mental/physical illness along with her need for attention and the $$ and Boom.  Perfect storm.

There are many people who are afflicted with a disease, (Michael J Fox?), rally and then become RESPONSIBLE voices for the fundraising, research and treatments.

MoFoYoFo has become the butt of many jokes and of our ire because of the unconventional, unproven and dangerous path she has taken to try and 'treat' whatever she may have.

Her illness, corporal or mental, isn't an obvious one.

My mom died of breast cancer - the doctor said it was a treatable cancer, and she would have lived longer had she been more proactive in getting a mammogram and following up on it.

With yoyo? She says that she has been to doctors and they can't give her a cure. Well, instead of trying to live a normal life and trying to eat and live healthy, she is bathing in Epsom salts, drinking lemonade, getting her colon washed and eating more pills than Carter will ever see in a year of production.

There are cures and then there is the management of an illness. When you can't be cured, you manage and to do that you need to speak to a REAL doctor and get plan of action that allow you to live a normal as possible life.

As I have said in the past? Yo, in her position as the face of LD, is a joke and if the people running the foundation agree and prop her and her 'cures and treatments' up they deserve any derision they get.

Being sick isn't anything to laugh at, Being stupid?

I think all bets are off........

• Love 15

Well, instead of trying to live a normal life and trying to eat and live healthy, she is bathing in Epsom salts, drinking lemonade, getting her colon washed and eating more pills than Carter will ever see in a year of production.

I hear what you're saying EDE.  But we don't know that she didn't try to live a normal life before she went off her rocker. She seemed normal enough in the first season or two - albeit often mean and narcissistic, but no more so than any of the other HWs. But she's different now.  Something is wrong in her head. David finally realized it and he couldn't cut it.  I suspect that's why he bailed. 

There are many people who are afflicted with a disease, (Michael J Fox?), rally and then become RESPONSIBLE voices for the fundraising, research and treatments.

We can't compare anyone's reaction to an illness to anyone else's.  It's like saying all people grieve the same. They don't. And being diagnosed with something serious - physical and mental requires a grieving process. 

That's why I wish Yo would go away.  She, like Mike J Fox have grieved/are grieving what they thought their lives would be.  By continuing to put herself up to be laughed at and scrutinized can not be helping her. Someone who loves her should try to get her to stop.  Maybe they have?  Maybe that's part of why My Love left.

• Love 4

Maybe.  No one knows what's made her sick. Including her.  But sick she is. And sounds like she's going to try every cock and bull remedy there is to try to feel better. 

I've been reading up on Gardasil.  So many teens getting deathly ill, allegedly, from this vaccine.  The one I was reading about was originally diagnosed with Lyme.  All the various treatments for that didn't work.  The parents went to dr. after dr. trying to find out what was wrong with their daughter.  She had all the same symptoms as Yolanda (a foot long tapeworm wasn't mentioned, though.).  My point....I think Yo was originally diagnosed with Lyme.  And maybe that was correct.  I agree that she's probably done further damage with all the treatments she's had and the snake oil she's ingested.  But she's going to keep going.  Because that's what you do when you're chronically ill. Or you give up.  She's going far and beyond where a normal sick person might go for a cure because she's got the means.  And she's also not normal - she's got 40% brain damage and a dollop of narcissism that prevents her from just going away to privately find a cure without all the cameras further clouding her vision.

According to Yolanda, she was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome here in the US, didn't like the meds they put her on and then went to Belgium and was diagnosed having LD by a very questionable Dr. there. After all the treatments she has been on, including IV antibiotic therapy, nothing has worked so why didn't she/hasn't she questioned her LD diagnosis?  IMO, it is because she wants to be THE face/warrior of something/anything and this illness, LD, has given it to her.

Anyone interested in hearing it from her own lips, about the CFS/LD, all you have to do is Google Yolanda/FOX interview.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10

How ironic.  This just popped up on my news feed. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-zika-dallas-report-idUSKCN0VB2CQ

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35459797

Experts are worried that the virus is spreading far and fast, with devastating consequences.

What does this have to do with Yolanda?  Nothing. Except if someone would've told the those new mothers 6 months ago that their babies would be born with incomplete brain development because of a mosquito bite, they would've probably thought that was ridiculous, too.  And maybe, even after they came to believe that, when they tried to explain that to their friends and families what the cause could be, they might've been laughed at.  Or thought to be having a break from reality.  Until now.  4,000 babies since October.  1st case in Dallas this week.  1st case in Los Angeles, too, - that they know of.  And it's spread sexually?  Yikes.

What does this have to do with Yolanda?  Nothing.  Except if someone would've told the those new mothers 6 months ago that their babies would be born with incomplete brain development because of a mosquito bite, they would've probably thought that was ridiculous, too.

You're right, because there was actual science used to diagnose the women, and a lot of time was spent researching the actual cause and proving what was happening.  And as far as I can tell, these poor women for the most part had no idea what had happened until their babies were born.  And again, no one on this thread has ever disputed that Lyme exists or that it can be spread AND be devastating health-wise.  I don't recall seeing any of those who have shared their stories being disbelieved about how they contracted it.

So...yeah, I'm seeing no connection whatsoever to Yolanda's situation.  Now, if some scam artist starts trying to sell them lemon cleanses claiming that they just need to detox to get rid of all of the poison that's affecting them, then, yeah, maybe then it might relate.

• Love 10

Oh, a memory here. Early 80's I was admitted to the hospital with FOU & Isolation posted on the board by my room number. I saw it and told them that I didn't want to share a room with that person. Yep, me. Doctor came in and said that they thought it was one of three things that they had tested for but I had the one that was the least serious. Hey! I had hepatitis from I'm pretty sure a shrimp cocktail or some scallop fettuccini I'd had. The other thing they tested for was Aids. 1980s, things where getting real...

Seems like there are some serious bug bite infections currently coming into the light.

eta: spelling counts

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 3

Nexxie, if I've been uncompassionate I really do apologize (not in a Faye way, LOL). I think Yolanda's doctor is a quack and I'm bothered by the sick selfie with Bella--but I think Yo is suffering and not trying to run an elaborate years spanning hustle for attention and maximum divorce proceedings. Whether or not she literally spent a year in bed, or says no makeup when she means less makeup, I don't believe she's intentionally making anything up.

I do wonder if now that she had her implants removed she's not being too slavish to the Chronic Lyme idea when she had (IMO) silicon toxicity causing the lion's share of her problems.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

I hear what you're saying EDE.  But we don't know that she didn't try to live a normal life before she went off her rocker. She seemed normal enough in the first season or two - albeit often mean and narcissistic, but no more so than any of the other HWs. But she's different now.  Something is wrong in her head. David finally realized it and he couldn't cut it.  I suspect that's why he bailed. 

I don't think she's different now, and I never thought she seemed "normal enough".  IMO she was extremely condescending and totally convinced of her own superiority right out of the gate.  And far more mean and narcissistic than the other women.  When she wasn't talking about how fabulous she was at being a mother, a wife, a hostess, a cook, a decorator, ad nauseum, all she did was lecture and judge.  Being viewed as the wise, worldly woman who was an expert on everything seemed to be her goal.  She craved attention and admiration, and all of that showed in everything she did.  I always thought it was obvious that she thought she was more interesting than any of them.  And she still does.

I'm not at all convinced that she has "Lyme brain" or anything else, and I don't think she's all that different now than she's been all along.  She's still singing her own praises, and she's still self-centered and judgmental, same as she's always been.  Every selfie, every tweet, and every interview is very carefully calculated.  She knows exactly what she's saying and she knows exactly what she's doing.

She probably really was/is sick, but I am convinced that a whole lot of this has been greatly, greatly exaggerated.

• Love 21

IMO she was extremely condescending and totally convinced of her own superiority right out of the gate.  And far more mean and narcissistic than the other women.

I agree with you that she's all those things.  But even when I thought she was at her worst - LisaV's vow renewal, hearts on placecards - she was never as mean as Camille her first season, or Brandi or Faye, imo.

I have to say that I'm gobsmacked to see that mentally ill Yolanda is viewed as more evil than Faye Resnick.  Is this the world we live in?? LOL

• Love 2

You entirely missed my point.  For a long time they didn't know why these babies were born with microcephaly.  Most times the road to diagnosis and cure is a curvy one.  With lots of misconception and ignorance along the way.

While it is true that the road to discovering what causes an illness and then how to treat it while working for a cure takes time, a long time, it also takes science, legit science. Not some voodoo quack selling who knows what unregulated, untested, unproven, pills/powders/colonics/ect. Sadly, Yolanda has chosen to align herself with the voodoo quacks instead of science. She has chosen to ignore her initial diagnosis because she did not like taking the medications and hearing she may have to adjust her lifestyle, so instead she went to a very questionable Dr. in Belgium and got a different diagnosis. I do think she WAS sick but I also feel that she refuses to acknowledge most of her illness was related to the silicone and possibly to menopause.  YMMV

• Love 11

I think Lyme is complicated.  Yo DID say she was on AB for 90 days at first. 

That's just one of the problems with Lyme though.  It SEEMS from what I've read, that if you catch it right away, for example, are lucky enough to actually have the little sucker bite you in an area that's visible and see the bulls eye marker, the heavy and rather long dose of AB may cure you, or at least greatly reduce the symptoms.

The ticks found on me, every time?  Were embedded in my hairline at the base of the neck.  Someone else found them, not me.  I did have a bulls eye one my forearm a few years ago.  My doctor poo poo'd it and put me on AB for 10 days.  I trusted that doctor.  I regret that now.  I AM more aware now, especially with my (soon to be a neuro PhD) friend has a definite diagnosis, which, has taken about a year and a half.  At first they suspected brain issues, and she had appointments and batteries of tests from both a neurosurgeon and neurologist (separately.)  Her GP then sent her to allergists, oh hell, too many doctors to name and she had even more tests.  Her lastest MD, an Internist that luckily has been involved with Lyme research at prestigious hospitals and studies, though that is not her specialty, really thought she had Lyme.  The first tests came back negative, but this doctor knew that Lyme, long term Lyme, can hide.  She had her on Doxy for a really long time, did the blot test again, and there is was.  Because of her interest, she knew about that test possibly coming up after the long-term Doxy.  Do most doctors have a clue about that?  I'd guess no.

At this point my friend wishes it were anything BUT Lyme, because of the attitude of most traditional MD's about it, and because she's smart enough to know that they really have no "cure."  She's hopeful, because her doctor is, but that's it.

I think we will see a lot more about Lyme in the future, from the legitimate publications that have show a significant rise and spreading of ticks carrying Lyme in the world, and specifically for us, in the USA. 

I'm...just not seeing what it has to do with the current discussion, since again, no one doubts Lyme and the effects that it has.

Many doubt it, including a large number in the medical community. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

nc Socialworker, I read that article you got in the email. Did the author say which publication they were going to send it to? It was very informative, I was able to follow exactly what is going on in the Lyme world [diagnosis, testing, insurance, research, etc] [complete with footnotes documenting their assertions!]. The author clearly made a case that there is too much misinformation being put forth, from quacks, patients, and reporters writing stories. Thanks for posting the article.

t

Thanks I thought it was a great article too. It will be posted on their websitehttp://www.aldf.com. I'm not sure if it's going to be published elsewhere.

• Love 6

Initially I hoped that Yo would not be part of this season because her sickness bored me.  Well, no more!  I say more Yo!  I want to watch her continue to weave this fantastical story.  And watch the cast become annoyed and start to act up about it..  Come on Rinna, you can do this!   Scotch and cucumber sandwiches await you in hell with us! 

• Love 6

That's just one of the problems with Lyme though.  It SEEMS from what I've read, that if you catch it right away, for example, are lucky enough to actually have the little sucker bite you in an area that's visible and see the bulls eye marker, the heavy and rather long dose of AB may cure you, or at least greatly reduce the symptoms.

The ticks found on me, every time?  Were embedded in my hairline at the base of the neck.  Someone else found them, not me.  I did have a bulls eye one my forearm a few years ago.  My doctor poo poo'd it and put me on AB for 10 days.  I trusted that doctor.  I regret that now.  I AM more aware now, especially with my (soon to be a neuro PhD) friend has a definite diagnosis, which, has taken about a year and a half.  At first they suspected brain issues, and she had appointments and batteries of tests from both a neurosurgeon and neurologist (separately.)  Her GP then sent her to allergists, oh hell, too many doctors to name and she had even more tests.  Her lastest MD, an Internist that luckily has been involved with Lyme research at prestigious hospitals and studies, though that is not her specialty, really thought she had Lyme.  The first tests came back negative, but this doctor knew that Lyme, long term Lyme, can hide.  She had her on Doxy for a really long time, did the blot test again, and there is was.  Because of her interest, she knew about that test possibly coming up after the long-term Doxy.  Do most doctors have a clue about that?  I'd guess no.

At this point my friend wishes it were anything BUT Lyme, because of the attitude of most traditional MD's about it, and because she's smart enough to know that they really have no "cure."  She's hopeful, because her doctor is, but that's it.

I think we will see a lot more about Lyme in the future, from the legitimate publications that have show a significant rise and spreading of ticks carrying Lyme in the world, and specifically for us, in the USA. 

Many doubt it, including a large number in the medical community. 

Yolanda got the IV antibiotic therapy AFTER she was diagnosed by the Dr, in Belgium. She was initially diagnosed with CFS, NOT LD by legit Dr.'s here in the US but rejected THAT diagnosis and sought another in Europe/Belgium.

​Nowhere have I read that any Dr, anywhere doesn't believe that LD exists! Part of the problem is that without the "bulls eye" rash showing they were in fact bitten by an infected deer tick (and not all deer ticks are infected) the symptoms of LD are very, very similar to other diseases such as CFS. AND if a patient tests negative for LD, why would you treat them FOR LD?

• Love 7

I agree with you that she's all those things.  But even when I thought she was at her worst - LisaV's vow renewal, hearts on placecards - she was never as mean as Camille her first season, or Brandi or Faye, imo.

I have to say that I'm gobsmacked to see that mentally ill Yolanda is viewed as more evil than Faye Resnick.  Is this the world we live in?? LOL

Honestly if Yo came out as an advocate for silicone breast implant removal , I would be all for it . I think she has unwittingly provoked a lot of interesting and educational discussions on that topic. Plus the naked selfies would make more sense. It's just the fact this she is supporting this junk science that irritates me. As a person ,she is par for the course for a housewife, worse then some better then others. I certainly don't hate her but I really dislike her doctor.
  • Love 10

Yes, mentally ill people and people who are sick make for a sad situation. Whether YoFo is mentally ill or is really suffering from LD is questionable. As for the bolded part, YoFo stated in the Fox interview that I posted on the previous page that she was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome here in the U.S. She wasn't wanting to accept what the doctors told her to do. She didn't want to curtail her lifestyle, eat differently, and all the other things she was advised to do. Instead, she flies to Belgium and finds Dr. Klingon who tells her what she wants to hear - she has LD.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Yolanda got the IV antibiotic therapy AFTER she was diagnosed by the Dr, in Belgium. She was initially diagnosed with CFS, NOT LD by legit Dr.'s here in the US but rejected THAT diagnosis and sought another in Europe/Belgium.

​Nowhere have I read that any Dr, anywhere doesn't believe that LD exists! Part of the problem is that without the "bulls eye" rash showing they were in fact bitten by an infected deer tick (and not all deer ticks are infected) the symptoms of LD are very, very similar to other diseases such as CFS. AND if a patient tests negative for LD, why would you treat them FOR LD?

Well, in my friend's case, she probably was bitten years before, SHE tested negative for Lyme, her doctor treated for Lyme with Doxy, then RE-tested her, and there it was.

I don't know enough about Lyme to know.  I'm glad her doctor did.

For me, my doctor poo-poo'd me, "oh, Lyme, it's no big deal and probably unlikely but here's 10 days of Doxy to shut you up."  (After I said, if the bulls eye really IS Lyme, just in case, what should we do?)  So, no, I think many doctors dismiss Lyme, and the symptoms.

• Love 1

Well, in my friend's case, she probably was bitten years before, SHE tested negative for Lyme, her doctor treated for Lyme with Doxy, then RE-tested her, and there it was.

I don't know enough about Lyme to know.  I'm glad her doctor did.

For me, my doctor poo-poo'd me, "oh, Lyme, it's no big deal and probably unlikely but here's 10 days of Doxy to shut you up."  (After I said, if the bulls eye really IS Lyme, just in case, what should we do?)  So, no, I think many doctors dismiss Lyme, and the symptoms.

Not all Dr.s are GOOD Dr.s to begin with, maybe your Dr. was just a lazy/incompetent Dr. to begin with. Sadly, there are enough of the bad ones (Dr.s that is) to give all Dr.s  and the overall medical community hard time.

• Love 2

As time goes on, we are seeing the world of science (or as JP says, SCIENCE, BITCHES!!!) Is taking us to doors we still have to open.

The key is (Pun Intended) how long do we stand in front of that door before we break it down?

Money, research and someone who is interested enough to try and find a answer is what we need. Sometimes throwing money at a problem - money buys the GenModded mosquitos being raised to combat Zika  - the labs that do the research and the people who are doing the science?

Everyone knows the names of the simpletons that win Best Whatever during the award season, but Fuck science, researchers and the schools. Until we need them?

There are people in the United States who don't have insurance and are ill, and the ill with insurance who because of stupid rules, laws, or costs cannot afford to see a specialist to help them.

Yo does and have to means to see the best doctors in the land, but instead chooses people with questionable credentials and motives? It does come down to credibility and when you choose to lose that?

• Love 10

Initially I hoped that Yo would not be part of this season because her sickness bored me.  Well, no more!  I say more Yo!  I want to watch her continue to weave this fantastical story.  And watch the cast become annoyed and start to act up about it..  Come on Rinna, you can do this!  

I think you'll get your wish about Yo staying.  She's trending.  And there's nothing Bravo likes better than a HW that brings the drama, discussion and derision.  I don't want to see her back and I don't even have half the bad feelings about her as some of you.  JUST GO AWAY, Yo.  If she stops talking about her illness(es) and I get to see more NYC lifestyle from her daughters' POV she can stay.

Unfortunately for you, I think Rinna saw the errors of her ways the minute she said 'Munchausen' and starts worming her way onto Team Yolanda tonight.  My guess is that LisaV soon heads up the Yolanda Hate Train and is surprised when no one joins her.  I believe everyone else is ready for the Lisa pile up and in addition, they don't want to be seen as the HW that bullies the sick one.

• Love 4