Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hi, I just joined the site so I could comment on the whole Kelly/Michael thing. I must admit, I don't get why she was so outraged.  It's  not appropriate for ABC execs. to discuss anything with her about Michael until the deal is done.  I just can't picture how that conversation would go, much less be any better.  

"Hi, Kelly, we really need Michael over at GMA and are going to pay him a lot more money.  How do you feel about that?"  "Absolutely not!  You can't move him or pay him more money."  "Oh, Okay."  

As soon as the negotiations are done seems to be the exact right time to tell her.  AND, they told her 3 months before he was leaving!!!  

I just don't get it.  And her hissy fit is not flattering to her.  

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

Hi, I just joined the site so I could comment on the whole Kelly/Michael thing. I must admit, I don't get why she was so outraged.  It's  not appropriate for ABC execs. to discuss anything with her about Michael until the deal is done.  I just can't picture how that conversation would go, much less be any better.  

"Hi, Kelly, we really need Michael over at GMA and are going to pay him a lot more money.  How do you feel about that?"  "Absolutely not!  You can't move him or pay him more money."  "Oh, Okay."  

As soon as the negotiations are done seems to be the exact right time to tell her.  AND, they told her 3 months before he was leaving!!!  

I just don't get it.  And her hissy fit is not flattering to her.  

Welcome aboard the Crazy Express ... find a seat ... make yourself comfortable!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought it was funny this morning, when they were talking about what they might do that would land them in jail. (Can't remember the topic that started the discussion). Anyway, Kelly was having a hard time imagining herself doing anything criminal.  All she could think of was maybe for waging a protest or strike against something and getting thrown in jail for it. I couldn't help but think about her protest and strike last week!

Edited by MzTori77
Typo
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, muffkins said:

I have an irrational love for Josh Groban, and would probably implode if he was co host.  I don't know if it would be a good or bad thing for me.

Definitely bad for me, because then I’d have to watch this show. Anderson Cooper would probably end up like Michael Strahan: like him, but not enough to endure Kelly Ripa to see him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I thought it was funny this morning, when they were talking about what they might do that would land them in hail. (Can't remember the topic that started the discussion). Anyway, Kelly was having a hard time imagining herself doing anything criminal.  All she could think of was maybe for waging a protest or strike against something and getting thrown in jail for it. I couldn't help but think about her protest and strike last week!

Well then, her mission was accomplished, though it tells me she's oblivious to how her little tantrum came across to most of the viewers. She may have enough sycophants telling her she's a brave warrior, and her bosses may have placated her with another infusion of undeserved cash until they figure out the future of the show, but the average working joe is going "oh, please, suck it up and get on with it."

• Love 5
On 4/30/2016 at 5:40 AM, brgjoe said:

First of all, let me thank the mod's for giving us a bit of leeway here to discuss this.  I think between the recent news about this show and the forum(s) being down for a bit, it's nice to be able to vent some of our feelings towards this topic.

Though this will be my last input on the matter.  I again don't see where Kelly should be in such a snit about the news.  Didn't Gelman find out about the same time?   And he essentially gave Kelly and the show FOUR MONTHS NOTICE.  Yes, I know he's leaving sooner now.  But at the time the news was released, he wasn't going to be leaving for several weeks...months!   That should have given Kelly plenty of time to "process the news".  I still don't see why she was SOOO upset about the way it was revealed to her that she had to skip work for a few days. 

And this stuff about her being there 26 years and feeling entitled to take those days doesn't fly with me either.  I have been at my job 27 years, and don't think they would take too kindly to me bolting for a few days to pout -- especially given such short notice.

Not impressed with her little speech at the start of Tuesday's show either.  It made it more about her, than Michael's leaving for a better position in the company.  I don't think she's handled this entire situation very well to this point.  It's almost like she's morphing into one of her soap opera characters. 

I saw someone comment somewhere else that Kelly deserved to know because she has been hosting so long and should even have input on how the news was broke. I was like what? She may have been hosting longer than him and makes a shit load more than him but ultimately she is still just an employee. She is not the owner of the company or the show and as important as she may think she is ultimately no one is irreplaceable. She has been over paid and pampered too long, in the real world her running off to vacation, and her shitty attitude would have gotten her fired and tossed on her ass in a hot minute. She ought to thank her lucky stars someone pays her jealous, bitter self that much. To me she has never been funny or entertaining. But to each their own.

• Love 19

Regarding Kelly and her religion- she showed pictures of Joaquin's confirmation in the Catholic Church. Her other children have been confirmed best I can remember. She has talked about going to Mass. On the other hand- definite tension between Kelly and Michael this morning. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Regarding Kelly and her religion- she showed pictures of Joaquin's confirmation in the Catholic Church. Her other children have been confirmed best I can remember. She has talked about going to Mass. On the other hand- definite tension between Kelly and Michael this morning. 

So glad I'm not the only one who noticed it!  There were so many instances this morning where I noticed both of them getting little digs in or kind of eye-rolling each other.  Then I think it's nothing, I'm just looking for signs of trouble where there are none. But this morning I think the tension was really there. Starting off with Michael talking about his weekend, how he screened a movie, he likes to invite "everybody......the staff and everybody else". Obviously Kelly wasn't part of his "everybody". Later, Kelly was talking about her weekend and how religion played a big part of their activities. She told the audience that she prayed for all of them and she "prayed for this show". Last thing I'll mention is that for the first time I can remember, Michael (I thought) took a couple of shots at Kelly's parenting - first over Lola claiming that the only alarm that wakes her up is her phone, and later, telling Kelly that she needs to let her kids figure it out on their own and not always tell them what to do (this in reference to her son Michael's ability to pick out a corsage for his prom date). I only watched host-chat, but I sure thought things were a little strained between them today.

• Love 2

I am born and raised Catholic...my father was a Roman Catholic priest when he came to this country from Ireland but left the priesthood because he wanted a family but for us Catholics , confirmation is a big deal...and we show it off. LOL

I love Fred...but "Live with Kelly & Fred" just doesn't have a ring to it...

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, 3pwood said:

Is she turning into Kathie Lee Gifford?

I've been lurking in this thread but reading your response made me glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything. Kathie Lee gets to do quite a bit of religion related stuff on her show with Hoda. I usually watch them if I'm up at 1am and switch the channel when those segments come on.

• Love 2
On May 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM, MzTori77 said:

So glad I'm not the only one who noticed it!  There were so many instances this morning where I noticed both of them getting little digs in or kind of eye-rolling each other.  Then I think it's nothing, I'm just looking for signs of trouble where there are none. But this morning I think the tension was really there. Starting off with Michael talking about his weekend, how he screened a movie, he likes to invite "everybody......the staff and everybody else". Obviously Kelly wasn't part of his "everybody". Later, Kelly was talking about her weekend and how religion played a big part of their activities. She told the audience that she prayed for all of them and she "prayed for this show". Last thing I'll mention is that for the first time I can remember, Michael (I thought) took a couple of shots at Kelly's parenting - first over Lola claiming that the only alarm that wakes her up is her phone, and later, telling Kelly that she needs to let her kids figure it out on their own and not always tell them what to do (this in reference to her son Michael's ability to pick out a corsage for his prom date). I only watched host-chat, but I sure thought things were a little strained between them today.

IMO, Michael was exactly right about her parenting.  And if she doesn't want commentary, don't use your kids for laughs.

• Love 6
(edited)

is-val-chmerkovskiy-a-candidate-to-host-http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121215/is-val-chmerkovskiy-a-candidate-to-host-live?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160510&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6694265

It's not that Chmerkovskiy is a terrible choice for the job, necessarily. There are just so many better candidates.

Chmerkovskiy definitely has a loyal following of fans and plenty of recognition. But we're not sure he has the personality to be a host on a show like Live! Chmerkovskiy can come off as a little bit arrogant to some, and especially when he's following in the footsteps of a natural host like Strahan, we can't help but wonder if those shoes are a little too big for Chmerkovskiy to fill — or, at least, fill as well as another celeb could.

Edited by ChiCricket
More info
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

To me it seems like they did a better job at "chemistry" today

Ha. I was coming to post the exact same thing.  I only record the first 10 minutes, but Monday was scary tense.  I suspect a few after-the-show discussions were had.  I don't watch the whole show, but are they even acknowledging that this is Michael's last week?  Will we get a "Best of Michael" clip show farewell episode on Friday? 

I see next week that we get a new guest co-host each day.  That never works.  Hopefully they go with weeklong tryouts.....  I am looking forward to the new pretaped show open. Kelly flittering about Manhattan, a la Marlo Thomas circa 1968.

• Love 4

Apparently Kelly is the cover story of People magazine.  WTF?  She acts like she really is the spokesperson for the downtrodden, disrespected worker!

She is so out of reality.   When was ABC supposed to inform Ripa of their decision to hire Michael for GMA? Were they supposed to tell her before the offered him the job so Queen Kelly can give her blessing?  It's as if Michael is HER employee in her delusional mind, not ABC's employee! She does NOT own Live!

I can understand her asking about the future of her show, but for her to actually act as though she needed to be informed when he was negotiating a contract is ridiculous, and it's also disrespectful to Michael.  He has a right to have confidential negotiations, and not have his possible job talked about to a coworker.

It really seems as though Kelly thinks she is above the employee status -even above Gelman who produces the show,and found out when she did!

She didn't seem to care when Regis was disrespected after over 30 years on the job, she actually was nasty to him and mocked him all the time.  And unlike Kelly, Regis realized that he needed to not bring his problems with ABC on the air and do interviews about them when he was still working for them.

How much does Kelly think she can bitch about her employer to the public and still get what she wants from them?  She is so totally out of touch with her role in the the company, and what it really means to have hardship on a job.   But I do think in the end, when her silly story of so called disrespect gets out of the media, they will find a way to  quietly phase out the diva, and put someone in who might appreciate 20 million a year for a few hour a week on the air, and someone who might also know enough not to diss them in public!

• Love 15
(edited)

Here's the link to the story (or at least part of it) that orangekit is referring to.

Why would people be running to her for assurance everything would be OK? Maybe they were checking on her, rather than with her, because she doesn't make the decisions as to the future of the show. And much as she might consider herself irreplaceable, she doesn't test that well with audiences, and there's an endless line of marginally talented folks who'd love her part-time/big bucks job. If she walked out completely, the show could still go on while they tested out two new co-hosts instead of just one.

Quote from the article:

I needed to actually sit and gather information. I needed to make sure I said the appropriate things on TV and didn't just come out and say whatever."

Gather what information? Strahan got a new job, boom, public information gathered. You should be, or at least act, happy for him. Deal with behind the scene issues behind the scene, and act like a decent, mature human being in front of the cameras. How hard is that?

Edited by designing1
  • Love 13

Chiming in for the first time on this crazy express, as mentioned above.  So happy to have a seat.  I'm so done with Kelly.  I don't watch the show, but she has just displayed nothing more than mean girl behavior since this whole thing played out.  Ok, you were hurt, move on.  I'm sure there are a lot out there who like Kelly.  The continued tension on set, the back-handed jabs and other such nonsense is just demeaning to her as an adult.  Sitting back down on the back row now.

• Love 10

No idea why Kelly needs to be on the cover of People other than a slow news week.

Anderson Cooper isn't going to save this show!  How are they going to go on vacation together?

• Love 2

That People article didn't shed any positive light on Ms Ripa. I wonder if she wishes she should have let the whole thing DIE ALREADY. This cover story will not bring many over to "Her Side." It just serves to drag the whole stupid sorry mess out even longer. I "literally" and "actually" felt nauseous reading it. Had to pause to throw a splash of Frangelico in my coffee. That helped.

• Love 11

Quote from the People story via Yahoo:

“I think that all people are deserving of fair treatment in the work place. People deserve respect,” Ripa tells PEOPLE. “People should be treated equally and with dignity.”

So Michael doesn't deserve privacy?  She has really lost it.  I am noticing, now more than ever, she is just nuts.

Did anyone else catch when Micheal was talking about the charity work he did at the brokers and Kelly inferring he was a "quasi" celebrity?

• Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I see next week that we get a new guest co-host each day.  That never works.  Hopefully they go with weeklong tryouts.....  I am looking forward to the new pretaped show open. Kelly flittering about Manhattan, a la Marlo Thomas circa 1968.

I bet Kelly doesn't want to test potential new hosts all summer because that means she has to actually carry her half of the hosting duties (probably even more than half with guest hosts). She likely wants a new host in place ASAP so he can start doing most of the work, like Michael and Regis have done.

Edited by OpieTaylor
took out part of the quote that didn't apply
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Quote from the People story via Yahoo:

So Michael doesn't deserve privacy?  She has really lost it.  I am noticing, now more than ever, she is just nuts.

Did anyone else catch when Micheal was talking about the charity work he did at the brokers and Kelly inferring he was a "quasi" celebrity?

Thanks, I was watching live & couldn't replay that part.  I wasn't sure that's what she said, but my ears perked up.

• Love 1

If Kelly were about reassuring the folks she supposedly most cares about (the production crew) she would have come right to work with a stiff upper lip.  I sincerely hope that whatever "assurances" were given her by Disney flacks are all reneged.

Best of everything to Michael on his last morning in hell on Amsterdam.

• Love 8

Of the co-hosts next week, at least Kimmel will be able to get them into a commercial break.

Seems Kelly thinks she'll have a say in who her co-host will be.  Regis didn't.  I'm sure those honorable folks at Disney will handle her though. 

• Love 1

Funniest thing about today's episode - they were both, in the beginning, looking to interact with a person in the audience other than with each other.  It's bad.

• Love 2

Kelly was spotted by the paparazzi with a jacket that said "freedom" on the back.   She feels "free" because of Michael leaving?  Ok?  That is how it was interpreted.

I don't know if that's what the jacket was for, but she is stupid enough to make "statements" all the time.  If she is sending another diss to anyone associated with the show or ABC, she may be given more "freedom" than she wants if she keeps it up!   That interview in people is pathetic and self-serving. Who does she think she is?

What was very telling was when Michael asked her if she would move to L A if Mark's show became a hit.  Kelly stammered, and said if the show took off or something like that,  she would. 

So... let's get this straight.  If Kelly's hubby got a job that actually paid the bills, and was a hit, she would leave Live, and that would be ok?   But, if Michael or anyone else decides to leave, she has a say in when they leave and gets pissed because she was given access to their personal job move ahead of time?  

Hopefully, if Mark's show ever does hit, and Kelly feel she needs to move out to L A to be with him,  her co-host will be just as lovely a she has been to Michael! (sarcasm).

In her pictures for the paparazzi, which she conveniently makes sure are taken when she needs to make a statement, she appears to have no make up on. Her makeup artists are magicians!

I doubt anyone else is going to be dying to employ Kelly after ABC pays her back for all of the wonderful public dissing and public tantrums she is having at their expense.   

She really has a major inflated ego and a totally out of touch with reality personality.    

• Love 15

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121341/kelly-ripa-passive-aggressive-toward-michael-strahan?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160512&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6709678

Kelly Ripa is not ready to disclose who her new co-host on Live! will be, but she's ready to show Michael Strahan the door nonetheless.

Strahan's last day on the show is Friday, and Ripa's attitude is basically, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," as anyone who can read between the lines of her new interview with Peoplemagazine can see.

"There's a part of me that can say, 'OK, I understand. This may have been an oversight,'" Ripa said of being pretty much the last to know of Strahan's plans to leave the show. "And again, after 26 years, at this point we are like a family. And sometimes when you are so comfortable with somebody, you may not give them the same consideration as somebody you're not as comfortable with — a certain formality falls away."

Mark could become a so-so actor on a hit show like a Grey Anatomy's type show, work several years & make a lot of money. He could also do 5 tv shows that would get cancelled after each season. I doubt he could become a big movie star though.  Of course, with Kelly's stockpile of money and their real estate holdings they would be perfectly fine without LIVE for many years to come. It will be interesting to see how the next host does or if ABC Disney even keeps them on the air. 

18 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1121341/kelly-ripa-passive-aggressive-toward-michael-strahan?utm_source=SheKnowsDaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20160512&utm_term=SKDailySubscribersFinal&utm_content=6709678

Kelly Ripa is not ready to disclose who her new co-host on Live! will be, but she's ready to show Michael Strahan the door nonetheless.

Strahan's last day on the show is Friday, and Ripa's attitude is basically, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," as anyone who can read between the lines of her new interview with Peoplemagazine can see.

"There's a part of me that can say, 'OK, I understand. This may have been an oversight,'" Ripa said of being pretty much the last to know of Strahan's plans to leave the show. "And again, after 26 years, at this point we are like a family. And sometimes when you are so comfortable with somebody, you may not give them the same consideration as somebody you're not as comfortable with — a certain formality falls away."

I didn't think a list of potentials could be compiled that included possibles who would make me dive for the remote faster than Kelly Ripa herself. 

Betthhenny Frankel!?!?

Oh, my head.

Jenny McCarthy?

Is that list supposed to be a joke? Please?

• Love 3

I half watch this show; it comes on after Today and I tend to leave the TV on.  I had no idea so many hated Kelly!  I have not given any thought to her or Michael really.  They are filler in the background.  

Has she done anything that I don't know about?  Or is it her personality that grates?  

Kelly is so passive/aggressive. All this week she has tried to come across as beasties with Michael; however her little digs, being seen outside carrying Anderson Cooper's book, the book'David and Goliath', and wearing the jacket with'Freedom' on the back isn't fooling anyone. She's not as clever as she thinks she is,

Eta: That was supposed to be "besties" above, not "beasties". Damned autocorrect!

• Love 4

Wow, that was a very forced show.  I felt bad for Michael, and he probably was happy to get the heck out of there.  Kelly was trying super hard to show how much fun they had and how much they love each other.  I think it would have been better if they had toned it down a bit.  Michael at the end talked a lot about the audience and his experience and then as he almost ran out of time he got to Kelly, and quickly said she was the best, and he kissed her, and I think he almost landed on her lips.

I am sure Gelman wanted it this way to show everyone that Kelly is a really nice person and she's really just mad at her Disney bosses.  But then she probably shouldn't have done the People article this week.

• Love 6

Heard part of Michael's goodbye.  He said something like the audience are the 3rd hosts, and that it wasn't all about "myself, or you". I didn't see it, I only heard it. How did Kelly react (if she did) to that part? 

8 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Hopefully the ratings decline starts next week!

Kelly is really that bad?  I am in the dark because I don't watch that often. 

As with other TV hosts, I have found that either people love her or they hate her.  I don't watch this show all that often, but when I have, I didn't find her all that bad.  YMMV.   She really seemed to be excited when MS first took the job on Live, and now that  they've built up the show & the ratings, he's leaving.  Don't get me wrong - that's his prerogative and his right to pursue other options, but I can understand how disappointed Kelly is in having to start over in finding a new host.  Good luck to MS.  I don't watch any morning news shows, as I am working and I find most of them to have too many anchors/journalists anyway.  I don't need that many to tell me the news!  Same way with the Weather Channel.  I don't need them cutting back and forth to 2 or 3 people just to give me the forecast!  Is MS keeping his FOX NFL gig in the Fall?  That's got to be a tough commute week after week.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, wings707 said:

As I have said in the past, I think Kelly is funny and quick-witted, and I would have been a fan except for one big thing: her obsession with being skinny and her dishonesty about how and why she looks the way she does. The "little fella" may naturally be small, but it is only through extreme measures that Kelly has the body of a 12 year old boy. Yet if you believe Kelly, she eats like a normal person. Oh how she loves the pizza at this restaurant, the burgers at this place, the bread at this place, the cro-nuts, blah, blah, blah. In other words, you would think she really eats! When in reality, you just know that 1000 calories is a cheat day for her LOL. I think she sends a bad message to young girls, who would love to be able to eat like that and stay so skinny. (I speak from experience with an eating disorder, so it is personal with me. I know the deception involved)  Anyway, I find Kelly entertaining but fakety fake fake.

Now, that was my opinion BEFORE the past few weeks. Since Kelly's walk-out, the book-toting and freedom jacket stunts, and the passive-aggressive digs at Michael, my feelings about Kelly are completely negative. Not only do I think she is fake concerning her appearance, I think her nice-girl persona is fake, too. Her diva-like behavior over Michael leaving has made her look small (no pun intended!) and petty.

I may tune in to see some of the guest host auditions, but the winner will have to be pretty spectacular for me to remain a viewer.  I miss Michael already!

• Love 20
(edited)

Kelly is so fake it's  nauseating.  She walks around in her jacket with her bitchy look in her face and the word "freedom" after taping Friday's so and putting in that BS display of pretending to look Michael.

I read  the people magazine article. Looks like Kelly's publicists are working overtime to undo the damage she made to her image with her spoiled, mean and entitled behavior 

So, she's just mad because she wasn't in on the planning?  Does she work in management at ABC? Does she have a right to appove of her coworker's promotion before ignore a offered to him, as if she owns him and the show? 

She can pretend all she wants that it's about respect and the little people, but it's really about her feelings she has a right to more than she is entitled she it comes to her co worker.

in the article she of course has to put down Lola , and basically call her a drama queen, but her daughter is 14, and not 45. Maybe she should stop mocking her daughter on the air and take a look in the mirror to see who the self absorbed, whiney drama queen really is! 

Edited by summerdaze
  • Love 20

Kelly lost my allegiance when she didn't/wouldn't walk back her negative comment about Pit Bulls.  I don't have one, but I KNOW them to be sweet dogs IF they're raised properly.  So many people watch "Live" & take Kelly's word as gospel, so the fact that she ignored the uproar about her comment speaks volumes about her character!!

• Love 2
On 5/13/2016 at 9:49 AM, ButterQueen said:

Just removed it from my DVR and added GMA.

Why? The gap toothed meta-man doesnt start FT until September.  He is going on "extended vacation".

Website already rebranded as LiveKelly.com

(edited)

Just got my People mag and read the article. And what is in the very first sentence? "......Kelly Ripa sits in her office......and eyes a pile of apple cider donuts."  Can't make this stuff up! And that's not the only time we hear about the donut.  "By now Ripa has torn into a donut...."  Think that's it?  Au contraire!  ".....her life is almost as sweet as the donut she's now polishing off."  COME ON!!  I guess she had to do a double spin class to work that sucker off (unless she threw it up after the interview).  I just found it so ironic, having just written about how Kelly pretends to actually eat LOL!

All donuts aside, what a self-serving piece of fiction!  From the little I had heard beforehand, I expected that the article would not paint her in the best light. But I didn't get that feeling after reading it.  I felt like Kelly completely rewrote history to portray herself as the poor victim of the big bad corporation, standing up for the little guys, ala Norma Rae. Like her biggest concern was for her work family, all the people worried about their jobs and looking to her for reassurance. I thought it was sickening.

There's one thing I wish I knew the real answer to.  In the article, it says (the source, of course, being Kelly) that she took Wednesday off and was already scheduled to be off Thursday, Friday (actually a pre-taped show), and Monday.  I thought both Wednesday and Thursday were protest days. Whatever, I'm just wondering if that was more rewriting of history.

I really hope Michael gives "his side of the story" at some point. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 6

It was only a one day "protest."  As you alluded to, they typically do two shows on a Thursday, so it would not make sense for her to come in on a Thursday and not do a Friday show.  So, she took a "personal day" for that Wednesday only.

I was surprised they had guests for Michael's last show.  There was certainly more than enough footage they could have drawn upon to fill the hour.  Then again, could Kelly have handled a whole 30 minutes of content that was all about him, and not her?  I thought it was a genuinely funny moment when Michael teasingly threatened to declare the home contestant a winner no matter what answer she gave.  

So ends another "era," and with it comes the reminder of just how immediate TV is.  We think there is permanence on show like this.  In reality, you have only the last show produced.  The next is never guaranteed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MzTori77 said:

Just got my People mag and read the article. And what is in the very first sentence? "......Kelly Ripa sits in her office......and eyes a pile of apple cider donuts."  Can't make this stuff up! And that's not the only time we hear about the donut.  "By now Ripa has torn into a donut...."  Think that's it?  Au contraire!  ".....her life is almost as sweet as the donut she's now polishing off."  COME ON!!  I guess she had to do a double spin class to work that sucker off (unless she threw it up after the interview).  I just found it so ironic, having just written about how Kelly pretends to actually eat LOL!

All donuts aside, what a self-serving piece of fiction!  From the little I've heard beforehand, I thought the article did not paint her in the best light. But I felt like Kelly completely rewrote history to portray herself as the poor victim of the big bad corporation, standing up for the little guys, ala Norma Rae. Like her biggest concern was for her work family, all the people worried about their jobs and looking to her for reassurance. I thought it was sickening.

There's one thing I wish I knew the real answer to.  In the article, it says (the source, of course, being Kelly) that she took Wednesday off and was already scheduled to be off Thursday, Friday (actually a pre-taped show), and Monday.  I thought both Wednesday and Thursday were protest days. Whatever, I'm just wondering if that was more rewriting of history.

I really hope Michael gives "his side of the story" at some point. 

My bold.  Me too, but he won't!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Kelly Ripa. Where to begin. Long ago, I watched her as Hayley on AMC. She stood out for her youth and sassiness. Of course, her role was to be the crazy punk teen who shows up to unnerve Old What's His Name - her father - great actor on AMC. Adam Chandler. She was never what I would call "tiny." She always had SOME meat on her bones until her pregnancies. She revealed at one point that she lost a lot of weight post partum, even though she gained a lot during her pregnancies. I will admit her extreme thinness bothers me, and it seemed to coincide with Kelly turning into a fashionista. Which makes a lot of sense - she was thin enough to wear sample sizes, and 00s, plus she had more $$$ each year, plus she was on TV each morning and had to look good. IMO, she got carried away with it. That's fine, but at the same time, she tried to portray the every woman who struggles with her weight. And, I'm sure she DOES struggle with her weight. So, fine. But she acts like she doesn't weigh like 90 something pounds. She should NOT lose any more weight - can we agree on that? So enough about her weight. Problem is, she has to talk and, and food does come up as a conversation topic, and it is cringy to hear her say ANYTHING food related at this point.

She also revealed she hates the sound of people chewing. This added to the before mentioned topic, adds to the cringe factor. Add to it, the image she portrayed as loving her booze (who doesn't?) dancing like a maniac - more like MANIC.

I found Regis more real and interesting to listen to. YES, he could be BORING. So, Regis is gone, but can we find someone relatable, as he was in some ways? Michael was great at first, but soon enough, Kelly ruined it for me. She was ALLLLL over him at first, so raunchy. I think he told her to Cool It at one point, and she got frostier. It was all so fake!! The "On-Air" Chemistry has to have SOME to reality to it. They didn't turn out to be friends, did they??

I gotta stop. The whole thing turned into a Soap Opera - she went Back to the Future, and it ain't pretty.

Edited by Jeanius
Typo, and wondering if I should rant some more. Nah. More coffee. Plus, it's snowing. Grrrrr. Feeling Itchy
  • Love 10