Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Kees080 said:

Have any Veterans been cut on the last day of Training Camp in prior years?  I've been trying to remember if it's happened before and I'm drawing a blank.  Can anyone help?  

Not that I remember 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Kees080 said:

Have any Veterans been cut on the last day of Training Camp in prior years?  I've been trying to remember if it's happened before and I'm drawing a blank.  Can anyone help?  

Erica, but the cut was not shown. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't Erica cut right after Canton, which would have been before the last day?

Just going from memory, when the team was announced, that’s when the board found out that Kashara was the new Group 4 leader and that Erica had been cut. It’s certainly possible that her cut happened before then, but if so, it wasn’t known on the boards until that last night. Regardless, I’m pretty sure it was that last week because Canton occurred at the end of training camp.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kees080 said:

Kaitlin LeGrand was cut towards the end of training camp but I can't remember if it was the actual last night.

3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Kaitlin LeGrand was cut towards the end of training camp but I can't remember if it was the actual last night.

IIRC it was.  She showed up to rehearsal without her "proper rehearsal attire" for filming night then Kelli asked Ally T who told them and when they were told what to wear that night.  Ally said both she and Judy had told everyone twice what to wear then Kelli called Kaitlin in and cut her then went out to the practice field.

• Love 3
On 8/21/2020 at 6:24 PM, TB12 said:

Lacey is beautiful, I never cared for her but she definitely is a pretty bride...

I don’t intend this to be snarky, but hers and Heather’s nose jobs were amazing. Subtle enough to look natural and they made a huge difference. I think they were beautiful anyway but obviously they were bothered about it, so I’m glad they fixed it without ending up looking like a completely different person.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, An Offt said:

I've seen this sentiment (in bold) more than a few times on these boards, and I'll never understand it.  I think it's really just a way to say "she couldn't speak perfect english".  But in the eyes of Kelli and Charlotte, Yuko was an INCREDIBLE ambassador for the team.  They could brag that Yuko traveled from 6,500 miles away just to be a DCC, she always had a smile on her face, she was a locker room favorite, and she was never going to say the wrong thing, because she could always fake a language barrier if topics got uncomfortable.  I think they would have cloned Yuko if they could have.

Uhm... she literally couldn’t be an ambassador because she couldn’t form a single sentence. I’m sorry but when you bug these girls about having perfect conversations, how do you let Yuko in, when her dancing was mediocre at best? If she was that amazing, I could see them giving her a pass. That’s what bothered me.

and also, US rules are hella weird. I had to basically have a full conversation with a native speaker as part of my visa application to prove that i’d be able to communicate with people. On my trip. As a tourist. How is that a requirement for a tourist visa and not for a work visa?

• Love 4

Yuko wouldn’t have been the perfect ambassador for trips to veterans’ homes or any place where she had to speak English fluently. She WOULD have been the perfect ambassador to speak to all those Japanese businessmen Jerry and Charlotte were trying to woo. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t intend this to be snarky, but hers and Heather’s nose jobs were amazing. Subtle enough to look natural and they made a huge difference. I think they were beautiful anyway but obviously they were bothered about it, so I’m glad they fixed it without ending up looking like a completely different person.

Uhm... she literally couldn’t be an ambassador because she couldn’t form a single sentence. I’m sorry but when you bug these girls about having perfect conversations, how do you let Yuko in, when her dancing was mediocre at best? If she was that amazing, I could see them giving her a pass. That’s what bothered me.

and also, US rules are hella weird. I had to basically have a full conversation with a native speaker as part of my visa application to prove that i’d be able to communicate with people. On my trip. As a tourist. How is that a requirement for a tourist visa and not for a work visa?

Agreed. I never understood Yuko's appeal. They'll cut girls for bad interviews or being an "ambassador risk" but they have someone who doesn't speak English. Her dancing was meh and she did not have the DCC body type at all. Her body was fine, just not what DCC favors. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m sorry but when you bug these girls about having perfect conversations, how do you let Yuko in, when her dancing was mediocre at best? If she was that amazing, I could see them giving her a pass. That’s what bothered me.

@cgloss has a good point about Yuko being able to speak to Japanese businessmen.  What bothers me most is the whole football knowledge thing.  Kelsey had to explain what a linebacker does, but does someone from Japan know enough about US football to know what a linebacker even is?  Jinelle (who did end up being great) even admitted she had a lot to learn about football.  Some get a pass, others don't.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Weird how you don't see the contradiction in your own post.  The requirement is absolutely tougher for a work visa, wich should clue you in to exactly how fluent Yuko actually was.  Kelli liked the dear in the headlights animae fantasy, so Yuko played dumb whenever she was asked to, which included all of her time on camera.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Really? Oh wow, I've travelled to the US extensively and never had any of that happen. Then again, I enter on an ESTA so maybe that helps. 🤷‍♀️

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

@cgloss has a good point about Yuko being able to speak to Japanese businessmen.  What bothers me most is the whole football knowledge thing.  Kelsey had to explain what a linebacker does, but does someone from Japan know enough about US football to know what a linebacker even is?  Jinelle (who did end up being great) even admitted she had a lot to learn about football.  Some get a pass, others don't.

Honestly, you can Google it easily (that's what I did when I started watching football). NFL is available for broadcast on Gamepass now so available around the world. The rules aren't rocket science, and anyone auditioning knowns by now to know about football.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, An Offt said:

Weird how you don't see the contradiction in your own post.  The requirement is absolutely tougher for a work visa, wich should clue you in to exactly how fluent Yuko actually was.  Kelli liked the dear in the headlights animae fantasy, so Yuko played dumb whenever she was asked to, which included all of her time on camera.

I follow Yuko on the gram and she is clearly fluent in English and quite funny.  I'm sure she had a hard time in the beginning but she clearly became more fluent.  The longer she was on the team, the more you would see her out with the other girls.  I never thought she was the the strongest in pom but her solos are adorable.  The team has always pushed to have a non US DCC and Yuko filled it well.  Much prettier and sweeter than Angela.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Honestly, you can Google it easily (that's what I did when I started watching football). NFL is available for broadcast on Gamepass now so available around the world. The rules aren't rocket science, and anyone auditioning knowns by now to know about football.

I understand, but my point is that Jinelle actually admitted she didn't know anything about football & I don't believe Yuko did either. If either woman was American, Kelli wouldn't have accepted that.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, An Offt said:

But yet she applied for the wrong visa. Not saying she is stupid and I do not know what visa she applied for, but judging by what we saw on tv she clearly "wasn't bright" to have applied for the correct visa. I know they are hard and complicated to fill out. Besides visas are applied and filled in the language of your country. So Yuko would be filling it in, in Japanese and not english.

• Love 1
On 8/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, cgloss said:

Yuko wouldn’t have been the perfect ambassador for trips to veterans’ homes or any place where she had to speak English fluently. She WOULD have been the perfect ambassador to speak to all those Japanese businessmen Jerry and Charlotte were trying to woo. 

Fair point!

11 hours ago, An Offt said:

Well I’d never say that speaking broken English, or any other language outside of your native language makes you dumb. So I’d never jump straight “Kelli wanted her to look dumb so she pretended not to speak English”. And I don’t see why they would need to do that. Even if you are at a good level in any language, moving to a country where they only speak this language all day, with local idioms and different accents... yes it would be hella hard to adjust in the beginning anyway.

Aaand I don’t even know the requirements for other visas. I got a student visa for a summer program and that was much easier than the tourist visa. They never checked my English, I guess because they thought the Uni took care of that? Plot twist, they didn’t either and I had a lot of people in the same program who couldn’t communicate with us at all.

I’d do that too if that meant I wouldn’t have to ever interact with Kelli, but that’s a different discussion.

9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Really? Oh wow, I've travelled to the US extensively and never had any of that happen. Then again, I enter on an ESTA so maybe that helps. 🤷‍♀️

Yep, it’s different with ESTA! Basically because that’s an option now, you need to also prove why you should have a visa instead of using ESTA.

2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I follow Yuko on the gram and she is clearly fluent in English and quite funny.  I'm sure she had a hard time in the beginning but she clearly became more fluent.  The longer she was on the team, the more you would see her out with the other girls.  I never thought she was the the strongest in pom but her solos are adorable.  The team has always pushed to have a non US DCC and Yuko filled it well.  Much prettier and sweeter than Angela.  

She definitely got better and it makes sense since she spent years in the US. Still doesn’t change the fact she wasn’t fluent when she made the team.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I understand, but my point is that Jinelle actually admitted she didn't know anything about football & I don't believe Yuko did either. If either woman was American, Kelli wouldn't have accepted that.

Actually that was funny to me because girls are supposed to act like they want to “cheer for their boys” sooo badly. Yet you have these girls who obviously don’t care that much about football and they don’t even have to pretend.

Just to clarify though, I don’t hate on Yuko. Or Jinelle. I don’t care if these girls can hold a conversation and I don’t think it matters. I don’t want to hear any woman in the 21st century claiming that her dream is cheering for the boys. Ever. But in the context of the show, yeah I don’t like how they’re changing the rules whenever they feel like it.

As for Yuko, I felt so bad when she was obviously struggling with being alone in a strange country and to me it looked like she didn’t feel part of the team at first. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

in the context of the show, yeah I don’t like how they’re changing the rules whenever they feel like it.

As usual, the double standard is alive and well!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

You guys leave Yuko alone!!! She a precious little cinnamon bun and I won't have you talk bad about her. 🤣🤣🤣

Nah I'm kidding, y'all can criticize whoever you want, I don't mind. But in all seriousness I LOVE Yuko, she's one of my favorite former DCC girls. She seems so sweet, and I loved watching her journey on MTT. Although I am mad at Kelli for choosing the picture as her last cameo photo. I am currently on my phone right now and I can't find it, but it's her 2018-2019 photo if anyone wants to find it for me. Thay picture doesn't do her justice.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am mad at Kelli for choosing the picture as her last cameo photo. I am currently on my phone right now and I can't find it, but it's her 2018-2019 photo if anyone wants to find it for me. Thay picture doesn't do her justice.  

I think she looks great!

image.png.45f6b96230700739722faff200d4e4a3.png

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hmmmm I don't know. It's ok but I think compared to her other cameo photos, this one is my least favorite. The 2018 cameo photos had a lot of duds in my opinion and I will stand by what I said about Kelli needing to hire a new photographer and editor. As well as someone that knows how to pick the best photo for each girl. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

The 2018 cameo photos had a lot of duds in my opinion

I can't say I disagree.  This one of Jalyn is probably one of the worst I've ever seen...terrible!

image.png.52c5d36cade20d592c4c62442a2a4aab.png

• Love 6
On 8/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, ByTor said:

Good point.  I definitely think the double standards extend to interview. With that said, I actually think that they're probably fairly lenient about the knowledge of football questions. I think as long as a girl knew that a linebacker played defense, she would be ok. Arguably, Kelsey's answer about trying to sack the QB is more associated with defensive linemen than linebackers, but I don't think they're that technical. Kelsey's first 2 answers where she didn't know Jerry Jones' position or how many yards on a football were more problematic. The yard lines on a football field are literally numbered. You don't know even have to know football, you just have to have eyes and know how to count to know there are 100 yards. And obviously, knowing who Jerry Jones is is paramount to the DCCs. I think even Yuko would've needed to know that.  

I will say that when they show the short clips of interviews, a lot of girls who make it into training camp say some dumb things and still make it. Not knowing stuff doesn't appear to be anywhere near as much of a dealbreaker as they make it out to be. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I can't say I disagree.  This one of Jalyn is probably one of the worst I've ever seen...terrible!

image.png.52c5d36cade20d592c4c62442a2a4aab.png

30 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

And look at what they did to poor Hannah....tsk tsk tsk. 

Hannah.jpg.aba0412d5ba534b71bff6d31160e5f3b.jpg

Yikes. I had forgotten about those 2018 photos. And now I remember why ...

• Love 6
12 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

And look at what they did to poor Hannah....tsk tsk tsk. 

Hannah.jpg.aba0412d5ba534b71bff6d31160e5f3b.jpg

Neither of Hannah's pictures were great.  She looks 40 years old in both.   It wasn't fair to her because she is a GORGEOUS young lady!!!

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Neither of Hannah's pictures were great.  She looks 40 years old in both.   It wasn't fair to her because she is a GORGEOUS young lady!!!

I was just going to say that, she looks about 40! They need to tone down the eye make-up too on the cameos. I'm fine with them wearing make-up but you don't need stage/field make-up for photos. I think fans would really like more natural make-up!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Yes, it’s such a shame. Hannah is such a pretty girl who absolutely looks her age. Yet, if you replaced her DCC uniform with a regular shirt, then showed me that picture, and asked to me to guess what reality show she was on and her age - i would guess that she’s 43 or so and one of the Real Housewives.... that’s just bad photography. 

Edited by Jess14
Multiple typos lol
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, it’s such a shame. Hannah such a pretty girl absolutely looks her she. Yet, if you replaced her DCC uniform with a regular shirt, then showed me that picture, and asked to me to guess what reality show she was on and her age - i would guess that she’s 43 or so and one of the Real Housewives.... that’s just bad photography. 

I'm 43 with auburn hair, and you're not wrong!  As we age I feel like we need to wear less and less make-up, and/or be SUPER subtle about it.  Otherwise we're just aging ourselves, and that's silly.

Tho I'm reminded of the meme that went around after the Superbowl that Blanche from Golden Girls was in her early 50's when that show was on the air, and there goes J Lo in a crystal body suit looking amazing at 50, so it's just a number!

I love the pics Hannah posts of herself with naked face...she's truly so beautiful, not at all in a common way, and an excellent dancer.

• Love 15
On 8/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, ByTor said:

Yes. I remember thinking it was so odd that they'd show that part of the interview where Jinelle says she just knows Aussie Rules Football and "would have to learn" about American Football. That small exchange actually made it sound like the fix was in for Jinelle to make it. She seemed almost surprised that she was asked. It sounded like someone in a job interview learning there's a job requirement they don't have and saying "oh well I'd have to learn that".  When Kelli talks about how vital the panel interviews are, she implies the girls will regularly be in conversations about the game along the lines of "Who would you say is the most underrated running back of all time?"

• Love 4

The difference on that for me is that 1 - the average Joe likely wouldn't expect the international cheerleaders to know all the details and 2 - she likely gave an edited description of how Aussie rules football was different than American football, and that she was looking forward to learning more.  Expressing a desire to learn and acknowledging that you're not 100% isn't a negative in my books.  If she was 90% there and expressed a willingness and a plan to learn, and seemed intelligent enough to do so, green light.

This reminds me of a couple of studies I've read where most women will only apply for a job when they're 100% qualified, or even over-qualified, but most men are like meh, I can get there, and apply anyway.  Maybe it's harder now when recruiters focus on key word searches and so much is done online, but confidence (and networking!) is a big part of the game.  There was a great meme going around that says "Kanye's announcement [that he was running for president] is a great reminder that men look at job descriptions and think - "hey, I'm not remotely qualified, but I think I could do that."  Apply for all the jobs, women!"

Jinelle had the dancing down pat and a strong knowledge of Aussie rules football...knew she just needed to put the time in and get the basics for American football.  She had confidence in herself and put it out there, and she obviously did a killer job.  It's not like trying to lose 15 pounds in two weeks or create high kicks out of thin air.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The difference on that for me is that 1 - the average Joe likely wouldn't expect the international cheerleaders to know all the details

But Kelli seems to expect it of everyone, as in why would you want to cheer for something you know nothing about.  Also, I don't think the average Joe would expect to have a political debate with a DCC, but Kelli seems to think they should know enough to be prepared for one. 😃

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

The difference on that for me is that 1 - the average Joe likely wouldn't expect the international cheerleaders to know all the details and 2 - she likely gave an edited description of how Aussie rules football was different than American football, and that she was looking forward to learning more.  Expressing a desire to learn and acknowledging that you're not 100% isn't a negative in my books.  If she was 90% there and expressed a willingness and a plan to learn, and seemed intelligent enough to do so, green light.

This reminds me of a couple of studies I've read where most women will only apply for a job when they're 100% qualified, or even over-qualified, but most men are like meh, I can get there, and apply anyway.  Maybe it's harder now when recruiters focus on key word searches and so much is done online, but confidence (and networking!) is a big part of the game.  There was a great meme going around that says "Kanye's announcement [that he was running for president] is a great reminder that men look at job descriptions and think - "hey, I'm not remotely qualified, but I think I could do that."  Apply for all the jobs, women!"

Jinelle had the dancing down pat and a strong knowledge of Aussie rules football...knew she just needed to put the time in and get the basics for American football.  She had confidence in herself and put it out there, and she obviously did a killer job.  It's not like trying to lose 15 pounds in two weeks or create high kicks out of thin air.

Yeah i agree, even if she wasn't completely aware of all the specifics of american football she had cheered for a number of years for a very popular rugby team which is more alike to American football then Australian football so she would have a general idea. We also know that Kelli and Judy take references seriously and the team was known to be one of the best. The director of the team is very well known for her talent and also runs a performing arts academy and talent agency. She strikes me as one who would give a glowing reference to a talented, hard-working performer with the right attitude but if you weren't cut out for her team talent or otherwise she wouldn't hesitate to let you go. The team also had a very high amount of interaction with fans so her level of ambassadorship would have been very high already

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I know, I know.  It's just I'm not a fan of red hair and spray tans.  My favorite hair color is that Niki Taylor 90s deep honey blonde.  

Agree on the spray tan, but as a copper blonde I object to not liking red hair! LOL... it's only 1-2 shades away from mine...I've always found red hair so distinctive...my dad was a fabulous redhead with gray eyes...

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I know, I know.  It's just I'm not a fan of red hair and spray tans.  My favorite hair color is that Niki Taylor 90s deep honey blonde.  

Loved Niki Taylor!!  And I can think of some blondes on the squad that would look good with deep honey blonde - Victoria for one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Loved Niki Taylor!!  And I can think of some blondes on the squad that would look good with deep honey blonde - Victoria for one.

Agree Victoria would look great with a different shade of blond...that cotton candy blonde doesn't look all that great on any of them...and with too much tan can really age a girl...and I hate roots...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

Agree Victoria would look great with a different shade of blond...that cotton candy blonde doesn't look all that great on any of them...and with too much tan can really age a girl...and I hate roots...

VK  is a striking young lady when she is more natural. The fake hair, tan and excessive makeup really age all of them. Wish the team would move to a more natural look. The current look reminds me of the 1980s glamour shots.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Only fitting, considering that former 80's DCC's Kelli and Tina are reliving their glory days thru Victoria

Yes to this a thousand times...supposedly Tina is the follower...how can she have so much power of Kelli's decision making? Really who gives a rats ass what TK thinks...I get the nepotism of giving VK a real chance, which paid off this past year and moving into the current squad....However 'stage mama' should have no say one way or the other...KWIM?

• Love 4