Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E2: South Peach

• Start Topic

Porsha continues to enjoy her romantic birthday weekend with Dennis; Kandi, Cynthia, Eva and Marlo touch down in Miami ready to surprise NeNe as she hits the comedy stage for the first time since Gregg's diagnosis; as the ladies come together to support NeNe, Kandi realizes she may know a thing or two about one of the ladies' new man; the women celebrate the grand opening of NeNe's new Swaggalicious boutique, but their shopping spree is cut short when Gregg falls ill. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Why is this season so awful?  And, why is it 75% Poscha?  I don't care if she uses Ceelo Green's toothbrush.

IKR???!!! WTF? I'm hacking through this episode, and all i've seen is multiple scenes of Porsha swallowing food, Porsha wallowing about in a monochrome bathroom, brushing her teeth and shaving her underarms (who knew you could just lather up in your outfit, shave, wipe and walk?). Dennis is barely comprehensible and I'm tired of hearing "BAE!!! it's beydiful!". Couldn't care less.

Then we have another 10 minutes of some more anonymous looking monochrome hotel rooms..  I really don't know what the drama was, all those rooms were boring AF. Marlo tries for the usual upgrade and shade on the room, but at this point, we've seen all of this so many times before. Is there anything new? (apart from Gregg's cancer, sadly). And EVA. Omg. What was she wearing? In the bus on the way to the hotel, she looked like a reptile. That was before I saw the sad outfit. It was the way she had her hair done and it was not flattering. 

What am I being set up for here? Nene's BIG surprise? The girls at her comedy show? This is worse than Jersey at this point.

• Love 14

I don't really care for Eva but if she ends up fighting with Marlo she will be worth her peach. 

If Porsha don't be careful she will repeat her mistakes she made Kordell. 

Riley looks so much like her mom Kandi now ☺️ I see on her Instagram she's friends with Idris Elba's daughter. He's absolutely gorgeous to me. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, queenjen said:

IKR???!!! WTF? I'm hacking through this episode, and all i've seen is multiple scenes of Porsha swallowing food, Porsha wallowing about in a monochrome bathroom, brushing her teeth and shaving her underarms (who knew you could just lather up in your outfit, shave, wipe and walk?). Dennis is barely comprehensible and I'm tired of hearing "BAE!!! it's beydiful!". Couldn't care less.

Then we have another 10 minutes of some more anonymous looking monochrome hotel rooms..  I really don't know what the drama was, all those rooms were boring AF. Marlo tries for the usual upgrade and shade on the room, but at this point, we've seen all of this so many times before. Is there anything new? (apart from Gregg's cancer, sadly). And EVA. Omg. What was she wearing? In the bus on the way to the hotel, she looked like a reptile. That was before I saw the sad outfit. It was the way she had her hair done and it was not flattering. 

What am I being set up for here? Nene's BIG surprise? The girls at her comedy show? This is worse than Jersey at this point.

It looks like we were the only 2 that watched this mess!

Whoops!  There were three of us.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 5

I just finished it. And we have 3 whole posts here. Deservedly. This was a whole bunch of nothing. They've really lost their way. How many times did Nene do a thankyou speech this episode? 

It was a mistake to have Porscha anchoring this episode, she's got nothing. I do have hope for the new girl introduced for next week's previews. Kandi's 'friend' from the music industry. Looked like her husband was straight out the gate giving Kandi advice on mogulship she didn't feel she needs. And Kandi has tea on Porscha's new babydaddy. Ok. And that's about it. Cynthia should be holding a lump of dead wood at this point. Marlo is tacky as all get up and is useless unless she's raising drama. Eva is going to bring us work outs with Porscha, can't wait for that! I may go to reading recaps and tune in IF it looks like something interesting is going to happen. They could lose this franchise, I think. The Married to Medicine cast bring a helluva lot more than this lot. 

• Love 11

Poster #5 here. To add to the other comments, this season is feeling like nothing thus far.  Don't have any interest in seeing Porsha pushing up on her sugar/baby daddy with her too-tight clothing (again), Marlo being a pretentious bitch (again) or Cynthia with a pseudo-boyfriend (again).

Didn't like how Porsha started going off on her man for not giving her his TOOTHBRUSH, of all things.  You've got to be kidding me.  Gets treated like a queen with gifts of jewelry and watches and proceeds to talk to him like a dog for something so stupid - and nasty.  Anybody who has no qualms with shaving their armpits on TV (while fully dressed) has no class - and we're talking about Porsha the Queen of THOTland as she likes to call herself so it's not surprising.  Probably used old boy's razor.  More surprised that Dennis would take her shit.  She must be putting it down well in the bed for him to tolerate such BS.  

Like Phaedra, the only reason I'll care to see Eva is to look at her cute kids. I do feel sorry for Nene and Gregg and wish them both the best dealing with the cancer treatment.  I miss Kenya and her drama.  She could be a bitch but was fun to watch, nonetheless and brought a lot to the show.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why is this season so awful?  And, why is it 75% Poscha?

The 75% Porsha is why it is so awful for me. I have never been a Porsha fan, so I do not know if I can take a whole season of this. I was not too wild about Kenya, but loved her whenever she went up against Porsha.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

I actually recorded this and turned it off at the armpit shaving. I had not watched Atlanta in a while and was curious. Good Lord, P’s new man is a huge step down from Cordell. Potomac is a million times better.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Potomac is a million times better

Absolutely agree. I think of Potomac as The Little Engine That Can. Those ladies are fresh and earning their checks. Dallas too is underrated. I'm NOT looking forward to the next instalment of BH even, their last season was weak and it doesn't sound like all the preseason 'drama' (like LVP not filming etc) is going to translate into riveting television, just more riven casts. 

For the life of me, I can't see how Atlanta is going to be pulling the millions of viewers it used to. We are 2 episodes in and I'm actually missing Sheree. She was a total fraudster, but she put it all out there and let the receipts catch her later. But she's the only one. Not missing Kenya and her fakery or Kim or Phaedra at all. 

• Love 8

Atlanta used to be entertaining!  I don't personally like Phaedra, but her over the top parties and job choices were fun to watch.  I liked seeing Dwight, Miss Lawrence and other extra characters that I don't see anymore, but they helped take the focus off of the "stars", which was needed IMO.  Even delusional DeShawn Snow was fun to watch.  Now, it's like everyone is playing the same old part over and over and it's not fun.  I also miss Sheree.  She must have been a nightmare to production because she's been sent packing a few times.  I think these ho wives get too slick and stop being real after they've been on for awhile.

I do hope Greg beats his cancer.  He's looking so frail, it's heartbreaking.  I lost a close friend to a stage 3 colon cancer.  She was doing so well, she was working right up to the week before she died and it seems out of nowhere, the cancer came back suddenly and she died within a week of feeling bad again.  Horrible disease.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

It was interesting to see Marlo with no makeup (and no bra) when she went to Porsha’s room to get glammed. 

That’s all I’ve got for this episode. 

Marlo has nice skin.

I laughed at the toothbrush argument because one of my exes once got in bed at my place and kissed me, and he had just brushed his teeth. I asked if he'd used my toothbrush. (He didn't have stuff at my place and I don't have extras.) He said yes and I was like "EW!" And he said "We have sex, what's the big deal about me using your toothbrush?" And I just kept saying that it was gross. I mean, I could see his point, but still. He never used it again.

Porsha is so dizzy and immature. She's over 35 and she acts like she's in high school. I did think her prayer before Nene's show was nice.

The women being unable to walk two blocks was both funny and pitiful.

• Love 10

Tooth brush sharing, bad hygiene, germs and bacteria can get under your gum line and make themselves at home.

When these women are older they will have to be making podiatry appointments, those sky high heels will do a number on their feet, no wonder they couldn't walk 2 blocks, they were like turtles on their backs, lol.

Eve and Cynthia got it right with their fashions for Miami.

Porsha's boyfriend hardly talks and when he does it is hardly above a whisper.

• Love 7

@watcherwoman, word up to missing Desean Snow--I feel like she brought what this franchise and the others are supposed to be about--what does it look like when you peel back the Peach Curtain? What are the wealthy women of Atlanta up to? It has strayed so far from that...

i think they're going wrong by not having enough women on the cast. I have always believed in a big cast--RHNYC had eight one season--and follow them all and show whoever's bringing in the goods on that particular week. I'm not particularly interested in friends-of. If Andy didn't think they were interesting enough to cast full-time, why should I care about them? 

I really think Nene was simply hosting that show. I don't think she had an act. Thank God. I highly doubt she's funny, unless funniness can be measured by the amount of times you are willing to say "motherfucker." Both of the women they showed doing comedy seemed substantially funnier than Nene. I wonder if either of those women live in Atlanta. Why not cast them?

I wonder what percentage of that store Nene actually owns. I wonder why Gregg felt the need to go to Miami. 

On these shows, I enjoy a conflict (or several). That doesn't mean they need to be screaming, but the conflicts are a major reason I watch. I think it might simply be a matter of the women being too tired to fight. Save for Eva, they have all been on several seasons now, and I just feel like they're over it. If they're over it, how do they expect the viewer to feel?

Oh my God, remember the last time they went to Miami? Sheree fighting with Tammi's nephew, Tammi's nephew knocking her over to get to Kenya, Porscha macking it to that younger guy who slipped in the hot tub? That was good. What a difference! It's sad when you look back nostalgically about the days when Kim Fields was the *only* boring one.

Yeah, that was bogus to bump Married to Medicine to Saturday, and have this show take its place.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Posted a new article in NeNe’s thread, regarding Gregg’s cancer and how it’s all about her ....

Thanks for posting.  Ugh! Nene is showing her true colors.  Gregg has outlived his usefulness for her.  Wow!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I really think Nene was simply hosting that show. I don't think she had an act. Thank God. I highly doubt she's funny, unless funniness can be measured by the amount of times you are willing to say "motherfucker."

Or telling someone in the audience “I ain’t even gonna tell you about the goddamn Uber driver. I hope he rape yo’ ass tonight when he take you home, bitch,” Leakes fired back. “And steal yo’ funky hello kitty, bitch.”

• Love 5
19 hours ago, queenjen said:

I just finished it. And we have 3 whole posts here. Deservedly. This was a whole bunch of nothing. They've really lost their way. How many times did Nene do a thankyou speech this episode? 

It was a mistake to have Porscha anchoring this episode, she's got nothing. I do have hope for the new girl introduced for next week's previews. Kandi's 'friend' from the music industry. Looked like her husband was straight out the gate giving Kandi advice on mogulship she didn't feel she needs. And Kandi has tea on Porscha's new babydaddy. Ok. And that's about it. Cynthia should be holding a lump of dead wood at this point. Marlo is tacky as all get up and is useless unless she's raising drama. Eva is going to bring us work outs with Porscha, can't wait for that! I may go to reading recaps and tune in IF it looks like something interesting is going to happen. They could lose this franchise, I think. The Married to Medicine cast bring a helluva lot more than this lot. 

I couldn't agree more.  I have nothing against Porsha personally, but she's dull as dishwater and I have no interest in her or her "boo".  I'll give it one more week.  If it's this dull, I'm out.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

@watcherwoman, word up to missing Desean Snow--I feel like she brought what this franchise and the others are supposed to be about--what does it look like when you peel back the Peach Curtain? What are the wealthy women of Atlanta up to? It has strayed so far from that...

i think they're going wrong by not having enough women on the cast. I have always believed in a big cast--RHNYC had eight one season--and follow them all and show whoever's bringing in the goods on that particular week. I'm not particularly interested in friends-of. If Andy didn't think they were interesting enough to cast full-time, why should I care about them? 

I really think Nene was simply hosting that show. I don't think she had an act. Thank God. I highly doubt she's funny, unless funniness can be measured by the amount of times you are willing to say "motherfucker." Both of the women they showed doing comedy seemed substantially funnier than Nene. I wonder if either of those women live in Atlanta. Why not cast them?

I wonder what percentage of that store Nene actually owns. I wonder why Gregg felt the need to go to Miami. 

On these shows, I enjoy a conflict (or several). That doesn't mean they need to be screaming, but the conflicts are a major reason I watch. I think it might simply be a matter of the women being too tired to fight. Save for Eva, they have all been on several seasons now, and I just feel like they're over it. If they're over it, how do they expect the viewer to feel?

Oh my God, remember the last time they went to Miami? Sheree fighting with Tammi's nephew, Tammi's nephew knocking her over to get to Kenya, Porscha macking it to that younger guy who slipped in the hot tub? That was good. What a difference! It's sad when you look back nostalgically about the days when Kim Fields was the *only* boring one.

Yeah, that was bogus to bump Married to Medicine to Saturday, and have this show take its place.

Girrrrl, you took me back. That trip was so much fun. I think it might have been Kim Fields one and done season. Do you remember that ballet dancing lady with the braids who was married to a husband that she described as "Nazi White"? It was her "nephews" that caused all the fuss. It was fun and stupid drama pure and simple. Porsha looking like Pochantas, posing seductively in her swimsuit as her man falls on his ass coming to her . Good times.

I just realized Tammy was ballet lady

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I'm not sitting at the table, maybe the bar. I couldn't stand Phaedra but she made for an interesting show.

Ill send you a drink over. 

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Dusting off my table for one>>pulls up chair.

I miss Phaedra.  I loved her.

I am not standing, but maybe waiting in the lobby.

• Love 4

I didn’t mind the episode. I also am mega hungover/kind of drunk again so maybe that’s why lol.

I don’t get Eva’s problem with Cynthia tho. I can’t remember but did something happen between them? She’s always saying things about Cynthia and her age like in the promos. I like Cynthia and I think she’s beautiful and seems nice.

• Love 7
On 11/11/2018 at 10:51 PM, queenjen said:

It was a mistake to have Porscha anchoring this episode, she's got nothing.

Well, not totally true, she has a really large backside - just wow.

Otherwise, yeah, she’s got nothing, except maybe random, weird thoughts.... and using someone else’s tooth

brush - yikes

• Love 4

I really hope someone in Posha's family is telling her that she doesn't have to play dumb as a box of rocks in order to get a man. omggggg she was just way too extra this episode. 

I didn't understand the rooming situation with porsha and Marlo - so their rooms were connected by an elevator? Was that a different room than Posha previously had with her boyfriend? And if her and Marlo previously weren't getting along - why would you give that person such easy access to your hotel room?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I really hope someone in Posha's family is telling her that she doesn't have to play dumb as a box of rocks in order to get a man. omggggg she was just way too extra this episode. 

I didn't understand the rooming situation with porsha and Marlo - so their rooms were connected by an elevator? Was that a different room than Posha previously had with her boyfriend? And if her and Marlo previously weren't getting along - why would you give that person such easy access to your hotel room?

Porsha said in TH something like she doesn't usually question where her man is when he goes out.  I inferred from that she doesn't care if he is messing around with other women as long as we gets the ring.  Did anyone else hear this?  I was hoping I missed something in context because, that's just sad.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Porsha said in TH something like she doesn't usually question where her man is when he goes out.  I inferred from that she doesn't care if he is messing around with other women as long as we gets the ring.  Did anyone else hear this?  I was hoping I missed something in context because, that's just sad.

You didn’t miss anything. That’s what she said. 

They sure have have a weird ass relationship. They’re in Miami for a romantic birthday trip for her, and he sexes her then goes out clubbing from 1:30 to 4:30am on the first night. Then the second night she goes to spend the night  at a different hotel with girlfriends. Weird 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Smacky55 said:

They sure have have a weird ass relationship. They’re in Miami for a romantic birthday trip for her, and he sexes her then goes out clubbing from 1:30 to 4:30am on the first night. Then the second night she goes to spend the night  at a different hotel with girlfriends. Weird 

I know! She kept saying how special he was making her birthday, the expensive gifts, etc...then he bolts the second she falls asleep and the morning she is not throwing a tantrum?  What is happening?  

OMG, that black dress with the neck thing, first thing I thought was she was going to choke if she sat down in it and she did!  She reminded me of Tre who gave the gang the bathing suit fashion show in Miami (and nobody cared, certainly not Joe), Porscha kept changing her outfits and that guy was not the least impressed until she got between him and his steak, then he looked up. 

Is she trying hard with this guy or what?

• Love 4
On 11/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, gunderda said:

I don't think she's playing dumb. Remember, she thought the Underground Railroad was a literal train.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is she trying hard with this guy or what?

She got pregnant so he’d put a ring on it. Can you imagine this child’s life with Porsha as a mother? He’s starting to realize just who he’s now stuck with. I don’t give them a chance in hell of remaining a couple.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I don't think she's playing dumb. Remember, she thought the Underground Railroad was a literal train.

Me either. She’s dumb. Period.

• Love 5

Porscha has annoyed me in the past but dammit if I find her mildly endearing now.  Although she did amp up her crazy to an 11 over Ceelo staying out and her desperation to get that ring is cringworthy.   Poor Gregg.  :(   

I never could and still CANNOT with Marlo.  She is pure, unadulterated trash.   I'm not surprised her and Porsha are friends now, however.  Those two are different sides of the same coin.  Eva also needs to tread a bit more carefully on that line between being snarky and being plain bitchy.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She got pregnant so he’d put a ring on it. Can you imagine this child’s life with Porsha as a mother? He’s starting to realize just who he’s now stuck with. I don’t give them a chance in hell of remaining a couple.

Me either. She’s dumb. Period.

After seeing these two episodes I have no doubt that Porsha getting pregnant was no accident. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Well I know she's dumb... but sometimes she seems to have nice adult conversations with people and appears to be a functioning adult. That whole scene with her 'bae' or whatever with the tooth brush was just...... TOO MUCH.

• Love 4

How did Porsha, who should have been kicked off for the Kendra reunion melee or for the Kandi/Phaedra/Pusha reunion libel, become  the go-to housewife. I think I’m outta here.  By the way, that hideous outfit of Marlo’s that Porsha wore was a Vercase?  And I’m sure that Swagalicious has its share of overpriced ridiculous crap but oh, well, someone must be buying it.  I suspect  that Porsha’s man is enjoying the publicity being on the show but why did he take her looking at ostentatious rings if he planned on giving her a watch and cross? I doubt he has any plan to marry her. Is he the father of her fetus?  Lots of questions.

• Love 5

My only thought after watching this episode is why couldn't Bravo figure out how to cast RHOMiami?  Miami is a fantastic venue for these shows, and there are so many people there happy to ostentatiously flaunt their wealth and fake boobs.  I think they should try again, but with an all Cuban-American cast.

• Love 3