Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, TheView said:

Maybe her friendship with Meghan will stop the screaming matches. 

I foresee a lot of mean girl smirking and smug looks between the two of them directed at everyone else. 

• Love 15

What/who this show REALLY needs is someone to challenge Whoopi...with facts she can't refute.  I'm tired of this being the "Whoopi show" with her "I don't give a crap" attitude.

I stopped watching when she insisted Cosby was innocent, and refused to hear what anyone had to say about him. Makes me wonder just what she knows to 'cover' for her brother. Ugh.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Edit: On Twitter, someone mentioned that she's anti Trump, so maybe we'll get a nuanced discussion on what he's doing then. I'll have to wait and see.

I know that's not going to happen at all. She's guaranteed to be another McCain. You know, the whole song-and-dance: "I didn't vote for him, don't support him" *proceeds to defend everything a.k.a. scream over all the other co-hosts and any guests at the slightest criticism* Sort of like how Meh-gun pretends to be an ally to LGBT, women, etc., but attacked an Olympian who is gay for not going to the White House to shake hands with his oppressors and went into a shrieking fit when Sunny called 2018 "the Year of the Woman" (among many other examples). She pays lip service to being for human rights to get her ass kissed by people who don't know anything about her personally and will treat her like she's somebody to be admired solely because of who her father is (like Van Jones), but everything about her is fake and hollow. Huntsman will be more of the same.

Tunia posted the article that highlights all that needs to be said about who Huntsman really is.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

I foresee a lot of mean girl smirking and smug looks between the two of them directed at everyone else. 

I'm thinking the new arrival will be looking out for #1, and to hell with MM.  It's business, not personal.   LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I'm thinking the new arrival will be looking out for #1, and to hell with MM.  It's business, not personal.   LOL

They will band together to go after Joy, while simultaneously kiss Whoopie's ass to ensure Job security.  I will not be watching this.  Joy is not perfect by any means, but, she has a good heart and means well.  Whereas, people like Megan pay lip service to human rights, but, in the end she is cloaked in her privilege, so she does not care about marginalized groups.  

• Love 20

Finally got around to writing ABC's feedback site (https://abc.go.com/feedback):

"I'm so very disappointed with your decision to hire Abby Huntsman. I don't watch Fox News because the lies and propaganda disgust me. I won't be watching The View with two Foxbots to spread alt-right deceit. 

Meghan was bad enough, but you doubled down.

I will come back as a viewer when they are both gone.

I hope "making sparks" and having shriekfests brings you new viewers, because you are losing many long-time viewers with this move. You could have had Ana, or Tara.

I'm so disappointed."

• Love 23

MM is no longer the lone Republican...something tells me she won’t like that. Still wish they would have went with a true Independent.

sadly Sunny is the only one who’ll be able to go toe to toe with Meg and Abby...Joy and Whoopi sure don’t. 

Wonder if Whoooi regrets pushing Jedi out for Megan?

• Love 5
On 8/10/2018 at 10:05 AM, WarnerCL45 said:

Sorry, it was a joke.  A take on the old commercial "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" - not everyone gets my obscure references!

I get it.  And Kelly LeBrock wasn't beautiful to me on her best day.  I would say to the TV "don't worry, I don't because you are not".

• Love 4

Meghan's pretty but she is overweight. Abby's pretty also and not overweight.  Both have similar bonafides - got where they are because of their parentage. I predict this new panel pairing will not go smoothly. If Joy goes (she's earned her due), who can they bring in to counter MM and Abby?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

ABC made a huge mistake in hiring her.

Honestly, that’s being too kind to ABC. Hiring McCain last Fall was a mistake; they didn't test her and I could give them the benefit of the doubt for not knowing the woman was toxic on top of being unfit for daytime TV. Keeping her on, hiring another just like her, and hiring someone yet again without testing them isn't a mistake. ABC is a disgrace. I wish American Idol had ended up at NBC now, so that I could cut out the channel altogether.

• Love 15
On 8/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, maggiemae said:

Just great, sigh. Abby's net worth is $20M. She owns 5 luxury cars worth $1M, including a Bentley. It will be interesting to see how she feels about the little people and if she labels people like MM  (despite her saying she hates labels). I suppose the topic of Russia will be off the table. In addition to FOX she interned one summer for Diane Sawyer. 

I'm sure I'll tune in to see if it is a train wreck or if Abby can stand up to MM like Ana does.

I read Double Down and they said her father was worth $11 million and that included real estate investments. Also it was rumored during her fathers presidential bid that her grandfather inflated his networth. It wouldn’t surprise me if her networth is inflated. Not happy about this choice but her father is one of the few republicans I can stand.  

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

I wonder if they even read any feedback online?

At this point, I think written letters mailed to the president of ABC are needed.

I don’t think any of that will work. It’s all about the ? ? ? so the ONLY thing that will get these two ear and eyesores off my screen will be advertisers jumping ship.

• Love 10

I think they'll notice a decline in viewership after the first week.  I'm going to give "them" (Meggie & Abby) one week to show me they can have a decent, measured, truthful conversation without contention.  After that ... I don't think I'll be the only one checking out!!!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think they'll notice a decline in viewership after the first week.  I'm going to give "them" (Meggie & Abby) one week to show me they can have a decent, measured, truthful conversation without contention. 

??????????

What, you were serious? That blonde twat had nearly a year to show viewers that. And she FAILED.

• Love 8

I don’t think my blood pressure will allow me to watch this fall, but I will check here to see what you all are saying about the conversations. So sad, I’ve watched this show since 1997 when my VCR taped it while I was at work. I just can’t handle another year of MM shrieking. And with a bff to back her up? Just no.  ?

• Love 18

A reminder: political discussion that's not related to anything on the show is against PTV rules. And since the show is on hiatus, there shouldn't be any political discussion at all. Posts have been removed. 

As a refresher:

5 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Well, with this Putin lover joining the show ABC is one step closer to becoming Russian state TV, ha, ha.

I wanted Ana. Bleh.

I follow Ana on Twitter, and she is on fire today.

• Love 8
On 8/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, Orillia said:

The first week back should be a classic . This place will be on fire. Can't wait. 

Oh it’s gonna be a hot mess, the first week. I went to the doctor recently and was told that my BP was high so the smart thing for me to do is stay away from a lot of things including shows like this - at least for awhile, lol. I can’t wait to see what you all post here though. 

• Love 4

Carole Radziwell is smart and articulate.  I'd watch her on The View.  Carole, Sunny and Joy against Huntsman and McCain might not be too bad.  And Carole has her Kennedy connection.  She's not going to kiss up to Meghan. 

• Love 6
On 2018-08-11 at 7:40 PM, geekburger said:

MM is no longer the lone Republican...something tells me she won’t like that. Still wish they would have went with a true Independent.

sadly Sunny is the only one who’ll be able to go toe to toe with Meg and Abby...Joy and Whoopi sure don’t. 

Wonder if Whoooi regrets pushing Jedi out for Megan?

I know this won’t be popular, but I think the show will be better with another conservative voice. Meghan often has trouble getting her point across, especially when she is outnumbered and interrupted by the liberals on the show. Adding another conservative to the panel should make the conversations more politically balanced.

• Love 2

Two conservatives being at the table isn't a problem, if the person joining the table was a conservative/Trump supporter like Paula, who could have a calm and light conversation despite disagreeing (even vehemently), rather than another shouting FOX troll like McCain. If McCain couldn't get her points across despite sucking up at least 60% of the airtime during hot topics, that's because she's incompetent and not because her co-hosts are "liberal" (a description Sunny wouldn't agree with). If anything, Meghan does the interrupting more than anyone else and the others treated her with kid gloves.

Btw, as you can see from my still-regular posts (lol), I will be reading the forum even if I won't be watching. I'll just be biding my time until someone's fired. :D

• Love 20
4 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

I know this won’t be popular, but I think the show will be better with another conservative voice. Meghan often has trouble getting her point across, especially when she is outnumbered and interrupted by the liberals on the show. Adding another conservative to the panel should make the conversations more politically balanced.

Megan dominates the conversation all the time.  She rudely interrupts everybody, twists people's words to fit her agenda.  The so-called liberals never interrupt her, in fact, they cater to her, to not offend her delicate sensibilities. They preface their rebuttals to her asinine lectures, by telling her that they are not attacking her personally, but, they disagree.  She uses her father's condition as a weapon to keep the women in line.  If they go after her too hard, they will be painted as mean liberals insensitive to her father's plight.  Not to mention, Whoopie is always there to protect her from the mean liberals.  She always gives Megan the last word. 

• Love 23
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan dominates the conversation all the time.  She rudely interrupts everybody, twists people's words to fit her agenda.  The so-called liberals never interrupt her, in fact, they cater to her, to not offend her delicate sensibilities. They preface their rebuttals to her asinine lectures, by telling her that they are not attacking her personally, but, they disagree.  She uses her father's condition as a weapon to keep the women in line.  If they go after her too hard, they will be painted as mean liberals insensitive to her father's plight.  Not to mention, Whoopie is always there to protect her from the mean liberals.  She always gives Megan the last word. 

If Meghan needs back up she isn't doing her job well.

• Love 11

I'm going to watch one week of this potential shit storm and then decide to remove it from my DVR or not....I am retired, and I can do whatever I fucking want.  I've only been watching it because I love Joy so much, always have, always will, for well over 35 years.  Her stand-up back in the day RULED. I just love her. She should have another show that is just her again. She is such a nice interviewer. I even liked that little show she had in her apartment where interesting women came over to visit, it was so much fun. Ahhhhhhhhhhh crap. Cocktail time. Gin and Tonic tonight. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I'm going to watch one week of this potential shit storm and then decide to remove it from my DVR or not....I am retired, and I can do whatever I fucking want.  I've only been watching it because I love Joy so much, always have, always will, for well over 35 years.  Her stand-up back in the day RULED. I just love her. She should have another show that is just her again. She is such a nice interviewer. I even liked that little show she had in her apartment where interesting women came over to visit, it was so much fun. Ahhhhhhhhhhh crap. Cocktail time. Gin and Tonic tonight. 

I agree with everything you said. My gin and tonic was delicious. Really. 

• Love 5
On 8/15/2018 at 6:49 PM, LakeGeorg said:

Carole Radziwell is smart and articulate.  I'd watch her on The View.  Carole, Sunny and Joy against Huntsman and McCain might not be too bad.  And Carole has her Kennedy connection.  She's not going to kiss up to Meghan. 

If Carole's approach to the panel is anything like her approach toward her Real Housewives cast member who was openly supporting Trump, then I personally wouldn't support her on the show. She is smart and articulate but you need to be able to use that intellect to competently debate points, not condescendingly infer that people who disagree with you are not experienced or educated enough to have an opinion. So while she has the background, it doesn't necessarily make her an easy fit, BUT with that said, I suspect that Carole would take a more professional approach on the show and hopefully use solid arguments to rebuttal others. What she did to Ramona on the show when she talked about supporting Trump was shades of Meghan McCain though not as bad because she didn't mis-use poll numbers or screech over everyone else.

• Love 4

Sometimes I wonder what show certain people are watching when they talk about screaming liberals. There's been only one person screaming, and it isn't the liberals.

I would welcome another conservative, but someone like Tara or Ana, not another Foxbot. Why not an intelligent, well-spoken woman, there's many who would fit. I want conversation, not drama.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 20

Apparently so. If the Real Housewives woman is the liberal equivalent of McCain, she's probably at the top of ABC's list of future employees. Giving power to vile people like McCain is only going to keep the table spinning and people leaving anyway, so they'll be sure to go through another 10 co-hosts the next 3 years.

• Love 1

Have you all seen the promo for the new season?  In it Meghan states that she speaks for the middle of the country. Gee, was I out the day we Midwesterners voted for a spokesperson?  Cuz she sure isn't my choice. 

• Love 16