Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

From Disney Press Release, dances for Week 6 (Movie Night):

Drew Scott and Emma Slater – Paso Doblé – “Legend” by The Score (Action)

Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson – Jazz – “Holly Rock” by Sheila E. (Animation)

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold – Rumba – “Supermarket Flowers” by Ed Sheeran (Drama)

Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas – Argentine Tango – “Human” by Sevdaliza (Sci-Fi)

Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd – Samba – “Wild Wild West” by Dru Hill, Will Smith & Kool Mo Dee (Western)

Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev – Argentine Tango – “Dernière Danse” by Indila (Foreign)

Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke – Jive – “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man (Spy)

Vanessa Lachey and Maks Chmerkovskiy – Quickstep – “Let’s Be Bad” from “Smash” (Musical)

Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy – Paso Doblé – “We Will Rock You” by Queen (Sports)

Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd – Samba – “Wild Wild West” by Dru Hill, Will Smith & Kool Mo Dee (Western)

This really sounds like a quite pathetic attempt to reenact Drew's win with "Save a horse..."  I predict it will be borderline creepy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

3 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Giving Mark Sci-Fi — he’s definitely going to turn it up 100% Mark 

aaaannd he's back, I am crossing my fingers that it will be great, but I'm not loving the troupe in this and the music doesn't excite me.

6 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev – Argentine Tango – “Dernière Danse” by Indila (Foreign)

this could be good - the music was used on SYTYCD for an all stars group number, very stylized black and white - really cool,  I like how Artem takes his time with Argentine Tango, they are rarely whirling dirvishes, but more authentic AT. 

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold – Rumba – “Supermarket Flowers” by Ed Sheeran (Drama)

It's a nice tune, I would have liked more Rumba rhythm, but I think they may do a more lyrical style that Thing 1 and Thing 2 will like but Grumpy will ding.

Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke – Jive – “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man (Spy)

Love the music, perfect Jive, hope Terrell is up for the tempo.

1 hour ago, Andie1 said:

aaaannd he's back, I am crossing my fingers that it will be great, but I'm not loving the troupe in this and the music doesn't excite me.

Re:  the troupe...may I ask why?  We haven't even seen the dance yet; it's only two (not an army); and we're halfway through the season and Mark is the last pro standing who hasn't used the troupe yet.  

8 hours ago, Legalgirl82 said:

Re:  the troupe...may I ask why?  We haven't even seen the dance yet; it's only two (not an army); and we're halfway through the season and Mark is the last pro standing who hasn't used the troupe yet.  

Yeah, Jenna might as well be an army and I'm not fond of intimate dances like Argentine tango shared with two others.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, calipiano81 said:

Dance order for Week 6 Movie Night (from George P twitter):

Nikki, Drew, Nick, Victoria, Terrell, Frankie, Vanessa, Jordan, Lindsey

Ok, that's good. That means I can still watch my 8pm TV show without having to worry about missing my favourite dancers. since Frankie, Jordan, and Lindsey are in the second half. 

Not that I hate the others, but ones like Nikki, Drew, and Victoria aren't my favourites. 

• Love 1

Songs for next week!

Halloween night is here for Dancing with the Stars!

Each couple will perform a Charleston, contemporary, paso doblé, jive, tango or Viennese waltz before performing a team dance with their fellow competitors.

The two team captains — Drew Scott and Terrell Owens — were chosen because they had the lowest cumulative scores across the season, and they were given the chance to pick their teams in order to help boost their rankings with both the judges and viewers.

The team dance scores will be combined with the celebrity’s individual dance scores for a final tally.

At the end of the night, based on scores and votes from last Monday, one couple will be eliminated.

Drew Scott & Emma Slater – Charleston – “Remains of the Day” by Danny Elfman
Frankie Muniz & Witney Carson – Contemporary – “Every Breath You Take” by Chase Holfelder
Jordan Fisher & Lindsay Arnold – Paso Doblé – “Animals” by Martin Garrix
Lindsey Stirling & Mark Ballas – Paso Doblé – “Roundtable Rival” by Lindsey Stirling
Nikki Bella & Artem Chigvintsev – Jive – “I Put a Spell on You” by Bette Midler
Terrell Owens & Cheryl Burke – Tango – “Super Freak” by Rick James
Vanessa Lachey & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Paso Doblé – “Game of Survival” by Ruelle
Victoria Arlen & Val Chmerkovskiy – Viennese Waltz – “The Night We Met” by Lord Huron

Click inside for details on the team dances now!

Team Monster Mash – “Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett
Terrell (Team Captain) & Cheryl; Jordan & Lindsay; Lindsey & Mark; and Nikki & Artem.

Team Phantom of the Opera – “Phantom of the Opera” by Original London Cast.
Drew (Team Captain) Emma; Frankie & Witney; Vanessa & Maks, and Victoria & Val.

Contemporary doesn't seem great for Frankie, after his Jazz last week. I agree with whoever said in the episode thread that he's a type that seems to thrive with more structure for his dances. That said, he might be able act his way through it. 

And Artem and Nikki - Hocus Pocus!! Yessssss. 

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 1

Halloween Night - my favorite! 

I'm excited to see Lindsey, Jordan, and Vanessa all do Paso Doble.  It will present a great opportunity to see how these three compare doing the same dance nearly back-to-back. 

Even though TO's team dance is stacked with the best dancers, Drew's team has the more theatrical and popular music with Phantom of the Opera.  That may give Drew's team a little help, which they're certainly going to need!

• Love 2

Got a sneaky feeling Team Drew will surprise us and come out on top. Honestly, don’t underestimate the importance of good music and Drew’s team have by far the better song. I remember season 21 when not even Mark and Derek together could save the day when they got stuck with Ghostbusters. And then there was that awful futuristic song Derek’s team got last year, the dance where Marilu fell over. Plus you know the judges will be extra hard on Terrell’s team, like they were for the all girls team last season, although they also got lumbered with terrible music.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

Got a sneaky feeling Team Drew will surprise us and come out on top. Honestly, don’t underestimate the importance of good music and Drew’s team have by far the better song. I remember season 21 when not even Mark and Derek together could save the day when they got stuck with Ghostbusters. And then there was that awful futuristic song Derek’s team got last year, the dance where Marilu fell over. Plus you know the judges will be extra hard on Terrell’s team, like they were for the all girls team last season, although they also got lumbered with terrible music.

So true!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Emily-D said:

This happens every season. I’m sure she’s injured and in pain but she’ll dance. They’ll just inject her with every painkiller under the sun.

Hopefully she does. I'd really like to see her make it to the finale and potentially win. If not, who is in the finale? Jordan, Frankie, and....Drew? Victoria? 

But her safety does come first so if she is in too much pain, then I hope she heals ok. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hopefully she does. I'd really like to see her make it to the finale and potentially win. If not, who is in the finale? Jordan, Frankie, and....Drew? Victoria? 

But her safety does come first so if she is in too much pain, then I hope she heals ok. 

Assuming Nikki is eliminated tonight it’ll certainly open the door for Victoria or Vanessa to sneak into the final four should she have to withdraw. It would also make the competition Jordan’s to lose unless Frankie starts getting regular tens. I think she’ll be fine though, like I said she’ll drag herself out there if she has to, she only needs the painkillers to work for a few minutes.

I don’t want to make light of Lindsey’s injury because I feel bad every time someone gets hurt but, this happens every season. Tonight it will be a “Will they or won’t they night where the viewers are kept in suspense the entire night because for the sake of drama Lindsey will probably go last. I could be wrong about this though and I hope that I am because I hate this kind-of drama.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 2

Halloween Night dance order from George Pennachio twitter:

Victoria, Jordan, Nikki, Vanessa, Terrell, Lindsey (if she dances), Frankie, Drew

Then team dances, but we don't know which order (though it would make most sense for Team Drew to dance second)

Edited by calipiano81
1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

I don’t want to make light of Lindsey’s injury because I feel bad every time someone gets hurt but, this happens every season. Tonight it will be a “Will they or won’t they night where the viewers are kept in suspense the entire night because for the sake of drama Lindsey will probably go last. I could be wrong about this though and I hope that I am because I hate this kind-of drama.

Yeah, it does happen every season, at least once doesn't it?  Injured beyond belief, but they manage to suck it up and dance their best dance of the season, and score 9's.  We'll see...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

Brutal injury??  my a$$ after what I just saw.  

• Love 3

I don't doubt Lindsey is in pain and that this show is a good way for non-dancers to get injured, but I kind of hate that they're held up as martyrs. It happens occasionally - Melissa Rycroft, Cristian de la Fuente, Tamar Braxton all come to mind. It's frustrating that they still get the "despite the injury ... you were great!" line.

• Love 2

Melissa Rycroft, didn't dance and got a bye week which was utter bs

Lindsey danced.  I thought it was pretty obvious she was in pain, especially when she did those knee cassock moves across the floor near the end of the dance.  That was full on choreography, no short cuts like some get on this show.  She had a pretty significant injury, it hurts like hell.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

She had a pretty significant injury, it hurts like hell.

I never said she didn't, nor did I doubt that she was in pain.

But I have a problem with the idea that this show is worth shooting yourself up with pain meds to continue on a quest to win a sparkly ball on a stick and getting praised to do so. 

Your health should be most important. Cristian de la Fuente and Giles forewent surgery until after their season. Countless others kept up a pretty intense pain management regamine through the season. Heck, Tamar thought she could power through pneumonia and then had to seriously consider whether blood clots in her lungs would be something that should keep her out. 

And yet, the judges praise the "keep going" attitude. I get that to a point, but something's gotta give sometime. 

• Love 5

Trio pairs for next week: http://people.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-trio-week-reveal/

Rashad Jennings (season 24 champion) will be joining Drew Scott and Emma Slater

Corbin Bleu (season 17 runner-up) will be joining Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold

Laurie Hernandez (season 23 champion) will be joining Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy

Alfonso Ribeiro (season 19 champion) will be joining Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson

Kristi Yamaguchi (season 6 champion) will be joining Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas

Kelly Monaco (season 1 champion) will be joining Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke

Corbin & Corbin 2.0 together! (I don't know how I feel about that, I like 2.0 better than 1.0)

• Love 2

Why does TO get a pass with not having a same-sex trio partner and gets Kelly Monaco instead? Was one of Cheryl's top finishing partners unavailable?

I'm curious who there would have asked back if Vanessa or Nikki hasn't been eliminated. Maks seems to have burned a lot of bridges with his former partners and Artem ... doesn't have a lot of capable partners.

7 minutes ago, McManda said:

Why does TO get a pass with not having a same-sex trio partner and gets Kelly Monaco instead? Was one of Cheryl's top finishing partners unavailable?

I'm curious who there would have asked back if Vanessa or Nikki hasn't been eliminated. Maks seems to have burned a lot of bridges with his former partners and Artem ... doesn't have a lot of capable partners.

I was wondering that too about TO's trio. I was also wondering why they couldn't find another winner to come back and had to pull out a single second place finisher...and one who was Karina's partner, no less?

Artem would've had Nancy Kerrigan, I think. Maks would be more difficult since the only partner he seems to still have a relationship with is Erin, who obviously can't do it. I'm guessing by process of elimination it would have been Heather since I don't think any of the others speak to him anymore.

Hmmm. I feel like the weakest trio will be Laurie/Victoria/Val, because Laurie is so different from Victoria.

Kelly/TO/Cheryl could be weak too, but perhaps more on the "Kelly trying to match Cheryl" side rather than with TO. 

Interesting that Corbin is the only runner-up that is included and he wasn't even Lindsay's partner when he competed (I don't think Lindsay was on the show then). But when I saw Corbin I thought OF COURSE he is paired with Jordan/Lindsay.  I think this trio will be good if only because Corbin and Jordan have a very similar style of dancing. I also think Kristi will pair well with Lindsey, Alfonso will pair well with Frankie, and Rashad will pair well with Drew. 

Interesting to bring back former contestants as trio partners. I wonder if we'll get footage of the past contestants doling out their advice for the current contestants.

1 hour ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Trio pairs for next week: http://people.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-trio-week-reveal/

Corbin & Corbin 2.0 together! (I don't know how I feel about that, I like 2.0 better than 1.0)

I think it stinks, the only one who is runner up, everyone else are champs. People will look at Jordan and say, man that's as high as you can go.  They'll look a massively over-scored actor who doesn't dance well and look at Alfonso and say, oh there's a winner.  When the show kicks Jordan off I hope they'll be happy with stiff Frankie, because to me he is just another dregg looking to get work again.

Edited by Andie1
18 minutes ago, McManda said:

They could have easily gone for Drew Lachey for Vanessa, I suppose, since they pulled in Kelly for Cheryl & Terrell. But I wonder if they had other people on deck, or if they would have mixed up the pairings with who they have there. (Like would Laurie come back to be with anyone but Val if Victoria had been eliminated tonight?) 

1 hour ago, kitcloudkicker said:

IMO the only really odd pairing is Laurie with Victoria - my guess is she was chosen to help Victoria with votes.

Rashad was a given considering he's reining champ.  

Corbin and Jordan will be like matching bookends for Lindsay.

Alfonso, someone on the other thread said (paraphrasing) he isn't really coming back since he never leaves.

Kristi will pair well with Lindsay, though as much as I love Kristi, I kinda wish Paige would have been chosen instead, though I saw on IG that Paige was recovering from some kind of injury so maybe she was unable or didn't want to risk re-injury while she's healing.

Kelly is one of Cheryl's best friends so I'm guessing that's why she was picked.  Visually, she and Cheryl will bookend Terrell well.

7 hours ago, Uke said:

Kelly is one of Cheryl's best friends so I'm guessing that's why she was picked.  Visually, she and Cheryl will bookend Terrell well.

Huh, I didn't know that. Kelly first competed before Cheryl was on. The only time they were in the same show was the All-Star season.

I don't really think TO is getting a pass.  Based on the selections, I assumed the pros chose who they wanted to bring back and they were going to have limited options in the sense that most celebs aren't going to be in good enough shape to come back in and jump into a dance with one week prep.  So I imagine many, many celebs would say no.  Also you have to find someone willing to tone down their own dancing and/or willing to blend in and not be the star.  I assume Cheryl roped in Kelly because she and Kelly are close friends.

I don't expect Laurie and Victoria to match up well as I'm not sure Laurie will know how to tone down her Laurie-ness and she will steal the spotlight from Victoria (unintentionally).  That said, if Val was going through his former partner list he didn't have many options that would have said yes/lined up with Victoria.  Normani would outshine Victoria in about 5 seconds, which would be a huge mismatch.  Most of his other recent partners would probably have no interest, either in terms of coming back to the show or are busy elsewhere.  So unless he looked outside of his own partners like Jordan/Lindsay did, Laurie was about it.

15 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Looking forward to Corbin with Jordan and Lindsay.  Jordan does remind me of Corbin in terms of dancing ability and personality.  Unfortunately, I think he might end up not winning the mirrorball too.  They have pleasant personalities but sometimes voters go for magnetic personalities like Amber Riley.  Reading this forum, it seems that people are drawn to Frankie's personality.  i just watch for the dancing so Corbin/Jordan/Lindsay is the trio that I'm looking forward to watching.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, spanana said:

I don't really think TO is getting a pass.  Based on the selections, I assumed the pros chose who they wanted to bring back and they were going to have limited options in the sense that most celebs aren't going to be in good enough shape to come back in and jump into a dance with one week prep.  So I imagine many, many celebs would say no.  Also you have to find someone willing to tone down their own dancing and/or willing to blend in and not be the star.  I assume Cheryl roped in Kelly because she and Kelly are close friends.

I don't expect Laurie and Victoria to match up well as I'm not sure Laurie will know how to tone down her Laurie-ness and she will steal the spotlight from Victoria (unintentionally).  That said, if Val was going through his former partner list he didn't have many options that would have said yes/lined up with Victoria.  Normani would outshine Victoria in about 5 seconds, which would be a huge mismatch.  Most of his other recent partners would probably have no interest, either in terms of coming back to the show or are busy elsewhere.  So unless he looked outside of his own partners like Jordan/Lindsay did, Laurie was about it.

Then Kelly will really have a challenge. She can't overpower TO, but she also has to match Cheryl in execution as both of the ladies in the trio.

12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Huh, I didn't know that. Kelly first competed before Cheryl was on. The only time they were in the same show was the All-Star season.

11 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

My impression is that the friendship started from the All Stars season. 

I don't know when their friendship started or when/how they met but she's often on Cheryl's IG stories for holidays, big events, date nights, etc.

It should be a 60 night for Jordan, he smashed his Foxtrot with such fantastic technique that the Quickstep will be just as stellar.  And the Salsa is such a loose style that he will have fun with Corbin in the trio.  But, the show won't allow him to win and I'm sure Len will try to find an arm that twists differently, or make a comment about his latin heels or some other such BS. They have to over score Frankie to the mirrorball.  

3 hours ago, Andie1 said:

It should be a 60 night for Jordan, he smashed his Foxtrot with such fantastic technique that the Quickstep will be just as stellar.  And the Salsa is such a loose style that he will have fun with Corbin in the trio.  But, the show won't allow him to win and I'm sure Len will try to find an arm that twists differently, or make a comment about his latin heels or some other such BS. They have to over score Frankie to the mirrorball.  

Why won't they allow Jordan to win? He has Disney ties and they seem invested in him. As long as people vote for him, he will win.

• Love 1

Eh.  As often as not, the person that I think should win, doesn't.  It's been that way for 24 seasons.  A few seasons later, I can barely remember who was in the final 3 or 4 without looking it up.  If I ever get so pissed off about the final results that I don't enjoy the process, it'll be time for me to take a break from the show.  I'm looking forward to this trio thing.  Some of the match-ups look like a lot of fun.  Someone upthread posted that she would've liked to see Paige VanZant team up with Mark and Lindsey.  I agree!  That would have been a perfect pairing.  Paige was one of my favorites across the seasons, and one of those I felt should have won the mirror ball.  That was the season I thought Nyle got the edit for "most pitiable" contestant, and the best dancer didn't win. 

• Love 7