Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Sd601 said:

Where's Peta lately? She's not in any instagram stories of the rehearsals, although Maks is. Maybe she's pregnant again and not feeling well?

Oh wait, there she is. I see her in some. Never mind 

47 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What do you suppose this is about? Mini All-Star seasons?

Glad the jr. season is only four weeks instead of a whole season.  That would be awfully fast though. 

Would love a mini All Star season but I thought the first one didn't have great ratings.  It would be nice if the trios gave hints on who is coming back.  But I wouldn't want Kelly to come back since she came back for the first one.  Alfonso, Corbin, and Kristi would be nice even though I know some people think Alfonso has never gone away.  I enjoy watching him dance though.  Those three would create great dances.

I'm so happy we're not going ahead with DWTS Jr. There's nothing about watching kids be under all that stress that appeals to me. Plus, I hate shows where kids can be eliminated live. It's not so bad on a taped show where they can cut and re-film something if a kid has a breakdown, but live there's no safety net. I think about that girl from XFactor who became a meme because of her elimination breakdown. Not entertaining.

Since it's a mini-season, I do hope it's All-Stars. I know the last All-Stars didn't get the best ratings, but I don't know how you do a mini-season with new people. You'll barely see any personality or growth. I think you need known commodities to get people cheering and invested.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The way I read that is that they aren't doing DWTS Jr. at all and replacing it with a mini-four week season of....something.

Oops.  I read it too fast since I'm at work.  You're right.  Reading it again, it sounds like that.

What a fantastic bit of news.  4 weeks is awful short, but not so short as little kids.  YAY!

I was watching some British show called Dancing for comic relief today on youtube - it was good fun - big staged numbers with a non-dancing celebs and actually kinda funny.  Maybe we could do the four genres of art(yes, I know it will never happen, but allow me in this world where DWTS Jr got cancelled BEFORE it tanked to have a moment of giddy artiness) - Comedy, Romance, Irony, Tragedy.  That would be fun.

1 hour ago, Andiethewestie said:

That would be great to have a charity DWTS.  I'll take a mini all stars though as long as it's all stars and not some also rans. 

George Tweeted the Dance Order 

I really hope that's not the order from lowest vote getter to highest I want Jordan and Lindsey to win so bad 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, vibeology said:

I'm so happy we're not going ahead with DWTS Jr. There's nothing about watching kids be under all that stress that appeals to me. Plus, I hate shows where kids can be eliminated live. It's not so bad on a taped show where they can cut and re-film something if a kid has a breakdown, but live there's no safety net. I think about that girl from XFactor who became a meme because of her elimination breakdown. Not entertaining.

Since it's a mini-season, I do hope it's All-Stars. I know the last All-Stars didn't get the best ratings, but I don't know how you do a mini-season with new people. You'll barely see any personality or growth. I think you need known commodities to get people cheering and invested.

I could see them bringing back past 2nd and 3rd place winners for an abbreviated season. I agree it has to be known commodities because it's not enough time to get to know people or for them to really learn much. As someone who hated All Stars, I'll definitely take this over DWTS Jrs.

9 hours ago, vibeology said:

My guess is that they couldn't get enough kids, "pros" or star's kids, willing to subject their children to the kind of pressure we see on the regular DWTS with adults.  Even with adult pros behind the scenes, that's still a lot to put on kids.  And good point about live eliminations - I still vividly remember 14 yr old Willow and her breaking down in tears - and she's a seasoned actor.  Glad to see this questionable idea scuttled. 

• Love 4

Maks, Val and Peta announced their new tour on GMA yesterday.  I think it picks up right after the DWTS tour ends, not that any of them are on that tour.  I presume TPTB won't allow them to use any other DWTS dancers and somebody asked Val why Jenna wasn't included in their little GMA dance number and he said that he really wanted her there and tried but there are bigger forces than him and blah blah blah...which amounts to DWTS has to grant permission to dancers for dance jobs outside of DWTS while under contract and I presume they said no.  I think Val and Peta might be renegotiating contracts anyway, so I'm sure they have a lot more leeway than the newbies.

2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Maks, Val and Peta announced their new tour on GMA yesterday.  I think it picks up right after the DWTS tour ends, not that any of them are on that tour.  I presume TPTB won't allow them to use any other DWTS dancers and somebody asked Val why Jenna wasn't included in their little GMA dance number and he said that he really wanted her there and tried but there are bigger forces than him and blah blah blah...which amounts to DWTS has to grant permission to dancers for dance jobs outside of DWTS while under contract and I presume they said no.  I think Val and Peta might be renegotiating contracts anyway, so I'm sure they have a lot more leeway than the newbies.

I took a screenshot of the reply he gave. Gag me! 

image.jpeg

I guess this is getting to be one of my biggest problems with Maks and to a lesser extent Val --- the total codependence. You people are adults. You're allowed to take jobs, or make career moves, or make charity appearances, or even socialize, on your own without being attached to someone in your fam 24/7. Peta's even worse than Maks because she doesn't seem to have or do anything that doesn't revolve around him. Which is why, even though I don't care for her, I give Jenna credit for continuing to do her thing.

That being said, I'm not so sure this tour will do as well as last time. Maks and Val are a draw but when they start pulling the rest of their fam into things it doesn't go as well, as evidenced by the poor turnout they had for those Sway shows (even the Maks/Peta engagement stunt couldn't save that Miami show). I also think being so close on the heels of the DWTS tour will hurt them as people have already shelled out money for that tour, which includes a lot more of the dancers and is much more appealing to the non-fam fans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I guess this is getting to be one of my biggest problems with Maks and to a lesser extent Val --- the total codependence. You people are adults. You're allowed to take jobs, or make career moves, or make charity appearances, or even socialize, on your own without being attached to someone in your fam 24/7. Peta's even worse than Maks because she doesn't seem to have or do anything that doesn't revolve around him. Which is why, even though I don't care for her, I give Jenna credit for continuing to do her thing.

That being said, I'm not so sure this tour will do as well as last time. Maks and Val are a draw but when they start pulling the rest of their fam into things it doesn't go as well, as evidenced by the poor turnout they had for those Sway shows (even the Maks/Peta engagement stunt couldn't save that Miami show). I also think being so close on the heels of the DWTS tour will hurt them as people have already shelled out money for that tour, which includes a lot more of the dancers and is much more appealing to the non-fam fans.

What thing is Jenna doing on her own?  The only reason she's not on this tour is because DWTS won't let her do it, not because she doesn't want to be.  The one thing Jenna has on her own is SYTYCD and she brought Val along for the ride this past season.  She is going on the DWTS tour but I think that is more out of necessity.  Peta can do what she wants in the sense that she's an established pro with the show who has a spot pretty much there when she wants one.  Jenna is treated as more than a troupe member in many ways, but not being an established pro she still needs to suck up and put in the time if she wants a pro spot.  Jenna needs to kiss up to TPTB in a way that Peta doesn't have to anymore.

I didn't see the first Maks/Val tour but just based on videos plus the dance they did on GMA yesterday, my main issue is that it all seems very stale.  I feel like at this point if you are going to do a new dance show it needs to be fairly innovative or something different than every other dance show we see and they tend to very much stay in their box.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, spanana said:

What thing is Jenna doing on her own?  The only reason she's not on this tour is because DWTS won't let her do it, not because she doesn't want to be.  The one thing Jenna has on her own is SYTYCD and she brought Val along for the ride this past season.  She is going on the DWTS tour but I think that is more out of necessity.  Peta can do what she wants in the sense that she's an established pro with the show who has a spot pretty much there when she wants one.  Jenna is treated as more than a troupe member in many ways, but not being an established pro she still needs to suck up and put in the time if she wants a pro spot.  Jenna needs to kiss up to TPTB in a way that Peta doesn't have to anymore.

I didn't see the first Maks/Val tour but just based on videos plus the dance they did on GMA yesterday, my main issue is that it all seems very stale.  I feel like at this point if you are going to do a new dance show it needs to be fairly innovative or something different than every other dance show we see and they tend to very much stay in their box.

I was referring to SYTYCD and the DWTS tour, but I forgot she pulled Val into SYTYCD. It's all so weird to me because if you remember, a year or so ago TPTB at DWTS seemed ready to dump her. Now she's getting all this special treatment, yet she so far as been one and done as far as being a pro. And I don't know if it's all from being with Val because they haven't even been back together for a year and this has been going on for awhile.

Peta can do what she wants but what I find disturbing is that what she "wants" is always what Maks wants or plans or needs. Other than an occasional mention or QVC appearance, her spray tan has pretty much been forgotten. She was also launching some kind of exercise thing when she got back together with Maks and totally dropped that. She goes to his trainer, uses his vitamins, guest stars on his tour. And don't even get me started that she went along with a wedding that was pretty much exactly what he'd been planning with Karina.

I did see the Maks and Val tour and while it was entertaining, it wasn't great and I felt at the time it needed work. The first half was good but the second half really dragged. But I think Maks and Val just play off their sexy and all the obsessed female fans they have, so they don't feel they need to do much more than shake their asses and take their shirts off.

• Love 1

I think with Jenna it's a combination of having Val and co. backing her with TPTB and demanding things for her probably and also she is Mandy Moore's fave, so she assists Mandy and Mandy will put her front and center in all numbers.  So Mandy has a lot to do with it too, though Mandy clearly doesn't have a say in who becomes a pro.  Mandy can make sure you're seen, but she just can't guarantee you a pro spot.  Dance teachers and choreographers seem to love Jenna because technically she's extremely skilled.

I expect she and the brothers will implode if she doesn't get a pro spot next season (I'm betting she does for the mini season though) because Jenna already posted a thing about how she had lost her love and passion of dance these last few months and blah blah blah.  Yeah, of course she did.  Because she went from being the center of attention at SYTYCD to the troupe/background at DWTS.  If the troupe is beneath you then leave and let Brittany Cherry have her job back.

I think with Peta it's also partly that she's just not that ambitious honestly.  Maybe she was but she seems like now that had Shai, she's more focused on motherhood and that side of her life than her endeavors beyond DWTS.  Jenna is still single (ish) and hungry for fame/success.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, spanana said:

I think with Jenna it's a combination of having Val and co. backing her with TPTB and demanding things for her probably and also she is Mandy Moore's fave, so she assists Mandy and Mandy will put her front and center in all numbers.  So Mandy has a lot to do with it too, though Mandy clearly doesn't have a say in who becomes a pro.  Mandy can make sure you're seen, but she just can't guarantee you a pro spot.  Dance teachers and choreographers seem to love Jenna because technically she's extremely skilled.

I expect she and the brothers will implode if she doesn't get a pro spot next season (I'm betting she does for the mini season though) because Jenna already posted a thing about how she had lost her love and passion of dance these last few months and blah blah blah.  Yeah, of course she did.  Because she went from being the center of attention at SYTYCD to the troupe/background at DWTS.  If the troupe is beneath you then leave and let Brittany Cherry have her job back.

I think with Peta it's also partly that she's just not that ambitious honestly.  Maybe she was but she seems like now that had Shai, she's more focused on motherhood and that side of her life than her endeavors beyond DWTS.  Jenna is still single (ish) and hungry for fame/success.

I don't watch SYTYCD and don't know much about Jenna outside DWTS but I can't handle all her mugging for the camera so she's never been someone I've liked watching. I think it overshadows her dancing, it's so noticeable.

Peta was like this before she had the baby. The first time around with Maks, her world revolved around him and his family. During the breakup she seemed to start focusing on herself but the second Maks took her back, she dropped everything from her business endeavors to her friends and the entire focus of her world became whatever Maks wanted. And that's what it still continues to be. If she was that focused on motherhood and that side of her life, Maks and Val would be touring on their own, rather than her dragging a year old baby around the country on a tour bus for 3 months.

• Love 1

I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but does this Maks/Val/Peta tour mean that all three of them will NOT be participating as pros in the spring mini-season of DWTS? I had a look at their tour schedule, which starts in the latter half of March (same time as DWTS does normally), and it's jam-packed, with several months of them doing multiple shows a week. I just don't see how any of them could do the tour while teaching a celeb partner and appearing on the live DWTS shows. I am seriously giddy at the thought of a season without the C-bros.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BrainyBlonde said:

I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but does this Maks/Val/Peta tour mean that all three of them will NOT be participating as pros in the spring mini-season of DWTS? I had a look at their tour schedule, which starts in the latter half of March (same time as DWTS does normally), and it's jam-packed, with several months of them doing multiple shows a week. I just don't see how any of them could do the tour while teaching a celeb partner and appearing on the live DWTS shows. I am seriously giddy at the thought of a season without the C-bros.

I think we might finally get lucky! Unless DWTS does the season very early or very late in the spring, there's no way they'll be able to tear themselves away from raising the baby on a tour bus to do the mini-season.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our regular pros sat out the mini-season.  I could see them thinking it was beneath them and not a real season therefore not worth their time.  Which is why I think some of the younger/newer pros might get a shot there to show their stuff (Jenna, Alan again, maybe even Hayley, etc.) and in a way a shorter season is probably a good try out for some of them, where they get a taste of it but not the full thing.  The Val/Jenna fans are up in arms that she isn't on the tour but I don't think they realize her being on the tour means she probably couldn't be a pro during the mini season and a televised job is better for her career than background of a tour.

7 minutes ago, spanana said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our regular pros sat out the mini-season.  I could see them thinking it was beneath them and not a real season therefore not worth their time.  Which is why I think some of the younger/newer pros might get a shot there to show their stuff (Jenna, Alan again, maybe even Hayley, etc.) and in a way a shorter season is probably a good try out for some of them, where they get a taste of it but not the full thing.  The Val/Jenna fans are up in arms that she isn't on the tour but I don't think they realize her being on the tour means she probably couldn't be a pro during the mini season and a televised job is better for her career than background of a tour.

Right.  I was also thinking that TPTB don't want Jenna to go on the tour because they might have a pro spot for her in the mini season.   I have no interest in the tour so I didn't see the tour schedule.  If there are shows in the summer, Jenna would also not be free to be an All-Star for SYTYCD if there happens to be another season.  It's in her best interest to not go on the tour.

2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Right.  I was also thinking that TPTB don't want Jenna to go on the tour because they might have a pro spot for her in the mini season.   I have no interest in the tour so I didn't see the tour schedule.  If there are shows in the summer, Jenna would also not be free to be an All-Star for SYTYCD if there happens to be another season.  It's in her best interest to not go on the tour.

Exactly.  I imagine they do want her especially if Peta will be sitting it out and I honestly don't see Cheryl wasting time on a mini season either.  Instead her fans (or her ship fans I guess) have launched a JusticeforJenna hashtag. Lol.  Of the many things in the world that require justice, Jenna not being able to tour with Val is not one of those things.

I've wondered if they might take advantage of the mini-season to bring back some of the original pros who either don't have a place anymore in a regular season (like Tony and Anna) or who have moved on with their careers and don't have three months to dedicate to a full season (like Karina and Derek).

I would think Derek is done because isn't he still attached to that other dance show for a competing network? I'm sure he's not allowed to do both at the same time.  As it is, I don't get the mini season.  Does it count as S26?  Are they going to count the winner of a mini-season on par with the winners of the previous seasons because I'm betting fans will have a big problem with that if 1/3 of the time/effort gets rewarded in the same way as a regular season.  4 weeks isn't enough time to really get invested in any team/celeb.  I'm sure they must have to air something in the spring, but I'm still hoping they rethink it a bit.

25 minutes ago, spanana said:

I would think Derek is done because isn't he still attached to that other dance show for a competing network? I'm sure he's not allowed to do both at the same time.  As it is, I don't get the mini season.  Does it count as S26?  Are they going to count the winner of a mini-season on par with the winners of the previous seasons because I'm betting fans will have a big problem with that if 1/3 of the time/effort gets rewarded in the same way as a regular season.  4 weeks isn't enough time to really get invested in any team/celeb.  I'm sure they must have to air something in the spring, but I'm still hoping they rethink it a bit.

From what Tom said, Season 26 will be in the fall.

The whole #justiceforjenna thing is so stupid. She isnt family because she is f a Cbro doesnt make her family and V has made it clear that this tour is about fam. I have no desire to go see either tour because I went to dwts tour a couple years ago and it was not that good and quite cheesy. Its something about going to watch dancing routines and they all endup looking the same.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

The whole #justiceforjenna thing is so stupid. She isnt family because she is f a Cbro doesnt make her family and V has made it clear that this tour is about fam. I have no desire to go see either tour because I went to dwts tour a couple years ago and it was not that good and quite cheesy. Its something about going to watch dancing routines and they all endup looking the same.

Yes but with the C fam, all you have to do is come within 50 feet of them to be considered family!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Yes but with the C fam, all you have to do is come within 50 feet of them to be considered family!

For a while, yes. Once they don't need someone anymore, they can get lost. Poor Jenna will be dropped like a hot potato once Val breaks up with her again for the millionth time.

• Love 2

I expect that the mini season will be after the Olympics.  I wonder if it'll be after Worlds for figure skating? I think they may be counting on viewer interest raised by the Olympics, but I don't really know any other sports' scheds.  But I mean, surely they want figure skaters?

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

For a while, yes. Once they don't need someone anymore, they can get lost. Poor Jenna will be dropped like a hot potato once Val breaks up with her again for the millionth time.

I have a feeling that, much like Maks, Val sees everyone around him settling down and will settle for whatever he can quickly and easily get without much effort.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I expect that the mini season will be after the Olympics.  I wonder if it'll be after Worlds for figure skating? I think they may be counting on viewer interest raised by the Olympics, but I don't really know any other sports' scheds.  But I mean, surely they want figure skaters?

I would love to see Ashley Wagner or Jason Brown. Or maybe the Shibutanis competing against each other. Or Tessa Virtue. Oh dang, we can always dream!

• Love 2

I do expect that the mini-season would be chock full of Olympians fresh off the Winter Olympics.  I would like to see Jason Brown.  I think he would embrace it wholeheartedly.

I think with Val yes, all of his friends have gotten married and are now starting to have kids so I think he feels left out and wants to settle down.  If he finds happiness with Jenna then so be it.  They might very well be in love but there certainly is a revisionist history happening.  Jenna deleted her former blogs talking about she had gotten out of an unhealthy one-sided toxic relationship (which was very much about Val) and in interviews they talk about how they have been together for 2-3 years.  Yeah, only if you don't count the part where he dated Amber Rose and she dated whoever and the various points where they were broken up or in hiding.  My issue with the justiceforjenna thing was less about their relationship and more about the fact that you have to be quite privileged and blind by what is happening in the world to truly make something as silly as that your cause.  Lots of things need justice.  That isn't one of them.

This is only tangentially related but since it related to a DWTS alum, Aly Raisman's letter she wrote to the court for the sentencing of the USA Gym doctor who sexually assaulted her and countless others is quite a powerful read in terms of how sexual assault has shaped her life and continues to do so.  Considering recent events, maybe something Sharna should read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aly-raisman-gymnast-olympian/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, spanana said:

I do expect that the mini-season would be chock full of Olympians fresh off the Winter Olympics.  I would like to see Jason Brown.  I think he would embrace it wholeheartedly.

I think with Val yes, all of his friends have gotten married and are now starting to have kids so I think he feels left out and wants to settle down.  If he finds happiness with Jenna then so be it.  They might very well be in love but there certainly is a revisionist history happening.  Jenna deleted her former blogs talking about she had gotten out of an unhealthy one-sided toxic relationship (which was very much about Val) and in interviews they talk about how they have been together for 2-3 years.  Yeah, only if you don't count the part where he dated Amber Rose and she dated whoever and the various points where they were broken up or in hiding.  My issue with the justiceforjenna thing was less about their relationship and more about the fact that you have to be quite privileged and blind by what is happening in the world to truly make something as silly as that your cause.  Lots of things need justice.  That isn't one of them.

This is only tangentially related but since it related to a DWTS alum, Aly Raisman's letter she wrote to the court for the sentencing of the USA Gym doctor who sexually assaulted her and countless others is quite a powerful read in terms of how sexual assault has shaped her life and continues to do so.  Considering recent events, maybe something Sharna should read.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aly-raisman-gymnast-olympian/

Pardon my ignorance... do you mind sharing what you mean by "Considering recent events..." and your reference to Sharna?

I do hope Ally and the other gymnasts are able to move forward from this. What a sick guy to do that to them :-(

The athlete season might be promising. I wish TPTB would see the cover of SI and get Jose Altuve and JJ Watt, two genuinely good guys. If they did it for charity they could probably get some pretty big names.

2 hours ago, Bliss said:

Pardon my ignorance... do you mind sharing what you mean by "Considering recent events..." and your reference to Sharna?

Sharna has decided to defend Nick Carter, who was accused of rape by a former pop star way back during his peak fame.  Mostly by poking holes in his accuser's story (not directly but linking towards biased sites that do) and playing the he's the nicest most respectful person card.  There is much discussion of it in her thread.

I also have to really commend Aly because she is not a retired gymnast.  Up until recently she was talking about trying to make another go at it.  I'm not sure if her plans have changed, but with how strong she's come out against USA Gym for their non action, there is no way they are going to be in her corner.  She is coming after them hard, rightfully so, but I'm sure for a non retired gymnast it will effect her career should she choose to continue.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, spanana said:

Sharna has decided to defend Nick Carter, who was accused of rape by a former pop star way back during his peak fame.  Mostly by poking holes in his accuser's story (not directly but linking towards biased sites that do) and playing the he's the nicest most respectful person card.  There is much discussion of it in her thread.

I also have to really commend Aly because she is not a retired gymnast.  Up until recently she was talking about trying to make another go at it.  I'm not sure if her plans have changed, but with how strong she's come out against USA Gym for their non action, there is no way they are going to be in her corner.  She is coming after them hard, rightfully so, but I'm sure for a non retired gymnast it will effect her career should she choose to continue.

Thanks for your response, spanana. I don't frequent all the threads, so I was unaware of Sharna's choice to defend Nick Carter. I think I'll take a pass on reading that as my perspective is biased for anyone who's survived abuse and that's where my support resides. "Me too." Abusers don't need defending - they need therapy and to make amends, if possible. (Anyone can be the nicest, most respectful person to some people... and the worst bossturd to others. JMO)

Aly's article cut to the core - and is another layer of revelation for so many who've been abused.

4 hours ago, spanana said:

I think with Val yes, all of his friends have gotten married and are now starting to have kids so I think he feels left out and wants to settle down.  If he finds happiness with Jenna then so be it.  They might very well be in love but there certainly is a revisionist history happening.  Jenna deleted her former blogs talking about she had gotten out of an unhealthy one-sided toxic relationship (which was very much about Val) and in interviews they talk about how they have been together for 2-3 years.  Yeah, only if you don't count the part where he dated Amber Rose and she dated whoever and the various points where they were broken up or in hiding. 

Again, he's following in Maks's footsteps. Maks seriously said in an interview that he and Peta never really broke up. Seriously Maks? Did we all just imagine those six months you were "dating" Kate Upton and you and Lizzie Grubman were plastering it in any tabloid you could find? Or the months you were pretending to date JLo? Did we all imagine when you went on Access Hollywood and said you were single, and that your relationship with Peta was over? 

This is why I don't buy either of the C bros and their relationships. 

• Love 1

Gleb said in the "On the Pointe" with Kristyn Burtt interview that the mini season might be All Star athletes. and that it could be 4-6 weeks (previously it was a firm 4 weeks).

I would prefer All Star Athletes. A mini season is too hard to get to know someone. Even the first 6 week season 1 was too short.

I'd like to see these couples if it really is All Stars

1. Paige/Mark

2. Laurie/Val

3. Nastia/Sasha

4. Nancy/Artem

5. Meryl/Maks

12 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

Gleb said in the "On the Pointe" with Kristyn Burtt interview that the mini season might be All Star athletes. and that it could be 4-6 weeks (previously it was a firm 4 weeks).

I would prefer All Star Athletes. A mini season is too hard to get to know someone. Even the first 6 week season 1 was too short.

I'd like to see these couples if it really is All Stars

1. Paige/Mark

2. Laurie/Val

3. Nastia/Sasha

4. Nancy/Artem

5. Meryl/Maks

It would make more sense to use All Star athletes since 4-6 weeks is too short to get to know new athletes.   I would remove Laurie and Meryl from your list since they already won.  Plus, I would add some male stars with female pros.  So my list would be:

1.  Paige/Mark

2.  Nastia/Val

3. Simone/Sasha

4. Nancy/Artem

5. James/Sharna or Charlie/Sharna

6. Calvin/Lindsay?  Or another football player?

Edited by realdancemom