Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

(edited)

During her short interview, Jodie said (as far as DWTS goes) they've already been rehearsing, various dance styles, for what she called "a couple of days" & they're hoping Keo will get to stay around longer than his previous first & second week vote outs. She sounded like she likes him, by the way; she said he's a good teacher.

Robert Herjavec & Kym Johnson were also on GMA today. They were on, in a short live remote segment from LA, during the 8AM Eastern half hour talking about their engagement.

Edited by BW Manilowe

Wonderful! The Houghs are out, Keo finally got a ringer, and the beautiful Edyta might be back. This season already sounds promising. And Peta's partner is a hot babe. Yes!! This might be the first full season I've watched in years.

• Love 3

Tom will miss the S22 full cast reveal, which is scheduled for Tuesday's edition of Good Morning America, due to the funeral services for his mother (who died earlier this weekend, just 4 months after his father died during the last season of DWTS). I linked to his Tweet about it in the Bergeron and Andrews (Hosts) thread.

And it was also confirmed that Golden Boy is definitely out this season.  Hallelujah!

Which means I will probably not even bother to watch! I like Derek and what he brings to the show.

• Love 6

I am looking forward to this season more than I have for a very long time.

No Houghs!

No obvious winners.

Proper B, C and D-listers.

Len's back.

No Houghs!

Delighted!

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 6

Where did Wade get the idea that a "return to what's already worked" includes "surprise celebrity guest judges"?  When were the blatherings of celeb "judges" (ha!) anything more than a total waste of time?   And "editorial pieces full of humor" - ohhhh that's worrisome!

Rob Wade has a lot of dumb ideas, but the non-dancing content sounds like the dumbest. I sure hope we don't get more filler. I sure wouldn't watch if they cut the dancing more than they already have. 

• Love 1

Rob Wade has a lot of dumb ideas, but the non-dancing content sounds like the dumbest. I sure hope we don't get more filler. I sure wouldn't watch if they cut the dancing more than they already have.

If it's stuff like DanceCenter, I'm okay with that kind of content. I'm even okay somewhat with interviewing the pros about the dance styles/competition/etc that they've done in the past on the results shows.

If it's more fluff to the packages & sobby backstories of the contestants, they can leave that at the door tyvm.

• Love 1

I'd actually like the non-dancing content to be things like more of the rehearsal packages and the clips where we got to see the pros pep talking the celebs through their dances. Stuff that pertains to the dancing and the competition that isn't just straight "watch them dance, watch them get scores" repeat for the next couple.

But not the fluff pieces (I don't need to see the couples go paintballing or arts and crafting or whatever. And definitely no more prolonged sob stories, thanks.

• Love 2

Hmm. Think more Fast-Forwarding than before. If Wayland Flowers and Madame show up, I'M OUT!

That would be a supernatural feat, if they do. Wayland Flowers died in October, 1988.

Besides Mischa Barton blogging for People magazine (which I think was mentioned in her thread), Jodie Sweetin's also blogging for People & Sharna Burgess is blogging for the website for the TV show Extra (posts will appear there on Tuesdays).

Edited by BW Manilowe

And more show bloggers for celebrity media outlets this season:

Karina Smirnoff's also blogging for People magazine, which makes 3 people on the show for that 1 magazine--Mischa, Jodie & Karina (It really takes 3 of this year's cast members to replace Derek Hough, their previous DWTS blogger?).

And Carrie Ann Inaba's blogging for Access Hollywood's website.

Nyle's interviewed in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly and will also be blogging for People.

OK that makes 4 cast members blogging just for People (Karina, Nyle, Jodie & Mischa). I get they're all from different couples, & so their perspectives would obviously be different, but isn't that a lot of people blogging about the same thing for the same media outlet--as in, why not spread the wealth among the other celebrity media outlets? I don't think Entertainment Tonight has a blogger for S22 yet. Just saying.

By the way, Artem Chigvintsev's blogging this season for the Just Jared website & Witney Carson's blogging for Just Jared's sibling site, Just Jared Jr.

Edited by BW Manilowe

Including when she wasn't on, or was 17 after she came back? Things blur together after awhile.

Karina's recent season off was season 20. Season 17 - 19 she was paired with Corbin Bleu, Sean Avery, Randy Couture. Last season she partnered Victor Espinoza. She blogged during all those seasons for People.

I know she also did so in some prior seasons off-and-on, but the above are the most recent, consecutive ones I was referring to.

ETA: this reminded me how little we've seen of her these latter seasons, and unfortunately she's likely due another week 2 - 3 elimination. And for anyone that might be new to the show: she's widely regarded as not only the best dancer on the show, but one of the best in any setting, so it's especially sad that we don't get to see her dance full out anymore.

Edited by Mbeaker
  • Love 1

I really like Cheryl, but she shouldn't have dissed a former partner like that, no matter how much of a jerk he was. I'm sure all the pros have had someone they didn't like very much. She's usually pretty classy, so this surprised me. Kudos to her for apologizing about the suicide comment, though.

I really like Cheryl, but she shouldn't have dissed a former partner like that, no matter how much of a jerk he was. I'm sure all the pros have had someone they didn't like very much. She's usually pretty classy, so this surprised me. Kudos to her for apologizing about the suicide comment, though.

Ditto. I was really surprised by this. I would think she's been in the business long enough to know that this can only damage her reputation, not enhance it.

• Love 1

I thought it was harsh and unprofessional about the comments made of Ian. If you're asked about someone you don't like then just answer with a vague "our personalities clashed". I'm even more bothered about the fact that made fun of his name. It's his name. His parents chose it. Just because most people pronounce it differently doesn't really give her the right to make fun of it or complain about it. And his pronounciation might originate from a different country or something.

• Love 3

I listened to part of the podcast, and she likened the pronunciation to being "Hollywood." And maybe he is a diva, and all around unlikable to be around, I don't know. I wish, though, she had shown more restraint. I understand the guests on that show get candid ala Howard Stern's show, but I still think Cheryl went a bit too far.

• Love 1

Unpopular Opinion coming...people are too damn sensitive! Someone asked her a question and pardon her for not be PC. She was only emphasizing how much of an ass he was by saying she wanted to slit her wrists. I've heard many people respond in the same way to adversity (i.e. I wanted to shoot myself). Everyone knows not to take it seriously. I applaud Cheryl for honesty. She didn't go into details, so what's the harm?

• Love 3

Cheryl sure can't seem to shut up lately. I wonder what's up? Her latest People interview is also going to raise some eyebrows. Apparently Maks C is a good kisser and she dated Mark Ballas at one time. What a strange time to say those things now that both men are engaged. Time to zip it, Cheryl.

• Love 3

I listened to part of the podcast, and she likened the pronunciation to being "Hollywood." And maybe he is a diva, and all around unlikable to be around, I don't know. I wish, though, she had shown more restraint. I understand the guests on that show get candid ala Howard Stern's show, but I still think Cheryl went a bit too far.

Well, and the strangest part about all this to me is that Ian Ziering has a reputation of being a pretty nice and easy going guy.  I guess that could all be directed towards fans, but even with all the rumblings about backstage drama on 90210, his name is never really brought up as an issue, and is usually cited as one of the people who stayed out of it.  I guess I have a hard time seeing how Ian was worse than her partnership with DL Hughley (who clearly hated the experience and wasn't shy about it) or Drew Carey, who full on said he preferred his one-week with Whitney to his time with Cheryl.  

I do kind of wonder if some of her frustration at the time was that he wasn't as good of a dancer as her two previous partners, and that it would be her first season not really being a contender.      

Well, and the strangest part about all this to me is that Ian Ziering has a reputation of being a pretty nice and easy going guy.  I guess that could all be directed towards fans, but even with all the rumblings about backstage drama on 90210, his name is never really brought up as an issue, and is usually cited as one of the people who stayed out of it.  I guess I have a hard time seeing how Ian was worse than her partnership with DL Hughley (who clearly hated the experience and wasn't shy about it) or Drew Carey, who full on said he preferred his one-week with Whitney to his time with Cheryl.  

I do kind of wonder if some of her frustration at the time was that he wasn't as good of a dancer as her two previous partners, and that it would be her first season not really being a contender.      

Am I the only one that watched Celebrity Apprentice (yes, I know)?  He was awful.  Extremely pretentious, full of himself, disrespectful to people, loved hearing the sound of his own voice and etc.  I don't really understand why Cheryl decided to unleash on him now and I don't really think that is professional behavior, but I fully buy that Ian is awful.  If he was portraying his true self on Apprentice, then I wouldn't want to be around him ever.  He's also the type that always thinks he's the smartest in the room and knows everything and doesn't let anyone else talk, so I could see that being a frustrating teaching situation.

Also not a secret about Cheryl/Maks.  I thought that was common knowledge.  I don't think they ever seriously dated but were more of a friends with benefit type thing.  I vaguely even remember seeing footage of Maks/Cheryl getting all cozy at some concert or night club right after the Maks/Erin Andrews season.

Ha ha Karina.  Well, so far Karina and Sasha have somewhat hit back about their supposed lack of content, and in Karina's case other things, as has Shirley Ballas.   I know Shirley is biased as heck but she wasn't too happy with Maks. 

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

I, too, saw Ian on Celebrity Apprentice and agree 100% with everything you said above. I couldn't wait until he was gone.

I think the problem probably stems from the fact that Cheryl is a perfectionist and Ian thinks his shit don't stink...hence the clash. He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips and if Cheryl pointed out any mistakes, he no doubt resented her for that.

Multiple reports (TVLine, Rickey, and PureDWTS among them) have said that Jodie had to be taken from rehearsal yesterday to the hospital due to an ankle injury.

Unclear yet whether it's so serious that it will prevent her from dancing with Keo next Monday...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15