Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/22/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, General Days said:

To be fair to Meghan (whom I dislike) and Sunny (whom I usually like), I'd have said I was still mourning John McCain and couldn't go to that party, either.

And yet...here she is just days later with Erica Jayne!

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, suomi said:

FFS, it just hit me that MM thinks that she is Erica Jayne, in a parallel universe. Ah, yes, the resemblance is striking. 

1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

ewwwwwwwwwww suomi I think you hit on something there kid.

Oh wow. Yep. You nailed, suomi!

Here goes my savings account for that $56 face cream, and $30 earring backs, but I would chip in for a go-fund-me that got Meghan off The View, out of politics, and launched her into space a career as an "entertainer." 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Erika Jayne is the alter ego of a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills - Erica Girardi (married to Tom Girardi - the lawyer known for the Erin Brocovich case).  She has a "vanity career" as a singer/club performer.  She has a following - mostly fans of the RH franchise, and she performs at a lot of gay clubs and venues.  She has plenty of her own money to promote herself and finance her performances.  From what I've seen on the RH shows, most of her work is auto-tuned, and her performances are all about sexy costumes, sexy dance moves and a big group of male dancers behind her.  

She's annoying, self-serving, spoiled, loud and makes no apologies, ever (Her favorite line during one of her seasons on the RH show is that she "gives zero f*cks"....).  She's very phony, imo.  No wonder Meghan likes her so much - they are very much alike!  

So glad I missed that part of the show!  

There’s something very sad about a grown woman trying that hard. 

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And yet...here she is just days later with Erica Jayne!

That was my point. I would have been all "The dog ate my homework,"  (i.e. used any excuse) to skip out on Sunny's 50th birthday ego massage. I don't fault Meghan for that one. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, General Days said:

That was my point. I would have been all "The dog ate my homework,"  (i.e. used any excuse) to skip out on Sunny's 50th birthday ego massage. I don't fault Meghan for that one. 

Maybe she wasn't invited.

• Love 13

Who the hell is Erika Jane and why is Meghan totally losing her shit over her?

Eryka Jayne is a minor dance music artist, targeted to gay clubs who got a huge publicity boost by joining the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills several years ago. She became a fan favorite her first season, but has started to slip in popularity on the show as glimpses of her volatile temper and general bad attitude have been revealed.  She guested with Meghan before on Andy Cohen's nightly show and since then Meghan has of course labeled her as a "friend." Eryka was on the View once before too to promote her book, I think and Meghan tried to hype their friendship.  Being buddy buddy with Meghan Mccain is not really doing Eryka any favors with the gay community (her main fan base.) I think Andy Cohen is friendly with Meghan because she's so vocal about being a fan of the Bravo network.

• Love 13

I just re-watched the second half of the show on mute while I was on my exercise bike with headphones on.  Yesterday, I was questioning whether anything in life makes Meghan happy.  One thing I can say with 100% certainty is that Erika Jayne makes Meghan happy.  Very, very, very happy!!!!

• Love 14

Crips I've never seen Megan do turned up. Screeching for the talented world famous Erica. I can't believe she knows the words that to song. Wonder what her in laws think about that gem?  How just how do you arrive at her age come to idolize that  crass foul mouth Self indulged gold digger?  

Flake was useless so why invite him back? 

My doggie is very sick so I'm extra crabby. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

That jump suit can NOT be the same one that Dorinda wore on Real Housewife’s. Dorinda is MUCH slimmer than Meghan the Birthday Clown. 

I don't know who that is but I just assumed the housewives are all skinny.  When Meggie said AC, she could not believe he was giving her this, referring to the one the housewife wore, he clarified and said it was a gift from the designer.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

That jump suit can NOT be the same one that Dorinda wore on Real Housewife’s. Dorinda is MUCH slimmer than Meghan the Birthday Clown. 

I don't think it was the jumpsuit that actually belongs to Dorinda Medley - rather, the same jumpsuit, in Meghan's size.  I bolded exactly what I think Meghan would look like in it - somehow, all those sequins and stripes would not be an attractive look for Meghan's body.  

BTW - The jumpsuit retails for $640.00!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

How just how do you arrive at her age come to idolize that crass foul mouth Self indulged gold digger?  

Because that's what she aspires to, but POLITICS held her back?   I loved noticing Erica's body-shaper that extended to her upper arms.

11 hours ago, Radar said:

I think Andy Cohen is friendly with Meghan because she's so vocal about being a fan of the Bravo network.

And because Andy is a needy-needy fameho, hitching his wagon to any level of "star"!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 19
28 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Hate, hate Andy.  Such a big, nothing!   ?

I love Anderson Cooper but question my love for him because of his friendships with this fool, Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos, 3 individuals whose heads are so far up their own asses it's a wonder they can breathe. 

• Love 23
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Add me to the list.  Not surprised he likes Meghan.  Two people who have way too high opinions of themselves.

But he says he likes her because he can have a respectful discussion with her about politics. He should do a special episode of his show " MM - the unseen side "

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I love Anderson Cooper but question my love for him because of his friendships with this fool, Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos, 3 individuals whose heads are so far up their own asses it's a wonder they can breathe. 

Omg I thought it was just me! Yes I was disappointed when I realized what good friends they are too. 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Omg I thought it was just me! Yes I was disappointed when I realized what good friends they are too. 

Maybe he’s not an obnoxious, meatball in private?   I laugh at myself.   ???

• Love 5

They actually had a good interview with Jeff Flake. I thought McCain would be more crazy than usual and make sure nobody could ask a question since it's her birthday and make the interview all about herself, but Sunny, Whoopi, and Joy all got good questions in, particularly Joy bringing up the fact that the FBI investigation wasn't in-depth and used to cover them politically when they voted yes anyway. I'm glad, after he evaded Sunny's question about whether he found Ford's testimony credible with "all women should believed" and then contradicted himself a minute later, Sunny said, "So you didn't believe her." You can't have it both ways, Flake.

• Love 20

If tomorrow’s show addresses the Megyn Kelly thing, I better not see that pic of Joy from a Halloween party where she thought it was cool to dress up and tan go advancement a “Black Woman. Unless she realizes it was in bad taste then, now, and forever, don’t bring it up.

I didn’t watch today’s show because I love myself. I can’t take that kind of torture.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 8

Everyone was in such a good mood today (aside from Joy who is always aloof and goes for the joke). I think this panel really gets along?

but really the most interesting part of this episode is when Whoopi is on tour we get Joy as moderator so we hopeflly get Yvette Nicole or Ana as guests co hosts?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Joy .." are we done yet?" or "just kill me now."

rps20181023_165549.jpg

Joy's expression is everything, lol, Damn!

Why is Whoopie so enthralled with Megan? I don't get it. 

I think Megan is still hurting and her over the top enthusiasm was a way of dulling the pain. She acted like Madonna or Janet Jackson was performing today.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

If tomorrow’s show addresses the Megyn Kelly thing, I better not see that pic of Joy from a Halloween party where she thought it was cool to dress up and tan go advancement a “Black Woman. Unless she realizes it was in bad taste then, now, and forever, don’t bring it up.

I didn’t watch today’s show because I love myself. I can’t take that kind of torture.

This one? Yep..very bad taste.

I say that as a 66 year old white woman that used to dress up in very questionable costumes when I was a kid. (don't kill me, I'm being honest)

rps20181023_184811.jpg

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

What am I missing about the Joy photo from the past? I think she looked fine.

Same here. That’s what she looked like when that picture was taken. Her hair really was that curly and dark. It’s not her dressing up for Halloween.

• Love 14

She said about the photo that she intentionally made her skin darker to look like a black Woman. Black people aren’t costumes. You don’t have to darken your skin to dress up as a famous black person. What’s there not to get?

• Love 2

Googled it - on Jezelbel. Photo from 1971 and discussed in 2016 on the show. No one, including herself, took her seriously that she dressed as "a beautiful African woman."

Big whoop. Even Raven was not offended nor the rest of the panel that were giggling along with Joy at the silliness of it.

ETA - I'm not a fan of black face at ALL - just saying I can hardly take Joy seriously with any ill intent.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Googled it - on Jezelbel. Photo from 1971 and discussed in 2016 on the show. No one, including herself, took her seriously that she dressed as "a beautiful African woman."

Big whoop. Even Raven was not offended nor the rest of the panel that were giggling along with Joy at the silliness of it.

ETA - I'm not a fan of black face at ALL - just saying I can hardly take Joy seriously with any ill intent.

Plus, Whoopie joked that Joy has Arab blood in her due to her Italian heritage and that Africa is a boat ride away .   That is her natural hair in that picture above.  Joy said that she was teased at school because of her ethnic hair.  Her grandson inherited her hair.. Some people might think that he is mixed with Black because of it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I thought maybe Meghan's very best friend Clay Aiken might be on, but, instead we get Erika Jane.  Ugh.

Clay was in L.A. Saturday and Sunday appearing at Politicon.  He may have stayed over a few days to visit his son who lives there.  Or, if he returned to NY Monday, he's probably busy with rehearsals for an upcoming Broadway Christmas show.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Erika Jayne seemed very uncomfortable with Meghan acting like a 12 year old at a NSYNC concert back in the 90s, and, if you can make Erika uncomfortable, you need to tone it down.

If anyone watches Real Housewives (and I think you do, Bronzedog) - Erika Jayne is always VERY uncomfortable with any close interaction with anyone.  She's not just "XXpensive" - she's an ice queen.  Another similarity between EJ and Meghan that I think that Meghan relates to.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11

Whoopi is the same person that encouraged her white boyfriend show up to a roast in blackface. Raven is the same person who had no problem with someone comparing  Michelle Obama to an ape. Who cares what they think? Any white person who paints her skin darker to look black is doing blackface no matter what their intent is. There are certain things you just shouldn’t do.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Talk about much ado about nothing. I'm sure Twitter will repeat it though because Twitter tends to repeat fake "gotcha" lies eternally.

I remember her showing the photo, but I don't remember what she said (apparently it went by without comment because I don't remember an outcry over blackface here). The Jezebel article you talked about says "Joy helpfully notes, after being asked by Raven-Symoné if she was wearing tanning lotion, that she was in fact wearing makeup 'little bit darker than [her] skin.'" ??? I don't get it. It doesn't look or sound like blackface at all?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6

Good grief - I tanned for 30 years - never thought anything about it until I heard it was not healthy. Not trying to look like a POC - just thought it looked wonderful being tan. Being a POC is beautiful nevertheless. I'm truly not understanding all of this.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Same here. That’s what she looked like when that picture was taken. Her hair really was that curly and dark. It’s not her dressing up for Halloween.

I remember them showing this pic of Joy many times over the years, and yes, Whoopi and Joy joke about it, and her fro. Don't ever recall that Joy was another Rachel Dolezal.  Usually everyone marvels at how stunning she looks in the photo.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

It took a long time for the friendship to coalesce.  They met (I think) on a blind date.  The first thing Andy did was gush and overreact about Anderson's famous mother.  That did it.  Anderson didn't see him again (apparently) for years.  Anderson is just a kind person who seems to put up with all the blowhards...easily.

• Love 8

Please keep your posts confined to discussion of what was talked about on the show and not about what might be discussed on an upcoming show. 

14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They actually had a good interview with Jeff Flake. I thought McCain would be more crazy than usual and make sure nobody could ask a question since it's her birthday and make the interview all about herself, but Sunny, Whoopi, and Joy all got good questions in, particularly Joy bringing up the fact that the FBI investigation wasn't in-depth and used to cover them politically when they voted yes anyway. I'm glad, after he evaded Sunny's question about whether he found Ford's testimony credible with "all women should believed" and then contradicted himself a minute later, Sunny said, "So you didn't believe her." You can't have it both ways, Flake.

Yes, but as Flake pointed ou, if all it takes is an accusation to get kicked out, then anytime a judge is to be confirmed this could happen. Is that the kind of world you would want to live in? I don’t get why the ladies just ignored that point. Flake basically said that and then two minutes later whoopi was asking the question again. I thought that Glake was pretty gracious. He could have said that he just answered that.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't know who that is but I just assumed the housewives are all skinny.  When Meggie said AC, she could not believe he was giving her this, referring to the one the housewife wore, he clarified and said it was a gift from the designer.

LMAO - I heard that too, and I saw Andy pause when he held it up for all to see, he wasn't sure if he wanted us to see that it was kind of big.  And to piggyback on you....that was NOT Dorinda's jumpsuit.  MM couldn't fit a leg it in if it were (I couldn't either, js)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

Yes, but as Flake pointed ou, if all it takes is an accusation to get kicked out, then anytime a judge is to be confirmed this could happen. Is that the kind of world you would want to live in? I don’t get why the ladies just ignored that point. Flake basically said that and then two minutes later whoopi was asking the question again. I thought that Glake was pretty gracious. He could have said that he just answered that.

Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh were the only two SCOTUS nominees to be accused of this.  If it was just one party wanting to derail the other party's nominee then everyone from Elena Kagan to Neil Gorsuch would have been accused of something.

• Love 13