Type keyword(s) to search

FBI - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

On 1/11/2022 at 10:22 PM, MerBearHou said:

I’m really loving the Tiff/Scola partnership.  I also liked that Maggie and OA were background — they were useful and involved, but not front and center.

Me too!  I don't like Maggie and I'm tired of the OA/Maggie team working every case.  I love Scola and think adding Tiffany as his partner was a smart move.  I really enjoy them and hope to see more of them and less of OA/Maggie.

ETA:  I wasn't the least bit sorry to see Rina go.   She was an unnecessary and unlikeable character.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Oh, dear. Rina is gone. What a tragedy. *examines nails*

On 1/11/2022 at 9:24 PM, mythoughtis said:

So the mother blamed Jubal for her death.  It was Rina’s choice to be in the FBI.  She took risks every day. It was Rina’s choice to transfer to this office.  Not Jubal’s. 

Agreed. Logically I could never hold a mother's irrational grief against her, but I don't care about this one-off character, so that scene just grated. Jubal certainly didn't make Rina do anything. 

I did like the case! Generally a solid use of all the characters. And thankfully it wasn't Tiff, Scola, Maggie, or OA's turn to be overly involved and inappropriate, lol.

• Love 4
On 1/11/2022 at 10:45 PM, preeya said:

The guy that runs the computer for Jubal is like a HUMAN GOOGLE ON STEROIDS.

He gets answers before he completes his input.

Do the show-runners envision the viewers as naive idiots and think we buy into this obvious bullshit (i.e. never a typo, never a delay, never an error). GMAFB!!!  

I get what you're saying, but it's my favorite part of the show.  I love the bullpen.  I love the efficiency and how they can all read Jubal's mind and have his answers before he finishes telling them what to do.  I make enough typos, I don't need the show delayed with them or annoying autocorrects.  :-)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Johann said:

I get what you're saying, but it's my favorite part of the show.  I love the bullpen.  I love the efficiency and how they can all read Jubal's mind and have his answers before he finishes telling them what to do.  I make enough typos, I don't need the show delayed with them or annoying autocorrects.  :-)

Same. Maybe in another 20 years we will be able to stream versions akin to those "choose your own adventure/ending" books/stories.
I would watch the version in which at least a third of the episode was quick bits in the "bullpen" with the running and shooting happening in a small inset screen.
Plus I enjoy imagining that Detective Lupo is now heading up an FBI task force.🙃

• Love 4
On 1/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, shapeshifter said:

Same. Maybe in another 20 years we will be able to stream versions akin to those "choose your own adventure/ending" books/stories.
I would watch the version in which at least a third of the episode was quick bits in the "bullpen" with the running and shooting happening in a small inset screen.
Plus I enjoy imagining that Detective Lupo is now heading up an FBI task force.🙃

I agree with your comments about the war room, which makes me miss Kristen even more. She was the queen of “looking stuff up.”

• Love 1
On 12/31/2021 at 4:34 AM, Xerxes036 said:

Maggie OA and Isabel are hypocrites and borderline unlikable to me.

Been binging this show on Paramount Plus the last couple weeks.

I like Maggie and OA and think it's a shame that their story line has been cut in half if not more by the intrusion introduction of Tiffany and Scola (both of whom I don't care for much).

I've always had a huge crush on Alana De La Garza.  The only fault I can find with Isobel is that she lets her staff get away with too much, especially when she tells them to stay home or away from a case and they show up anyway.   

15 minutes ago, millennium said:

I like Maggie and OA and think it's a shame that their story line has been cut in half if not more by the intrusion introduction of Tiffany and Scola (both of whom I don't care for much).

I mostly agree with this. I don't think T&S are bad, but I do quite like M&OA and wish their roles weren't being usurped by a less interesting pair.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I mostly agree with this. I don't think T&S are bad, but I do quite like M&OA and wish their roles weren't being usurped by a less interesting pair.

They keep trying to make T&S happen.  Scola, so closed off because his brother was killed in 9/11 ...  Tiffany, so conflicted because she's still a cop at heart but working for the feds now (and when that didn't generate enough gravitas, they made her responsible for shooting the father of a wayward kid).   None of it works.  None of it rings true.   I don't know if it's the actors (and that may well be, both of them are pretty weak personalities) or the characters as written but IMO they seem like stock characters contrived on the fly,  nowhere near as interesting as a conscience-stricken Egyptian agent and his tough-as-nails female partner.  Yet for some reason T&S have horned in on the latter team's primary position.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, millennium said:

They keep trying to make T&S happen.  Scola, so closed off because his brother was killed in 9/11 ...  Tiffany, so conflicted because she's still a cop at heart but working for the feds now (and when that didn't generate enough gravitas, they made her responsible for shooting the father of a wayward kid).   None of it works.  None of it rings true.

Scola is a fairly stoic, unemotional character. That's who they've made him, and that's who Boyd portrays, rather successfully. When ever they ask him to become emotional, it's an utter failure.

Tiffany is a poorly conceived character shoehorned into the show. She is supposed to be an ex-cop which comes off as unrealistic. The more back-story they try to glue on to the character, the more of a chimera she seems.

I'm obviously stupid, because I didn't realize they wanted T&S to be a thing. The idea horrifies me. That would be completely artificial and unbelievable. They have less eros than a lawnmower paired with a garden snail. The only thing worse would be to try and push OA together with Maggie.

I have nothing against the show being more than just M&OA. They could introduce several pairs of agents and let them each have a chance to shine while working with the rest of the team. But ultimately, Maggie and OA are the leads and I don't like to see them pushed out by the relative newcomers. 

• Love 2

I think the second pair of agents have been stepped up because Missy has a child while this show has been on.  So maternity leave has played a part. 
then covid… probably they  wanted each actor to be in less scenes to minimize risk 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

This episode was better than I expected it to be - while the show has gone to the well of bombers and anti government extremists a bit too often, they shook up the formula some with this episode and it worked. I liked how the episode opened with Maggie undercover at the bar and continued that way throughout the episode with the rest of the team working the case as usual.

I thought Maggie made the right call in going to Colin’s house, she had good reason to believe he was in danger.

As usual each character had a good role, and it was nice seeing everyone working together, I love Jubal and his room of agents/analysts, I liked Kelly’s knowledge of trucks being useful.

Overall this was a good episode with a good use of each character, even if the plot of anti government people and bombs are overused, they shook up the formula enough and made it a compelling hour.

• Love 9

I liked Kelly speaking up, too, especially in a roomful of city dwellers.  On the other hand, sorry, but in what world can an F-350 carry 7,000 lbs. of cargo?  I know, Dick Wolf-world.  I used to drive one for work and they aren't that big, really.  An F-450 is getting closer, and the box truck f-650 would do it.  I'm guessing the production staff had a line on a 350 and worked that into the plot.  And that explosion.  I realize they couldn't actually detonate that much ammonium nitrate, but after Maggie said it would take out the block, it didn't even obliterate the chassis.  Mythbusters would be amused.

I noticed Maggie looked different, and finally realized that Missy Peregym was wearing her hair down for the cover assignment.  She has really long hair.

Uh, Tiffany, you've had two bombs go off when people opened packages.  So, what do you do when you catch the purported bomber?  You open his package!

I hope that bartender makes tracks out of NYC in a big hurry, because he's on a hit list as of this minute.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

.  And that explosion.  I realize they couldn't actually detonate that much ammonium nitrate, but after Maggie said it would take out the block, it didn't even obliterate the chassis.  Mythbusters would be amused.

if the bomb was as big as they said it was Maggie would have been killed by the shockwave alone.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

if the bomb was as big as they said it was Maggie would have been killed by the shockwave alone.

My thought exactly.  She was still pretty close to the truck when the bomb went off.

• Love 9

Typical FBI. Maggie rode rough-shod over the innocent in order to further her career save the chilluns. A bomb that would have leveled a block, didn't even break a bone at 25 feet range.

And I really think it was so moving the way Henry McCord Maggie drove the bomb to safety without care for her own life, so she could further her career save the chilluns.

The way how she showed up at the end to check on the guy whose life, whose daughter's life, she didn't give a shit about throughout the episode, was completely believable.

• Love 8

BTW, if that bomb (which couldn't be stopped) was so powerful, what were the terrorists still doing there, sitting on the steps pretending to be homeless? Why didn't they get out of there? Did they want to die? They were sitting on the steps as the FBI arrived, so it's not that they thought "we can't escape so let's just try to blend in". 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Some random thoughts

This show seems to have fallen into a rut or has run out of ideas.  All their cases are some variation  of a 'ticking time bomb' scenario, all too often with a real bomb, that are all conveniently wrapped up by the end of the day.

At the end of last night's scheduled foot pursuit, Tiffany (maybe 120 lb dripping wet) manages to knock down and instantly subdue a 250 lb ex con by jumping on his back.  Not gonna happen.  Rather than be rendered passive by the touch of an FBI agent, just for once I'd like to see someone shake them off and get away.

Note that the bomb in the truck was supposed to be comparable to the one used in the Oklahoma City bombing.

Why, oh why does every bomb the FBI is faced with come with a digital clock telling them down to the second when it's going to go off.  Yeah, I know it's to heighten the dramatic tension for the audience but we all know it's not going  to go off.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DaveL723 said:

At the end of last night's scheduled foot pursuit, Tiffany (maybe 120 lb dripping wet) manages to knock down and instantly subdue a 250 lb ex con by jumping on his back.  Not gonna happen.

Didn't you see that coming? With all those down-filled trash-bags for her to fall on?

3 minutes ago, DaveL723 said:

Rather than be rendered passive by the touch of an FBI agent, just for once I'd like to see someone shake them off and get away.

Or the agent call out "Stop, or I fire!" and then shoot the guy in the hip, or something.

By the way, is it just me? Or is it a little contrived that the baddies are named Park & Ride?

2 hours ago, DaveL723 said:

Yeah, I know it's to heighten the dramatic tension for the audience but we all know it's not going  to go off.

Reminds me of the scene in Galaxy Quest where Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver are huddled by the bomb trigger, laughing at the fact that it stopped at 1 second remaining.  "It always stopped at 1 second on the show."

• Love 3
On 2/2/2022 at 2:30 PM, Netfoot said:

By the way, is it just me? Or is it a little contrived that the baddies are named Park & Ride?

Hah! Missed that. Good catch.

So hang dog Maggie is left feeling "no good deed goes unpunished."
A news search says Missy Peregrym is expecting another baby. 
An IMDb search shows she doesn't have anything else on the agenda.
Maybe Maggie will "need a break" so Missy Peregrym can work 12+ hours per day taking care of her babies?

Edited by shapeshifter

Nice "twist" with the Chechens in the last episode. It seems like the older FBI guy who recruited OA has fallen into the rut that parents who coach their children do. In trying to prove that he's not biased he treats them worse than he would otherwise. 

• Love 4

Not a bad episode, but I felt like at times it became more about OA and his conflicted personal feelings between his job and his faith/heritage than about the case. The case was fine, but I would’ve liked more investigation and less OA personal stuff.

Scola/Tiffany were barely in this episode and there wasn’t enough of Jubal and the agents in the control room either. And the chase/shootout scene between Maggie/OA and one of the perps took way too long.

I felt Bashar went out of his way to be an asshole at times and I was kind of hoping OA wouldn’t back him up, I was kind of surprised at the end that he did, while I didn’t think Bashar assaulted the imam I did think Bashar went out of his way to antagonize him and OA should’ve said as much to Isobel. I guess that will end OA’s relationship with the imam.

James the janitor was such a blatant red herring. 

Overall this just wasn’t my favorite episode, the case was fine but they didn’t focus on the investigation nearly enough, they focused too much on Bashar/OA/the imam. And it wasn’t enough of a team episode, I prefer when all of the characters get fairly equal screen time. 

• Love 6

3D printed six-shot revolvers. O...kay? I guess?

They didn't need six shots to kill the visiting Russian. I mean, if security was so lax that they could get to 4 feet from the guy, standing directly behind him, they didn't need a gun at all. A cricket bat would have been sufficient. 

But the guy Maggie shot did fire six rounds at OA, so maybe the design was chosen with that scene particularly in mind?

Anti-Terrorist FBI-guy was obviously a bad egg. The argument he used was faulty: The Imam might give good info without bullying, but he might not, so bring on the waterboard doctored photo! (The picture of the brother meeting with terrorists was obviously faked. The plot demanded it.) Using the argument that it might produce better results would justify any sort of unscrupulous activity! I'm surprised that he got a pass, especially from straight-arrow OA. I wonder if he will get his comeuppance in a future episode?

I'm perfectly happy with an episode that doesn't have the sun shining out of Scola/Tiffany's assholes, and (as I've said many times in the past) Jubal is the greatest waste of payroll on the part of any TV series, anywhere, ever. Props to the tech-wizzards that pulled up a full dossier on Russian Guy within a fraction of a second of discovering his name. Very believable!

Was beginning to give up hope, but then at about the ⅔ point we got the obligatory "FBI! Stand right there at maximum range while we dick around, giving you a chance to flee!" scene. Faith restored.

And when Maggie drilled the guy, wouldn't she have had to surrender her weapon to the lab, go through a lengthy process of investigation and analysis of the situation leading up to the kill-shot, wait for the findings of a review board, and (possibly) undergo psychiatric counselling before being allowed anywhere near a firearm or the streets? Or does she just get a slap on the back, a shot of rye whiskey, and a new notch carved into the grips of her pistol before being sent back out and aimed at another suspect?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

An ok enough episode I guess.  These Dick Wolf shows are the modern day equivalent of watching some moral hand-wringer back in the 30s.  In last night's episode it was OA and his wrestling with personal right and wrong.   Frankly, I think that OA and the older agent should have been interviewed at different times for obvious reasons.  Maybe OA would have been more forthcoming about what really happened if he didn't have the other guy in the same room with him.

And speaking of OA, I like the actor but he looks as if he's taking acting lessons from the Mariska Hargitay school of bad acting.  Check out his facial expressions and his body motions when he is trying to show frustration or surprise or anger.  Then go watch L & O SVU.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Netfoot said:

They didn't need six shots to kill the visiting Russian. I mean, if security was so lax that they could get to 4 feet from the guy, standing directly behind him, they didn't need a gun at all. A cricket bat would have been sufficient. 

Security guy:  "Hmm, nice gun.  Very light, six shots.  Good, good.  Wait, what is this?  A cricket bat?  You bring cricket bat to Russian event?  Turn around, face wall, spread feet."

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, UnknownK said:

If you want realism each case would take all season, be boring as hell, and most likely not even find the perp in the end.

Oh, I agree! But if you can't bitch about all the issues with the story, then what's the point of watching?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

If you want realism each case would take all season, be boring as hell, and most likely not even find the perp in the end.

Not if done well, think of True Detective or MindHunter, and the mini-series about the uni-bomber

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, jabRI said:
24 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Not if done well, think of True Detective or MindHunter, and the mini-series about the uni-bomber

Just to make it plain: The quoted words were NOT mine. Dunno how that happened.

I agree that there was not enough Lupo Jubal.

It seems they could have developed the real perps' story some more instead of that long chase scene, but I guess there are viewers who require a chase or fight scene for a drama's episode to be good enough?

What will become of the surviving brother? He was in the country illegally, and his dead brother was 3D printing guns for assassins. And how did he not bleed out before getting medical help?

8 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Anti-Terrorist FBI-guy was obviously a bad egg. The argument he used was faulty: The Imam might give good info without bullying, but he might not, so bring on the waterboard doctored photo! (The picture of the brother meeting with terrorists was obviously faked. The plot demanded it.) Using the argument that it might produce better results would justify any sort of unscrupulous activity! I'm surprised that he got a pass, especially from straight-arrow OA. I wonder if he will get his comeuppance in a future episode?

Might we see the Imam and Bashir but heads again in the future? Likely with one dying?

4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Security guy:  "Hmm, nice gun.  Very light, six shots.  Good, good.  Wait, what is this?  A cricket bat?  You bring cricket bat to Russian event?  Turn around, face wall, spread feet."

The 3D printed gun was plastic, so it wouldn't set off a metal detector.
But, yeah, since it was not airport security, the smaller number of people to be checked would have allowed for a more thorough personal search.
@Dowel Jones, was I supposed read your made-up Security Guy's accent with a Boris Badenov accent? Because I did. Heh. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

In last night's episode it was OA and his wrestling with personal right and wrong.   Frankly, I think that OA and the older agent should have been interviewed at different times for obvious reasons.  Maybe OA would have been more forthcoming about what really happened if he didn't have the other guy in the same room with him.

I can see the moral issue there. The guy at the mosque was the one who turned in a terrorist to the FBI, which in turn started surveling the place looking for more (over a couple years). During that time the FBI deported (20?) people including the Imans brother who did nothing outside of being here illegally.

While the FBI can legally lie to you all it wants (except about your rights) it gives them a bad name. They turned a guy who was friendly and helpful into an enemy for no reason. Legally OA new there was nothing done that was illegal, but in this episode and others before it , it seems the FBI likes making OA use his innocent friends or people he knows and ruin them.

Edited by UnknownK
  • Love 5

The obligatory foot chase. Check. Old-school violating civil rights with impunity. Check. Judging by L&O and The Closer, lying to witnesses and suspects, threatening and terrorizing them is OK police procedure -- Brenda Leigh Johnson would be in Agent Bashar's corner all the way. Now, Fritz Howard would simply have shot the killer and would-be assassin in the head point-blank, not waited until he got off a shot while wrestling him to the ground. Since they knew who they were looking for, couldn't they just cover the exits and secure the Russian speaker instead of waiting for the perp to make his move? Oh, right, that would leave them with 20 minutes of airtime to fill. Never mind.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Since they knew who they were looking for, couldn't they just cover the exits and secure the Russian speaker instead of waiting for the perp to make his move? Oh, right, that would leave them with 20 minutes of airtime to fill. Never mind.

They had to find him first. And it's a bit hard to look for a "Russian speaker" in a large room full of Russian speakers lol. 

• LOL 2

I'm tired of the terrorists/bomb plots every week.  Can we get a kidnapping or a bank robbery once in a while?

On 1/26/2022 at 6:38 AM, Netfoot said:

Tiffany is a poorly conceived character shoehorned into the show. She is supposed to be an ex-cop which comes off as unrealistic. The more back-story they try to glue on to the character, the more of a chimera she seems.

I agree about Tiffany.  Plus she has the personality of a wet noodle.  I like OA when he's not bringing his personal feelings into the case and I like Scola in that he's unemotional and we get to learn something about him every so often (used to be a stockbroker, brother killed in 9/11, etc), Isobel is okay and Jubal is so much better when he's not yelling.  I can't stand Maggie and wouldn't miss her if she was replaced.  

When an agent is approaching a suspect, can the agent once, just once, not yell, "Stop! FBI!" from 100 yards away?!  I would think that would be FBI training 101. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Like others have said, I’m beyond sick of bombings/domestic terror plots. I found the first part of this episode very dull as a result and couldn’t get into it. However the twist completely threw me, I never saw it coming that the supposed intended target was the mastermind all along, and that improved the episode. I was certain the head of the gun rights group would be the mastermind and so the twist really took me by surprise. Jubal got some good stuff, he got to go out into the field, plus interrogate the bomber, and his room of agents/analysts got some good screen time, and as I’ve said before Jubal is my favorite so I liked seeing him get a meatier role. Also interesting was Maggie/Scola and OA/Tiffany mainly working together instead of the usual pairings.

Bashar is a turd and I’m glad OA chose not to go along with what he wanted, I had little doubt he would but it was still satisfying that he backed Tiffany instead of doing what Bashar wanted. Now can we get Bashar off our screen now?

I thought this was going to be pretty bad at the start but it turned out decent. But can we end the bombing/domestic terror plots for a while and get something like a serial killer, a kidnapper, a robbery murder, a high profile murder case etc? They’ve gone to the well of bombs and domestic terror stuff too often. 

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Best negotiation premise in a long time:  "We're both from Indiana"!

I thought Tif had a look like: And what am I? Chopped liver? 

(Sorry. "Chopped liver" is the wrong ethnic idiom, but it's all I got.)

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Why was OA giving Bashar the  time of day in the first place?  Why go for a drink with him  to even hear what he had to say?   Why take behavioral advice from him?  He already proved  he is unethical.  Seems to me that OA would go out of his way to avoid him after the mosque episode. 
Speaking of that episode, OA admitted he hadn’t been to services in years.  So he’s probably not totally in line with all the observant behaviors of his religion.  
I was unimpressed with the investigators at the end, trying to steer OA toward a desired outcome before they even heard his opinion. 
Finally some  ethical  behavior from Tiffany regarding her former NYPD colleagues.  

Chesterfield and Muncie are about 20 miles apart off of I69 north of Indianapolis.  So it wasn’t just that they were both from Indiana.  They knew immediately each other’s background and it was extremely similar.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I never saw it coming that the supposed intended target was the mastermind all along, and that improved the episode.

I considered this as a possibility early on, but dismissed it because I didn't think the script would do anything to tarnish the angelic nature of the gun control lobby.

14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bashar is a turd...

And has been stinking up the show from the moment he first put in an appearance. Surprised OA ever even considered giving him so much as the time of day.

10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought OA was an observant Muslim.

Was it made plain what he was drinking? Could have been a coke... (I honestly didn't look that closely.)

15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why was OA giving Bashar the  time of day in the first place?  Why go for a drink with him  to even hear what he had to say?   Why take behavioral advice from him?  He already proved  he is unethical.  Seems to me that OA would go out of his way to avoid him after the mosque episode. 

Agreed. See comment above!

15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I was unimpressed with the investigators at the end, trying to steer OA toward a desired outcome before they even heard his opinion.

So, Situation Normal, then?

• Love 3

One thing I did like about this episode was that the first person they arrested wasn't someone who had nothing to do with the crime.

He led to the next person, who provided the essential clues.

II also like that Jubal was more involved here than just screaming at everyone. I felt he remained calm and handled it really well. I'm glad they're not just having him mope around all over the place and being crappy at his job because of it.

• Love 2

"Scar Tissue," 3/22/2022,  Season 4 / Episode 15:
"A murder victim that has been bound with a distinct and sophisticated knot has ties to a cross-country serial killer with the same style that also relates to Isobel's father and his hotel, a revelation which transforms their damaged relationship."

The perp looked guilty the first time we saw him on screen. I kind of hate when they do that.

In the last scene, I was expecting Isobel to tell Daddy Dearest that his stalling cost the life of someone who was at his hotel and was in hiding because she feared for her life at the hands of another of his hotels' customers. Instead they went out to dinner. Sheesh.
I don't mean that Isobel's father didn't have legal/financial reasons to not share the hotel tapes before she proved their existence. I have no idea whether or not he was legally obligated, and they didn't make it clear whether or not he was obligated, except she did tell him lying to the FBI is a felony.
But it seems she would have lashed out at him about it regardless.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

In the last scene, I was expecting Isobel to tell Daddy Dearest that his stalling cost the life of someone who was at his hotel and was in hiding because she feared for her life at the hands of another of his hotels' customers. Instead they went out to dinner.

Daddy Dearest - Nestor Serrano a blast from the past.

• Love 2

This was a strong episode - finally an episode with no bombings!! And no domestic terror stuff either!! I was glad to see them get away from that, they’ve gone to that well way too often, so it was nice to see a classic serial killer investigation instead.

Good investigation and good screen time for each character which I liked - I liked how Maggie/OA and Scola/Tiffany got even roles plus Jubal and his room of agents and some added focus on Isobel, Isobel is the character we know the least about, so it was nice to see her get some extra focus.

The investigation was good - I did call the shot that Eduardo was covering up for his brother when they found him cleaning out the car, I felt no sympathy for Eduardo, I hope he goes away for life as an accessory to serial murder. But I liked the leads they tracked down and how they zeroed in on the killer, it was good. 

I was surprised that they didn’t have someone watching Molly - she said she didn’t want anyone but I’m still surprised they didn’t have someone keeping an eye out.

I’m not sure what to make of Isobel’s father, but I liked getting a bit more insight into Isobel.

I liked seeing the medical examiner again, we’ve seen him a few times and it was nice to see Scola/Tiffany visit him, I like seeing additional recurring characters like him.

I also liked that they had Jubal and Isobel acknowledge Jess LaCroix’s death, since they both knew him well it would obviously be on their minds and I’m glad they threw in that dialogue about him.

Overall this was strong, a good case with a good role for everyone, and a much needed break from the bombings/terrorism plots the show has done too often. 

• Love 8