Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, Leah or Chelsea doing a girls' trip wouldn't irk me because the bulk of their travels are family vacations and they wouldn't dump their kids on whichever random hanger-on is willing to watch them. Kail and Jenelle on the other hand....

Ah yes, Jenelle, too. Two putas. 

Just now, Mkay said:

I don’t know if Leah is taking the kids.  This is the same trip she is taking with Kail and that other chick. 

Ohhhhhh. I didn't know.

Well, it isn't as if Leah ever takes off on random vacations without her kids constantly. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, monicageller said:

I don’t want to say anything nice about Leah. ?

But I have to. She looks pretty here, and even her mom looks a lot better and that just don’t make no sense.

This past year I’ve watched Leah make a complete turnaround compared to two seasons ago. So for her girlses sake I really hope she’s off the pillses and is getting her shit together. 

Now I need another shower.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I don’t want to say anything nice about Leah. ?

But I have to. She looks pretty here, and even her mom looks a lot better and that just don’t make no sense.

This past year I’ve watched Leah make a complete turnaround compared to two seasons ago. So for her girlses sake I really hope she’s off the pillses and is getting her shit together. 

Now I need another shower.

18 minutes ago, monicageller said:

This is a really nice “evening”/“date night” look for her. She looks vibrant, HAPPY, I like the tosseled hair and the dark eye makeup with a more nude lip/bare face. Good for Leah! Her mom looks nice too....I wonder what the occasion was. 

• Love 3

I'm going to feel really mad if I find out she's still on the pills, because she has fooled me!!! I doubt she is a good enough actress to pull off being happy and sober when she's not. Victoria, on the other hand, is obviously still using. 

• Love 1
On 1/20/2018 at 0:02 AM, Bridget said:

The last time I took an EdCode Law class (2012), kiddos in California aren't legally required to go to school until 1st grade. I almost fell out of the chair!

Blows my mind that some wee ones aren't learning before they are six years old!

Once the girlses are late/absent after a certain # of days, then the school and law meet in the middle and flag students/families where it's an issue. All parents and their students are put on a legally binding SARB (school attendance) contract with local law enforcement. The only time the girlses can be absent is if they were too sick to get out of bed and have an original doctor's note. Missing part of a day & claiming it was for a dental or medical appt isn't allowed. Leah and baby daddy/daddies will be told "schedule that stuff after school is out for the day." 

For most families with kids on attendance contracts, if their kid(s) break them and are absent without a note from a doctor, the parents face a fine and/or jail time.

No way! I'm a SoCal native, and I never knew that! Yikes!

Then again, my mom had me in Pre-K (we called it "play school") and I was one of those kids who started kindergarden  at the age of 4 because of how my birthday fell.  This was in the mid/late 80's, so I don't know how it was back then.

Only sixteen states require mandatory kindergarten as part of a child's education: http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-pol-kindergarten-20150822-story.html

There is really nothing shocking about this since kindergarten was solely meant as a way to introduce children into the school system, and to teach them about numbers and letters. It was an introduction to first grade, basically. However, much more has been introduced to the curriculum of kindergarten such as computers. According to that article I linked above (dated 2015) educators and lawmakers are trying to make kindergarten a mandatory requirement.

Our governor here in California vetoed the proposal because he felt it is up to parents to make the determination. I am glad it is that way because if my youngest had entered kindergarten when he should have, he might have struggled. I purposely put him in pre-k a year after he should have entered. I felt he wasn't ready. I am glad to have made that decision. He likely would not have been an honors student if I had to put him in school sooner.

Leah better be careful. When she was a drug addict, the girls were either missing school or they were constantly tardy. If not for the courts and Cory, who knows where those girls would be with their education or if they would be on par with where they should be. Addy has a different father. He is not able to be there as often as Cory was with his kids. Leah is supposedly not an addict now and still, this lackluster attitude about her daughter being in school seems to be an issue again. 

I also like that she is not wearing the awful colors of her lipstick she sells. My coworker that sells it looks ridiculous in some of the colors she wears. And because it is supposed to stay on it looks worse like it is shellacked on. I think it is better to have lipstick you reapply. Lol

• Love 1

My birthday falls in early October, so my parents had a choice. I ended up waiting a year and starting when I was almost six. Overall, I'm glad they chose to do that, because I always did really well academically and had no problems with behavior. However, I wasn't 100% thrilled at the time because I just have a much more mature personality than most people my age, and have always related better with older people. I usually had more in common with kids a grade or two ahead. I was also tall for my age anyway, and felt like a giant until high school! I remember getting picked on so much around middle school, when I had the body and mind of a high schooler. The little tiny girls would make immature comments, and my mom would constantly remind me, "you're a whole year older than some of these immature kids! Keep that in mind!"

however, being one of the oldest definitely kept me pretty uninterested in boys, because they were so small and immature! Maybe that's what Leah should do with Addy! Perhaps Gracie's saving grace could even be her height, at least through middle school. No schoolgirl wants to go out with a boy a foot shorter!

• Love 1

I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with no mandatory school until age 6. I think kids are pressured to learn too much too young these days. PLAY is a huge part of learning. I think there is so much children can learn when left to their own devices - to play and create and explore. I don't think kids that start formal education earlier have any advantage over other kids; they tend to even out down the line. And I think many kids burn out because of having to do so much so young. I'm also against grades and homework for elementary aged kids; so, again, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think it's horrible if Addie isn't attending pre-school. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with no mandatory school until age 6. I think kids are pressured to learn too much too young these days. PLAY is a huge part of learning. I think there is so much children can learn when left to their own devices - to play and create and explore. 

This x a million billion trillion. Can I please marry this comment? I'm all for encouraging children to learn, but it's gotten to a level of absurdity that I didn't think was possible. My friend is a single mom of a 5 year-old who's in kindergarten, and over Christmas holiday he was sent home with a homework packet the size of the Holy Bible. Naturally her son didn't want to do the work because hey, it's vacation and he wanted to play, so my friend spent the entire week stressed out about how to get it all done before he returned to school. Are these kids really going to be headed for a life of crime if they're not doing three hours of homework a night in elementary school? The insanity needs to end. *steps off soapbox*

• Love 3

Yes, and I even think they have said they can prove no correlation between increased homework and a stronger school performance.

Kids do need to learn discipline and study habits, which can be developed with homework. But I think you will very quickly reach a point of diminishing returns with that. Like, say over about 20-30 min a night.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with no mandatory school until age 6. I think kids are pressured to learn too much too young these days. PLAY is a huge part of learning. I think there is so much children can learn when left to their own devices - to play and create and explore. I don't think kids that start formal education earlier have any advantage over other kids; they tend to even out down the line. And I think many kids burn out because of having to do so much so young. I'm also against grades and homework for elementary aged kids; so, again, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think it's horrible if Addie isn't attending pre-school. 

If Leah had it her way, school would start at 11 a.m. and the school would pick up her kids at her front door. 

I hate how she was all gung-ho about Addy being in school. Addy probably liked school, too. She probably had fun with the other kids. Now, she is at home where Leah probably has her plopped in front of the television. One photo in the snow was all she could do.

• Love 2

Yes, I do have to remember it's Leah we're talking about, and her reasoning for not pushing school is likely pretty selfish. I don't like the idea of Addie sitting around eating frosting and watching Nick Jr. any better than I like the idea of 5-year-olds sitting at a desk for hours. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, I do have to remember it's Leah we're talking about, and her reasoning for not pushing school is likely pretty selfish. I don't like the idea of Addie sitting around eating frosting and watching Nick Jr. any better than I like the idea of 5-year-olds sitting at a desk for hours. 

And to add to this point...this would be the issue if many kids did not start school in kindergarten.  I am all for kindergarten and the gains from it, but to your point, I think that if school started later you would merely have kids that aren't doing the productive things you mentioned farther above.  Many parents work, it would be another year of daycare, and not all daycares are equal.  those that are at home may benefit if they have a parent that encourages the right activities, but many don't, etc, etc.  

• Love 2

Honestly when I was coming up I had never heard of pre school or any one that went to one back then. But 98% of our moms were home with us. They watched the 2% for the few working moms. K was a half day a few times a week. Really just social, naps and play. And yes I'm totally old. Leah does look good though. I hope she continues to improve.  

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, alexa said:

And to add to this point...this would be the issue if many kids did not start school in kindergarten.  I am all for kindergarten and the gains from it, but to your point, I think that if school started later you would merely have kids that aren't doing the productive things you mentioned farther above.  Many parents work, it would be another year of daycare, and not all daycares are equal.  those that are at home may benefit if they have a parent that encourages the right activities, but many don't, etc, etc.  

Agree. Great point. Plenty of working parents or single parents choose school over daycare when deciding where to leave their small children. 

Not sure how it is in W. Virginia, but here in my city pre-k is only three hours. It isn't a full day. Same with kindergarten. My kids didn't come home with any real homework. They would come home with two pages to color which usually entailed coloring letters and numbers. There are after-school programs for parents who work and can't pick up their kids. 

Back to the point, I just don't see Leah being productive with Addy when she is home. Maybe it was a struggle to get her ready in the morning and Leah couldn't deal with it. I don't know. I just know Leah has always been pretty damn lazy. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Damn this woman! How many dogs have they gone through? What happened to the cats? 

Perhaps this can explain? I know (I think) Addie didn't do anything to the missing cats but I couldn't resist.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, druzy said:

Perhaps this can explain? I know (I think) Addie didn't do anything to the missing cats but I couldn't resist.

That’s so not a funny thing to joke about when you and your coworkers are known for going through pets like toilet paper.

• Love 6
On 1/21/2018 at 1:45 PM, Enya Face said:

No way! I'm a SoCal native, and I never knew that! Yikes!

Then again, my mom had me in Pre-K (we called it "play school") and I was one of those kids who started kindergarden  at the age of 4 because of how my birthday fell.  This was in the mid/late 80's, so I don't know how it was back then.

I was in pre-school in SoCal (the real kind, not like Nova's school; we moved from Detroit just before I turned two) two years before I was in Kindergarten. I loved it and can even remember the lunchbox I had. That's how you know it's real school: you get to have your own lunchbox! (My homeschooling friends here know I am all about education. Doesn't matter where it comes from as long as your kids learn.

Look at @ghoulina's wee ones! Her 7 year old is currently reading a 652 page book!

On 1/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, GreatKazu said:

Only sixteen states require mandatory kindergarten as part of a child's education: http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-pol-kindergarten-20150822-story.html

There is really nothing shocking about this since kindergarten was solely meant as a way to introduce children into the school system, and to teach them about numbers and letters. It was an introduction to first grade, basically. However, much more has been introduced to the curriculum of kindergarten such as computers. According to that article I linked above (dated 2015) educators and lawmakers are trying to make kindergarten a mandatory requirement.

Our governor here in California vetoed the proposal because he felt it is up to parents to make the determination. I am glad it is that way because if my youngest had entered kindergarten when he should have, he might have struggled. I purposely put him in pre-k a year after he should have entered. I felt he wasn't ready. I am glad to have made that decision. He likely would not have been an honors student if I had to put him in school sooner.

Leah better be careful. When she was a drug addict, the girls were either missing school or they were constantly tardy. If not for the courts and Cory, who knows where those girls would be with their education or if they would be on par with where they should be. Addy has a different father. He is not able to be there as often as Cory was with his kids. Leah is supposedly not an addict now and still, this lackluster attitude about her daughter being in school seems to be an issue again. 

I wish more parents were like you and knew the strengths of their children as that would make such a difference. All students would be successful both academically & socially from the first day of kindergarten until they enter the final frontier: high school! I can't tell you how many students I have had the honor of being their teacher, but they failed for reasons based for the most part their lack of maturity and a basic understanding of how action/reaction works. Props to you!

Zero snark aside, I truly worry about the girlses' academic futures because of their mother's attitude towards school. (Did anyone else hear Ali say her goal was to read & study more during that craptastic NYE special?) Thank God for Cory & Miranda, but you're right about Addy because she doesn't have anyone to advocate for her right to learn. Germy isn't in town much and I sadly doubt he'd work/live closer to Addy to make sure she doesn't end up with the same attendance issues her sisters once had. I predict Addy will invariably pick up on Leah's attitude about school (if she hasn't already) and it will be the longest 13 years (K-12 & assuming she doesn't get held back or has to repeat a grade) of Leah's life. I've seen it go down first hand.

My crappy twin brother hated school, but for different reasons than Addy might end up hating it.

I can still remember the non-stop arguing every Mon-Fri between my brother and my mom about him going to school. When we turned 18 (Feb of senior year), he dropped out of school. The "crazy gene that runs in all families" didn't skip him, so everything was (and still is) a never ending one sided rant and rave about everything and anything. My mom didn't fight his choice to drop out because she was so worn out and sick of the shit from the battles over the years. I've never thought poorly of her choice to not fight it because I was a firsthand witness to the daily drama. I would do the same thing if sending my (unborn) teenager to one of those therapeutic wilderness boarding schools that teaches respect and how to build a campfire!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, littleB1rdy said:

Like how she uses candid photos for her parents but a filtered selfie for herself. Girl sure posts about her looks A LOT and tries to be subtle about it. 

She sure does! She reminds me so much of those girls we all went to school with or knew who are always fishing for compliments. Drives me up the wall! 

Is she really that bored when the girlses are at school? I don't understand. At all. She's got 2527383 things she should be doing instead of posting selfies  and polling fans for vacation ideas. What strikes me as odd is that she seems to mention about being so stressed out, as if she had a busy day doing stuff! Leah is the epitome of being constantly frazzled and for no real reason.

It's a shame she hasn't found something gratifying and productive to do with all of her free time. She should join a support group for parents of children with special needs, go to therapy regularly, read a book, or take one online college class in remedial English. I don't wish her any ill will and I know she's a product of her environment, like most of us, but I would hate for her to look back in 10 years and think "shit! Why didn't I anticipate XYZ happening and why didn't I prep for it when I had all of the time in the world?'

• Love 12
On 1/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, JuliesMommy said:

Why do i get feeling that this might be jeremys dad too...

He does look like Jeremy! Like, a lot.

Also, as an 80s baby, must appreciate Dad's dated respect for the 'stache. I had thought that had petered out by 1992, based on my own dad's grudging removal of his own respectable 'stache.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

He does look like Jeremy! Like, a lot.

Also, as an 80s baby, must appreciate Dad's dated respect for the 'stache. I had thought that had petered out by 1992, based on my own dad's grudging removal of his own respectable 'stache.

The 'stache is back! Just ask Mr. Birdee...(insert resigned sigh here).

• Love 4
On 1/26/2018 at 2:56 PM, Bridget said:

She sure does! She reminds me so much of those girls we all went to school with or knew who are always fishing for compliments. Drives me up the wall! 

Is she really that bored when the girlses are at school? I don't understand. At all. She's got 2527383 things she should be doing instead of posting selfies  and polling fans for vacation ideas. What strikes me as odd is that she seems to mention about being so stressed out, as if she had a busy day doing stuff! Leah is the epitome of being constantly frazzled and for no real reason.

It's a shame she hasn't found something gratifying and productive to do with all of her free time. She should join a support group for parents of children with special needs, go to therapy regularly, read a book, or take one online college class in remedial English. I don't wish her any ill will and I know she's a product of her environment, like most of us, but I would hate for her to look back in 10 years and think "shit! Why didn't I anticipate XYZ happening and why didn't I prep for it when I had all of the time in the world?'

Addie isn't attending Pre-K anymore. Given Jeremy's work schedule, I think Addie is home with Leah most weekdays. So even when the older girlses are at school/Corey's, she still has a small child around to care for all day. Of course, it seems like she and Addie probably usually sleep in, eat gas station food, and Addie entertains herself while Leah posts selfies rather than Leah doing most of the stuff the women I know who pride themselves on being SAHMs do (home cooked meals, activities/playgroups with the kids, educational stuff, crafts, library visits, etc).  

And what do you mean she doesn't have reason to be constantly frazzled?  She has to worry about keeping her fridge stocked with lunchables, keeping icing/sugar around for Addie, Gracie's cheer leading schedule, meeting Corey in parking lots to exchange custody, and getting the older girlses on/off the bus a couple of days a week.  That's a lot! Imagine if she had to work a job (or do stay-at-home mom "work") as well while doing those things (like many other parents/adults)! /sarcasm

Honestly, I think Leah is overwhelmed with the basics of adulting. (I get it; sometimes it overwhelms me, too, but I just forge ahead, because I have to.) Leah doesn't have to, though, largely because of the money from TM2 (and child support, especially Jeremy's). If not for TM2, I tend to think Leah might have gotten the hang of basic adulting because she'd probably have ended up working as a waitress or receptionist, etc, and had a schedule/something to fill her days and around which she'd have to schedule in the basics she had to do for the girlses/herself. TM2 money has really left her stilted in a lot of ways (the same can be said for the other girls, too).

Now that she seems to be off of the pillses, she seems rather benign compared to Amber or Jenelle (or even Kail).  I don't sense any real malice in her like I do with those other TM girls, either. She's like a pre-teen playing at adult, but not because she's necessarily mean, evil, or intentionally neglectful.  She just makes me think "Bless your heart." 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Now that she seems to be off of the pillses, she seems rather benign compared to Amber or Jenelle (or even Kail).  I don't sense any real malice in her like I do with those other TM girls, either. She's like a pre-teen playing at adult, but not because she's necessarily mean, evil, or intentionally neglectful.  She just makes me think "Bless your heart." 

That is true now, but I can't forget this is the bitch that went running to friggin US Weekly and complained that Corey was only fighting for custody to fuck with her- she went on record as saying it had nothing to do with him being concerned about the girls or just wanting more time with them. So, the girls have a record of their mother saying their father doesn't care about spending more time with them, he just wants to hurt their mom. That is an incredibly inappropriate thing to say publicly even if it were TRUE- which we all know it wasn't. So to me, Leah is only harmless if she doesn't feel threatened. The minute you call into question her parenting, she thinks nothing of throwing out wild, untrue allegations. And I can't forget how bitchy she was during that reunion where she accused the production crew of "making" her look like a druggie and kicked that poor assistant out of the trailer.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

That is true now, but I can't forget this is the bitch that went running to friggin US Weekly and complained that Corey was only fighting for custody to fuck with her- she went on record as saying it had nothing to do with him being concerned about the girls or just wanting more time with them. So, the girls have a record of their mother saying their father doesn't care about spending more time with them, he just wants to hurt their mom. That is an incredibly inappropriate thing to say publicly even if it were TRUE- which we all know it wasn't. So to me, Leah is only harmless if she doesn't feel threatened. The minute you call into question her parenting, she thinks nothing of throwing out wild, untrue allegations. And I can't forget how bitchy she was during that reunion where she accused the production crew of "making" her look like a druggie and kicked that poor assistant out of the trailer.

Monkey!

• Love 9
On 1/29/2018 at 1:12 PM, Tatum said:

If only this could be Leah's thread title.

• Love 5
On 1/21/2018 at 4:44 PM, alexa said:

I also like that she is not wearing the awful colors of her lipstick she sells. My coworker that sells it looks ridiculous in some of the colors she wears. And because it is supposed to stay on it looks worse like it is shellacked on. I think it is better to have lipstick you reapply. Lol

She doesn’t sell that shit any longer so now she has no reason to wear it.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:15 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Addie isn't attending Pre-K anymore. Given Jeremy's work schedule, I think Addie is home with Leah most weekdays. So even when the older girlses are at school/Corey's, she still has a small child around to care for all day. Of course, it seems like she and Addie probably usually sleep in, eat gas station food, and Addie entertains herself while Leah posts selfies rather than Leah doing most of the stuff the women I know who pride themselves on being SAHMs do (home cooked meals, activities/playgroups with the kids, educational stuff, crafts, library visits, etc).  

And what do you mean she doesn't have reason to be constantly frazzled?  She has to worry about keeping her fridge stocked with lunchables, keeping icing/sugar around for Addie, Gracie's cheer leading schedule, meeting Corey in parking lots to exchange custody, and getting the older girlses on/off the bus a couple of days a week.  That's a lot! Imagine if she had to work a job (or do stay-at-home mom "work") as well while doing those things (like many other parents/adults)! /sarcasm

Honestly, I think Leah is overwhelmed with the basics of adulting. (I get it; sometimes it overwhelms me, too, but I just forge ahead, because I have to.) Leah doesn't have to, though, largely because of the money from TM2 (and child support, especially Jeremy's). If not for TM2, I tend to think Leah might have gotten the hang of basic adulting because she'd probably have ended up working as a waitress or receptionist, etc, and had a schedule/something to fill her days and around which she'd have to schedule in the basics she had to do for the girlses/herself. TM2 money has really left her stilted in a lot of ways (the same can be said for the other girls, too).

She went from being mommy’s princess and having everything handed to her to Corey/Jeremy/MTV doing everything for her and paying for everything. I don’t think she had much of a chance anyway but now she’s probably hopeless for life.

• Love 7

An interesting tidbit I read in one of the gossip magazines at the grocery was that MTV paid for Leah & Teen Mom Catelynn to attend the same rehab center in Tucson. Fast forward, almost two years later and Leah really seems to be in a better place. Of course, a key difference is that if Leah was unable to get her life back together,  Corey would have gone after her for full custody. Catelynn for right now doesn't have that same source of motivation.

While Leah isn't where she needs to be, she seems to have taken some positive steps forward the past few months.  I would be very shocked if it was revealed that she was still abusing prescriptions, drugs, or alcohol. I'm not sure how she will support herself after the show ends, but she has really shown some encouraging signs of improvement. Two years ago, I didn't see her coming back from her struggles.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, meredithalmighty said:

An interesting tidbit I read in one of the gossip magazines at the grocery was that MTV paid for Leah & Teen Mom Catelynn to attend the same rehab center in Tucson. Fast forward, almost two years later and Leah really seems to be in a better place. Of course, a key difference is that if Leah was unable to get her life back together,  Corey would have gone after her for full custody. Catelynn for right now doesn't have that same source of motivation.

While Leah isn't where she needs to be, she seems to have taken some positive steps forward the past few months.  I would be very shocked if it was revealed that she was still abusing prescriptions, drugs, or alcohol. I'm not sure how she will support herself after the show ends, but she has really shown some encouraging signs of improvement. Two years ago, I didn't see her coming back from her struggles.

I almost hate to say it, but I think she's a solid number 3 behind  Chelsea & Maci.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, meredithalmighty said:

I'd be more optimistic of Leah's long term chances to be clean if she was doing something productive with her life. Once MTV is gone, her savings account dries up, there are no other Corey's and Jeremy's waiting to marry her, and she can't (or doesn't want to) get a job, she has a high chance of going back down her self-destructive path. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I'd be more optimistic of Leah's long term chances to be clean if she was doing something productive with her life. Once MTV is gone, her savings account dries up, there are no other Corey's and Jeremy's waiting to marry her, and she can't (or doesn't want to) get a job, she has a high chance of going back down her self-destructive path. 

How true this is. 

Leah has no motivation. All she can muster is asking her Twitter followers if she should get a Tahoe or Yukon SUV.

Most people can afford only one car every 10-15 years. This chick gets one every two years!  

• Love 8