Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

Does anyone know what Leah's Mom does? I want to say that Mama Dawn got her the part-time job in the doctor's office during her 16 & Pregnant Days.

I agree that she has a long way to go to ensure long-term sobriety but she is progressing further than I thought she would. It is pretty dumb of her to be constantly buying new vehicles.

Recovery from addiction is hard, and I'm proud of what Leah's accomplished thus far. She's not out of the woods but it could be so much worse. I wish her and Corey would do a better job acknowledging the reality of Ali's illness. As she ages, she is going to need a lot more care

• Love 9

Didn't Leah once try to claim dawn did it all without any help from the government? Remember when she posted Jeremy's salary and said welfare should not exist? I wonder if she cringes at that now. I hope so! I also hope she looks back and regrets spending so much that they were broke on two six-figure salaries. 

• Love 9
On 2/2/2018 at 1:01 PM, meredithalmighty said:

Does anyone know what Leah's Mom does? I want to say that Mama Dawn got her the part-time job in the doctor's office during her 16 & Pregnant Days.

I agree that she has a long way to go to ensure long-term sobriety but she is progressing further than I thought she would. It is pretty dumb of her to be constantly buying new vehicles.

Recovery from addiction is hard, and I'm proud of what Leah's accomplished thus far. She's not out of the woods but it could be so much worse. I wish her and Corey would do a better job acknowledging the reality of Ali's illness. As she ages, she is going to need a lot more care

Dawn has some kind of medical related job, because she wears scrubs for work. But that could be a lot of things. I had to wear scrubs to my job at the Apple Valley medical clinic in high school and I all I did was file medical charts. I never even saw a patient. I don't think she's a nurse though. Maybe a nurse assistant or medical assistant?

Leah extremely briefly worked at a dentist office answering the phone. It was during the second season of Teen Mom 2. Leah did not work during her 16& P episode. I don't think she lasted more than a week there. Corey didn't like her having a job because he did not trust her to not be out looking for his replacement while she was ostensibly working. That sounds crazy controlling, but honestly, I 100% believe that was exactly what she intended to do. She also very briefly worked at a tanning salon. I don't know of any other jobs she had.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Dawn has some kind of medical related job, because she wears scrubs for work. But that could be a lot of things. I had to wear scrubs to my job at the Apple Valley medical clinic in high school and I all I did was file medical charts. I never even saw a patient. I don't think she's a nurse though. Maybe a nurse assistant or medical assistant?

Leah extremely briefly worked at a dentist office answering the phone. It was during the second season of Teen Mom 2. Leah did not work during her 16& P episode. I don't think she lasted more than a week there. Corey didn't like her having a job because he did not trust her to not be out looking for his replacement while she was ostensibly working. That sounds crazy controlling, but honestly, I 100% believe that was exactly what she intended to do. She also very briefly worked at a tanning salon. I don't know of any other jobs she had.

100% agree with you on this. Which job did she have where she kept nodding from the pillses?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I believe that was the tanning salon job. Leah was spraying down the tanning bed while on the phone with someone when she started rambling about the dye in people's heads.

Lol you’re right! I forgot about that. Not only was she high af but also on a personal phone call while at work! Good ole’ responsible leah lol 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

I remember seeing that episode for the first time and thinking Corey seemed SO controlling when he didn't want her to work.  But he seemed like such a good guy in every other way, so it just didn't make sense to me the Corey would be like that with his wife/girlfriend, so I was confused how such a great-seeming guy could be such a controlling douche.  Then we saw why....Corey knew Leah had a problem staying faithful.  It all made sense once that truth came out.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I remember seeing that episode for the first time and thinking Corey seemed SO controlling when he didn't want her to work.  But he seemed like such a good guy in every other way, so it just didn't make sense to me the Corey would be like that with his wife/girlfriend, so I was confused how such a great-seeming guy could be such a controlling douche.  Then we saw why....Corey knew Leah had a problem staying faithful.  It all made sense once that truth came out.  

I do judge Corey a little for this though. He was 100% right not to trust Leah, but the thing to do when you don't trust someone is break up with that person. You don't manage your insecurity by trying to limit all their options so they have no choice but to stay with you. (Mackenzie Edwards, are you listening?). If your partner doesn't cheat on you solely because you have tightened the leash so much they have no opportunity to cheat on you (not because, you know, they feel it's wrong to cheat)- well, that's hardly a win for fidelity.

It wasn't just her fidelity though- Corey never trusted her feelings for him. He said it right out in 16 & P- Leah spent the whole time she was pregnant comparing him unfavorably to Robbie, and came crawling back to Corey only when Robbie wouldn't have her. She settled for him because she didn't want to be alone, particularly not as a single mother to two infants. Had Leah been a mature adult, she might have accepted Corey's strengths as a person and a father and husband enough to be a reasonable tradeoff for not being in love with him and stayed faithful to him anyways. Plenty of marriages work without romantic passion if the two people are mature and respectful of each other. But she was immature, selfish, and irresponsible so she went ahead and married him knowing full well she was keeping her eyes open for someone better to come along. Corey knew it too, which is why he didn't trust her but he has only himself to blame for pressuring her into marriage.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Wasn't Corey's official byline about her job also that it (a few hours one day or so a week) wasn't profitable enough for them as a family to justify her keeping it? In other words, that it was more of a drain then her just staying home with the twins while they were young. Which is also legit, especially because we all know her goal most likely wasn't to actually get any kind of marketable job training, but to get male attention and "better" offers then Corey.

42 minutes ago, Tatum said:
46 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Had Leah been a mature adult, she might have accepted Corey's strengths as a person and a father and husband enough to be a reasonable tradeoff for not being in love with him and stayed faithful to him anyways. Plenty of marriages work without romantic passion if the two people are mature and respectful of each other

I do judge Corey a little for this though. He was 100% right not to trust Leah, but the thing to do when you don't trust someone is break up with that person. You don't manage your insecurity by trying to limit all their options so they have no choice but to stay with you

To be fair, Corey was, as they say, "Young, dumb, and full of c*m." Hell, I've seen people decades older then him constantly forgive and chase after the cheaters in their lives, so it might be a tall order to expect a dude in his very early 20s from hickland ,where the schools definitely aren't well, to have more sense. He was enamored with Leah, his girls, and the idea of a happy family and "doing the right thing." It doesn't help that the social expectation in the Holler is to get married out of high school and have 3 kids by 21.

I will also say, I do agree that a successful marriage is based on more then love/lust and that soulmates and tru luv is a bs fantasy, but the marriages I've seen that have been based respect and practicality usually were long ones, where the partners grew through the many stages of the relationship cycle, from lust/romantic love to friendship/championship and respect/mutual goals. So I can't necessarily blame anyone for wanting to feel some type of love and attraction for their partner, which was obvious Leah never truly did for Corey. Which is why Leah should've never went so far to marry him in the first place, and he should've taken the blinders off, but...the schools aren't well. That's all I've got.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

. So I can't necessarily blame anyone for wanting to feel some type of love and attraction for their partner, which was obvious Leah never truly did for Corey. Which is why Leah should've never went so far to marry him in the first place, and he should've taken the blinders off, but...the schools aren't well. That's all I've got.

You make fair points. And yes, asking an 18 year old girl to forfeit any chance of feeling "The Notebook/Twilight/whatever the kids hold as their aspirational love story" is a very hard thing to do. Hell, it would be hard to ask a 40 something to do it (although cynicism may have taken over at that point), so obviously expecting a hormonal teenager to do so would be expecting the impossible.  Mama Dawn in her own way tried to tell Leah this.

But this is why I can't like Leah and just consider her incredibly selfish. She knew she didn't have strong romantic feelings for Corey. She had  "you'll do for now" feelings towards Corey. If she was so desperate to feel "real love" with Ryan Gosling or whatever, she should have stayed friendly with Corey as a co parent and waited for someone else to come along that actually tripped her trigger, besides Robbie. But god forbid Leah not have a Valentines Day date or anyone to validate her sexy, dateable self, so she insisted on reconciling with Corey, even as he expressed extreme hesitation and told her how hurt he felt and how she was just doing this because she couldn't get anyone else (at the moment). She knew she was likely going to hurt him again down the road, but she couldn't deal with being lonely and feeling unloved, even just temporarily.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Tatum said:

But this is why I can't like Leah and just consider her incredibly selfish. She knew she didn't have strong romantic feelings for Corey. She had  "you'll do for now" feelings towards Corey. If she was so desperate to feel "real love" with Ryan Gosling or whatever, she should have stayed friendly with Corey as a co parent and waited for someone else to come along that actually tripped her trigger, besides Robbie. But god forbid Leah not have a Valentines Day date or anyone to validate her sexy, dateable self, so she insisted on reconciling with Corey, even as he expressed extreme hesitation and told her how hurt he felt and how she was just doing this because she couldn't get anyone else (at the moment). She knew she was likely going to hurt him again down the road, but she couldn't deal with being lonely and feeling unloved, even just temporarily.

Oh no doubt, I think Leah was selfish to stay with Corey when she could barely tolerate him, but this is Leah we're talking about. She was immature, petty, spoiled, and dumb, and sadly she hasn't changed much and probably never will. Considering she is about as deep as a puddle, I don't foresee her every growing out of her fantasies regarding relationships, unless she is forced to by circumstances.

• Love 6

I agree with everything you guys have said about Leah and corey, and by far the craziest part for me was when Leah was going back and forth between Corey and Jeremy, and both of them were cool with it and willing to let her make a decision. Like...whaaaaaaat?!  That, to me, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Germy was interested in the cameras. Why else would an early twenties guy with a six-figure salary fight so hard to date a teen mom of two with cheating issues who was dangling him on a string? It was back then that I knew he was nothing more than a fame whore. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh no doubt, I think Leah was selfish to stay with Corey when she could barely tolerate him, but this is Leah we're talking about. She was immature, petty, spoiled, and dumb, and sadly she hasn't changed much and probably never will. Considering she is about as deep as a puddle, I don't foresee her every growing out of her fantasies regarding relationships, unless she is forced to by circumstances.

I agree with you. I cut Corey a little more slack than Leah regarding the entire situation because after Robbie Cheating Episode 1, he gave her a way out and was trying to co-parent in a friendly way, she wanted HIM back, and he laid it out there that he wanted to be together for real, she agreed and then engaged in Robbie Cheating Episode 2 right before their wedding! Leah wanted to have her cake and eat it too, Corey wanted what he stated- to be with Leah. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I cut Corey a little more slack than Leah regarding the entire situation because after Robbie Cheating Episode 1, he gave her a way out and was trying to co-parent in a friendly way, she wanted HIM back, and he laid it out there that he wanted to be together for real, she agreed and then engaged in Robbie Cheating Episode 2 right before their wedding! Leah wanted to have her cake and eat it too, Corey wanted what he stated- to be with Leah. 

She didn't want him back, per se, she just wanted a romantic partner, and he was the best she could get on short notice. Had she been willing to be single for more than 5 minutes, she could have maybe found someone she truly liked. Although her dating pool options were somewhat limited being the single mother of two infants.

I DO have to concede though, that it's been a very long time since Leah has had a boyfriend, like almost two years, which in Teen Momland is like over a decade to the rest of us. So, either she's learned a thing or two about using men for the convenience of an ego boost, and has grown more comfortable with being single, or she's gotten better about hiding who she's dating.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

I DO have to concede though, that it's been a very long time since Leah has had a boyfriend, like almost two years, which in Teen Momland is like over a decade to the rest of us. So, either she's learned a thing or two about using men for the convenience of an ego boost, and has grown more comfortable with being single, or she's gotten better about hiding who she's dating.

Or there are no guys left who want to be with her other than a roll in the sack. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Wasn’t she with TR Dues almost all of 2016? I know it’s 2018 now but the year just started. 

59 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Or there are no guys left who want to be with her other than a roll in the sack. 

Yeah- partnered sex is easy to get. If Leah wants someone to tickle her fancy a few times a week I don’t think she’s hurting, a relationship is another story. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Wasn’t she with TR Dues almost all of 2016? I know it’s 2018 now but the year just started. 

Yeah- partnered sex is easy to get. If Leah wants someone to tickle her fancy a few times a week I don’t think she’s hurting, a relationship is another story. 

I was thinking they broke up summer of 2016, but even 14 months (if they broke up at the tail end of 2016) is a pretty good single run for Leah.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

All of us were able to see it, but Princess of the Holler could not. She should have tried harder to stay married (both times) because most guys aren't dying to be with an early twenties single mom of multiple children, one with an expensive disability, who has problems with spending money, drugs, cheating, and can't keep house. She was lucky that corey didn't run, and that a high earner like Jeremy wanted her despite those things. Yeah, that is a low bar, but look at adumb, Andrew, etc. Teen and young twenties guys aren't looking to play house with a bunch of little kids. Now, Jeremy is a jerk, but Leah didn't appreciate the things he did, or try to be a good wife, because she's the purdiest one in the holler and had never known a life where guys weren't chasing her down. Now, I wonder if she regrets any of it. No matter what, being single has to be good for her!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Teen and young twenties guys aren't looking to play house with a bunch of little kids. Now, Jeremy is a jerk, but Leah didn't appreciate the things he did, or try to be a good wife, because she's the purdiest one in the holler and had never known a life where guys weren't chasing her down. Now, I wonder if she regrets any of it. No matter what, being single has to be good for her!

“The purdiest one in the holler...” omg you’re too funny!!!

Leah will probably marry again, but she will be in her mid/late 30s and the guy will be divorced with bio kids of his own. Being single for a bit probably has been the best thing for her. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

“The purdiest one in the holler...” omg you’re too funny!!!

Leah will probably marry again, but she will me in her mid/late 30s and the guy will be divorced with bio kids of his own. Being single for a bit probably has been the best thing for her. 

Awwww, thanks. I agree with you! I wonder what she will do between the show ending and meeting her next husband. Does she "make" enough in child support to live off? I predict she'll use her remaining MTV money to start yet another MLM, which is the absolute WORST thing she could possibly do!

• Love 2

On her Instagram stories she posted a pic of her and addie.  Of course Leah’s all “purrdied” up like she does when she takes a selfie.  The second picture is of Jeremy.  The third pic appears to be her, Addie, and Jeremy out at dinner together. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

Leah is in Atlanta with Kail today to be a guest on the podcast. 

040C6E73-8094-4180-ABCA-12CAD6516654.jpeg

We moved about a month ago and I still can't find my tweezers.  Good to know at least my bows are in style!

• Love 7
On 2/6/2018 at 11:17 AM, Tatum said:

I was thinking they broke up summer of 2016, but even 14 months (if they broke up at the tail end of 2016) is a pretty good single run for Leah.

I think 14 months is equal to something like "5 years" in Teen-Mom-franchise-member-time.....

So....good for you, Leah.  I don't think she's ever been single this long. I know it's not long for normal people, but for the girls on this show (especially Leah, Jenelle, or un-jailed Amber) it is a long time.  

• Love 3

Lady's if ur husband works away or in the military if possible call him or text him and tell him thanks for everything and express ur feelings. Believe it or not but it truly means alot just some simple words.

Where to start?

Also, Jeremy, I have it on good authority that military spouses already do this. But thanks for the reminder.

• Love 10

I love that age!!! Oh my goodness!  So cute!  (My husband just asked me to see the video of my twin niece/nephew who are the same age and I had to explain that it was my imaginary Teen Mom friend kid that I was watching and not them)

Edited by LBS
  • Love 12

A few years ago during the reunion there was a rumor that someone stole Ali's meds from Leah's hotel room. Someone on this twitter thread asked The Ashley why she didn't publish the story. Leah had no idea what they were talking about but her reply is priceless.

olll.jpg

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6
On 2/9/2018 at 1:53 PM, druzy said:

As a female service member/mother who was deployed thousands of miles away from her child, fuck you. 

Also, if you wanted to be close to your child and not miss those moments, you can find another job. 

• Love 14

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/02/10/leah-messer-tells-all-on-kail-lowrys-podcast-teen-mom-2-star-talks-hooking-up-with-ex-jeremy-calvert-hardships-of-being-on-tv/

Later in the interview, however, Leah admitted that she and Jeremy have played “hide the pickle” from time to time since their divorce, especially recently. In fact, Leah confirmed that her flings with Jeremy will be a topic on the next season of ‘Teen Mom 2!’

“[We filmed about] us being like ‘We should just get back together’ and about us hooking up,” she said.

On the rumors she’s getting back together with her ex-husband, Jeremy Calvert: 

Leah said she was not happy with all the drama that went down when the ‘Teen Mom 2’ cast came together in October to film the Season 8A Reunion.

On the current state of her daughter Ali’s health: 

Leah confirmed that her daughter Ali, who has a rare form of muscular dystrophy, has been struggling with her health. She got emotional while discussing her daughter.

“She’s doing alright,” Leah said of Ali. “She’s had some challenges here recently…[having to do] with her diagnosis but she’s doing alright.”

• Love 8

What is the current custody situation with the girls?  Does Corey still have primary or did they do 50/50 now?

Surprise surprise she's been hooking up with Jeremy.  They're totally that couple who have great sex together but nothing else works.  No judgment over here, if that works for the two of them great.  Wasn't Jeremy dating someone recently though?   Guess Leah is his back up plan haha

• Love 3

I'm sorry, somebody please explain Leah's Hillbilly Logic. Why the the hell is she renting all these cars to transport Ali's willchair? Why not just buy ONE reliable van that's equipped for that sort of thing and drive it for a decade? Maybe it's because I'm not a car person, so I've never seen the need to trade vehicles in after two or three years, but God, these girls just piss money away so stupidly. 

• Love 13
On 2/5/2018 at 1:47 PM, HeySandyStrange said:

To be fair, Corey was, as they say, "Young, dumb, and full of c*m."

Omg I’ve never heard that before and I laughed SO HARD.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:04 PM, Christina87 said:

I agree with everything you guys have said about Leah and corey, and by far the craziest part for me was when Leah was going back and forth between Corey and Jeremy, and both of them were cool with it and willing to let her make a decision. Like...whaaaaaaat?!  That, to me, proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Germy was interested in the cameras. Why else would an early twenties guy with a six-figure salary fight so hard to date a teen mom of two with cheating issues who was dangling him on a string? It was back then that I knew he was nothing more than a fame whore. 

He really doesn’t seem that much like a fame whore though. He’s not on the show much and from what I’ve assumed it’s because he didn’t really want to be. Am I missing something? I think he’s just one of those guys who want what they can’t have even more - he didn’t really want to be with Leah (though I don’t know if he even knew that) he wanted to “win” and get her over Cory. It seems like a lot of guys are more into a woman when there’s a “threat” of another guy. This is why I think he pushed to have a baby so quick - he thought it would level the playing field with Cory.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think 14 months is equal to something like "5 years" in Teen-Mom-franchise-member-time.....

So....good for you, Leah.  I don't think she's ever been single this long. I know it's not long for normal people, but for the girls on this show (especially Leah, Jenelle, or un-jailed Amber) it is a long time.  

How do we know she’s really even single? She lied the whole time and acted like TR Dues never existed. Claimed she was single that whole time. Maybe she’s gotten a tiny bit better at actually hiding things. Or maybe she’s been banging her sister’s husband. I don’t trust anything she says about her dating life.

On 2/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, druzy said:

A few years ago during the reunion there was a rumor that someone stole Ali's meds from Leah's hotel room. Someone on this twitter thread asked The Ashley why she didn't publish the story. Leah had no idea what they were talking about but her reply is priceless.

olll.jpg

Is she illiterate? Her reply is so far off it’s like she didn’t read the thread but  then she obviously did because she used “sitting on anything” - wtf?

26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm sorry, somebody please explain Leah's Hillbilly Logic. Why the the hell is she renting all these cars to transport Ali's willchair? Why not just buy ONE reliable van that's equipped for that sort of thing and drive it for a decade? Maybe it's because I'm not a car person, so I've never seen the need to trade vehicles in after two or three years, but God, these girls just piss money away so stupidly. 

She’s stupid. And possibly lying to look better but it’s actually making her look worse.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My *speculation* is that she only bothers with the wheelchair in very few instances, and therefore it is far more economical to rent a vehicle than invest in a van which @Lm2162 said can easily run about $100K. 

Leah may never have admitted to a relationship with Dues, but in the age of social media it’s hard to hide a boyfriend, which is how we knew about him. I think she’s been banging jeremy and possibly her former brother in law over the last year but I don’t think there’s been a boyfriend in the mix since Dues. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Omg I’ve never heard that before and I laughed SO HARD.

He really doesn’t seem that much like a fame whore though. He’s not on the show much and from what I’ve assumed it’s because he didn’t really want to be. Am I missing something? I think he’s just one of those guys who want what they can’t have even more - he didn’t really want to be with Leah (though I don’t know if he even knew that) he wanted to “win” and get her over Cory. It seems like a lot of guys are more into a woman when there’s a “threat” of another guy. This is why I think he pushed to have a baby so quick - he thought it would level the playing field with Cory.

How do we know she’s really even single? She lied the whole time and acted like TR Dues never existed. Claimed she was single that whole time. Maybe she’s gotten a tiny bit better at actually hiding things. Or maybe she’s been banging her sister’s husband. I don’t trust anything she says about her dating life.

Is she illiterate? Her reply is so far off it’s like she didn’t read the thread but  then she obviously did because she used “sitting on anything” - wtf?

She’s stupid. And possibly lying to look better but it’s actually making her look worse.

My feeling is that Jeremy thought he wanted the fame, but didn't end up liking everything that came with it. Let's be real...he Facebook messaged a complete stranger who happened to be on TV, went out with her on dates a couple of weekends, with a camera crew in tow, and then decided to propose / take on two children that weren't his almost immediately. I bet at that point, the media and his friends were going crazy about how he was the "good guy" who was "stepping up" in Leah's life, and he was on a high from it! At that point, he THOUGHT he wanted to marry her and have a baby to stay on the show, like javi (though I could see leveling the playing field with Corey factoring in too). However, we have seen on social media how thin-skinned he is. Whenever anyone voices the slightest criticism, he goes off on a heated rant and then says he gives "zero shits" what anyone thinks anyway. I bet when he started getting any sort of criticism from the show, that was when he decided this reality tv thing wasn't as great as it seemed. He does like to try to stay relevant, though, but not as much as before. And again, any time he is even slightly criticized, he goes off on a rant and gets really upset. 

• Love 9

My *speculation* is that she only bothers with the wheelchair in very few instances, and therefore it is far more economical to rent a vehicle than invest in a van which @Lm2162 said can easily run about $100K. 

Right. The rent-a-van is rented during the days she is filming the show. 

So, Leah admits she and Jeremy are "hiding the pickle"?  Let's hope he is wearing a condom, at least. 

• Love 9