Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E30: Head of Household #10; Nominations #10

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

This was such an eventful episode that I managed to finish it in record time! 14mins. I feel like Wednesday probably will be very similar. We need a Pandoras box or somethin to be shakin up this last half of the season or at least a double eviction to get Scottie/Haliegh out just so we can rip off the band aid.  

• Love 7

"The Return of the Virgin King"  Oh my.  That's  a stretch.

Fuck You JC!  He's about on my last nerve.  I'll be very happy when he's finally gone.

Well done greeting Scotty Angela!  "I got rid of backstabbing Fessy for you.  Good Riddance!"

Angela does not look happy listening to JC whine.

Scotty seems so confident.  Delusional Hiver.

Hay is so dumb.  Of course Scotty is on your side.  He has nobody either!  Not like the duo are going to turn into some comp beast power couple, but I suppose it could happen.

I love the ketchup and mustard!  

Tough competition.  Killer once that pie started slapping back.

Sam's cheerleading was a bit much.  Maybe it did help Hay hang on longer.  She was looking strong then BooM!

That hit that took her out was brutal.

Tyler's right to go after Hay.  She went after him first.  She had to try and work on him, but that grudge isn't going away. 

Scotty grovels like he has to do.  No other choice really.  He'll probably offer Tyler another F2.

Hey trollboy.  When you pit everybody against each other, they eventually all get together, compare notes, and go after you.  Once Hay or Scotty is gone, he becomes expendable.

I loved Hay's disgusted look at the nominations.  yada, yada, yada....  At least there wasn't a lot of crying.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Ugh, they are featuring JC this week as some kind of mastermind.

I don't know if the edit was meant to show JC as the mastermind--or someone who THINKS he's the mastermind. I really wish we had more talking heads from Brett about JC, but Brett immediately telling Tyler what was going on and Tyler's push-back of JC from the last episode and then tonight show that JC isn't the powerhouse he thinks he is. They all seem pretty done with him.

I was annoyed that they didn't have a clock showing how long the comp took.

Edited by springbarb
There's a different betwee "did" and "didn't"
  • Love 11

Way too much JC.  (Of course, I'm kind of at the point where any JC is too much JC, but still...)

I did feel really bad for Haleigh.  I mean, I get it and Tyler's not wrong to put her up, but she gave that comp her all.  

• Love 12

Glad Tyler won. Not surprised at all by his noms. It really was the perfect time for him to win HOH. He was able to put up two nominees he hasn't struck a deal with. 

Haleigh can save her breath about his nominations being lame. You nominated him! Threat recognizes threat. I did feel sorry for her fall, though. That looked rough. 

Way too much JC tonight. I'm glad most people seem to see though his stupid antics. He thinks he's so clever, but he's incredibly transparent and no one trusts him.

Sam has grated a lot this summer; but I did think it was cute when she immediately said, "Scottie, we gotta get you a bed!" She really is the house mom.

• Love 12

I enjoyed watching the HOH with all the up close angles, even though the sound effects of them getting hit were pretty heavy handed. But wow, once it got down to Tyler and Hayleigh? All of those brutal hits they took? Huge kudos to both. And the hit and fall by Hayleigh? DAMN! Tyler was class by hugging her and telling her how awesome she did.

I also liked seeing Hayleigh snark back at the onlookers (90% Sam) by yelling “Go TYLER”.  Especially since Sam had to be Sam and be the first one to run up to Hayleigh, because bitch please, step off.

The rest of the episode? Meh. 

• Love 6

100% completely predictable from:

Hay losing at the last minute to Tyler (of course)

The misdirection to try and suggest JC will go  up

The nominations

With that said...forget it editors...it's a little to little..a little too late to try and make Kaycee a viable character. She is this seasons biggest dud...she is a Matt, she is a Victoria-she's a big zero and nobody cares about her.

Why the Battle Back was a big waste:

SCOTTIE: Now that I am back in the house I want to work with Tyler.  Not ONE of the other people that could have come back would have said this or attempted it...they actually would have tried to shake things up...not fall in as another one of Tyler's countless stooges.

Hay is my favorite but maybe its time for her to just go and relax in the jury house...there's no overcoming Level 6...they've had a lock on the game for almost two months now.

The only entertainment that could really be left this season is if through some miraculous set of circumstances the final two winds up JC and KC....which would be the worst final two ever and we could watch the jury's head explode trying to pick between such a pathetic choice.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 5

Surprising to see JC getting a mastermind edit right off the bat given the bad stuff that's been in the in media about him recently. Not a good look for CBS, IMO. Guess either they condone his behavior or are afraid of backlash from the multiple minority groups he represents. Seems to me a good compromise would be not to feature him so much.

Ugh, I hated that no one was pulling for Haleigh. Not that I'm necessarily pulling for her but I think the show is being too obvious its propping of Tyler.

Was JC wearing Haleigh's clothes? What was that Aggies hoodie all about?

When Tyler was in the HOH bed with Angela and they were talking, they seemed so calculating and devious, so spiteful, and insidious. They reminded me of The Natural Born Killers.

They reminded me of Jaime and Cersei. Except for the siblings part anyway.

• Love 6

Main takeaways:

1. This “JC is DA MASTERMIND” edit is about as enjoyable as gargling gasoline, then spitting on a match - which is to say, it’s not.
  2. More demonstration of how very cute the folks in the cutting room think they are with their “this is SO my comp and I’m gonna beast it out to the very...” <BoomYerOut> interrupt edits.
  3. Yet Even More scenes of Hay boohooing it up in the DR.  To lift a line from To Wong Fu: “Hun, do you like, ever, NOT cry in this room?” 
  4. Nice to see how quickly some of JC’s delusions of grandeur are being exposed, though.  Going to Brett and Tyler to try to sow seeds of dissent against Angela and Kaycee???  JC doesn’t even know who in the House is aligned with who.
  • Love 13

It looks like JC's hubris is coming to bite him in the ass and I can't wait.  His big mistake is assuming that everyone is as clueless as Fessy.  Tyler was straight up telling him "I'm not dumb" and it went right over his head.  (No pun intended ;-)

• Love 16

Yeah, so we see Sam has a backpiece too. That was my big revelation of the night. Pretty straight up procedural otherwise.

JC is a a hideous troll. The sooner everyone figures that out the better. I like that Tyler once again shut him down. He def. thinks he's playing everyone as a mastermind but I think all his attempts are getting are internal eyerolls at this point. Gads he's annoying. And put a damned shirt on, please.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 15

It’s funny how people see things differently. I didn’t think JC was getting a mastermind edit at all. In fact, I thought it was the exact opposite. I thought JC cackling in the DR was basically the editors mocking him for being so wrong. I honestly can’t believe it’s this late in the game and there are still people who don’t know that L6 is a tight alliance. JC just keeps going up to people and saying “We have to...” but he has no clue there is no “we” that includes him. Dramatic irony to continue JC’s Shakespearean theme.

I think I’m one of the few people who likes Kaycee. I don’t think she’s been a non-entity at all. She’s won some crucial comps.  And she also seems like a genuinely nice person. Actually, compared to last season, everybody this season seems like a saint. Except JC. He’s the spawn of Satan.

I’m so over the “poor Haleigh” edit. Like, I’m sorry her alliance turned out to be so hilariously bad but it’s not like the others are shunning her personally or anything. Yes, mean old Sam was shouting words of encouragement to Tyler but she was also the first one to run out to Haleigh to help her up after she fell. And Tyler (who was just as exhausted and beat up as Haleigh) asked her if she was ok before he let himself drop and celebrate. I’ll be very glad when she (and Sam & Scottie) goes to jury just so we can hurry up and get to the part when L6 has to start devouring each other.

• Love 22

I think a lot of people like Kaycee.  She has been stepping up her game of late so she finally earned a personal segment on tonight's show which will endear her to more people I think.

And yeah the editors were setting up JC for what surely will be his eventual fall as his would be puppet master crap is getting on everyone's nerves and it really only worked on Fessy some to begin with. It's hilarious that he has no clue that Level 6 has ever existed and thinks all this stuff is his doing.

I'm loving this season because I Iove how Level 6 has played a game and didn't take things personally in the main.  This is the anti-Paul season for sure.  And I really don't look forward to L6 having to devour each other shortly because I wish they all could win at this point.  And an honorable mention to Foutte/The Hive for playing the Wile E. Coyote role to Level 6's Roadrunner to perfection this year.  It has been so fun to see which new way they would screw things up week to week. 

Edited by green
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

It’s funny how people see things differently. I didn’t think JC was getting a mastermind edit at all. In fact, I thought it was the exact opposite. I thought JC cackling in the DR was basically the editors mocking him for being so wrong. I honestly can’t believe it’s this late in the game and there are still people who don’t know that L6 is a tight alliance. JC just keeps going up to people and saying “We have to...” but he has no clue there is no “we” that includes him. Dramatic irony to continue JC’s Shakespearean theme.

Oh, I get it’s a total setup; I’m just getting tired of sitting around grinding my teeth and waiting for the bottom to fall out of JC’s amazingly large bucket o’ bullshit.  Can’t happen too soon for my tastes.

• Love 10

Utter boredom.  Tyler wins HoH, so the editors can blow smoke up his hole.  Tyler nominates the only two people he doesn't have a F2 with, rather than try to eliminate somebody who might be a threat to him in the end game.  Tyler "justifies" nominating Haleigh because of shit that happened four weeks ago.

The show is lucky that last season sucked so hard, because otherwise this level of predictability would be a bad, bad look.  Just saying.  They even hauled out the (once-)annual "coming out was hard, but my family loves me" segment, which I don't think we've seen since Jenn Arroyo in BB14.  Well, I'm all for the return of traditions past, but I'd take the Wheel O'Keys over classic filler, personally.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, springbarb said:

I don't know if the edit was meant to show JC as the mastermind--or someone who THINKS he's the mastermind. I really wish we had more talking heads from Brett about JC, but Brett immediately telling Tyler what was going on and Tyler's push-back of JC from the last episode and then tonight show that JC isn't the powerhouse he thinks he is. They all seem pretty done with him.

I was annoyed that they did have a clock showing how long the comp took.

I thought the episode was totally throwing shade at JC. I only wish they had thrown in sound effects. 

JC to Group: One of us needs to win this HoH.

L6 (in their hive mind): Who is this “us” to whom you refer, JC? We’ll just sit right here and wait for you to win it. 

JC in DR: Now that Tyler is HoH, it’s the same as if it was me. 

Me: cackles out loud and scares the cat. 

• Love 12

Completely agree with all of that! If Haleigh had won HoH, she absolutely 100% would have nominated Tyler. Out of everybody left in the house, she is the only one who is actively and openly gunning for Tyler. That’s why he told JC he wouldn’t even consider going after anyone else until Haleigh is gone. He would be an idiot to go after someone in his own alliance right now. And since he has final 2 deals with almost everyone left in L6, it might never be beneficial to go after them. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 13

I realise now that Tyler sounds really annoying the DR, maybe he just doesn't sound natural enough reading his script.  He drags words out and exaggerates his speech.

The competition took up 15 minutes of the episode but I'd already been spoiled on it, this forum seems the only one where you can rely on not being spoiled.

Like someone else mentioned the misdirection with JC as a threat didn't feel likely, and the nominations were predictable.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 4

I'm hoping that if either Scotty or Haleigh come off the block, Tyler puts up JC (Please, oh please. The look on his face would be priceless.). Then Tyler could claim to them that that was his plan all along; to backdoor JC without giving up any clues. Honestly, I just can't wait for that smug little troll to get knocked off his self created pedestal. He isn't funny anymore; he's delusional and mean. Maybe it would be more enjoyable to watch him squirm on the block for a week. We know he wouldn't be winning any POV comps.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, green said:

And what you see as predictability I see as a the best season ever with my team clobbering the other team and I love every minute of it.  It is flying by way too fast for me.  It is "predictable" that Wile E. Coyote loses to the Roadrunner too.  That is a beautiful thing.  A very beautiful thing.

And it will be a thing of beauty when "your team" has to start tearing each other apart once their cake walk is over and they have to turn on each other.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, green said:

Tyler nominated Hay because Hay would nominate him had she won this week and should she survive this week she would go after him in the future. 

It's great that you know what Tyler is thinking.  However, this isn't what he said, either in the nomination speech or in any of his copious DRs.

And "what Haleigh would have done had she won HoH" is a dead issue, given that she, you know, didn't. And let's remember, when Haleigh actually won HoH, she didn't nominate Tyler.  She nominated Angela and Kaycee, and then Kaycee again.  So your guess above seems quite likely to be wrong.

2 hours ago, green said:

what you see as predictability I see as a the best season ever with my team clobbering the other team and I love every minute of it. 

I didn't ask if you agreed with my opinion; you're entitled to have your own.  It feels as though you're coming rather close to "correcting" me for disagreeing with you, though.  ("What you see as predictability…", etc.) Please don't.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

And it will be a thing of beauty when "your team" has to start tearing each other apart once their cake walk is over and they have to turn on each other.

I don't think it will. Everyone will just accept their fate. This group has put loyalty to the alliance above their personal game all season, so when it's just them they'll all just walk off quietly with their tail between their legs when it's their turn (i.e. Tyler decides) to go. I mean, Tyler would probably be way mopey if he got targeted before the end, but there's no chance of that happening.

The only drama comes from when L6 decides to go after Sam and JC, but I figure even that will find a way to be boring as hell lol.

I'm just glad there are others who are bored out of their mind by this season. There were a few good moments in the first month, but after that it's just been wall-to-wall predictability. I think that's just what the show is now tbh because most of the recent seasons have been this way. They need to try shortening the seasons and see if that helps at all. This shit is way too damn long.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

TPTB need to stop getting so cute with add ons during game play.  Just let the game play out naturally.  If they cast the show correctly the game should run itself.  Cast the show incorrectly (Derrick's season) and the game becomes incredibly boring, and no amount of interference can save it.

I like Level 6, but I did want Hayleigh or Scottie to win the HOH.  Level 6 needs to at least work for their dominance, and not have this season handed to them on a silver platter.

If by ad ons you mean stupid stuff like "the hacker" I agree. This completly wrecks things for players unfairly...being able to replace a HOH's nomintions etc...just stop with all that and like you say let it play out naturally.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm just glad there's others who are bored out of their mind by this season. There were a few good moments in the first month, 

Agreed.  Last night I had the TV on with the sound off during the HOH comp. The DRs were badly scripted, dull,  boring,  predictable and not worth listening to. So I just turned the TV off. There wasn't anything worth watching.  I'll probably watch Wednesday's  episode on the off chance that Sam's salon will be featured and then skip Thursday's ep and catch up here.  Unless something extraordinary happens and is reported here I doubt I'll watch the rest of the season until the finale.

ETA:  One exception, I want to see the degenerate pervert nominated and evicted. FUJC

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I like Level 6, but I did want Hayleigh or Scottie to win the HOH.  Level 6 needs to at least work for their dominance, and not have this season handed to them on a silver platter.

I would respectfully suggest this week’s HoH wasn’t handed to anyone on a silver platter - in fact, I rather thought the comp’s design was more suited/slanted in Hay’s favor than Tyler’s.  I think TPTB simply underestimated Tyler’s stubbornness.  :)

• Love 10
12 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

When Tyler was in the HOH bed with Angela and they were talking, they seemed so calculating and devious, so spiteful, and insidious. They reminded me of The Natural Born Killers.

Clutches pearls 

NBK is one of my all time favorite movies, those two couldn't shine Mickey and Mallory's guns!

• Love 4

Love the editors dragging out that HOH comp for almost an entire half hour because they have nothing else to show. 

12 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

That "showmance" is so cringeworthy. They have absolutely terrible chemistry. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

TPTB need to stop getting so cute with add ons during game play.  Just let the game play out naturally. 

3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

If by ad ons you mean stupid stuff like "the hacker" I agree. 

Honestly I think TPTB do that kind of stuff to try to prevent exactly what is happening, the same people winning week after week. They know that makes for boring TV and they're interested in the TV show, not the game. It doesn't always work though and that makes the twists even more hard to swallow.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

And let's remember, when Haleigh actually won HoH, she didn't nominate Tyler.  She nominated Angela and Kaycee, and then Kaycee again.  So your guess above seems quite likely to be wrong.

In all fairness, Haleigh stated that her plan from the start was to backdoor Tyler. The only reason she nominated Kaycee again was because Tyler won the Veto, so she couldn’t nominate him.  So while she never actually got to nominate him, she made it abundantly clear that her goal was to get him out that week, until Rockstar screwed up her plan.

• Love 18

What an insult to viewers! With all the media attention to the antics of JC, TPTB had to shove him down everyone's throat on last night's bore-a-thon. He should have been thrown off the show for his abhorrent behavior.  What ever happened to self appointed moral compass Sam? Haven't heard about her objecting to the sleazy behavior. It doesn't matter if the two HG's say it's no big deal. Their PC garbage shows they have no self esteem. The  show should have stepped in and made the right decision.

• Love 5

Tyler and Angela a couple.  No way.  He looks like a little kid and she a grown up woman.  What an odd pairing this late in the game.

Was this to make Tyler look masculine?  If so it bombed because I thought they looked ridiculous together.

Next two on the block will be the left over from this duo.  One will go this week and the other on the block next to JC then Sam then they start eating each other. 

Kaycee and Angela are a formidable pairing.  Can they overcome Tyler and Brett?  If I was Tyler I would be taking a look at the ladies.  They can't be trusted. 

BTW thank you to the mods for leaving out the 'hints' about topics in the live discussion page topics.  I always had to try to avoid them because this season I'm not watching live feeds so each episode is a mystery to me and honestly I'm enjoying the show so much more knowing nothing. 

Haleigh did go after Tyler first.  She made a huge move.  Was it the right move..thinking back on it now?  I think she could have gone a lot farther with the right pairing. 

16 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Utter boredom.  Tyler wins HoH, so the editors can blow smoke up his hole.  Tyler nominates the only two people he doesn't have a F2 with, rather than try to eliminate somebody who might be a threat to him in the end game.  Tyler "justifies" nominating Haleigh because of shit that happened four weeks ago.

The show is lucky that last season sucked so hard, because otherwise this level of predictability would be a bad, bad look.  Just saying.  They even hauled out the (once-)annual "coming out was hard, but my family loves me" segment, which I don't think we've seen since Jenn Arroyo in BB14.  Well, I'm all for the return of traditions past, but I'd take the Wheel O'Keys over classic filler, personally.

Exactly the way I feel.  So damned predictable and not as much fun.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Tyler and Angela a couple.  No way.  He looks like a little kid and she a grown up woman.  

From what I found online,Tyler is 23 and Angela is 26, so only a 3 year difference. 

But I think Tyler does have more of a baby face and Angela has a more mature face.

I actually like Haleigh, but I really, really hope she goes home this week, for the sole reason that it isn't what JC wants. And that Scottie will come after him, because I need to see someone come after JC.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MRMO said:

What ever happened to self appointed moral compass Sam? Haven't heard about her objecting to the sleazy behavior.

Let's just say the episode leaves out stuff you see in the live feeds. And since the episode did not portray JC's sleazy behavior it would be hard to show anyone's objections to the behavior.

• Love 5