Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 23: Spoilers & Speculation

Boys2Mom
  • Start Topic

On 9/6/2018 at 12:45 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Wonder if a Bachelor-to-be can "resign" due to personal reasons and the runner-up be crowned instead?

"Bachelor Colton Underwood will not be filming the hit ABC series as originally planned. His departure from the role was announced this morning, said ABC. "The timing didn't feel right," Underwood said.  "My breakups with Becca and Tia were still too raw. I think I would be more able to find my person in a year or two."

Jason Tartick, who came in third on Becca's season, was picked to fill the role. "I'm extremely excited to find love as The Bachelor," Tartick said. "I know the process works and I wish Colton the best." Filming begins next week.

See ABC? It's pretty easy.  

This could be a controversy. Colton will not cancel his plans and must continue to start filming the intro later in the week.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Wings said:

Jef fan here.   

Me too, Wings. It's about time for Jef to show up on one of these spinoff shows. I guess Jef and Arie are not friends anymore, but Arie is hardly the favorite son of Bachelor Nation either so why can't we see more Jef? Winter Games 2 maybe?

• Love 2

This is the first season in a while, other than Farmer Chris, that I am truly not looking forward to.  I don't get Colton's charm, I don't find him wholesome (charity OK, charity named after yourself not ok), and definitely not sexy.  If I watch, it will be for the women and the women's stories, not for Colton. 

• Love 5

Colton doesn't seem the type to be able to even make a decision period, let alone choosing which "girls"  should go home each week and then which one he wants to "spend the rest of his life with". He is the least ready for marriage of any contestant I've ever seen on this show....even less ready than the players and fame whores who are there for screen time. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Dr Epi said:

If I watch, it will be for the women and the women's stories, not for Colton. 

Apparently, that's all the powers that be want. As long as you're watching, they'll have advertisers, and that's where the money is.  Networks, and people like Fleiss, don't give a sh** about you, they only give a sh** about your money.  By the time January rolls around, the show will have been shot, and whether you like Colton or not, too bad.  

IMO, the only way an audience can ever influence casting decisions on TB or any show is by letting advertisers (whether the advertising is via commercials or just product/venue placement on the show) know that they will not be purchasing their products/services due to poor decisions by the shows (i.e. Fleiss/the networks). If enough people complain--not likely to happen on TB, mind you, but I'm just putting this out there--if enough people complain, that is the only way networks, and people like Fleiss, will "maybe" rethink their decisions. 

I know this is really mean-spirited of me, but personally, I hope Colton's season is a huge mess.  I think it's just because TPTB didn't even try to pretend that Colton being the Chosen One was somehow an organic evolution. It was so clear how manufactured his story was, how he was clearly being groomed to be the next Bachelor, and how easily he played a part (and per Reality Steve, even lied a couple of times), that I was insulted. 

Then again, I'm not 12, and maybe the teeming masses of pre-teens and teens will end up finding Colton's season to be the best season yet.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 13

I skipped the Nick season, skipped Kaitlin, Ben Higgins and most of Sean's season. I will skip Colton's as well. He is just too boring and indecisive. Also seems to have a nasty mean streak in him as well, so that clinches it. (Unnecessary baiting and attacking Jordan). I am hoping I will like the next Bachelorette, possibly from a season that I've actually watched. Guess I will be away from Bachelor Nation for quite some time. I am hoping that those ratings go right down, so Fleiss never ignores our desires again.

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, Palomar said:

Colton doesn't seem the type to be able to even make a decision period, let alone choosing which "girls"  should go home each week and then which one he wants to "spend the rest of his life with".

That's no problem since TPTB will be telling him who to keep, who to send home. He just has to read the names off at the rose ceremonies. Without laughing.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:40 AM, adhoc said:

I know this is really mean-spirited of me, but personally, I hope Colton's season is a huge mess.  I think it's just because TPTB didn't even try to pretend that Colton being the Chosen One was somehow an organic evolution. It was so clear how manufactured his story was, how he was clearly being groomed to be the next Bachelor,

I hope it's a mess too, which would at least make it minutely interesting. I knew what was happening with Colton when Tia all of a sudden decided she still "had feelings for" Colton so Becca would send him home. Then the BIP Tia/Colton stuff was so scripted and fake. That's why Colton's eyes never match his words, he doesn't even believe what he says. But Becca had to come all the way to BIP to console him, then Tia had to be there, all so Colton could be set up as the poor virgin who kept getting his heart broken, making him the "perfect" bachelor.

Yeah, right. Whatever.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I hope it's a mess too, which would at least make it minutely interesting.

IDK, a small part of me hopes that on night one Colton walks in with full on swagger, and turns out to be the best bachelor ever. Just because there is no way in hell it will happen which means that if it did it truly would be THE!MOST!SHOCKING!SEASON!EVER!!!!!!

But now, it's gonna be a hot mess, so wrong reasons viewers, grab the adult beverage of your choice and buckle in because it's gonna be one bumpy ride. Right reasons viewers might want to skip this one, because I don't see a fairytale ending here. Then again, Colton might be so ready to finally get laid that he does propose at the end of all of this. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

That's no problem since TPTB will be telling him who to keep, who to send home. He just has to read the names off at the rose ceremonies. Without laughing.

Yeah, about reading those names.....Good luck to him with that.  They might need to get him "Hooked On Phonics", stat!

• Love 7

I just read the Chris Harrison article in "People," where he states that Colton will offer "the best TV."

The blurb goes on to quote Colton on his virginity: "I'm just waiting for the right heart."

Maybe THAT'S his stumbling block: anatomy! ???

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The blurb goes on to quote Colton on his virginity: "I'm just waiting for the right heart."

Maybe THAT'S his stumbling block: anatomy! ???

Poor Colton. No wonder he's still single. He'd have to cut out the woman's heart to find out if it's right and once he does that, well, she's dead so...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, call me ishmael said:

Does that mean he is the Tin Man?

I would have thought Scarecrow. If I only had a brain...

He is also lacking the courage to make a decision so he is really just looking for his Dorothy to show him the way. Oh, maybe we will finally get a proper "journey" this time. Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Colton, follow it straight to Oz! (Oz being the "fantasy" suites, obviously. lol)

• Love 4
On 9/6/2018 at 4:21 PM, Wings said:

That one was the best and good place to start but no season will ever top that, for me anyway.   Jef fan here.    

I really liked the Jillian season.  She had good energy, engaged all the men, and the train trip was fun.  I like when they work to create a good show , and she worked her ass off.  Seems like the recent jerks are just going through the motions for their Insta careers. 

Colton.  It’s like when George Costanza started doing the opposite of what was considered logical.  Will it work?  

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I really liked the Jillian season.  She had good energy, engaged all the men, and the train trip was fun.  I like when they work to create a good show , and she worked her ass off.  Seems like the recent jerks are just going through the motions for their Insta careers. 

Colton.  It’s like when George Costanza started doing the opposite of what was considered logical.  Will it work?  

I had forgotten about Jillian; I liked her season, too. 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I just hope Tia doesn’t show up as a contestant on his season. 

My worst fear is that at the end of all of this Colton will reject his final 2 and ask to have Tia brought back because he realizes she is truly the love of his life.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Fable said:
On 9/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

My worst fear is that at the end of all of this Colton will reject his final 2 and ask to have Tia brought back because he realizes she is truly the love of his life. 

Can we not put this out into the universe?!  Let's not jinx ourselves!  :) 

• Love 12

Reality Steve is going to release a bunch of the lovely ladies that will be vying for that Neal Lane ring tomorrow.   As I scrolled through his twitter feed, someone said they heard a rumor that Kendall's twin sister is suppose to be part of the season.   That would totally be a Fleiss approved casting gimmick so will be interesting to see if Sister Kendall (don't remember her name) is on.

• Love 4

Steve released information on 9 girls today.

Three met Colton on Ellen yesterday;  

Sydney: 25, ex-Knicks dancer, Katie, 26, ex-LSU dancer, and Annie, edited to say she's 23 and an account executive who lives in NYC but is from Wisconsin

The others:

Nina, the oldest at 30; account manager

Hannah G,  23 and a social media influencer;  hate her already

Revian, 24 and a nurse; already love her since I work in healthcare

Onyeka, 24, from Dallas and works in IT

Erika, 25 from San Diego, works as a nurse recruiter

Alex, 26 from Winnipeg but lives in Vancouver; heavily involved in animal rescue

Hannah B, 24, Miss Alabama and suffers from social anxiety and depression

Steve thought filming would begin tonight but now he's not sure with the release of upcoming public dates in southern California;  we will know for sure if Fleiss and company don't tweet up a storm tonight that its delayed till tomorrow.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

How is suffering from depression and social anxiety an occupation or tagline?  Doesn’t sound promising.  Sounds like she needs to be anywhere but reality tv.

but we had former chicken, so there’s that. 

If Kendall’s donkey pee drinking twin is on I will riot. 

• Love 6

I like Miss Alabama, Hannah Brown.  Bringing up the social anxiety & depression can definitely help others, and of course the show will exploit it however they can.  But sometimes when ordinary people see that even the beautiful, talented and accomplished suffer from the same conditions, it can give them hope and possibly get help.   Bad stuff doesn't just happen to regular people. 

Every time I look at somebody like Halle Berry & see that even SHE has picked mostly loser husbands/baby daddies, despite her beauty, fame, talent & money, I feel so much better about my life choices.  *LOL*

• Love 7

I just don’t watch the Bachelor to be enlightened.  Right now, every other YouTuber is riding social anxiety for views.  

We are due for a completely wackadoodle Kelsey Poe contestant.  Hope there is one.  God what a unicorn she was. 

• Love 11

I'm so shocked that Colton is interested in a blonde 23 year old social media influencer who already had 50,000 Instagram followers before filming even started. This is going to be an even more generic, fame-hungry final 4 than usual.

• Love 15

They really need to make these people sign contracts forbidding shilling on SM for at least six months after the season airs.

i watch this to see people mAke fools of themselves.  I’m not interested in helping launch an entitlement career on Instagram, or seeing some schlub stumbling around dancing.  This show has lost its way.  

• Love 9
On 9/20/2018 at 12:04 PM, CindyBee said:

Steve released information on 9 girls today.

Three met Colton on Ellen yesterday;  

Sydney: 25, ex-Knicks dancer, Katie, 26, ex-LSU dancer, and Annie, edited to say she's 23 and an account executive who lives in NYC but is from Wisconsin

The others:

Nina, the oldest at 30; account manager

Hannah G,  23 and a social media influencer;  hate her already

Revian, 24 and a nurse; already love her since I work in healthcare

Onyeka, 24, from Dallas and works in IT

Erika, 25 from San Diego, works as a nurse recruiter

Alex, 26 from Winnipeg but lives in Vancouver; heavily involved in animal rescue

Hannah B, 24, Miss Alabama and suffers from social anxiety and depression

Steve thought filming would begin tonight but now he's not sure with the release of upcoming public dates in southern California;  we will know for sure if Fleiss and company don't tweet up a storm tonight that its delayed till tomorrow.

Surprised they don’t have any Hooters waitresses, bartenders, or bikini models. Looks like it’s going to be a particularly vapid show this season. 

• Love 3

RS has posted seven additional girls are on his blog.

• Heather, a 24-year-old Assistant Project Manager from Carlsbad
  • Erin, a 28-year-old Human Resources Manager from Dallas, it means she is eliminated night one and follows Revian on IG
  • Tracy, a 31-year-old Freelance Wardrobe Stylist from Ohio, but lives in LA
  • Cassie, a normal 23-year-old blonde from Huntington Beach works as a teacher, her sister is Gregg Sulkin's boyfriend
  • Demi, another 23-year-old blonde is actress/model from Dallas
  • Nicole, a 26-year-old Latina from Miami works as a Content Coordinator
  • Caelynn, another 23-year-old who is brunette who is reigning Miss North Carolina 2018

Hint: Heather and Cassie have followed each other in IG.

Source: http://realitysteve.com/2018/09/27/the-bachelor-colton-spoilers-podcast-97-danielle-lombard-coltons-women/

Full link (updated): http://realitysteve.com/coltons-girls/2/

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 2

Someone at ABC must have loved "Crazy Rich Asians" as they are heading off to Singapore today.

Reality Steve has pics of them at the airport on his twitter feed and ID'd six of the ~15 ladies left:

Heather Martin, Katie Morton, Hannah Godwin (so not shocked she's still around), Demi Burnett, Sydney Lotuaco, and Onyeka Ehie.

So two of the Ellen girls, Sydney and Katie have made it through the first 3 rose ceremonies (not sure on the 3rd girl, Annie).

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Looks like someone sent RS a screenshot of a post from one of the contestants who's already home from filming.   RS obligingly posted it.

Annie Reardon apparently met Colton with 2 other contestants on Ellen. 

Here's what she just posted on Twitter/Instagram (I'm not sure which):  "When you dump the Bachelor bc he's weird as shit and are headed back to normal happy life without psycho people >>>" .

Provocative post. One can only hope that it's totally spot on and not just a case of sour grapes. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, adhoc said:

Provocative post. One can only hope that it's totally spot on and not just a case of sour grapes. 

Yes please let Annie be speaking the truth and this season be a total train wreck!   Too bad she's gone already as she could have been a great guest on Steve's podcast next year with all the inside scoop!!

• Love 7