Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Regarding Dawn, a simple text saying, thinking of you today, would have been better. I can’t stand her.

Yeah, there's so much wrong with that clip.  Telling Nova that it's Carly's birthday? Sending a video from Nova to Carly?  Dawn calling them?  Dollars to donuts she doesn't call any of her other clients.    

Poor Carly.  They probably won't ever leave her alone, even if, when she's older, she tells them she wants nothing to do with them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

Poor Carly.  They probably won't ever leave her alone, even if, when she's older, she tells them she wants nothing to do with them.

Yeah, I see a restraining/no contact order in the future.  

• Love 13

Will someone from MTV please explain to them their daughter is being raised by others and that she is not on loan??  When she’s older she may or may not want to be in contact and have a relationship with them.  That’s up to her     

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

They just bother me every time they call Carly their "daughter."  I want to punch them!!!!!

I also want to punch the people who write for the tabloids that refer to Carly as their daughter. ??

• Love 19
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Will someone from MTV please explain to them their daughter is being raised by others and that she is not on loan??  When she’s older she may or may not want to be in contact and have a relationship with them.  That’s up to her     

$5 says Carly will not want to know them once she’s 18 or 30... 

• Love 15

I enjoyed Dawn's comment about how C&T had tunnel vision about what was best for Carly "at the time" and how proud she is.

Newsflash, Dawn - Carly would still be better off with Brandon and Teresa if it occurred today!

• Love 15

I don't understand all the grief about them referring to Carly as their daughter. What term are they supposed to use? What term should people who have given their kids up for adoption use when describing them?  Offspring?   I can understand that C&T's behavior about the adoption has been problematic, but in all honesty, what should they call her? 

• Love 5
On 11/2/2018 at 8:16 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I don't understand all the grief about them referring to Carly as their daughter. What term are they supposed to use? What term should people who have given their kids up for adoption use when describing them?  Offspring?   I can understand that C&T's behavior about the adoption has been problematic, but in all honesty, what should they call her? 

To me it's someone using the possessive, "Her child" or "Cate's child, Carly". Cate gave birth to a baby, but that baby is not Catelynn's child, she's the child Cate gave birth to. (Semantics). Carly is Brandon and Teresa's child. I think I would say, "Carly, the child she placed for adoption at birth" which has it's own connotations (and is a mouthful) but it is more appropriate. 

Frankly, why does anyone need to predicate it - we all know who Carly is, so just say, "Carly".

Edited by Stusan
Thanks @marisagf for the correct language of adoption
  • Love 13

They kind of treat Carly like she's a library book that they lent out.  

It is a bit weird to figure out what to call Carly.  There isn't really a term, I don't think, that sums up the relationship for the child that you placed for adoption.  From the child's side, you can call them your birth parents or biological parents vs your adoptive or just parents.  But it seems a bit weird for C&T to call Carly their daughter, when she "belongs" to Brandon & Teresa in a day in and day out sense.  She is their daughter, but it's a different kind of relationship, and it almost seems like not having something that signifies that helps to keep the lines blurrier for them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Carly.  That’s her name.  That’s what they should call her.  Termination of parental rights (which they signed) is called termination of parental rights for a reason.  Carly has a birth certificate with Brandon and Teresa listed as her parents on it.  

• Love 14

I've known two people who gave up a child for adoption. In one case, it was because 50 years ago, women were pressured to do this if they weren't married. In the other, it was about 30 years ago and the woman felt she wasn't ready to raise a child.  In each case, they refer to the child as their daughter even though they had not made attempts to have a relationship with her.

For all of C&T's faults, I don't think using the term "daughter" when referring to Carly is a big deal.  Carly is going to be a topic of conversation for the rest of their lives to some extent since they've gone on to have two more children who will be full siblings to her. There are going to be lots of questions from Nova and the baby (does it have a name yet?) as they grow up.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

To Catelynn and Tyler, Carly is their biological child or birth child. 

To Teresa and Brandon, she is their child or daughter.

Carly was "placed for adoption," not "given up for adoption."

Catelynn and Tyler "made an adoption plan," they did not "give her up for adoption."  They "terminated their parental rights."

Words matter and that is why more positive adoption language is being used.   It shows respect to all the parties involved.  

If that stupid agency taught these dolts anything, they would know this.  It's also kind of common sense.  Calling Carly their "daughter" is really disrespectful to the people who do.

But what can you expect from them?

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 19

I'm gonna go on a rant now. I apologize to everyone in advance. First off, I have a 15-month old daughter that I'm raising alone with my husband (no relatives around). She has been a handful since day one and I do need breaks and to recharge my batteries, but I can't imagine not seeing her for one day (that's just me) let alone for me to be gone six weeks twice! Secondly, I am aware that I will probably have only her or be done with babies for at least 5-7 years. Why? Because I need to get my life back to semi normal at least, to get some rest and energy (baby phase is a biatch), to change careers, just find myself again - basically, give my daughter a better life and a satisfied mother that will excitingly spend time with her as she grows. On the other hand, Cate hasn't been happy and seems miserable for years now. Obviously, she isn't as fulfilled with the SAHM role like she thought she would be. Ok, so that doesn't work and for sure plays a part in her depression. Did she ask herself what would make her feel better? Has she made any effort towards that goal? (I get depression, but she's a bad advocate) Of course you feel bad when you do nothing all day - newsflash, everybody does! 

My third point relates to this - so, her trauma and mental health is her storyline now. Except for basically shoving the sentence 'I was traumatized to everybody's throats and going to her spa for it, have we seen anything else? In the first episode of this season, when she was picked up, she said she was diagnosed with PTSD like she was bragging about it! Like someone said, for some people it's trendy to say that you suffer from a mental disorder these days. agree what she has experienced was trauma, but how did she overcome it besides not commiting suicide? No, really, what are her daily methods that help her? How did she survive, since it seems there's been zero work behind it. So, miserable she stays and what does she do next? Goes ahead and has another baby. Smh

And just a few words about Tyler - don't like him, but he's not dependent of Cate anymore, because of the spa and all. He is done and like someone said, he has slowly been building his exit from the marriage. Too bad that the baby is coming and good luck to both of them, they're gonna need it. 

P. S. It annoys me how Cate is all 'Look at my husband, he's mine'. She doesn't just sound insecure, but since she's always talking about how hot he is and no words have been spoken about her from either sides, she always comes off to me like a 300lb heifer that is saying - look how lucky I got, I have him and I'm way out of his league. You guys will never be that lucky! 

Ok, rant over, lol

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, druzy said:

If this isn't edited and Tyler is really doing the work, I think he will be able to find work after Teen Mom is cancelled.

I think there's already a similar show:

p15691211_b_v8_ab.jpg

10 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Catelynn and Tyler "made an adoption plan," they did not "give her up for adoption."  They "terminated their parental rights."

Words matter and that is why more positive adoption language is being used.   It shows respect to all the parties involved.  

If that stupid agency taught these dolts anything, they would know this.  It's also kind of common sense.  Calling Carly their "daughter" is really disrespectful to the people who do.

Yep!!  Thank you for putting my life into words.  Like it or not, they are not Carly's certified and legal parents.  I’m so glad to have closed adoption.  My son’s bio mom (aka first mom) FB message me last week and I had to call in a no contact order to the police (she is out on parole currently).  She is NOT HIS MOM.  Has not been and never will be again.  I cannot even imagine dealing with this white trash shit show.  

PS Why is there a camper parked in they driveway along with all them other vehicles?????

• Love 9
6 hours ago, druzy said:

If this isn't edited and Tyler is really doing the work, I think he will be able to find work after Teen Mom is cancelled.

I hate myself for loving this house. I'll go back to hating it before they move in.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, druzy said:

@EuropeanGirl if that's your type of rant you should rant more often! Thanks for sharing your experience and insight. 

Thanks, Druzy! I usually just go through the posts and most of you already snarked on something I thought of, but you guys say it so much better :)  Since my daughter is dynamic and active, I have a few minutes to myself when she's asleep to read and like :) Thanks for posting all of their social media nonsense here, appreciate it! 

18 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Thank you!!! I feel like, when they call Carly their daughter, in their minds, she's in an equal position and has an equal status to Nova's and that's not true. Yes, Cate gave birth to her, but she did. not. raise. her. Therefore, absolutely no rights. No, she's not borrowed, like someone above said, or on a long trip. The more they talk about her and continue to be jackasses about it, the less she will want to be in touch with them when she's all grown up. I bet she will deny having any kind of relations to them, let alone something more ridiculous like being theirs! They're beyond delusional when it comes to her. 

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 7

I’m sorry, I can snark on how selfish and awful catelynn is for days, however what dawn did to those two was totally disgusting. 

They were two 16 year old, poor, uneducated, kids of trailer trash and drug addicts who had no zero support or guidance. 

DAWN is the one who is the monster. Convincing them that an open adoption was something totally different than what it really was! The way they described it was that they get a visit every year, can have contact etc. etc. 

Then years later when they get denied a visit they go to dawn to go over the contract with them and she explains it in a very different way where they have basically ZERO rights. 

That I feel awful for them.  

• Love 17
10 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I hate myself for loving this house. I'll go back to hating it before they move in.

I love the house. I think it's cute; and Tyler is 100% right about the porch. 

As douchey as he can be, I'm glad he finds ways to stay busy and do something he enjoys. It's more than I can say for his sloth of a wife. 

• Love 13
On 11/1/2018 at 11:12 PM, druzy said:

Fuck Dawn. She prayed and lied to two clueless teens for profits 

19 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

I’m sorry, I can snark on how selfish and awful catelynn is for days, however what dawn did to those two was totally disgusting. 

They were two 16 year old, poor, uneducated, kids of trailer trash and drug addicts who had no zero support or guidance. 

DAWN is the one who is the monster. Convincing them that an open adoption was something totally different than what it really was! The way they described it was that they get a visit every year, can have contact etc. etc. 

Then years later when they get denied a visit they go to dawn to go over the contract with them and she explains it in a very different way where they have basically ZERO rights. 

That I feel awful for them.  

Yes, as an adoptive parent I knew Dawn was bs from the first day. C&T thought it was co parenting because Dawn made it sound like that. 

• Love 8
On 11/2/2018 at 9:16 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Well, I see no issues with it. My kids birth parents call them their kids. Some of my adopted kids refer to their birth parents as mom and dad or their name or a nickname. 

The issue I see with C&T is that clearly the adoption is an issue for them. Caitlyn regrets it and it might be one of the reasons why she's currently in the state she's in. They also don't respect boundaries. 

On 11/2/2018 at 12:01 PM, dariafan said:

Ugh, I see comments from fans telling C&T Carly will be with them at 18. Umm, no. We don't know how Carly will feel or what she will do. If anything, I hope Carly stays away from C&T gor a longtime. They're both attention whores.

• Love 5
On 11/2/2018 at 6:33 PM, Stusan said:

I enjoyed Dawn's comment about how C&T had tunnel vision about what was best for Carly "at the time" and how proud she is.

Newsflash, Dawn - Carly would still be better off with Brandon and Teresa if it occurred today!

Exactly! Any child born to cate and Tyler would be so much better off being adopted than living in that house of horrors woth the family of addicts and neglectful cate as a mom. The difference between Carly and novas life is startling. (even though catelynn and Tyler don't have to get up and go to work every day like most parents so they have tons of free time to do things with nova as well as way more money than most people their age make) Carly is loved and cherished and is probably a very well educated sweet friendly little girl. Nova is practically feral. 

• Love 12

I personally think it will be very interesting to see what sort of relationships develop between the three siblings of C&T when they get older. They have a very unique set of life circumstances - the sibling who was adopted out will be able to watch the life experience of the other two (at least MTV's version of it) unfold on Teen Mom. I am sure it will be challenging, but I hope they will all find a way to be at peace with it.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I personally think it will be very interesting to see what sort of relationships develop between the three siblings of C&T when they get older. They have a very unique set of life circumstances - the sibling who was adopted out will be able to watch the life experience of the other two (at least MTV's version of it) unfold on Teen Mom. I am sure it will be challenging, but I hope they will all find a way to be at peace with it.

I realize I'm looking at this through a very personal lens.  My parents got divorced and some kids went with my mom (including me) and some stayed with my dad.  Things were really messy so there wasn't a lot of interaction for about a decade.  But the few times there were visits to my dad's, I saw the others leading the life I used to have (more money, more advantages, close relationships with cousins), and I got upset.  I basically viewed it as I was being punished for choosing the parent I did.  That's not exactly how things were (I see now), but at the time, I was upset and hurt.   So, that being said, if I were one of the notCarlys, I'd look at Carly's life and think, "why couldn't I have gone to B&T also?"

Of course, who knows?  The notCarlys might end up really enjoying their lot in life.

• Love 6